30-Somethings - Happy St Patricks Day!!Week of Mar 17!!!

RoadRunner
03-17-2002, 12:37 PM
Hello all!!!!Got up this morning with the flu!!Feel like yuck this morning, but not bad enough to stay off the computer!!!!:o

I lost my list but yeah to someone in the size 6 pants!!!!!!{Bailey????}I am scatter brained this morning soo will post more later!!!!
RR-with the non shiny sink!!!:dz:

BigPhatBooty
03-17-2002, 01:01 PM
Can you believe I have an eye infection in my left eye. Seems to have started on Friday, and was really bad on Saturday and this morning. The eye drops seem to be making things ease up. I had two last year - the 2nd one started on Xmas Eve :eek:

Well I am sure my kitchen sink is shiny - well according to my right eye it is :devil:

Hope y'all doing okay. :D

Rabbit
03-17-2002, 02:52 PM
HI ALL - HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!

I made green hashbrowns for brunch in honor of st. patrick's day - but did not eat any!:)

I am working on my nighttime eating - that is what is killing me.

I also noticed as soon as aunt flo arrived, I suddenly had a 22 pt day - as opposed to the 31 pt days I've been having. Hmmm.

RR - hope you feel better! Rest up today.

BPB - hope the eye is better!

Rabbit
177.026 miles

lizzard_h
03-18-2002, 12:57 PM
The weekend is already over?? :( I had a great one enjoying my alone time -- I did miss DH though and was happy when he called to check on me Sat night. It could have been sunnier but then I'd probably be whining cuz I'd be sunburned. Women -- never happy!! :lol: I slept in late Saturday, had a nice breakfast, did a few chores, blended up a giant half strawberry daquiri/half pina colada, stuck a cd in my walkman and laid out for almost two hours. It was heavenly!! Now back to the real world though.

Rabbit -- good for you on not eating hb's. I won't tell you all the bad stuff I ate this weekend. Now I've gotta be extra good this week to make up for it.

BPB -- bummer about the eye. Have you been hanging out with Lys's kids? :D I hope you get to feeling better.

RR -- sorry to hear you're sick. Get lots of sleep and drink lots of fluids!!

Bailey -- CONGRATS!!!! A size 6?? That would be a dream come true for me. I have a size 10 somewhere in the back of my closet. I meant to dig them out this weekend to see how close I am to getting my butt in them. If I go below that the pigs will be flying here.

Okay...I forgot the rest of the stuff that was on the other thread so I'll have to go for now. Have a great day everyone!!

LBH
03-18-2002, 01:58 PM
Hi All,

Wow, that was a quick weekend!! We had a great time though. The hotel was nice, but I was expecting more and was disappointed. It was supposed to be a King room, and was Queen...a big disappointment when you have a King at home! They gave us extra dry champagne, and I like the sweet stuff, like asti spumanti, so I called the desk, who called the restaurant and asked. They called me back and said they could give me something different, but it would cost extra!! :eek: Forget it, I'll suffer... I just had a sip or two, then ate the chocolate! :devil: We ended up just eating dinner at this steakhouse that's supposed to have great burgers. They were OK, but nothing special...glad we didn't spend too much money! Had brunch at the restaurant at the hotel Sunday AM. It was yummy!! They had everything you could imagine! Could've stayed there and eaten all day!! :eek: I had way too much, but I also could've been much worse. We went home after brunch and DH sacked out on the sofa. Neither of us slept too well, and not for obvious reasons!! The pillow was too big and fluffy and I kept waking up with a kink in my neck. DH just tossed all night. I guess there's nothing like you're own bed. :) My mom came over Sunday and we went to Costco and then to see an open house. I was just in the mood to see open houses. Had three picked out to see, but we only made it to one. It was a dumpy little lake area house. It did have an in ground pool though. There was potential, but since I wasn't seriously looking, I didn't get worked up about it. Then DH and I had corned beef, cabbage, little red potatoes and irish country bread for dinner. It was really good...first time I've made that! Mom brought over our wedding cake which has been in her freezer for the year, so we had that for dessert! It actually was not bad at all!! The icing, which was whipped cream, was a little funky, but the cake and choc. mousse filling were fine! I was a little upset because the top layer was supposed to be chocolate with canoli cream filling, so they screwed that up...oh well. And then of course more FEEP last night!! :devil: :devil:

Liz- Sounds like you had a fairly nice weekend, even though it wasn't everything you planned. Here's to pig's flying!! :D

Rabbit- Glad you resisted the hashbrowns! What did you do, add a little green food coloring to the potatoes? Glad AF gave you some relief!

BPB- Girl, you are falling apart!! Maybe your sink is shiny because of the glaze over your eye?! :lol: Get better and get posting missy!!

RR- Ugh...feel better soon!! And when you do...shine that sink!! :D

Have a great day all!!

elisa822
03-18-2002, 03:34 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well my husband and I went out Friday night for a very fattening dinner of french onion soup and ribs and fries. Honestly I ate about 1/3 of the ribs and took the rest home but it was still a huge meal. And since we were treating ourselves we went for ice cream for dessert. It was all delicious. Saturday we splurged a little too, but Sunday we were back on track. I even had my husband hide my scale for a week or so since I was weighing myself everyday and getting upset about not seeing any loss. Maybe this week will help. It's really been about 6 weeks that I've been up and down the same 2 or 3 pounds. So we'll so how this goes. I knew if I just told myself not to get on the scale it wouldn't work so when I went out he hid it for me and it's killing me!!

Lauren - we also went to see some homes but there's a problem when $250,000 gets you crap!!! That's living in the city for you! Sorry you're weekend wasn't as great as you'd hoped but it sounds like you still had fun!

Liz - I'm so envious of your pool/daquiri day - it sounds heavenly and I can't wait for the warm weather here!!

Rabbit - nightime eating is also my problem although I've gotten much much better. But when I crack - it's usually in the evenings. I've also been struggling lately with breakfast. I don't like to have too many points since I tend to eat more later and, other than cereal, I'm not sure so I usually don't eat much which isn't great.

Bailey - size 6!!!!!!!! holy crap that's great. I was excited about my 12's and I got into one pair of size 10's (that must be big). It's funny how different shapes are because when I weighed 140 I was only a 10 or maybe an 8 (if they were big). I'd love to be a six!!!!!!! I'd feel sooooo skinny!

Have a great day everyone!
Elisa

lyssalou
03-18-2002, 04:42 PM
So, want to hear about my weekend?

Dh picked the van up Friday afternoon, and though it was actually running, it still wasn't running right. But we set out anyway. The more we drove, the worse it got. By the time we made it to sil's town which is about an hr. away, the car sounded like we might not even make it home much less an hour further away, and then back again. So we took pizza to sil's house (veggie with out cheese for me and dh), ate the "cake pudding" I had made out of cnc(my two youngest)'s failed birthday cake. It was good, and dh and I only had a bite. We split up the muffins I had made for breakfast, and then went home. We got up and spent Saturday fixing the van. Luckily, it ended up being a fairly simple problem, and it saved us from a worse disaster camping. Sil woke up Saturday morning with the stomach flu. That would have been horrible if she got that camping. Sunday was spent grocery shopping and picking up the house. Because of the van, I hadn't been able to shop, so we were out of everything.

Well, I hope we have better luck next time we plan to go camping. Dk's love it, and we barely have any trouble out of them while we are camping, so dh and I get a real break.

Elisa - good for you only eating 1/3 of your meal. I am not there yet, I still have a hard time not clearing my plate, especially when the food is good. Don't give up on loosing, because sooner or later the scales will start moving down.

LBH - Sorry your weekend didn't go as expected. But at least you and dh got away. It is always nice to have a change in scenery, even if it is only to make you appretiate your own back yard!!!

Liz - Sounds like your weekend was heaven. But alas, I too would have missed dh.

Rabbit - Way to go on skipping out on the hash browns. Btw, what do you believe?

Bpb - I am sorry, if I spread our families eye germs over the world wide web, but I don't want them back!!! :lol: I do hope however, that you do get rid of them soon. And that you will start posting more.

RR - I hope you are feeling better today, and that you will feel even better tomorrow.

Baily - I can only hope that I will see the day, that I fit into size 6 again. You should be very proud. Keep it up, and you will be in a size 3 yet!!! :smug:

Well, have to run, I need to go find some motivation to shine my sink, however one marked improvement is that I did get dressed to my shoes, even if it wasn't the minute I got up. (better late than never)

The best shine I ever get on my sink is using Bon Ami, and vinegar!! Stinks, but boy does my sink shine.

lyssalou
03-18-2002, 05:06 PM
Ok, just found something really cool from FlyLady (http://www.flylady.net)!

If you want to change your FlyLadyMentors subscription to digest, just send a message to:
FlyLadyMentors-digest@yahoogroups.com

To change it to individual emails, just send a message to:FlyLadyMentors-normal@yahoogroups.com

There are more great emails and other info on her "Contact us" (http://www.flylady.net/pages/Contact.asp) page.

I just thought that might be easier than the directions I gave earlier. If any of you try it, let me know how it works.

Juldiet
03-18-2002, 05:11 PM
Announcement: ...I actually got up and exercised this morning!!

Its raining now and I've been packing orders. Need to get Weston's school done for the day. He didn't do any last week being at Grandmas house all week.

O.k., need to get on with it. Will try to post more later, jul

Rabbit
03-18-2002, 07:31 PM
hello.

Need to make this quick!

Liz - glad you had a fun weekend in the sun!

Lauren - I'm partial to asti also. ~ Yes, I put green food coloring in the hashbrowns.

Elisa - hope I can get this evening thing conquered as you have. Good luck with your breakfast eating - you need to eat something!

Lys - hopefully the next camping trip will work out for you. ~ As for the I believe, I believe that I can do this.:)

Jul - hooray on the exercise!

Gotta make dinner!

Rabbit

lyssalou
03-18-2002, 09:00 PM
Just thought I would share with you all the parent site to FlyLady!!!

Sidetracked Sisters Homepage (http://www.shesintouch.com)

It is a cool site, and it is where FlyLady got her beginnings. They have some discussion groups too.

I used to be really into their progam, and when I am more back into the swing of things, I will share with anyone who is interested my "Excel" spreadsheet for the journal. It has everything you could ever want for a really nice book. I wanted to make it as a free contribution to anyone who was interested.

Rabbit - I believe you can do it too!!! And, I believe dh and I are going to succeed this time forever!!!

Jul - Good for you. You go girl!!!

Backfor 2002
03-18-2002, 11:40 PM
Hi everyone,

Boy you all have been BUSY around here. I just finished reading all of the posts.

I got home late last night. Our plane was delayed by over 3 hours. Not a lot of fun. We did run into a friend of ours in the PHX airport. It was funny to see him there. I also ran into a girl I went to high school with on the plane. The weather was nice a little cooler than normal but we got lots of sun time.

Lyssalou, thanks for the info on the flylady. I am not sure that I am so interested now that I know it is about cleaning. :-)

Liz, Oh your day by the pool sounds like heaven.

RR, You will have so much fun on your cruise. Congrats on the loose pants.

Lauren, Sounds like the anniversary was fun even with the disappointment of the hotel.

Jul, I got my flying pig today. I LOVE IT! I know it is going to give me lots of motivation sitting on the nightstand. DH loved the whole idea of it. I forget to tell him about it until it showed up today. I am glad I went with the pinkish color.

BFB, I think I will be with you on the slovenly lady site.

Bailey, Awesome job on the pants. I wish I was close to a 10. One day at a time. I guess it is just more motivation to keep these pigs flying.

Rabbit, I bet your painted napkins are cute.

Elisa, Good job on having the H hide the scale. The scale so easily dictates how we are feeling for the day.

Well I have some serious work to do in counteracting the number of liquid points I consumed this weekend so I best be getting on that treadmill.

Nanci

RoadRunner
03-19-2002, 08:53 AM
Hello all!!!
WEll, I worked until 11:30 yesterday and went to the DR...It is the sinus infection again and the strep throat.He was able to give me the strong stuff the first time since I am not pg...I then left, picked up #1 from school..made her an appointment at 4pm...picked up #2 from school, took her to the cardioligist for her 1 month heart checkup after surgery...got in a fight with the doctor(I think the advil was wearing off..and he was a butt)
Took us almost 2 hrs to get a 3 minute video echocardiagram of her heart..Man is she strong!!!!:strong: I sang Barney and then finally 4 of us held her down!!!I didnt have the strength to go get the chest x ray, soo put that off...Ran #1 to the Dr..then dropped off prescriptions, took them for ice cream and got home and just dropped..Had fever 103 and couldnt move!!!!DH gave me a cool bath, Tylenol my antibiotcs and then rubbed my back and legs which were killing me..I woke up at 6am..he had even called me in sick!!!:love: He is a good man!!!!

Lauren--I am glad U had a get away!!!I love my queen bed!!!Of course, I will have a twin probably on the cruise!!!!:lol:
Glad it turned out better than it started!!!!Wow..one year already!!!!I am right behind!!!!

BFB--Take care of that eye!!!Be careful with eye makeup or U can spread it to the other side!!Throw away that mascara and start with a new one!!!!

Nanci--The world traveler!!!!WHere is the next port of call????Glad U had a nice time even though U had to wait in the airport!!Hmmmmm...is there a healthclub in the airports????

Jul--UR one step ahead of me!!!I must excercise when I am better!!I think I will scrapbook today and hopefully finish 2001!!!

lyssa-Glad the van made it!!!Even better that it was easily fixed!!!

Susie Homemaker(Rabbit)-Green hashbrowns???U have more energy than me!!!Will U do pastels on Easter??? :?:

HEllo to the others!!!Have a great day!!!
Vicki

LBH
03-19-2002, 10:43 AM
Hi All,

Finally stepped on the scale this AM, and much to my surprise, I maintained...again. I actually would not have been surprised if it was a gain, as I was not good last week. At least I'm still exercising and still liking it though.

Vicki- Ugh...that sucks...at least you're allowed good strong drugs this time. Hope they kick in and you're feeling betting soon! Don't forget your vitamins too!! DH is a prince!! Glad to hear #2 is doing soo great! And why didn't you get a full or queen bed for your cruise?! What cruise line are you going?

