Support Groups - Jaded Ladies Weight Loss Chat # 298

Marti
06-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52845) !

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.

HoneyMustard
06-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Hello, I'm fairly new here and was curious to know: what make a lady jaded? I consider myself "jaded" but unsure if this would be the right place for me to post.

ABTucson
06-16-2008, 05:51 PM
H Everyone,

Happy Monday to you all. Things here are going. The weekend was pleasent. DH, (darling husband) doing much better for the time being. I started on Lexapro today and had a good visit with my doctor and I am positive I will see some results. I have generally been low key and trying to get myself back together after DH last hosptial stay. Thanks and have a great day.

tommysgirl18
06-16-2008, 11:52 PM
just popping in here before heading off to bed.....

nothing really new on this end.....just same stuff different day.......

Marti
06-17-2008, 01:21 AM
Poppin in quickly.

H&H--Hello :wave: Here is a link to a post that explained what we thought was considered a Jaded Lady (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52845) We'd love to get to know you more.

Hello to the rest of you! I'm feeling really tired tonight so I'm heading off to bed early.

Hope you all enjoyed your day. Will chat more tomorrow!

G'night!

HoneyMustard
06-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Thank you Marti. Gook luck to everyone!

upswife
06-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Morning all! Well, I didn't do too badly yesterday, I just never made it out to the gym...the kiddies decided they wanted to play with their friends...and I don't have the energy to fight with them...I Am going to try to get there this morning, but it seems a little cool to take them swimming, we will see.

Not much going on today...DH want to go to the minor league baseball team here in town tonight.......we will see how he feels...has been very hectic for him at work.

Have to get moving, the kids are all dressed and ready to go, so I better get caught up!

pattygirl63
06-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Hello Ladies,

Just thought I would drop in and say Hi. :wave: Not much going on here. Staying OP and trying to be more active. Got up early trying to get back to old routine, but find it hard to go to bed early enough to do that. DH is getting better. I think he is doing great considering all he's going through.

H&H - :welcome3: We look forward to getting to know you.

Ellen - Hope you can get to feeling better.

Mindee - You sound the way I feel. Just the same old thing going on around here too. Nothing new going on. Peaceful right now though which is nice.

Marti - Sounds like you continue to be really busy. How are things going at work? Any signs of settling down any time soon?

Jane - How was the twins party?

Hope everyone has a great day. :wave: To Everyone else.

:hug::hug:Trish

Dixiemae
06-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Good Morning Ladies~Today is a beautiful day here. Nothing but blue skies, soft breeze, so pleasant. I had a tough night, I cried a lot prayed even more. Today is better. We will have another court date to finalize the details, but the divorce is final. I was surprised, I didn't have to sign any papers. We had to sign several different papers to make the marriage legal. Sign nothing and waa laa we are divorced by just speaking the marriage is not fixable :?:

Everyone~Thank you all for your support, thoughts, and prayers. I really needed them.

Noelle and I went for a short potty break. I couldn't resist, I pulled some weeds from my container plants. My spaghetti squash is really going to town. It already has little squashes developing!! Amazing. The flowers I planted the other day are growing!!

Welcome to our new Jaded Lady. Looking forward to getting to know you. We are a very supportive caring group of Ladies. Please join in.

Ellen~I am so glad to hear they took the wonderful news of a new baby so well. I know you had concerns about telling them. I hope you are feeling better.

Jane~Did the storm Saturday hit your area hard? We have downed trees, tree limbs. I seen one house a block and a half from mine with tree damage. Again around Fort Atterbury (sp) they got it bad. My daughter used to live in Jeffersonville, I am glad she is here now.

Mindee~Did you get any storm damage. The NASCAR race was in Michigan Sunday. They were expecting some bad storms to hit soon after the race was over.

I went to the library yesterday :). I found several goodies there. I found a 1 and 2 mile walk dvd that I can do. I found a book titled Mega Yoga. Especially for the larger ladies that want the benefits of yoga, but need special modification. It is very tastefully written. I am going to do the walk dvd and yoga from the book plus my walks outside. Joyful new beginnings. Everyone have a wonderful good day. Pat

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Morning/Afternoon All :wave:

Just wanted to say lastnight/this morning at work was quiet once again. :woohoo: I did have a meeting with my boss, but it was nothing that I wasn't already aware of..........and he said I am a good worker, just have to work on one thing.......

So thats all for now. Going to bed......Have a Good Day Ya'All........

:hug:

Jane
06-17-2008, 12:43 PM
The Father's Day celebration and the twins' party are all over, thank goodness. Today we're picking cherries. I'm going to freeze some on a cookie sheet, then put them in a bag to use in smoothies. Sounds good to me.

The sun is out, and the flood waters are going down. :cp:

Have a good one!

Marti
06-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Morning ladies....

Did a workout this morning, and I'm planning on dusting off that treadmill of mine later tonight. (we used to be such good friends, what happened?) :)

Ellen--Make sure you take it easy.....keep up your energy for that baby.

Trish--Work is much better. The new hospital down the road will open up in August and when that happens....we'll have a little more chaos but it'll settle down soon after.

Pat--Hugs to you. Sorry it's hard for you right now. Divorce is hard not matter what you feel towards each other whether you both want it, one does the other doesn't. Thinking of you today!:hug:

Sassy--Hurray for a quiet work night. I hope it stays that way for you. And how nice to hear from the boss that you're a good worker! (always appreciate hearing that at my job)

Jane--Cherries!! I remember picking cherries w/my grandpa when I was little. Love those memories. Freeze some for me will ya?

Good morning to the rest of you girls.

I need to get ready for work.....you all have a great Tuesday!!

PleaseLuise
06-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi ladies. I have been reading the posts for about a week and wonder if I have anything to contribute, but really want to be part of something that encourages. Ever begin watching a movie in the middle and feel like you are struggling to catch the plot? Isn't it funny, even with the anonymity of online chat rooms, there is still that fear, will anyone like me, will I fit in? (ever imagine thin girls must never feel that way) I am 6 weeks into an injury that has me sidelined and am trying to maintain my pre-injury weight loss with my diet alone and hoping this site will help me stay motivated.

I did post on the bios page if you are interested. Hoping to keep following and getting to know all of you.

tommysgirl18
06-17-2008, 04:14 PM
just popping in here while the hellions, I mean kids are behaving for the second!

Pat~ Nope, we really didn't get any storms after that....until Sunday night I believe was when it rained around here. I am so glad that Jr won at MIS!

Welcome to the newest members!!!!

Luise~ Just jump right in and join the conversations! I hope that you are able to maintain your pre-injury weight loss, and you are able to get back on your feet soon!

da fat n da furious
06-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Hello Ladies,,,
Louise...how about thinking of this as an adventure that you get to learn about us as we learn about you. Don't fear about not belonging,,,we all belong. There is alot of similarieties (ok I can't spell that word) and enough differences to make it interesting.

Hopefully you read some of the bios too....
So what kind of injury are you dealing with? There are a few of us over the years and even now dealing with injuries. Since being a JL I think Ive torn my rotar cuff, broke my foot and had a couple of surgeries. I was (yes was) very active,,,now I am a lazy slug. My eating is mostly good,,,but OMG if I could just do some workouts...blah right now Im blaming work but that is a lame excuse. I am gone 12 hrs for work 5 days a week. I get home and just doing a min. amount of house work is about all I can handle. The thing is I know that if I started working out I would have more energy,,,hence be doing more,,,but Im TIRED!! ok Im sounding whiney...

Jane,,,sounds like we had the same weather,,,,we finally have SUN here...wahooo sat out of the deck during my lunch and got some sun.

Pat...doesn't make sense does it about how like someone waving a magic wand 35 years with someone can be done.

Not much else happening,,,going to the chiropractor after work,,,have had a wicked headache so feel like my neck is out...or perhaps it really is just work...blah
Went to my scrap booking class last night,,,signed up for next year,,,plus signed up for card making,,,OMG I love making cards!

Well I should get back to work,,,
somehow I figured out how to get on here during work,,,eeeeee
they took part of my other work away,,,(well it was someone else's work that somehow I got to do,,,yay. *sigh BUT finally they hired a replacement)

have a great day ladies...

tommysgirl18
06-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Angie~ I love scrapbooking and making cards too..........but I haven't made a scrap book since me and Tommy put one together when we got engaged.

