South Beach Diet - Can you have that on your diet?

View Full Version : Can you have that on your diet?

djett626
06-16-2008, 12:27 PM
:lol: I have been asked that twice today. Once at breakfast and now at lunch. :D

I think it's funny! My food must look good to them.

ladybugnessa
06-16-2008, 12:40 PM
when i first started on the beach over 2 years ago, my friends were shocked at how I ate. I ate fruit. they were like "You can't have that" yeah I can.

I ate cheese "can you have that?"

oy...

Kim_Star060404
06-16-2008, 12:43 PM
When I bring the Taco Bake to work for lunch, everyone is shocked that I can have it. Too funny.

I also take Non-fat Plain Yogurt to work and mix in a calorie/sugar-free drink packet. (The kind made for a bottled water). I've been asked several times if I'm eating a bowl of icing.

~Kim

djett626
06-16-2008, 12:51 PM
When I bring the Taco Bake to work for lunch, everyone is shocked that I can have it. Too funny.

I also take Non-fat Plain Yogurt to work and mix in a calorie/sugar-free drink packet. (The kind made for a bottled water). I've been asked several times if I'm eating a bowl of icing.

~Kim

I've seen you mention that treat before. I'm going to give it a try.. eventually. What flavor do you normally use??

zeffryn
06-16-2008, 12:55 PM
omg djett....the plain yogurt with sf drink mix is SO good.

I used all sorts of flavors, but my favorite was strawberry orange banana Crystal Light.

I don't do it anymore because of the baby and artificial sweeteners, but it is really great.

aerogora
06-16-2008, 01:42 PM
People ask me that too! It's kind of annoying but I just say yes, I can have pretty much whatever I want (just not as much!)!

Marathon Mom
06-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Zeff - welcome back! I've missed your posts...

I tried this the other day w/ some FF ricotta and some orange pineapple crystal light and it tasted like a creamsicle...

Kim_Star060404
06-16-2008, 03:37 PM
I've seen you mention that treat before. I'm going to give it a try.. eventually. What flavor do you normally use??

My favorites are Raspberry and Raspberry Lemonade. I use the Wal-Mart brand and have pretty much tried all of them. The Fruit Punch is good, as is the grape. Apple was WAY too sour for me. But they're so cheap that I can buy a box and try all the flavors. (I have to stock up when we hit a Wal-Mart. I tend to buy 20 boxes of 10 packets at a time. :o)

Melody2006
06-16-2008, 03:50 PM
The other day I had a co-worker tell me to give up the type of water bottle I was using because it's a proven fact that the muscles in ones face used to drink from them is the equivalent of smoking 2 packs a day. You never can win, can you?

kaplods
06-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Gotta love all the "proven facts" we hear over a lifetime.

yoyoma
06-16-2008, 04:20 PM
I read recently that women who use water bottles with nozzles get "smoker's lips" because they are puckering up just like smokers. But any old bottle with a screw top should be fine.

This isn't the article I read, but here's one link I just found on google.

http://www.wcbd.com/midatlantic/cbd/news.apx.-content-articles-CBD-2008-06-02-0010.html