Nanci- You sound like my mom, no matter where she goes, she almost always either sees someone she knows, or meets another nurse/diabetes educator!! It drives us nuts!! Glad you had a good time though.

Lys- Thanks for the link...will check it out later! I would love to see your spreadsheet! I was gonna make one (I love Excel!) but I just haven't had the time lately. Click here to email me! (lbh768@yahoo.com) Thanks!

Jul- Congrats on the exercising!!! :D It was dark and dreary all day here yesterday too. It's beautiful and sunny here today though!

Have a great day all!! I'm actually looking forward to bowling tonight so I can try out my long overdue new bowling shoes!! :lol:

LBH
03-19-2002, 03:11 PM
Any heard this??? I never heard it...how can too much water be bad?! This was in my Flylady digest...

Please keep in mind that too much of a good thing is bad. Do not drink more that 12 ounces in a 30 minute period of time. There is such a thing as water intoxication. Your kidneys can shut down.

Juldiet
03-19-2002, 03:38 PM
Lauren: I've heard about water intox..but I thought it was a much higher rate in a shorter time frame. Maybe RR will know something about that.

We've got more rain. My yard is floating! I love rain, but this is getting to be a bit much. I need to go to the grocery store but just don't want to get the guys out in this.

RR: take care and get better. Kenny always gets a lot of sinus infections....I always get the strep. In fact this should be my week to get strep. I always get it this week in March (at least I can chart back the last 6 years of having it this same week).

Lys: bummer on the camping trip. I love to camp. In fact one summer I spent 3 months living in a tent for 2 weeks at a time then we'd go back into DC for 3 days to pick up another group of kids for wilderness camping. I also use to take youth groups on two week backpacking trips in CO. Love the outdoors! I'm close to a lot of great hiking/camping areas here in the Ozark Mts. In MO and AR and I rarely get to go.

Need to get on with the day - jul

BigPhatBooty
03-19-2002, 04:30 PM
Hey all :wave:

Thanks for all your well wishes.

I have no idea how I got this eye infection because I haven't worn eye make up in ages and have not had close contact with any lurgies, except maybe the ones that are floating around here :s: (hint hint Lyssalou).

I don't care if my sink is shiny due to the glaze over my eye :devil: all I know is that I stand by my motto to be a slovely lady through sickness and heath, through wealth and poverty :lol:

Slovenly Sisters - stand up and be counted, be proud. Why waste time cleaning when you could be out shopping, buy kinky shoes and drinking daquiri - what more do you want out of life?!

Look what I found.....
Any heard this??? Please keep in mind that too much of a good thing is bad. Shining your sink to excess will cause weight gain :devil: :s:

There a direct quote from Slovenly Lady Inc

RoadRunner
03-19-2002, 06:03 PM
Lauren--I have never heard of a "normal" person getting water intoxcation..It is usually an athlete involved in a Marathon or high sweating event that drinks too much water...THe person is sweating out sodium and the increase water dilutes it even further soo that the excess water is absorbed in the blood and builds up fluid in the brain...They vomit lots and can die from hyponatremia(decreased sodium).Interesting..never thought about it on a normal basis of drinking water!!!

Lauren- I requested the single bed!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
RR

Rabbit
03-19-2002, 08:09 PM
hello.

I finished my Easter shopping today - woohoo - and I gave dh the candy to put away to get it out of my sight (and mind). I don't want to know where it is. This has been working - I haven't looked for it.:D

Lyssa - I believe I can fly! ~ And I believe you and dh can succeed, forever.:)

Nanci - nice that you had lots of sun time! It is dreary again today in the midwest.

RR - oh, so much running to do when you are sick! :p I feel bad for you. ~ Pastels would be cute for Easter, but we aren't having hashbrowns - there will be no brunch that day, we'll have lunch/dinner.

Lauren - I had not heard that about water. ~ Congrats on the maintain & enjoy those new bowling shoes!:cool:

Jul - hope you beat history & stay well this week!

Gotta run - Rabbit

lyssalou
03-19-2002, 09:04 PM
There is some guy that dh has heard on the radio, and a girl at dh's work has read a book about this guy, and supposedly if you drink much more than 1/2 your weight in ounces of water, it can be a problem. He suggests adding a small amount of sea salt to your water. However Dh and I eat such salty food, that I don't believe that is an issue. However drinking 64 oz. a day at a normal pace should not harm anyone. I will ask dh about the water guy who believes that a large amount of modern diseases are because of dehydration rather than other causes. I do know that he says we should drink 1/2 your weight in ounces of water (i.e. if you weigh 180, you should drink 90 oz. water)

Rabbit - I believe you can stay away from the Easter candy.

LBH - Congrats on maintaining. I know the feeling of not wanting to know what you weigh, because you know what you ate. But you did it, you didn't gain.

BPB - I have to admit, I do miss enjoying being a couch potato instead of feeling guilty for it because I should be FLYing. :o :shrug: I do hope your eye gets better. And I am glad your posts seem to be getting longer.

Jul - Kids love camping. You should try to take your boys so they will have your love for the outdoors. Then again they probably will anyway.

RR - I hope you all get better soon. It is bad enough when either you or the kiddo's are sick, but when you are both sick, it is really rough.

Nanci - Either you live in a very small town or it must have been your day for running into old friends. About FlyLady, she isn't for everyone, but if you have a hard time cleaning, she will kick your hind end in gear (if you do what she says, I'm not so sure how good I am at doing it myself)

Hope everyone has a great evening, will post more later.

Backfor 2002
03-19-2002, 10:20 PM
Hi everyone!

Vick, Oh your day sounds like it was crazy and on top of it your were sick! I am sorry.

Lauren, Great job on keeping up with that exercise. I bet that has a lot to do with the maintaining.

Jul, Strep is awful. Do you still have your tonsils? I do and everytime I get strep they threaten to take them out. I was the same as you, very seasonal with it. As soon as they threatened It seemed to slow down. I HATE going to the Dr and I do not want surgery.

BPB, You always give me the giggles. Thanks for brighting my day.

Rabbit, I can't believe that you are already done with Easter shopping. You are GOOD.

Lyssalou, I actually live in a big city and was in another big city when I saw these people. I think it is just a small world. I think I am going to take my chances and not join the fly lady thing.

Everyone have a great evening.

Nanci

Juldiet
03-20-2002, 12:29 AM
Nanci: yes I still have them (tonsils) and grew up with the Dr threatening to take them out everytime. I don't think its a surgery I'm willing to have either. I don't even bother going to the Dr, I keep some pretty strong meds on hand and self medicate. I really think I won't get it this year - but we'll see.

I'm floundering. The frugal-moms site has been down all day and I can't get my frugal-mom fix for the day. It did result in me actually cleaning my office :) .

Did not exercise this morning. :(
Did not have a diet coke all day! :) Progress! I always do better with exercise, motivation in general, diet, etc. when I get off the diet coke habit.

