Fitness Videos - Yoga Booty Ballet

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Yoga Booty Ballet

painted lady
06-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey, does anyone else do YBB? I have been doing it for a year and i've lost 30 lbs! It would be great to get some feedback or answer any questions anyone has about it.

RNmomof5
06-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Yes, I love it!!!! I prefer the "Live" DVDs. I lost about 40 lbs with Slim in 6, and another 15 with YBB. I recently bought Turbo Jam, and that has been a blast too.

Applez
06-13-2008, 04:58 PM
I was going to get this but for some reason the ladies seem weird in what they say at the start of the workout. When you tap your fingers to Kill something lol I forgot but after hearing that I did not download this. Seems they were in another world :)

Ailey60
06-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Could someone describe YBB? It sounds intriguing.

Applez
06-14-2008, 10:20 AM
go to you tube and type in yogo booty ballet they have the Ab Goddess one there

painted lady
06-14-2008, 10:19 PM
YBB is a combination of dance, yoga, and ballet (just like what the name suggests!) that is really fun and addictive. Each workout starts with a meditation section (some mudras or poses) and an intention. Your intention can be anything, from a positive image of yourself to a workout goal to a life goal. Lately my intention has been, "I will be soft and powerful."

Yeah, it's a little cheesy and weird, but it's so fun. The spiritual parts can freak people out at first... Like connecting yourself to the earth and heart energy and all that.
The clip on YouTube is actually from AM Latte, but it's a good example of the Master Series (which is just the two main instructors, no backup people).

in general, i really like all the Beachbody workout DVDs. they have a high production value.

viksmom
06-15-2008, 12:12 AM
I have the dvd's and I am trying to get back in to it but I am on of those people that yoyo's if i dont have some on i can talk to that can keep me on point. and I lost my goddess booklet that gives you the work out breakdown for beginner I am way out of shape after having my son 9 monthes ago and i have been lazy since then. =(

painted lady
06-15-2008, 03:19 PM
no worries viksmom, i have the goddess guide right in front of me! here's the breakdown for the 7 day exercise program (for beginners):

Day 1: The Rehearsal and Total Toning Basics
Day 2: Cardio Cabaret
Day 3: Advanced Fat Burning
Day 4: Hip Hop Abs
Day 5: Advanced Fat Burning
Day 6: Cardio Cabaret
Day 7: Advanced Fat Burning

I would recommend that anyone who has done YBB before invest in the Masters Series. I LOVE those. they include: Goddess Abs, Goddess Booty, Yoga Core, AM Latte, Sculpt, and Cardio Core. They are slightly more advanced, but for people who don't really like all the dancing, they are awesome. They mostly involve mat work and ball work.

If anyone has any more YBB questions, I am obsessed, so I can help!

Applez
06-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Is this the right YBB one It is Hip Hop Abs( it will not let me post the link to it but you can pm me for it)
There are 4parts you can download

This one is there also:
Cardio Cabaret and all parts are there also.

Did these work for you? I can also go pass the beginning lol if you saw a difference.

viksmom
06-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Painted Lady,
Thanks so much that will help me get started.

painted lady
06-16-2008, 03:26 PM
YBB is incredibly effective if you stick with it and give it your best shot. i've lost 30 pounds in the past year.

Applez, i don't know what you mean... there is a YBB workout called Hip Hop Abs and then there is also a whole separate unrelated program called Hip Hop Abs. I'm referring to the YBB one.

painted lady
06-16-2008, 03:29 PM
also, just give the cheesy meditation part a chance. it seems really stupid at first, but you'll get into it. and if not, just sit there and think about kicking *** in your workout. or fast forward.

Applez
06-16-2008, 06:38 PM
I was talking about the Yoga BB Hip Hop Abs one. So is that one different then then the Goddess Workout from YBB?

painted lady
06-16-2008, 08:00 PM
there are two goddess workouts, Abs and Booty. ok, let me go get my huge pile of DVDs and write a little bit about each one.

Total Toning Basics: this one involves free weights and is really good to do if you are tired/want to buff up your arms without being in pain the next day.
Advanced Fat Burning: lots of ballet! there's a ballet section that sucks so bad to do, but your results are fantastic.
Goddess Booty (Masters Series): results!! i love this one. lots of mat work for your bum.
Yoga Core (Masters Series): a little more advanced, so wait to do this one until you are pretty good at the yoga poses and your arms are stronger.
Goddess Abs (Masters Series): it hurts so good. this workout is fantastic for getting a washboard.
AM Latte (Masters Series): this is good to do on a Saturday morning because you get to do the first part in bed! and then it wakes you up.
Abdominals and Core Strength (Masters Series): three 12 minute sections that work from easy to hard. you can do one or all.
Sculpt (Masters Series): free weights and a good yoga section.
Complete Body Shaping (Live): you need body resistance bands, a Squishy Ball (you can get one from the Beachbody website), and a mat. your arms will get super defined.
Body Sculpting, Bollywood Style (Live): fun Indian-flavored dance routine followed by a resistance band session.
Go-Go (Live): silly, 60s-themed dance party!
Hip Hop Abs (Live): funky dance section followed by a nice abs routine.
Cardio Cabaret (Live): short and sweet! sexy dancing (you get to shake your booty and pretend to take off your stockings!) with a good ballet part at the end.
Latin Flavor (Live): super fun! dancing, then a "floor bar" ballet section.

painted lady
06-16-2008, 08:00 PM
and those are just the ones i own!

Applez
06-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks for posting! I will keep my eye out for the Goddess Abs (Masters Series) A few of the ones you posted I downloaded and will try those out since You said you like them :)

painted lady
06-17-2008, 06:34 PM
yay! i'm actually going to do Goddess Abs right now!

princesspeach
06-17-2008, 06:57 PM
I've got 12 of the 17 dvds (I'm just missing masters - i can't find them cheap anywhere, and I know they have the doubles together, but I'd like Pajama time as well).

I just started on monday and right now My abs are hurting real bad so i know i'm doing well. just for people who want to know what is what there is the

YBB Basic (also known as Total Goddess Package) that has the following:

Rehersal/Meditation,
Basic (which has a warmup, ballet, cardio/sculpt, yoga, abs, cooldown= 45 minutes)
Advanced (a big cardio section, ballet, yoga)
Sculpt: Big cardio/scult section wtih weights + yoga
Abs/Core: 3 12 minute sections focusing on your entire core area.

LIVE is a bit more advanced, but apparently more people enjoy them. they include the following:

Cardio Caberet
Light and Easy
Latin Flavour
Bollywood
Hip-hop Abs
Go-Go!
Complete Body Shaping

these have a diffence of what they do. Some have floor work, some do abs, some do toning, and some do yoga

Masters is advanced and it is
Yoga Core
Pajama Time
Am Latte
Goddess Booty
Goddess Abs.

The beginning and the end parts did kinda of bother me (A LOT), for various reasons, but I find that if i do it - it does focus me. Some of the intentions I like, and those that I don't like I say my own, do a little prayer, get focused and do it. I don't know if it's because I've finally learned after all these years or because of YBB but I can actually do situps now for the most part. (they hurrt like something goooooood LOL).

:) it would be good to do this with people :) right now as i've mentioned i'm doing the entire 10 week run and i'm on week one.

painted lady
06-18-2008, 09:12 PM
yay! i'm so glad for you! YBB really works. if you ever need any support, i'm here!
YBB is also really fun to do with friends... especially Cardio Cabaret, since it's short and pretty easy to learn.

One thing i LOVE about YBB is the little tips they give you while you're working out. like in Goddess Abs, Teigh tells us to get our shoulder blades off the floor in crunches. when i heard that, i was like, "oh! I can do that! i can do crunches!"

princesspeach
06-19-2008, 09:09 AM
hehe my goal painted lady, is to get my blades off the floor when i have to bring my legs and shoulders together, i still kinda flounder a bit!
that's sweet :) i'm pretty much on my own on this so it's great to get lots of online support!! espeically with YBB because you mention it and the loooks hehehe

Pieinthesky
06-19-2008, 09:29 AM
This looks so much fun - (http://musik.hitmeister.de/the-beatles-anthology-vol-03-18142/) i used to do a class called Body Balance which was similar but this looks even better - (http://www.hitmeister.de/item_all.php?id_type_item=4&categories=459)can anyone recommend dvds or even downloads?

Applez
06-19-2008, 09:56 AM
You tube has YBB they have: YBB Hip Hop Abs and the Cardio Caberet

painted lady
06-20-2008, 06:49 AM
if you go up a little, Princesspeach listed all the DVDs. i would recommend getting the basic YBB package to start and then adding on DVDs one by one. I love owning almost all the DVDs because i have such a choice of what i can do when i do YBB. Last night i did Cardio Cabaret, and tonight I think i'm going to do Goddess Booty or Go-Go.

princesspeach
06-21-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm so sad - i missed out on getting the master series on ebay AGAIN - lol and that is the one series that no one likes selling pout - pout.

Pie: painted lady is right; honestly, I'd start with the total goddess series then move to live than masters (this will also give you time to get it). you can check youtube to see if it's something that you're into. Also - the total goddess package I feel, sets you up FOR the live. I've previewed the live and they don't seem to explain more of the signature moves as they do in the original series. check ebay if you are tight for cash - I've seen the original series go for like 10.00. You'll be hard pressed to find ABs/core + sculpt (it's a green case disc). so if you ever want to know what the rotation is w/o that disc I'll be glad to help :)

Today is my rest day - my leg is killing me, i don't know if it's such a good idea now to do YBB AND WATP at the same time lol my thigh muscles feel so tight, but i do strech afterwards, maybe just not enough, humm hmm..

painted lady
06-21-2008, 07:08 PM
i found a copy of Abs/core and Sculpt on Amazon for like $7! holy crap, Sculpt is intense.

