PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 381/tracker/175

Height: 5'9

Default Insulin Resistence

Ok so I just got my inulin results and they are 28.4. The doctor hasn't signed off on them but the nurse told me I am insulin resistent. Does this sound like I am? It would explain alot and hopefully help me in getting pregnant!
AmbieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

Hello. My fasting insulin after having a glucose tolerance test done in 2005 was 122. They diagnosed my IR at that point. Did you have a glucose tolerance test or did they just do your fasting insulin with a glucose monitor? I'm not sure about your numbers but I would definitely wait to get a confirmation from your doc. Hopefully your not. Good luck!!
sunkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I think you're both talking about different numbers. Sunkissed, do you mean your blood sugar was 122 after the glucose tolerance test?
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

Yes. My cholesterol was also tested and since my "good" cholesterol was "low", they diagnosed me insulin resistant.

What's normal?
A normal blood sugar level after an oral glucose tolerance test is lower than 140 mg/dL.

What level suggests prediabetes?
If your blood sugar level is 140 mg/dL to 199 mg/dL after an oral glucose tolerance test, you may have prediabetes.

What level suggests type 1 or type 2 diabetes?
A blood sugar level of 200 mg/dL or higher two hours after you drink the sugary solution may indicate diabetes. Your doctor may repeat this or other tests to confirm the diagnosis.
sunkissed is offline   Reply With Quote