100 lb. Club - Old Newbie

View Full Version : Old Newbie

sockmonkey70
06-13-2008, 02:38 AM
Hello everyone. It's been awhile since I posted, so I hope you guys remember me! Long story short, my relationship started dissolving with my fiancee, my focus on weight loss was suspended...We broke up and I have been trying to get back on track. I have continued losing weight and I am down to 178. It's been slow, but I am just happy that I haven't gained! I can fit comfortably in all 14s, and many 12s!

I hope everyone has been having success :) I have a lot of catching up to do!

Love you guys,
Mary

Gale02
06-13-2008, 03:07 AM
Hi Mary!

I'm really glad to see you here, I've just re-joined (so-to-speak) myself.

I'm sorry to hear about you and your fiancee breaking up, that's really rough. Are you doing ok?

How is school going these days? Are you out for the summer?

Good job for not letting things in your life derail your weight loss. Sometimes it's easier to let it go, I'm proud of you for sticking with it!

I look forward to seeing you around more!

:-) Gale

mandalinn82
06-13-2008, 03:34 AM
Mary - Yay, you're back. I thought about you often, and I'm sorry for the reason for your leaving...but what an amazing job to go through such a turbulent time and not gain...way to go.

Glad we'll be seeing you around again.

sockmonkey70
06-13-2008, 04:44 AM
Thanks you guys :)
Welcome back to you as well Gale!

I am doing fine. I was the one that ended it...but it was still very hard. Plus I graduated this semester so that made it even harder.

I am out of school for summer...And probably for awhile now :) Time to be a big girl and try to find a real job lol. Grad school may be somewhere down the road though. So far though I have just been relaxing a little and catching up on some reading!

rockinrobin
06-13-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm SO very glad to hear from you once again.

Ending a relationship is never an easy thing to do, even if we know it's the right thing to do. I give you tons of credit for not diving back to the food to deal with the breakup. That bodes really, really well for your future!!!

Congratulations on your graduation. I look forward to "seeing" you around. All the best. :)

JayEll
06-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Mary! Welcome back! :hug: Missed seeing you!

Jay

fiberlover
06-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Mary - I am so glad to see you back!

Sorry to hear about your relationship problems, now is the time to focus on yourself.
:hug:

Slashnl
06-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Glad to see you again, Mary! Welcome back. Hope you get some time now to focus just on YOU!

Merksie
06-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Welcome back, and congratulations on maintaining through a stressful time.

famograham
06-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Welcome back Mary!
We missed you!

:hug:
Linda

Bunnababy
06-13-2008, 02:30 PM
I will join in saying welcome back, even though I am pretty new here. Congratulations on not eating your way through a stressful time.

Also welcome Gale. Love the doggy picture.

xGurlyGrlx
06-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Welcome back!! I haven't "met" you but I have seen your name around! Looking forward to hearing from you!

modkittn
06-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Glad you are back Mary! :bravo: for not gaining back and losing while going through such an emotional time.

sockmonkey70
06-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Thank you guys so much :) I always know what to expect from you ladies...Open arms and positive attitudes :)

WinterStarzz
06-15-2008, 04:31 PM
You're back! I recently rejoined the band wagon myself. I think about you often and I am glad to hear things are going well. You look fantastic in that picture!!! I am sorry to hear about the reasons for your temporary leaving, but I am glad you are doing well. And congrats on graduating! That has got to feel good!

BattleAx
06-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Welcome back! Congrats on graduating from college. I'm sorry your relationship fell apart.

Great job on the weight maintenance/loss.

SuchAPrettyFace
06-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Welcome back & yeah, that is awesome you haven't gained!!! :hug:

valpal23
06-15-2008, 07:21 PM
welcome back sockmonkey :) congrats on your grad!

Beverlyjoy
06-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Hi...so, so glad you are back! WOW - I am so happy you were able to not eat over the stress of your relationship. That is wonderful.

Steelslady
06-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Great to see you around again, Mary! :carrot: Graduating, going through a rough spell in a relationship AND losing weight at the same time? Great job! :hug: Not too many people could accomplish all of that at the same time.

GirlyGirlSebas
06-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Welcome back, Mary! We've missed you.

purpleorc
06-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Congratulations on your graduation and secondly on not gaining weight during a difficult time in your life. Well done for not falling back into those old eating habits that is such a great achievement and you should be proud of yourself.