Weight Loss Support - summer goals
06-15-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm a teacher and I have the next 2 months off. I don't want to waste them!
So I thought I'd write down some goals to challenge myself. I hope you guys will join me and post some goals too!
1) stay on program (WW)
2) go to the gym 4 times a week :carrot:
3) clean my house really well!
4) brush up on my sign language and Spanish (I teach special education in a predominately Hispanic school)
5) get down to a solid size 12 (I'm a pretty snug 14)
6) save money for my next graduate class
06-15-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm in a similar boat! I'm an instructor and have the first summer session off and am only teaching one class in the second session. So I'm having a Biggest Loser summer.
1) Read NROLW and start lifting (Done!)
2) Turn my junk room into a workout room (In progress)
3) Clean my house! (We'll see)
4) Go to at least one yoga class a week (So far, so good)
5) Stay on my nutritional plan (Going great)
6) Go down at least one size by the beginning of fall semester
06-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Great thread, and great goals!
1. Lose at least eight more lbs by the end of the summer.
2. Try to fit in a comfortable size 8, and stay there. (8/10 now)
3. C25K x3/week
4. Build a gradual tan :)
5. Get a JOB! SAVE MONEY!
6. Stay on plan - write down all foods.
7. Clothing shopping for next fall. Girlier stuff, as to not hide behind my clothing anymore.
8. Join Curves, by next week, and actually GO.
06-15-2008, 11:49 PM
- Keep doing what I'm doing and continue to lose weight
- Start adding Pilates to my workout routine
- Do well in my two summer classes starting in July
- After I get my stimulus and refund check (they're not sending mine til July =_=).. I HAVE to save it up for next semester.. cannot spend it
- Buy cute clothes from the money my mom pays me to work for her occasionally
- Get a pedicure so I can feel comfy walking around in sandals and maaybe a manicure (haven't had either)
- Get comfortable with wearing heels
- Learn some sewing from my mom
- Make at least two pillow cases for next semester
06-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Love this thread!
1. Continue my workouts 6 days a week
2. Lose at least 5 lbs. a month
3. Enjoy the journey
4. Stay op (calorie counting)
5. Organize my house!!! (we'll see about that one!)
6. Stay active besides working out! I have a new puppy, so that's not that tough to do anymore!
06-16-2008, 12:55 AM
oooh, I have a new goal.
I'll only have 1 can of sprite a week. I usually have one a day.
06-16-2008, 02:15 AM
just one for me....
Loose weight, but it comprises....
1 - workout daily
2 - eat well
06-16-2008, 02:34 AM
Only one for me too. Get back to walking to work. I stopped for a while because there was so much going on around me, I needed the car to run various errands during the day. I sort of got into the habit of driving to work - after five years of walking. Not Good. Must walk.........
06-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Toward that end ... everyone of you is welcome to join us in the weekly thread!
06-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Lovely thread - ya got me thinkin'....:chin:
Yep, stay OP...which should lead to ...
another 7 pounds gone by September!:crossed:
Getting up M-F early for a walk - which ought to lead to:
Being able to walk down and then back up our hill w/o breaking (easy mile down, steep mile up)!:running:
Non-diet goals: Cleaning and painting my bedroom
"Maintaining" the weed population in my garden
Actually enjoying the first summer off in a loooong time!!!:beach:
06-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Toward that end ... come join us in the weekly thread!
06-16-2008, 11:08 AM
My summer goals....
Continue steady weight loss of 10-12 pounds per month :goodscale
1. Work out 5 days a week (at least 2 of the following each day) So far so good:workout:
A. Elliptical 30 minutes:tread:
B. Biking 6 miles or more (approx 30 minutes):bike2:
C. Strength training (30 minutes):lifter:
D. Water Aerobics (30 Minutes) To start when pool warms up:swim:
2. Stay On Plan eating So Far so good:carrot:
A. Log Food Intake :comp:
B. 1550 calories a day :hun:
C. 15-45 "countable" carbs per meal :corn:
D. Balance carbs with protien :chicken:
E. Veggies, Veggies, Veggies :broc:
F. Water, lots of water :coffee2:
Clean and organize scrapbook room Work in Progress:yikes:
Keep gardens weeded, watered and pest free 2 outta 3 Ain't bad:flow1:
Clean aquarium and get some new fish (this is a 100 saltwater aquarium, not as easy as it sounds) No Comment:censored:
Paint either the upstairs hallway or the dining room A girl can dream:genie:
Schedule Annual Doc Appointment for beginning of September Yes Mom I Will Do this!! :kickbutt:
I'm not a teacher with the summer off but I have always come up with summer goals/projects
1) Walk in AM and work up to jogging 3m
2) Ditch process sugar for yummy fresh fruits
3) Experiment with salads esp those containing plant proteins (beans, quinoa)
4) Study for GRE 'cause I'm just accepted provisionally until I get that done
5) Take an extra Spanish class
(chickybird, you and I have a lot in common--I have also returned to school-- MA Applied Linguistics; I learned sign language about 20 years ago and I am working now on improving my Spanish. We're also about the same dress size but I'll bet with your height it looks a WHOLE lot better on you :) )
06-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Pretty simple goal. Get into the 140's and stay there! :)
06-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I didn't hear anyone say they were going to enter the 3FC 5K....
humm..............so much to gain by it...hummm...one hour of your time....hummm.................;)
oh.....and for those of you that are in it...THANKS! :hug:
My biggest summer goal is to reach onederland, which I haven't seen since I was 13 years old.
06-16-2008, 10:41 PM
This summer, I'd like to ...
1) lose another size in clothes:belly:
2) keep on plan more consistantly:hungry:
3) eat better snacks:rollpin:
4) be more active :club:
5) do the 3FC'S 5K walks; :running: I'm signed up!:D
6) eat more veggies :broc:
7) enjoy my summer :beach: