Old 06-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Dating in your late 20's

I'm no good at it, I don't like the bar scene. I have tried internet dating, although half assed, ( I think I'm to shy for it ) I really want to meet someone and be happy, have a family, etc, but don't know how to date!! Anyone have any tips and help of where to meet some knew ppl without being in the bar/club scene? This is really really frustrating!! I see all my friends getting married and makes me sad that I don't have not only a mate, but can't even get a date!

Thanks All!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Do you have hobbies? Can you join a group to explore and meet friends, to learn a new skill (a bowling club, a book club and so on).

What are you looking for in a partner? If you want one who is active, join a sports group. If you want one who is civic-minded and generous, volunteer.

You can look at sites like www. craigs list .com (remove the spaces) and even post your own ideas for a group. www. meet up . com is a great group for those exploring activities to meet.

Best of luck!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #3  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

See if in your area any of your local movie theatres have a singles night. Best place for me is church, you meet nice people with the same values as you. My advice is just to get out there and be active you might meet someone at a park or at the mall or something you never know. Any guy I ever met I met them online, but I wasn't looking it just happened.
SouthernGal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Ask your friends and co-workers to set you up, they should know what you'd go for. Casually mention to anybody in a social situation that you're open to dating. I'm getting married to the Mechanic of a friend I used to work with. She thought we might like each other. Remember, don't anticipate feeling guilty about not loving these set-ups. Anticipate meeting new, nice men.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm in a similar situtation, I don't know anyone that I would be interested in dating and when I've meet people in bars they are either creepy or it more of a fun one night thing. Kofarq that is a good idea I tried casual mentioning something like that to my sister without saying those words instead I talked about not wanting to date people I go to school with and other things about wanting to meet someone, so I'm hoping I planted a seed in her head because she is a match maker.

It so hard to meet people.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #6  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

My advice actually would be to stop looking. That doesn't mean stay in the house on the weekends and don't go anywhere. I mean create opportunities by going out, being confident, putting your best face forward but not with the goal being to meet someone but to have a good time and enjoy yourself, so if you don't meet someone you still had a good time. That's when you find love when you are least looking for it. Also, not saying you are, but guys can smell desperation a mile away and the some of them will take advantage of it and i'm sure that's not what you want to come across.

So, stop comparing yourself to your married friends and ride the single wave of life and something will come along when you least expect it!

Last edited by OptimistK; 06-16-2008 at 10:39 PM.
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:53 PM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
Do you have hobbies? Can you join a group to explore and meet friends, to learn a new skill (a bowling club, a book club and so on).

What are you looking for in a partner? If you want one who is active, join a sports group. If you want one who is civic-minded and generous, volunteer.

You can look at sites like www. craigs list .com (remove the spaces) and even post your own ideas for a group. www. meet up . com is a great group for those exploring activities to meet.

Best of luck!
Yes yes yes yes. In order to date and have fun, sometimes you have to be a little proactive

I met DF when I was working at my college job for an athletic facility (specifically an ice arena). He had just moved to town for his new job and got a part itme job at my work in order to, as he puts it, "get a gym membership, make new friends, and meet hot college girls", which is funny because if you knew him you would laugh at that last one! Anyway, It helped that we were always in active, easy-going settings together. And I know LOTS of people that have gotten dates doing activites like broomball, softball, volunteering, etc... I also know people that meet other peoplecompletely randomly just because they strike up a conversation, like in a check-out line, on the train, etc...

Last edited by junebug41; 06-16-2008 at 10:55 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:14 PM   #8  
Living the Laguna life...

TOTALLY agree with Jen I met my last boyfriend (ex, but boyfriend nonetheless) at my bootcamp class...I figured anyone that thinks I'm beautiful at 6 am in my workout clothes was worth keeping around
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 318/260/180

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
I see all my friends getting married and makes me sad that I don't have not only a mate, but can't even get a date!
thats a really tough situation to be in, i cannot imagine how i would deal with this.

i guess i am a lucky that a few of my friends are as helpless with the opposite sex as i am.
Smagash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #10  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

I don't know I just seem to have an awful lot of male friends who set me up with other friends of theirs. Regardless of whether I want to or not
jenosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

thanks for all the replies. I'm not sure if there are any activites in my area. I live in a really small town. ( 3000 pop ) I've always been kinda a hermit. My days consist of wake up, work, ( where I am the youngest by 10 yrs and work with only one guy who is married, so no options there )come home, work out, watch tv, surf the net, go to bed. with the occational birthday party and movies and dinners with friends. I've told ppl I'm looking and nobody seems to have anyone to set me up with. Or they don't want to set me up cause they think I'll just get "played", and don't want that for me.

It just gets really really frustrating, my younger sister is getting married in 2 weeks, my younger brother got married in 2005. and here I sit.

I don't want to appear desperate, but it's hard to fake that. I've always always always thought that I would be married with kids by now. It's heartbreaking that I'm not.

Last edited by Smiling_Sara; 06-18-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote