Weight Loss Support - Sunny Bunny Easter Streak & Challenge

Amarantha2
03-17-2002, 11:06 AM
Okay, I lied when I said on the last thread that I didn't feel like doing an Easter challenge! My weigh-in this a.m. convinced me otherwise. Yipes! :dizzy:

So here I am, a plump bunny who finally realizes she absolutely wants to get serious here and finally lose THE LAST 10 POUNDS, plus the 20 (yes) that seem to have multiplied back on like bunnies from where I lost them before. So I'm now going all the way and challenging myself to lose 30 pounds, but not, of course by Easter Sunday. So my current challenge to myself is to be down 10 by Easter, which is March 31. This is kind of ambitious for a slow loser, but I'm going for it nevertheless.

My method will be a Sunny Bunny Streak of good fitness behavior, but I'm not making hard and fast rules. I'm generally going for a weekly average of 1500-1700 healthy calories (give or take) and two exercise sessions a day as I strive to heal and become the fit, Slender & Smiling Sunny Bunny I once was. I need to be fit & light enough to deliver all those eggs on Easter Sunday and the chocolate chickies that the little kids can eat but I will never touch because I am so on top of things. I do not desire, though, to resemble a blue Easter egg in shape, but rather a slender spring flower, maybe a daffodil (though those are a winter flower where I live).

As always I do not post my weight (sets up negative thinking in my feeble brain) but will post the ups and downs.

So on Day One of my streak and challenge, I am:

Sunny Bunny Crone: Goal - Lose 10 by Easter, 10 to go

Anyone else?

jelynn
03-17-2002, 02:25 PM
I'll join you crone-- I too have gained-- for no good reason other than the goold 'ole sabotage and depression cycle. :mad:

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself, but it's got to stop and I know that continuted *good* behaviors are the only way for me. So a streak to Easter, though short might just be the jump-start I need to get this really going this spring and summer. Plus we are taking a little trip that week after Easter and I've already determined that *not* to be an excuse for doritos and chocolate in the car. I'm really going to try.

My streak rules are no fast food, actually I'm going to make that no eating out at all-- I can do that for 2 weeks. 45 minutes of cardio 5x per week, weights 2x per week.

So I'm going to for 10 as well
Crone- lose 10, 10 to go
Emily- lose 10, 10 to go

Let's do it!

Arabella
03-17-2002, 03:11 PM
Hmmm.... I don't think 10 in 2 weeks is going to happen for me, but I think that 5 might be doable. I did manage to squeeze off another 2 pounds just this very morning, to put me at 6 off of the 10 pledged for St. Paddy's. Still working on my Christmas 7 gained, but I've just got 2 of those to go. Then another 10 will get me down as low as I've been in recent years. I can do it.

I'm really finding the 21-Day behavior mod. challenge helpful. It's keeping me focused, and I've got 12 days in now. Yay!

Good luck, Bunnies!

Crone- lose 10, 10 to go
Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Babette - lose 5, 5 to go

xo
babette :wave:

sheila_220
03-17-2002, 05:26 PM
I'll be happy to join in on your easter challenge, but I'm gonna go for 5lbs. I'll never make 10lbs. in two weeks. Although I'm always in for a good challenge.

I almost made my st. patricks day goal of 10lbs. but fell 1 lb. short, with a loss of 9lbs. oh well onward and upward (or in this case downword).

sheila
--------------
220/190/135lbs.

Amarantha2
03-17-2002, 07:09 PM
Skinny Sunny Bunnies, arise! I am hopping with joy to see posts here, as I think I'll be working all night on this assignment and need to stay on the straight and narrow bunny trail if I'm to get this streak off on a bang. It's really fun to eat at the computer, why is that?

Jelynn: That ol' depression and sabotage cycle gets me, too, but this time I'm intending to beat that bad boy up and chase him out of town. :) I love Easter for its reminder that new beginnings can crop up like spring flowers, little lambs and bunnies and baby chicks, just when we least expect it. I'm ready to take control and I like your phrase: "I CAN DO THAT FOR TWO WEEKS!"

Babette: Congratulations on your two pound loss! You really took a substantial bite out of the 10 pound pledge and you should be proud! :cool: I agree 10 is a tall order for me for two weeks, but decided to go for the gold, no reference to the Winter Olympics intended! :) I've been reading the 21-day challenge and think you guys are doing great. Thought about joining, too, but have Easter Bunnies on the brain at the moment. This really is my favorite holiday. When I lived in the midwest, I used to crave spring so I could exercise outdoors (unthinkable to me when there is snow). Now I merely crave the symbols and rite of the season, but the feeling is the same: I can do and be a new person come spring ... and if the old plump bunny shows up, I'll give her a carrot instead of a cookies 'n creme bar! :s:

Sheila: I think nine pounds of a 10-pound pledge is a fabulous St. Paddy's success! :cool: You are nine pounds lighter and moving in the right direction!

I tried to update the St. Pat's pledge list once more, but couldn't figure it all out because I am mathematically challenged. So congrats to all and enjoy this Irish holiday!

The Sunny Bunnies and their goals are, at the moment:

Crone - lose 10, 10 to go
Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go:D

MomTo2Boys
03-17-2002, 07:45 PM
Ok count me in girls....I too have had about all I can take of failing......I havent gained any since getting off track somewhat...but that there tells me I could have LOST a good amount if I had followed plan 100%...oh well....onto the next challenge!!!
I start at the YMCA tomorrow and I think I can take off some extra weight if I keep myself in check....I pledge to lose 4lbs between now and Easter Sunday.....good luck to all my fellow bunnies.....we can do it.......
Angel.....awww dont be too hard on yourself girl....I sometiimes think we ladies take ourselves for granted when we have families to tend to daily......and we dont give ourselves the TLC we need and DESERVE.......huge hugs girl.......I am with ya all the way!!!

