LA Weight Loss - Losers and Friends - June 15 - 22

View Full Version : Losers and Friends - June 15 - 22

Dan2112
06-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Good morning ladies...

Hope your weekend went well...

Ours was fun but too quick.. We shuffled the kids off to camp yesterday, so we have the house to ourselves for almost a whole week.. We celebrated last night in ways you can imagine.....

Yep.. that's right, we put on a movie and promptly fell asleep on the couch... :lol:

Add to that, today is our 13th anniversary.. 13 amazing years!! It's had it's ups and downs of course just like any marriage, but I wouldn't trade them, or Liz for the world...

We're celebrating tonight by going to a nice local restaurant with good, mostly on plan foods.. no fried appitizers or sticky deserts for us, I promise!!!

Go out and make it a POP day!!

Edited to change the "now fried" to "no fried".. Whoops.. Must have been a subconcious slip!! :lol:

MomOfThreeTeens
06-16-2008, 11:26 AM
WOW Somethings going on if I'm the first one to start the new week, cause I havent been around! I've been a slacker and I'm feeling it! So I promise to check in more often and hang around for a few good butt kickings! :kickbutt:
We're leaving for the beach Sunday and I've already told DH that we're walking our tushies off while we're there to counteract all the seafood! LOL :running:

Everybody have an amazing week!!!

Debbie24
06-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Morning everyone,

So the weekend was quick but i was a bad girl this weekend & the scale shows. I'm not going to dwell or list all my wrongdoings i'm just going to simply move on and make better choices this week. Hope you all are with me on that one.

Dan - Happy Anniversary to you and Liz. You are too funny. I hope you guys have a better night tonight. :wink:

Kim - Hope you have a wonderful time at the beach, if you are good all week you wont feel so bad about all the seafood at the beach so theres 1 way to make it a POP week.

Hope its a wonderful week for everyone!

krjpy
06-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Dan - You jinksed me this weekend with your Movie food thread. I haven't had popcorn since Aug 2007 and this weekend I had several handfulls when we took DS to see Kung Fu Panda ... luckily, DH was half way down the bag before I got any for me, so I didn't get any butter on it, which is the only saving grace.

cecil
06-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Hay there all! So I didn't have a great weekend either. I mean the weekend was great! But the food choices were not the best... but then again they weren't the worst either. So I have to stay positive. My Weightloss weeks are up after this week and I am exactly where I was when i got the extra 5 weeks. Sad. Summer is really hard! I hope you all have a great day!

Dan and Liz Happy Anniversary! It's my Aunt and Uncles today too!

JLem311
06-16-2008, 02:35 PM
hey everyone. i have the day off today and also friday, so it'll be a short week for me. i ran around and did some errands today that i put off all weekend. i was pretty lazy this weekend and didn't do much at all. i've been having a hard time with being POP too..just not in the mood to eat much of anything, but i'm trying.

aside from that, i haven't been doing the greatest. it's closing in on about a month and a half before dh comes home and i'm really struggling with everything...life in general. ugh. anyways.

yeah, so that's about it for me today. got more stuff to do around the house. hope everyone is having a great start to their week!

mazda
06-16-2008, 02:45 PM
I was pop and doing great until yesterday :( Not a good night. I blame it on pms'ing....so difficult that time of the month! Up two lbs today...

I decided to do fast forward with oranges for today and tomorrow to cleanse my system.

MomOfThreeTeens
06-16-2008, 04:19 PM
UGH!!! It's way too hot to eat today! I mowed the lawn today and I thought I started early enough so I wouldnt be getting too toasty but no such luck! Thats one way to control the appetite! LOL

Mama Nicole
06-16-2008, 05:39 PM
good day everyone :)

Dan........your, "good morning ladies....." reminded me of Charlie's Angels...:lol:. Happy anniversary to you and Liz. Enjoy your almost week off from the kids.............I honestly can't imagine that. I hope you are able to enjoy it :)

Kim#2.......good to see you. The beach.......sounds wonderful! I have been wondering where you have been.

