General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-18-2008, 01:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Default I Am Really Mad At This!!!

Ok first of all I wasn't sure whether to post this as it quite personal, but I have been angry for a little while and I need to write it down. Luckily, it might help people see that some others are totally fake.

I am at the point I don't know whether to scream or what.

At 12 my parents took me to this "doctor", who advertised diets with physical food supplements. I was on her diet for 6 months when I started having weird symptoms (intense sweat and almost black you know). I stopped the remedies and diet on my own (because the weight loss was not significant either. 3 months later, I collapse. I was harried to the hospital for blood samples when it was discovered that my iron was almost inexistent and my kidneys were barely working. I spent 1 year in the hospital with doctors and parents insanely worried (mum actually admitted two years ago that doctors were saying I might lose my kidneys or even die) and during that time my doctor asked me to bring the supplements to him. The chemistry lab showed that the supplements were pure poison for my kidneys. Miraculously, even the doctor community says that because I was taking no medications at the time because it was too risky, a year later my kidneys revived on their own. The so-called doctor, as it was found with my case, was a fake doctor that used fake university diplomas (I think it was supposedly alternative medication), and was taking advantage of people. The doctor's community striped her off her license and she was convicted in 2 years in jail.

Anyways today I found out that she has done it again! With a fake ID and new fake university diplomas she managed to get another victim. Unfortunately this new victim was not as lucky and cannot walk anymore. Who lets this monsters run amok without paying notice? She only got 7 years in prison. For me it is nothing!
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #2  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

OMFG!! That is horrible!!! That makes me so angry!!!! She should've got a longer sentence!! Or should even do time again since she's obviously a con.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 06-18-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Who-a, that sucks. I'm glad to see you're doing better. Is the quack in jail now? Where are you (are you in the US)? What recourse do you have if you ever hear she gets out and goes back into business again?

This website may help: http://www.quackwatch.com/

Last edited by ANOther; 06-18-2008 at 02:05 PM.
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #4  

I don't even know how the Cypriot legal system works in this cases. For me it was too tolerant. I don't know. I hope the victim's family will ask for more time or something.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANOther View Post
Who-a, that sucks. I'm glad to see you're doing better. Is the quack in jail now? Where are you (are you in the US)? What recourse do you have if you ever hear she gets out and goes back into business again?

This website may help: http://www.quackwatch.com/
She is in jail but as I said, I am from Cyprus and I am not quite sure how the legal system works. Supposedly she wasn't supposed to get another license after my case. But considering I come from a small island, she might have examined people at her house (I think this was the case this time). In my place you can see people's diplomas and believe them because coming from this small community we think everyone is bound to be honest.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #6  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

oh how awful.
You can write a letter to the Cyprus legal system and tell them of your experiences with this "doctor".
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 166.5/135/120

Height: 5'8"

Wow that's insane! she should be locked up forever. isn't that like attempted murder? Glad to hear you recovered ok.
FlabulessPhyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:53 PM   #8  

I think that I am a lucky person. Every morning I wake up, I thank God for being alive today after 10 years. I can't say I am emotionally recovered. I still read medication's leaflets over and over, refuse to take painkillers unless I am writhing in pain and it took me 10 years to start trusting even a certified diet planner (she said she was, but she wasn't).

Anyways, since this time she did this practice at home, maybe it will be for the best. But come on, she managed to change her identity once, she might do it again. I know her new victim's family has also sued her for the permanent damage her 'treatment' caused to the victim.

I am not sure if my case will be longer taken into consideration. I was 12 at the time and my doctor back then had taken care of everything. I know he is still trying to collect evidence against her. It seems I was not the only one back then but my condition was so severe by almost losing my kidneys and plus we were the first to openly admit that we were stupid enough to believe her (some may have taken her remedies and just though 'bleh, I failed another diet).

I, on my behalf, every time I hear of pills/drops that make you thin, I throw a hissy fit.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #9  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm so sorry you had this experience as a child. It's terrible that this woman was allowed out and hurt more people. I really wonder how people like that live with themselves!
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #10  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Oh man, that is sooo scary!! I'm glad you're okay!!

When I was twelve, I had braces put on in Louisiana - then when I moved overseas, I went to an orthodontist in Bosnia that screwed my teeth up so bad I had to have braces for three years just to UNDO the damage he did. I also had to get aids testing done because we didn't know if he was actually sterilizing any of his materials (I tested out fine) and now I have TERRIBLE tmj (my jaw pops really badly) - come to find out he purchased his degree in Kuwait.

I was sooo glad to read that your kidneys were able to repair yourself. I'm going to have to have four more major surgeries on my mouth to fix the stuff done.

Hopefully these 'doctors' get what's coming to them!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Unfortunately there are quacks around. The best we can do is get all the information beforehand , if possible.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:21 AM   #12  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

im really supprised she didnt get a harsher punishment.. 2 years is a joke .. even 7 years what is it gonna take for them to give her a punishment that fits the crime...death...
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I can't believe that.. I am so sorry! She def. does not need to be in contact with the public...
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote