South Beach Diet - Getting Ready For Phase II

View Full Version : Getting Ready For Phase II

kitchenlogic
06-14-2008, 11:13 PM
2 solid weeks on Phase I, 8 lbs. lost, I can't decide if I want to move up to Phase II or not yet. I thought I'd wait until I got bored with Phase I. But with all the options and how easy it's been, I wonder if that will ever happen!

In looking forward to celebrating Phase II, I picked up some cherries at the grocery store today. I'm shocked that I'd ever consider a fruit a treat. I'm a cake with icing, heavy on the icing, kind of gal. But with the 8 lb. weight loss, my pants are no longer trying to strangle me from the middle, I am loving SBD!

As I sit here, reading and writing posts, I am happily enjoying a platter of celery with hummus. It's been a wonderful week of eating out, staying on the program, and getting some control over my weight.

I really should allow myself a little "party" and spend the week on Phase II foods. If I end up standing still in the weight loss, I can always go back to Phase I.

I can see doing this for a very long, very healthy time!

Any tips for moving onto Phase II?

Ruthxxx
06-15-2008, 07:24 AM
You certainly sound pumped and positive. Congratulations on your loss.

Go into Phase II slowly. Lots of us call it Phase I.5. Just add one thing at a time - e.g. a serving of fruit every day for a week.

I suggest you NOT "party" this week and go back to Phase I if you gain. Phase I works for weightloss the first time but is primarily a detox phase. Doing it again will not result in a big loss and it is not nutritionally complete.

Check out the FAQ Stickies for more Phase I hints.

ladybugnessa
06-15-2008, 03:02 PM
what ruth said.

for me moving from phase 1 to phase 2 was nothing with nothing

the first week i had strawberries after dinner
the second week i had oatmeal for breakfast (and berries after dinner)
the third week I tried a new fruit (and continued with my strawberries)
the fourth week i had a second grain (at dinner)
etc...

it's better to go slow.