Dixiemae
06-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Louise~Please don't feel like you don't belong here. We all were new here at one time. Join in the chats, don't worry what one of us might think. We all have had our moments. We sit down at the keyboard and start typing. We may have an accomplishment we want to share, we may want to brag on our kids, grandkids, or even our pet furball. We may vent because we are angry, frustrated, hurt physically or emotionally. Doesn't matter. What matters is the fact that at least one of us has been through something similar. Will listen to you and send words of encouragement, love, even a hug. You are not alone, you don't have to face your trials and problems alone. You are always welcome here, some one is only a message away. Don't be afraid to reach out. Some one will take your hand. The worse you can do is make a new friend or two. Give us as well as yourself a chance, see what grows from it. ((((HUGS)))) Pat

Louise~ your height and goal weight is the very same as mine. I am 5 foot 6 inches tall. My goal weight is 150 pounds. Several years ago on April fools day I fell Right in front of McD's and broke my left ankle. I know about pain, setback, and rehab. I have oa in my neck(Left) I have oa in both hips and knees. I understand how it feels. I walk a new path today, I was divorced yesterday. I face the unknown of facing life alone. No one to fall back on, just my well padded butt. Come on, grab a hand we are all Jaded, Jaded Ladies. Pat

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Hola :wave: -- on my way to work so have a great night!!!

pattygirl63
06-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Luise - :welcome: We are glad you here and I agree with Mindee and Angelia. Just jump in and share. Jaded Ladies is a great group to belong too. I'm sure you will enjoy this group and we look forward to getting to know you. Great support here. Sorry about your injury. I'm not able at this time to exercise as much as I would like because of a knee injury last summer but do as much as I can hoping it will get easier as I lose taking weight off the knees. I read your bios page and loved your description of your children. :)

Pat - Sorry you had a bad day with the divorce. I know somehow things have gotten weird hasn't it? I am glad you have family to stand by you as you go through this. Remember we are here for you.

Angelia - Hope your trip to chiropracter helps you get over your headache.

Mindee - :wave:

Jane - Glad the flooding is subsiding. Tony's DS has so much damage to his home I don't know how they will ever get it back to normal. Cherries sound good. I love them myself, but we don't get too many fresh ones mostly frozen.

Marti - I know you will be glad when things do get a little more settled. Take good care of yourself.

Sassy - Glad you had a quiet night and a nice compliment from your boss that you are doing a good job. I always liked working for bosses who made it known to me they liked my work. I had about 4 of those kind and even though some times I felt they asked a lot of me or overworked me, I found myself enjoying those jobs more than any I ever had.

Ellen - I am wondering if there is something in your diet your not getting or a vitamin that you need? Have you had blood work to see why you might be so exhausted all the time? What does your dr say? Just concerned. :hug: Take good care of yourself.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Have good evening and I'll try to check in tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

upswife
06-17-2008, 09:57 PM
:welcome2: to the newbies! Feel free to just jump in and join the conversation. These ladies are great and can support you in many ways!

Trish~I forgot you have been busy too. but I am so tired because I am pregnant. I am just in my 12th week, so I am hoping to gain a little energy as I get to the second trimester.

I did make it to the gym this morning, I did 30 mins on the treadmill...I was hoping for more, but for now that is not too bad...will keep going to re-gain my strength. Have to run/waddle, but will try to post in the morning.

da fat n da furious
06-17-2008, 10:05 PM
well my trip to the chiropractor was a bust,,,there was a bad accident and all the roads closed...took me over an hour to get home,,normally 10 minutes.
blah,,,came home and made dinner.
Going up to do a wedding card for a co worker.

ttfn
Angie

tommysgirl18
06-17-2008, 11:44 PM
I just had yet another ah-ha moment. I was watching the movie "To Be Fat Like Me" on Lifetime, and boy did it really sink in! It made me realize a lot of stuff that I just let people do to me and say to me when I was younger......and then it took high school, to pull myself up by the boot straps, and to defend myself.

It made me realize that I have to take a stand for myself, to show my kids what I want them to do with their lives, and I can't just keep telling them, I have to show them!

pattygirl63
06-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Ellen - Oh that makes sense then. For some reason I lost track and thought you were further along. Like you said I've had a lot going on. Hopefully when get into your 2 trimester, some energy will kick in.

Angelia - Sorry traffic messed up your plans. I hope the headache went away. Maybe a good nights sleep will help.

Mindee - I always felt I was a bad example to my kids because I was always dieting and would lose but never kept it off. I hope that will change now for my DGC.

Night all. See y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

tommysgirl18
06-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Trish~ I knew that my son Brandon was getting influenced without me realizing it, when he would lay on the floor and do crunches or he would walk down the hallway and do wall push ups.

that is when I realized that I needed to keep that stuff out of their site, along with the constantly stepping on the scale.

Dixiemae
06-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Good Morning Ladies. A quick fly by to say I am thinking of you all, wishing everyone a great day. I am expecting an important call from my case worker. I will go for now. Pat

Marti
06-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Just a quick hello from me too.....not feeling to good this morning, my back is aching! We seriously need to consider buying a new mattress........

I'm going to do some yoga stretches to help ease the ache. Sorry this is a quick one!

Hope you all have a good Wednesday.

Sassy_Chick
06-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi all,

Well this morning was not a quiet morning!!! That is all I will say.

Have a Good day.

upswife
06-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Everyone had quick posts, and I really don't have much to say either. Rested this morning as I was fighting off a headache, and now I have a mountain of laundry to fold and put up. Well, off to tackle the mountain one sock at a time. LOL

tommysgirl18
06-18-2008, 05:15 PM
hello ladies......how is every one doing?

popping in while I have a chance......early bedtime for every one tonight. the boys didn't take a nap, and I think Marissa is teething again. so, it has been a fun day here in my neck of the woods!

well, I haven't had any pop today. I have been drinking ice tea! although with the way the boys have been behaving, I might be reaching for a drink!

Jane
06-18-2008, 05:42 PM
My internet service has been hit and miss today. So I'll just say hi, and be on my way. :)

pattygirl63
06-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi Everybody

A quick fly by. DH has doctors appointment tomorrow with surgeon. Then I have to hit Wal-Mart with or without DH depending on how things go after we see the doctor. He had to wear a potty bag for 2 weeks and he'll be glad to get rid of it. They may have to watch him to be sure bladder doesn't go into spasms. So we will see how our day unfolds.

I will try to check in tomorrow evening.

Hugs,
Trish

da fat n da furious
06-18-2008, 11:12 PM
hey all...just a quick hello,,,on my way to bed.
Finally got the chiropractor appointment,,,told him about how my migraines are escalating,,,said to get a massage,,,and since my yearly physical is on the 9th,,,we will see. I was doing so well after my hysteroctomy,,,then about 6 months ago they starting coming back.
We will see...
night all...

tommysgirl18
06-19-2008, 12:56 AM
well, my in-law's are coming over on Thursday. they wanted some updated pictures of the kids, and so I just quickly printed them off for them......now we are out of printer paper.

Sassy_Chick
06-19-2008, 01:41 AM
http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/463/463451sicxg2htl2.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Hola!!! :wave:

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

upswife
06-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Morning ladies! not much going on here...my headache lasted most of the day, so I still have laundry to fold. DH woke up to a flat tire, and didn't have time to change it so he took my car, not I am waiting for my sis so I can take DD1 to the dentist. I know how to change the tire, but don't want to push too hard. Maybe if my brother comes with my sis then I will walk him thru it. Have to run and eat, then get ready to go.

Later chicas!!!

Dixiemae
06-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Good Morning Ladies, It is a beauiful day out there. I feel blue :?: I have no clue why I feel so out of sorts with the world today.

Mindee~I am sure they will enjoy the pictures you printed out for them! That was a sweet idea. How about starting a new scrap book? This would be a great starting place.

Ellen~Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Sorry to hear about DH flat tire. I had a flat tire on the way home from the nursery not so long ago. Hope you get to the dentist ok.

SassyChick~Hello how are you today? I like your Garfield!! He is my favorite cat. I should have named Rusty Garfield. He has the same smile.

Anglia~A massage sounds so wonderful. Migraine headaches are so hard to get rid of.

Trish~I hope your DH doctors appt goes very well. Hope you 2 can spend tomorrow together with out bladder spasms. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Marti~Are you feeling better today. No backache? Yoga stretches oooommmm should feel oh soooo good on the back and shoulders.