Jillian........chin up girl.........if the sun is shinig..........get out there and soak it up!!! :)

Debbie......great attitude. Guilt never served anyone. I wasn't POP.......but I was darn close......... close enough to call it OP......so I am happy about that. I just can't recover from a bad eating weekend by monday......so I have to stay OP on the weekends. One day, I wll beable to bounce back as quickly as you. I am thinking that you really are kicking your inner fat girl's a$$, cuz look at you go :)

Mazda......PMS sucks. That's all I have to say about that :)

Cecilia.....yeah, summer can be complicated with WL.....but you can do it!!!! Today is a brand new day..........stay with us...POP POP POP POP POP!!! :)

Kelly...shhh, don't tell anyone...but i had a bit of movie theater popcorn too.....and it tasted REALLY good :) The good news is......that was the most unhealthy thing I had all weekend.......so, not too shabby, right?

Hey Katie.....I'm gonna need your cheese recipes. DH mentioned that he would love to make his own pepper cheese.....and I said, "whoa whoa whoa, wait a second.......my fat friend, Katie makes her own cheese.......you know, the one who gave me the homemade laundry soap recipe, and the one who made and sent Emily her labor bracelet? Yeah......she has made two kinds already and says it is pretty good!!!" Oh, just so you all know......I call you all my fat friends for reference.....no offense :lol:. Anyway.........DH was so suprised I hadn't already asked for the recipe.........so, when you have a second, will you please PM it to me, or post it? I am sure a few other homemade geeks will enjoy the recipe :) Thanks Katie......I just love your stuff! You are one of a kind :hug:

Ok, I have to get some work inside of my house today. We have been doing some backyard clean up (brush and stuff), strawberry picking, and playing outside so much that my house is starting to suffer. I hope you are all having a great day......and AMYLOU...........WTF??? Come out come out wherever you are.............
XOXO

equinetcan
06-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Hello everyone,

Well today started off pretty good but lets just say its pretty much tanked. I found out today that my best friend's dh is buying time heart wise. He had a quad bypass last year (14 months ago) and they found out today that 2 arteries are only working at 20% and they aren't sure he can have another surgery. he almost didn't make it through the last one. So they are doing more tests to see what they can and can't do and trying different meds to see if they can help but they weren't very hopeful for long term. He isn't even 50 yet.

So it kinda turned into a bummer day and add to that its monday and geez - I hope the week gets better.

I'll be back later...must go have supper...

Mama Nicole
06-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Oh, Alannah.....that is just awful. Your best friend is going to need you now more than ever. I will be thinking of you.......:hug:
XOXO

ferrarimomof2
06-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Hey guys,

My weekend was great. I stayed on plan even doing the takeoff on Friday and Saturday and the center still has me restricted on certains foods through Tues. I went and weighed in this morning and was down 2.4 lbs. I have officially lost 45 lbs. I also went to BodyFlow class this morning and I am going to try and go to spin in the morning.

Please pray for my DH he has an interview on Wednesday for a position that I think would suit him well.

JulieZ- My DS is almost 7 and still loves me to be around him. I don't even want to think about him getting older and not liking me.

I better get off the computer so DH can use it again.

Have a great night and I will try to do personals later.

Repo girl
06-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Hey guys!

Okay Nicole, here is the article from Mother Earth News that my recipes came from. http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/2008-06-01/Make-Easy-Cheese-Recipes.aspx I have made everything but the ricotta. I have made the mozzarella several times, the cream cheese twice, and the yogurt cheese twice. The yogurt cheese is killer with some crushed garlic and fresh chopped herbs. I love it on crackers. I have taken it to parties and people want to know where you got it tastes so good. If you want to add herbs, garlic, peppers, etc to the mozzarella, add it in when you knead it the second time. I ordered my supplies from New England Cheese supply. Let me know if you have questions! Also, I really think that you could use 2% milk and cut some fat, but I have not tried yet. I have been using whole milk.

BarbaraB
06-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi All, Napa and to visit my in-laws was great, but definitely not POP. Today and tomorrow I'm doing a take off, not because I think it will cancel out my bad behaviour, but just because I need to clean out my system and get back focused. I need to get back to exercising regularly, somehow I eat better when I exercise.

Nicole, what a sweet hat you knitted. Who knows maybe you will have a cold snap. Last week was awfully cold here (California was so very hot though, and I'm not used to it).

Happy anniversary Dan and Liz, 13 lucky years!

Kim, seafood is so healthy if you don't eat it breaded and fried. Have a great time at the beach.

Jillian, Only 6 more weeks! You should start getting excited that he is almost back! You have the luxury of hibernating now if you want to. Focus on whatever the blessings are in your life are right now. It sounds like your DH is a major blessing, and you have those two sweet children that you are blessed to spend more time with. Life really is pretty good, and only likely to get better. Most of our worries that we fill our head with never come to pass, so we spend so much of our energy on things that aren't even true.

Oh Alannah, that is just awful! It is a wake up call for all of us to take better care of ourselves. Many people don't realize that they are damaging their heart until it is too late. A lot of heart disease is preventable if we just eat healthy and exercise. I used to always think I would clean up my act if I ever actually developed heart disease, but then my former brother in law died before he knew he had a heart problem, and he was only 42.

LoisKent
06-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Congrats Dan and Liz you picked a great day to be married. My folks celebrated 46 years of ups, downs and flying pans yesterday and they are still holding hands when they go for walks or ride in the car. Wishing you all the love it takes for you to be able to do the same thing.
It was a great weekend here even with a graduation party and my folks annivesary I stayed pretty well on plan. Cheated a wee bit with a couple small slivers of cake is all.
Well I owe I owe so off to work I go ! You all have a great day

Lois

gonnabe
06-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Good morning Everyone!
I spent yesterday recovering from the weekend. It was crazy busy! Friday night the girl' had a party at the dance school and then we went out for our anniversary (10 yrs.) I have to confess, I wasn't very good, Friday night. Saturday we had 2 birthday parties, where I was very good and Sunday we went out for Father's Day with the family where I was okay.
I didn't get on the treadmill yesterday, but I'm going to try really hard today to make time for it. I was doing so good last week! I stocked up on fresh fruits and veggies yesterday at the store. Actually, I did very good at the store yesterday, my cart was very impressive looking!

Dan - Happy Anniversary to you and your wife!

Dionne - I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and your husband Wed.! Good Luck to him!

BarbaraB - I hear you about the exercise and eating better. That's why I did so great last week! I was on the treadmill everyday and it really does make a huge difference in my eating habits. So let's get moving!

Alannah - I will keep your friend and her husband in my prayers. Hopefully they will find something to help him.

Have a great day everyone!

ferrarimomof2
06-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Good morning everyone,

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Dan- Happy Anniversary!!!!

Alannah- I will keep you all in my prayers.

Gonnabe- That's the spirit just get right back on the wagon and don't spend your energy worry about the bad stuff you ate. I know how you feel about your cart looking impressive. I have gotten when I go to the store I look at buggies and then the people and think how could you eat that stuff it is so bad for you. I know that probably sounds bad considering I was one of those people and still have my slip ups. I just wish we could get it across to people to eat better.
Thanks for the good luck wishes for my DH.

He is gone on an interview this morning. They called him yesterday about 4:30 and someone else emailed him last night wanting to set up an interview. So, please continue to pray for us. I know that God has a plan for us. Thank you all for all the support for me and DH during this stressful time.

I hope that everyone has a great day.

4princesses
06-17-2008, 01:12 PM
*prayers* for you and your husband Dionne, I know there is a perfect job out there!

How is everyone starting off this week? I was back down 2.2 lbs so I think what I am doing is working.. I will see how the next WI goes. I am so busy but will try to catch up later.

*hugs*

Elizabeth

Debbie24
06-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Afternoon Everyone :).

Ack i did horrible yesterday, definitely not like i planned. OK so i wasnt totally horrible but i ate a few too many M&Ms. We went to M&Ms world on sunday and i just cant keep myself away from them. Do you all notice that you feel horrible and down if you dont eat right? I was in such a down mood yesterday and i honestly think it was because i ate some things i wasnt supposed to. I just feel sluggish and different. Anyway enough of that. Today is a new day and i'm doing great so far.

Nicole - I had great intentions to do good yesterday but as you can see it didnt go so great. I find it hard to bounce back also after a day of not being OP but i did have good intentions to. I'm definitely trying harder today and i know that if i'm good today then the rest of the week will get easier. I'm glad to hear that you were good over the weekend and hope you are still going strong. :)

Alannah - sorry to hear about your friends DH.

Dionne - WTG on doing TO over the weekend. That takes strength. Yay for being 2.4lbs down, thats great. GL to your DH today & tomorrow, hope he gets something.

Barbara - GL with TO!

Elizabeth - WTG on being down!

:wave: Katie, Lois, gonnabe

Well i'll catch up with you all later, hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Mama Nicole
06-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Good morning everyone :)

I hope you are all having a fantastic day!!! I am........I started my day by giving my beautiful grandbaby a tubby! Life is good. Here is a picture of her yesterday in a dress my mother saved from when I was a baby. How cool is that, huh?
http://inlinethumb16.webshots.com/41935/2313025460099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2313025460099958805QuFPtr)

In a few days I will take a picture of her in Emily's first dress and post it. It is so fun to dress up these little gifts from God :)

Dionne.....I will be thinking of you and your DH :)

Elizabeth......so good to see you.......and WTG on a great loss!!!!

Katie, Katie, Katie.........you ALWAYS come through for me. I forwarded the page to DH and he will probably go pick the stuff up after work. I am lucky living in such a metropolitan area........we have a ton of tree hugger stores around here......so finding the supplies should be easy. You know, I will never ever forget you now..........there are so many things in my everyday life that are thanks to you :) As I was making my laundry soap this morning......I found myself smiling away thinking of how very lucky I am to have you, and all of you as friends. So many of you have touched my life in so many ways......and although I will most likely never have the pleasure of sharing a cup of coffee with any of you.........you are in my heart now :) Oh, boy.....here I go..........:lol:. But really......thanks again Katie.....for your recipes and soooooo much more :)

Ok, time to go change that laundry now.............keep your chins up ladies.....and Dan........one meal at a time.........eat for energy today :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
06-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Debbie.........didn't see your post, as it took me about a half an hour to get my post together.

So, as far as feeling crappy after a non POP weekend............this is what I think............I think a few extra M&M's really can't make you feel that bad......but your inner fat girl can be fueled by even 2 of those little bites of heaven. She is trying to get you......but you and everyone here knows you are way too strong for her. I am happy to hear you are better today. It is so hard not to let our brains (inner fat girl) bring us down when we are less than perfect. Perfect is a bunch of junk. It really is. It is too high of an expectation.....and we all do it.......a lot....but if you can keep in mind that we all make a few bad choices now and then and keep your chin up........everything works itself out. One bag of M&M's does not make you fat :) Make it through today.....and change your mind :)
XOXO

Dan2112
06-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Hey all..

Hope everyone's having a good day so far.. Our anniversary night out was fun but frustrating at the same time..

We went to a local place called "Whisque" that is kind of an upscale BBQ and steak place.. We've been there once before and the food was incredible.. So I went with what I had last time.. NY strip steak... We started out with a light fruit and cheese plate.. Just the right portion...

Then the steak came and I could tell right away it was over cooked.. I had asked for medium and it was just about "well"... So I sent it back.. 10 minutes later another steak emerged and it was better, but not quite right.. I was hungry and it was "better", so I just ate it.. It was like eating two different steaks.. If you cut it right down the middle, the part on the right side of plate was "medium to medium well.. But when I got to the part on the left, it was definetely well.. So I told that to the server and the manager came over and was very apologetic... So they took my $25 meal off the ticket and gave us a dessert, which was nice of them... I won't tell you what they brought for us, but suffice to say it was good...

Other than that, it was a great evening... Thanks all, for your well wishes!

jewljz
06-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Dan - you must tell us what the dessert was! Since I don't eat dessert, I can only relish in other peoples adventures!

Dan2112
06-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Uh uh... I'm embarassed...

MomOfThreeTeens
06-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Dan you tease!!! You have to tell us!

I got a call today from the assistant manager at the COD. She called to tell me that the corporate office called and talked to them. They want to interview me about the possibility of doing an LAWL commercial! If that doesnt kick my butt back into gear then nothing is gonna work! LOL I'll let you know what happens!

Debbie24
06-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Morning everyone!

Well i was good yesterday and 1 day being good makes it easier the rest of the week for me. I wasnt POP because i didnt get everything in but i didnt have anything that wasnt OP. I'm pretty busy lately and its hard to find time to eat all that food. Before LAWL I never thought i would have that problem. :lol:

OMG tho i'm getting pretty tired of eating the same ol'. I love apples and i'm not even in the mood to eat that. I'm getting picky with my fruit and meats, everything else seems ok. Maybe its the heat, i'll have to find a way to mix things up a little so i dont get bored. Maybe i need to try a new recipe. I'm not even in the mood to cook lately also so no inspiration there. Anyway enough of that.

Nicole - I'm doing pretty good staying away from those m&ms now :). Its wednesday and i'm still holding on to alot of water weight, maybe thats the weathers fault also. :lol: My ring is stuck and its been fitting since i was 145lbs so i'm sure its water. - Your grandbaby is such a cutie! She's getting so big already. That dress is so cute and i cant believe its yours. How is your daughter doing?

Kim - Congrats on getting the call for a commercial. Yeah i think thats definitely motivation so get with it!. GL

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Dan2112
06-18-2008, 11:30 AM
OK fine...

They brought us this little mini-iron skillet with a freshly baked and still very gooey chocolate chip cookie in the bottom, topped with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream...

It was just horrible... :lol:

Repo girl
06-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Nicole- Awww, you are such a doll. Lately I have really needed a pick me up, and you have been there for me. Thank you. About the cheese, yesterday I made ricotta and mozzarella and homemade whole wheat lasagne noodles. That was the best lasagne I have ever had. I used turkey italian sausage. I did use canned sauce. Tomates are so expensive around here right now that I just can't see buying enough to make a good sauce. So, if you really want to impress somebody, make lasagne. You will be so glad that you did!

So, my birthday is next week, and we are having a party Friday night. It is the summer solstice and a full moon. We are going to have a bonfire, make pizza, and have a good time. So, of course you are all invited! I am so excited. The summer solstice is going to bring in a lot of good energy to the planet. Dang, don't we need it!

Dionne- Sending good vibes your way to your DH and the job situation.

Jillian- Summer solstice is coming, things are going to start feeling a lot better.

Dan- Yeah, I'll bet that really sucked, LOL.

Debbie- Try making a melon salsa to eat on your grilled meat. I make mine with chopped cantaloupe, a chopped tomato, chilies, cilantro, lime, and little chopped mint. It makes me want to eat grilled chicken.

Kim- I can't wait to turn my TV on and see you on there!!!

Have a good day everyone!!!!

Mama Nicole
06-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Good afternoon everyone! It is kinda quiet around here lately. Is everyone too busy hogging down to type? :lol: Just playin'.....it's probably just the summer weather.

So, I have been really good since Maria was born.......and I am down about 10 pounds.....but now nothing for over a week or so. I know, I know......it will come.....but it totally sucks when the sclae is the devil. I'll just have to put it away for a while.........that usually helps.

Katie.........did you purchase tools for your cheesemaking? I haven't even really read the site, but DH did some and he wants to buy tools. You know how men can be.........:lol:

Dan.........you dirty dirty dog. I bet your dessert was YUMMY!!!! I hate you! :lol:

Hey, where has Liza been? Come out come out wherever you are.......

Alannah...how is your friend's DH? How is your friend? How are you? I keep thinking of you.........

Dionne...........keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family today. A man needs to work.

Debbie....glad to hear you are feeling hopeful again. You know, just this morning I was thinking of you getting so close to goal, and then I remember that you are nursing a baby......and I just want to step up my compliments to you. I nursed 5 kids, and I was always soooo hungry when I was nursing, that I never could stick to a diet. So, good fo ryou, girl!

Kim #2...........I hope we get to see you in a commercial. I think it is so cool how they have continued to support you! When do you leave for the beach?

Julie.....I know exactly what you mean about living vicariously through other people's food fun.........It took me about 10 minutes in the candy aisle last night at walgreen's to pick out a treat for 12 yo DD for babysitting:) It was sooooooooo fun!!!!

Eliabeth......how is your summer going with the girls home? How old is your oldest again? My three girls are 17, almost 13, and 10......and we are starting to feel a bit of the drama. For the most part they have been pretty mellow......but I think the hormones are beginning to take over..........

I miss you Amylou...........

Ok, time to get back to work.....or should I say TO work, as I spent the morning shopping with 3 yo DS. Have a great rest of the day, everyone :)
XOXO

Repo girl
06-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Nicole- I only bought some cheesecloth and a nice digital thermometer. I have been using my crockpot to keep milk at a constant temp for many hours like for yogurt cheese. Word has it though, that my sisters bought me a hard cheese making kit for my birthday, and that my mom may have bought me a yogurt maker, which is good for cheesemaking as well. I told DH that he should probably buy me a cow!

MomOfThreeTeens
06-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Nicole-Maria is beautiful! We leave for the beach Sunday morning. I cant wait to be a beach bum for a few days!

Barbara-I promise to try to keep the breaded and fried seafood to a minimum! I've already made a promise to myself to walk twice a day while we're there. That should help!

