Fitness Videos - 30 Day Shred ... Chat and Support

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : 30 Day Shred ... Chat and Support

sweetnsassyfied
06-09-2008, 01:28 AM
Okies Ladies... Come out, come out where ever you are. :)

I got my spiffy new ticker and KLK got her DVD. Lets do this!!

mamaspank
06-09-2008, 02:00 AM
I have had this DVD for the last three weeks. Well, I haven't done it close to 30 times, more like 10 times. I have been able to tell a huge difference. I've lost 12 more pounds because of it. I can see a huge difference in my thighs and arms. I have lost two dress sizes. I am still on level 1 because I haven't been as faithful as I should. I love this idea. Where did you get the bottom ticker?

nakedmango
06-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I did level 1 twice last weekend, and I am sore. Soooore! I took my measurements last night, and I'll post any progress in the next few weeks. :carrot:

NoVaVTFan
06-13-2008, 07:23 AM
I'll join in! I got the DVD about a month ago, and have been doing it on and off, but I decided last weekend that I wanted to try doing the video at least 5 times a week. I've seen it recommended that you do level 1 10 times, level 2 10 times, then level 3 10 times (if you are ready to move on to the next level after 10 times), and I'm going to try and do that. I won't be able to do it 30 days in a row because I don't exercise every day (I need a couple of rest days per week), but my goal is to get the 30 days done in 6 weeks. I've done level 1 every night this week and it still kicks my butt, but I love the workout - I feel like it's a great no nonsense workout which is what I love.

I'm still struggling with my scale - been trying to lose my last 10 pounds since the end of January - and I'm hoping that adding in the Shred will help me lose the last 4 this summer.

Can't wait to hear from everyone else!

sh3l5
06-13-2008, 05:34 PM
ive successfully completed level one for 10 days....
tomorrow will be my third day of level two....
i do it after natalie cassidy workout, and i do them daily....

my first week wasnt as dedicated as i could be food wise....
but in this second week ive almost lost 4lbs....

theresia
06-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Hi! I just bought the dvd, so I'll start this today.. I don't think I can make it in 30 days.. I'll be travelling for some days, but I'll make it the days when I am able to..

spcdcider
06-14-2008, 08:10 PM
I have done it about 5 times and it was kicking my tail. Our air went up so had to put work outs on hold until fixed. I am going to start tomorrow and do my 30 days in a row.

sweetnsassyfied
06-15-2008, 03:01 AM
YaY!! You all are exciting me so much about this!! Thank Youuu! :D

mamasoank has me the most jazzed with these words... from you lips to gods ear let this be the same for me! :lol:

more like 10 times. I can see a huge difference in my thighs and arms. I have lost two dress sizes. I am still on level 1 because I haven't been as faithful as I should.

I got my 1 time in :carrot:. Have finally made it through the jiggly, jelly, I am gunna die but boy do I feel good feeling. I am so looking forward to seeing those kind of results. I know stamina, endurance, and strength will be my biggest reward. Along with that darned habit thing I am trying to grasp... But boy a 44 year old woman can dream can't she? :lol3: Nah, I am joshing I know I will see many positive results frm this. :)

NoVaVTFan my goal is to get the 30 days done in 6 weeks.

I think this is a fabulous goal! One I may copy as well. :)

I'm still struggling with my scale - been trying to lose my last 10 pounds since the end of January - and I'm hoping that adding in the Shred will help me lose the last 4 this summer.

This so me too. Lets encourage each other on in this endeavour. I have hit the platuea from hades, since coming to this country. January as well. I need to see 150 again!! I need to revalidate that I can lose so my goal wont be lost to me. Most of this mind work, if your brain can believe it, your heart can achieve it. :) I need to reinforce that I am capable. ;)

sh3l5 WTG on the Loss!! :bravo:

theresia & spcdcider :welcome: to you both, glad to have you here!!

If any one is interested I got my 30 day ticker from the www.tickerfactory.com ;)

Have a wonderful Sunday!

theresia
06-15-2008, 10:56 PM
I did my second workout today. Felt great.. I am planning to do level 1 for the first 10 days, then go on to level 2.. Let's do this girlz, don't give up,, only 30 days of your whole life :)

theresia
06-16-2008, 06:41 PM
I just did my third workout.. I am very tired in my arms when I do push ups, but it goes OK,,

michmich
06-16-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm SO excited I saw this thread. I am, for the very first time, going to go home and do the Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred DVD. :carrot: It's great to find you girls....it'll be nice to follow your progress and your posts are just what I needed to get me motivated to do this. I always get the 4:00 lag, but now I'm pumped!

I will let you know how it goes - if I can walk tomorrow. :lol:

michmich
06-17-2008, 11:17 AM
I just did my first workout yesterday. Sheesh - I felt like I was gonna die! But, right about that point, it was over. Thank GOODNESS. I can feel my shoulders and legs today - nice. Haven't felt that in awhile. I'm ready for tonight.

Question - do y'all do this workout EVERY day?

theresia
06-17-2008, 11:57 AM
So far I've done it for every day,, I will do day 4 today.. But I guess I'll maybe take a day off soon.. I'll try not do, but we'll see..

OnceUponADrive
06-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Hello everyone, I've posted in the other 30 Day Shred thread but I'll join up with this one too. I've been alternating the 30 Day Shred level 1 with the Cardio Kickbox workout. Both of them kick my butt EVERY day. Even though I can get through them both without stopping (for the most part) I still don't feel like it ever gets any easier, which is good that it's still presenting a challenge. I'm going to try a few more days of level 1 and then attempt level 2. For those of you that don't have it, the Cardio Kickbox REALLY makes you sweat and I highly recommend it.

theresia
06-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Hi and welcome!!
I will try to get the Cardio Kickbox later when I go back to Europe.. I am in the caribean now for 3 more months, Don't think I can get it here..
Anyway, I just did my fourth workout,, The push ups are still hard, but everything else goes pretty good.. For me the cardio and ab parts are the easiest ones..

mamaspank
06-17-2008, 11:05 PM
anybody else hate the side lunges? I loathe them. I get to that part, and I seriously want to turn it off.

bsa84
06-18-2008, 02:55 AM
i'm just curious, do you need the ball for this exercise?
Also, i heard that there's not much ab work in this dvd, have you guys seen significant improvement in your abdominal area?

mamaspank
06-18-2008, 03:14 AM
No ball is needed. I think it has plenty ab exercises. I don't really feel sore there, but I am glad that it doesn't have primary focus on them. In my experience, I think the only way to tone up in that area is to begin by diet. I stay away from pasta, rice, and white breads. I really don't eat that much bread anymore. My boyfriend told me that my stomach is absolutely flatter. I have really had a hard time with my stomach because I had a C-section one year ago. I have seen a huge change in my waistline, but I credit it more to diet and brisk walking almost every day for an hour.

NoVaVTFan
06-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Mamaspank - I LOATHE the side lunges with the arm raises. It is my least favorite part of level 1. I almost can't wait to complete my 10 days of level 1 so I don't have to do the side lunges anymore.

I've done level 1 6 times now, and it feels a little easier. I don't really have trouble with the cardio and abs, but the strength parts still aren't easy, but they are getting easier. One thing I've noticed is that my elbows and knees aren't feeling so great from the dips, lunges, and getting up and down, but I'm not letting it stop me.

Let's keep it going ladies!

ddc
06-18-2008, 09:28 AM
I guess I cheated. 1 and 2 were On Demand last month, so I went to do them two days ago and they only have level 3 on there now. So, I did it. It got my heart rate up pretty good and I did sweat, but my right knee was killing me yesterday. It has alot of plyo-jumps in it and I just can't do that anymore.
I like Jillian and I liked the workout, but just too much for my knees. Maybe I'll try it on my rebounder ????????

Best wishes :)

michmich
06-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Is Cardio Kickbox a Biggest Loser workout?

I don't mind the side lunges so much, the squats and lifts aren't real fun for me. I've only done two days worth and even though I can barely walk today I'm looking forward to tonight's workout. I love that it feels like such a great workout and that before I know it - it's done!!!

ddc- you started with #3?! OMG! I can't imagine how hard that is - If #1 is any indication of what's to come.....yikes. Nurse that knee and try level 1 if they have it.

OnceUponADrive
06-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Yes, Cardio Kickbox is a "Biggest Winner" workout. It's great.

I HATE the side lunges so much. I feel like I don't do them right, it's such an awkward move. And those arm raises KILL me. I can't even do all of them. I have to stop that part and catch my breath.

I taped both 1 and 2 from On Demand just before they disappeared. I plan to tape the 3rd one this week too.

michmich
06-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks!

I was using weights with the side lunges and wasn't able to hold form. Once I put those down, it was much better. I figure for now, form is probably better than weight. I don't want to hurt myself! They're a bear, for sure!

KLK
06-18-2008, 02:33 PM
The side lunges KILL me. I don't know why, but I can't seem to get the correct movement. It just always feels awkward for me.

anybody else hate the side lunges? I loathe them. I get to that part, and I seriously want to turn it off.

KLK
06-18-2008, 02:38 PM
And for some reason, the "jump rope" cardio move also kicks my a$$, though I can do the "butt kicks" without a problem (and I literally kick my own butt when I do them).

OnceUponADrive
06-18-2008, 05:12 PM
KLK, me too. I find the butt kicks to be the easiest move too, but the jump rope makes my legs and feet ache so bad I feel like I can't get through it.

Npmg
06-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I was doing Turbo jam for 4 weeks but switch to the 30 day shred Monday. Today was my third time, I'm still sored and having a hard time with the push ups. Yeah also those side lunges are the first thing I think about before even putting the DVD in, urgh!!!

A lot of people mention the calories they lost while doing the exercises and apparently it's not a lot. Well I hope to get good results.

Good luck everybody

What ticks me off is when she stops doing the move and go over her girls to show the moves and all, not fair, she's not doing them as we are and she's like come on push!! grrrrr hahahah!
I guess it just makes me mad cause its hard, which is good.

theresia
06-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Took a day off today, Came home to late.. Will do day five tomorrow.

michmich
06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Did my 3rd round last night. I'm not as sore today and my endurance seemed better yesterday. I like that!

My least favorite is the jumping jacks....always hated them, still hate them and will continue to hate them. BUT, I will do them.

OnceUponADrive
06-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Npmg, I LOATHE push-ups and have never been able to do them as long as I can remember. When I started the Shred I thought to myself, maybe I'll just skip this part. But I tried it and kept at it. I went from being able to do a couple of semi-push ups to being able to do 20 FULL push-ups in 2 weeks. It's amazing how fast I was able to build the muscles to do it. I find it almost easy to do now, and a couple of weeks ago I couldn't even fathom being able to do more than a couple. :)

theresia
06-19-2008, 06:24 PM
My fifth workout done! 25 to go! :)
The girly push ups went better than last time, but not good yet..
I also hate the side lounges,, the first time it goes okay, but then the second time my arms barely want to lift anymore,, but it gets easier every day, so hopefully it will go better soon..

sweetnsassyfied
06-20-2008, 01:03 AM
WoW you all are doing so well with this! :bravo:

I am so very disappointed in me right now. I cant seem to find consistancy. What is wrong with me? :dunno: I know it works if you work it. Everything works if You work it. ( Eventually ;) )

Seriously, how embarressing is this situation...

You begin a chat support thread in hopes of gathering a gaggle of gals who have the same interests. And then be the only one who isnt doing it!! :o

Okies now that I have fessed up & thoroughly :frypan: myself... I am off to do this blinkity blankety thang!!

The next time you hear from me ladies... I am going to be feeling good , achey, but good! :lifter:

mamaspank
06-20-2008, 01:57 AM
sweetnsassyfied,

You are definitely not alone. I had a reunion last weekend and haven't done the dvd in about a week and a half. I was helping put it on. I think I am going to start over since I am terrified of level II.

sweetnsassyfied
06-20-2008, 04:24 AM
I'll start if you start... ~whimper whimper~

P.S.

( I'm scared of level 2 too ;) )

sh3l5
06-20-2008, 04:00 PM
It was my last day on level 2 today....
tomorrow starts my level 3....
it looks grueling....

sweetlovin
06-20-2008, 04:34 PM
I do Jillians workouts on my exercise TV just because I like them. I never really tried the program.

Hows it going though? I love level 1 and two but they are soo hard! I am trying to work my way up to level 3. I think I am going to do it 2-3 times a week a long with all the other exercises I do.

KLK
06-20-2008, 05:05 PM
It's funny, but I WATCHED level 1 (just watched) before I actually attempted to do it, bc I like to get a sense of what's to come, and it looked easy enough. I was a foolish girl to think this.

KLK
06-20-2008, 05:11 PM
It IS amazing how fast one can build muscle and endurance. This isn't exactly 30 Day Shred related, but as of a few months ago, I could barely swim one lap in the pool and after only a few weeks of regular strength training (30 Day Shred and some other things) I can do 15-20 laps almost without any rest in between and without feeling like I'm going to die.

PS: I still do the girly knee push-ups, but my form (straight back, lowering close to the ground) has improved SO SO much.

Npmg, I LOATHE push-ups and have never been able to do them as long as I can remember. When I started the Shred I thought to myself, maybe I'll just skip this part. But I tried it and kept at it. I went from being able to do a couple of semi-push ups to being able to do 20 FULL push-ups in 2 weeks. It's amazing how fast I was able to build the muscles to do it. I find it almost easy to do now, and a couple of weeks ago I couldn't even fathom being able to do more than a couple. :)

theresia
06-20-2008, 09:19 PM
I will now go and to my sixth workout..
I did my first day last saturday, Then the scale showed 145, this morning it showed 140!! I've changed my food to, but I guess both are doing the difference together.. My waist and my butt are both down 0,4 inch each:)

sh3l5
06-21-2008, 01:34 PM
level three is a KILLER!

theresia
06-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Day 7 Done!!
It felt great,, I was sweating a lot :)!!

aerogora
06-22-2008, 06:31 PM
I just did level 2..... and it totally kicked by BUTT!!! I did level 1 for 10 days (not in a row though). Man I really was sweating!! But I feel absolutely great though!! I can't imagine level 3..... scary!
Best thing about level 2.. no side lunges with the arm raises!! Man I hated those!!

ddc
06-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Does Jillian have a food plan with the dvd?
I've only seen it On Demand and I couldn't find anything about eating.
I did level 3 a few days ago and my knee is just now recovering. Too much jumping for me :(
Anyway, I was just wondering about the eating plan--if there is one.

theresia
06-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Day 8 just finished!!
Everything goes well besides the push ups,, but they goes much better than the first time!
Now I will do only 2 more of Level 1, then I shall try out Level 2!!

OnceUponADrive
06-23-2008, 09:44 AM
I've been trying to get up early in the morning before work to do these workouts since they're short. But my problem is it's so intense that it takes me SO long to cool my body down afterwards. Even if I get a nice cold shower, when I get out of the shower I'm STILL sweating. It feels so gross! I feel like I need an extra 20 minutes just to sit and cool down.

michmich
06-23-2008, 11:00 AM
I got in four workouts last week. Ready to start with #5 today!

KLK
06-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Question: Are you guys just going to Level 2 after 10 days, regardless of whether you've "mastered" Level 1 yet? I've got some of the moves from Level 1 down, but some others, like that side lunge lateral raise business I just CANNOT do correctly... but I feel I should move to Level 2 after this week.

theresia
06-23-2008, 02:59 PM
I am going to Level 2 after 10 days, but the only thing I can't do very well are the push ups.. But I can do the girly ones... So it's ok for me I think.

theresia
06-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Day 9 finished!! Only one more day of this level! Fun to try out new stuff soon!!

NoVaVTFan
06-24-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm done with my 10 days of level 1, and I can say, I'm pretty glad. I was starting to get a little bored with level 1 - not because I find it horribly easy, just because I'm not used to doing the same routine 4-5 times in a week. So I'm glad to be moving on to level 2. I've done level 2 once when I was trying out the video at first and I remember it being challenging, so I'm looking forward to something different and challenging. I don't specifically remember, but I hope there isn't a move like the side lunges I hated so much in level 1. Hope everyone is hanging in there!

bjeweled
06-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Hello Everyone! I'm new to this part of the forum but wanted to join in because I bought Jillian's 30 day shred and did it for the first time last night. I feel awesome! It was a definite challenge but it was over in the right amount of time. I am going to try to do the DVD every day since it is only 20 minutes.

I wish you all the best of luck because Jillian is def going to kick our butts!

i hate the dam* side lunge as well i wanted those to end so badly!!!

i am trying to lose those 20 pounds in 30 days that she promises. we'll see!

LauraNS
06-24-2008, 06:49 PM
:df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df:

LauraNS
06-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Typical - lol. What i wrote wasn't there just the nice icons!

Where is a good place to find out about this Shred workout? Where is the best place to order it from?

Tell me all about it and why you like it!!!

Thanks , Laura x

NoVaVTFan
06-24-2008, 09:17 PM
As I sit here typing, sweat is dripping off of my forehead and my shirt is soaked. Sorry, I'm not trying to gross anyone out but I'm all sweaty because I just finished my day one of Level 2 of the Shred. I did 10 days of level 1 in the last 2 weeks, and started my journey into level 2 today. I had tried it out once before about 2 months ago, and remembered only that it was hard. I thought it was challenging, but did like it a bit more than the level 1 workout as far as the moves go. I think the "side lunge with shoulder raises" of level 2 (I hated this move in level 1 as I think a lot of people do) is going to be the "chair squat with v-raises" move in the last strength circuit. I don't have trouble doing the squats, but even with just 3 pound weights the v-raises were hurting. I'm definitely feeling much more drained than I did after level 1, but it is a good feeling (after the slight feeling of nausea passes I'm sure).

theresia
06-24-2008, 09:43 PM
I will skip workout today, came home way to late, and I am just tired.. Anyway I've allowed myself 2 rest days every level.. So that will be my second.. :) I don't feel guilty..

OnceUponADrive
06-24-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm starting level 2 tomorrow, girls! Wish me luck!

KLK
06-24-2008, 10:41 PM
OMG I just did Level 2... Oh My Goodness. I got through it, but OH MY GOODNESS.

I actually fear for my life when I get to Level 3...

KLK
06-24-2008, 11:04 PM
O just did Level 2 and I agree with everything you wrote -- those V-raises ARE the emotional and physical equivalent to the side lunges with shoulder raises from Level 1! I'm using 5lb weights (I have 8 lb too -- for the future...). The squats are fine, but the raising of the weights is MURDER!

There were A LOT of moves in Level 2 surrounding the plank position (the most hated of all positions, for me) but it felt good because as I was doing them, I could actually FEEL muscles I NEVER use being used.

I also liked the ab moves a lot more in Level 2 -- a lot more challenging than Level 1 and very satisfying.

As I sit here typing, sweat is dripping off of my forehead and my shirt is soaked. Sorry, I'm not trying to gross anyone out but I'm all sweaty because I just finished my day one of Level 2 of the Shred. I did 10 days of level 1 in the last 2 weeks, and started my journey into level 2 today. I had tried it out once before about 2 months ago, and remembered only that it was hard. I thought it was challenging, but did like it a bit more than the level 1 workout as far as the moves go. I think the "side lunge with shoulder raises" of level 2 (I hated this move in level 1 as I think a lot of people do) is going to be the "chair squat with v-raises" move in the last strength circuit. I don't have trouble doing the squats, but even with just 3 pound weights the v-raises were hurting. I'm definitely feeling much more drained than I did after level 1, but it is a good feeling (after the slight feeling of nausea passes I'm sure).

sweetnsassyfied
06-25-2008, 01:36 PM
I have a Wedding July 11th! It wasnt suppose to be till September. Eeeeep! There goes my procrastination time! :lol3:

JILLIAAAAAAAN.... Help!!

Parveen
06-25-2008, 01:56 PM
I started the Shred last night, I have worked with Jari Love, Tae Bo and started the c25K (1st week), but it was a good workout, I get bored very easily so this was good, and I was sweating a lot for a 20 minute workout! I managed the jacks, which I could never do as many before, the pushups i hate, the side lunges are not too bad, I can manage that! today my calves are hruting! form the jumprope and the jumping jacks I think!
it is nice to see others are goign through the same pain!!
I am using this workout 3times a week, so it will take me longer to get through each level, but I will get there!
Good Luck everybody!!!

bjeweled
06-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Where is a good place to find out about this Shred workout? Where is the best place to order it from?

Tell me all about it and why you like it!!!

Thanks , Laura x

i bought it at best buy and it was 12.99 its awesome! you only work out 20 minutes a day but i feel like its just as effective if not more effective than if you worked out for an hour. i also do a little cardio extra a few times a week but i feel like i would be fine with jillians tape if i wasnt a wee bit obsessed with getting this weight off quickly.

there are 3 circuits of 3-minutes strength, 2 mins. cardio and 1 minute abs. and warmup and cool down. i say buy it!

Parveen
06-25-2008, 03:24 PM
I rented mine through netflix, i will keep it till i am bored with it and then order something else.

OnceUponADrive
06-25-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm curious how many of you still do other forms of exercise in addition to the videos? Even though I feel like I get a super good workout, I almost feel guilty that it's so short, like I'm not spending enough time on exercise. Sometimes I'll do the shred and the cardio one right afterwards. Or I'll cool down for a bit then do something else. Do you think that 20 minutes of this intense, non-stop exercise does really benefit you as much as an hour of slower, less intense exercise?

KLK
06-25-2008, 03:52 PM
I feel the same kind of "guilt" if I only do the Shred, rather than the shred and then 30+ mins of cardio. But I think that in terms of getting your body to change, really challenging bursts of activity are probably just as good as longer more moderate/less challenging activity. But I think that if the goal is to burn calories, you'd burn more doing a full 30+ mins of cardio.

I found this article: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/52220.php that talks about the nearly equal benefits of both kinds of workouts.

I still think that for FAT LOSS (as opposed to just muscle gain) I'd want to do more cardio... But I don't think I'd have to do the Shred and then 90 mins of cardio... I'd more likely do the shred and then 30-40 mins of intervals (if I weren't being lazy).

I'm curious how many of you still do other forms of exercise in addition to the videos? Even though I feel like I get a super good workout, I almost feel guilty that it's so short, like I'm not spending enough time on exercise. Sometimes I'll do the shred and the cardio one right afterwards. Or I'll cool down for a bit then do something else. Do you think that 20 minutes of this intense, non-stop exercise does really benefit you as much as an hour of slower, less intense exercise?

Parveen
06-25-2008, 05:28 PM
I am planning on doing Shred three days a week and I started c25K and will be doign that the other three days. one day off!!!

LauraNS
06-25-2008, 05:59 PM

michmich
06-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Between Shred and South Beach, I've lost 3" overall since 6/16th. :carrot:

theresia
06-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Day 10 finished!!
I'm looking forward to do something new tomorrow :)

LauraNS
06-26-2008, 06:33 AM
Did i read something about jumping around for this workout? :trampo: Could be dicey as i live in an old hollow not sound-proof house and i'd be doing this at about 5 in the morning. How much jumping is there..... i know it seems silly to be asking, but........

:df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df:

KLK
06-26-2008, 11:17 AM
There IS a lot of jumping around lol -- jumping jacks, jump rope moves, "butt-kicks" etc. most of the cardio moves require jumping. I also live in an old house (though on the bottom floor, so there's no risk of me crashing through a ceiling lol), and all my stuff rattles when i do the DVD. Try to... land gracefully...

Did i read something about jumping around for this workout? :trampo: Could be dicey as i live in an old hollow not sound-proof house and i'd be doing this at about 5 in the morning. How much jumping is there..... i know it seems silly to be asking, but........

:df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df:

NoVaVTFan
06-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I also usually do another form of cardio either before or after doing the Shred. I have been doing the shred 4-5 times a week, and I think 1 day each week I just did the Shred and no other exercise because I was busy those nights, but generally I don't feel that the 25 minutes is enough exercise. Don't get me wrong, I think the 25 minutes is HARD and extremely useful as far as burning calories and fat, but I think I'm so programmed to doing between 45-70 minutes of exercise that just the 25 minutes doesn't feel enough. I will say that I sweat more and breathe harder doing the 25 minutes of Shred than I do of any other cardio I do for one hour.

I have done level 2 for 2 days in a row now, and my shoulders are feeling the pain. I might take a break tonight and go for a bike ride and pick it up again Friday and through the weekend.

mamaspank
06-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Here goes: I am ready to get back on track. I was never really off track; just brisk walking and softball. I did Shred for the first time in two weeks. I feel good. I can wait until I am smokin' hot in my Donna Rico dress for my cousin's wedding! It's a size 8 and I think I gave my baby's daddy a blister making him zip me up in it a couple weeks ago. Now I can zip it up all on my own! I have until July 5 to tone up. That means every day!