Take care to all.......LisaL

Crone....good to have you back and hopping!!!
Sheila...good for you on your pledge being 1lb shy.....you go!!!
Babette and Jelynn......good luck girls....I think we all need it!!!

angel-eyes
03-18-2002, 12:07 AM
Hey....there ol' lassies and leprechauns. Well the luck o' the Irish sure wasn't with me for the last challenge. But this red-haired and fair lass would love to be able to skip down the bunny lane and join all you bunnies in the next challenge. Lets see?....I will pledge on my bunny honour to lose 5 lbs. Which I might add, will slim down this stylin' bunny!! I hope everyone is geared up for this next challenge...its a short 2 weeks to those darn Cadbury Creme Eggs ......so lets get HOPPING!!

JoJoJo2
03-18-2002, 10:38 AM
Easter is just two weeks away, and this is a busy time of the year for us church-goers, but I will join you for this Easter Bunny challenge. I need to.

My challenge will be to continue to maintain. I will admit here among cyberfriends that I have a tendency to gain about 4 lbs., which then are difficult to take off. It is the same 4 lbs., isn't it? I think so. And this morning I was right on the 150 lbs. mark, where I have been for a year and a half, so here we go again. I will now make up a batch of the famous cabbage soup, and have it for one meal a day for a few days. That helps me with maintaining. I do not recommend it though, it is after all a 'fad diet.' But I happen to find it tasty. And helpful.

Everyone, let's do our best in our individual challenges. And can we all keep smiling? I hope so -

angel-eyes
03-18-2002, 11:53 AM
Sorry, I forgot to do the clip and paste thing on my last post...I didn't want this to get lost with more posts. Here they are:

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
Angeleyes- lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2- maintain

Amarantha2
03-18-2002, 12:03 PM
Did well yesterday with 1785 calories, exercise was one wimpy walk and rehabilitation exercises. Not much but a start. I am laying aside a dollar under my bunny statue for each successful streak day and will buy myself an Easter treat (hat, maybe) on the day.

JoJoJo2: Glad you hopped aboard the Easter special, destination: fitness. The cabbage soup sounds just right for a healthy rabbit meal!

Angel-Eyes: Another bunny reporting for duty, hooray! But you forgot to mention Cadbury caramel eggs now exist beside the creme eggs. Unfortunately, when I see those, I always ask myself, "Why wait 'till Easter?"

Momto2: The YMCA sounds fun. I used to belong to one and had a great time swimming. Happy to see you're a hoppy bunny, too!

Everybody: Paraphrasing Jelynn, "WE CAN DO THIS FOR TWO WEEKS!"

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Angel-Eyes - lose 5, 5 to go
Momto2Boys - lose 4, 4 to go

Please keep posting the above list and updating at your Sunny Bunny pleasure! :dizzy:

jelynn
03-18-2002, 06:16 PM
Hey all you Easter Bunnies!!
I'm actually having a great OP day-- planned meals, fruit as snacks, water and a step video. Feels good to be back on the wagon.
I realize 10 ilbs is a lot to aim for in 2 weeks, but I know alot of my recent weight gain is water and junk weight that a week of clean eating will get rid of [hopefully]! After that, we'll see what my body will get rid of!

crone- I love those caramilk eggs too...unfortunately that is where much of this past months weight has come from! Why oh why do they have to tempt us with Easter candy the day after Valentines Day?!

jojojo2- That cabbage soup sounds just fine-- as you say it's only for a meal and what can be better for you than veggies! I say it's only a fad diet if it's all you're eating!

Good luck to you all! :)

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain

joshie's mommy
03-19-2002, 07:36 AM
Hello all...

Count me in for the challenge! My pledge is to lose 7 by Easter Sunday... a lofty goal, but I really need to be challenged, since I'll be on spring break from the school where I work all next week, and unstructured times usually spell TROUBLE for me.

By the way...just to update you all...since I never got a chance to post over the weekend... I weighed in last Friday & was down 3 pounds...which put me right on target for my st. patty's day pledge... I just have been majorly overwhelmed & haven't had the chance to post it since then. My grandpa just passed away & have been going crazy making arrangements, etc. I really need this new challenge to take my mind off of all of that...plus there has been & I'm sure will continue to be for the next few days alot of eating on the run as we try to figure everything out...
so I need something to focus on...

So here's the stats :

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
joshie's mommy - lose 7, 7 to go

Talk to you all soon!
Staci

MomTo2Boys
03-19-2002, 09:13 AM
JoshiesMom.....sorry to hear about your grandpa.....but great to hear you made your st pattys day goal....good for you!!!

Hey ladies...how are ya all? I am battling a darn cold/flu.....Jesse was ever so kind to start it off in the house last week...then Kail caught the cold/runny nose part of it....and now I have been having hot flashes, tired, and very very congested.....so I will do my best to get thru this.....usually I dont eat much when I am sick so we shall see.....

TIme to go lay back down on the couch.....I took some cold/sinus meds and boy they make me very jitterey and sick to my stomach at times.....take care all...LisaL

Amarantha2
03-19-2002, 12:55 PM
Hoppy Pre-Easter, Slim 'n Slender Skinny Sunny Bunnies!

Everyone appears to be doing great, as am I, though like Momto2Boys, I need to lie down on the couch a bit. Finished yesterday with 1660 calories. Exercise a.m. was 40 minute easy walk; p.m. walked 15 minutes, a bit faster. Have done weights, very light and easy, and some Pilates this morning.