Lys: yes my boys love camping. Have taken them RV camping with my parents and we've slept out in the back yard in a tent. We just haven't taken them on a real camping trip yet. When we travel for shows we don't have room to take all the camping stuff so we have to hotel it. After working a show all day - all I want is a hotel with air conditioning anyway.

- jul

RoadRunner
03-20-2002, 08:42 AM
Hello all!!!!DOing much better with the sore throat!!Hopefully Mr. Strep is out the door!!!!I am glad I dont have my tonsils-just wish the strep would exit..I still say that those 3 months of antibiotics and strep infections is what caused the miscarriage..:( Of course the Doc said no..but fever and yuck couldnt have done any good...

Ok...fellow scrapbookers--I made it to Dec 2001 yesterday!!!!:jig:
All I have left is Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!!!!Then on to 2002!!!!!

Lauren--I think U asked yesterday the CRuise line???It is with Carnival..I have never used them but the cruise is only $438pp for 5 days which is cheaper than a week getaway with food etc to pay for!!!I didnt want to fly and Carnival is the only one out of N.O. In Dec, they are sending a brand new boat that will be their largest ship to N.O. We are thinking about taking the children!!!!Honestly..we have a double bed and an outside cabin!!!I was fibbing about the twin!!!! :D

Jul--I love camping, but I am with U on the hotel with air conditioning!!!!It was 81 yesterday..in March..wondering how hot the summer will be!!!!:( We camped as a child, but we had a motor home, soo I guess I have become spoiled!!!!

BFB-Hope that eye is better!!!Heard a rumor???RU the new president of the slovenly lady club?????:s: I am worried--will cleaning the fish tank, changing beds and washing the linens and cooking supper for the family cause weight gain???Rest assure, that I will not gain weight by cleaning the sink!!!!

lyssa--wow...that guy really believes in the water!!!!The kids are better..I just am taking another day to relax alone!!!

Nanci--Good to see U home again!!!

Rabbit-Brave woman...I buy the Easter candy on Easter Eve!!!!

Guess what!!!My Belgium friends sent more chocolate!!!:ink: :ink: My mom said never talk to strangers and we did in the train station!!!See what happens?????I am trying to think of something really cool to send back this time to them???BFB--is there any thing U can think of that is available here but not in that neck of the woods??????

Have a great day all!!!
hello to everyone I missed!!!

BTW--It is not often I get to observe DH in early morning action--I had to laugh when I saw his lunch he packed....2 diet cokes, 3 Ding Dongs, 2 bags of Cheetos, a Bagel and frozen dinner..Man, some guys are lucky!!!!WHen he gets home, he eats another bagel, and brownies as a snack...His metabolism is too high!!!!He is 6'0 and only weighs 175 during hockey season...Of course, he played last night and Refed a game soo maybe excercise is the key..hmmmmm what a concept:lol: :lol:
RR

LBH
03-20-2002, 10:28 AM
Hi All,

Well, I did not go bowling last night...ended up taking the cat to the vet!! He has been acting funny lately and he's had some blood and mucus in his poop. (Sorry if TMI!!) Anyway, I decided to bring him in because he's 8 and he hasn't been there since '96 when he was 2! The reason he hasn't been there, aside from the fact that he's an indoor cat and I didn't feel he needed vaccines, is that he's a :devil: , and I am not exaggerating!! He may be sweet at home, but at the vet, he's like a totally different creature!! (Those of you with cats, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about!) We made it almost all the way there w/o pooping in the carrier. He did it when we were about 3 minutes away!! He was nervous and drolling the whole way, I thought he was gonna throw up! So I got in and asked them for another cage to put him in, so I could wash his out. They gave me one twice the size. I had to hold his upside down to get him out!! The Dr. checked his heart, was strong, no murmurs, felt around, no lumps or anything. Then she lifted the tail to take his temp...and all hel* broke loose!! He bit me and drew blood...mom could've gotten a good blood sugar reading!! We both jumped back and he flew off the table!! She got a towel and the tech managed to grab him in that...after a few rounds of the exam room!! They put him back in the big cage and she suggested I go next door and get some coffee!! They were gonna let him sit for a little bit to relax. I told her good luck, I don't think he will! Long story short, I went, I came back, he was done! They managed to hold him down and get his temp, which was normal, draw blood, and get him back in the cage! So when I tried to get him out of the big cage and back in his, again, turned it upside down and shook...to no avail...he wasn't coming out!! So the Dr. said just take him home in that and bring it back when I get a chance! :lol: I have to call this afternoon to get the results of the B/W. :rolleyes: I'm sure he's fine...but that's the reason he never goes to the vet!! Oh, and she didnt' do the vaccines, because she wanted to wait and see what the results of the b/w are. I don't think I'm bringing him back for them unless she really gives me a hard time! She'll have to give me some strong sedatives if I do bring him back!

OK, I'm sure you didn't need to hear me ramble about the cat...hopefully you got a good visual and laugh out of it...sorry if the first part grossed you out!

RR- Glad you're feeling better. I don't know, I think I have to agree with the Dr. on this one, I don't think the antibiotics did it, especially since it's been around soo long, ya' know? Glad you got the full size bed...although a twin would've been interesting!! :p

Jul- Hope you can get your frugal-moms fix today!! I hate it when a site is down and I can't do anything!!

BPB- You're soo bad!!

Have a great day all...it's pouring rain here today, but we sooo need it!

lizzard_h
03-20-2002, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone! Yesterday flew by and it was over before I even knew what hit me. I was struggling at the southwest airlines website trying to get tickets for DH and I to go to Ohio this summer and visit his family -- big 2 for 1 sale :D. Finally did it and we are going first week in July. Also helping a friend plan a summer trip to the Keys and they've never been. I feel like a travel agent. :)

LBH, I know what u mean about queen beds vs. kings. DH and I have a terrible time sleeping anywhere but home. We both like our space (& our pillows, blankets, and fan). I'm an asti lover too -- the only kind I'll buy. If I get the dry stuff I usually mix it with orange juice for a mimosa. :devil:

Lys, sorry you're camping trip didn't turn out the way you had planned. But at least your van is back running now.

Jul, great job on exercising with the weather being yucky. It's hard for me to get motivated on days like that. I used to get flu/strep every year but I started getting the flu shot 3 years ago. Since then I haven't had it just usually a light cold in October. I think all the exercise I get helps a lot too.

Rabbit, Mmmmmm...easter shopping. I'd have to have DH hide it too -- he doesn't like candy. Not me though...what I wouldn't give for an entire package of reese's peanut butter eggs.:devil:

Nanci, welcome back. This board is a happening place!! Great motivation!! I missed one day and it's taking me hours to get caught up.