I am going to try to get some thing possitive done with this day. I think I didn't sleep so well is why I feel out of sorts. Maybe a walk and some sun will help this blue mood. Everyone have a great afternoon. I don't want to leave anyone out. Pat

Marti
06-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Good morning ladies :wave:

Been doing some ab workouts and I'm feeling pretty good about that. I've lost them long ago and I'm searching for them. :D

Eating has been clean, but need to eat more than twice a day. Also need to get rid of the soda in the house! Buy it for when DD is here w/her friend, but when she leaves, she leave the stuff here.......and who tends to drink it?? Why that would be me. Need to stop drinking it, I'll end up with a soda habit again.

How is everyone doing?

I better get ready for work, have a good morning....tomorrow is Friday and then it's a couple of days of rest time.

Chat with you all later.

tommysgirl18
06-19-2008, 03:55 PM
just popping in while I have a second......

my in-law's came over with one of our nieces. they were here for a little bit, and then they left to go get something to eat. my MIL said that she was going to take us with them but she didn't have the room in her truck.....which was fine since the kids needed to take a name anyways.

Pat~ I would love to do a scrapbook. In fact, I told Tommy that I wanted to do a scrap book for all the kids, our wedding, and everything......but I haven't had enough time in the day to start them let alone keep up with them!

da fat n da furious
06-19-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't want to work anymore! I talk so much I have a squeeky voice right now. drinking water tho!

How is everyone doing?

tommysgirl18
06-19-2008, 05:46 PM
angie~ what do you do for work that you talk all the time? I hope the water helps with your voice

Dixiemae
06-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi Everyone~Eating has been good, I need to eat more than twice a day also. To get over the blues I did some house work. Then went outside and cleaned out the gutters at the front of the house. I got scared to climb a ladder at the back of the house with out something to hang on to for support. My son was nice enough to do that. Then I butchered the three bushes and the hedge at the front of the house. They look good, but not professionally done good. Next time I do them will be easier to get them level and shaped better. Everything in small doable steps. Then I came in and popped in a brisk 4 mile walk tape and had at it. I did it:carrot: I wasn't sure I could do 4 miles, now I know I can. I have two 4 mile tapes. ;) When I was thin and in better shape I could do a 2 mile for a warm up then do a 4 mile for a work out. I aint up to that now :o

I will talk to ya all later. Have a great evening everyone! Pat

da fat n da furious
06-19-2008, 10:06 PM
hi Mindee,,,Im a receptionist,,,I answer about 700 calls a day. Tuesday was quiet,,,only about 500,,,Wed was double that or so it seemed. Im tired and cranky and had a huge fight with Brandon....with both Monte and Tanner standing there,,,,watching.
Im going to bed...night

tommysgirl18
06-20-2008, 12:04 AM
popping back in to see how every one is doing...

Pat~ I did my 3 mile dvd for the first time the other day. I didn't think that I could do it, but then I did it and I was like "what was I scared for? that was nothing" Now, I just need to get into the habit of doing it daily!

Angie~ I am surprised that I still have a voice left after dealing with the boys all day! School let out, and I swear I will go insane now that they are home with each other all day! Sorry to hear about your fight with Brandon. I hope things are better between the two of you.

Sassy_Chick
06-20-2008, 06:22 AM
http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1052/1052888ikmubkc6i3.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Isn't he cute??? Hope you all have a great Friday and a Great Weekend!

Marti
06-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi ladies! :wave:

I just finished my morning ab workout and I'm a little behind in getting ready for work, so this is a quicky!

How is everyone doing on exercise and clean eating??

I'm trying but boy....it can be hard sometimes!!

Best be off and cleaning up....
Hurray---It's Friday!!!!

Chat with you all later!

suetalks
06-20-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm still around. Just have a lot going on right now. I am still awaiting my biopsy report and trying to get Mom's feet feeling better. At least her kidney scan is over and she may have to have an out patient procedure, but it is not a tumor or anything that bad. One bit of good news in a long, long few weeks.

Be back when I can.

Jane
06-20-2008, 06:38 PM
My computer server has gone bonkers - I'll be back when I can.

tommysgirl18
06-20-2008, 09:09 PM
just popping in before I head off to cuddle with Brandon and then spend some time with Tommy.

sue~ I hope every thing with your mom turns out okay.

da fat n da furious
06-21-2008, 01:58 AM
*sigh Im exhausted,,,came home after a 14 hr day,,,fell asleep on the couch...and now its midnight, sleep pattern is a mess.

Tomorrow I have plans to go shopping with a friend from work,.,,,her daughter is getting married in Sept...and wants to look her best. So we are going to find the dress.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Sassy_Chick
06-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi All!! :wave:

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1140/1140568qbj9kglmg1.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

suetalks
06-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Good Saturday morning. I took a bike ride this morning and managed 2 miles before I needed my coffee. Hope to do more this evening when it cools off.
I have to re-boot my efforts here for weight loss and good health. My blood pressure has gone way up the past month or so. Not hard to understand, but I need to get a grip on it quickly.
Checking in here every day will help, so "Honey's, I'm home!"

bbl...... :)

upswife
06-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Hey ladies! What a busy day...been a little stressed, but am getting thru it. very tired,but in a good way! Have to keep it short have a happy Sunday/ Monday!!!!

Sassy_Chick
06-22-2008, 02:45 AM
http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/508/508360khcsiqbm1d.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Good Morning, :coffee:

I thought I would start everybody off right this morning with some fresh fruit! lol.
I am currently doing clothes so I have some pants to wear to work tonight. :p I did get ALL of my other clothes ALL put away, that is the hardest part of laundry!!! lol. I slept yesterday from 11 am until 9:30 PM, 10 1/2 hrs!!! :faint: I guess I was making up for the lack of sleep from earlier in the week! lol. And I had the craziest dream!!!! I was back in HS again *insert horror film music here* and had a dream about my ex! :yikes: But it was totally strange! We were both so nice to each other! It was sickening! lol. (IN HS this ex of mine and I fought constantly, were the ones who were always breaking up and getting back together) anyways in my dream, like I said we were nice to each other and in the dream I dreamt that we were breaking up, only it was very nice. He gave me this big 8X10 picture of him with a note inside that said, "I will always love you." Which is weird because that was the song that was playing when we actually DID break up! lol. I dunno why in the heck I dreamt about him, I haven't thought about him in a LONG time! lol. I thought maybe it represented a couple things: first that I miss that girl that I "Used" to be and secondly that maybe I have finally moved on from the past, even though I thought I already had??? lol. Oh yeah and I also kissed his mom goodbye on the cheek, only it wasn't his mom, it was my 2nd exes mom, who I actually liked........lol, then my 1st exes brother came running outside and gave me a big wet kiss! YUCK!!!! :barf: What do you all think? Have I completely lost my mind??? lol. :crazy:

Well I hope you all get your rest.

I am hoping that this week at work is a good one. I am gonna try to keep up the positive attitude. Oh and DH said they changed out PTO time (that is Paid Time Off) right now we accrew so much a month and you can keep it until the next year if you still have some left and at a certain point it stops acrewing. But anyways, starting in October they are going to do the give it to you all at once then if you don't use it by the next October, you lose it! Now the people who have tons of PTO time acrewed will be well SOL. And if you don't know what that means ummmmmm sorry I can't say it here. its $hit out of luck. lol. Basically they will lose all their time unless they use it up before October. So I see some vacations coming up soon. lol.

It is good for us that do not acrew PTO time, like me. lol. But its bad because its like putting a million dollar check in front of a gambling person because I just "Have to" use it. But I have had jobs before that they give the time to you all at once and I just had to learn to ration it out. So that is what I will have to do I guess. lol.

Anywho. That is that. I am so tired :tired: and I shouldn't be I slept so long! Maybe that is it. lol.

Anyways, you go girls, you all are doing great and I am well, not. :o lol.

Marti
06-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Good Morning chickies! :wave:

Yesterday was DD birthday, she's 14! My oh my how times flys. Went over and spent some time with her and then her dad took her out to dinner. Next weekend hubby & I will spoil her! :D

Sue--Did your biopsy results come yet? I hope all is well.

