WW Clubs and Groups - #201 Bale of Turtles on the Run!!

View Full Version : #201 Bale of Turtles on the Run!!

Itryharder
06-12-2008, 07:17 PM
:welcome3: :carrot: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder

Princess1122
06-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Morning all and a very happy Friday to everyone! Dark and cloudy here today, more storms on the way... but my yard work and gardening is done so that is ok with me :D, mother nature is taking care of the watering part... one less thing for me to worry about.

The scale is way up this week... not sure what is going on, it is possible that the steroid patches that the chiropractor is currently using on me could be causing it... along with TOM but I am just not sure... will keep plodding along and watch what I eat and hope that it gets better but I don't have high hopes for tomorrow's W/I.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Itryharder
06-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi Turtles,
:goodvibes: to Princess. You were smart to get your garden work done and you've got a great attitude that the watering is being done by nature. I'm sorry about your weight gain, and I am wondering if the steroid patch might be doing that.

I'm doing pretty well. Last night I was craving beef and had a large piece and counted it in. Sometimes that's the best thing for me to do. We're having another murder party tonight. It takes place in a speak easy and my dh decorated the playroom to look that way. He went all out and created a "body" out of his clothing, a wig, and a hat. He's got "him" draped over a table with fake bullet holes in the coat. It really is spooky and funny at the same time. We're hoping to have a really good time tonight.

Father's Day is Sunday and I've got the menu planned. I'll be using some of the 35 points for that, but I find that if I count them in I can still lose weight.
I got on the :tread: yesterday and I felt that was a good start again. We don't have central A/C and it's been blistering record breaking hot here. Luckily the weather broke after a storm and it's beautiful today. I know we're supposed to be back to rain this weekend, but I hope the weathermen are wrong.

Good luck to us all with the food and exercise. Keep on keepin' on!!!
Judy
234.6/214.8/thinner into onederland :cool:

bandit2
06-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Good morning, turtles!

Princess - hang in there, I am sure you will drop your unwanted gain in no time. You are really doing fabulous!

Judy - sounds like you are having a good time with your socializing. Good for you.

Had my w/i this a.m. & was very pleased. I was down 2.8# this week, so was very excited about that. So my "sticking to it" paid off & I am happy.
Now, just have to keep the momentum going over the weekend, which is always a challenge.

I bought beef the other day, but was too hot to cook it, so will make that up over the weekend - haven't had a nice roast beef dinner in awhile, so looking forward to that.

Right now, I am heading out to get some yard work done before the rain hits.

Beth, Cherry & Chrily - hope you are keeping well.

Have a great OP weekend!

CherryAutumn
06-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi ladies. Due to emotional eating and depression i had gotten myself up to a high of 228. Thanks to my husband help and eating good things when i feel like i have to eat i am down to 223.4 this morning. It is stormy weather here to. It is encouraging to know that You are all plodding on in the right direction.

bandit2
06-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Cherry - Congrats on your loss. Keep up the good work!

Itryharder
06-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Cherry, you;re doing great!!! :bravo: keep up the good work! :hug:
:goodvibes: What is working out so well for you? Anything specific?
Judy

CherryAutumn
06-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Nothing specific really. I have a major problem over eating. So i found some ways to make some of my favorite snacks a little or a lot more healthy than usual. Also i am trying to get motivated enough to exercise some.

Itryharder
06-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Cherrym, thanks for the tips.

Bandit, :goodscale: :woo: :bravo: Somehow I missed your post. That 2.8#is a fabulous weight loss. Staying on track does the trick!!!!

I'm in the midst of my weekend. Last night we had another murder mystery that was a lot of fun. We had a couple of cancellations because of sudden sickness and my dh ended up playing two parts which turned out to be very funny because he wore a hat for one part and no hat for the other.

My ds and his family came in late last night and will be here through Sunday, Father's Day. It should be a good time.

I've gotta run because my grandson is looking for some attention.
Here's wishing everyone a Boot CAmp weekend with lots of water and exercise and all good things.
Judy

Princess1122
06-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Morning all and happy Monday! Went to W/I on Saturday... was up 3.0 lbs! Ugh! Oh well, I am on track and just need to keep going. Busy weekend here also. Had a house full yesterday and got my youngest DS off to his uncles in Philly, they head to England on Wednesday and then on to Italy on Thursday... I will miss him very much but I am also very excited for him to be able to have this opportunity.

Bandit: Awesome job on the loss! You are doing great! Roast beef sounds good to me too :D

Judy: Your mystery party sounds like a ton of fun! You and your DH seem to have a very wonderful social life!

Cherry: Great job on getting back on track, you are doing fabulous! Keep it up and you will be in onederland in no time!

I have to run, busy morning here at the office but I will check back again later on.
Princess

Itryharder
06-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Turtles,
Boy, am I glad I found this group. You are all my lifelines. Thanks.

Princess, I am sorry your scale is up especially since you're on track. You're right. the only thing to do is to keep on going. :goodvibes:

Bandit, keep up the good work. It will be exciting to see you post another loss! :goodscale: :woo:

Cherry, glad to see you're taking care of yourself by preparing lighter snacks.
It's a smart thing to do. :chef:

My socializing has definitely caught up to me. My dh and I had a heart to heart talk and we're going back to impromptu BBQ's and stuff like that. These big extravaganzas, although extremely fun, really take too much preparation and even though I prepare some lower calorie items the temptations are pretty high. So, we're going in a new direction with lower cal items available for spur of the moment events and that should work out better. I checked my weight this morning and I don't think I'll be able toget it where I want it by Wednesday, but we'll see. I always have the option of not weighing and still attending the mtg.

I've gotta run. Glad to see us posting and keeping the boot camp going.
Princess, I hope the scale cooperates soon. I know that pre-menopause can be a time of weight swings and that may be what's happening to you.
Judy
234.6/????/thinner into onederland :cool:

bandit2
06-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi turtles:

I kind of overdid my eating on the weekend & really have to keep on track before my w/i Friday. It sure doesn't take much to get side-tracked. On the weekend I had too much bread stuff & that is not good for me.

Today I have been completely OP & feel better for it.

Princess - sorry to hear about your gain. But with you being OP, it will be just a matter of time before it is gone. You are doing great!

Judy - yes, all those social events are more work, more calories, more temptations for sure. Better to address the situation now, rather than let things go too far. You have been working very hard to sabotage your efforts.

Cherry - sounds like you are staying focussed & that is great!

Everyone else - hope you are all keeping well.

We just finished having a really bad hail storm. Crazy!

Princess1122
06-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday! I go for another round of spinal injections tomorrow morning, the chiropractor has not been able to do anything about this last flare up so it is back to the other doctor to see if I can get some relief. I will be off line for a couple of days, it takes me a few days to recover from them. Hope everyone has a great weekend though.

Princess

CherryAutumn
06-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Princess - I am sorry to hear that you are in pain. I hope they can get you some relief.

Bandit and Judy - Thanks for the encouragement. You to princess.

I was On Points yesterday and it felt good. Hopefully today will be another on point day.

Itryharder
06-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Dear Princess,
I'm sending you :goodvibes: and a :hug: to get through the shot that is coming up. You're in our thoughts and prayers and we'll miss you not being online.

Bandit, thanks for your encouragement. :goodvibes: You are right that I have worked too hard to sabotage my efforts now! Tonight dd is having a BBQ, but she said she'll have foods I can eat. Maybe I'll ring her and ask what I can bring.

Cherry, :bravo: for staying on points yesterday. Sure it feels good when you do the right thing for yourself. You can do this. Make today a good day.

bandit2
06-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi turtles:

Sorry to hear about your back again. That really is awful to be in constant paid. You take care of yourself & hope to see you back online soon.

Cherry - congrats for staying on plan. Baby steps - that is what we all need to do to get where we want to end up. And it is hard for us all - so here's to us all staying focussed!

Judy - how you doing?

I have been making a nice spinach salad lately & really like it.
Baby spinach with cranraisens, mandarin oranges, red onion & low cal poppy seed dressing - today I added a spoonful of sunflower seeds. I first had this last week when I went out for dinner & liked it so much bought the stuff & have been making it to go with my lunches.
I count it as 4 points (2 for stuff & 2 for dressing)

Tonight my gf is coming for our usual weekly dinner. We are having pasta with white sauce & chicken & of course, wine!

Anyway have great day!

Itryharder
06-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Bandit, thanks for that yummy salad concoction. I looks easy and tasty--my kind of food.

As far as me, my food has been good, but the scale isn't moving right now. I think I'll stay off it for a couple of days and see if that works. The BBQ was fine. My dd had chicken drumsticks and a 93%ff burger and veggies for us which were all countable and OP. It worked out fine.

You all take care and keep on keepin' on!
Judy

Itryharder
06-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi All,
Had to have a little talk with myself to stay OP. So far I'm into the evening and my points are great. I'll be able to wrap up the day completely OP>
Good luck to us all!
Judy

CherryAutumn
06-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Judy - That is great that you were able to give yourself a stern talking to so you would be OP for the day.:)

I have been OP mainly because of tooth pain that has spread to my face, jaw and ear. I have been in extreme pain but hopefully by Monday i will have a dentist appointment.

