100 lb. Club - Accountability/menu/planning - week of June 15 - 21...

Beverlyjoy
06-16-2008, 05:29 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you need accountability? Support? A place to post your menu or your workout plan? Or, do you just need to chat? Please join us on this weightloss journey

Beverlyjoy
06-16-2008, 05:54 AM
Hi chicks - I had a wonderful weekend with family. :D The wedding was beautiful Friday, I stayed with my plan. Saturday, I did eat some extra. Sunday, I hopped right back on plan. I am grateful. :)

I loved spending all that time with my family. My fifteen month grandson is such a joy. :)

appointments

log food
stretches
ice/heat
PMA
meditation

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana

lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, green beans

snack - fruit

dinner - 12 pancake, soy bacon, sf syrup

snack - cereal, flax, raisins, milk

Merksie - remember, cleaning IS exercise! :)

Mj5 - glad you got back to the gym. :) I LOVE strawberry season too!

Sunshower - Welcome! Jump right in and start posting. :):)

Darkblue - Hi - hope all is going well. :)

Math Puppy - so glad your partner is jumping in on the exercise bandwagon too. It makes it more doable and fun. :)

I hope you all have a GREAT day.

Merksie
06-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Happy Monday everyone!

Here's my accountability report for last week (6/8-6/14):
Average daily calorie deficit: -708
Walked 5+ miles on 3 days; walked 3+ miles on 2 days
Weight loss: up 3 pounds :?::mad::?:

I know the fluctuation is probably some water retention from the heat and humidity, but I'm still so annoyed . . . it would have been really nice to see some results from week one back on plan. Oh well . . . when the going gets tough, the tough get going, and I'm going to get going to the park right now!

mathpuppy: the cruise sounds like great motivation to stick with those excellent exercise plans of yours . . . good luck with your next belt

mj5: so glad you had the chance to spend time with a friend just when you needed it most

bev: Yup, since I tend to procrastinate with the cleaning, there was a LOT to do :o! Your weekend sounds wonderful . . . and kudos to you for staying on plan 2 out of 3 days!

Schmoodle
06-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Beverlyjoy, congratulations on doing so well staying on plan. I'd call that a victory! Glad you had a nice time with your family.
Merksie, don't worry the scale will catch up with you. Just be patient, it's very hard sometimes when you feel like you are doing everything right and not getting results, but it happens to us all. Usually it's TOM, or too much salt, etc.
Hi mathpuppy, sorry nobody was around yesterday. It's good to see you back. The cruise sounds wonderful.
I had a pretty good, on-plan, productive and relaxing weekend. Just a couple of very minor slips. We had my folks over last night for a Father's Day BBQ, and I've got a bunch of grilled chicken in the fridge, so no cooking today, hooray! I am starting off the week on a sad note, as my brother and SIL have split up - after almost 20 years.

Okay, on to the plan:
B - 2 turkey bacon and egg cups, tomato juice
S - piece of cheese
L - 3 Bean Salad, some turkey breast, cream cheese, and veggie wrap
S - nonfat latte
D - Grilled chicken salad
S - Ricotta with strawberry rhubarb compote

BTW, in case anyone thinks I do a lot of snacking, well, I do! I always plan for three, but usually I skip either the morning or afternoon one, unless I am having a hungry day.

mj5
06-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Merksie--Hang tough, like schmoodle said, the scale will catch up! How was the park?

Schmoodle--Yahoo for no cooking! Sorry to hear about your brother and sil.

I must be feeling better b/c I am actually looking forward to my trip to the gym tonight. It is really my time to unwind and I really need it. Plus, I have been really making an effort to divide up my To Do List at work (as best I can), rather than trying to conquer it all in one day.

Have a great on plan day everyone!

GirlyGirlSebas
06-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi Friends

I am so sorry to report a 2lb gain for this week. I'm officially a mess diet-wise. My men...Hubby and Dad...have been giving me issues lately and I've turned to the food. I wish I could find my "switch" that would enable me to get control over my emotions and stressors and not let them control me. A friend has recommended I delve into Bob Harper's book, so I'm pulling it out again today and will work my way through it. I set-up my crockpot last night with my steelcut oats, so I'm starting off on the right foot today. Hubby has agreed to start walking with me again this evening. We may have our issues sometimes, but he's so great about exercising with me.

I'm struggling, but I've not given up.

Darkblue
06-16-2008, 11:45 AM
(oops...sorry...double post from the old thread--didn't see the upgrade in time!)

Math Puppy--it's been quiet around here lately. I guess a lot of people are just busy with summer plans. The fresh lettuce sounds wonderful! Orange belt? Wow. I barely made it to yellow in Tae Kwon Do years ago, and have an idea how much work that takes! Good luck! A cruise to Mexico sounds great, too. i've never been on one and would love to try it!

mj5--a girlfriend chat on a porch sounds like an ideal summer fun thing to do. *hugs* to you for missing your dad.

Beverly--sounds like you had a great weekend! Congrats on staying on plan!

Merksie--you're doing it "right." Hang in there--I'll bet you see a big loss this week!

Schmoodle--sad news about your family. Twenty years is a long time. :(

Rhonda--I think sometimes that men don't have a clue. *hugs* Thinking of you.

OK, must back on track today! I had a "vacation" day from my plan yesterday, since we took first my dad and then my DH out to eat.

mj5
06-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi again!

Rhonda--I have been thinking about getting Bob's book. Do you think it's worth it? Sorry to hear you have been dealing w/ some stress. Have fun on your walk!

Darkblue--Good for you for getting right back on plan today! Thanks for the hugs!!!

Beverlyjoy
06-17-2008, 06:08 AM
Hi chicks...I had a good on plan day yesterday :) - I am grateful.

I had a good week last week - managed to do my programs with the help of my teen helper bringing in my 'stuff' to each school and center. The children and teachers were so pleased and I came right home and ice up.

For today:

one program this morning

ice/heat
stretches and chair aerobics
meditate
log food
lots of water
PMA

breakfast - Kashi waffle with peanut butter, 1/2 banana
lunch - cottage cheese, sweet potato, veggies
snack - peach, crackers
dinner - grilled chicken, brown rice, green beans
snack - cereal, raisins, flax, milk

Merksie - sorry about the gain... :hug: it's just not fair when the scale doesn't show all the efforts are putting into living more healthfully and hard work. You have a great attitude.

Schmoodle - So glad you had a good weekend. :) Don't worry about the mini slip - hop right back into your plan. So sorry to hear about your brother and SIL.

MJ5 - it's wonderful that you are looking forward to the gym. :D I am so, so glad that you are starting to feel better! :carrot:

Rhonda - sorry to hear that the guys are giving your issures. :hug: I know it sounds hokey - but, meditatoin, for me, has been so helpful in the past year for dealing with stress and how it affects my relationship with food.. I am so glad you are not giving up.

Dark blue - a vacation day is OK every now and then...life happens...just hope right back on. You CAN do this! :)

Have a great day, friends.

TamTam
06-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Good Morning. Here is my plan for the day.
9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
1 slice extra fiber bread
peanut butter

2pm-
1 slice extra fiber bread
BBQ roast
banana
beets

7-8pm-
same as 2pm
I offer up my fasting between meals in addition to my prayers, today I am fasting for baby Tyler James who came early and is not doing well.

mj5
06-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Good Morning! We are getting some cooler weather for the next couple days and I am loving it! I am on track for another on plan day today (yea!) Waiting for TOM to go away before I see what the scale says, though.

Beverlyjoy--YEA to another on plan day! Me too, doesn't it feel great?!

CatholicCajun--Welcome!

Tonights plan is arms/shoulders w/ weights and cardio at the gym. Looking forward to it again. Yesterday when I left work I was really tired, but by the time I got home after my workout, I was really energized!

GirlyGirlSebas
06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi Friends!

MJ - I'm not really sure about Bob's book yet. I've not gotten very far into it yet. I'll let you know what I think in the next week or so.

