Old 06-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat June 9 - 15

Hey everyone. Happy Monday!

Bad news for me my apartment AC is still out; they are hoping to have a new motor in by tomorrow. I’m still really upset about this because really it’s hot, I can’t open the window and when I complained to management they were down right rude about it. I couldn’t get into contact with anyone over the weekend. They offered us $50 off our rent and a free bottle of water. What bull **** seriously we pay like $1200 a month and they think that is going to compensate being out of my apartment since Friday. I’m asking for a per diem rate for every night the A/C has been out. I don’t think that is unfair. I’m waiting for the regional property manager to call me back. It is just redicoulous because they didn’t let anyone know and I guess the motor has been a problem for a couple of years.

What is worse to me is that I can’t get to the gym because I’m not at my apartment. Also I planned on getting my nails done today but can’t because I’m not at my apartment therefore not near the nail salon.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

that sucks!

hope the rest of the week goes better!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #3  
I will do this.

I worked out today. It wasn't the best - but I got through it. 20 minutes on the bike and then my butt got numb so I finished out on the treadmill for 10. I see my trainer tomorrow and she always helps me feel good about my workouts so I can't wait to see her.

I haven't eaten dinner yet but I added them up already to see what I have left over for snacks and I have 153 left but if I add in my workout it says my net calories are 953...should I pay attention to this? Will only eating 953 net calories slow my metabolism?

Remember A free bottle of water? Better be the best darn water! I am sorry for your air conditioning being shut off - that sucks!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #4  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemeberHowToSmile View Post
Hey everyone. Happy Monday!

Bad news for me my apartment AC is still out; they are hoping to have a new motor in by tomorrow. I’m still really upset about this because really it’s hot, I can’t open the window and when I complained to management they were down right rude about it. I couldn’t get into contact with anyone over the weekend. They offered us $50 off our rent and a free bottle of water. What bull **** seriously we pay like $1200 a month and they think that is going to compensate being out of my apartment since Friday. I’m asking for a per diem rate for every night the A/C has been out. I don’t think that is unfair. I’m waiting for the regional property manager to call me back. It is just redicoulous because they didn’t let anyone know and I guess the motor has been a problem for a couple of years.

What is worse to me is that I can’t get to the gym because I’m not at my apartment. Also I planned on getting my nails done today but can’t because I’m not at my apartment therefore not near the nail salon.
Ohhh Yuck! That is complete crap and you should get full recompensation! Nice job being up front about it right from the beginning. It is just so easy to back off right away. I'm sorry this is disrupting all of your plans...I hope you get some things figured out pretty soon. THey better get the damn thing fixed soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
I worked out today. It wasn't the best - but I got through it. 20 minutes on the bike and then my butt got numb so I finished out on the treadmill for 10. I see my trainer tomorrow and she always helps me feel good about my workouts so I can't wait to see her.

I haven't eaten dinner yet but I added them up already to see what I have left over for snacks and I have 153 left but if I add in my workout it says my net calories are 953...should I pay attention to this? Will only eating 953 net calories slow my metabolism?

Remember A free bottle of water? Better be the best darn water! I am sorry for your air conditioning being shut off - that sucks!
Your butt goes numb? Hmm, never had that happen before. I normally don't go on the bike though lol. Ummm as for if you have enough calories...I personally think it would be safer being closer to 1100. They overestimate on those machines sometimes, but not by that much. Nice workout though

So...I updated my wedding planning blog on here with pictures of bridesmaid dresses, invitations... wow...we are only 20 weeks away from our wedding now! Check it out! The link is in my signature!

Today I've been doing some wedding stuff (spent the afternoon registering at Walmart...that is so much fun) and apartment hunting. I have a couple potentials I am going to go look at when I go visit Steve on Thursday. We aren't looking for much (2 bedroom, washer/dryer hook ups at least...). The problem I am running into is I have a cat, and I think nonrefundable pet deposits are soo stupid. lol. I may be pickey though.