Hoppy to see you on the bunny trail, Joshie's Mommy! Very sorry about your grandpa's passing. You're to be commended on finding ways to cope with it all and still address your health. Congratulations on making your St. Pat's Day goal. That is great! :)

Jelynn: It IS silly how they put at all the holiday candy way ahead of time. I noticed the Easter stuff was out actually BEFORE Valentine's Day in my Walgreen's! BTW, with the caramel eggs, I find myself slicing off most of the chocolate and just eating the caramel, which is kind of bizarre. I keep the chocolate shavings in the freezer but I don't know what I'll ever do with them. Congrats on being right on top of your program!

"WE CAN DO THIS FOR TWO WEEKS!" Jelynn

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
joshie's mommy - lose 7, 7 to go

angel-eyes
03-19-2002, 04:05 PM
Hi Ladies. Well, I was out doing errands, and even though I planned a snack before heading out....I was caught in Walmart with a 4 yr old who wanted to eat. No ifs and or buts!!! So, I bit the bullet and ventured into the restaurant at Walmart, and just couldn't bring myself to slide into the greasy hamburger!!! HA, I LOOK STRAIGHT AT THE COUNTER CLERK AND SAID.....I'll have a garden salad please!!!! Believe me...it wasn't too thrilling, but it was enough to fill me and then when I got home, had a nice fresh ham sandwich. YUMM!! I want you also to know, I get extra points because my son's grilled cheese sandwich came with fries and neither him nor I ate them!!! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT? Another HA!! So I'm feeling very VIRTUOUS right now....and actually am glad not to hear my arteries clogg.

Joshies Mommy...I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandfathers death. The range of emotions that it takes to deal with something like this is very stressful. I am glad to hear you are sticking to your plan at a time like this. My condolances to your family.

Mom....Hope you to are taking the time to rest. At times we are supposed to be like "super mom" but remember to do what's best for you too!! {{{hugs}}}

gemini
03-19-2002, 05:16 PM
Hey gang, can I still jump on board for this challenge? I started losing about 3 1/2 weeks ago, and am down 11lbs toward my 35lb goal. I'd like to try to squeeze off another 5lbs by Easter, which is just 12 days from now.

You all are terrific inspiration, and it's so true... you can do anything for 2 weeks! :)

Amarantha2
03-19-2002, 09:06 PM
I'm still on the bunny path. Making lowfat pseudo-friend chicken from the Foodmover cookbook. It doesn't look promising, but we'll see.

Hello, Gemini, glad you are hopping on board!

Angel-Eyes: Good job at Wal-Mart! :) You really do get extra points for leaving the fries, too. Your arteries are thanking you! Every healthy lifestyle choice really does pay off in time. ;)

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Joshie's Mommy - lose 7, 7 to go
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

MomTo2Boys
03-20-2002, 09:22 AM
Gemini....welcome aboard the bunny trail.....where are you from? I am from Masschusetts and as you can tell have 2 boys. What plan are you on for your weight loss journey?

Crone.....how are you getting along now days? Hoping your well on your way to recovery!!!

Angel.....you go girl.....I have a major weakness for french fries.....I dont know as if I could have passed them up and went for "BUNNY FOOD" .... ha ha.....

How is everyone else doing? I am still feeling miserable.....I am all stuffed up and my throat is now getting sore so I have been gargling with salt water....and my eyes are so watery and itchy I cant take much more of looking at this screen.....take care ya'll and have a great day....LisaL

angel-eyes
03-20-2002, 11:47 AM
Hi Ladies and newcomer Gemini. Nice to meet you. Wow...11 lbs already lost....way to go. Please tell us about yourself. What plan are you following? where are you from? Family?...enquiring minds want to know!!.... lol

Mom.....poor you, wish I could come over with some of my famous homemade chicken soup. That would fix you up in no time!! I wuld also give you a break and take the boys off your hands so you could rest.....hey? what are friends for. Hope you take care, and worst case scenerio....maybe lose a little.

Crone....Hope you are going to hear about that job interview soon. Red?...blue?...both are great colours and I'm sure you did a great job answering those questions. There is alot to say about maturity adding to a position rather than "the younger generation". Fingers crossed for you!!

I have been picking myself up and trying to get up over last weeks hurdle of yet another bad weighin. Yuck...and now I have TOM again, after only 2 weeks. Hope everyone is doing well, not much going on here....but am trying to follow my pts and go for a nice half hour morning walk each day. I'm hoping the walks help for a bit of a loss, if not.....at least I'm enjoying them! take care

MomTo2Boys
03-20-2002, 12:08 PM
Hey girl....thanks for the nice of thought of someone taking the boys off my hands.....Brent was nice enough last night to make the boys dinner (not that it was too difficult opening a can of spaghetti-os and making a pb&j sandwich) but then he left and went to the Ymca and left me to tend to the boys ,,,, So, I had to get up and get some stuff done that sat around all day waiting on me , bath the boys and get them to bed.....and then I layed on the couch all night long......

Talk to you all soon....LisaL.....(retiring back to the couch and hoping that Kail falls asleep shortly so I can get a nap too)

gemini
03-20-2002, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome! :D Lisa, I live in Townsend, just north of Fitchburg. Where is Cheshire? Is it western Mass?

So, my plan is my own. I spent lots of time researching the popular diets... JC, WW, Atkins, Sugar Busters, etc. WW sounded like the best to me because it teaches you how to eat with real food, but I didn't want to spend the money. So, I'm doing it on my own by counting calories and cutting fat. I don't obsess about the calories, but keep a loose idea in my head of how much I am taking in. I try to keep under 1500/day, and am usually in the 1200 range.