Well, some of you may have noticed that I've been a bit "grumpy" and negative lately. My glass has been 1/2 empty for quite a while now. I haven't been able to get back on track with the weight loss and I'm just disatisfied with my life in general. I've mentioned before that I struggle with depression, so I'm not sure why I'm fighting myself on this and trying to white knuckle my way through life right now. I finally got real with myself and admitted that I need to go back on some anti-depressants and get back on track. I called and made an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow afternoon. Why is mental health such a taboo or difficult subject? I almost feel like I shouldn't even admit my depression here on the threads....as if I have something to be ashamed of. But, I've always been 100% honest about my journey and I see no reason to stop now. Who knows...maybe this will actually help someone else. That would be a silver lining!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

mj5
06-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Rhonda--I am so glad you made an appt for yourself! I know what you mean. Even working in the field and trying to help my residents deal w/ the stigma every day, I felt 'funny' admitting I needed help w/ my anxiety. Bottem line is, I do need help and it's ok! We deserve to feel good and if it takes some help w/ meds, then so be it!

Merksie
06-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone!

I did walk 5 miles in the park yesterday morning, but I spent the day/evening playing bridge & went out to dinner in between sessions. You all know by now that for me, restaurant meals and eating on plan just don't get along, so my calorie deficit for yesterday was a (not so) whopping -31. At that rate, it'd take me over 100 days to lose a single pound :dizzy:

I am meeting some friends for dinner out again tonight, so I'm going to head out for my walk shortly so at least I get my exercise in, and I'm going to try to limit the damage tonight. I have GOT to figure out a way to stay on plan when I'm eating out . . . or maybe become a hermit . . . a THIN hermit ;)

Schmoodle -- a fridge full of grilled chicken - YUM! Sorry bout your bro/SIL.

mj5 -- glad to hear you're enjoying the gym and had another on-plan day - KUTGW!

Rhonda -- good for you for making that appointment - I hope the doctor helps. I'm having some relationship issues too at the moment, and I would love a good read on the emotional eating subject . . . what is Bob Harper's book/also looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it when you're finished.

Darkblue -- congrats on getting back on plan after your day off

Bev -- great job - KUTGW!

Darkblue
06-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Rhonda--I think it takes a lot of strength to be able to say out loud what your struggles are, and know what you need to do to work on them. *hugs* I'll be thinking of you, and hoping things start to look up.

CatholicCajun--Welcome!

Merksie--a five mile walk sounds like great exercise to me! Hanging out with friends is great--you're enjoying yourself and you're not gaining weight! A couple "maintainence" days are ok once in a while.

*waves at Beverly and mj5* Hope your days are going well so far!

math puppy
06-17-2008, 08:30 PM
hey gang!

what a sunny day it was here in the north west. so nice. im going to do some exercises in the back yard for 20 mins then im off to my class. yay for working out. hope to be back for personals tonight, but if not ill catch you all later! have a great night!

Penney
06-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Hey everyone - sorry for fading out there. I guess I kind of decided to stay in my funk for a while. Which I was told that to expect that to happen from time to time -especially during the first year.

I have managed to stay on track with my eating - but I did something to my shoulder and it has been really sore the past couple of days - so I have not been lifting weights. I have been walking though, but I don't think really enough to brag about. :(

Rhonda - looking forward to hear what you think about Bob's book - I read it too.... Good for you on making the appointment - sending lots of positive vibes your way. :D

Looks like everyone is really moving forward - makes me feel like a slug-a-bed.... Good job everyone!! :D

Well - I guess I need to work on getting my best foot forward - I need to make a committment to come here and read everyday - even if I don't post - I get so much encouragement just reading everyone's posts.

Take care all!

Darkblue
06-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Breakfast--Raisin Bran, 2C skim milk, hot tea
Lunch--sandwich--deli-thin turkey, provolone cheese, tomato, dab of mayo, wheat bread, water
Snack--1C cherries
Dinner--slice of pork roast, 1/3C scalloped potatos, 1/2C green beans, one hot biscuit with 1tbs honey, iced tea

1530 kcal, 24g fiber, 30 minutes' walk around neighbhorhood, water

Hope everyone had a great day!