Itryharder
06-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi Cherry, I'm sending :goodvibes: that you'll be able to see a dentist on Monday. Glad you're OP but I don't know that a bad tooth ache is a great reason to do so.

Hi Princess and Bandit, hope all goes well with you. Tonight I've got the ingredients in the house to make WW style Philly Cheesesteaks. I am really looking forward to them and so is dh!

I have a baby shower tomorrow and will have to eat small portions since I am not in charge of the food. I think I'll eat a gigantic salad before I go the the party because that will help.

Have a great weekend and drink lots of water and take baby steps!
Judy

Itryharder
06-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi all Turtles,
I think everyone should try the Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches for an easy, very tasty and low point lunch or dinner. Holy Moley Princess, thanks for the recipe. :chef: It is tops and something I'd never think could be made low calorie.
By the way, has anyone found the Arnold bread for 100 calories and 5 g. fiber called Sandwic h Thins? They are great. They are sliced into two parts, are rather thick and perfect for a hearty sandwich or even as a base for pizza. Hey, keep the good recipes coming since summer is a change of attitude toward what tastes good and is appealing.
Good luck to us all! :grouphug:
Judy

slugbug
06-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the boards and looking for some support as I begin my weight watchers journey. I so enjoy the successes of everyone else and I too am hoping to have success.

I'm a first time mom to a 7.5 month old and I desperately want to lose the extra 20+ lbs from pregnancy and an additional 20+ to be healthier and more comfy in my own skin.

Looking forward to really getting to know everyone.

Itryharder
06-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi Slugbug,
It seems to me that Turtles and Slugbugs should do very well together. :welcome3:

Glad to have you join us. We're always looking for new members and we'll give tips and support and hope you will do the same.

All goes well here. I had a great time at the baby shower. She didn't have any nibbles out which was a huge help. I had a tiny sliver of dessert and lots of salad, a small amt. of potato salad made without mayo, and a small sandwich. All countable.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Judy

Itryharder
06-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Having a good day. Well within points and it's getting late at night.
I'm optimistic that I can do this.
Hope all goes well with you all.
Judy

CherryAutumn
06-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Slugbug - welcome and chime right in. Tell us about yourself. I am 25, married for 4.5 years now and have a 1 yr. old little boy and a 3 yr. old little girl.

Judy - Glad to hear the shower went so well. I was able to get a hold of my family doctor who gave me some pain meds and antibiotics which thankfully has made this weekend livable. Thanks for the concern. Wants my teeth heal i am hoping to get back on track and posting more.

Itryharder
06-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Cherry, glad you got meds and you'll be back on track soon.
Slugbug--I'm married in my mid-sixties, have three grown married children and three grandkids. I've lost over 60# three times in my life but in the past I've always allowed circumstances to get in the way of maintaining my weight loss. This time it is much slower going, but I have learned how to handle many events and I am hopeful that this time when I get the weight off, it will stay off! I like to read and quilt. I have a very busy social life==I am a retired schoolteacher and have been married for over 42 years to a great guy.

Everybody--take care and do well and drink that water.
Judy

slugbug
06-23-2008, 01:50 PM
I suppose you're right Itryharder, turtles and slugbugs should be a perfect match. My fingers are crossed!

A little bit more about myself, I'm 26, married for 3.5 years and have a 7.5 month old little boy. I'm currently a stay at home mom (not by choice so much as circumstance). I used to be very skinny throughout high school and shortly after but then I guess my life slowed down a bit and the weight started gaining. I didn't worry too much about it until after my son was born. I'm realizing now how much I hate having my photo taken (even with my son) and it's just heartbreaking that I have so few photos with him to look back on. They grow so fast! I guess my goal is to willingly be in his 1st birthday photos and not delete them from the camera immediately.

Sounds silly when I type it all out, but that's the shallow truth. I'd love to be more agile and less self conscious when we're out too. I am currently 205 lbs and hope to be a health 165 someday.

Princess1122
06-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Afternoon everyone! Welcome to the new Slugbug!

I am just stopping by for quick hello.

The shot did not go as we had all hoped, the med's did not spread in the spine like he wanted so he did a second one, that one did not spread well either... so I have a round of oral steroids to take... ugh! Just an FYI, one shot is bad enough, but two in one session is just beyond words! I was in bed for about two days. I was told to get moving even more then I am and to work on my core... swimming was where I was told to start, so we have joined the YMCA and went swimming this weekend.

Hope all is well with everyone. I will post longer tomorrow but am trying to get caught up with work today.

Princess

Itryharder
06-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi Princess,

I'm so sorry the shots (ugh) didn't work. Swimming is a great activity and I hope it helps you to get your neck/back into better condition so you wont' have that pain. I'm sending you :goodvibes: You are amazing because this has been going on for a long while now and you're not whining or complaining.
Good for you!

Tonight I'm grilling shrimp inside with some green beans and potatoes as a side dish. A little lady made a glorious potato salad for the shower I went to over the weekend. A little oil and vinegar, salt an dpepper, boiled peeled potatoes and green beans and a little red onion. Delish and more figure friendly than mayo.

Bandit and Chrily, how goes it all?
Slugbug--you're not the only one who has deleted or tosssed photos. It's tough to look at ourselves when we don't appreciate what we looked like. That's a good challenge to be in your ds's first birthday photos! Go for it!!
:woo:
Judy

Princess1122
06-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Morning all... I am here, just not real chatty lately. I am on plan but not hoping for much as far as W/I goes this coming Saturday... will just have to wait and see.

Judy: Glad you like the cheese wrap recipe!

Princess

bandit2
06-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - so sorry to hear about your back problems. Exercise should help,
stay positive!

Judy - your potato salad recipe sounds yummy. Have to give that a try real soon.

Slugbug - hope you are finding your way around this site & staying OP.

Moving my dd home tonight & unloading tomorrow. Hoping that goes well & fast. So she will be home now full time for the next year other than her travelling & working. So that will be nice even though she has been home quite abit since her school was close.

She just finished taking a personal training course for an extra thing, so I am sure she will be trying to get me on some regular exercise routine.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

Itryharder
06-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Princess, here's a :grouphug: and :goodvibes: to help you out. Things will get better and improve. I'm glad you're OP.

Bandit, it should be really nice having your dd home full time. I bet she'll have all sorts of personal training tips for you. :strong:

I went to WW today even though I had a big dinner gathering last night.
It was with my group of friends who meet monthly. We had a pot luck to wrap up our sessions and then we'll see each other in the fall again. We've been together for about 10 years and it's been great.

My WI was pretty good even though I gained 0.6# I'll take that and run.
I had been up and knocked off most of it. I believe if I had weighed in tomorrow I wouldn't have gained anything, but I was afraid that if I skipped my regular meeting, I wouldn't get to any meeting. NOt a good idea!

So, I have a challenging weekend--what else is new--and I'm going to do my best to save points if the food is not WW friendly.
Take care and do well. Drink your water!!

Chrily and Cherry and Slugbug--how's it going? Keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/215.4/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
06-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Afternoon ladies and happy Thursday to everyone! Not much is new here... still struggling with the neck...

Hot but pretty day here today, supposed to rain all weekend... ugh!

Hope everyone is well.

Princess

Itryharder
06-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Princess, always glad to see your posts.

Bandit, are you weighing in tomorrow?

I exercised yesterday and today. I am only on the :tread: for 30-40 min. since I don't want to overdo, but I got a little weeding in also and that c ounts for activity points. Now I'm heading out to babysit for my grandson so that my dd can get to a few things she's been wanting to do.

Have a gareat day and be well and stay OP>
Judy

Princess1122
06-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Morning all and happy Friday! Love Fridays! I talked to my DS last evening, he is the one in Italy for the summer, he is having the time of his life, it did my heart good to hear that and also to hear his voice. They have done lots of day trips around Italy so far and will be venturing out further into Europe in the next couple of weeks... Wish I was with him! Some how sitting here in my cube in Indiana just does not compare no matter how I look at it... LOL.

Bandit: How did your W/I go today? The salad recipe that you posted a while back looks really good and I am thinking of trying it this weekend.

Judy: Great job on the exercise! 30 minutes a few times a week will do the trick so don't pressure yourself too much.

All: Hope everyone is on track and on plan! Drink your water and count your points! Have a happy weekend!

W/I tomorrow for me... ugh! Not going to be pretty with all the meds in my system but oh well!

Princess

CherryAutumn
06-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Well yesterday i think i did well and stayed within points. I did use 3 flex points to get in some extra fruit and veggies. I think that i have been choosing healthier snacks for the most part.

Itryharder
06-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey,
I detect a note of optimism in our posts. Weigh to go!

Princess, oh your son is sooooo lucky. Italy must be the most romantic and friendly place in the world. You've got a great attitude and you need your meds right now, so if the scale isn't cooperating just remember you'll get through this. I'm so happy you got to talk with your ds.

Cherry, weigh to go to use some extra points on fruit!!!! Now that's a great use of extra points.

Bandit, good luck on your WI and also on moving your dd back home.

I've gotta run--I'm finishing up my paperwork for the week, but wanted to check in and see how you're all doing. Tonight I'm going to a Pampered Chef party and tomorrow I've got another baby shower, but I'm hoping to leave a little early to go and catch some fireworks here at a park. I love fireworks and would hate to miss this display!

My points are good, my exercise is good, so I'm hoping for a :goodscale: this week. I really really want my weight to get to 25# lost so I've got to apply myself!

Judy

Itryharder
06-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi Turtles,
Took two days off from exercising because my leg muscles weren't used to gardening, kneeling, etc. and then :tread:. My points have been good this weekend. I used some of the 35 points on Saturday and today has been another good day. My dh and I are eating lighter. :chef: We're having sandwiches piled with lots of veggies for dinner. I find the Arnold bread that is only one point makes a great sandwich. I am looking for a weight loss this week at my WI on Wed. Tomorrow I'll wait for everyone to chime in and then I'll start a new thread.
Good luck with all you're doing, Turtles, and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
It's time for me to make a big push!!!!

Princess1122
06-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Morning all and happy Monday! Went to W/I on Saturday... I was thinking that I would have gained a bunch but I actually lost 1.2 so I was pretty happy about that. Not where I want to be right now but I will take it. Busy weekend for me. DH and I went to a festival yesterday, we shared a funnel cake... love them! But they are so high in points so we shared one. Used a ton of my flex points over the weekend for high points foods so I have to be careful for the rest of the week.

Princess

CherryAutumn
06-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Judy - Good to hear you and your husband have been eating lighter. My Dh tries to help me but it has been hard.

Princess - Oh i love funnel cakes but i was shocked at the amount of points for one funnel cake. That was a good idea to share one. Congrats on the 1.2 pounds lost. That is great.

Itryharder
06-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Princess, :bravo: on the :goodscale: This is :woo:!!!!! Hey, I hear you about the funnel cake. That has to be my favorite fair snack. Smart to share with dh.

Cherry, good to hear from you and I'm sending :goodvibes: that you keep on doing the stuff that's healthy for you!

Bandit and Chrily and Slugbug--how are you guys doing?

I'm doing great here, but the scale is up. I'm being philosophical about it and drinking plenty of water because it's probably salt helping me to retain some fluids. Sure hope that's gone by WI.

Take care, be well, and keep on keepin' on.
Judy

Princess1122
07-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday! It is a beautiful day here today... sunny and cool but supposed to get hotter as the day goes on. I went to the Y last night to swim and do a water aerobics class but the water was just too cold! I turned around and headed home, they said that the water heater was broken earlier in the day but that they thought it was fixed... my neck muscles could not handle anything so cold so I will try again on Wednesday evening. I worked in the vegetable garden instead and go about half of the weeding done... ugh! I will try and finish it tonight. I have tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers that have started, they are super tinny still but they are there... LOL. Can't wait for fresh tomatoes, they are summer staple in my meals.

Sounds like everyone is trying hard and that is a wonderful thing! I agree with Judy about the water intake, I am trying to get mine up also.

I have to run but will check back later on if I can, have a happy day all!
Princess

bandit2
07-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone:

I have been super busy up here with moving & long weekend etc.
But got everything moved & sorted & went away for most of weekend.

Did my w/i Sat a.m. since I worked Fri with having Thurs off moving.
I missed the week before & at this w/i I was up 3.2 over last 2 weeks, so was very disappointed & actually shocked about that. Now I know I had a few things (subs 2 nights for dinner) but didn't expect such a big gain.

I got in a few swims this past weekend up at trailer & spent 3 hours cutting grass between the house & trailer and a big walk. So hoping to drop most of that gain this week.

Sounds like everyone is doing great. It is Canada Day today, but my office is open since we were off yesterday, making a long weekend. Most places are closed.

Anyway, heres to a better week!

Itryharder
07-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Bandit,
That's not a fun gain, but if it makes you feel any better--I am up at least 2# this week after being almost perfect and adding back exercise. I'm taking off for a get away tomorrow so I'll miss my WI. I looked back at what I ate and I think since I changed food items for dinner quite drastically and many of them contained salt--that it's the salt that's holding fluids. Also--when I start up with exercise again I often gain weight. What I have to keep on telling myself is that it is temporary and I will lose it if I watch what I eat. However, it's not at all fun and I empathize with you completely!!!!

Okay, I'm going to start a new thread. See you at202.
JUudy