The other thing I've added to my life is exercise. Those of you with kids know the challenge of taking some time for yourself! :dizzy: I tried walking at first, but between the crappy New England spring weather (5 inches yesterday!) and the kids schedules, I was having a hard time being consistent with my exercise. So, I bought a recumbent exercise bike after hearing many 3FC members rave about them. I love it, and the best part is that it tells you how many calories you've burned while riding. So I shoot for a 300-500 calorie burn each day, depending on how I feel and how much time I have.

As for my life, well, I am both a working and stay-at-home-mom. I work part-time evenings and weekends in an emergency room as a student nurse. I am home with the kids, ages 6, 4, and 17months during the day. Daddy gets them when I'm at work. :D

So, that's me in a nutshell. My big exciting news today is that first, dh told me last night that he was checking out my butt while I was cooking dinner and that it's looking firmer! :o So, I was excited that he's noticing a change. :D The other, best news, is that today I am wearing an old pair of size 12 jeans that I haven't had on in years! :D I've been watching the scale creep backwards over the past few weeks, but am happy to finally see some noticeable results... Yippee! :D

OK, so probably more than you all ever wanted to know! :lol: Sorry so long-winded. Hope everyone else is well. Talk soon... :wave:

Amarantha2
03-20-2002, 03:47 PM
Hello All Bunnies! I'm doing well on my fourth streak day and my clothes do feel looser. I'm anxious to see which direction the scale will go on Sunday. Ended yesterday with 1760 calories; exercise was weights (very light) in a.m., walk p.m.

Gemini: Sounds like you have a solid plan that has already shown good results. Congratulations. And I envy you your recumbent bike. I tried one of those and it was very comfortable. I hate regular bikes. It's neat about the jeans! Jeans seem to be very symbolic and confidence producing. I have them in 10 sizes, believe it or not. Good luck on your journey. Hope your weather improves. It's 84 degrees here. Feels chilly, actually! :)

Momto2: Sorry you are still under the weather. Hopefully, things will get better soon. I am feeling better, too, thanks for asking! Things are still healing a bit, but other than that ...

Angel-Eyes: You are doing a great job of not letting what the scale says throw you off. It's only one indicator, remember, and not the best one at that. It's just a game of roulette that we play. I haven't heard about the job yet or even the story I did on assignment for them. I know the story will be fine, but have my doubts about the job. Maturity is just not a commodity often sought in my business (even though the publisher for whom I would work is older than me). It ought not to be an issue (it's against the law for it to be an issue), but it is. Funny, because I'm more competent now than I was when younger, but then I'm more expensive, too.

"WE CAN DO THIS FOR (LESS THAN) TWO WEEKS!"-Jelynn

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

jelynn
03-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Welcome Jen! Congrats on the size 12 jeans...I know how that is. I have some of my old favorite Gap jeans that fit like a glove that *will* fit again :) I also SAH with by 2 boys, almost 4 and 17 months. Fun ages:dizzy:

LisaL- hope you are feeling better soon! Mom's just don't have time to be sick-it's not fair. Hope you got that nap!

Angel- WTG for getting skinny bunny food and resisiting those fries!! I am convinced it is choices just like that that strengthen our resolve and make the struggle a little less. Don't worry about the weigh-in (I know easier said than done) Just remember that it *will* happen as long as you are making those good choices (And L@@K! You are!!)

Staci- sorry about your grandfather's death. My only suggestion is to use journaling and exercise as an outlet as opposed to food. I know it will be hard-- vent here if you need to.

Crone- how was your chicken? Hope you are healed and happy :)

Well, I am on day 3 today...TOM is around the corner and I'm feeling crampy today. I haven't exercised yet, but will...I'm feeling great, why can't we always be motivated-- that is the biggest mystery to me!

Later,

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

sheila_220
03-20-2002, 06:34 PM
I'm not feeling so sunny myself. I am so sick, and all 3 girls have been home sick for the last few days. There are so many kids sick that they have closed school for the next couple days, then we have spring break. Hopefully the break will have everyone up and running. me, on the other hand, have to be to work in a half hour.

I forced my way through my workout, I am shaking so bad. but atleast I feel a little better after doing it. Tommorrows my day off so am planning on getting some much needed rest.

hope everyone else is doing good.

sheila

MomTo2Boys
03-21-2002, 08:49 AM
Gemini.....Cheshire is in western ma yes...I noticed on a map your close to Boston. Its about 3hrs from here. Your life sounds just as hectic as some of us other moms here.....I have a 6yr old and a 16mo old and I rarely find time to do much of anything for myself.....but you sound like your well on your way to a new healthier thin you....good for you....and good for you husband to notice your booty looking better....ha ha...too cute!!

I am feeling even worse today....Sheila...I know how your feeling....Darling Jesse brought it home last week and was out of school for a couple of days.....then Kail got it.....and they are both still holding on to the colds.....now mom has caught it......and I feel like POO POO

Well, I must go get Jesse ready for school and yet again retire to the couch.......take care all.....LisaL

oh yeah...I weighed this moring since it is close to the end of the week when I normally weigh...and I am down a whopping .5 lbs...but its better than nothing I suppose

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

gemini
03-21-2002, 02:06 PM
MomTo2... Actually, I am not close to Boston... about 90 minutes north/west. I am closer to Worcester... only about 25 minutes north. We are right on the NH border, near Nashua.

Sorry you're feeling lousy Sheila. :(

Well, I weighed in last night... no loss, but no gain. All in all, ok considering I splurged on St. Patty's Day. Also, TOM due to arrive within the week. Still shooting for my 5lbs by Easter, though.