Sassy--Oh how I wish they'd do that at my company!! There are so many who have maxed out PTO and can take time whenever, and now they're talking about making it a policy to have 40hr of PTO banked up at all times......and able to take time off and use the hours you've made OVER the 40. Make no sense!!

Ellen--Get some rest! I hope the energy levels come soon for you.

Angie--14hrs is crazy! I don't miss working that at all!

Pat-- My bushes all need trimmed. That may be my project for today. My rose bushed in particular!!

Mindee--Get all your snuggling in?

Jane--Computer well?

Morning to the rest of you!!

I've got lots of yard work and laundry to do today. So I'm homebound, unless hubby has something he wants to do later. (He just got home and is in bed) So....I'll be doing a lot of pulling and squatting...(good workout) out in the yard today.

Need to get the day started, so off I go.

Have a good one ladies.

Dixiemae
06-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies. The trip to the Beach had some high lights and a few low lights. Let me get the low lights out of the way first.~~They have to do with poor self image. In my head/minds eye I caught several adults, and a few teens staring at me. They knew I was very aware they were staring. I felt like I had sprouted a horn between my eyes or had an exotic fruit tree growing out of my navel. I felt very uncomfortable!!!! My other self issue. Several rides had cameras that took pictures to sell for key chains. I got a good look at all 3 pictures. Major YUCK!!! They look just like a economy sized me. I was really blown away by just how big I looked in the pictures. I had not seen a picture of myself at this size. Seeing myself as others must see me was a major reality check. My sister tried to help me by saying that all pictures make you look at least 10 pounds heavier than you really are. It made me look 50 pounds heavier, because that is just where I am in real life, real time. Fifty pounds over weight. Talk about reality biting. Another reason to work hard at losing weight.

Now for the high lights~I was able to walk from one end of the park to the other several times over with out needing to stop and rest. I was able to carry my 47 pound nephew with out caving in. I was able to brisk walk up 3 flights of stairs with out a problem. Here is the big high light for me. My Nephew wanted to ride the merry go round. He wanted to ride a horsey. I lifted him up on the horse. The care taker for the ride suggested I ride the horse next to him. I took a deep breath :add drum roll: put my foot in the strap swung my butt in the saddle and rode the horse next to Xander. I was really proud of that moment.

We had two rain delays. Got soaked to the skin before we could find shelter. When the sun came out it stayed out. I rode most all of the rides, they even got me on the big roller coaster. I closed my eyes so I couldn't see, I wasn't scared. Scrambler twice, tilt a whirl x3, bob sled x 2 , Hymalayan x3, sky ride x2, the merry go round ;-) the bumper cars, ferris wheel x 2. I don't know what all else we rode. It was fun!

Mindee~Congrats on the 3 mile walk!! I am proud of you! I have a 4 mile tape of hers that I want to try. I don't want to push myself too hard, at the same time I don't want to baby myself either. I guess it is like she says there is no wrong way to do the dvd, only sitting on the couch is wrong. Do you have a 4 mile walk tape? Try the library or if you have a used dvd store near you try there too.

Marti~Don't butcher your bushes and roses, Joking with you. My bushes look dead now. Maybe a nice rain will perk them up. Send us a picture of your yard when you are done trimming.

Ellen~How are you feeling today?

Jane~How is your computer? Over it glitches I hope!

Sue~Please let us know when the test results come back.

Trish~I am missing you!

I will catch ya all later. Don't want to leave any one out, everyone have a nice afternoon. Pat

upswife
06-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Had an ok day, Went to church, but had to spend most of Mass downstairs...we have an old church, with no a/c so it can get warm. I kept getting lightheaded...but I ate and got some water, and I felt better. The rest of the day was non-productive...DH let me sleep all afternoon. I know I needed it, but I still wish I could do more than I am able. Will sleep tonight, and will try to get things ready for our camping trip next week. Have to get moving...still very tired.

Later ladies!

tommysgirl18
06-23-2008, 12:04 AM
just popping in while I have a chance!

we ended up being too tired on Friday night, but we got in a card game on Saturday night. so, I will make sure that we do that more often!

we took the kids to the pool on Sunday after we got back from doing laundry. It was a lot of fun! I will have to take the camera next time. the weather was nice, but the water took some getting used to. Logan wanted nothing to do with it at first, but then he was the one that we had to drag out of the pool and I had to carry him home just so he wouldn't go back into the pool!

Sassy_Chick
06-23-2008, 05:16 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/23/AR2008062300163.html

Jane
06-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Hello ladies,

My internet is still wonky, so I hope it's just a weather-related problem.

I had a fun weekend, and can't believe it's Monday again already. Today I have to get some cleaning done, and want to weed the flowers. I've been cutting bouquets to place around the house. Ahhh, so pretty!

Have a good one.

Dixiemae
06-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Good Morning Ladies, A quick fly by. I weighed in this morning at 190. Scale didn't move. My Mini goal for this week is to weigh 189 or less. I have a busy day planned. Catch ya all later! Pat

Marti
06-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Good Morning ladies :wave:

I have decided to give WW a try. I've prepared myself and got my tools and journal and all that jazz, plus, I've talked about it for years with my sister and I've just never went with it.

But today is a new day and I'm going to give it a try. I will keep you updated on how I do. I already see myself struggling with my water intake, but I am going to work on that!

I have a great uncle who does WW, and he lives in Iowa so I had no idea he was on the plan. He and his family visit my grandpa every once in awhile, well the last time he came to visit......he was sitting in the living room visiting and I didn't even recognize him!! He was well over 300 lbs and had lost over 100! He looked great!! That was a couple years ago, my Aunt tells me he's doing going strong and has lost even more!!

So......I'm going to see how I do!

Hope all is well w/you and that you're all having weather you can enjoy. It's sunshiney here in Oregon, makes for great mornings out on the patio to read a newspaper and have a cup of coffee!

I'm going to get ready for work....I have a three day weekend coming up to spend w/DD and so this is a short week!

WhooHoo. :carrot:

Have a good one girls.

tommysgirl18
06-23-2008, 04:47 PM
popping in again.....it is rainy here, and the famous Detroit riverfront fireworks are tonight.....and the only one that seems to have taken a nap today was Marissa. so she will get to watch the fireworks if she is still awake!

this weekend is full of fireworks! tonight we are watching some on tv....then our towns fireworks are on Thursday, then a city over has their fireworks on Friday.....then the next ones we are going to after that are all up in the air!

da fat n da furious
06-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey all,,,
a quick hello....
PAt,,,better to stay in the same spot then gain. But I know what you mean about just wanting the scale to move.

Mindee,,,so what is teh special occasion for the fireworks?

Marti,,,that is awesome about your uncle...good on him. And WW is a tried and true weightloss program... I would have the same challenge as you of water intake.

Jane,,,what is wrong with your internet? Storms?

Well, I had a busy weekend,,,went to a rodeo. Love them...got to see some chucks...which is exciting.
Went shopping with a friend from work,,,her daughter is getting married in Sept and needed my input on her outfit. We bought two! We figured one for rehearsal,,,and we got some sales that were hard to pass up.

I just got back from getting my hair trimmed and desparkled...(haha I call my grey/silver hair sparkles) Not sure if she thinned it enough,,,such thick hair that I suffer in the heat...

Anywho better get to bed,,,am working the 12 hr days for awhile...*sigh

tommysgirl18
06-24-2008, 12:14 AM
we had a great time watching the fireworks here at home.......I was right.....the only one that was still awake to watch them was Marissa. She had more fun playing with me and her favorite ball, then the fireworks. But if somebody would clap on tv, she would clap.

Angie~ The city of Detroit always does a big shindig for the 4th of July.

pattygirl63
06-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Hello Ladies,

Just thought I would check in real quick and say Hi :wave: and I'm still here, but not much going on. I'm staying OP and doing my exercise and drinking my water so that is good. This week I'm working on putting more fiber into my diet each day which is turning out good. I have a little more energy which is nice.

Sue - You are in my prayers and I hope you get good news on the biopsy and that you Mom is doing well.

Pat - I hope things are going better for you these days.

Mindee - How are you and the kiddos doing? Are y'all enjoying the s
summer?

I hope everyone is having a good day. I will check in again when I can.

:hug:,
Trish

da fat n da furious
06-24-2008, 09:43 PM
ha Mindee...forgot about the holiday coming up. Can you say been a bit bogged down in work. The kids have been telling me all the latest news...
I even went so far is to turn the radio off at work and listening to a positive cd. *sigh trying to keep me in the right frame of mind.

