Old 06-18-2008, 08:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 148.2/145.2/135

Default Needing advice

I am looking for a bunch of new recipes, as when the others get old, you are less likely to stick to them. The funny thing is, a lot of the ones we make are ones that are listed on here too. They are all wonderful, do not get me wrong. Just in need of something different as to not stick into a rut and shake things up a bit.

I need ideas for breakfasts as well, dinners too.

I apppreciate all the help you give!

Boo
aka Beth
RedoBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

By "here" do you mean the Flex area or the general WW Recipes board on 3FC? There are a ton of recipes on the WW Recipes Board.

I'd be happy to give you some ideas if you give some more info on what you're looking for. I cook pretty much every night and love to mix things up. Do you want chicken recipes? Pasta? Vegetarian? Mexican? Slow-cooker? Ready in under 30 minutes? What do you feel like experimenting with?
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

I would like someone to explain Hummas to me.. I know it has chickpeas in it, but what do you do with it? I suppose I can google it.. lol

When I was shopping I saw some Hummas that was flavored - peanuts, spicy and a few others. It reminds me of refried beans but lighter.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I don't like flavored hummus. Bleh.

Hummus usually consists of chickpeas, tahini (sesame paste), olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. It's pretty versatile and it usually used as a spread, dip, or topping. I like it with Wasa crackers or carrots the best. I'll also spread it on a wrap instead of using dressing or cheese. It's fantastically tasty, gets some good nutrients in there too!

It's definitely worth a try. Sit yourself down with some hummus, some pita wedges, some crackers, various veggies, see how you like it!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

I LOVE hummus. Especially the roasted garlic kind .

It's great as a dip for veggies or pita or whole grain crackers. A yummy, yummy sandwich idea I've tried is to spread some inside the halves of a whole wheat pita. Then I put chopped up veggies in with it...tomatoes, cucumbers, chopped baby carrots, some lettuce...yum!

I have the ingredients to make some myself, but I never pull out the food processor to do it!

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:49 AM   #6  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Another thing I do with Hummus ( besides whats listed above ) Is I will pop the yolk out of a hardboiled egg and refill it with Hummus... Friggin Yum!! :-D
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #7  

LOL... I have added hummus to my grocery list! From what I can gather 1/4 cup of hummus is only 2 points. 1/4 of a cup is a good amount

RedoBoo- I kinda hijacked your thread with my hummus question.

What are some of your recipes? I found that if I googled WW recipes I have found a bunch of them! I have just been cooking what I normally cook, but I use different methods or change up the ingredients to lower fat items (turkey instead of hamburger). I have been grilling a lot since we purchased a new grill and have been very successful with that. Grilled veggies are soooooo good!
Old 06-19-2008, 11:06 AM   #8  

I found this recipe that I am going to try. I love Spinach dip, so I am going to try this. I have to figure the points - I don't think that it will be over 3 for a 1/4 cup.

Spinach Hummus

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 can garbanzo beans/chickpeas (15 oz), drained
* 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
* 1/4 cup tahini
* 2 tablespoons garlic
* 3 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

PREPARATION:
In a food processor, process beans, garlic, spinach and olive oil. Add lemon and salt and blend. If spinach hummus is too thick, add 1 tablespoon water until desired consistency. Hummus should be smooth and creamy.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #9  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I'm not a big fan of light or FF foods, I do like 2% cheeses, and use the leanest meats I can find.

I have found that alot of rachel ray recipes are not bad points wise, and are pretty adaptable, she uses alot of veg and the olive oil. You could check out her website.

For you chickpea lovers (I'm one, I like to open a can of chickpeas and a can of black olives and just mix them up and munch, I also use chickpeas instead of some of the beans when I make chili, too), she has a spaghetti alla ceci (chickpeas), I've made and put over chicken breast instead of spaghetti, yummy

basically, you pulse the chickpeas in a food processor to a fine chop, saute garlic in olive oil with a little red pepper flakes, add the chopped chickpeas season with thyme, salt & pepper then add 1/2 c. dry white wine or chicken stock, cook down for a half a minute and add a can of crushed tomatoes (14 oz.) if you want the details go to her website and in the food section type ceci in the search box and the recipe comes up.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #10  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

I made this one night and DH loved it, he's not a big spinach fan, this worked pretty good.

couscous
box of frozen spinach
FF beef broth
olive oil for sauteeing
garlic, onion

put spinach unwrapped in box on plate and micro for 6 mins to defrost, turn out of box onto a clean towel (I have a green one for this chore)roll the towel around the spinach and twist to drain the spinach, if you twist it good the spinach comes right off the towel, you will have to wash it after, but it drains it great.

saute onion and garlic in about a tablespoon of olive oil, add spinach, then depending on how much couscous you are making (I use a box of plain, it takes 1 1/2 cups of broth) add the broth, let it bubble up a bit then remove from heat mix in couscous and cover, let stand for about 5 mins. or so

makes a great side dish, you get in your healthy oil and some veg. I love couscous because it's so quick as a side compared to say rice, but can be a bit dry if you skimp on the liquid, it seems like it separates into a million little pieces.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #11  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

I just ate a Kashi TLC trail mix bar, it was great and came in at 2 pts.!