Vicki, wow, sorry to hear how rough you've had it. Your DH sounds like a wonderful man (a hungry man too!!). I'm glad he's taking care of you. Get lots of rest! I was shocked on my first Carnival cruise when I saw the two separate twin beds in the room. After a few minutes of rearranging DH and I had a nice big bed and nice sitting area. :)

BPB, count me in a as one of your slovenly sisters!! I don't want a shiny sink -- then I'd have to look at myself in the reflection while I'm cleaning my icecream bowl. :lol:

Holy schmokes!! I'm finally done going thru everyone's messages. Now I guess I'd better get some work done. Have a happy hump day!!

lyssalou
03-20-2002, 05:52 PM
Well, I have finally faced up to the coming Holiday. We celebrate Passover from a Christian point of view. (If you want more info on why, you can visit my site - Messianic Home (http://messianichome.homestead.com/Pasach.html) ) Anyway, we will be having a huge meal, and family and friends over. I was really dreading trying to come up with a menu, because it is usually not a dietetic meal. But I think I have come up with something that will taste good, with minimal splurges - we will see. Dessert - Chocolate Matzah Angelfood cake!!!

Also for those of you interested, I realized this morning, that I was trying to do to much of FlyLady's stuff, and was reall getting bogged down. I think I need to really tone down my morning and evening routines, stick to the basics so to speak. Then I will add a little more as I am successful with my routine.

Jul - Frugal mom's site, where is that? I've never heard of it before.

RR - I am glad you are feeling better!!! I hope you will get to feeling even better!!!

LBH - I understand about the cat!! We used to have two, and when we moved 1hr away, my cat sat on my lap (we thought that would make them feel better than being in a kennel) he dug his claws in my leg, and peed all over me. Not as dramatic as what you went through, but I definitely understand.

Liz - It is so nice of you to help others with their travel plans, and I can relate with you to getting through everyone's posts, but it is nice that everyone had so much to say!!!

BPB - I saw your posts, it must be the eye infection that kept you from being able to find our posts. I hope you can sleep better tonight.

Nanci - That's pretty cool about being in another city and running into others you know.

Well, I have to run!

Rabbit
03-20-2002, 06:22 PM
hi all. I have been feeling a little blue :cry: about my lack of progress. I have been as close as 7.5 pounds from my goal (once) and 10 pounds (more that once) and now I'm 20 pounds away and I'm not sure why I've done this to myself?? Makes me sad (and I don't get that way often). Have to work through this.

Lys - Since I gave dh that candy I really don't think about it. ~ Don't bog yourself down with the flylady stuff. I've just been doing the basics too.

Nanci - and one of my friends said to me a couple days ago that they couldn't believe I wasn't done yet - like I was behind!:lol:

Jul - :lol: on the clean office! (I could use some help with mine, by the way . . .)

RR - Yeah on having those pictures caught up! I'm impressed!:D ~ 81 degrees - wow! ~ As long as dh has the candy, I'm fine. The only thing I left out in bowls are some mini reese's pb cups in easter colored wrappers (I don't like pb). ~ Oh my on dh's lunch!

Liz - I saw the 2 for 1 sale also! Booked some tickets for dh's business. ~ Oh, I like mimosas also. ~ Dh & I just got a king bed and I :love: it!

OK, gotta go. Give me any inspiration you might have! Or better yet, say a little prayer for me!:)

Rabbit

Backfor 2002
03-20-2002, 09:45 PM
Hi All,

I have to be quick tonight. I am off for my girls night.

Good to see everyone is doing ok.

Nanci

Juldiet
03-20-2002, 11:12 PM
Nanci: have fun with your girls night.

Lys: http://www.frugal-moms.com it went to subscription this year $20. But well worth it to me. You might be able to read some of the forums still.
My DH is jewish by race but became a believer in Jr High. We attend non-denom church but also try to do some of the jewish 'things' thru out the year. Always have a sedar or passover service with our homechurch group. This year I'm helping with a childrens passover - we rented the community center and we'll all be in costume. I really enjoy mixing the christian and jewish celebrations.

I had a bad day - headache from lack of diet coke. Made it to about 3:00 and called DH to bring me a diet coke on his way home! :)

I made roasted chicken with mushrooms, potatoes, carrots for dinner. I ate all the mushrooms!! I love mushrooms!!!!

- jul

Juldiet
03-21-2002, 10:02 AM
I came by a little early for me (o.k. 8:00 a.m. is very early for me) to get a little 'push' before attempting to exercise.

Rabbit: I'm with you! I've got 20 lbs to go to reach my goal and I am struggling, struggling, struggling!

I think I'll start a swimsuit/summer season goal for us - I need to set a little goal and see it happen!

- jul

Rabbit
03-21-2002, 12:48 PM
HI ALL. :)

I'm feeling more like myself today. I'm going to face the scale tonight. And I've been working on my mindset.

Nanci - hope your girls' night out was fun!:D

Jul - those 'no caffiene' headaches can be bad! ~ your chicken dinner sounded delicious!:T ~ OK, well we can work on these 20 pounds together. I've been thinking of doing rewards for myself. Like, I've been wanting a George Forman grill, so I plan to get one at the 10 pound mark.:)

have a good day all.

Rabbit

LBH
03-21-2002, 01:11 PM
Hi All,

I keep forgetting to tell you...I'm going to Florida in July!! It's Nana's 90th birthday around the end of June (this is DH's Nana) and she lives in Boca Raton. Her 3 kids are planning a huge family reunion/party for Nana. FIL is gonna pay for us to fly down and our accomodations!! The party is scheduled for July 6th, so we're gonna see if we can all fly down on the 4th and come home on the 7th. I'm not really looking forward to Florida in July, but hey, it's a getaway, and it's paid for!!

DH surprised me last night...I brought the mail in when I got home and there was this big, but not too heavy box. I didn't know what it was, but it was addressed to DH. So when he got home, I asked him what it was...cringing at the money he must've spent...and he said, oh, that's part 2 of your anniversary present. He said he wanted to get something we could both do as a couple, so he bought us matching roller blades!! :eek: I told him that was cool, but there's no way I can stand on roller blades...roller skates, yes, roller blades, not likely!! At any rate, mine were back ordered, so I'm hoping that they don't come in, and he can get me roller skates...do they still make them?! :lol:

Rabbit- Good Luck at WI tonight...glad you're feeling more like yourself...who were you feeling like?? :lol: Isn't the king bed great...you can stretch out and still not annoy each other!!

Jul- I don't think I'm ready to go near the swimsuit thread yet...maybe in another month!! :o

Nanci- Hope you had a great girls night out! Do you do that often?

Well, as much as I hate to, I actually have to do some work today!! :rolleyes:

lyssalou
03-21-2002, 05:15 PM
Jul - It is nice to meet someone who understands the Christian /Jewish relationship. Most people I meet outside of "Messianic Jews" look at me like I am wierd. So that is why I put my link, so that if anyone thought I was wierd (which I do happen to be anyway) they could read and at least see I wasn't crazy too.:dizzy:

I am with you on the mushrooms. The cool thing is when I cook with mushrooms, Dh hates them, so I get his portion too!!! I will have to check out that frugal mom's site!!!

Rabbit - I have a friend of mine who talks about self sabbatog in any thing that she might actually be successful in. I know I do it. I go so far, and then I quit, fear of not being able to handle the responsibility of success. I do it in diet, and in cleaning my house, and in most other areas of my life. It is not a pretty site. I just hope I can make it into the last 20 lbs. of my target weight. When I was back there years ago, I didn't look too bad (not as good as when I was at my target weight my Jr. year of highschool, but not bad either.) You should be proud of where you are, and know that you will keep plugging away until you get to your target.