Sue,,,when will you know the results?

suetalks
06-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Nothing much going on here right now, finally. I have been resting quite a bit. Also trying to ride the bike and walk every day. Not much, but the ticker is moving. Eating has been going well.

I haven't had the call from the Dr. yet about my biopsy. Talk about "pins and needles."
Mom got her call and will have her procedure on the 10th of July. She goes to her heart Dr. before that, so we can discuss.....

Did laundry, bathrooms and grocery shopping yesterday. Cleaned the kitchen and dining room plus all the floors today.

We have our windows open and the house is getting a good airing. I love not having to use the A/C and wish we could get by all summer like this. I think we are getting a heat wave in the next few days...so the A/C will be in use.

Marti- Good luck on WW. You will have to talk to Jane, she makes it sound like a good program. (I started to say, easy, but I know it is not easy. Is any program?)

Angelia- I certainly hope the Dr. calls tomorrow. Thurs. is the 2 week deadline, so I will call them if I don't hear. They said 1 to 2 weeks. Sounds like you have been very busy. The shopping trip was probably a good relaxer. I love rodeos on t.v. but have never been to a "real" one. Fun!

Mindee- Cute about our little Marissa clapping. At least the fireworks didn't scare her. Someone has been setting them off around us and mom's little Baby gets so scared. She shakes and runs under the bed. Or else to my walk-in closet. She found that dark spot when mom was gone and it stormed. Poor little thing.

Trish- Glad to see you...Thanks for the prayers. I feel the need. Mom is feeling pretty good considering all her troubles. Her feet are still a big worry, and then the kidney procedure. We will get through it, I am sure, with lots of prayers and good wishes from our friends and the good ladies at 3fc's.

Pat- The scale will move...but boy, isn't it maddening when it doesn't for awhile? I am the queen of slow losers, let me tell you. I rejoice when the scale decides to move. I hope all your plants and garden are doing well.

Ellen- Hope you get your strength back soon. I hope your little ones don't wear you out too badly now that summer break is here.

Jane- Hope your computer will co-operate so we can hear more from you. Are you still watching the girls for Mary? Staying busy I bet. :)

Sassy- Hi chickie. Hope things are good over your way!

I know I am missing the new ladies...and I don't intend to slight anyone, just need to get my rear in gear here for bedtime. So ya'll have a Happy Hump Day tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
06-25-2008, 12:33 AM
well, for good things Tommy still has a job......but on a down side, his hours got cut. he is now working from 7am to 3pm. he says that he foresees the shop pushing layoffs soon. So, I mentioned to him to talk to the lady that called him from the other staff agency about a job closer to home.

Trish~ The kiddos are doing great! they are actually all healthy, knock on wood, right now. we are working on getting their insurance back into affect, which I am hoping will go back into affect on July 1st. and then we can get Brandon into the ENT.....and now I am wondering if we should get all three of them checked just to be safe.

Angie~ I understand that! I try to avoid watching the news if I can.....but with the weather lately and the kids wanting to go swimming I use it as background noise until I hear the weather.

Sue~ You are doing great on your walking!! The fireworks were on tv.....this Thursday and Friday we are going to fireworks in person, so we shall see how she does. we took her to fireworks this time last year and she did great! in fact, she slept through them! Our dog Cheyenne, that we had, used to be afraid of fireworks too.

Jane
06-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Hello ladies,

My computer server seems ok now. We'll see.

Ellen - how are you feeling? When is your due date? I know you must have mentioned it, but I forgot.

Sassy - nope, you haven't lost your mind, lol. I sometimes dream of people I haven't thought of in years, and wonder why. Speaking of ex's moms, my exdh's mom is in the nursing home again, after breaking her hip. She is such a sweetie, and I hate to see her suffer.

Marti - I think you'll like WW. It's very doable for anyone in the right frame of mind. It's an eyeopener, though, to see those points add up, isn't it??

Angie - "desparkled" - hahaha, you crack me up! What are chucks? My DD Katie wears shoes she calls chucks. And I know what ground chuck is. Even know a few guys named Chuck, but what is a rodeo chuck?

Trish - I've been kind of low on energy, too. Wonder if it's the heat? How's Tony doing?

Pat - if you were able to carry your nephew w/o a problem, walk up 3 flights of stairs w/o gasping for air, and riding the horse the way you did, well then, you aren't as big as you think. :hug: I admire you, though, for wanting to get the weight off before it becomes a bigger problem.

Sue - yes, I'm still babysitting. 4 on, then 4 off. Thankfully, Neal is a big help. Have you been plagued by the biting bugs that look like big gnats? They are all over Indiana, I've been told, in huge swarms. Someone told us to dab vanilla on ourselves, so they won't bite. I did that, then started thinking of my homemade frosting! :dizzy: Let us know what the doc says, ok?

Mindee - glad to know Tommy still has his job. I think you're right, it would be a good idea to have the kids checked out when the insurance kicks in. Our town has some fireworks on the 4th. We can sit on the edge of our watermelon field and see most of them.

Before I forget, if any others of you are thinking of trying Weight Watchers, join us in the Health-Focused Friends thread in the Clubs and Groups section at WW here at 3FC, in addition to posting here with the Jaded Ladies.

Ah, I've got so much to catch up on, now that my computer is back to normal. It's sad to think how much I depend on it, lol. Then I plan to tidy up my closet before it gets totally out of hand. I tend to be a slob, lol.

Have a good one!

Marti
06-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Morning Ladies...

I'm aching due to the sciatica! It had been awhile since it has bothered me and now....going on day 3. It's eased up some so by the weekend I'm hoping to feel better.

Just wanted to pop in quickly and say hello.

I'll check in again soon.

Dixiemae
06-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Good Morning Ladies~Today started out with a bang literally. I woke up to major thunder claps. It stormed and stormed about 9:30am. Poured down rain. Good for the garden and flower beds, but the weeds love it too. My purple Clematis is still blooming, it is sooooooooooooo pretty.

Angie~I asked yesterday what a rodeo chuck is. Inquiring minds need to know these things :D My post got wiped out when the puter got nervous (major trembles) and lost everything. Then shut its self down :mad: I lost a lot of stuff when that happened. I just had a thought are you talking about a chuck wagon where the cooks fixed the beans?:rofl:

Jane~Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. I feel huge. Lately my knees ache all the time. I chalked it up to being so over weight. Your words cause me to rethink some things over. Thank you for your support.~~Did you get storms this morning? The sun is trying to come out. Some of the wetness is starting to dry up. I might be able to mow the yard this afternoon. I watered my container plants last night. Jane~I have spaghetti squash and cantaloupe in bloom.

Mindee~Glad to know that Tommy still has a job. It is rough when they cut back on hours and or benefits. I am going job hunting this week. I think Marissa is so cute clapping her hands at the fireworks. Pictures please!

Sue~boopus dang!! I hope they call you soon with your results. The waiting and not knowing makes it worse. Please let us know when you hear from them.

Ellen~When is your bundle of joy due? I know you must have posted it, but I missed it. We have a great nephew due 8-9. Can't wait to get my hands on him and give him a great big kiss on his little cheek.

Trish~How are you today? I hope things are better.

I called my lawyers office yesterday to see if we can get the ball rolling for a court date to get the settlement over and done with. I had to go to my ex's house to pick up a few things I needed. The high light was my beautiful black Lab remembered me. We sat down on the sofa, I gave him a good back scratching. I will for ever and always miss him (dog). He is my soul mate. He is 80+pounds of muscle. Too big for me now. I wish I could see him more often. Is there such a thing as dog visitation rights in a divorce?

I have some house work to get done. I will catch ya all later. Everyone have a wonderful good afternoon. Pat

tommysgirl18
06-25-2008, 02:58 PM
just popping in while I have a chance......our bathroom floor by the tub is getting worse. so I told the office manager, and she is going to have one of the guys come over tomorrow to check it out. he says that more then likely he will have to replace the floor and tiles. (something that should have been done before!)

Jane~ it is good to hear that your server is back up and running! I think I am going to get them all checked, that way we won't have to make repeat trips in the future. the city fireworks here, we can somewhat make out by our complex. (meaning.....we can hear them and sometimes see them!) but a friend of ours lives on the water and said that we could come over to her place to watch them. good thing for that! bad part........all the fish flies that will be out!