Beverlyjoy
06-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Hi Everyone - yesterday I did well until after dinner - then I overate. I am planning for a good today.

lots of water
stretches
log food
meditation
PMA

breakfast - peanut butter toast, boca bacon, 1/2 banana
lunch - 'fried' brown rice with egg whites, onions, mushrooms, brocolli
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner = turkey and lite cheese wrap, green bean salad
snack - oatmeal, milk, raisins, flax

Have a GREAT day!

Schmoodle
06-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Good morning chicks, I have been lackadaisical about posting here this week, and equally so about my plan. I have been mostly on plan but I'm PMSing big time and I was really hungry Monday. I ate more than planned but mostly healthy stuff, except I did break into my stash of dark chocolate that I keep for the weekend treat. But only 200 calories of damage there, so not too bad, I just figured no treat this weekend. Then yesterday I did have a couple of cookies that were definitely not on plan. I will do better today. I really did mean it about this house being a no-junk zone, it's just going to take a few days to find everything and get it out of here. I had unfortunately forgotten that we had a couple of boxes of Girl Scout cookies in our basement stash, and the kids pulled them out yesterday. By the end of the day, what didn't get eaten went in the trash. This is a really hard thing for me, as I hate to throw away perfectly good food, but I am getting better at it. I have also been down and absolutely no energy for the last couple of days, so exercise has been terrible.
DH is off on a business trip this morning and he'll be back Friday night, so I hope I can take the "alone" time to get my act together. Then on July 3, he leaves for Japan and he'll be gone for 4 months, so my head is kind of spinning trying to think of everything we need to attend to before he goes.

Hugs to you Rhonda, you are doing what you need to do for yourself and I'm proud of you!

Here is my plan to be back on plan today:
B: tomato juice, 2 egg and cheese cups, coffee with milk
S: one cup of grapes, a little cottage cheese
L: refried beans with salsa and cheese, broccoli-cauliflower salad
S: celery with LCLC, nonfat latte
D: submarine sandwiches for the kids, some kind of chef-style salad for me
S: ricotta with strawb/rhub compote

I haven't been drinking my water either so I'm going to get started on that right now, and I'll get a good walk in today, maybe even a WATP. I've got to pull myself out of this!

mj5
06-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone! I am feeling kinda blah today. Hope everyone is having a nice on plan day!

Schmoodle
06-18-2008, 01:04 PM
must be going around mj!

Merksie
06-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm just back from my walk in the park - perfect summer weather here in NYC today. I'm on track for a totally on-plan day :carrot: . . . which is a good thing since yesterday was a fitness plan train wreck :dizzy:

Here's me 'fessing up for yesterday . . . I didn't end up going for a walk after all (another interminable talk with my friend who is staying with me and with whom I am having all sorts of problems wasted most of the afternoon) and I ate & drank way, way too much at dinner . . . I had a calorie surplus yesterday, not a deficit! In retrospect, a Brazilian steakhouse where they just keep bringing the food was a very bad idea . . . but on the bright side, the food was excellent and we had a good time.

Schmoodle -- good work tossing those GS cookies! I also find it really hard to throw food away, but I just tell myself it's equally wasted if it ends up padding my already too-ample bottom. 4 mos in Japan . . . wow, that's exciting. Will you have a chance to visit him there?

Bev -- here's to both of us getting back on track today!

Penney -- it's a great accomplishment to have stayed on track with your eating . . . hope your shoulder feels better soon.