I did Latin Flavor last night (and i had forgotten how awesome/hurty the floor bar section is)! tonight i'm going to do Goddess Booty, I think.

princesspeach
06-21-2008, 08:44 PM
I got mine off ebay for 9 :) seriously, don't get your stuff off beachbody unless you 100percent have to, have to.

painted lady; way to go!! tomorrow is week two of total goddess... no changes, just instead of two days rest, three days. it's three days rest two days. i'm hoping to do 3 miles the days i just do abs, and then two miles the day i just have to do basic. i think if i'm GOING to excerise this much i'm GOING to have to eat a biit more. which is NOT a problem (in theory, lol but in practice).

i added your blog to my blog - (lol i have a blog) but we can catch up here for support yeah?

painted lady
06-22-2008, 11:34 AM
yay! it makes me so happy that you are doing and loving YBB!

princesspeach
06-22-2008, 06:16 PM
lol well i like it, but - my body isn't.
i've got a constant charlie horse from my hip to my calf, doing ab work now is super painful (because of squeezing the ball), and doing the ballet work. did you have this problem when you first started? I'm just waiting for the stupid hip to "crack" even sitting down i can feel everything hurt o the right side.

grrrrr i don't want to stop the program though! :(
any suggestions?

painted lady
06-22-2008, 09:59 PM
my first suggestion would be to go a little easier on yourself! you aren't going to make progress if you are sad and in pain. :(
you can always take the ball out of the equation during the ab sets, if it bothers you. it's a weird thing to get used to.

yeah, when i first started YBB, i couldn't move for a few days.... it's intense. go at the pace you think your body would like while still pushing yourself and trying.

and remember: you aren't going to instantly gain weight if you skip a day of exercise or if you go easier on yourself.

princesspeach
06-22-2008, 10:24 PM
hee. this is true. though i can be very easily unmotivated. yeah my ball is SO weird. (it's not like the one on t.v so i don't know if it's a bit bigger or smaller or what not). i think once i get this kink out of my right side i'll be a-okay.
tomorrow will be abs + watp so woot...we'll see :)

viksmom
06-23-2008, 01:16 PM
First to Peach keep it up girl we are cheering you on here in TX. I was sso sore when I first started i slacked for a week.
Ok I would love to know how every one is doing if thats ok.
I take my weight and measurements every monday and it is so motivating to see change.
on my start day I was 141LB and 39.5-36-42.5 (chest-waist-hips)
after week one I am 141LB ad 37.5-34-41.5:carrot:
I am so excited :D

painted lady
06-23-2008, 08:04 PM
i took my measurements a few days ago and i'm 38-30-38. a week ago, i was 39-31-39.

yay losing an inch! YBB definitely tightens you up.

princesspeach
06-23-2008, 11:35 PM
lol i forgot to measure myself....
but! i did press play - did abs today. hehe it doesn't hurt so much so either i'm used to it; or it's not working so much.. hm hm... i don't know!
i'm going to use some heat rub on my leg/hip hopefully that will help! :) thanks vikiismom :)

i'm just gonna keep plugging. maybe modify as i can :)
go us!

painted lady
06-24-2008, 12:02 AM
yay! see, i knew you could do it! we are awesome.

i did Goddess Abs today too. i really hate the part where you do the pulsing crunches. agh.

princesspeach
06-24-2008, 05:54 AM
well today is basic. lol i'm trying to think how to modify the plies... i used the heatrub on my hip and knee an stuff... no go

painted lady
06-24-2008, 10:33 AM
make sure you are doing the plies with your knees directly over your ankle. that will take a lot of the strain off your knee.

also, you could do some other movement instead of plies. try a releve or a demi plie. you can do it! :D

princesspeach
06-24-2008, 07:55 PM
LOL now i've got to google up releve!
i know demi plie is pretty much 1/2 down. it hurts more when i do tricpes. so i can demi there. but i just realised today is rest day so i'm resting from YBB and doing a 3 mile ab walk with leslie :)

i'm so excited; I lost ONE POUND! (and this is w/my period woot!!).
hey do any of you YBBers have MSN? or facebook?

painted lady
06-24-2008, 08:50 PM
releve is when you go up on your toes... it works your calves and feet and it feels really good. :)

yep, i'm on facebook: Amanda Lanyon-LeSage

princesspeach
06-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Cool! i'll add ya :)
I did 3 miles today - hip pain non existant... just transfered to the other side lmao! hehe I'm old woman I'm tellin ya! but I did my 3 miles now i get a nice rest and tomorrow basic and 2 miles!

princesspeach
06-25-2008, 10:51 AM
this Morning:
Basic (I did the abs section twice.... lol I am going to go with the adage they have in the book that you don't need to feel pain. when i first started i felt the abs and thigh work for days but now it's like, I do abs and I feel it when i do it but when I get to the recovery most of the ab/thigh work pain is gone. this means I just recover faster now :).

Hips still painful but didn't stop me from doing the Sculpt section. it just hurts when i pulse w/triceps (but that always hurt even before hip! LOL. i just reset and do it. I'm getting kinda hungry so it's gonna be doing morning things then a three mile walk then basic + a two mile walk. :) maybe i'll find the "pain" again later hehe i'm a nerd!

oh my legs really don't like beetle squat. like at all! i wonder what that move does anyway.

princesspeach
06-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Okay, yesterday - I added a three mile weight lost walk with Leslie.

Today I did Abs/Core twice (level one). then i'm gonna do a three mile walk after lunch, then abs + another three mile walk. (this is the PLAN hehe we'll see if we'll do it).

painted lady
06-26-2008, 09:41 PM
you are DEDICATED! just don't overdo it, okay? listen to your body. :)

i did AM Latte this morning (it really does wake you up), and i think i'm going to do Cardio Cabaret tonight... maybe. yesterday was my birthday, so i didn't work out.

viksmom
06-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Ok been busy for a couple of days so now I am back
I was wondering peach if you are getting enough omega3 in your food I have a lot joint pain due to RA mostly my hands and knees and when I dont take an omega3 vitamin everyday I really hurt. That might help your hips.
oh yeah I am on facebook too Alexandria Cowdrey.

painted lady
06-27-2008, 05:03 PM
also maybe try some glucosamine and chondroitin? they help joints too!

i'm going to go do Cardio Cabaret. i figured out at work today that i can do the whole Cardio Cabaret dance without the video. that's how obsessed i am.

viksmom
06-28-2008, 01:24 AM
LOL...I can do almost all the YBB basic with out the video yours sounds like more fun though

painted lady
06-28-2008, 01:50 AM
also, doing the Cardio Cabaret dance in the middle of a busy coffee shop (i'm a barista) is amusing.

princesspeach
06-28-2008, 08:54 PM
maybe.... it's so hot - i'm barely eating anything (but i'm eating don't worry LOL), lots of nuts, cereal... milk... i'm trying to figure out what to cook next week - zucchini apple muffins are up there, but everything else is ehh. tomato soup probably....

LOL more bored than dedicated. i can't find a job (which is okay because i can focus more on opening my own business), and i really have nothing else to do in the day, so i do basic + some miles in the morning and repeat at the night (also - hoping that it will lean me out faster, which isn't really happening right now LOL i feel BIGGER. odd). Wednesday :D (or thursday) I did my first FIVE mile walk i was soo excited!! Friday i hurt my neck lmao doing the warmup (the shoulder rolls i heard something crack.

Now we're on week three so it's basic plus abs 12 (I think sculpt is in there too). so i don't know how I can add a walk in there unless it's walk at night, YBB in the morning and not double it up :)

Did you have a good birthday?

painted lady
06-29-2008, 11:36 AM
my birthday was fantastic! i saw Kung Fu Panda and ate Indian food. mmmm. then i had some ice cream, but it was my birthday, so whatever.

i fit into a size 8 now! yay YBB!

princesspeach
06-29-2008, 12:25 PM
i love indian food delish!
YAY congrats!.
i don't know. i am looking really puffy. and my clothes are getting bigger...hmhm hm... well tmorrow i'm babysitting so i can weigh myself and see what is what.

viksmom
06-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Happy Belated Birthday! I am glad you had a good one.

I am deading this weeks weigh in I have been such a slacker cause i was depressed ( had a fight with the SO at the begining of the week) my BFF has been bailing on our evening walks and so i still do it but it is shorter cause i am afraid to walk by myself.

princesspeach
06-29-2008, 11:35 PM
why don't you invest in Leslie Sansone walks - this way you can walk at home - and not outside (I can't wak outside because of the insane weather we have....). and it can whip your butt! :)

did basic today :)

painted lady
06-30-2008, 07:27 PM
i just did the first two sections of Abs/Core. oof! that's intense, but in a good way.

i move to Madison, Wisconsin, in a week and a half.... i think i might join either Weight Watchers or a gym or something. or i might look for an inexpensive elliptical machine. i need something else to help me tone/lose, even though i'm almost at my target weight. maintaining is hard, dudes!

i HATE when my housemates walk in when i'm YBBing. i get really embarrassed.

princesspeach
07-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Why don't you try the Firm? They guarantee that whole 10 workout change thing :) I just stocked up on some to power through YBB - still not a pound lost - wish I remembered to measure myself to see if anything hapened in the past two weeks.