Marti~ I hope your sciatica goes away soon! my got really bad when I was pregnant with all three......especially Logan. but every now and again it acts up on me.

Pat~ I will take the camera with us when we go and watch the fireworks tomorrow night. And then again when we go on Friday! I am thinking more and more about taking some photography classes since I love taking so many pictures!

da fat n da furious
06-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Pat you are close,,,chucks is chuckwagons...think small ones that have 4 horses...and they raise. They first do a circle eight,,,then ride! It does get a bit scary at first. I really don't know what my favorite is in rodeos,,,broncs,,,bulls or mutton busten.

We are getting into Stampede time...check out www.calgarystampede.com
think crazy city pretty much closing down for a rodeo.
I try to make it to the grounds once to the Coca Cola stage to see a concert...saw the Mavericks once,,,mmmmmm and Terry Clark once,,,the Trews. Yup love it all.

So today I had one of those embarrassing moments,,,sad tho,,,for you ladies who have been here along time,,,this isn't the first time for me,,,*sigh or will be the last.

So we hiring another salesman for our LTL division. (truck talk) I knew that the guys were going for lunch right before the last interviewee was to show...
so I went for my lunch,,,come back Brandon had relieved me. And he has written a note for me from Keith (sales guy) its says. * Keith and Barry will be late,,,the guy will be here,,,entertain him* sticky note attached.
I hear he likes Tigers and Fire.
So Im left,,,there. Guy comes in his name is Carlos. I explain whats happening that Keith is a bit late,,,traffic. (lying) I go back to data entering,,,Im super late with a report. I ignored this guy for 10 minutes. So feeling bad make small talk,,,ask him SOOOO Tigers and Fire eh? Hes like,,,ok. awkward moment,,,I prevail. So you like Tigers and Fire?
He says,,,sure...awkward moment again... I push again,,,(geesh will this guy just talk already,,,if he likes Tigers and Fire,,,tell me about it !!)
Me...so tell me about Tigers and Fire....
the look of horror on this guys face tipped me off!!!
Brandon had played a joke on me! I called him,,,asking him Tigers and Fire?
He is laughing so hard,,,and loud we could here from my desk!
So I told Carlos everything,,,how in this business you have to have a sense of humour. ha . all day instead of swearing everyone kept saying for Tigers and Fire! ok I did laugh too... but I will get even....mooohaha

And how was your day?

tommysgirl18
06-26-2008, 12:33 AM
man it has gotten so hot and humid all of a sudden! I went from being nice and comfortable to now being sweaty and sticky.

as for our walk, it wasn't a full two hour walk, we actually sat down and talked with the office manager and her daughter, but the kids were playing and one of us was up going after Logan mainly for trying to climb the monkey bars.

oh yeah, they are FINALLY sending someone over to fix the bathroom floor! I talked to the office manager on Wednesday and told her that the floor was getting softer. she called one of the guys and he said that he will come over in the morning to look at it, but more then likely he will have to rip up the old flooring and put down new flooring and tiling!

and on top of that, once they are done with the other remodels, we were given the go ahead to rip up the carpet in the dining room and to put down tile. which, I have to see if the guy coming over in the morning would be willing to help since the office manager said to ask him. but it would probably take me making him lunch for a week. but at the earliest that we would be able to do that is in August.

upswife
06-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Morning ladies! I am still here, my energy is a little better, but hoping I get a little more. Been busy planning our trip next week...will be gone from sun to sat.

For all who asked I am due 12-29...have to run, our tent got rained on, and I have to get it down b4 more rain today.

da fat n da furious
06-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Pat,,forgot to mention I do believe there is dog visitations you can ask for.

suetalks
06-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Bad news..good news situation. The biopsy found cancer, but not melanoma like before. This is the lesser basal cell. I don't have to be cut on anymore, just burned. Not an attractive thought. Better than the alternative. So there it is...thanks for caring. :)

Marti
06-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Morning ladies,
Today is my Friday!! I or hubby will pick up DD and we'll spend the weekend with her and celebrate her birthday, got her a new pink Ipod! (I wouldn't mind having it myself!!)

Eating has been good, my pts aren't adding up to 20 a day, below that. So I really need to add to my meals so I'm at least making it worth while.

Angie--I had to laugh about what Brandon did! Little stinker! I want to go to a rodeo! I've never been and it looks like so much fun!!

Mindee--How are the boys behaving? I hope the floors get fixed real soon for you and I think there should never be carpet in the dining room. Much easier to clean tile, especially if you have little ones.

Ellen--You may have a Christmas baby or New year baby! Wow!

Jane--WW is doable, I tend to not eat enough on some days which ends up with a binge day in between. So need to work on leveling it out!! Thanks for all the tools!

Pat--I know a couple who had custody of their pets.....not sure if it was written or they worked it out between themselves, but they do it.

Sue--Any word from your doctor yet?? Keeping you in my thoughts and send many hugs your way. :hug: I think waiting is the worse part!

Sassy--I have strange dreams myself. In fact the other night I had a dream that the tv guy came to take our bed away because he knew it was bothering my back. ?!? This was the tv guy!!

Trish--You're doing fabulous. I am STILL working to get in water. It's such a struggle for me!!

It's 10:00 so I better finish getting ready for work. So glad to have three days off.....then I realized that next weekend is the 4th of July (already!?) and I get another 3 days!! Looking good!!

Ok gals....chat with you later!

Marti
06-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Sue--Oh my....Sue I am sorry to hear the new, but am glad that you get an easier procedure (is burning easy?) than getting cut into. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Dixiemae
06-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Sue~I know the situation sounds so scary. Please don't think the worse case. I have had melinoma on my left arm about 6 inches from my elbow. In all I had 17 stitches. That was in Sept 88. Then about 4 years ago I had the basal cell. The dermotologist measured the circumfernce of the spot. Took a canister looking container. Said I am going to freeze burn it. He did that. I only felt minor discomfort for a few minutes. He put a band aide on it. Then it was over and done with. I have no scar, no pain, no patchy spot there. Nothing, it is like nothing ever happened. I know how frightened you are, i know some of the thoughts you must be thinking. It will be ok. Even the surgery scar has faded. (Sorry for all the spelling errors). If you need to talk to me I am here for you. Write me any time you feel you need to. You are in my thoughts and prayers. ((((H U G S)))) my friend. Pat

tommysgirl18
06-26-2008, 02:31 PM
just popping in here before I go and check on Tommy's work laundry.

the guy came over and looked at the bathroom floor. he said that he had to talk to the head maintenance guy to see what he says. he came back and told me that the head maintenance guy says that they have to ask the owner what he wants to do with it. the guy that came here, who is our friend, said that they will either just pull up the part that is damaged, put a fan on it to dry and then repatch it.....or they will tear it all up. he knew immediately where it was when he walked into the bathroom.

so, right now, none of the kiddos are napping, so it looks like an early bedtime with a possible no-show at the fireworks here in town tonight. it is hot and humid here, and I have managed to go this far without having to put the air on. but Brandon has already been bugging me to go swimming, so I told him that we would see what daddy wants to do when he gets home from work.

Sue~ I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers during this time......I am sending you some hugs too.

Marti~ I agree with you on the carpet in the dining room. Our vaccuum broke the other day, so it was pretty comical to watch me with a broom and dust pan to get all the stuff off the floor! I am going to see if we could possible get the tile to go into the living room and down the hallway like the unit next to us, but I am not seeing that happening!

the boys have been good today......so far! but then again, I told them that if they didn't behave, there would be no swimming or fireworks!

pattygirl63
06-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Hello Ladies

Busy day today and I'm tired so this will be quick. DH went to our family dr today and he was pleased with Tony's progress. We both have appointments in August. I haven't been to the dr for myself in years and my insurance goes into affect August 1 so I'm getting a general check up. We left there and went out to eat, to Costco & Sam's so did get a lot of walking done. Tony is doing better and this was his first time out like this since his surgery almost a month agao.

Sue - (((:hug:))) coming your way and you are in my prayers.

Marti - Hope you are feeling better. Glad the WW pts is working for you. I had the same problem at first of eating all my pts and still do some days. Mainly because some days I am not as hungry as others. I mostly use the 35 WPA for eating out or those days I want a little more.

Ellen - Glad you are feeling better.

