Alternachicks - alternachicks chat-june

View Full Version : alternachicks chat-june

jandaman
06-09-2008, 04:44 AM
halloooooooo! where all my guapas at?
yeah...brain fever due to winnie the pooh and chappelle show marathons. *sheesh* can't wait to hear from all y'all..hope ur weekends were fab.

ttfn! peace.

jan

Nix143
06-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Hey people, finally back after the server crash wiped me out *lip wobbling slightly* back to zero post count and waiting 30 days before I can get my tickers in my siggy - grrrrrrr. However I bet the peeps who run this show have had an awful time of it so I'm not gonna moan. How is everyone doing?

Another off the diet weekend - was my nipper's 14th birthday so we went for chinese then got a call from my girls that we were drinking so proceeded to get hidyassly drunk and spent all day Sunday being very very ill - then my period hit today which explains why i was so ill. Does anyone else have that problem? If I drink the day before I am due I get horrendously ill, far out of proportion to what I've actually drunk. Anyway it's back on it today.

Son is incredibly happy as managed to get him his new Epiphone Les Paul brand new off Ebay for 100 quid cheaper than any other deal we'd seen so he is bouncing like a crazy thing. And now his latest thing is showing me pictures of Trent Reznor's hair as apparently that is who he wants to look like LOL. I love watching him building himself an image that fits how he feels inside, becoming his own man. So to go with the new guitar and new potential hairdo he's now ordered himself a load of clothes - oh and 20 dollars worth of guitar picks! Gaaarrrrrrr, I love watching him grow up.

Anyway indulgent mum stuff over :) hope you guys are having a lovely week xx

Hope1974
06-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Hi all!

x meowkat x
06-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Hello, I had to re-join as well, but that's ok. Nothing too interesting here today, the weather has been miserable for June...rain and wind, and apparently snow in some parts of the state O_O

I've officially completed my 1st week on WW, and lost a total of 5 lbs. I have this feeling that I've lost 0 lbs so far during week 2, so that's a bit depressing, but I still have to wait 'til Thursday to weigh myself and know for sure. The last 2 days I've been feeling horribly, horribly depressed for some reason, more so than I've felt in a long time. I'm hoping it will pass, because it's making it very difficult to stay OP.

I will have a more upbeat post in the coming days, I promise. Good to see life coming back to the boards a bit after the crash (sadness).

jandaman
06-11-2008, 04:58 AM
mornin'!

went off plan a bit yesterday as my students wanted to celebrate the last day. then i went way off plan when i met my fellow expats for a rousing round of trivia, cider and liter pitchers of mojito. now i'm craaaving craaaaving. i really am just so stoopid. hangovers always kill. :(

mauvaisroux
06-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Hey everyone! looks like the crash also wiped out our June thread - thanks for starting a new one Janda!

I've been MIA this week as I have been busy at work and working late every night. I'm also trying to get all my things in order before going on holiday at the end of the month.

Hope things are well with all of you! :)

RiotGrrlCynic
06-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Hi all! I was on here forever ago and went through a bit of a detour. Back and ready to start losing weight again.

How is everyone?

jandaman
06-12-2008, 06:09 AM
personals time!

hi nix, i've never thought about how TOM can amplify hangovers..i just generally feel like aaarrghll when it hits..
sounds like the son is ready to rock out! my mom also adores trent raznor. she's been to almost every concert they've given in europe. go figger! :)

meowcat-five pounds is nutheeng to sneeze at*grin*. how's ww workin for you otherwise? i remember the points tallying drove me nuts but i did lose about 12 kilos...

where are you headed mauvaix? two more weeks til summer oblivion for me..can't wait!!

and a big ole howdee fer riotgrrl&eastbaykitten

PinkyPie
06-14-2008, 05:05 AM
ah so there was a server crash! no wonder I showed a new message in my inbox that I already responded to!

so I was in Amsterdam for a week-ish, then Manchester for a weekend, then Dusseldorf for a week... am finally back now and it looks as though my stay in ONEderland was short lived. At least now I can have a wee bit of normalcy since I don't have to go anywhere for at least 3 weeks!!

Rachellia
06-14-2008, 01:40 PM
As a little (well, not as little as I'd like) goth broad, it's nice to find this forum. Here's a something about me: I'm a 25-year-old vegetarian looking to lose 25 lbs. and look and feel as fit as I did 5 years ago.

PinkyPie
06-15-2008, 07:42 AM
welcome to the group Rachellia!

Rachellia
06-15-2008, 06:29 PM
welcome to the group Rachellia!

Thanks! I'm excited to get this ball rolling, and I think that going it alone is probably one of the things that has killed my motivation in the past.

PinkyPie
06-16-2008, 02:04 AM
One of my own biggest issues in the recent past was keeping silent about really needing support. For example, I told no one at work what I was trying to do, I did not really reach out here and I didn't ask my partner for help and support. For some, it's ok, for me it's a recipe for disaster!

We are happy to be supporting you!

PinkyPie
06-16-2008, 02:08 AM
Oh! Jan! I will def be in your neck of the woods mid july; will you be around then or are you on hols?

Would be so cool to meet!

jandaman
06-16-2008, 04:01 PM
howdee peeps

welcome rachiella..ummmm ur starting weight is, like, my goal weight. ah, well how doth the old adage go? diff'rent strokes fer diff'rent folks. ur gorgeous by the by...

velveteen -wlecome back chica! wish i were you....but i suppose u actually worked and had little time for tomfoolery and such *teehee* mid-july....awwwwww! will probably be up in berlin for my bff reunion! *shucks* it woulda been so cool to meet up.

my lil fur baby ms. boo tazer has gone missing..spent the day canvassing the area, dropping flyers in every mailbox, putting up posters etc. haven't heard anything so far.....:(

Rachellia
06-17-2008, 12:22 AM
howdee peeps

welcome rachiella..ummmm ur starting weight is, like, my goal weight. ah, well how doth the old adage go? diff'rent strokes fer diff'rent folks. ur gorgeous by the by...

velveteen -wlecome back chica! wish i were you....but i suppose u actually worked and had little time for tomfoolery and such *teehee* mid-july....awwwwww! will probably be up in berlin for my bff reunion! *shucks* it woulda been so cool to meet up.

my lil fur baby ms. boo tazer has gone missing..spent the day canvassing the area, dropping flyers in every mailbox, putting up posters etc. haven't heard anything so far.....:(

You've got 2 inches on me, though! I wish I were 5'7". But thank you for the compliment. :)

For me it's stopping it before it goes further, though I'm just at the overweight mark, I've got very high body fat and too-high cholesterol, plus I can gain 10 lbs. in two months alone. I don't want to slip up to 200 lbs. (like many in my family) and then try to make a change.

And I really hope you find boo tazer, I've got 5 of my own and they are my babies.

Hope1974
06-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi all! Been MIA. Been in Barcelona. I was good whilst I was gone so *fingers crossed* when I weigh tomorrow.

~H

jandaman
06-20-2008, 07:13 AM
rachiella..i get the nip it in the bud aspect...my weight also tends to creep upwards (not creep more like rush!) so good luck with that! unfortunately my lil boo hasn't been sighted. i hope she is in good hands. i assume someone took her home, mistook her for a stray......

eastbay..barcelona rocks!! what did you do while u were there, besides partying i mean :)

jandaman
06-20-2008, 08:48 AM
YAY!!! boo is back..was just like i had suspected..she had been living with another family since monday. they called me as soon as they saw my posters. i am so relieved....

Hope1974
06-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Let's just say I got drunk enough to take my "before" photos. That's REALLY drunk! lol. I cried when I left I loved it so much.

On a happier note...grats to your loved return home :)

jandaman
06-21-2008, 07:13 AM
so...kitten..where are those before pics????

Hope1974
06-21-2008, 12:53 PM
ick...next time i alott for beer calories, i'll post. lol.

mauvaisroux
06-22-2008, 08:58 PM
I am gearing up to go on holiday this week - leaving on Friday so I will be off the boards for about two weeks though I may check in if I have access to a computer.

I had a terrific weekend - my DH an I went to a Metal festival on Saturday and spent 11 hours listening to bands and hanging out under the sun (wore plenty of sunscreen).

We saw some great bands including Hatebreed, Overkill, Type O Negative (Peter Steele is freakin' hilarious!), Deathclock - yes the band from the cartoon (they were awesome!) and Iron Maiden - classic metal and still a great band.

Hope you all had a great weekend! :)

Janda - glad that Boo is home safe!

Welcome Rachelia! :wave:

Glad to see you back Eastbay, how was Barcelona? Any pics you can share?

Silvana
06-22-2008, 09:26 PM
YAY!!! boo is back..was just like i had suspected..she had been living with another family since monday. they called me as soon as they saw my posters. i am so relieved....

Oh I went through this with my Livie a few weeks back! I thought for sure she had been cat-napped. And about 10 minutes after printing out a dozen posters at work my boyfriend called me to say she came home. She was all a mess with burrs.

I just realized something today! I think my breast might be pointing down. Tragic.

Nix143
06-24-2008, 07:03 AM
I just realized something today! I think my breast might be pointing down. Tragic.

Ah my breasts came in pointing down and time and having a squid haven't helped them any :D Just get yourself some great push up bras and learn to love them, mine ain't poster girl puppies but they are mine and so I love the floppy lil things.