:) i'm going to do WW as well. (as a total free-lancer...i can't afford the meetings or anything) but it will be great to do with!

painted lady
07-01-2008, 01:25 AM
i'm scared to try a non-YBB workout video. i used to do Tae Bo (like 10 years ago)....

princesspeach
07-01-2008, 01:13 PM
oh how comes? any particular reason?

okay here's my weigh in/measurements.
Im doing shred + YBB + Watp :)

Weight: 240
Chest: 46 (Underchest 36)
Waist: 39 (Tummy 50 :O Red Face :O!)
Neck: 14 1/2
Arm: 15 1/2

viksmom
07-01-2008, 06:12 PM
I just did the first section of sculpt and did abs before work abs was ok I would have gone further if I had time But sculpt kicked my butt ad i dont have weights :^:. Thanks for the walking video tip I will try it and painted lady I sooo understand the "oh no I got caught moment" I work out 2 hrs before work (3:15 am) and my Boyfriend always comes in from his night at the bar and catches me :o

Measurments for week 3
(i was such a slacker!)
Before After Total loss
weight 141 138 3 lbs
chest 37.5 37.5 0 in
hips 41.5 42 .5 in
waist 34 34 0 in
Arms 12 ea 12.25 ea .25in
thighs 25.5 ea 24.5 ea 1 in ea

see I was a slacker :( but I "made lemonaid out of lemons" it motivated me to start the special K diet. a girl i know lost like 45 lbs on it. lets hope it works for me too.

princesspeach
07-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Special K Diet? ooh, is that the one where you have special k for two meals and then a dinner? (or vice versa?)
Sculpt HURT! lol I can't lunge to save my life, and the turnin/turnouts, holy burning thighs batman. actually I was told that I have to actually reduce the exercising (I am just feeling too wiped out, not in a good exercise way, but in a all i want to do is sleep way). So i'm going to just do WATP for a while and YBB Abs, and maybe one day a week do a LIVE since it's more easily seperated. t

painted lady
07-02-2008, 04:29 PM
yeah, the lunges in Sculpt (and in Complete Body Shaping) kill me. but it works!

i think i'm going to do Latin Flavor or another dancey one tonight. i need more cardio!

paris81
07-03-2008, 11:24 AM
I actually do have a question! I have the pack with Total Toning Basics, Advanced Fat Burning, Cardio Cabaret, and Hip Hop Abs. I'm using the website Daily Plate to count calories and track exercise, but I don't know how to put the YBB workouts in, because it's more than just yoga, and they don't have an option specifically for YBB.

Is there a way to find out how many calories I burned based on my weight?

Any other suggestions?

princesspeach
07-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I usually split it differently

Do yoga + Cardio + strength

painted lady
07-03-2008, 05:32 PM
good call, Peach!

yeah, that website is weird sometimes. yesterday i tried to enter "barista work", and the search turned up with Baked Garlic Chips. what?

viksmom
07-06-2008, 10:03 PM
I hope every one had a Happy 4th. I had a great one.

I am so discouraged and dont know what to do I am not getting any smaller and i am working soooo hard :(

painted lady
07-07-2008, 06:11 PM
don't give up! i am at a plateau right now and it's frustrating too.

princesspeach
07-08-2008, 09:19 PM
yes don't be..
i'm actually going to shelve YBB for the meanwhile (everything but the abs dvd), and do something else beause i'm not really seeing any results or anything (inches nada nada) but i took a rest and just did a regular ole walking tape and strength and "poof!" 1.5 pounds lost.

painted lady
07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
i've been stress eating a lot lately (i'm moving and aggggh), but i'm still at 140, so that's good.

i'm going to to do Bollywood tonight, i think. that one gets me nice and sweaty!

chickybird
07-08-2008, 09:44 PM
I just ordered a few YBB dvd's from blockbuster.com. I'm really uncoordinated, but I'll do my best. Even if I get lost in the middle, I'll just keep moving:)

painted lady
07-08-2008, 11:14 PM
with YBB, you just have to have fun and go with it. it doesn't matter if you aren't perfect! just shake your booty a lot. :D

i'm going to go attempt to do YBB right now, but we moved our TV out of our bedroom so i have to do it in the living room. which is weird.

painted lady
07-10-2008, 12:26 PM
so is it possible to stay the same weight but look chubbier? i have that going on right now and it sucks.

princesspeach
07-10-2008, 06:47 PM
yeah, I think so.
it's sort of like you've lost your "firm-ness". so you aren't as toned. it's the reason why two peoople at the sameweight can't always wear the same sized clothes, because one is toned and one is not.

chinchillables
07-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey, does anyone else do YBB? I have been doing it for a year and i've lost 30 lbs! It would be great to get some feedback or answer any questions anyone has about it.

I'm loving the title of this thread, lol. Any videos? At first I thought you were gonna post this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xPlw05WKTmc

LOL. This video came from a yoga video, I dunno which but if I find it, I'm buying it. LOL.

(( side note == this is not the real music for it, some idiot changed the music and changed boots to repeat when she says glutes at one point. I have the original somewhere, but this one is funny ))

painted lady
07-11-2008, 12:43 AM
yeah, i think my awful eating habits lately have been catching up with me. bleh. moving is super stressful and makes me eat crappily.

on the bright side, i've been doing a lot of lifting (bookshelves, bedframes, boxes of DVDs) and sweating (Iowa gets really hot and humid, bleh). i move on Saturday and after that, i should get back on track!

Applez
07-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Try the Whole YBB on YouTube before you buy. They have 2 full lengths one there.

meggoat
07-11-2008, 06:52 PM
ok, painted lady, you sold me. my starting weight is near yours and our goal weights are nearly the same. difference is i'm only 5 pounds from my starting weight and you're 5 pounds from your goal! i walk to burn fat (and earn food), but definitely need to tone. i'm good with a program so following the goddess guide will be something i can do.
i like good music (could never do curves because of the sickly tunes) and dancing and can ignore the flake/cheese factor if i'm losing inches.
thanks for the enthusiastic posts!!!!

princesspeach
07-12-2008, 12:40 AM
hehe have fun meggoat.

i'm actually going to sell mine soon - if you (or anyone) are interested let me know - my brother has an ebay account so it will be all safe :)

painted lady
07-16-2008, 12:14 AM
yay meggoat! seriously, YBB is fun and you feel fantastic afterwards. i did Goddess Abs about an hour ago and my abs still feel all tingly.

if you have any questions at all, just let me know! :D

meggoat
07-16-2008, 09:22 PM
I'd already ordered the goddess guide/set from beachbody. I've got my mat and am now just waiting...supposed to be express delivery but UPS tracking shows it's still in PA. Set comes with a squishy ball - will I need any other equipment? And how much floor space?

viksmom
07-17-2008, 12:06 AM
I went out and got some 2lb hand and ankle weights once i started to get used to the intenity to get a better work out and as far as floor space you just need to be able to put your body flat on the floor on all sides maybe a little less.

painted lady
07-18-2008, 06:00 PM
yeah, before i moved i was doing YBB in a space about 5.5 feet by 2.5 feet. it wasn't ideal, but i could do it!

for Sculpt and Basic you'll need hand weights, and for Bollywood and Complete body sculpting you'll need resistance bands. most of the workouts don't require any equipment!

princesspeach
07-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Oh meg - lol you should have told me. i could have given you my entire set. :)
but you're pretty much good.

meggoat
07-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Well, this kicked my butt last night - I way overdid it in the 90 plus heat after eating and was totally nauseated for hours... (did 30 minutes of abs/core and 30 of sculpt). Not discouraged, though; thought it was a good workout and I just need to do a little less and on an empty stomach (whenever that is...)
Thanks for all the support; I'll keep you posted,

meggoat
07-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Yesterday, just did one 12-minute YBB abs workout. Today, did Cardio Cabaret and loved it! I was scared that first day but think I just way overdid it with the hour workout.
And, by the way, I checked out prices on ebay and amazon and they are so much better than beachbody - Buyer Beware - those will be the last DVDs I buy directly from them!

painted lady
07-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Cardio Cabaret is probably in my top 3 favorites. it's so fun. and i can do the whole dance without the video because that's how pathetic i am!

so since i moved to Madison and forgot to pack my scale i have NO idea how much i weigh right now, but i think i've lost at least five pounds in the past week and a half. my pants are loose (again)! so maybe i'm a size 6 now? i don't know.

i'm focusing now on toning and sculpting my muscles, so i've been doing a lot of Complete Body Shaping, Bollywood, and Sculpt. it's funny... when i first did Bollywood, i thought the resistance band part was so hard and now it's a piece of cake compared to Sculpt!

meggoat
07-22-2008, 09:58 PM
I've ordered Bollywood off ebay or amazon...it hasn't arrived yet. Did do HipHopAbs and liked it, but not as much as CardioCabaret. I like the variety, though. Sculpt was definitely a hard one!
What kind of resistance bands will I need for Bollywood? (I want to be ready to do it, when the DVD arrives.)
I'm so out of shape the abdominal exercises are killers!
I'm gaining weight and telling myself it's muscle since my clothes are looser - but I've never been a 6, even when rail thin...an 8 is being optimisitic...

mbfullernc
07-24-2008, 05:20 PM
I did YBB last night for the first time and loved it. I am not the best at it, but I didn't get frustrated which is helpful. My legs and rear are sore today, but I can't wait to go home and try another one.
I have the basic one that I got off amazon. How important is the squishy ball?
My back hurt when I was rolling on the floor, would a mat help?

meggoat
07-24-2008, 07:37 PM
I couldn't do it without a mat - it would be hard on the back - even a towel would help.
I think the squishy ball makes it more of a workout - can you buy just the ball off ebay?
I try to do an abs workout every other night and a cardio one on nights I can't get out for a walk. It will be really great for winter!

Pieinthesky
07-25-2008, 01:24 PM
OK so i accepted that i wasn´t going to lose my big fat belly (especially as i am now living in germany and the food here too good to resist) so i decided to buy this belly dancing video (http://www.amazon.com/Ranias-Exotic-Belly-Dance-Workout/dp/B00007KLDI)! It is a good workout (it gives me a good sweat) and also loads of fun - i actually ended up burning more calories laughing at myself!I bought it from hitmesiter (http://www.hitmeister.de/)- i think its a bit like amazon but for germany. [/I]Its something a little bit different.

painted lady
07-26-2008, 08:03 PM
the squishy ball is pretty important. i think you can get squishy ball type things at a sports store or whatever. it helps with crunches and all that!

get pretty long resistance bands... not the pilates kind, but some that are at least 3 or 4 feet long. mine are a little too short and it's annoying as crap.