Hope everyone is well. Talk soon... :wave:

MomTo2Boys
03-21-2002, 02:59 PM
Gemini......Nashua....Love it there.....I love Portsmouth too.....cant believe how downhill it has gone since I first started giong there....my sister and her husband lived on Peese AFB and I used to go there during the summers....now so much has closed up along with the AFB.....we used to camp in Salisbury a lot before the days of having kids.....Worcester....not sure how far that is from us.....I know we are about an hour north of Springfield if that helps you out....LOL....just moved here last summer so I am not sure of all the bigger city areas yet......!!!

Well, I think I have almost overdosed on orange juice if that is possible......ha ha....I have drank a gallon of OJ since last night at 6pm.....but anyhow....I am slowly feeling better off and on......and hopefully this darn cold will not come full force.....I gotta close for now.....I am contemplating going to the market for some more juice and I promised hubby I would make him lasagna on his birthday(which was yesterday when I felt the worst)....and I figure since I feel ok I might as well get it out of the way with......( cant figure out why my lasagna is such an award winner with family, and my corn chowder and roast beef.....but they all like it......and if my MIL says its better than hers....I have succeeded.....ha ha ha)

Take care ya'll...LisaL

gemini
03-21-2002, 03:12 PM
Ahhhhhh, Lisa... I just checked out Cheshire on mapquest. You are almost a straight line (3 hours) west of me... route 2 all the way! My dh went to college in North Adams, not far from you. Hope you are feeling better. Have you ever tried zinc tablets? I love zinc for warding off sickness.

Amarantha2
03-21-2002, 08:05 PM
Hello Bunny Patrol! No time to hip-hop around, just to say I'm noticing how great everyone is doing though sidelined by viruses ... I think everyone here has it, too, and it is somewhat warm today (91) and no cold to kill off the bugs! :(

I'm ok on my streak, ended yesterday with 1795 calories; a.m. slow walk of 20 minutes; 60 minutes of very easy and careful aerobics with my left knee left out of the action. Did weights this a.m. ... still light with my right wrist left out of the action. The rest of me is doing great.

Momto2: A half a pound is a certifiable loss ... that's good. Hope you don't mind but I'm updating that on the list ... yours is the first loss reported by the wandering bunnies:

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Momto2Boys - lose 4, 3.5 to go
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

Jelynn: The RS Foodmover pseudo fried chicken was really good. I froze some for later. Old Dog really liked it, too! :lol:

Everyone: On my way to a meeting. Got to go. Have a great night, Slim Super Slender Sunny Bunny challengers! Hope everyone feels better soon.

joshie's mommy
03-22-2002, 10:54 AM
Hello all,

Thank you all for your condolences & support...truly needed & much appreciated.

Don't have much time...I just popped in to post that I weighed in this morning & was down 3 pounds...Hooray...so that leaves 4 to go by Easter...I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can...I'm going to give it my best shot anyway. I have only been getting in one excercise session a day...if that...due to time & everything that's been going on...but I'm looking forward to getting back to walking in the evenings...hoping to be able to start again Sunday if time allows...& I'm sure that will help. With everything that's been happening...my grandpa's death, trying to plan the funeral, (as if that wasn't ENOUGH stress)...I am also in the middle of trying to refinance my house...supposed to be signing the papers today...PLUS on top of that my son has been sick all week as well...and my DH means well but basically is just driving me INSANE...Well let's just say I have had the week from ****, ok? :devil:

Anyway I need to run, thanks to all for letting me vent.

Staci

270/236/140??

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Joshie's Mommy - lose 7, 4 to go;)
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

Amarantha2
03-22-2002, 06:20 PM
Not sure about the number but I'll look it up later. Anyway, I'm hoping to stop eating at my present 1770 calories; exercise was an hour's cautious fitness walk, rather fast; p.m. exercise will be just a short walk.

Everybunny is rabbiting right along with Joshie's Mommy & Momto2Boys having reported losses. WOO-HOO!!! (I love to say that.) :) :) :)

Need to hop on out of here. Old Dog is demanding a walk!

Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Joshie's Mommy - lose 7, 4 to go
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

MomTo2Boys
03-22-2002, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the WOO HOO crone.....as little as that half pound was that I reported I do feel alright with it.....I was actually impressed that I had lost anything considering I have been slacking off pretty bad.....

I am slowly feeling better.....I cough a little and my throat is driving me nuts now being itchy....but I dont have that congested headache like I did and I am not feeling quite so miserable.....hoping anyone else who caught this horrible cold/flu that was out there is feeling better as well......take care all....LisaL

MomTo2Boys
03-23-2002, 02:26 PM
Hey girls....how are ya'll doing? I just wanted to say a quick hello and bump us up some....we were headed to the bottom of the page.....cant have that!!!

Jesse is gone to friends house for some play time and Kail just fell asleep for nap time which means I head for the shower.....ha ha.....take care all....LisaL

angel-eyes
03-23-2002, 04:24 PM
Hi everyone!!! Yes...you heard right...I finally did it!!! After 9 weeks of weight watchers...(and pondering my existance) I have finally lost 10 lbs....count'em....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and that last hard one for10!!!!

Gosh you know, my expectations were a little higher than that, but at todays meeting there was a client who has lost 97 lbs. When we were discussing her success; she started to relate that it has taken her over 2 years to do this incredible journey. And that rather than get frustrated (as we all do) as she was graphing her losses, she started to notice that she never really had any large amounts. It was always 1 lb, or a bit of a gain or 2 lbs max lost.