By the way, if I may ask, and maybe this deserves it's own thread, but what weight were you ladies and what height when you fit into a size 10? I am really a size 10, 5'6", and 158 pounds (ignore my counter, I got excited when one day, one morning, it read 156). That size 8 is this great stretchy material.

chiquitaberlinda
06-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Hey everyone I am new to the site, but I have been lurking for a month or so. I came across this tread and you all motivated me to stop messing around and try to lose my last 10-11 lbs (I lost 108 over four years, so I am a slow loser, but I had a baby in between so that's my excuse).
I am mad though because since starting I gained 2lbs! I am not new to exercise or anything so I don't know what is going on. I'll keep plugging away though, hopefully I can beat this fat into submission. Anyways, anyone get any good results so far? I figure I'll take a day off in between levels, unless that is too much stress on my body?
I figure 20 minutes of intense exercise is better than half-assing it for 45 minutes, so I don't force myself to do extra exercise, but if I want to (I genuinely love doing Total Body Sculpt with Gilad) I'll do it because I like it and want to do it as a bonus.
Keep on keepin' on everyone!

chiquitaberlinda
06-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Oh, when I was a size 10 I weighed in the 160's, but I am shorter than you (5'3"). I bet you look great!

Samybear
06-28-2008, 01:41 PM
I started the 30 day shred Saturday (June 21), I've done it a total of 3 times this week. I've been at a plato for a few months now and decided I needed to change things up to start loosing weight again. So this starts my 2nd week of my new schedule:

Monday - 60 minutes on elliptical, 40 minutes using total gym.

Tuesday - 30 minutes 30 Day Shred.

Wednesday - 60 minutes on elliptical, 40 minutes using total gym.

Thursday - 30 minutes 30 Day Shred.

Friday - 60 minutes on elliptical.

Saturday - 40 minutes on total gym, 30 minutes on elliptical, 30 minutes 30 Day Shred.

Sunday - Day off, but I do 2-3 hours of yard work.

I will be weighing in on Sundays to see what progess, if any I've made. I need to start messuring as well.

-Samantha

KLK
06-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Still waiting for the day I can squeeze into a size 10... :(
... ;)

, if I may ask, and maybe this deserves it's own thread, but what weight were you ladies and what height when you fit into a size 10? I am really a size 10, 5'6", and 158 pounds (ignore my counter, I got excited when one day, one morning, it read 156). That size 8 is this great stretchy material.

theresia
06-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi all! I haven't started with day 11 yet. Been a little sick.. Feeling better now, so I maybe start with it tonight, we'll see later..

needtolose4me2
06-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Ok guys, you got me going! I've been searching the threads looking for a good exercise routine and you all here have got me hooked.
Right now I do about 40 minutes every other day on the treadmill. I have lost 12 lbs in the past month and I already see my inner thighs looking like grandmas! kind of saggy and wrinkly. I know I need to do some serious toning.
My question is - Will the shred help with that or is it mostly a fat burning thing? are any weights, balls or anthing else needed? I would take anyones recommendation on anything else that might be good for toning and building some muscle.
Thanks!! and great work everyone! I'm really impressed!

KLK
06-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi there -- the 30 Day Shred combines weight training with some VERY vigorous, albeit brief, cardio. You will need two hand weights -- I would say, get ones that are challenging for you, but that you can still lift for a reasonable amount of time. The trainer on the video, Jillian Michaels, mentions getting 3 - 5 lb weights. I am using 5lb weights at the moment (but if those are too easy or hard, you can of course get heavier or lighter).

There are also a lot of core/plank/squat moves (perfect for the legs), which don't require any free weights, just your own body weight and balance.

I also wanna say: If you WATCH the DVD through once before attempting the workouts, as I did, it might seem easy... but looks are VERY decieving... ;)

Ok guys, you got me going! I've been searching the threads looking for a good exercise routine and you all here have got me hooked.
Right now I do about 40 minutes every other day on the treadmill. I have lost 12 lbs in the past month and I already see my inner thighs looking like grandmas! kind of saggy and wrinkly. I know I need to do some serious toning.
My question is - Will the shred help with that or is it mostly a fat burning thing? are any weights, balls or anthing else needed? I would take anyones recommendation on anything else that might be good for toning and building some muscle.
Thanks!! and great work everyone! I'm really impressed!

needtolose4me2
06-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Great! Thanks KLK. I think I'm off to Target!

KLK
06-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Cool -- check back in and let us know how you like it :)

Great! Thanks KLK. I think I'm off to Target!

princesspeach
07-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm starting Shred today! :)
(i'm very scared). LOL

theresia
07-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Hello everyone.. I haven't done day 11 yet,, been to sick.. Anyway, I'm feeling great today, so I'll do it again tonight..

theresia
07-02-2008, 09:33 AM
I did Level 2 yesterday for the first time.. I LOVED it :)... it made me workout a lot more than level 1,, in this level I couldn't really keep up with the cardio all the time,, (in level 1 I thought it was a little to easy..)