Katie-Now you've got me wanting to attempt cheese making!

equinetcan
06-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Hello everybody,

Is it the weekend yet? I've already worked enough for a full week and its only wednesday and I still have more to do tonight. I will be so glad when the last of this project is implemented and maybe I can have a couple of relatively "normal " weeks for work.

Nicole - friend's DH doesn't know anything more yet. The Drs are still doing their thing and he has to get an appointment to go to the heart specialist hospital in a neighboring city so we wait. But thank you for asking - I appreciate it.

I am doing ok - no POP but not too bad either.

Congrats to everyone that is doing so well these days!

BarbaraB
06-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Kim, how long will you be gone? I'm sure you'll get a lot of exercise there, as walking on the beach is so relaxing. Is it just you and your DH? Hopefully the water is warmer where you are going than it is off the coast here, as I think it runs about 50 degrees and even just getting your feet in the water, they will hurt.

Nicole, Maria is so sweet looking! Good job on staying on track and losing 10 pounds. That is enough to really feel the difference. The rest will come, only the scale moves in mysterious ways.

Katie, Cheese making sounds fascinating. You are one industrious lady. Happy birthday in advance, and I hope you have a great party.

MomOfThreeTeens
06-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Barbara-We'll be gone Sunday-Friday. The ocean in SC is great this time of year. It says the surface temp of the ocean is 81. And yes, me and DH are going alone. First time in almost 10 years that we've taken a vacation alone.

Alannah-I hope life calms down for you soon!

Katie-Happy early birthday!! Have an awesome time!

Debbie24
06-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Morning everyone!

Where are you all? Man the summer will be slow around here huh.

Katie - Thanks for the info on the melon salsa, i'll have to try that. Sounds yummy.

Nicole - Thank you. I'm so proud of myself because its been tough with BF. We've had so many struggles from the beginning but i'm happy to say that 11mo (today) later we're still doing it. He's a 1 sided nurser and so we nurse all the time so he gets enough & i'm happy that i'm sticking with the diet because honestly if i wasnt i would not be eating enough fruits & veggies & food in general as i should while nursing so its been good. It also helps that LAWL requires so much food because if i tried the no eating diet it wouldnt have worked out at all. I have no idea how you nursed 5, thats awesome. I regret not fighting for it with my 1st 2. I nursed my 1st for 5 days maybe and my 2nd for 2mo but i stopped because my doc was an idiot, a whole other story. Anyway i was determined with Dylan and its so rewarding i could have never understood how much if i hadnt done it. Thank you so much for thinking of me and its really nice to hear that.

:wave: everyone else.

I'll be back later on to check on you all. :)

ferrarimomof2
06-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Hey everyone,

Just doing a quick checkin. I went to WI yesterday and was up .2. I know that is not a lot. I have no idea what my body is doing. I am not discouraged though. My DH interviews went good. He has a second interview with one company when we get back off vacation and another one lined up also when we get back. Thank you all for the prayers and please keep us in them.

My DH insisted I go get my hair done yesterday. So, I did. It made me feel better. I will try to post a new pic soon. I better get going and clean up and start packing. Oh I almost forgot to tell ya'll. I went to the Goodwill store yesterday to buy me some shorts for vacation. I bought size 10's and they were not tight at all. I was so happy. I got 5 pair of jean shorts and a shirt for less than one pair of DH shorts cost. It was great. I don't want to pay a lot of money for shorts that I am not going to wear for long. (See I do have some optimism :) :) HAHA!!) Well, I really better go. Have a great day.

Mama Nicole
06-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Whoohooo, Dionne! Great job on the size 10's.

Debbie.........isn't it funny how challenging yet rewarding BFing can be? Mine were all a little different and nursed anywhere from 9 to 18 months. Funny how much impact our Docs can have on our success w/ BFing. I had a family doc when I had my first, and he was very honest when he told me that he really only had to take one nutrition class in med school (I took it later in life......it's mostly chemistry) and that if I had questions I should really contact the Le Leche League. I was fortunate to find them with my first, because their advice, along with the great support of my mom is what I owe my success in BF to. So many times in those first few weeks, I wanted to quit.

Ok, I know I skipped over a lot of stuff....but I gotta get some work done today :) I will try to check back later. I did NOT WI this a.m.......I will wait until tomorrow........I hope it is good new :)

Have a good one, everyone!
XOXO

Mama Nicole
06-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Nicole- I only bought some cheesecloth and a nice digital thermometer. I have been using my crockpot to keep milk at a constant temp for many hours like for yogurt cheese. Word has it though, that my sisters bought me a hard cheese making kit for my birthday, and that my mom may have bought me a yogurt maker, which is good for cheesemaking as well. I told DH that he should probably buy me a cow!

:lol: Katie, I just saw this post.......you are too freekin' funny!!!]XOXO

BarbaraB
06-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Dionne, Size 10! that is great! I found that I didn't actually end up getting rid of all of the "transition" clothes. I like having some things a couple of sizes too big. 0.2 pounds is just noise... I doubt the scale is even accurate enough to determine that, and if you got on it again it would show no gain.

Nicole, Hope the scale is nice to you tomorrow. You are doing so good lately. Summers seem to agree with you. Must be having all the kids home running you around all day. How is Emily?

Debbie, You should be proud! Look how close you are to goal and to do it while breast feeding too. That is an accomplishment. You are likely both healthier for you having made that effort, as I did breast feed for about 5 months, so I know it is an effort. I found it totally unworkable when I went back to work though. Just looking at the clock during a meeting did me in, and I had to sit in that stupid meeting for another half hour trying to pretend that things were not leaking all over before I could go to the ladies room. There is only so much you can do sitting there in a room of male engineers really.

Mama Nicole
06-19-2008, 03:30 PM
:lol: Barbara.....I can only imagine how you must have felt during your breast feeding months at your meetings......you gave me a little chuckle. Had they only known.......:lol:.

Mama Nicole
06-19-2008, 03:32 PM
oh, also.....i think you may be right......summer months must agree with me. I do love winter.....but maybe that is just cuz I am baking yummy stuff all winter long......:lol:

gonnabe
06-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Good morning!
I hope everyone is having a good morning! It is the first day of summer vacation here! I cannot believe how fast the school year went! I am so glad to have her home, but I so don't want her to go to first grade. Kindergarten was only 1/2 day, so at least I had her home most of the day. I know the summer is going to go by way to fast. I'm going to try and make the most of every moment with them.
I had an okay day yesterday. I did cheat with a very small bowl of popcorn last night. And I didn't workout at all. I'm going to try to get a workout in today. I need to clean the house first. Big night tonight -- Camp Rock is on! We will be entertaining a house full of little girls this evening for the big event!
It will be very hard to resist all the yummy treats. I think I might feel a take off coming on Monday. But I'm going to try hard to be good.
Have a great day everyone!

Repo girl
06-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Oh yeah, we have big Camp Rock mania going on here too! I have already set the DVR to record it. I took my girls to see Hannah Montana and the Jonahs Brothers in concert last fall. Ever since then, they are HUGE JB fans.

Mama Nicole
06-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Wow......where is everyone? I have been cleaning like a mad woman today cuz I am going to take the kids swimming this evening.........and last night I didn't do much of anything cuz I was really tired..and I even went to bed by 10:30.....which is a miracle for this girl.....only to be awoken by DD and baby Maria at 11:30ish. Little baby Maria didn't go back to sleep until 4:30 a.m. You would think I would be dead on my feet.....but I haven't really stopped moving, so, so far, so good :)

I hope you all have a POP weekend planned. I do. I am going to give myself a little weekend challenge. I am looking for a 0.4 lb loss. I have been at 215.8ish for almost two weeks now.....and this a.m. I WI at 216. I just need to see 215.6, and I will be satisfied. That's not too much to ask, is it?

Hey Barbara......I've been meaning to ask you......how is DD liking her condo?

Ok, time to get back to work before I get too comfy here in this chair ;) Have a great day and weekend everyone :) Oh, and Gonnabe.....you can be a POPstar tonight :)
XOXO

BarbaraB
06-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Hey Nicole, DD loves the condo. She says she is never moving out. She starts summer school next week, so more tuition to pay. Only two classes over the summer and she will work 3 days a week. Her dad sees so much more of her than I do since she works at his company. She just got back from San Francisco last night, as we bought her a ticket down to go to her cousin's graduation and then she spent the rest of the week with her former room mate who spent the year in Austria doing the study abroad program. Apparently they had a great time. I'm going to really stick to my plan this weekend. No weekend exemptions. My DH has been doing the plan with me since Monday, even doing the TO with me.

Gonnabe, So great that you get to spend the time with your kids. They grow up fast.