Just for perspective, i started out as a size 12 and now i'm almost a size 6. ALL FROM DOING YBB, for serious. :D

painted lady
07-26-2008, 08:05 PM
also, Hip Hop Abs is probably my least favorite one... it's too long or something. and you have to do the dance like 32484093805 times.

meggoat
07-27-2008, 08:35 PM
12 to a 6?! That's inspirational. I'm doing a YBB every evening. Tried Go-Go yesterday which was okay but today did the 60-min advanced abs/booty full workout and liked it a lot. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the tip on the bands.

meggoat
07-28-2008, 08:48 PM
I did YBB last night for the first time and loved it. I am not the best at it, but I didn't get frustrated which is helpful. My legs and rear are sore today, but I can't wait to go home and try another one.
I have the basic one that I got off amazon. How important is the squishy ball?
My back hurt when I was rolling on the floor, would a mat help?
So, how's it going? As I was using the squishy ball, I realized it helps isolate the lower abdomen and that seems like it's main role. I was away this weekend and didn't realize I'd need the ball or mat for Go-Go YBB and used a pillow instead (as they recommend if you don't have the ball) and a towel and it was not the same at all. Highly recommend the ball for the workout and the mat for comfort.
Did Bollywood YBB tonight, which uses the resistance bands - I used the least resistance but I could probably go up one. I thought the Bollywood dance routine was a bit on the lame side, but it was nice for variety. I'm working my way through the basic and total goddess DVDs and all the Live series. There was a little fold-out nutrition guide (not the goddess guide) that has a 7-day program of DVDs to follow, which I've been doing, although I'm substituting any Live DVD for CardioCabaret and HipHopAbs to keep things interesting.
I'm starting to get a bit hooked on YBB - not bad as far as addictions go I guess...

painted lady
07-29-2008, 02:39 PM
yay! it's a good addiction, i think. :)

i haven't done the Advanced Fat Burning one in a really long time. i just remember the ballet section making me want to jump out the window (in a good, OMG my butt, kind of way).

meggoat
07-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Did Latin Flavor YBB DVD today - dance routine was so-so but I really liked the floor work in this one - that abdominal exercise where you scissor your legs was intense!
Tomorrow, I'll probably try out Light and Easy.
I really like doing these in the evening; it gives me an energy burst after work.

painted lady
07-30-2008, 01:53 AM
oh god, the ballet floor bar in Latin Flavor makes me want to kill someone.

i started wearing shorts again! like above my knee! i don't even really like my thighs, but whatever, i have a nice butt.

stacysreadytolose
07-30-2008, 04:44 AM
I am uncoordinated, how difficult is it to get into YBB? I'm just getting ready to start TJ when I get it in the mail. I know they always talk about plateauing sp? and I thought alternating might help, and YBB sounds interesting!

painted lady
07-30-2008, 04:05 PM
can you shake your booty in front of your mirror? then you can do YBB! i am really clumsy and uncoordinated and i can do it. also! if you fall down or mess up a move, it doesn't matter. just have fun!

YBB is really easy to get into because it is so fun, so effective, and the trainers are really motivating.

meggoat
07-30-2008, 10:35 PM
I agree - as long as you're moving in some way, that's all that matters. I've taken a few dance classes in past, just for fun (ballet, tap, modern, hip-hop, jazz, swing, square) but never won any prizes for grace or coordination. I just like trying any kind of dancing.
Today, did the advanced dvd again with the ballet "circuit" moves which feel great and I really like the dance part of this one too (starts out with the "broadway sweep..."). Didn't get home from work until 7:30 p.m. so it was really the last thing I wanted to do, but it was really energizing and a lot of fun.

meggoat
08-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Just did Light and Easy YBB DVD and this would be an ideal beginner's routine - very straightforward with lots of familiar aerobics steps and not too taxing; the abs workout, on the other hand, is a killer!

painted lady
08-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Light and Easy and Pajama Time are the only two i don't own!!!!! i want them!

i did Complete Body Shaping yesterday afternoon and it was awesome. i hate the lunges in that one, but all the arm stuff and ab stuff is fantastic. i love feeling my body getting stronger; two months ago i couldn't do the abs part of Complete Body Shaping without wanting to die!

i just ate a cookie and had an iced soy latte (it's REALLY hot in Wisconsin right now)... i think for dinner i'm going to make a grilled chicken breast and some sauteed veggies or something. i also have to buy new shorts because the ones i'm wearing (a size 11 [from Target]) are far far far too big.

meggoat
08-01-2008, 11:32 PM
PL - I think you're too advanced for Light and Easy - the aerobics part was definitely for beginners (easy even for me). I'd like to get Pajama Time for those nights I'm out later and need to work out right before bed, but I've been checking eBay and have only seen it once and it sold for something outrageous (like $30). I have Complete Body Shaping and will try that tomorrow - it's the only one of the Live series I haven't tried yet. Sounds good. Tonight I did the Basic workout which I did once before, exactly one week ago, and it already seems a lot easier than it did last week. (I did a YBB workout every day!)
It's hot in Baltimore, too; discovered the 64-calorie Beck's Premium Light, though, which has helped.
Looking forward to retiring my size 14s soon.

stacysreadytolose
08-02-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm definitely looking into YBB then. It does sound awesome, and having fun while working out seems like a recipe for success.

meggoat
08-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Stacy - You won't believe this, but I just measured myself and was astounded: I've lost 3 inches from my waist in the past 2 weeks since starting YBB (I also increased my walking from 30 to 45 minutes a day in the past week, otherwise no other changes). I highly recommend YBB for toning!!
If you do YBB, I'd recommend not doing anything that seems like a strain on your joints - I have taken a gentle yoga class (for people with knee/back problems) before and know how to modify some of the moves to avoid injury. For instance, I just did Complete Body Shaping and modified the star pose (put my forearm on my thigh rather than putting my hand on my shin or floor) and some of the other moves. You can still get a lot out of YBB even if you're not super-flexible, etc. Just "listen to your body" (as they say) and don't do anything that feels painful.

stacysreadytolose
08-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Meggoat-Thanks for that! I'm probably going to wait until next month to purchase it though. I just bought TJ, and that was a chunk of cash! I gotta say just starting out with calorie counting alone has been great. Adding these fun workouts is enough to make me shake my booty for joy! lol

Renee B
08-03-2008, 02:25 AM
Thanks Painted Lady for recommending the Master's series. I've been thinking about trying YBB but wasn't sure if it would be much of a challenge. I'll give it a try. :)

painted lady
08-03-2008, 01:10 PM
yay for all of you new people trying YBB! i'm so proud of you!!!!

and i am probably the least flexible person on the planet. don't worry about it, dudes! just have fun and work hard. :D

painted lady
08-08-2008, 08:43 PM
i did AM Latte this morning and i totally had forgotten how sweaty that one makes me! it felt awesome.

i think i might buy Turbo Jam or something like that because i need more cardio in my life.

stacysreadytolose
08-10-2008, 02:16 AM
Turbo Jam rocks! I love it, even me, the most uncoordinated person in the world has finally gotten the hang of most of the moves without breaking my neck. I'm still very excited to buy YBB soon. Do they have informercials for it ever? I've been trying to find one just to see them in action.

painted lady
08-10-2008, 05:09 PM
i just saw an infomercial for it the other day... it looks cool. my local library has workout DVDs to borrow, so i took out The Biggest Loser Cardio Max. i hope i don't die! i'm not used to a lot of cardio.

my mom might start a YBB group with her friends!

princesspeach
08-10-2008, 07:41 PM
everone is doing so great!!
lol i'm super jealous - everyone does YBB and loses inches, and i don't. sniff sniff

BlueAngel1
08-12-2008, 02:00 PM
awww princesspeach..... you just keep trying...... it looks as though you only have 10 lbs to lose,,,, they will be very stubborn, lol!

BlueAngel1
08-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Hey ya'll! My mom is sending me her copy of Yoga Booty Ballet and I should receive it this afternoon. I can't wait to try it!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/slider-egg/lb/0/80/0/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

BlueAngel1
08-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Stacey...... try Amazon when you want to buy YBB.... that's where I got my TJ five workouts from for $14.98 and that included the shipping. They were new and factory wrapped -they said- although the Learn & Burn was defective and they are sending another one.

I did my first real L&B (what I could before the freezing up started) and some of the cardio party this morning ... it wasn't perfect form but I did get 30-40 minutes worth in..... :) I want to do some of the YBB this afternoon when it comes in... I'll let you know how it goes, lol! Of course, tomorrow I may not be able to walk, lol! I'm desperate to lose some fat and inches though...

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/slider-egg/lb/0/80/0/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

painted lady
08-12-2008, 05:57 PM
yay! you can do it, BlueAngel! you will be sore, but then once your body gets used to it, it will feel so good!

i'm going to go do Advanced Fat Burning right now... i'm nervous because i haven't done that one in a really long time! i think it'll be easier than it used to be because now my body is stronger.

how is everyone else doing? are you guys all happy with your YBB experiences?

princesspeach
08-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh no - lol not 10 - 60. but i want to do it 10 lbs at a time. :)
i'm just right now doing ybb ab work because it's the only thing that doesn't hurt my neck so fast. :)

meggoat
08-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm still loving it - I was away for the weekend and really missed the workouts. I haven't moved into the Master's series yet, but have them ready to go (including Pajama Time which finally showed up used on amazon!!). I need to update my ticker - I'm down to 145 today!
I'm trying to get my walking partner to supplement her workouts with YBB - it's been incredible for me.

painted lady
08-13-2008, 11:22 PM
yay!

the masters' series is really awesome... but REALLY hard the first few times you do them.

i'm probably going to buy some other fitness DVDs to supplement my YBB with.... i'm pretty much at my goal weight, but i want to get a little more toned.

i'm including some pictures... the first is from August 2006 (which wasn't even my heaviest) and the second is more recent (like two months ago, and i've lost more weight since then, which you can tell by looking at this second picture and then at my avatar picture).

meggoat
08-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Great pics - definite difference in your face, although hard to see toning in after pics since I doubt your working on your face muscles. :)
When I'm close to my goal weight, I'll post before and after pics; I know just the before pic - it's taken from behind and I look big as a house.

painted lady
08-14-2008, 11:50 PM
my boyfriend took a picture of me tonight on my new scooter (!!!), so i'll post that once he puts it on the internets. my legs look all long and lean!

painted lady
08-17-2008, 01:11 PM
pictures time!

i found some good illustrative pictures of the extent of my weight loss.
in the first picture, i am the one in the gray tank top. ew.

meggoat
08-17-2008, 04:01 PM
That's impressive - both the weight loss and, even more, the toning.
I'm going right now to do another YBB workout.
I'm halfway to my goal weight - after starting calorie counting and focusing on exercise in late June.
This is great!

painted lady
08-18-2008, 05:36 PM
yay meggoat! i'm so glad you are seeing results. isn't it awesome?

blech, i feel like i'm getting a cold. my throat is scratchy and my glands are swollen. i had some chicken soup earlier and that was delicious, and then i took a nap. now i'm going to clean my house and work out! i'm productive.

tonimaroni2
08-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Ok after reading this thread I just bought my first Yoga Booty Ballet videos! I bought the entire set for really cheap and they should be here in about 4 days. I'm so excited!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar027/slider-hearts/lb/166/132/149/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

painted lady
08-19-2008, 02:06 AM
i'm so glad you bought them! you'll love it.

painted lady
08-19-2008, 10:08 PM
yesterday i decided to rent a Walk Away the Pounds DVD for variety.... gross. it was weird and awkward and not for me. my boyfriend was in the living room during it and made a face like he had just smelled rotten cheese. i can see it working for others, but Leslie Sansone was too chipper for me (and this coming from someone who LOVES Gillian Marloth).

so i did Advanced Fat Burning instead, which i hadn't done in a long time and it was way easier than i remember it being. i guess i've gotten stronger and more flexible! yay! tonight i'm going to do Abdominals and Core Strength. usually i just do the first two sections, but tonight i might do all three.

meggoat
08-19-2008, 10:22 PM
No YBB tonight :(
Spent two hours in the hair salon with obsessional colorist/stylist. They were filming some reality series there ("Split Ends"?) with roller derby stylist doing hottest pink dye job. But I digress...
Really missed YBB - will do again tomorrow - and take a couple with me while away from home the next two weeks.
Hope I can at least maintain my progress while away. (Today I weighed in at 143.6!!) I love Yoga Booty Ballet, too!
Tonimaroni2: keep me posted on which ones you're doing and like. I have tried all but the Master's series (which I'm saving to do when I feel I need to mix it up)...I hope you love YBB! My faves of the beginner's workouts so far are the basic and advanced workouts on the goddess dvd and Cardio Cabaret.

painted lady
08-19-2008, 10:29 PM
weird hair salon story, meggoat! was the stylist roller skating around?

k, i have to stop internetting and start YBBing!

tonimaroni2
08-20-2008, 12:11 AM
OK I haven't got my DVD's yet but I did the cardio caberet video from youtube and I loved it! It wasn't that hard and I was seriously sweating when it was done. I can't wait to try the others!

Painted Lady - you're Walk Away the Pounds post made me laugh so hard! I guess I won't be trying that one.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar027/slider-hearts/lb/166/132/149/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

rswlchic
08-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Hello there,

I am new to this thread. I have been hanging around but not posting for the past couple of days. I did Hip Hop abs & caberet from you tube. At first I was a thinking cheesy then I just said screw just....let yourself go. Once I stopped thinking about how stupid I looked I really started to have a good time. So now I am considering purchasing a video or 2. Any recommendations for which one to buy for starters? Is it better to buy a set? What is the price range? I want to avoid buying anything too easy since I'm in pretty good shape cardio wise. I run and walk regularly and my flexibility is decent but could use some work.

Any help you YBB junkies can offer would be great.

Thanks!

tonimaroni2
08-22-2008, 02:10 AM
I don't know which video you would like best with the shape you're in but I suggest you buy them on Amazon. That's where I found the cheapest deals.

painted lady
08-22-2008, 08:21 PM
hey lady! welcome!

i would recommend the basic YBB set. it includes Basic Toning, Advanced Fat Burning, Cardio Cabaret, and Hip Hop Abs, and it comes with a squishy ball to use for ab work. (you'll also need free weights for basic toning, which aren't included.) Advanced Fat Burning is a good one because it's cardio, it's super yoga, and it's lots of ballet. if you like this one, or it becomes too easy for you, then you can move on to the Masters' Series.

painted lady
08-26-2008, 12:28 PM
mmm i just did Yoga Core. i used to hate that one because it was really hard, but now it feels good. yay for being strong!

how's things out there in your lives?

painted lady
08-28-2008, 09:07 AM
thoughts on Sculpt? i did it last night and skipped most of the yoga part... it takes forever and is annoying.

painted lady
08-30-2008, 06:11 PM
ladies! (and gents?) don't let the YBB forum die!

how's it going?

meggoat
09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I've been away for two weeks and was without YBB. Long travel day today (about 15 hours - all the way from Spain!) so looking forward to YBB tomorrow. I did Sculpt my very first day with YBB and haven't since.
It won't die!!

painted lady
09-02-2008, 03:23 PM
you should do Sculpt again. it SUCKS, but i think it's effective. all those stupid plies. good lord.

how was Spain??

meggoat
09-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Barcelona was hot, hot, hot! I did a lot of walking. Saw incredible art. Met some great people.
Have done Advanced Abs since back and will do Sculpt tomorrow. I have been walking every day and trying to get back into my daily YBB routine...
Once I get into a routine, I'm good.
I was able to maintain while I was away but haven't been losing (and won't until I'm back in my daily YBB mode).

SephyFowl
09-05-2008, 10:17 PM
So for a beginner which 'set' of YBB do you chicks recommend?

meggoat
09-08-2008, 08:51 PM
My favorites, as a beginner, are total toning basics and advance abs and booty (come together on the basic goddess dvd) and cardio cabaret. Hip Hop Abs is okay too. So if you get these two or three dvds and the ball, you can stay challenged and un-bored for at least a month. Then, you can try adding in some others of the Live series or the total goddess dvd (which has sculpt and three 12-min each workouts).
I just did Sculpt for the second time ever and really loathe it on many levels - no dance (which is the part I like best) - ballet or booty - and no sit-ups (which I also like) - just weights and really over-the-top yoga. The short workouts on that DVD are much better, IMO.
I have the Masters series DVDs but haven't tried them yet - I'm waiting til I'm completely bored with the others, which hasn't happened yet. I really love the Advanced Abs dance routine!!!
Have fun,

painted lady
09-09-2008, 08:11 PM
the Masters' series is awesome.

and i agree with everything meggoat said!

painted lady
09-13-2008, 09:14 PM
i bought The Firm: Total Toner and while i like it, i don't really like the instructor....

here's the thing: i know that Gillian and Teigh are scripted, but they don't seem AS scripted as a lot of things... a lot of the time it just seems spontaneous (like when teigh starts singing and gillian laughs). Allie, the Firm trainer, was good at explaining the various moves, but it seemed like she didn't want to be there. ALSO, she had enormous boobs that distracted me.

meggoat
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
I've been away from 3FC and YBB for too long. I've been keeping up with morning walks and calorie counting and surprisingly still losing weight but looking forward to this weekend when I can do a couple of YBB workouts to help with the toning - I might try a Master's for variety - which do you think is the most FUN??
I find G and T to be some of the least annoying workout instructors I've come across...

meggoat
09-23-2008, 08:51 PM
How's everyone's YBB coming? I've honestly not done any in about 2 weeks (after being away and getting out of the habit) and need some inspiration here to get back into the routine. I'm losing weight much more slowly by not doing this in addition to the walking!!! My short-term goal's to lose another 2 pounds by the end of the month and I need YBB to do this...

painted lady
09-25-2008, 07:36 PM
here's some inspiration!

there's this great site called My Virtual Model. you can put in your height and weight and it calculates a virtual image of you. it's useful for seeing yourself after weight loss. and here are mine! the first one is at 165lbs, and the second is at 135lbs.

tonimaroni2
09-26-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm not really a fan of the total toning basics. It's too boring for me. I really love the Cardio Cabaret and the Hip Hop Abs is great too. Maybe Total Toning Basics just has too much yoga, not enough booty ballet for me. ;)

painted lady
09-27-2008, 07:09 AM
i haven't done total toning basics for a long time... but i can imagine it being too easy for me now!

painted lady
09-29-2008, 09:22 AM
tonimaroni2, you should look into getting some of the Live DVDs... they have way more dancing and stuff. I recommend Body Sculpting: Bollywood Style.

tonimaroni2
10-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks, I'll look into that!!

VivaVi
10-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Hello ladies first time. I have recently been trying to get back into weight loss and i go to the gym sporadically enought to feel like im working out but not see any results! awesome.. so i figured a video would be just what i needed. i saw this thread and decided to give yoga booty ballet a try. its been in my closet for a week but i just busted it out and i am in love! about 2 years ago i was up to 220. and on my 5'2" frame! but I combined walking and one video (denise austins fat blasting yoga) and that brought me down to 190. over this year i have gradually gotten down to 180 but i am ready to recommit and blast through those last 50 pounds to my goal! i liked denise austin alot (and hey i got results) but after 4 months of the one video i was bored out my mind.. i just tryed total toning basics .. i thought it would be too easy for me. since i can do a good amount of cardio when i choose too. but it definitly got me sweating. and i love the variety that came with the kit i got at target (30 bucks) i just need to get hand weights..i didnt know you needed them so i did it without them. anyways i love the instructors and im super excited about the variety.. i think ill combine it will cardio at the gym to really see results. but i hope to get some constant inspiration from this thread and check in with you guys. i think it will really help motivate me.

