Old 06-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Red face I'm good during the day but once I go home, it's a different story!

Help! I've been doing so good during the day. I have fresh fruit and vegetables that I bring for snacks, I pack my lunch with a healthy meal. I turn down all of the sweets and pop at work no problem. But once I get home, I'm tempted to over eat and then I even make a special trip to the store to buy a piece of chocolate. I'm like, hello what am I doing? One thing that keeps me motivated during the day is all of you. I hear all of the encouragement and read people's struggles and know that I'm not alone, but when I go home I am alone. Any suggestions? I really want to be healthy and I want to have self control. Please help!

Heather
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #2  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Have a menu and a plan. Plan your exercise, plan your meal and snacks. When the cravings hit, drink a ton of water, go for a walk, make a phone call, pay a bill... distraction is key! If you're still having the craving, have a healthy substitute. Later if you're STILL craving, have a smaller portion or whatever you wanted. At least by then you tried other things - and had your water, a walk, talked with a friend, and paid a bill :P

Curious to see what other's tips are!
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #3  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I have the same inclination you do, I can be good all day long, but having empty hours at the end of the day sets my sights on snacking! For myself, I try to plan a little treat in the evenings to look forward to, like a skinny cow ice cream cone or a plum or something like that, something I really like that is not a lot of calories. It also helps me to keep busy, if I'm doing laundry or calling friends to chat my mind is busy and I don't have time to think about what I could be eating.

Oh, also on really tempting days I like to use one of those whitening strips on my teeth, floss, basically make my teeth too clean to eat something and dirty them up. I might take a long bubble bath too, give myself a face mask, do my nails...it makes the time pass by and sometimes by then the urge to run out and get food has passed me by.
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #4  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I have that same problem. It can ruin your whole day if you give in. I find that planning my meals and having a snack to look forward to helps, like the person before had said. Try to stay out of the kitchen after supper. Just dont go in there, turn the light out and make it off limits. If you cant go in the kitchen, you cant get any food. Good luck! Dont give up....
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #5  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

when the cravings get really bad, i stuff myself with high fiber foods. i usually end up sooooo full of the good stuff, i don't have much room for the bad.
but sometimes, like when it's my tom, that doesnt even work. those are the times i will treat myself, but in moderation.
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I guess part of my problem is today is I wish I could go back to bed and start the day all over! Have you ever had a day that everything that can go wrong will go wrong? It's like watching a down hill spiral and you can't stop it or as my mom would say "trying to herd squirrels." I feel like that today and I know if I'm having such a day while I'm at work, I'm nervous about when I get home. I already have in my mind that I will bake fish, put together an awesome salad, and steam some veggies.... so at least I have a plan.... Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions.

What are some high fiber foods that I eat that will make me full?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:55 PM   #7  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

I seem to have a similar problem except I can be good all day when I am at home. But when I go to work in the evening I cant seem to help myself snacking. I work part time in a movie theatre and temptation is EVERYWHERE. I always seem to give in
jenosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #8  
I will do this.

My problem is the opposite. I am good when I am at home - and then the moment I go out it's almost like I start looking for food.

I know when I hang out with friends or family there is food about. I mean, we do healthy things like hiking and swimming but there is always cheese, wine, chips...

Sometimes I decline hanging out with my friends because I know I sometimes just can't say no to the foods that is going to be there and I try to think about other things when I am out - making conversation - staying again from the food area but it's like there is a fire in me that just can't stay away from that dip!

Help!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #9  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

i wish that i could decline work, then id definately stay on track..
wasn't too bad tonight was kept busy enough to stay away from the popcorn :S
jenosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #10  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

here are some............... also, i eat a Fiber One bar in evening with a glass of milk.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art49479.asp
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote