Weight Loss Support - Weight Loss Support June 16 - 22

View Full Version : Weight Loss Support June 16 - 22

srmb60
06-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Good evening!

I know it's not the 16th yet but Ilene has often reminded me that you must plan! Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.

Do you have a plan for this week? Are you ready to calmly and moderately go about your business getting slimmer and healthier? Share with us what you've got planned.

junebug41
06-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks for getting us started, Susan! Hey, do you know what happened to the Misc. section?

Lindsey LikesToLose- welcome to the thread!

TylerDurden- It takes a lot of discipline to bring your own food to social gatherings. Way to stay on plan!

As for me, I realized that I started losing when I changed my eating schedule. I would pack my food for the day as though I were marching across the Sahara. Of course, it was all good stuff, but I would still come home and have a larger dinner. I simply didn't need to eat so much during the day. So since I'm not really active at work (at the moment), I've scaled back my lunches and am finding that I'm not ravenous at dinner. I'm going to keep at at it and see how it goes.

I had a really active and on plan weekend with lots of walking, playing with the dog and the gym both days. I spent most of the morning cruising the farmer's markets and have enough salad greens to get me through the summer ;) I got:
-cucumbers
-tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes!
-white, red, and green onions
-sweet potatos
-baby red potatos
-green leaf lettuce
-spinach
-mixed greens
-garlic
-orange peppers
-whole grain bread
... and a bottle of wine!

Mrs Snark
06-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Those are some lovely salad fixins you got there Junebug! Very nice!

My plan for next week is basically a repeat of this week. I'm feeling in the groove and I don't see any problems on the horizon for the upcoming week, yay! I'm going to continue to alternate running, biking and swimming. I'm going to continue abstaining from binge eating. I'm going to continue eating healthy foods at each and every meal. On Friday I will hit 100 days totally on plan, and I'm going to bounce around like a wild woman and celebrate. :)

LynseyLikes2Lose
06-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Good evening! Thanks for having this! It will really help me continue to stay on plan.

Today I was under 100 calories and I did 5 miles of WATP so I am on fire! I love the weekends. Unlike most, I get a TON of exercise in on the weekends. I also plan my meals better Sat and Sun for some reason.

We have catered lunch at work tomorrow. It's Indian Tacos. I'm thinking about bringing my own lunch. They were pretty good last time though so I may just do a salad for dinner tomorrow night to make up the difference.

All week I am going to be running my tail off at work so I should burn a lot of calories and I plan to stay on track so I hope to continue to see the loss.

I'm always so motivated when the scale is actually moving! LOL!

LynseyLikes2Lose
06-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Oh, and I'm going to take my kids to bed and then look at that site. I need to do some extras tonight for my arms and thighs so I'll see what I can find quick!

fiberlover
06-15-2008, 09:42 PM
My plan is just to keep on keepin' on!
I have the fridge freshly stocked with fruit, and the freezer with veggies. Got my Fage 0%, and other on plan snacks. I am ready to tackle the week!
Oh, and my food for tomorrow is all planned out. :)

AJ113
06-16-2008, 02:43 AM
I shall be doing yet more driving in the course of my work. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. It's not a particularly healthy exercise but as an activity it can burn up to 180 calories per hour, and as I shall be driving many hours there will be some pay off hopefully.

Starrynight
06-16-2008, 02:54 AM
Basically just sticking to the plan!
Drinking LOTS of water and working out at least 3 times this week :D

srmb60
06-16-2008, 08:27 AM
Good morning!

about misc clubs? they're merged with Support Groups. It's a space thing. Which is why I'll be cleaning up a few threads in WLS as well.

I'm on the hunt for a 3 day weight lifting routine for this week. I'm going to try that with 20 or 25 mins of cardio M,W&F. Change is good.

I did OK with food last week. But I shouldn't have two treat days in a row. I knew we were celebrating on Saturday so I should not have indulged on Friday!

And I'm going to weigh and measure today.

Mrs Snark
06-16-2008, 08:29 AM
I've got my 6 mile run in this morning at 5:30 am and based on the chore list I've written out, that is going be the fun part of my day. It is so humid out and I've got to work on the front yard, bleeeeeh!

srmb60
06-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Josephine :hug: ... we posted over each other!

I found this 3 day split routine (from that fabulous site)
http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/displayarticle.php?aid=136
and I'm going to try it this week. I'll keep you all updated.