Vi :)

painted lady
10-04-2008, 04:08 PM
i LOVE when people discover YBB. it makes me smile. :)

and i live two minutes away from a Super Target, so i'm there all the time. something that's awesome: they run out of YBB starter sets about once every two weeks. yay for people trying something new!

VivaVi, welcome! if you need any help or inspiration, we are all here for each other.

VivaVi
10-07-2008, 05:23 PM
so just tried cardio cabaret. i have literally watched it 3 times without being able to get into it and toady i finally just told myself to just do it. and im glad i did! i think thats the thing the set is so campy you really have to go in with an open mindset. i really enjoyed it and it was easier than i thought it would be once i caught on.

painted lady
10-07-2008, 06:18 PM
i LOVE cardio cabaret. and i've said it before, but i'll say it again: i can do the whole thing without the video and even without music. it's a good party trick.

it took me a while to get it, though! especially the weird knee thing towards the end ("Left arm goes crazy").

can anyone else recite what Gillian and Teigh say verbatim? i can and it's sad.

painted lady
10-10-2008, 10:16 PM
i did Abdominals and Core today... all three sections. oof. the last part of the third section makes me want to collapse. but all the rolling down and rolling up is easy as pie!

how's everyone else?

painted lady
10-19-2008, 02:45 PM
my squishy ball died. :(
i need to get a soccer ball pump so i can fix it!

meggoat
10-20-2008, 11:07 PM
I get up at 5:30 a.m. every day to walk around an urban lake for 45 minutes with a friend before going to work. I just can't face my rowing machine or a TV that early in the morning (and certainly not by myself). In the summer, I came home from work a little early (after 7 hours or so) and did a YBB workout. But now that summer's over, I can't leave early (back to the obligatory 9-hour days) and when I get home, I help my son with his homework, then dinner, and then, since I can't work out right after eating and like to do something fun with him, I hang out a couple of hours with him until our bedtime).
All this to say, I haven't worked YBB back into my regular routine and therefore haven't been having the 2 pound/week weight loss I was seeing before. I've lost only about 2 pounds in almost 3 weeks!!
I did YBB every day all summer long and I truly miss it (and especially the results it brings), and look forward to next summer, when I'll be able to work it back into my regular schedule. Unfortunately, I don't have another block of time for exercising (besides the morning) and I really can't motivate myself to get up to do a workout inside by myself at that time of day.
I do like hearing about other people's YBB experiences and am living vicariously until I can get back to it.

painted lady
10-21-2008, 04:49 PM
that's understandable. i work out at night, but i don't have human children (i have cat children) that need attention. i do YBB probably 4 times a week now. the other few days i either do The Firm Total Body Toner (with the most annoying instructor ever), the elliptical, or i take a rest day. i've had to modify my workouts since my squishy ball died! i think i might do Cardio Cabaret tonight.

meggoat
10-21-2008, 09:51 PM
How's the a.m. latte master's workout? Maybe I could try that some weekend morning?

painted lady
10-23-2008, 07:54 PM
i did AM Latte this morning! it's really nice. very relaxed and it doesn't get you too sweaty or gross. you can even do the first part in your bed!

painted lady
10-25-2008, 12:22 AM
also, this isn't technically YBB-related, but i bought another FIRM dvd tonight. i got "Dangerous Curves Ahead"... cheesy name, cheesy dialogue. it's a good workout, though.

here's the YBB-related part: while we were "stretching" (it wasn't very comprehensive), i thought to myself, "I miss Gillian and Teigh." one of the best parts of YBB is the intense stretching... i never feel tight afterward.

painted lady
10-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Cardio Cabaret... how i love thee.

painted lady
11-03-2008, 09:58 PM
hey ladies, how's it going?

painted lady
11-09-2008, 11:46 AM
so i lost the last three pounds i was trying to lose!

viksmom
11-14-2008, 10:33 PM
ok so i am back on the wagon ( i fell off and got fat) I am so back girls but i need a but kicking cause my crap BF is such a fat enabler cause he is lazy and it is easier I am going to start checking with you all daily and posting stats weekly I missed you guys and YBB.

painted lady
11-14-2008, 10:59 PM
you can do it!

viksmom
11-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks I am trying

painted lady
11-16-2008, 01:13 AM
and that's the best thing you can do. remember, however cheesy it is, Gillian and Teigh always say, "Just do your best, and go at it with your full potential." sometimes i'll hear that while doing YBB and it'll refresh my energy. i think, "you know what? i have more potential than this," and then i'll work out harder.

i'm here for anything you need! <3

littlerozzee
11-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey Painted lady

I just started YBB today. I did the basic workout.

I was wondering if you lost your 30 lbs all doing YBB and healthy eating of course, or did you do other workout programs as well as the YBB.

Take care
Diane

painted lady
11-18-2008, 09:16 AM
nope, it was all YBB! lately i've been adding some of The Firm workouts, but i definitely don't like those as much as YBB.

how many of the DVDs do you have? there are so many, and they are pretty cheap on Amazon. they're really easy to mix and match. right now my favorite is Yoga Core (which used to be my least favorite because i wasn't strong enough to hold up the poses).

I think YBB is great because it makes you think about exercise in a more holistic way. You aren't just thinking about the muscles involved, but about WHY you want to do it. I like the part where they set an intention... it focuses my workout!

painted lady
11-19-2008, 10:11 AM
AHHHH

i wrote an email to Teigh and Gillian, and i wasn't expecting a response.

Hi Amanda-

Thank you for taking time to share your experience and
congratulations on your awesome results!
I am so glad you are enjoying YBB, it is something that I am so
grateful for on so many levels.
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Booty Shaking!

Love and Light-
Teigh

littlerozzee
11-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi Amanda

I have the basic and advance. Cardio Cabernet and hip hop abs.

I saw in some of your earlier posts you recomend the master series. There are so many pages of post I stopped reading them but is that what you would still recommend?

Do you do it everyday of the week or do you take the odd day off?

It's great that you got a response from Teigh. That is very motivating.

Take care
Diane

painted lady
11-20-2008, 10:49 AM
i still love the masters series. it's really great for more advanced workouts.

i take about one or two days off per week, depending on how i feel. like, today i feel like crap (TOM) so i'm probably not going to work out.

yeah, when i opened that email, i went slackjawed and amazed for a minute. i was so excited!

painted lady
11-30-2008, 10:16 PM
don't let it die!!

how's life for everyone?

painted lady
12-03-2008, 10:12 AM
uh, so Gillian added me as a friend on Facebook.

i nearly died. first Teigh emails me back, then Gillian adds me as a friend? that's awesome!

painted lady
12-05-2008, 10:59 PM
my own personal thread! :( where did everyone go?

as further proof of my weight loss, i present to you a picture from Halloween 2006 compared with a picture of Halloween 2008. (my boyfriend and I are actually the same height, but since i was wearing heels, i gave him the dignity of standing on our steps.)

mountain mama
12-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Hey Painted lady!

I just bought YBB from amazon! I have the live hip hop abs and cardio caberet and the total toning basics and advanced fat burning!

Im really loving it so far. I have only done them once each so far but I love it! PArt of the time i'm just flailing around.. but im getting the hang of it. I love the holistic approach and how they mix it up with some many types of exercise. I can't wait to get more used to the dancing and get the routines more under control!

Im also glad i found this thread! Im def gona look into more of these dvds :)

Oh! and nice to meet you painted lady! Hope to chat YBB with you!

painted lady
12-06-2008, 11:41 PM
yay! YBB is super fun. I'm going to go do Yoga Core right now!

mountain mama
12-06-2008, 11:53 PM
My goal is to do the advanced fat burn (for the first time) AND one of the dance ones tomorrow.. either hip hop abs or cardio caberet.

I love it cause event thought i don't have some of the dance moves down yet.. i still sweat up a storm! yay!

Now that i've typed it on here.. i can't back down! hehe

have a good workout!

painted lady
12-07-2008, 11:17 AM
that's awesome! just don't wear yourself out. Advanced Fat Burning contains a pretty long dance section too.

exactly! you can dance however you want to, and still burn calories. i love YBB.

painted lady
12-10-2008, 12:23 AM
here's (yet) another picture from my weight loss journey. i am currently sitting at about 132-133.

painted lady
12-20-2008, 11:11 PM
ugh, i feel super bloaty... it's my TOM. boo. i always feel fat and discouraged during my lovely lady time.

however, even with bloating/water retention and eating lots of chocolate, i am still at 133. a few days ago, however, i was at 130.

JerseyGirl83
01-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Hey everyone-

So I just got the complete workout pack and I am wondering, is there a rotation of workouts anyone reccomends? I know there are a few in the set, so how do you alternate?