Pat - I agree there should be visitation rights for your dog.

Mindee - I would think the people would have to fix you bathroom floor. They sure wouldn't want to have to face some kind of accident because of their negligence.

Jane, Ruth, Sassy and everybody else :wave:

Y'all have a good evening.

Trish

tommysgirl18
06-26-2008, 11:13 PM
I took the boys to the pool while Tommy stayed here with Marissa since she was sleeping.

they got to play in the water for maybe about ten minutes when I noticed some dark clouds rolling in...and quickly! I managed to get them out of the pool with promises of going back there tomorrow.

and when I was getting them to the gate, it started to sprinkle. by the time I got to the curb close to our apartment, the wind was trying to blow me backwards! and no sooner did we get inside, it started to down pour!

we passed on taking them to fireworks tonight since none of them took a nap, but we will take them to the fireworks tomorrow night.....weather permitting that is!

I am waiting to hear what the owner says, and if it isn't in favor of fixing the floor, then I will tell him that if one of us gets injured because of his negligence, then I will have my lawyer bring him our hospital bills.

Sassy_Chick
06-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Francie -- Found this for ya, not sure if you already have it or even want it.......

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/671/671892bjy3y3xdqb.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Hey Ya'all! :wave:

Sorry I've been MIA but I've been working and this week was my LONG week (46 hrs) so basically all I did was get up, go to work, come home, sleep, and do that all week long until now that I'm finally OFF for 3 days!!! :carrot: Next week is my short week (TG!!!) So that will be nice. It was SO HOT and MUGGY yesterday UGH!!!! I felt so ICKY when I came home from work and all I do is sit in an air conditioned office and I was just ICK! :yikes: So came home jumped in the shower, watched some Lucy and went to sleep!!!

Anywho..........here I am. I plan on tackling the bathroom this weekend and the bedroom. Those are my two "focal points" this weekend. ;) I have decided to have "focal points" on my nights off and it has so far, been working! Last weekend I got ALL my laundry put away (and there was A LOT) and got the kitchen cleaned up. :) So now its on to the bathroom and the budwaw (bedroom lol)............Then I suppose next weekend will be *horror flick music* the office!!! :faint: I have tried and tried to get DH to get in there but its a no go. He did pick up the apt and kept up on the dishes and did vacuum on his days off, so at least he did do some cleaning! ;)

Oh and let me just do a quick "update" on the work "situation" It is going good, so far at least!!! The woman I had an issue with actually communicated with me INSTEAD of just complaining out loud about it!!! So that my friends is progress! ;) I guess my positive attitude IS paying off! :D

Oh and there is some film all over the windshield of our car and my DH's motorcycle. We figure it has to be from the apt. complex because DH has not rode his motorcycle since last week. So we don't know if its from them stripping and re-staining the decks here or if its from the landscaping people. A coworker of mine is a professional landscaper and said its a possibility of it being from their weedeaters/leaf blowers since they use a combo of gas and oil in them and there is ALWAYS grass all over my car after they come. I plan on complaining to the apt. complex manager. I just didn't feel like dealing with her yesterday morning, I was just TOO exhausted.

Anyways, that is about all for me.

Have a Great Friday!!!! I thought this was cute:

http://dl7.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1033/1033897b6jhyrt88n.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Sue -- A SUPER BIG HUG for you girl!!!! I'm glad its not melanoma but still very scary!! Email me, PM or IM me if you wanna chat!!!We are here for ya!!! We will definitely keep ya in our prayers!!!!

http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1234/1234270y6frp9q2oi.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

tommysgirl18
06-27-2008, 01:04 AM
sassy~ it is good to hear from you! I would complain too......that is just inconsiderate on their part.

Sassy_Chick
06-27-2008, 01:50 AM
sassy~ it is good to hear from you! I would complain too......that is just inconsiderate on their part.

Hi Mindee

Yes I I plan too. Like I said to DH, "We did not spend all that money on our car and his BRAND NEW motorcycle for them to get crap all over it!" Plus pay rent here for them to do that sort of thing!!! I know things happen, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but I am definitely bringing it to their attention! I have also been thinking about checking into car covers. I know they can be a pain but it may be worth it, at least to put on here at home!!!! DH already has a cover for his motorcycle, he just has to remember to put it on!!! lol.

So hows everything on your end? :hug:

Jane
06-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Just a fly-by to say hello. :wave: I'm getting company later today, and the house is a mess. :dizzy: Gotta turn into Susie Homemaker!

upswife
06-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Sue~glad to hear that it is not melanoma....still scary tho. Hope the procedure goes smoothly. Will pray for you.

Sassy~you sound so productive...I used to feel that way...now too wiped to do anything. When you are finished with your house want to come here??? I have plenty to go thru and clean out.

:wave: to everyone else

Well, I guess I am doing a little better, I went to the laundromat and got the sleeping bags done, and I went to the store to pisk up a new chair for next week. Oh I forgot I spent the morning drying out the tent too, so I guess I got more done than I thought. Today will be a few small trips to the store, and trying to get the house cleaned up a little b4 we leave...DH is home today so that will help. Have to get moving as I forgot to go to the DMV for a new vehicle sticker...the old one expires on Monday..OPPS!

tommysgirl18
06-27-2008, 03:52 PM
just stopping by....while I have a second.

things have been chaotic here since early this morning, and well, in all honesty, I don't see them getting any easier any time soon! but enough about that, I stepped on the scale this morning and I am back down to 230.8 so that was a nice thing to see! now, if I can just get out of the 230's and into the 220's that would be even better!

diva1156
06-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi Ladies....been MIA (graduations and family events and swamped at work) and in while I was gone the "crash" happened and wiped me from the system....so I am back! Had to set up a new account.

suetalks
06-27-2008, 11:01 PM
We are under a severe storm watch and earlier had a windy, rainy one blow through here. But earlier today it was way too hot. We went to run errands and also to look at cars at a tent sale. I drove a new Buick and we are "thinking" about it. Have to trade my car in, but have also been thinking about a "fun" car, an HHR. So tomorrow we are off to that dealer and will then decide.

DH grilled burgers and hot dogs and Mom made potato salad for dinner. I didn't have to cook..yay! On the flip side however....it wasn't the least bit OP for me today.

Alright...off to bed. Thank you all for your concern. My appt. is Thurs. and I am not unduly worried. Been through worse with the melanoma. I do appreciate your good wishes!

tommysgirl18
06-28-2008, 02:11 AM
just popping in here while I have a second.....

things are a lot smoother around here, so I am happy about that!

I took the boys to the pool again on Friday and then Tommy brought Marissa over to get us so that we could eat dinner. we then took them to bike night, and then off to find a spot for us to sit for the fireworks! a lot of walking was done....including both up and down in a parking structure, using NO elevators, just the ramps!

upswife
06-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Just a quickie...have to get the laundry folded, go shopping and pack the coolers, and DH and I still have to pack our clothes...plus I remembered that we have to get our pictures off of the sprint site...as we are canceling the contract. HAve to run...later ladies!

Dixiemae
06-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Hi Everyone~We had some storms rumble through last night! Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. Did a lot of errand running this morning. Got some groceries, post office, Kinkos, SPCA, on and on. Then Ex came by. He seemed happy. Still have not heard about a court date yet. He said he is keeping the dog. I will ask my lawyer about visitation with my dog. Thank you all for telling me about dog visitation. He remembers me, wanted me to scratch his hips like I used to do. He grinned at me. I miss him!!!!!!!!!!

I have to get started mowing the yard or the grass will be taller than me. That should rate as exercise.

OOOOOHHHHH! I don't qualify for Medicade. I was so disappointed. There is a new thing here called H I P. It was suggested I check into that. Also to call the county nurse to see if she can help me find a medical clinic and a doctor. as the county clinic is not taking new clients. I am still without insurance and a doctor.

Sorry for the quick fly by. I will catch ya all later. Pat

tommysgirl18
06-28-2008, 06:54 PM
just popping in while I have a chance to do so.......

the boys were outside with Tommy while he cooked dinner. Marissa was laying down, although I don't think she slept any.

Brandon touched the grill while it was on, so we are getting it under cold water since Logan keeps stealing his bag of ice.

gotta run....dinner is done

Marti
06-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Morning ladies--

Checkin' in this Sunday morning. Been having a great weekend w/DD. Did some clothes shopping, that's always fun.