Schmoodle
06-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Merksie, sorry to hear about your slip yesterday, but the important thing is to not let it turn into a looong slide, and sounds like you are right back in the game today.
No, I'd love to visit DH, but he will be on a ship most of the time and I'll be working and taking care of kiddies. We are hoping we can pull together a trip to France in the fall though, which is something nice to look forward to. He is happy, he gets sent lots of crummy places, but he always loves to visit Japan. I will just have to think of something nice he can bring me back - I'm thinking pearls would be good. :D

Darkblue
06-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Breakfast--bowl of Kellog's Smart Start cereal, 1/2 banana, 2C skim milk, lo-cal microwaved bacon, hot tea
Lunch--sandwich--wheat pita bread, turkey, lt mayo, provolone cheese, tomato, avocado slices; water
Dinner--Panera Bread--cup of potato soup, roll, 1/2 of small caesar salad, iced tea

If I'd stopped here I'd have been fine, but no...had to walk past the bakery...but at least I only got a small pecan twist and only ate half of it..:sp:

1840 cal, 28 g fiber

Lots of water, did my mile walk, did housework
---------------------------

Beverly--get back on track today, plan and do it! :carrot:

Merksie--sounds like a fun evening, though! I hope things work out for your friend.

Schmoodle--I love Girl Scout cookies...they are so hard to fight off! Kudos to you for resisting them. I'd not be handling it well if my DH went off TDY for four months. Two weeks at a time are bad enough. Hope your day went well and you're feeling more energetic.

mj5--hope your blah day improved *hugs*

Rhonda--thinking of you *hugs*

math puppy
06-19-2008, 12:47 AM
im so tired today, im going to be early i didnt exercise today and went a bit over plan. grrrr. oh well tomorrow is a brand new day and i have lots of gardening.. kungfu....and a gym visit all planed into it! yay. well im pretty much dead on my feet so i better check out!
have a great day all of you!

Penney- i know exactly how you feel, i am also struggling with commitment and feel that checking in regularly here would benefit me greatly. we can do it!

bevjoy- after dinner is always the hardest

schmoodle- about throwing away the cookies, i know how you feel, i feel the same way. then some one told me "you can either put them in the trash or wear them on your body" suddenly the trash seemed like a better place to put them! you'll pull through! you have lost 62 lbs! you are one of my heroes for that!

mj5- im feeling pretty blah myself, i think a hot bath and going to bed early might help

merksie- lol we gave schmoodle the same advice!

rhonda- you will be in my thoughts. *hugs*

math puppy
06-19-2008, 12:51 AM
okay, confession time!!!

i haven't changed my ticker or even weighed myself since i feel off plan like, a month ago.
i have reached the point where i can emotionally handle owning up to the damage i caused but im not looking forward to it at all!!
ill weigh in tomorrow morning, hold my hand?

(eek!)

Beverlyjoy
06-19-2008, 06:14 AM
Hi chicks: Yesterday I stayed within my calorie range - I am so grateful. I had chocolate, although unplanned, and counted it in. I was soothing myself with chocolate (pieces and parts were hurting) during the day which isn't the best thing to do - but, I edited some other meals and made the day work out fine. However, it's not something I want to do often. I think it's best to PLAN for treats.

Today:

working this am

meditation
stretches
ice/heat
log food
lots of water
PMA!

breakfast- pnb toast with boca bacon, 1/2 banana
lunch - egg white salad sandwich, open face, beets and ff sour cream
snack - cheese, strawberries
dinner - garden burger with lite cheese on lite bun, green beans
snack - oatmeal, raisins, flax, milk

ACK!!!!!!!!! I did the personals and somehow LOST them and they didn't post. :dizzy::(:dizzy: I'll try again later.

Schmoodle
06-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi chicks, I'm plugging along and waiting for that darn whoosh fairy to show up. If any of you have seen her, please send her my way. I was on-plan yesterday.
mathpuppy, hope you did not have too much trauma this morning. Better to face it now than a month from now!
Forced myself to do a WATP yesterday, and I do mean FORCED. And I took a short walk, so at least I did something. Today I will try to do more.
Here's my food plan:
B: oatmeal breakfast bars, coffee with milk
S: egg and cheese cup
L: black beans with salsa and cheese, raw celery and carrots
S: smoothie made with cottage cheese, milk, strawb-rhubarb compote
D: Salmon patty with brown rice, steamed green beans, salad
S: ???

Have a good day chicks!

mj5
06-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone! I am feeling better today, still a little blah, but better. I think part of the reason is it has been far too long since I have had any REAL time off. I am on vacation at the end of July for a week, but that seems like a long way away right now!