Hi girls, I've been AWOL - nothing exciting, just busy busy busy with life and things. Got to say I am feeling super bloody brilliant today as I am at another mini target - 147! That's 10 and a half english stones. Only another 7 to go before I hit the 140 mark and I can not wait! Clothes are getting looser and I feel simply buzzing. Even though I am in stupid amounts of pain again as my trigeminal neuralgia is coming back.

*waving at Rachellia* Hi hon, hope things are going great for you]

eastbaykitten - I've only been lucky enough to spend a day in Barcelona several years ago but I loved it and plan to go back there really soon, I'm not surprised you did a little cry when you left.

mauvaisroux - love the sound of the metal thing, Iron Maiden, got to love 'em, still cranking it out after all this time LOL

jandaman - great news about the return of the kiddy kad - I had a persian who took herself off on regular lil jaunts and used to come back in some real states. Then there was the time I was having a new kitchen fitted and she went missing for 3 days until we heard a meeeeeeewwwwwing in the house but just couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Yup, crazy lil critter had managed to get herself under the floorboards and the kitchen guy hadn't noticed and had trapped her down there.

Feeling super brilliant today - 3 weeks until I go to Portugal and let me tell you these ole bones can't wait to feel the sun on them. I'm gonna get my butt by the pool and fry my little face off :)

HoneyMustard
06-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Hi All,
I figure this would be a great place to settle in at. Let me just.. snuggle in......there, ready.

I was woken up today, like most days, to my calico cat yowling.. for like 10 min. straight. She's been doing this for the past couple of years, and it is really driving us crazy!! She yowls inside, outside, before she ****s, after she eats, before she goes to sleep, in the middle of the night....and on and on.
So I have finally decided to drop her off at the SPCA. Being homebound, I have to wait till my hubby has the time to take us. It was supposed to happen yesterday, maybe today, tomorrow, next week?

Seems like you all like to travel. My DH and I went to Idaho recently to look for our last home to retire to. It was the first vacation we have taken in the past two years! My god, you should have seen these houses! We really want a home built in the 1900's. (Ever seen 1900's house on PBS?) I think my weight made the floorboards creek more than normal, I could have fallin through! Anyway, thought I would be cranky, but found that we actually got along swimmingly, the whole time!

One more thing to get off my rather large chest....I am never going to attempt to make chickpea burgers ever again! I tried again last night, with a different recipe, and they still tasted the same as the first time. My kitchen is a mess this morning, but being the cleaning goddess I am, it wont be around for long. Thinking of which, I need to do some dusting too, (need to burn off those calories!)

OOHhh, this mornings weight was 233.5!! WOOO HOOOO!

Hope1974
06-25-2008, 02:20 AM
*falls over*

Maiden, Dethklok, and Steele! Oh my metal godness.

Gene plays drums for Dethklok. He's very awesome. I went to see them 2 weeks ago, but they were so brutal they caught the club's sound board on fire. No, really. :devil:

Remember Peter Steele's expose in Playgirl back in the day? Ok yes, I'm a metalhead. There, I said it. Wanders off whistling Run to the Hills....

~Hope

Hope1974
06-25-2008, 02:24 AM
I dunno if this will work: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=54188&albumId=2823466

HoneyMustard
06-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Hello All.

Just wanted to say "Good Morning". An update on my cat: I've decided to keep her here till whenever. We went to the county animal shelter yesterday, where they will only put her down. I really was'nt ready for that, so she's here. I guess I'm stuck with her.

Another 2lb loss from yesterday!

x meowkat x
06-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi everyone.

It seems I too have been MIA lately...I've not been feeling my best, but that just happens sometimes, especially since I no longer take medication, but now I'm feeling better, so hooray! I finally managed to get myself a job after too many months...it's minimum wage and no benefits, but at this point I'll take it--minimum wage is better than $0 an hour! I go in to fill out paperwork tomorrow, and start training on Monday. Fun stuff.

I'm also pleased to say that I've lost nearly 10 lbs (9.5...close enough?) though I don't notice a difference at all. I've had a rough couple of weeks, feeling so down and hardly doing any activity, so now that I feel better I have no excuse not to get on it and lose even more!

No terribly interesting news other than that...my bf and I are planning to go camping very soon, so that will be fun, I just have to see what my new work schedule looks like :)

janda--hooray for your kitty returning! I've had a few cats run away in my life...poor little guys. Mine loves to escape the apartment (grr) but luckily he always runs to the same spot, so we've always managed kitty recovery, haha.

Welcome fellow new-ish folks :)

mauvaisroux
06-27-2008, 12:15 AM
"Gene plays drums for Dethklok. He's very awesome. I went to see them 2 weeks ago, but they were so brutal they caught the club's sound board on fire. No, really. :devil:"

Eastbay, that is the most brutal thing I have ever heard. ;) :lol:

And yes, I do remember Peter Steele's Playgirl photos!