This weekend went well. I was at a wedding...it was outside, and we really lucked out with the weather staying nice (we had a good chance of rain). We did end up taking shelter in a local theatre during a Tornado warning after lunch with the entire wedding party. That was pretty exciting. The Tornado wasn't too destructive luckily.

Diet and exercise wise...I'm doing o.k. It is that lovly time of the month, so I am staying away from the scale this week. I worked out today (did really well...stayed for anout an hour, did my abs and legs). I am doing pretty well on diet too...except for some birthday cake. Opps!

I think I'll see results next week. I just really need to watch it this week.
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #5  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

My mini-goal is in less than a week and I still have 5.2 lbs left. Thank god I did lose 1.8lbs this week, although I've been bad. I'm going to stick to the date and see how it goes...and then adjust the date based on that. I thought I gave myself more than enough time since it was 16 lbs in 10 weeks but I know my eatings were not that good. Well...at least I'm still losing even though it's not as much as I would like and that's better than gaining or not doing anything about it, I guess. =)

Remember I'm sorry to hear that about your apartment...and I know exactly what kind of weather you got right now since we are in pretty close area. If the AC was out in this weather we have right now, I would've been very mad, especially since I got a 2 year old toddler running around in the apt.

Taylor My butt used to get numb too from riding bike, and I thought that was just me. And although you think the workout session today wasn't the best, at least you got some in--Better than nothing.

Tessa I was going to check your blog again to see the updates, but the signature you added with your blog address isn't there anymore... so I didn't get to. Could you update it when you get a chance?

Last edited by taragettingthin; 06-09-2008 at 09:31 PM.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I'm really frustrated with myself...I went way over my cals for the day, which I normally wouldn't have even noticed, but since I'm being really honest on DailyPlate, I definitely did. I just got home from work and was so tired and hot and didn't feel like cooking so I just made some mac n cheese. And instead of giving bf like I had planned...I ate it all . And now I have that too-full feeling that I have grown to hate.

Oh well...I was planning on two workouts tomorrow anyway. One gym workout in the morning (30 mins cardio) which I think now I'll extend (40-45 mins cardio), and then going to ballet class at night. I wasn't able to go to ballet last week because of work, so I'm glad to be able to go this week. I'm also deciding NOW not to get frustrated tomorrow during class -- whenever I go back after more than a few days away I get really annoyed that my body won't do the things I want it to and I end up sort of shutting down. I'm going to try really realyl hard to stay positive during the class, though, and just work on improving what needs to get better (read: PIROUETTES!!!! bane of my existence....).

Remember -- so sorry about the apt/AC. If it makes you feel better, my apt doesn't have AC at all, and it's been nearing 100° and really high humidity. Talk about grrrrrrrooooossssssssssssssssssssssss. I hope the situation with the landlord works out. Those are the worst because they just have so much control. If you are stuck, try PMing shrinkinglizzy (used to post on 20-somethings more often), she helped me out before with an apt/landlord issue!!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:12 AM   #7  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I have been relying on I.E but today kind of started counting calories and see how that goes because I really need/want to get the loss moving. Maybe I wasn't doing really good with the IE, well we will see how the calorie method goes. I'm thinking about giving myself couple weeks before deciding anything.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:35 AM   #8  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

just read about the network crash!! wow that sucks!!

i'm still holding on at 196!! thank god!! still applying like crazy!! no replys yet but i'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

have a great day ladies!! tata 4 now!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #9  

Taragettingthin - What is IE?

I love calorie counting! It has really keep me accountable, and I am still able to eat my favorite foods. I just make sure to balance them with what I eat for the rest of the day.

Colaz - would love to see your wedding blog also! where is it?
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #10  
I will do this.

I just feel in love with calorie counting yesterday.

It really wasn't working for me until I went to wendy's. I went to their site and looked up the best options for me...which was a jr. bacon cheeseburger and a bake potato and still had 183 calories left for the day!