Still counting points and watching what I eat. Need to incorporate more exercise. The hotter it gets the less I want to exercise! (It was up in the high 90's yesterday. )

Hope you're all doing well. I will do indi's another day......it's DD weekend and we're limiting our computer time....(she's still in bed so I snuck in!)

Have a great Sunday.

pattygirl63
06-29-2008, 10:36 PM
:wave:Hello Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA. I've just been in a strange mood lately and I haven't had much going on. I've come in to read, but just haven't said anything. I will make this a quick one.

Marti - Glad you had a great time with your DD this weekend.

Mindee - What did they decide to do about your bathroom floor? Logan sounds so cute stealing Brandon's ice bag. Hope Brandon didn't burn his hand too bad.

Sassy - Glad things are going better with the lady at work.

Diva - Glad you found your way back to us. I was wondering what happened to our Newbies.

Jane, Sue, Pat, Ruth and Everybody else:wave: I don't mean to leave anyone out. Hope everyone has a great week.

Trish

tommysgirl18
06-30-2008, 12:07 AM
hello every body!

Brandon is doing great! I think he only touched it for a second, but cried forever! so, he sat with some ice on his hand until Logan decided to keep stealing it from him!

we ended up going to the pool last night. I got into the pool with them....then went over to the deeper part of the pool and swam some laps while Tommy watched the boys. Brandon got away from the pole by the steps, and ended up in the middle of the pool. he didn't freak out as much as I would have thought he would have. so, I got a hold of him and told him that if it happens again, to push the water away and I was showing him how to do it.

today we just hung around the house......then went to my in-law's house to pick up the kids laundry. came home, hung out for a little bit with some of the neighbors, and then Tommy made dinner.

Trish~ They said that they are going to probably pull up the damaged piece, put a fan on the wood to dry it out and then put some new tile on top of it.

da fat n da furious
06-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey everyone....

Been so busy,,the weekend flew by.

Marti,,,that is great that you are still going strong. Ive been the complete opposite,,,either i drink the water or eat clean. So this weekend I drank the water.

Mindee,,,burns hurt alot so don't blame Brandon,,,I usually want to cry when I burn myself. Be sure that they really dry out the wood,,,cause it will cause mold if not.

Pat,,,I can tell you really miss your dog. And I hope you can do visitations with him,,,I think the ex is completely rude and uncaring.

Ellen,,,sounds like you had a busy weekend too.

Trish,,,there are days when Im in a mood,,,tired...or just really don't have anything to say. But like you I come in and read. Keeping myself updated.

Sue,,,sounds like a nice car. The procedure you are going to have done sounds like its the same for planters warts. Liquid nitrogen applied,,,very cold,,,but then it starts to burn.

Whewww,,,I went back to the chiropractor,,,my lower back has been hurting,,,too much sitting I would say.
Friday Monte and I went and saw Loverboy,,,a band that was big in the 80's.
That was fun,,,I had seen them when I was 14.,,,so 25 years later I saw them again...have to say they have changed alot,,,but so have I...haha
Went to a wedding on Saturday,,,feel like I pulled a hamstring with all the walking I did in highheels...arghhh
We are having some pretty nice hot weather right now. Hard to sleep at night but I am not complaining,,,just needed the heat.
Well I should get back to work...
later

tommysgirl18
06-30-2008, 02:40 PM
just popping in while the kids are all in their proper corners.....j/k! Marissa and Logan are in their rooms, and Brandon is sleeping on the couch.

the boys already wanted to go swimming this morning! I had to tell them that it rained and it wasn't warm enough for them to go into the pool.

Angie~ The owner said that since all these apartments are old, they are all doing the same thing that our floor in the bathroom is doing. So, I said to him "so what are you going to do about them then?" I will give in the two weeks that he wanted, but if I don't get my floor fixed by then, I will go in and tell him that he needs to fix the whole floor or he will be paying for the hospital bills that my family incur because of his negligence.

diva1156
06-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Hi ya girls! Trying to read everyones posts and get caught up...work has been way too busy today...ugh.

Mindee's post about Marissa reminded me of my (now 28 year old) daughter when she was very young and we went to see fireworks...her dad kept telling her to watch...and after each firework, she would clap and say, "do it again daddy!" She thought he was making the fireworks.

tommysgirl18
07-01-2008, 01:47 AM
doing my nightly pop in.......

my mom called me on Monday and asked what we were doing for the holiday. I said that I have no idea what we are doing. she suggested us going up there, and I told her that if we have the gas money we will be up there. she said that one of my other sisters will be up there, plus another sisters daughters will be up there.

then one of the kids' godfathers called and asked us what we are doing. he works at the race track that Tommy used to work at, and they are shooting fireworks off on Friday.

then Tommy is talking to him, and finds out that they are going to Vegas in August. which didn't seem odd to me, until he said "well, how long are you going to be there?" our friend told him that they will be gone from August 5th to the 10th. Which again, didn't seem odd to me.....what did seem odd to me was that he kept glancing over at me every two seconds. then Tommy finally says "well, I was thinking of doing a little birthday BBQ for somebody here." he hung with our friend and I said "so, were you actually going to throw it as a surprise party for me?" he said "yeah, but then I figured you would start asking a lot of questions when I go shopping and start coming home with all this stuff for it." he said that he came up with the idea on Saturday or Sunday.

we are making more time for the two of us after the kids go to bed. we sat down one night last week, and said that we had to have a mandatory time for just us, weekly massages, and some other things that have escaped my mind right now. but after every thing that has gone on in the past couple of months, it is all really needed!

da fat n da furious
07-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Mindee,,,that is a great idea. Its a great way to keep a good marriage.
Monte and I promised to always take time for each other,,,so most Sundays its either us making breakfast and just hanging out or going out for breakfast. Sometimes its Saturday night...I know after 22 years I enjoy our times together.

Diva,,,that is soo cute your daughter saying that.

Its our countries holiday today, and guess where I am? Yup working....blah

well I better get back to it...

pattygirl63
07-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies,

Just a quick flyby. I talk to Jane this morning and she is still having trouble with her internet server. She couldn't get on-line this morning so I told her I would let y'all know and that she will be back as soon as he gets her service working again. I think she is checking into getting a new server. If you remember the last time this happened she told us it cost $80 an hour plus driving 35 miles to fix it.

Everything around here is better. Just working to stay OP and doing some housework that needs to be done. We don't have any plans for the holiday. Our family who we would get with will be on vacation so we are all planning to get together when they return. So I am cleaning house now so I won't have so much to do when they return.

Hope everybody has a good day.

Hugs,
Trish

tommysgirl18
07-01-2008, 02:55 PM
doing my daily drop in.....

Angie~ So far it has helped us out a lot! and I have felt that we are more connected than we were before.

Trish~ Thanks for letting us know about Jane! have fun with your housework! I think that since we have some closets that Tommy wants to get through, maybe we will stay close to home and do that this weekend.

Dixiemae
07-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Hello Everyone~

Angelia~I do love my lab. He is my soul mate. Some times I think ex keeps him because he knows I want Lakota back so badly. I just imagine some day when he is really sick, needs to go to the vet, and needs lots of care to get well he will show up on my door step with Lakota saying I can have him back.Grrrrr Is your back feeling better?

Pattygirl63~I am glad things are better for you today. When you get done cleaning will you come to my house ;) Just kidding with you! It feels so good to have a nice fresh clean house. I did some house work today too. Feels oh so good. Tell Jane we all said hi!!

Diva~Welcome back.

Ellen~How are you doing today?

I don't want to leave anyone out:wave:

I have done 30 min phone book stepping. I will do more after I take some pain relievers for my knee. I want to weigh 189 or less this week. With my new affirmation, some determination, and accountability I will reach my goal this week!! :) Pat

suetalks
07-01-2008, 10:54 PM
No exercise today...I feel like a slug. Just out of sorts for some reason.

I went to the bank and then to the Home Improvement Store. Mopped floors, cleaned baths and hung curtains. Tomorrow is grocery day after I take Mom to the heart Dr.
Somewhere in there I am hoping the car dealer calls and has found me an HHR. According to the internet search I did they are getting hard to find. Might have to wait for a 2009 model.

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine and planning a nice Holiday. :)

Marti
07-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi girls:

I'm gonna close this and start the next one...299

see ya there!