Here is something I have been thinking about and maybe it will help you feel better. When you are severly over weight, any reduction in calorie intake is a big deal, and can have great affect on your weight. But as you loose weight, it takes less to support your weight, and more to make you gain it. So, I would guess, that the weight comes of easier in the beginning, and takes longer as you near your target. So, you are doing ok, you just need to hang in there, and you will see the results in time, and you will be much healthier for not pushing yourself too hard.

Nanci - So what did you do for your girls night out? Did you have fun?

Jul & Rabbit - I am a caffine addict, and I have no intention of giving it up anytime in the near future (or the distant future for that matter) It is the only thing that helps me keep up with these four kiddo's. And I can't afford a headache from it either. So, Jul, enjoy your diet coke this aftenoon.

LBH - Too cool about the reunion, they are always so much fun. I am sure you will meet lots of people from dh's family that you haven't yet met. You'll have fun.

Hope everyone else is doing well, and that you will all post more soon.

Backfor 2002
03-21-2002, 10:02 PM
Hi all,

Well tonight is WI. I am hoping I will be ok since it is for 2 weeks ( I missed my last WI due to the triip). We will see.

Rabbit, I am glad you are feeling better!

Lauren, We do the girls night every two weeks. Of course most of us see each other many times in between. That is the night we get together with just the girls no DH's. We take turns going to each others houses. We got started doing this last summer. It is nice.

Lyssalou, Oh that self sabatoge does funny things to us doesn't it?

I will check in after WI. Think light thoughts for me.

Nanci

BaileySG
03-21-2002, 11:57 PM
HEY!!!

I am back. Ate like twice my points every day while gone - can't exactly make those up (0 points is not an option:lol:). I have exactly 2 weeks before I go to fla. Think I will try to stay under 20 points a day and then call it even. Did pretty good on exercise thouh, managed to work out 4 times while I was gone! Plus, spent a day wandering london. Great fun! The meetings went well too, but I really have very little interest in my job. Must make moves on this.

So, had made a little headway on the house with the flylady thing. Figured I would be about back to ground 0 after leaving bf home alone for almost a week. Guess what? EVERYTHING but what I left out before I left was put away. The sinks and counters were clean and all the laundry and dishes were clean and put away. Plus, he moved the desk from the kitchen to the laundry (this has been on the to-do list for a while). What a guy! Now I am going to get on a doable, sensible routine!

Terrified to weigh in, but will go on Saturday. About the size 6's - I only have 2 pairs and they are very tight! I think I am really an 8, occasionally a 10, but I am getting there!

LBH: Glad you hade a great anniversary weekend! Sorry it was not quite what you hoped but sounds nice - good job with flylady the exercise and maintaining! Eek - sorry to hear about the cat! Boca is beautiful - you will have such a good time. I thought I would never be able to do roller blades - they are not that bad. Good luck! There is a condition called polydipsia which has been studied in rats. They will drink and drink water until they die. This has been seen very rarely in humans. I would not worry too much about it - or check with your doctor. I think unless you pee clear every time you pee, you are ok. Nice, huh?

Lysa: Sorry to hear dd1 got herself behind and about the aborted camping trip. Glad the van is fixed. Sounds like a good plan to cut back on the flylady thing and get a few small well-established routines. That is my plan. I would love to see your spreadsheet. I hear you on the self-sabatoge - this is a huge problem for me. I sometimes think that I puprosly get behind on mundane, daily chores (and keep on weight) so that I can think "I would be so successful and happy if only..." rather than get these things accomplished and realize I am STILL not successful and happy. Must conquer this way of thinking!

Jul: Hope you and the boys had a good trip. The living room sounds great. I am working on an organization notebook like yours - it is fun! Good luck keeping up with all those orders! Great job on getting up to exercise. The camping groups you used to lead sound great. Good luck conquering the diet coke - this is so hard for me too.

Liz: I want to be an organizational freak too! My problem is I like everything perfect and tend towards the all or nothing attitude. Glad you had a great weekend. That is cool you are an inspiration to that guy at the gym - another way I would like to be like you. If you shut your eyes while cleaning the ice cream bowl, you will not have to see yourself in the shiny sink!!

BFB: I am going to give this flylady thing another few weeks - if not - I will be with you at the Slovenly lady meetings! You are too funny. By the way, I don't think it was sleep posting - I think it was the beer monkeys! Hope your eye is getting better.

RR: Wow- I hope things are better with you. What a week. How did you get dh to do the cleaning??? DH sounds so great - Congrats on the scrapbooking.

Rabbit: You get so much done! Maybe you and Martha could team up? Good luck with the night eating. It's a hard one! Sorry to hear you were feeling down about the weight loss thing. Just think how far you have come! You will get where you want to be. Baby steps! I have said a prayer for you.

Elisa: Yummy - dinner sounds good. Good job on only eating 1/3 of it. LOL about the scale. Good idea!

Nanci: Hope you had a great trip! Oh, I am jealous about the pigs - will have to get some. Hope you are doing well on making up for those liquid points. Hope WI went well.

Backfor 2002
03-22-2002, 12:47 AM
I'm back!

Well it went very well. I was down 1.8. I feel very good about that. I am really glad that I was really on before I left and really on when I got back. I did not want to have a gain. I am feeling very proud of myself. :-) DH had a .2 loss and is feeling sorry for himself. I have been giving him the pep talk. He has had such big losses each week. He is doing AWESOME.

Bailey, It sounds like you had fun in London. FL will be great. I could sure use some sunshine. It snowed here twice in the past week. This is Seattle for crying out loud. We are use to Rain in March but not snow.

Night all!

BigPhatBooty
03-22-2002, 01:32 AM
Hi all :wave:

Hopefully I have the right thread this time. It's 5.21 am here and I am watching Oprah interview this lovely little boy called Mattie. So wise beyond his years.

Anyway, my aim by Easter is to get back posting regularly and to keep up with everything. See what happens when you don't keep up - "people" visit London and you don't even know :eek:

Weight wise I had a good (but flukey) loss this week, but I haven't counted it. ToM has also appeared early and I am fighting sugar cravings. I am finding that these are getting worse each month. I do like sweets, but I do try and restrict them but during that "special" time I seem to get Mad Mouth Disease :ink: and even though I know I have my limit, I seem to go right past it :lol: Anyone got any suggestions - apart from getting pregnant :s:

I booked some more skating lessons, coz I need to get my act together and apparently even though I suggested originally ages ago, hubby now thinks it would be a good idea if we went jogging together - men :rolleyes: . He put it across that the running would help my voluptuous things (but he was slightly more diplomatic) and it would help keep his blood sugar level down.

The eye is much better now - went to the opticians, but they are not sure what is trigger it. So they advised me that the next time it happens, I am to go straight to Moorfields (which is a special eye hospital in London). Cheers - I love nothing more than spending a whole day sitting in a packed waiting room.

I reckon that instead of giving something up for lent, you all joined Flylady. Don't worry - you'll be able to give it up real soon.