Im pretty siked to start doing this. Its been awhile since I did anything active. My goal is to lose 16 lbs by March 1. I have lost 5 already this past month through healthy eating but I really am making an effort to pretty much work my *** off! I got these DVDs as a start, and when I move to my house in late Jan I plan on joining a gym as well.

thanks ahead of time!

painted lady
01-01-2009, 07:55 PM
hey JerseyGirl! (i am also from New Jersey, but i live in Wisconsin. i'm from Oradell, in Bergen County.)

i think once you start doing YBB, you will really start seeing results. by complete workout pack, do you mean all of the DVDs? like all 18? the only ones i don't own are Light and Easy and Pajama Time, but from what i've heard, they are at the bottom of the YBB barrel.

i keep a spreadsheet on Google Docs to keep track of what workouts i do when. i like to alternate between cardio-intensive ones (like Latin Flavor, Bollywood Style, and Cardio Cabaret) and strength-intensive ones (like Yoga Core, Complete Body Shaping, and Goddess Booty). i don't have a set rotation, but i look at my spreadsheet before i work out to decide which one i haven't done in a while (usually 5-6 days) and then i do that one.

if you tell me which ones you have, i can try to guide you to some sort of rotation. you'll do awesome!

mg79
01-02-2009, 06:01 PM
These dvds sound great and I'm so impressed with all of your results. I am going to try to get them as I need all the help I can get.

painted lady
01-02-2009, 06:59 PM
you can get them pretty inexpensively on Amazon or comparable sites. and they always keep the beginning set in stock at Target!

mg79
01-03-2009, 05:20 AM
I'm in the UK so Target isn't an option. I'll have a look around for the best price online.

painted lady
01-03-2009, 11:26 AM
haha, as i posted that, i thought to myself, "i should check where this person is from."

it looks like Amazon.co.uk has a bunch of used beginner sets starting at 12.26.... that's cheap in dollars, but i'm not sure about pounds....

mountain mama
01-03-2009, 11:35 AM
im doing a lot of jogging these days.. and i miss YBB so much already! i need to start doing it in the evenings and jogging in the mornings. I wanna get some more of dvds in the series... im starting to master the dance parts.. but i still have a ways to go! lol

mg79
01-03-2009, 01:30 PM
That is fairly reasonable. Do you think that set is enough to get me started though? I'm really confused by all the different ones on offer.

My goal is to increase my fitness with exercise DVDs and hopefully start running in March. That's the plan anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions.

painted lady
01-03-2009, 02:13 PM
no prob, dude. i am kind of obsessed with YBB, so i love helping people get into it!!

the beginning set comes with:
Introduction and Meditation
Beginning
Advanced Fat Burning
Cardio Cabaret
and Hip Hop Abs.
it also comes with a Squishy Ball to use for ab sets and such. i need to get a new ball... my cat attacked mine and it lost all its air!

that should definitely be enough to keep you going for a while. start slow (beginning) and work your way up to Advanced. i would do Cardio Cabaret a few times before moving on to Advanced and Hip Hop Abs. Cardio Cabaret is definitely my favorite. i can do it without the video, even!

the other DVDs are not sold in sets, but individually (they usually come two DVDs to a case). those are more advanced.

good luck! ask me anything that comes to mind.

CapriPants
01-04-2009, 02:17 AM
You're So Pretty!

painted lady
01-04-2009, 11:24 AM
awww, thanks! i think i'm way more self-confident now that i am in shape.

my boyfriend commented last night that while my weight loss is awesome, he's even more impressed by my muscle tone. my legs are getting defined and my arms are shapely.... it's pretty rad!

JerseyGirl83
01-04-2009, 12:55 PM
hey JerseyGirl! (i am also from New Jersey, but i live in Wisconsin. i'm from Oradell, in Bergen County.)

i think once you start doing YBB, you will really start seeing results. by complete workout pack, do you mean all of the DVDs? like all 18? the only ones i don't own are Light and Easy and Pajama Time, but from what i've heard, they are at the bottom of the YBB barrel.

i keep a spreadsheet on Google Docs to keep track of what workouts i do when. i like to alternate between cardio-intensive ones (like Latin Flavor, Bollywood Style, and Cardio Cabaret) and strength-intensive ones (like Yoga Core, Complete Body Shaping, and Goddess Booty). i don't have a set rotation, but i look at my spreadsheet before i work out to decide which one i haven't done in a while (usually 5-6 days) and then i do that one.

if you tell me which ones you have, i can try to guide you to some sort of rotation. you'll do awesome!

Haha no no I didnt buy all 18. I just got the 5 complete workout pack. I guess this is the first dvd set.

I figured I would alternate between total toning basics, hip hop abs and cardio caberet and then add in advanced fat burning after getting the hang of the other 3.

Thanks for your help!!!

mountain mama
01-04-2009, 01:33 PM
I NEED to YBB it up tonite! I went for a run this morning and I miss the YBB girls! hehe cardio cabaret tonite i hope!

OnlyWomanInTheHouse
01-04-2009, 01:35 PM
PL- great progress!! You look fab. ;)

I'm interested in this!! I'll have to add it to my list.

painted lady
01-04-2009, 08:29 PM
i did Goddess Booty last night and it felt fantastic.

i think i'm going to do either Sculpt or Yoga Core tonight... probably Sculpt, even though the yoga section kicks my booty every time!

JerseyGirl, i would recommend doing Total Toning Basics and Cardio Cabaret at first... i think Hip Hop Abs is way harder. the dance in that one is super long and difficult.

oh, and here's a question: what do you ladies use as your intention when you do YBB? do you switch it up depending on the day?

JerseyGirl83
01-05-2009, 09:52 PM
I did the total toning basics this evening and wow, I am hurting lol But, that actually makes me excited!!!! I cant wait to do the other workouts and see what this video series can do for me.

Tomorrow...Cardio Caberet!!!!

painted lady
01-05-2009, 10:00 PM
yay!!!!

yeah, YBB will make you sore at first. i think it's because they make you aware of muscles that you don't normally think about.

i think you'll love cardio cabaret. it's so sassy!

chinchillables
01-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Don't know about the whole booty ballet concept, but I seen a video once of Sahalia Salimpour or something like that doing some exercises with her butt where she sat on the floor and just worked the glutes, it was interesting... needless to say, I ordered it and am working on moving mine like she does hers, lol.

JerseyGirl83
01-07-2009, 05:16 PM
yay!!!!

yeah, YBB will make you sore at first. i think it's because they make you aware of muscles that you don't normally think about.

i think you'll love cardio cabaret. it's so sassy!

It was very sassy!

I think after doing it a few times ill get the hang of it, because yesterday I Found myself going "wait what was that last move again?"

painted lady
01-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Don't know about the whole booty ballet concept, but I seen a video once of Sahalia Salimpour or something like that doing some exercises with her butt where she sat on the floor and just worked the glutes, it was interesting... needless to say, I ordered it and am working on moving mine like she does hers, lol.

you should do a search on YouTube for "YBB" or "Yoga Booty Ballet." it's pretty awesome.

painted lady
01-10-2009, 05:55 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3365/3186063526_18ce46ba5e.jpg?v=0

Left: Before. 170-175. Right: Today. 130.

holy crap.

mountain mama
01-10-2009, 09:18 PM
WOW! You look amazing! wayto go! You're in inspiration!
YBB does the body good! haha

mg79
01-11-2009, 03:25 AM
you look amazing.

JerseyGirl83
01-12-2009, 05:29 PM
I decided I am not really a fan of the advanced fat burning session. It frustrates me how fast they move with out telling you what is going on lol I have been doing the cardio cab and total toning basics on a rotation and so far I feel great. The cardio cab is a little silly but sometimes you just have to let yourself go :)

I am thinking about getting some other dvds in the series. I find that I will probably get board with just doing these 2. I also have yet to try hip hop abs, perhaps this week!

Hey Painted lady, any vids in the series you think are the best for thighs and butt? I am not really concerned with my abs so much because most of my weight is carried below the waist.

painted lady
01-12-2009, 05:49 PM
i think you should give Advanced Fat Burning another try... since you've already done it once, it should be easier the second time!

There's the YBB Master Series DVDs, which include Goddess Booty... it's fantastic for your butt!

any of the cardio ones are great for your thighs, and Sculpt (another Master Series one) has a lot of plies in it.

Shaanon
01-13-2009, 11:40 AM
I bought the YBB about 2 years ago, the one with the Cabert video. I watched 1 and the others are still in the package....Painted lady, you look awesome, and I'm convinced to give them a shot. I get comforatable doing the same ole same ole, and have been doing WAWTP for many years.. great results, but it does get somewhat boring....YBB here I come!!!!!

painted lady
01-13-2009, 12:54 PM
the cabaret workout is so fun! it's like a sexy dance party!

YBB is great because anyone, at any fitness level, can do it and have fun while burning calories and toning. you can do it!!

painted lady
01-14-2009, 12:33 PM
hey ladies, if any of you are on Facebook, there's a group called I <3 Yoga Booty Ballet. Gillian and Teigh are members!

CoCoCouture
01-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Painted Lady - You have motivated me too!! I went out and bough YBB last night. I got the beginner set at Target, and once I get the hang of that I will move on to the more difficult videos. I used to be a dancer in my thinner days :) and I think it will feel good to get moving in that way again!

How long did it take you to see results with YBB?

JerseyGirl83
01-15-2009, 12:55 PM
I bought goddess booty last night on ebay after I weighed myself and had lost 3 lbs this past week and a half from doing YBB and eating really healthy. I was so siked it was like a reward to myself.

8 down 13 to go!

painted lady
01-15-2009, 01:42 PM
it took me about two weeks of doing it almost every day before i looked in the mirror and went... i think this is working....

i'm at my goal weight, but right now i want to focus on toning and strength. my thighs are getting more toned (i am a definite pear shape, leaning towards "upside-down lollipop"). my goal is to confidently wear a bikini this summer!

again, i cannot express my pride for you ladies enough. i am so overjoyed that you took the initiative to start doing YBB... i think you'll be so happy you did! let me know if you need any help or any tips! i am always here for my YBB girls (and boys)!

Lorrie7
01-15-2009, 10:04 PM
I have the YBB series and well - havent really used them since I got them (BTW, I found them at Target). I enjoyed what I did but since I was so out of shape I hurt too much to do it the next day. Well, too bad - I am on a mission to get in shape and well - I plan to do it :)

painted lady
01-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Lorrie, i really think anyone can do YBB... and i still get sore after doing certain DVDs! tonight i plan on doing Sculpt. it's part of the Masters Series (aka advanced) and involves a lot of plies and work with free weights, as well as an intense yoga segment at the end that is still a challenge for me.

you definitely get out of YBB what you put into it. you can modify any move or position to be more comfortable for you and you can take breaks whenever you need them. i usually take a break between the cardio and stretching segments of the DVDs so i can get some water.

the most important part is to HAVE FUN. i have been doing YBB for almost two years now, and i still have fun when i do Cardio Cabaret and the Go Go workout (you get to do the Pony!).