Mrs Snark
06-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Josephine :hug: ... we posted over each other!

I found this 3 day split routine (from that fabulous site)
http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/displayarticle.php?aid=136
and I'm going to try it this week. I'll keep you all updated.

:) That sounds like a really great routine, I bet it will feel good! :lifter:

srmb60
06-16-2008, 10:55 AM
It did feel good! Then I did 20 minutes of intervals on the treadmill. I might do some abs later but I can still feel what I did on Saturday, so we'll see.

AJ113
06-16-2008, 11:06 AM
SusanB invited me to join this thread on the basis of cutting my driving and walking instead, which I mentioned in another thread.

Well, I've failed today because I had to drive to a reginal office 120 miles away, but my diary is clear for the rest of the week so it's back to shanks' pony for me.

And another one, a maximum of three Newcastle Browns this week.........

srmb60
06-16-2008, 11:14 AM
You haven't failed AJ113 ... you're just a 'day-out-of-sorts'.

I like beer ... but only one at a time. Three this week sounds doable.

fiberlover
06-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Susan,
Also check out this site, it has tons of workouts!

http://trainwithmeonline.com/

pinkcarnation
06-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi, everyone. :wave: I'd love to join you.

I've had a peaceful day with a stable mood. I took a rest day because I worked hard on my upper body yesterday so I'm sore and I've got a pounding headache from self-imposed caffeine withdrawal. Tomorrow is another day.

I'm introducing more raw food into my diet in the hope of nourishing my mind as well as my body. Today I ate a banana and some walnuts. I may have raspberries after dinner.

I've fallen in love with mint tea.

Susan, thanks for starting this thread.

karen0117
06-16-2008, 11:38 PM
I basically eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch & am/pm snacks everyday, did shopping for that on weekend so that is set. I have a couple of quick go to dinners available in the pantry if I don't want to pick up fresh chicken or fish.

Good way to start off the week.

AJ113
06-17-2008, 05:53 AM
So I'm posting this while at work. I walked this morning, which means that I have no option but to walk home, which means success for today. Unless I dive in to those two bottles of Newcastle Brown I received for Father's day tonight.......

srmb60
06-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Sure Pinkcarnation ... come on in!

Karen? some folks struggle with breakfast. Care to share your menu?

I had a good day yesterday too.
Just over 1350 cals and a great gym visit.

I'm currently in love with imitation crab meat. Oh my goodness, I could eat it every day.

fiberlover
06-17-2008, 09:07 AM
I rotate 3 different breakfasts during the week.
This one is my absolute favorite:

1/2 cup of Fage 0% Greek yogurt (2% when I want a decadent treat)
1 teaspoon of honey
1 cup of strawberries, chopped
1/2 cup of Nature's Path Organic Hemp granola

Mixed all together. 264 calories.

xraygirl
06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
My plan this week is to get back on track. I had 2 birthdays and father's day dinners over the weekend. I tried as best as I could with what I was given. As a result, I feel horrible. I have had a constant headache for 24 hours now. I guess my body is having a response to bad food.

srmb60
06-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi xraygirl! Good to see you here.

I, too, have found (since eating better) that eating crap makes me feel like crap. I just need to remember that when chips and fries look so tempting!

junebug41
06-17-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm currently in love with imitation crab meat. Oh my goodness, I could eat it every day.
I have had some sitting in my pantry for several months and am trying to figure out what to do with it. How do you eat yours?

Hi, everyone. :wave: I'd love to join you.

I've had a peaceful day with a stable mood. I took a rest day because I worked hard on my upper body yesterday so I'm sore and I've got a pounding headache from self-imposed caffeine withdrawal. Tomorrow is another day.

I'm introducing more raw food into my diet in the hope of nourishing my mind as well as my body. Today I ate a banana and some walnuts. I may have raspberries after dinner.

I've fallen in love with mint tea.

Susan, thanks for starting this thread.
Raw food is excellent nourishment for the mind, body, and soul!

Susan,
Also check out this site, it has tons of workouts!

http://trainwithmeonline.com/

Thanks! I can't wait to peruse it.