And actually, more important was the fact that usually she only lost 2 out of the 4 weeks in a month, sometimes 3 but NEVER EVERY WEEK. So rather than get discouraged...she felt at peace that her body knew what was best, and that slow and steady she would shed the pounds. Isn't that interesting? So here I am, listening to her and could identify EXACTLY TO WHAT SHE WAS SAYING!! I was discussing this very fact just before the meeting started with another client, who in the same time period has lost 16lbs.(her dh has lost 24 lbs) so you see..... WE ARE ALL UNIQUE AND AS INDIVIDUAL AS THE PROGRAM CAN BE!!! I am so glad to have heard her, and I know I will be frustrated from time to time....know that I can do this....and just have to get used to my body knowing what is right. (HA!!...A LIGHTBULB MOMENT, as Oprah would say)

Amarantha2
03-23-2002, 10:23 PM
"Hi everyone!!! Yes...you heard right...I finally did it!!! After 9 weeks of weight watchers...(and pondering my existance) I have finally lost 10 lbs....count'em....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and that last hard one for 10!!!!" Angel-Eyes

Hoppy Saturday Bunnies! I just felt like repeating the above from Angel-Eyes.WTG ANGEL-EYES!!!! :)

Here's what I'm coming up with as of now for the bunny challenge. Please update at your pleasure! :)
Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Angel-Eyes - lose 5, 4 to go
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

Maybe I'll have good news tomorrow, too! I so agree with you Angel-Eyes, slow and steady is the way I lost the weight in the first place, but everyone is an individual and our bodies adapt differently. The important thing is to never give up and to lose the weight in a healthy manner with a plan such as WW or other.

joshie's mommy
03-24-2002, 10:01 AM
Good morning all!

WTG, Angel! And a great big WHOO-HOO to you!!! :)

Ladies...I need your help! After my grandfather's funeral yesterday we had a small family reception at a local restauraunt & my thoughtful & loving family decided it would be a great idea to send all the leftovers home with me. So right now there is a big plate of sandwiches and a pizza up in my refrigerator just calling out my name...I already went overboard yesterday & don't want to do the same again today...so I came here to check in so that you guys can help me stay accountable!

My goal for the day:
I will eat only those foods that are good for my body, in only the amounts that are good for my body.

I'll check in later & let you know how I'm doing!

Staci

joshie's mommy
03-24-2002, 10:19 AM
Hello all...I'm back!

I was just browsing through another board I read sometimes and found something I wanted to share with you all, I hadn't seen it before and thought it was cute. Fat Theology
-------------
And God populated the earth with broccoli and cauliflower and
spinach, green and yellow vegetable of all kinds, so Man and
Woman would live long and healthy lives.

And Satan created McDonald's. And McDonald's brought forth the
99-cent double-cheeseburger. And Satan said to Man, "You want
fries with that?"

And Man said, "Super size them." And Man gained pounds.

And God created the healthful yogurt, that woman might keep her
figure that man found so fair.

And Satan brought forth chocolate. And woman gained pounds.

And God said, "Try my crispy fresh salad."

And Satan brought forth ice cream. And woman gained pounds.

And God said, "I have sent your heart healthy vegetables and
olive oil with which to cook them."

And Satan brought forth chicken-fried steak so big it needed
its own platter.

And Man gained pounds and his bad cholesterol went through the
roof.

And God brought forth running shoes and Man resolved to lose
those extra pounds.

And Satan brought forth cable TV with remote control so Man
would not have to toil to change channels between ESPN and
ESPN2.

And Man gained pounds.

And God said, "You're running up the score, Devil."

And God brought forth the potato, a vegetable naturally low in
fat and brimming with nutrition.

And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy
center into chips and deep-fat fried them. And he created sour
cream dip also.

And Man clutched his remote control and ate the potato chips
swaddled in cholesterol.

And Satan saw and said, "It is good."

And Man went into cardiac arrest.

And God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.

And Satan created HMOs.

Author Unknown

Anyway that's all, just wanted to pass it along.

Staci

Amarantha2
03-24-2002, 11:48 AM
Joshie's Mommy: The theology made my day. I'm posting that on the fridge and also forwarding to a bunch of people. Thanks.

For what it's worth, my advice on the leftovers is to chuck them. It is NOT a sin to waste food if it negatively impacts your health. That food will likewise NOT help anyone in the world who lacks food. You are not able to send it to them but you could make a donation to some organization that does fight hunger. Some of it COULD maybe be donated to a local foodbank or even shared with a neighbor's family. Just do not eat it. If your family members object to the food going out the door so soon after it came in, tell them they can keep it or eat it, but they are responsible for keeping it out of your sight.

Just get rid of the extra food and stay on program! :)

I'll be back after my weigh-in!

I'm back! Down 5 pounds. That's a lot for me, but I know most is water, etc. But I'll take it. Woo-Hoo for me! :)

Off to do laundry and toast the Skinny Bunny Crone with slimfast!

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 10 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

jelynn
03-24-2002, 01:26 PM
I agree with crone, Staci-- just throw it away. Last year on my birthday I had friends bring be dounuts and haagan daas ice-cream. I took a bite of the ice-cream, but threw the rest out. I thought I'd be guilt-stricken, but it really was empowering instead. You don't need it or want it... I like the suggestion of a donation to a charity or food bank.

Great job on the weigh-in Crone!! I actually forgot this morning, but yesterday it was 3 so I will go with that. I highly doubt I will reach 10 or even come close. We leave Wednesday night for a week and a half so my routine and eating will be rattled a bit. I will try though :)

Have a great day

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

sheila_220
03-24-2002, 05:43 PM
Hi all

just wanted to pop in and post a loss of 2.5lbs. That's good for me I'm almost down to my lowest i've been in 13 years, just a few more pounds. But plan on surpassing that mark.

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 2.5 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

staci- just do it, get rid of that food. You know the saying out of sight out of mind. well out of house is a much better saying.

sheila

Amarantha2
03-25-2002, 05:11 PM
Hello, Raring' to Go Rabbits and Skinny Sunny Bunnies!!!

I'm still streaking towards Bunny Day and doing well and note everybunny here is doing the same. :)

WOO-HOO & CONGRATULATIONS TO SHEILA FOR PARTING COMPANY WITH 2.5 POUNDS FOREVER ... AND NEARING HER LOWEST WEIGHT IN 13 YEARS (WITH NO END IN SIGHT).

One more time:

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

Got to hop away now, bunnies! Have a great rest of the day.

angel-eyes
03-26-2002, 10:35 AM
Hi Ladies....GOOD MORNING!!! Here I am reading all the posts, when I noticed my weight loss wasn't correct!!! It suddenly jumped right out at me. So, I thought hey?...I better correct this as our big EASTER DATE....is swiftly approaching!!One more time:

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Angel-Eyes - lose 5, 3 to go
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

All you bunnies, better get hopping.....I hope to meet Peter Cottontail down the bunny trail!!! Have a great day!!

Amarantha2
03-26-2002, 12:20 PM
Thanks for posting the correction, Angel-Eyes!!! You are very close to your Easter goal. WTG!!! :)

I finished yesterday with 1675 calories; exercise was a 20-minute walk a.m., 60 minutes of Leslie Sansone p.m., still very cautiously exercising.

I'm thinking of doing an Earth Day weight challenge after Easter. Not planning, just thinking about it! :) Feeling awfully blah today but no desire to overeat, which is good.

One more time:

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

MomTo2Boys
03-26-2002, 12:28 PM
Good morning all.....glad to hear your doing well Angel.....and close to your goal for the challenge....I will cut it close again.....but anything is better than nothing right.....???LOL

Well, I took Kail to the ear nose throat doctor that my sister works for which is about 80 minutes away.....and he will be doing the surgery of removing Kails adnoids.....he also said with the problems we have had with his ear infections not reacting well to meds....that he wants to put tubes in his ears as well.....so I was pleased to hear that someone was willing to do something to try and better him.....he goes in April 5 and we will be there overnight so they can make sure he doesnt have any extra bleeding.....he also wants Kail to have his hearing tested by an audiologist the day before surgery to make sure the infections had harmed his hearing.....because he is not saying too many words right now.....he tends to grunt more than anything.....but I am hopeful.....

I have another .5 lb loss to report....so I have 3 more lbs to my mini goal.....

Crone...count me in for the next challenge...should you post it.....I have my 10yr class reunion coming up in June and I HAVE TO LOOK GOOD to show them that I have not given up on myself....ha ha....and to see who I look better than......LOL

Ok...well Kail needs his meds.....another darn ear infection....I will be so thrilled if the removal of adnoids and tubes in will give us a break......I wish you all the best and hope your having a great day.......take care....LisaL

MomTo2Boys
03-26-2002, 12:29 PM
Here is another update.....

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Momto2Boys - lose 4, 3 to go
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

MomTo2Boys
03-26-2002, 12:34 PM
Does this sound do-able to you all???

I figured I had almost exactly 3 months until my class reunion...where I would like to be at my goal.....which would leave me with 26lbs to lose in the 3 months......I figure it out to be about 8.6lbs per month.....I think I can manage this but not sure as its coming off SO SLOW right now......what do you all think????

angel-eyes
03-26-2002, 03:37 PM
Hi Mom. Both my boys had lots of ear infections. L grew out of them but E...never did. Not sure if you'll remember but, E had the surgery last fall just before we moved. When I checked with our Dr.... E had between 6-8 ear infections each year. And when we had our specialist appt. before the surgery, he had between a 10-15% hearing loss. Now, with good followup, he shouldn't have very much trouble with his pronounciation but??....hard to tell. Luckily one of our new neighbours is a speech pathologist and she says to watch for the t and c consonants. I would reccommend getting a couple of books for Kail. Two I would reccommend are: Franklin goes to the hospital, and Bearenstain Bears go to the hospital. Both deal with a childs stay in a hospital and some of what to expect. For instance, E didn't want to put on the special pj's. Hopefully all will go well, they are very resilient, its "US" who are not.

sheila_220
03-26-2002, 05:11 PM
Is everyone ready for easter (my kids are excited about the bunnies big visit). I, however, am glad I don't have much of a sweet toothe. especially since my B-day is 2 days after and I am planning on going out to dinner that day. I get one splurge day and sure don't want it to consist of a basket of chocolate.

I also wanted to report I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 185lbs. :o Can't beleive I could drop 2.5lbs. that fast, but I'm in the middle of TOM and who knows, anything could happen at this time. anyways if I maintain then I actually made my goal.

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
Sheila - lose 5, o to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

But I never underestimate that scale to wreak havoc on my goals. I'll find out sunday when I do the official weigh in.

hope everyone has a good day! I have to get ready for work.

sheila

ps. momto2boys-hope kale is feeling better, I know that feeling when the little ones are sick.

Amarantha2
03-26-2002, 05:14 PM
Sheila: I think we posted at the same time! When I came back to the board I saw YOU HAD REACHED YOUR GOAL FOR THE EASTER CHALLENGE!

THAT'S WONDERFUL! THERE ARE FOUR DAYS TO GO AND YOU ARE ALREADY A SKINNY SUNNY BUNNY! CONGRATULATIONS!

Momto2: I would go for it if I were you! :)

But since you ask, I need to tell you my complete opinion because, well, I'm a crone and allowed: Please remember it's a game and the real prize is improved health without the extra weight. If you keep that in mind and continue to lose in a sensible manner, it's fun to set goals and 26 is reasonable to go down in three months. Hey, if you don't hit the mark exactly, at least you'll have continued to build healthy habits and you're bound to feel good about yourself and be closer to the weight you want to be. Your inner peace and good feeling about how you seek to achieve will make you shine at that reunion.