Lorrie7
01-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Hey Painted Lady - Congrats on hitting your goal weight. You are an inspiration. Thank you for staying on here and being such a help to us beginners!!!

tallyjax
01-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Hey Painted Lady- Congrats on your results... I wanted to know if you also changed your eating habits or did you just do YBB everyday?

painted lady
01-17-2009, 11:17 AM
i cut out junk food and fast food, started eating more vegetables, and stopped drinking sugary soda. that really compounded the results i was already getting!

mountain mama
01-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Hey guys :)
I have introduced my friend (who's here visiting from canada nfor a while ) to YBB and she's in love! We have recruited another one!
ps. painted lady! she's super motivated by your results!! i showed her your progress pics! :)

painted lady
01-17-2009, 01:41 PM
yay! i love new recruits! :D

tallyjax
01-19-2009, 02:12 AM
Hey painted lady which vids did you use to work out at first I have a couple of them and wanted to know which ones show better results

painted lady
01-19-2009, 09:29 AM
i started out doing Total Toning Basics, then moved on to Cardio Cabaret, Advanced Fat Burning, and Hip Hop Abs. ALL of the YBB workouts are going to get you fantastic results, you just have to commit to them and put all of your energy into them.

my all-time favorite workout in the YBB series is either Cardio Cabaret or Yoga Core. both of them make me feel strong and capable of doing anything. however, the first time i did Yoga Core, i couldn't support my own body weight, so half of the workout (a lot of plank position and side plank) was lost on me.

i think mixing up the DVDs is a good idea, too. it adds variety and makes sure you don't get complacent about how hard you work.

tallyjax
01-20-2009, 12:19 AM
I have the Yoga Core and I know what you mean about the plank parts lol... I do love the Cardio Cabaret though so i just might start doing that one again like you said i just need to commit to it better than i did last time

painted lady
01-21-2009, 09:29 AM
it takes time to see results, so stick with it! :D

forme01
01-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Hello there...
I obtained the basic YBB set from the thrift shop my agency operates. IMAGINE THAT! :) Today is Day 2, and I'm looking forward to Cabaret...
Thanks to all for sharing their stories. It's motivating and encouraging!

JerseyGirl83
01-22-2009, 01:12 PM
I just got my goddess booty/yoga core dvd. Cant wait to start them!

I have been telling everyone at my job at YBB. I was like its seriously great! I have never felt this good.

gurlywerl
01-22-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm no dancer but I am thinking I will give this a try once I can find it. Who knows, maybe my coordination will improve!

I have to admit that Painted Lady's results are pretty impressive too.

painted lady
01-23-2009, 09:55 AM
yay!

i'm going to go do Advanced Fat Burning right now! all those booty leg lifts will feel good. :)

gurlywerl
01-24-2009, 11:10 AM
I tried the Cardio Cabaret today for my first time. It's totally fun but I was so lost for a while---LOL. I felt incredibly awkward but I'm going to work it into my routine and see how it goes.

mountain mama
01-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Does YBB have any dancin dvds other than cardio cabaret and hip hop abs... i love them and i want more dancing!! hehe

painted lady
01-24-2009, 01:55 PM
they sure do!

Go Go (fun, goofy 1960s dancing with a booty set at the end)

Latin Flavor (super fun latin-inspired dancing with an abs routine at the end)

Body Sculpting Bollywood Style (Indian-movie-inspired dancing with a body band routine at the end)

and Advanced Fat Burning has some dancing, but it's not exclusively dancey.

i did Bollywood Style yesterday... it's so fun!

painted lady
01-24-2009, 01:57 PM
I tried the Cardio Cabaret today for my first time. It's totally fun but I was so lost for a while---LOL. I felt incredibly awkward but I'm going to work it into my routine and see how it goes.

don't be discouraged! it's always awkward the first time through, but the second time, you'll know what's coming.

mountain mama
01-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks! Im on my way to amazon right now :) just finished cardio cabaret.. i think it's my fave :)

MaNdA22
01-25-2009, 12:09 AM
I went to Barnes & Noble tonight and bought myself YBB MasterSeries it's the one in the blue cover I think theres 2 dvds ones for your booty and the other one is called core???

Anyway, I was hoping they'd have the live dvds but I picked that one up and I cannot wait to try it tomorrow.

Hearing everyone say how much they love it and that it actually has been doing something for their body made me really want to try it.

Scorpio1986
01-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Can I reorder the little blue ab ball? I have no idea where mine is anymore!

painted lady
01-25-2009, 01:16 AM
I went to Barnes & Noble tonight and bought myself YBB MasterSeries it's the one in the blue cover I think theres 2 dvds ones for your booty and the other one is called core???

yep, that's Goddess Booty and Yoga Core. i freaking LOVE Yoga Core. it's so hard the first few times (and there are still parts of it that really challenge me), but it's fantastic. and Goddess Booty makes your butt look amazing. :)

Can I reorder the little blue ab ball? I have no idea where mine is anymore!

you can definitely reorder the Squishy Ball... i think they are $12 or something. i need to get another one because my cats attacked mine and it died. i haven't been able to do Goddess Abs for such a long time!

gurlywerl
01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Painted Lady - you are totally right! The second time was much easier---I even did the entire thing twice in a row just to pick it up faster :)

painted lady
01-25-2009, 09:58 PM
good job!! :)

tallyjax
01-28-2009, 12:47 AM
I wanted to know if YBB is hard on your knees... with the weather and other stuff my knee is killing me and hurts when I try to do any sort of exercise so i wanted to do something low impact to at least get my workout in

painted lady
01-28-2009, 09:11 AM
you can definitely modify it so it isn't as hard on your knees... they offer alternate poses and moves if you have sensitive knees, and you can change any move you need to so it's comfortable.

K8-EEE
01-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Your post really inspired me -- I'm so sick of all my ex vids and I love mediation and yoga so this one sounds perfect! The stupid "booty" name would have probably put me off without your recommendation.

btw, does anybody else buy fitness vids on half.com? The nature of fitness programs, there are many many "only played once" copies of ever exercise video there is! LOL....same with fitness equipment, we have a chain out here in L.A. called "Play It Again Sam" and there are always like-new "never used" weight benches, dumbbells, exercise bikes etc etc.

painted lady
01-28-2009, 07:42 PM
yeah, you can always find bargains on fitness stuff, especially in late january/early february (all those broken resolutions!).

and the name is dumb, but the program is kickass!

painted lady
02-02-2009, 05:32 PM
ladies! how goes the YBB?
i did Bollywood Style yesterday and it felt amazing. i think i'm going to do Sculpt tonight. i need to get heavier weights!

corazonas
02-02-2009, 07:12 PM
UGH! i havent bought it yet! they all sound so fun- i want them ALLLL! hahaha

painted lady
02-02-2009, 08:11 PM
one cool thing you can do if you don't want to fully commit to buying them yet: there are a few YBB workouts available through Netflix!

corazonas
02-02-2009, 09:05 PM
ahhh! i did not know that! THANKS!

jules1216
02-06-2009, 05:41 PM
You guys talked me into doing YBB...thoughts I had lost the kit with all the info in it on Ebay so I bid on some "Live" ones--got a second chance offer on the starter kit and now I am impatiently waiting for all of them...my daughter says if I hate them she will take them, one of her friends is doing them to lose baby weight and loves it.

painted lady
02-06-2009, 09:15 PM
yay YBB!

i think i'm going to do Go Go tonight. i feel really pudgy right now (i ate a LOT today... not bad stuff, just a lot of it!), so i need to do something that'll get me super sweaty.

becomingreal324
02-06-2009, 10:29 PM
I love YBB! I'm so sad though because I lost the basic DVD when my family moved this past fall!!! Does anyone know where I can get just the one DVD? I have the rest of the starter kit & would really rather not buy the whole thing again.

painted lady
02-06-2009, 11:55 PM
the one with Advanced Fat Burning and stuff? i'm pretty sure you can buy that one online... or i saw it at a bookstore the other day for $6... want me to pick it up for you? i totally will (assuming they still have it)!

painted lady
02-07-2009, 10:13 AM
so i posted my before and after pictures on the YBB facebook group, and GILLIAN COMMENTED ON THEM. she said i kick a$$ and to "rock on." i almost fell out of my computer chair.

becomingreal324
02-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks, but I found it on amazon. My mom was going to order something online so I'll get her to get it for me. I really like it. Being a dancer, the ballet style "drills" are perfect for me.

painted lady
02-14-2009, 07:43 PM
i bought YBB for my mom for her birthday... she doesn't need to lose any weight (she's a twig), but she wants to tone up for her 45th high school reunion this summer! she's going to look fantastic.

naynai0428
02-14-2009, 09:41 PM
just got the basic YBB series in the mail...I'm on day 2 and so far I love it! I'm short with huge boobs which equals a bad back, so I tend to stay away from any cardio that involves too much jumping around...I have an elliptical but that tends to get boring too...I tried the basic toning and the cardio cabaret, both were fun and I sweated my butt off, I'm really sore but excited I almost wanted to do another video when I was done...tomorrow is advanced fat burning and I can't wait to check it out...I don't know if it's sad or a good thing that the most exciting part of my day is the YBB...lol, BTW painted lady you look fantastic, did you see a difference in your abs from the basic series or not until you went to the masters?? also how long did it take to lose any weight/ see a difference? I plan to follow the day by day guide as to what workout to do everyday.:carrot: but i can't say it enough...so far, absolutely love YBB!!