Its quiet in here lately.

Sige
06-20-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm new, but I'm here! I got deleted in the *great crash* and haven't posted much after that.

I'm doing well...staying POP...gained 1.8 lbs in 2 days because I had 6 (yes 6) spider bites and swelled up like crazy all over my legs. We are assuming that this is what it was because I hadn't gone up before this and I'm back down lower today than I was a week ago. Weird.

Anyway, planning on being a good girl this weekend and try to get some more exercise. I'm trying to convince my other half that we need to buy some mountain bikes!

Have a good one all,
Peggy

Repo girl
06-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh Peggy, that sucks that you got deleted!

Nicole- Have fun swimming!!!

Barb- Have a good weekend!

JLem311
06-20-2008, 08:39 PM
hey everyone. i had the day off today and didn't do much today at all. got a good nap in and that's about it.
hope everyone has a good weekend.

BarbaraB
06-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Jillian, sometimes a nap is the best thing for you. We so often deprive ourselves of sleep, and they say that tends to contribute to weight gain.

Peggy, If you can see the swelling, then I'm sure that was the cause of the gain. It is likely that you swelled more than the scale showed, as you could easily have had a loss otherwise.

Katie, Happy Birthday and have a great soltice celebration! I hope you get whatever you need to make cheese!

Mama Nicole
06-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Wow, Jillian.......you broke into the 70's..........whooohooooo!!! :carrot:

And Katie....:bday2you: :bday2you:Happy Birthday dear Katie:bday2you: :bday2: :celebrate: :gift: :woo: :balloons: Wish I could take you out for coffe :):cofdate:
XOXO

JLem311
06-21-2008, 01:23 PM
aww, nicole you're so sweet! :)
how's emily (and her body) recovering from the birth of maria?

i've been up since 7am today..got up, went and had coffee (alone..sad!) and then went tanning (bad, i know!) and then went and got groceries. now i'm going to go over to the kids house and chill with them and we're going to get their pool set up and make dinner and have s'mores for dessert! :)

so yeah..i've been quite productive today. i'd rather be sleeping or just chillin' by myself, but i need to hang with the kids too.

anyways...
oh and happy bday to katie! enjoy your day!

cecil
06-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Jillian! Your goal is right around the corner! How does that feel!?
Congrats! Hi to everyone else! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Mama Nicole
06-21-2008, 08:24 PM
http://inlinethumb63.webshots.com/27582/2413142780099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2413142780099958805Autxsb)

Sige
06-21-2008, 08:31 PM
She's a sweetie Nicole!

JLem311
06-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Jillian! Your goal is right around the corner! How does that feel!?
Congrats! Hi to everyone else! Hope you all have a great weekend!

yeah, i'm excited! :) i really want to get to 170 though, i just haven't gotten around to fixing my ticker. :)

Sige
06-22-2008, 02:38 AM
Do any of you sleep in on the weekends, have a couple of relaxed cups of coffee and then not miss breakfast because it's time for lunch when you finally eat? If so, how do you get around that...? Do you eat extra or is it just a lost meal?

Mama Nicole
06-22-2008, 11:15 PM
ah, very interesting question.......as this is what I try to do every at least one day each weekend. I usually try to get in my exchanges, but go for nice lite ones. It doens't always work, but I try :) It is always better to have a little bit of breakfast with your first cup of coffee though :)

jewljz
06-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Nicole - she looks like a porcelain doll! Adorable!

Sige - weekends are extremely difficult for me, I pretty much starve on the weekends because I never know what we are doing or where we are going. I try my best to snack on veggies and will usually have an OP breakfast, but don't think I've EVER gotten in all my foods on the weekends. I always end up fessing up on mondays and they always cringe at my diary...

Summer has been pretty fun and interesting so far, since my project at work is on a break, things have been really slow at work so I haven't had to put in OT... which gives extra time in the morning and afternoon to spend with the kiddos. We finished swim lessons up, my DD really took to it! I'm hoping to spend more time in the pool with them before they go with my parents to Colorado. I've been acting as "summer coordinator" for my oldest DS, I'm constantly on the phone making arrangements for him to go here or there with friends! I sure hope he realizes how much work that is! We did the dentist last week and found cavities in his permanent teeth! He is finally taking brushing seriously! Poor thing will have to get them filled on Wednesday, he's a little nervous...

Hope everyone else's summer is going great :)