I am off on holiday -back in 10 days! Hope you all have a good week! :)

going2Bhealthy
06-29-2008, 06:26 AM
I hope everyone is good! We finally have some decent sunshine in the south of the UK - it's about time!! I'm all on my lonesome in the house (the bf is with family for 3 wks) which normally makes me eat really well as I don't have to worry about making food for anyone but me... but not this time. I seem to be slipping off the wagon, so I firmly pulled my *** back on this morning!! I've got a ton of tidying/cleaning to do today and some lovely menstrual cramps too :( But I'm happy because it's only 4 weeks till I go on holiday! :D I'm glad your kitty came back Jandaman, I know how horrid that is, not to know where they are or if they are ok. I'm looking after a friends cat while she's away and I love it... I wish I could have my own ;)

Have a good sunday chicas!!

PinkyPie
06-29-2008, 02:45 PM
hi new chicks!

heavyandhomebound - don't putty kitty down, even if she's making you crazy. surely they can give a better solution than that????

eastbaykitten - LOVE your barcelona pics. Some look beautifully spooky!! I have a few like that from my last trip to barcelona as well. Oh and I tried to add you on myspace, but I'm not allowed without knowing your last name or email address :(

I'm struggling a bit with my current living situation (home on the weekends, amsterdam in the week) but hopefully I'll have a grip on it soon. I have gained about a pound and a half but I'm still in ONEderland so I figure it's not THAT bad, just don't want to go UP rather than DOWN. One more week of work and then the next challenge... vacation for 2 weeks and we are going away to Paris, to Legoland in Germany and to Wiesbaden - total of 10 days away from home...

I don't want to be stuck at 20lbs lost but at least I can focus enough not to GAIN weight during my holiday right?

Hope1974
06-30-2008, 12:18 AM
No weight gain, no loss on holiday is a goal in my book. I sent you an add request on spacer...

;)

Hope

havoc
07-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Heya, Velveteen! Ooh - ooh -ooh! I wanna go to Legoland!!!

You'll do fine on your holiday. You might land up being so active that you drop a few pounds without really trying, especially since you have a theme park in the works. My family went to Disney World earlier this year. I was so paranoid about gaining too much that I really stuck to the "skinnier" items with a couple (okay, several) splurges thrown in. When all was said and done, I landed up dropping nearly 5 lbs.

BTW, it's good to see a familiar face again! Work got weird over the past few weeks. Sounds like the servers did here, too.

Rachellia
07-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi All,
I figure this would be a great place to settle in at. Let me just.. snuggle in......there, ready.

I was woken up today, like most days, to my calico cat yowling.. for like 10 min. straight. She's been doing this for the past couple of years, and it is really driving us crazy!! She yowls inside, outside, before she ****s, after she eats, before she goes to sleep, in the middle of the night....and on and on.
So I have finally decided to drop her off at the SPCA. Being homebound, I have to wait till my hubby has the time to take us. It was supposed to happen yesterday, maybe today, tomorrow, next week?

Seems like you all like to travel. My DH and I went to Idaho recently to look for our last home to retire to. It was the first vacation we have taken in the past two years! My god, you should have seen these houses! We really want a home built in the 1900's. (Ever seen 1900's house on PBS?) I think my weight made the floorboards creek more than normal, I could have fallin through! Anyway, thought I would be cranky, but found that we actually got along swimmingly, the whole time!

One more thing to get off my rather large chest....I am never going to attempt to make chickpea burgers ever again! I tried again last night, with a different recipe, and they still tasted the same as the first time. My kitchen is a mess this morning, but being the cleaning goddess I am, it wont be around for long. Thinking of which, I need to do some dusting too, (need to burn off those calories!)

OOHhh, this mornings weight was 233.5!! WOOO HOOOO!

Have you considered taking her to the vet and having her kidneys tested? Sometimes cats yowl when their kidneys are going bad. Also, if she's not spayed, get that done, as not being fixed is a major source of yowling.

My cats are a pain in the ***, they tear up furniture, puke all over the floor, get into cabinets and tear into the bread...::sigh:: but I guess that's the responsibility we accept when we choose to have a pet. And I don't know about where you live, but if you feel you can no longer care for her, many cities have no-kill cat shelters and animal rescues (do a web search for your state or city). I volunteer at one in Atlanta, GA (goodmews.org), and the cats have a home for life there until they are adopted. Just make sure you check out the facility and make sure it's clean and the animals are well-cared for, they deserve a good shot just as much as any other living thing.

Anyway, good luck on your continued loss and your yowling cat. :)