Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 06:55 PM   #1  

Default Deep Breathing

Does anyone use deep breathing exercises? I read that one of the things that is really wrong with people in general is not getting enough oxygen to their vital organs.

Carol
Old 03-16-2002, 05:17 PM   #2  

Since I've been doing yoga, I've have noticed that I haven't had any problems with bronchitis or asthma. Also according to some of the material I've read, when you do twists (that's where let's say you put your left arm on your right leg and twist towards the right), toxins are released from your inner organs and expelled through your breath. Now, from personal experience I can say that since I've started incorporating yoga into my workout routine, I have had NO back pain. And for me that's a healthful bonus in and of itself.
Old 03-16-2002, 05:30 PM   #3  
Getting healthier daily!!

Default Deep Breathing....

Yes, yes, yes!!!!! I do deep breathing exercises in the form of Body Flex. I've been doing it for four years and LOVE it!!! I lost 50# and a zillion inches. Then I did it to maintain for a long time. Now I'm back at it religiously to lose my final 25#. It makes me feel wonderful. Greater lung capacity, more energy, healthy glow to my skin and on and on. Sometimes I sound like an infomercial!!! There are many deep breathing programs out there but I can do this one because I can adapt it to my own limitations. I have arthritis and some days I cannot do the stretching positions but I can always breathe!!! Check out Body Flex by Greet Childers, Oxycize, The Skipped Breath and a whole bunch more.

Best wishes...
Old 03-16-2002, 06:52 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I have been wondering about that for a long time!!! thanks. I have been trying to get oxysize info thinking of those tapes!!!!

Maybe at half price I can find them.
Old 03-16-2002, 09:20 PM   #5  

I was also wondering about thoes tapes as well. I'll now have to try one. I'm willing to try anything. I do yoga and love it. It just makes me feel good.
Old 03-17-2002, 10:02 AM   #6  

Thanks Carnation. Body Flex is the one in the article I was reading. It sounds like a really good program. I'm going to check it out.

Carol
Old 03-17-2002, 12:57 PM   #7  

Please allow me to add my 2 cents worth.

I have Greer Childer's tape, too. It REALLY works. The breathing is so good for us. And you can lose tons of inches....

As you can see by my numbers, I belong in this club!! I'm doing quite well. I count calories and fat grams. Drink lots of water, try to make myself exercise, come here for inspiration and validation, and pray!

Good luck everyone. Drink lots of water and BREATH!!!

Gayle
Old 03-18-2002, 11:46 AM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Ok, I give

You know, I have those tapes and I wasn't impressed. You guys are making me think that I should try them again.
Old 03-18-2002, 01:09 PM   #9  
Getting healthier daily!!

Default Deep Breathing.....

Hello again. The key to success with Body Flex is two-fold. First, be certain to get enough water. Divide your weight by 2 and that number is the number of ounces of water you should consume. Second, practice the breathing alone for several days before adding any positions. Correct breathing is very important. It looks silly and people sometimes think it is easy but it's not until you perfect the breathing. Practice is important. Don't rush it.

I hope you have as much success as I have had!!!

Old 03-18-2002, 09:17 PM   #10  

Thanks for adding your 2 cents Velvet. I am definitely going to try the tapes. I have already begun taking deeper breaths and I'm trying to be more consious of my breathing. Can't wait to get started.

Carol

ps I just went to ebay and bid on a new boxed set of the tapes. I may some in 44 minutes!!

Last edited by Mrs. Big Dawg; 03-18-2002 at 09:25 PM.
Closed Thread