If you were the type to go all nutso about the scale and starve herself to fit into a dress for a special event or something, I'd say it'd be a bad idea, but since you seem to have a realistic attitude, I'd say it's a win-win situation.

I'm pretty sure I'll be going for an Earth Day challenge. The earth is good and we can honor her (I'm sure it's a her) by honoring our bodies! Something like that. :cool:

Amarantha2
03-27-2002, 12:26 PM
I hate having two "crone" messages in a row (makes me look like an egoist, which I am, somewhat) but wanted to bump the Skinny Sunny Bunnies to the top o' the board, so here I am on Day 10 of my Sunny Bunny Streak & Challenge.

Finished yesterday with 1730 calories; 30 minutes of weights in a.m., 30 minute walk in p.m. My jeans feel loose; that's a good omen of a happy spring and summer season for bunnies.

Everyone: Onward, downward and never give up that Easter bonnet. I'm not sure what that means, but have a good day. I'm hiking, very moderately.

Crone - lose 10, 5 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 0 to go
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

MomTo2Boys
03-27-2002, 12:56 PM
crone ... dont feel bad about more than one post in a row....LOL...look at me yesterday...I kept forgetting to tell you all things and had 3 posts in a row.....not that I was trying to hog the board.....LOL

Glad to hear your going to set up the mini challenge for earth day.....count me in......!!!

Sheila...way to go on reaching your easter challenge.....thats great!!!

Angel....thanks for your words of encouragment and the idea of the books....I will see if I can find either of them at the book store this week.....and your right...Kail will be ok...it's me thats going to be a wreck knowing that he is under anesthetics.....but it will hopefully help him to stay a bit healthier!!!

To the others.....wishing you all the best of luck in reaching your mini goals.....take care...LisaL

MomTo2Boys
03-28-2002, 09:52 AM
Hey girls....how are ya'll doing? I wont be online all weekend as I am leaving for Vermont tonight. We are going to my moms for easter weekend.....we do an egg hunt for the kids up to her house each year.
I wont be able to post a loss until Monday so just to make it easier I will stick with my loss that was posted at weigh in this monday.....I didnt make goal but I did OK....
Wishing you and your families a very happy and safe EASTER......take care all....LisaL

Amarantha2
03-28-2002, 05:20 PM
Hi, Bunnies! Not sure which streak day I'm on, but I'm having ice cream anyway in about one hour. I can feel it coming on. Resistance is futile. I will use my trick of only eating the outside and calorie wise I'll be great!

MomTo2: Have a great weekend! You did do well, but post an update Monday if you feel like it ... or not! I'm sure I won't make my goal either, but I'm a bunny who makes her own rules, so whatever we do, we'll all be winners!

I know your little boy will be just fine, BTW. I've known a number of kids who've improved with tubes in the ear. It's hard on you, but children are resilient and the hospital can seem like an adventure to them. Good luck.

I'll post the Earth Day thingie on Sunday unless my computer dies or I win the lottery or something!

angel-eyes
03-29-2002, 05:05 PM
Tommorow is my weighin....and fingers crossed, I'll be a raving loser again!! Hope so, actually if I don't....I think I'll just be glad to know that like last week; my body will do the right thing. I'm refering to the other client at my ww meeting, who said she only loses 2 weeks out of the month. But boy is she regular as clock worth to lose each month.....after 2 years she has lost 97 lbs. So I might just have to settle for being the slow and steady one!!(like her) I will post my weigh in after my meeting. Count me in for the Earth day challenge. Not sure how much this time....but I'll sure give it some thought.

My In-laws are coming here for Easter and then on Monday, we drive the 5 hrs to the coast of Georgia. I hope I can last that long with 2 boys driving each other and me crazy for the trip!!! What have I got myself into?...lol Should be nice in Georgia, we'll be able to walk to the beach everyday and I have visions of reading a book under a sunumbrella. (NOT!!!) but I'll sure try.

Amarantha2
03-31-2002, 01:42 PM
Ho, Bunnies! I'm down two pounds, making my official Sunny Bunny Challenge Loss at seven. I never really thought I'd make the 10 anyway, so I'm hoppy!

Here's the list now, please update at your pleasure! I'm posting an Earth Day challenge on another thread. These short challenges are really helpful to me as is the support of all of you and seeing how well everyone is doing!

Crone - lose 10, 3 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 0 to go!!!!
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

Peace by Earth Day! (Please, world?)

:cool:

sheila_220
03-31-2002, 06:22 PM
Hello sunny bunnies

congrats crone on the 7lb. loss. I'm with you on the earth day challenge, the little challenges really help me as well.

I dropped another 1.5lbs. leaving me at 183.5, that's a 6.5lbs. loss.

hope everyone has a great easter and see you in the next challenge.

sheila
--------------
220/183.5/135lbs.

angel-eyes
03-31-2002, 08:16 PM
Hi Ladies. Just a little quickie as I'm packing my bag to head out for a weeks holidays with the boys. My sunny bunny challenge ended up being held at 3 lbs as I maintained for my Sat weighin. I won't be coming back until April 8, nor will I have access to a computer for the time that I'm away......so.......put me down for 5 lbs for the Earth Day Challenge. You Ladies do me proud.....stay on plan, resist that chocolate urge.....and forward ho!!!

Amarantha2
03-31-2002, 09:27 PM
Crone - lose 10, 3 to go
Emily- lose 10, 7 to go
Sheila - lose 5, 0 to go AND going us one better, Sheila dropped another 1.5, leaving her with a total loss of 6.5!!! WTG & See You on the Earth Day Thread at Your Pleasure! :)
JoJoJo2 - maintain
Gemini - lose 5, 5 to go

Angel-Eyes: I'll put you on the Earth Day list for 5! Have a great trip.