So far, totally on plan today! YIPPEE!

Have a great day everyone!

GirlyGirlSebas
06-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi Friends!

Beverly, Merksie, Blue - I admire you ladies for getting right back on track after a slip-up. I can learn a lot from your examples.
Math - Good for you for being honest with yourself! I'm holding your hand...can you feel it?:)
Schmoodle - I have my fingers crossed that you'll get that 'swoosh' soon.
MJ - I'm so glad that you're feeling better today. The doctor still doesn't know what's triggering this? Is your doctor checking all of your hormone levels....estrogen, progesterone, testosterone?

I had my appointment with the doctor yesterday. I have an awesome doctor! He is very knowledgeable about depression and I felt confident with his recommendations. I did start the anti-depressant medication this morning. For the first time in quite a while, I'm feeling optimistic about my life. I'm really hoping that this medication is the right one and the right dosage for me and that I'll find the "real" Rhonda again soon! I'm also very optimistic that I can re-gain control of my eating and actually start to lose weight again. And, another good bit of news, I've decided to go back to school. I've wanted to go back for a long time, but was always putting myself last on a long list of responsibilities to the Hubby and DD's. Well, Hubby and I had a long discussion and he is willing to work with me so I can do this. I'm considering becoming a teacher, so I'm probably looking at about 6 years going part-time. It will be a long haul, but I'm terribly excited about it!

Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.

Merksie
06-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to have to report that I didn't stay perfectly on-plan yesterday as I had hoped . . . I got my exercise in, and I did manage a calorie deficit, but it was small (-145) due to some late-night snacking . Oh well . . . onward and downward today. I've gotten my walk in already, and so far so good on eating.

Bernice (DMPLS) from the 300+ board suggested that it might be fun to post some photos of our walking routes -- I loved the idea, and it was a really nice sunny day here, so I took a few pictures on my walk this morning - they are attached to this post. I'd love to see everyone else's walking routes!

Schmoodle -- Trip to France = tres exciting . . . something really nice to look forward to while your hubby is away! Put me on the list for the whoosh fairy too (although I'm not really sure I deserve a visit after the past few days).

Darkblue -- I've been sneak-attacked by a bakery or two in my time . . . good job eating only half!

mathpuppy -- hope you got some rest and are enjoying your super-active day today.

Bev -- congratulations for managing to work the chocolate into your plan!

mj5 -- glad you're feeling better

Rhonda -- what wonderful, exciting news . . . good teachers can make such a difference in kids' lives.

Description of photos . . . sorry for the poor quality - I used my cell phone, and I'm not a very good photographer!

The lobby of my apartment building as I was heading out to the park this morning.

The entrance to the park.

Grand Army Plaza (SE corner of the park) . . . I liked the juxtaposition of the old-fashioned hansom cabs and the big modern bus!

Pretty spots in the park along my walking route . . . Bethesda Terrace and the Boathouse Cafe.

mj5
06-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi again!

Rhonda--You sound so much better! I am SO glad! I am so happy you are going back to school, too! I see my doctor next week, so hopefully I'll get some answers then (and the results from all of my b/w).

Merksie--Thanks for sharing the pics! They are really cool.

Well, I am off to the grocery store! Have a great night!

Darkblue
06-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Thursday:

Breakfast--2 Kashi whole-wheat waffles, 2tsp butter, 1/8C real maple syrup, skim milk, hot tea, 2 pieces lo-cal bacon
Lunch--Subway 6" sandwich with lots of veggies, iced tea
Snack--the other half of the pecan roll from Panera :(
Dinner--slice ham tenderloin, corn, steamed broccoli, tomato
Snack--1/2C skim milk and two Thin Mint cookies

1630 cal, 19g fiber

Yesterday I was hungry all day long. There are days like that, when it takes all my self control not to just go eat a huge meal. I drank a lot of water, did my weights, went on my mile walk, and still had that "stomach wrapped around the backbone" feeling.

I think I'm ready to start adding time or distance to my mile walk. Two months ago I would have been gasping for air and exhausted. Now I can do a mile in ten minutes and only have an elevated heart rate. We'll see how it goes! I might have to join in EZM's 5K challenge!

----------------------------------------

Math Puppy--how did the weigh-in go?

Beverly--have a great day! Watch out for the chocolate imps!

mj5--Glad you're feeling a little better. Yes, a vacation sounds wonderful...hope you can get away soon!

Schmoodle--yay for on-plan! If the Whoosh Fairy shows up, please send her my way next!

Rhonda--I'll be crossing my fingers for you on your back to school plans! I think it's great that you are pursuing a dream!

Merksie--loved your walk photos! I'll try to take some, too. Great idea!

GirlyGirlSebas
06-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Good morning, Friends!

I have so much work to get through today and I don't feel like doing anything productive. This weekend will be productive enough as I have several household projects on my list. My plan is to stay too busy to go near the kitchen. I've not lost anything this week...no big surprise there. I've also not gained, so I'm feeling somewhat victorious. I am feeling very optimistic about staying on-plan and losing in the coming months. There is something about having non-weight related goals that help me focus on the weight loss. The plan to go back to school has re-energized and re-focused me.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

PS. Beverly, it's unusual not to see an early morning post from you. Hope you are doing well.

Penney
06-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone -

Well - I am doing okay - my shoulder is much better - but I just couldn't seem to get out of my funk. Yesterday - I woke up and my left side was hurting -by yesterday afternoon I couldn't sit down in my chair at work because it hurt so bad. So - I left work to go to the doctor.

Well - the hot flashes I was having that I thought were part of being peri-menapausal - were fevers. The stiff, achy feeling I had was not due to not stretching or not working out. The tired/draggy feeling was not due to not enough sleep....

Turns out - I have a kidney infection, a UTI and a pelvic infection - ALL AT THE SAME TIME..... How did I get this - nope I am not promiscuious, my hubby is not unfaithful (lucky him - cuz it would not be pretty...LOL), my Ph balance is "off". Thank goodness I was able to see my regular doctor, because he knows about my child dying in April and he handles my diabetes etc... so he was able to figure out the "cause" right away... he is awesome - he takes his job very seriously.

So anyway - I am now armed with antibiotics and pain killers - so while I am a little "loopy" today - I feel so much better. I don't normally go for the living better through chemistry process - but the pain meds are better than margaritas.........LOL (I have not drank in a while - but it was the best comparison I could come up with right now....)

Oh - my point about the Ph balance - stress throws it off and it that can cause the infections - who would have thought it.........

Merksie
06-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi everyone!

I managed a reasonable calorie deficit of -508 yesterday. I'm just doing too much snacking and eating too much at meals to make my target of -1,000. I'm disappointed that it's taking me this long to get fully back on track with my eating plan, but on the bright side, I am fully back in the swing of walking every day, and that feels great.

Darkblue -- a mile in 10 minutes is FAST. Looking forward to seeing your route photos :)

Rhonda -- maintaining during a rough period is definitely a victory! Glad to hear you're feeling strong and energized . . . with an attitude like that, I'm sure you'll succeed both at school and at weight loss in the upcoming months.

Penney -- thank goodness you went to the doctor and got the meds you need to clear up those infections . . . hope you feel better soon :hug:

I'm off to a bridge tournament Saturday and Sunday, so I probably won't post again until Monday, when I hope to be able to report that I vanquished the out-of-town/restaurant temptations. Have a great on-plan weekend, everyone!

math puppy
06-20-2008, 08:20 PM
would you believe it, but i forgot to weigh in yesterday!! :lol:
i remembered on my way to work, and there was no way i was gonna weigh myself in at the end of the day. so this morning i stepped on that darn scale and i gained 8lbs! yikes, it took me a month to take 8lbs off, now i have to work at it all over again.
im feeling pretty determined right now, so i hope this feeling keeps up, im right on track for my eating plan, and i even planed out what im going to eat at the restaurant we are going tonight!

thanx for all the encouragement!!

shmoodle- you re so right. better late then ...later
rhonda- thanx for the hand hold :) wow going back to school! how inspirational, i want to go back to school!!
merksie- at least you had a deficit! thats something to be grateful for :)
darkblu- isnt it great to notice a difference? i love not having to gasp for air !
mj- hope your day is going well

Beverlyjoy
06-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi Chickies! Been so busy with life. Ate too much yesterday...but, planning for a good day today. Thanks, Rhonda, for looking for me.:)

For today-

ice/ heat/ tens unit
LOTS of water
log food
meditation
stretches

breakfast - cottage cheese with 1/2 banana, pnb toast
lunch - cottage cheese, sweet potato, brocolli
snack - canteloupe, cheese, crackers
dinner - italian turkey sausage, red peppers and onions (grilled), corn
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk, raisins

Beverlyjoy
06-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Hi chicks....yesterday I had a good, on plan, day. I am so, so grateful. I've had a 'shakey' week with food and I am happy to have a healthy day under my belt. (excuse the pun!)

Today I am taking it easy - using all my things that help my pieces and parts feel better - ice, heat, tens unit. Busy week ahead.

log food
lots of water
stretches
PMA

breakfast - pnb toast, boca bacon, 1/2 banana
lunch - ff cottage cheese and canteloup, brocolli, crackers
snack - all bran cereal, raisins, milk
dinner - veggie burger with lite cheese, skewer of veggies grilled (mushroom, red pepper, onion, zuccini)
snack - oatmeal, blueberrys, milk

Have a great day, friends.

Darkblue
06-22-2008, 09:15 AM
:( I've gained back a pound. Not the first time, but :mad: I'm mad at myself. Not moving the ticker back yet, because maybe seeing it here will make me feel guilty and motivated. It's just a pound, but it comes from three days of just feeling that I couldn't stand another day of counting calories, avoiding everything I liked, eating out, etc. I sat here last night and thought...god, this is depressing. I have the willpower to lose the weight, but I'm going to have to watch this for the rest of my life. I can't take days off, can't just relax and enjoy a meal with my family or friends, it's going to be this way forever. And it's depressing.

And yes, the weight is depressing, too. I want to be able to do things with my family, not have my kids embarassed because of me, not worry that my husband will have a midlife crisis and fall for some skinny chick.

I've been walking every night, doing my weights, drinking water, and I'm not really eating junk--no dingdongs, no chocolate cake. I've just been eating more "normal" sized servings of my regular food because I felt like I was starving all week long. I'm so blasted tired of being hungry!

So confession time...weight is 223. :mad:

=======================

Merksie--I took three photos of my walk last night, and will try to get them up at some point today. I hear you on the snacking *sighs*

Math Pupppy--It's time we both gritted our teeth and got going again. I'll be wishing you luck and determination!

Beverly--you're having a shaky week too? What is it with this week?

Penny--I hope you are feeling better. That's a lot to tackle at one time. *hugs* for your child. I'm so sorry.

Rhonda--my non-weightloss goal is to go ski with my family this fall. I agree, it helps to have something to focus on besides just those numbers.

Alright ladies...let's get it together this week! Someone please yell at me to get back on plan!

mj5
06-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone! Dh and I are having a 'modified' lazy day today....I say modified b/c while he is mowing the lawn, I am taking care of some laundry, etc....then he is going to watch some baseball and I am going to read.

Penney--I am so glad you got into your doctor! I hope you feel better soon!

Merksie--Hope you had fun at the bridge tournament! I know you will report in that you were able to stay strong!

math puppy--You CAN do it! We will do it together!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you for taking care of yourself today!!

darkblue--Sending you a big hug! You can do this too, I know you can!!! Get right back on plan!

I am happy to report a 1lb loss this week. Not really sure how it happened, but I'll take it!

Have a great day!

Darkblue
06-22-2008, 11:23 PM
1540 calories so far, but I'm going to make myself a pot of green tea with honey here in a minute. Am grimly on-plan today.

mj5--congrats on the one pound weight loss!