I couldn't even believe it. Here I am...on a different lifestyle...eating wendy's. Not that I am going to do it everyday - but it sure felt good not to feel guilty about eating because I know I was in my daily limit and I had worked out too!

I had even had starbucks twice that day. (I adore starbucks) and got to finish the day off with a skinny cow ice cream bar.

I was eating the foods I loved - within my calories for the day. That was huge for me.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #11  

I totally hear ya Taylor86! I feel like I can eat anything I want, as long as I balance it out over the rest of my day and stay under my calorie goal. If I want pizza fine, just eat a lower calorie lunch.

The only problem I have come across is that calorie goal. I aim for 1,200 calories which I know is kind of low (I am 5'4). I have lost about 20 pounds over 5 months, which I am VERY happy about! The reason I made my calorie goal low is because I know that I am probably underestimating what I am eating (serving size, etc.) It's the little things that could add up and how something is prepared at a restaurant that I don't even realize. Now that I have lost a good amount of weight, do you think I should increase my calorie goal??? If so, by how much??? Calorie counting is definitely working for me so even for maintaining I want to keep it up.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #12  
I will do this.

I did a bad thing by telling my trainer about my jr. bacon cheeseburger. She wasn't impressed. It made me cry.

Here I am trying to lose weight and I am not (but all the more power to you) a health food freak. I can't - it is not me. Not to say I don't eat healthy and make wise choices because 90% of the time I do! My lifestyle does not include wendy's everyday but it does once in awhile!

I got so angry at her. I needed to be praised for my choice - not told I did a bad job and feeling guilty because I didn't!

I left 10 minutes early because I was crying so hard because I felt like a failure. I mean, she could have said "Next time try a hamburger and avoid the cheese and bacon - but you made good choices instead of a triple burger and a large fry"

I mean for goodness sake - I want to eat real food. This is what a lifestyle is all about - everything in moderation. I have gone to 0 workouts to 3 or 4.... and probably joining a yoga class in the near future and not eating triple cheeseburgers and a large fry. Isn't that what it is all about?

I am so sorry for the rant - but gosh did she make me feel bad.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Taylor -- I'm sorry your trainer made you feel like that, but I'm sure she's really just trying to help you. Yeah, burgers aren't the healthiest choice, but like you said, you don't do that every day. It's about taking smaller steps toward a healthier you, and that can't all happen at once. It's good that you even had the idea to try and get the best thing you could there, and that's a step in the right direction!! Know that she's just trying to help you be the best you you can be, and that she may have just put it the wrong way. I'm sure she didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

I'm about to go to the gym -- at least it's air conditioned there! I can't get over how hot it is -- I'm dying here!! The gym is the only place I weigh in, and I'm a little nervous b/c TOM is coming, I think. I just really want to keep losing ,and I get so frustrated when I gain when I think I'm doing well!! Now that I'm tracking my food/counting cals I'm hoping it will go a little more smoothly.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! I'm baaaaack! Some of you may remember me, some not, but I used to come on here everyday earlier in the year. I kinda fell off the wagon...personal issues. I have moved from Tennessee to Mississippi and now I'm trying to get back to eating better. Ugh, it's been a crazy few months. So, I haven't been exercising at all. I haven't been watching what I put in my mouth. But now it's time to start again and lose some more weight. I have maintained, although I threw away my scale before the move. But my clothes still fit the same from when I left, so I'm assuming the weight is still gone. Oh well...I may just start going by the way my clothes feel anyway. And I'm sure I have a tape measure at home so I can measure myself. I have to remember to do that in the morning or tonight. Anyway, I'm glad to be back and I can't wait to start reading up on everyone's progress!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #15  
Mommy to be!

S/C/G: 168/---/125

Height: 5'4"

hey guys!! I am trying to be good and NOT doing a good job. So my new plan is just to start counting calories and eat more veggies. SOMETHING has to start working!!
skinnybeach is offline   Reply With Quote