No beer monkeys here just know - but I have found out that the red wine monkeys are really evil :devil:

LBH - if I can balance on rollerblades, so can you. My advice - I know knee pads/elbow pads and wrist guards ain't haute couture - but neither are scabs :lol:

C U Later

lyssalou
03-22-2002, 03:44 AM
My home management spread sheet is not 100% ready for "Prime time viewing", but I do have it on the web. So if any of you want to see it and you have Excel, it can be downloaded on a site I created just for it: Free Home Manager (http://freehomemanager.homestead.com)

In case some of you haven't guessed, I went crazy making web pages on Homestead.com. I quit for a while, but I have decided to revamp what I did, and start all over again. You should see the list of web site names I have still listed, that used to be web pages, but are no more.

Bailey - I admire you!!! You come home from a long trip, and you manage to find the energy to respond to almost everyone.

BPB - I am glad you posted so much, Liz is right, you are a lot of fun.

Anyway, it is 1:40 am and I can't sleep. I don't feel so good either. I think all of this is because DH put espresso in our coffee, and didn't tell me until after I drank a huge cup of it. That's what I get for bragging about being an addict.

Well, I guess I will post more tomorrow!!!

BaileySG
03-22-2002, 05:36 AM
Hi - up all night (reverse jet lag) so I did my pm routine, my am routine, yoga, preformed hair removal rituals (have been extremely lax on these). BF had to get up real early to get some work done before going to work at 6:30, so I made us both breakfast (first time ever and we have lived together for a year and a half). It is now 4:30 - going to try to tame my paperwork file for an hour then head to the gym before work.

Nanci: Congrats on the loss! We are supposed to get snow today too.

BFB: Would love to have you around all the time. If I had know I would have time in London, I would have made SURE you knew I was coming. Unfortunately, most of the trip (sunday to tuesday night) was at the John Deere training facility (we stayed in grantham? The Deere factory was just on the other side of Robin Hood land). Tuesday night we had a business dinner that lasted until 11:30 pm. Was supposed to have meetings all day Wendesday, but wound up being free from about noon on. Hit Notting Hill and the theater district. Then met my travel companions and we went to Les Mis. GREAT SHOW!! Left 1st thing Thursday morning. Had I known I would have time on wendesday, I would have tracked ya down. Next time, for sure if you are game. Where are you in London? Yeay on the loss! Good luck with those sugar cravings - rather than getting pregnant, try lots of protein. Works for me.

Lyssa: Sorry you were up so late - what is the web address? www.freehomemanager.com? I'd love to check it out.

lyssalou
03-22-2002, 10:47 AM
http://freehomemanager.homestead.com is the address of my spreadsheet download.

lizzard_h
03-22-2002, 10:49 AM
You night owl's are killing me!! :lol: I sure don't have that problem. I don't know if it's the exercise or lack of caffeine but I'm tired every night. I was sound asleep before 7:30 last night and didn't wake up until the alarm went off at 4:45. I have to have 8 hrs minimum or I turn into a real @#$%&!!! :D

Lys, WOW!!! I checked out your spreadsheet. And I thought I was an organization freak!! That is great. I love your field trip list. That's my big deal. Living in FL there is so much I want to see and do that I haven't yet. I'm going to make a list like that for DH and I.

Lauren, I loved your kitty story. I was cracking up thinking of what you went thru. That would be a 1 bottle of wine night for me!! Have a great time at your FL reunion. Bring lots of shorts cuz you're right -- it'll be hot. Have you tried rollerblading? I was terrible the first several times I tried but with practice I've gotten better (just like everything else). I love it now. It's my favorite exercise.

Rabbit, I'm glad your feeling better. Sometimes it's easier if you set small goals for yourself. I try not to look at the whole picture and just focus on one day at a time. I kind of relate it to college...if I had known everything I would have to do to get my degree I would have never went. But I took it one week at a time and I survived and now I'm edumacated.

Nanci, Yea!!! Congrats on the loss. That had to make you feel great since you were so worried. Sorry DH didn't have another big loss but at least he had a loss. :)

Bailey, I can't believe you were in London without paying a visit to BFB. :dizzy: Thanks for the big laugh I got when I read your food log. Sometimes you just gotta say what the heck. New day=New start. Good job on getting lots of exercise. How sweet BF is to get so much done while you were away. Men can be wonderful when they want to be!!

BFB, I saw Mattie on Oprah too. Isn't he amazing?!? He makes you reconsider how you think about things. Don't you love how men don't want to do anything unless it's "their" idea. Funny how men are like that? My DH does the same thing. I'm glad your eye is better. How's your sink??? :D

Have a great day and weekend to everyone. Hi to those I missed!!

BTW, how's the check-in for Easter goals going? Last time I looked in there not many of you guys were posting. I need my companions!! :)

Rabbit
03-22-2002, 01:50 PM
hello all!
Lots of posts! I had weigh in last night and gained 2.5 - but I deserved it. On to a new day.

I am leaving town for the weekend - and I'm going to the junk food queen's house - but I will behave myself.

Lauren - I don't know WHO I was feeling like! :lol: ~ Oh, yes, I love all the room in our king bed. I thought it would look too big in our bedroom, but it is fine.

Lys - thanks for the advice!! :) And yes, it was much easier at the beginning. I've just been stalling for too long, but I'm remembering my progress. Only positive thoughts! I can't wait to check out your hms when I have time!

Nanci - Yeah on the loss!!:D How much have you lost now? ~ Getting together with your friends like that every 2 weeks is cool.

Bailey - welcome back, for 2 weeks!!:cool: ~ What that your first trip to London? I'm sure it was interesting. ~ Thanks for the prayer, my do I need it!

BPB - Have fun jogging with dh!

Liz - I am not a night owl either. I'm heading to my room at 10 to read a little (very little) and then sleep so I can get up early to work out!:strong: ~ I like your one day at a time thing, that is what I need to do.

have a great weekend.

Rabbit
-------------------
Eat Healthy!

OP SINCE 3/20/02

LBH
03-22-2002, 02:33 PM
Hi All,

Wow, this is great, all these posts!! I have to make sure I get here and respond everyday, or I'll get behind!! :D

Rabbit- Bummer on the gain, but at least you know you deserved it. Be strong as Sis'!!

Liz- Glad you got a laugh out of my story! :rolleyes: Guess what? I get to do it all again tomorrow!! Have to take him back for his rabies shot. I was gonna wait until the town has their free clinic, but that got me thinking...do I wanna stand in line with a bunch of people and their dogs and cats, stressing him out, only to have to explain to another vet what a monster he is?! NO!! I'll pay the money... I have never tried roller blading...never could stand on iceskates, much less move on them!! I was a pretty good roller skater though...I just need those 4 wheels to balance on!! :lol:

BPB- Please, I've heard it's 9 months of PMS when you're pregnant!! :eek: Our poor DH's... I have heard ways to curve those cravings, but I can't for the life of me think of any of them right now!! DH's never listen...I suggested to mine eons ago, that he needs to do more aerobic exercise to lose weight, not just lift weights and drink slimfast. He just bought the Tae-Bo tapes and has been doing them all week! And they're kicking his butt he said!! He got through the instructional tape fine, and has been doing to basic tape. He said he's fine, but after awhile of the kicks, he's whipped. :lol: It's nice to see him struggling with something...:devil: Oh, and I will definitely be investing in some knee pads...at least!! Heck, I might even just strap a mattress to me!! :lol:

Nanci- Congrats on the loss!! Tell DH to suck it up!! :lol:

Bailey- Acknowledge and move on... Oh isn't wonderful when the man finally catches on?! DH keeps telling me things will be better when we finally get a home for everything. I try to explain to him that it's not gonna find a home unless we get good and organized!! He tells me if I wanna FLY, fine, but dont' involve him!! :lol:

OK, I think I've probably written a book by now!! Gotta go to the store for some supplies for a class next week!! Have a great rest of the day all!!

