Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

Default Hungry on Jenny Craig?

I've basically made up my mind that I'm going to sign up with JC today and get started. The reason I've put on so much weight is because I am truly hungry. So I'm really afraid these small portions are only going to frustrate me and make me want to go off plan. Which I know in order to lose I have to cut back, that's why I want to try a structured plan. Please let me hear some good news!
JazzyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #2  
banned

Eat more food, less often or less food, more often.
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 271.8/257/160

Although the portions are small, once you add snacks and free foods you should be okay. That's not to say some days I couldn't eat anything in sight but then again that happens some days even when I'm not on Jenny.
luvtotravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

Use the free foods and make large salads. I also eat like a whole bag of steamed veggies with the dinner. They're free foods just steamed, with a lil Ms. Dash. For me breakfast is hard, never seems to be enough breakfast.
jusalilbabefat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 172.6/152.4/145

Height: 5'5 1/2"

JC tells us to volumize our meals which is a fancy way of saying add in lots of free foods. Volumizing, IMO, makes the program doable. So, along with lunch I have a VERY big salad with lots of different fresh veggies thrown in, and with dinner I have an entire bag of streamed veggies. If I'm hungry in between meals I snack on free foods as well (a bowl of roasted spicy vegetables, for example).

Volumizing is crucial because the portions are small. When you eat a lot of vegetables and salads with your meals and between meals, you never really have to go hungry. I wouldn't say I'm stuffed on JC but I am satisfied.
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

Yesterday was a bad day for me. I was doing great while at work, but once I got home I don't know I just lost it. I tried to do damage control, but I definitely lost it yesterday. I hope it doesn't screw with my W/I on Thursday to badly. I'm about to workout right now and try to right the wrong I have done.
jusalilbabefat is offline   Reply With Quote