Argh! Just when I thought my plan was iron-clad this week, DF had to muck it all up. He's working like a dog to complete a project, which means that he gets home really late... and brings snacks! I really should know better and exhibit a little more restraint, especially since it's late at night and the last thing I need to be doing is mindlessly munching on crackers. On top of that, I've been getting home late and since DF has the car, I haven't been able to get back into my gym routine. I'm maintaining, but I just feel all out of sorts. Luckily, I will be getting home at a reasonable hour and WILL make it to the gym before I head over to DF's office with a healthy supper (no munchies!).

srmb60
06-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Yesterday, I fried a few little potatoes in as little butter and safflower oil as I could get away with, then tossed in some crab (and a little more butter) It just started to brown and was wonderful.

I've used it in salad.

I also eat it right out of the package. Mine comes frozen.

pinkcarnation
06-17-2008, 01:49 PM
I slept better last night than I have in years...sweet, sweet slumber. Looks like exercise, good food, and no caffeine are paying off.

Susan and fiberlover, thanks for posting the work out sites.

frieden
06-17-2008, 02:52 PM
My plan for this week is to do some reading about good sources of protein and to try to add interval training Pilates into my routine. I did some Pilates this morning. It was sort of fun.

PrettyPaula
06-17-2008, 03:03 PM
i am exhausted guys.

work is REALLY taking it out of me this week, i am so ready for my vacation it is unreal! my feet are sore, my legs ache and my knees are hurting. not to mention my brain! had a VERY difficult customer today and it has tired me out.

Ive eaten well on plan today, got a yummt dinner of chicken breast wholewheat pasta with tomato sauce and brocolli cooking. yum!

Im gonna do my free weights tonight and situps/push ups etc, im walking to work and back now which is about 50 minutes walking a day to :)

no movement scale wise for me but im due for TOM which always puts a spanner in the works!

those workouts look good susan!

Spoz
06-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Hey nice to see ya Paula, was wandering where you had gotten to!

xraygirl
06-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Finally my headache is gone. I will never do that again. On top of a killer headache, I've been dealing with a sick baby. Tonight I will have grilled chicken breast marinated with a little lemon juice and oregano and maybe some quinoa or brown rice.

srmb60
06-18-2008, 12:44 AM
I have quinoa and have never made it. Should try I guess. How do you do it xraygirl?

I'm home from work and I'm tired and think I want to eat. I sitting at a loverly 1500 cals and I think I'll go to bed at that.

AJ113
06-18-2008, 06:05 AM
It was raining this morning but I still walked. No sure why this is proving to be such a struggle when it was no problem for me during the last five years. Maybe it's my old bones......

karen0117
06-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Susan,

I eat 2 boiled eggs and a turkey sausage, sometimes a glass of juice. Once I get started in the habit of breakfast I miss it if I don't have it. Don't know if this is one everyone's plan.

By the way, do I have to renew my subscription to this thread every week?

srmb60
06-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Evening everyone. I've been into the sweets at work. Now I have to think of something to balance that out. A halthy snack with some protein in it. Hmmm ...

Yes Karen, you have to subscribe again because we start new each week. If we lose you we'll come calling :)

srmb60
06-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Good evening!

I dunno, my cals are OK but they aren't very good food. I just am munchy.

I so wish it would stop raining around here. We go to the gym tomorrow but I'd sure like to go for a nice walk in the morning.

AJ113
06-20-2008, 08:13 AM
The walk will probably do you more good than the workout! Walked again this morning to work, I seem to have rid myself of the "car" thing, dunno where that came from TBH, but I'm back in the groove now.

karen0117
06-22-2008, 04:15 AM
Having insomnia tonight, I guess I need a cup of herbal tea. I used to eat in the middle of the night when this happened, instead I'm on here.

Did weigh in today, just under a pound this week. A little disappointing, but I have to think I'm gaining muscle. I have lost 4 inches in my waist in the 3 weeks I've been doing this.

srmb60
06-22-2008, 05:22 AM
Good work Karen!

As long as some measure of progress is shrinking ....yes!, getting smaller is good!

Mrs Snark
06-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Morning gang! I'm getting so close to the 150s, it makes me so excited to step on the scale every morning. I hope to be in them by next week, whoo hoo! This morning I did a 6.22 mile run down a really beautiful road that runs right along the river. So pretty.

I'm on Day 102 completely on plan, and it feel good to be in the triple digits!

srmb60
06-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Oh my goodness Josephine you are doing sooo well.

Repost that 102 days in this weeks thread would ya? I'd hate for anyone to miss that kind of news.

Here's this weeks thread.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2238105#post2238105