TechAlum
03-22-2002, 03:22 PM
Hello Everyone-

Sorry it's been so long since I posted, I've checked in a few times but I just couldn't think of anything to post :dz:. TOM finally visited after 3 mo. I was getting ready to visit the doctor no matter what those little pink sticks said. Hopefully now I'll settle into a regular routine, and hopefully I'll see a decent loss on Monday when we go in before we leave for FL. We're staying with the in-laws and not getting our own car, so I may be out walking around the neighborhood alot next week :lol: .

LBH - Your cat story cracked me up. I have to drug the beast to take him to the vet, it helps lots. Good luck today.

Rabbit - hang in there, you'll get there if you just don't give up. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

BFB - Welcome back! Red Wine monkeys are definately :devil: .

RR - hope you're feeling better. You sure are a busy Mom! I'm with you and BFB in the slovenlady club, I checked out flylady until she said to wear your shoes always, not gonna happen here no way no how.

Nanci - Congrats on the loss! I know its petty, but isn't it great when you loose more than the guy :D.

Baily - glad your trip went well, don't try and cut back to much or you're body'll go into conservation mode and you still won't lose. Good luck getting back on track. Sounds like you're in FL the week after us.

To everyone I missed, hope you have a great weekend. I'll try to be more regular from now on.

- Tech :spin:

LBH
03-22-2002, 04:34 PM
Tech- Great to see you!! :D :D :D I've been thinking of sending you a PM to find out what the heck is up, since you hadn't checked in, or updated your Easter Goals!! Glad AF finally found you! I may just PM you anyway! I tried drugging him...Dr. gave me some Ace, but it didn't affect him!! That was 1/4 pill and then another 1/4 pill an hour later or something. She said to give him one pill at the most all at once and that should do it...only problem is, we threw out the Ace!!

*edited to say: YAY...DH just sent me an email to tell me he canceled the back order on my inline skates and ordered me a pair of regular sneaker type skates!! :D He's soo sweet!!

RoadRunner
03-22-2002, 06:37 PM
WOW...miss a day and see what happens!!!!!!!:)

Tech-Great to see U back!!!Glad AF is now regulated!!That will definately help U feel better hormonally!!!I am with U on the shoes issue...YUCK!!!!

Lauren-Glad the cat is better!!!Last weekend, I bought some OTC flea stuff and not the biospot and put it on the cats..The next morning, my little 4lb kitty was very sick..I was panicked that I killed my cat with the cheaper med..SHe came around after I bathed her and now is more spoiled than ever...I am sticking with the biospot from now on!!!I bring them to the vet 2 at a time in the cage..I have just one that makes a fool of herself!!!

Bailey-I married a widower, soo I didnt have to train DH any..He learned it after he became a single parent!!!He does drive me nuts sometimes with the engineer/anal retentivenss!!!(Sorry-Tech!!!!!!)

Lyssa-My DH hates mushrooms too!!!I get his half also!!!!

Well must run!!!Have a great weekend all!!!
Vicki

Rabbit
03-23-2002, 09:02 AM
Hi all - checking in from my sister's. So far so good, yesterday anyway. I just gotta think about what I'm doing. Thanks for all of the support.:)

Rabbit

(thought it might help to post that!)

Backfor 2002
03-23-2002, 10:49 AM
Happy Saturday!

BPB, At my ww meeting Thursday ppl were talking about sugar cravings. A few ppl said that Magnesium seemed to take those cravings away. The leader then said that was why a multi vitamin was so important.

Vicky, a 4lb kitty! Oh she must be tiny. My cat is huge in comparison.

Rabbit, You are going to be fine at your sisters. DETERMINATION.

Lauren, Very cool on the FL trip. You will have a great time.

Tech, Great to see your post! We have been missing you.

Liz, I am with you on the sleep. I need a regular amount these days.

Lyssalou, I hope you finally got to sleep. At least you got up and did something. I usually lay there and stress out because I can't sleep.

Bailey, You have way too much energy for these all nighters.

Well I am off dress shopping again today. Everyone have a great day!

Nanci

LBH
03-23-2002, 01:46 PM
Hi All,

I have had one busy Saturday soo far, and it's only 12:30!! Was up at 8:00 this AM because DH had to go to work and I woke up around the same time, so I had to pee before he got in the shower. Then I went in the kitchen to make coffee and found ANOTHER ant infestation!! :eek: I prompty grabbed the ant spray and killed them, then of course had to mop up the whole kitchen, laundry room floor. I was not happy. Luckily, DH &I were at BJ's last night and bought the good combat ant traps. Am going to have these all over the place!! Yesterday AM, it was ants in the bathroom behind the toilet...where there's a trap. DH spray killed them before I got up, but he didn't mop them up, so I have to do that when I clean the bathroom today. :rolleyes:...men!!

Had to take Zeus to the vet for his rabies shot this AM...so of course it was like the world was coming to an end again!! :rolleyes: Could not for the life of me get him in his carrier, so I ended up taking him in the huge carrier that i have to return to the regular animal hosp!! Took him to the one that's just 5 minutes away...he didn't have time to get super stressed, drooling and pooping and all, but it was still bad once I got him in the exam room!! They managed to hold him down though and shoot him in the back right hip! Anyway, hopefully he won't need to go back for a long time!! I just have to say, I am completely outraged at the price they charged me...60 dollars for a freaking rabies shot!! :eek: I just think that's highway robbery!! :mad:

Nanci- Have fun dress shopping!

Rabbit- YAY!!! What a huge accomplishment!! I'm soo proud of you being OP at sister's!! :D

RR- Thankfully I don't have to worry about fleas, since he's all indoor, but wow, sorry to hear it affected the little one. My old cat, a little calico, was never more than 7 lbs., and was 4.25 when I put her down...very light! She was tall , but just light as a feather...not like Mr. Psycho, 10 lbs. of compact cat!! If he was a man, he'd be one of those short little muscle freaks you see at the gym!!

DH thinks I'm totally nuts over these skates...I dreamed that I was in the mall at a store that sells skates and his friend Lorenzo was the sales person!! :lol: I'm sure the reason Lorenzo came into it is because we just talked to him the other night for the first time in a couple months, and he's a sales exec. for some big camera company!! :lol:

Anyway, gotta run and clean my bathroom and finish the bedroom! IL's are taking us out to Hunan, a great Chinese restaurant, for dinner for our anniversary tonight, so I'm trying to eat light today. So far just farina and a little trail mix. May have a Kashi shake later, just to hold me over.