Jeli
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
hey guys
its nice to see others doing Jillian

i started this dvd about a week ago
and omg
i love it

i use it replace running at the gym (got me no where)

i first i thought i totally would hate it because of the push ups ( i suck at them)
but i actually gotten pretty good at it

im still at level 1 did level 2 the other day and omg
i wanted to die:dizzy:

i dont know exactly how much weight i have lost
because scales are my arch nemesis:devil:

but i think i look way better than when i started:D

jacqu79
07-04-2008, 11:29 AM
On day 3, and I'm finding this dvd harder everyday! :?:

Surely it should be easier the more I do it?

I have a rather large tummy, and it really hurts at the sides when I'm doing the jumping jacks.:(

theresia
07-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Hang in there jacqu79, I'm sure your tummy will be smaller soon :), If it hurts to much maybe you can try to do the Jumping Jacks without your arms and support your tummy with them instead..?,,
How is everyone doing,, I personally will do day 13 today.. I'm not doing it every day.. My body needs to rest.. So I'm doing it for 2 days, then rest 1 day, then 2 days again, and so on..
Good Luck everyone,, It's only 30 days :)

theresia
07-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Day 13 done,, it's so hard, but it's easier than the first time.. My shoulders gets so tired of this,, I'm glad it's only 3 circles,, I would never handle a 4th..

theresia
07-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Just did Day 14.. Almost halfway :)
I can keep up with Level 2 more and more for every time I'm doing it..
I hate the last ab part.. My shoulders are so tired by then.. I feel nothing in my abs while doing it,, is that normal??

JENNIEO
07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
I bought this dvd about two weeks ago and have done level one about six times (not in a row). The very first time I lasted only six minutes and was determined to go farther everyday. The thing I really love about this workout is you sweat immediately and of course Jillian Michaels. My goal is to get through level 1 without having to pause the dvd to rest, and to do it everyday. :D

KLK
07-06-2008, 12:54 AM
I really like her too -- I actually just bought her "Biggest Winner" 5-DVD box set. The workouts are about as intense as the 30-Day Shred but each workout is 30 mins and, I think, is more focused on specific muscles in each DVD ... like one is back, quads, biceps and the other is triceps, etc. etc. Also, there is a cardio kickbox workout too. She's great.

The thing I really love about this workout is you sweat immediately and of course Jillian Michaels.

MelodyLeigh
07-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Hey guys, I've only been a member for a few days, but this thread caught my eye because I've been curious about this workout DVD for a while. I LOVE Biggest Loser and have always liked how Jillian trains people, so I think this would be a really good workout for me.

How is it so far? I think I'll be able to buy it tomorrow. If not, I'll be able to buy it Monday.

I've been doing really bad with diet and exercise recently, so I hope to start again with this workout.

I'll be posting my progress! :D

ChopperChick355
07-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Got my 30 day shred yesterday in the mail so I am going to start it today right away because I have 28 days before vacation and I want to drop another 6 pounds before we leave. I will try to post daily when done.

mcz1970
07-06-2008, 09:23 PM
I just bought the 30 Day Shred DVD from Amazon along with Jillian's book Winning by Losing..

I cannot wait to start. It will be hard, but it will be worth it. I'm a little concerned about the jumping because of my weight, but we'll see!!

I wonder if I did the workout 3 times a day (theoretically, lol) how much better results I'd see.....

KLK
07-06-2008, 09:25 PM
OMG if you're able to do the workout three times a day, consistently, you should change your nickname to "WonderWoman" :lol:

But doing The Shred combined with some kind of cardio is a good idea.

I wonder if I did the workout 3 times a day (theoretically, lol) how much better results I'd see.....

MelodyLeigh
07-07-2008, 02:53 AM
I'm officially getting it tomorrow. I'm so excited!

I'm ready to get down and serious. :wl:

xpressyaself22
07-07-2008, 04:11 AM
I plan to start 30 day shred again tomorrow!! I've had the dvd for awhile, and made it to day 7, but I started a new job, my hopes were to work out right after work, but by that point I was too exhausted to do it. Starting tomorrow I plan to wake up a lil earlier and do the video before work!!!

jacqu79
07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Had a 2 day break at the weekend!:o

Done day 4 today though, and my tummy wasn't sore during the jumping jacks at all!:carrot:

Think it might be because my muscles had a wee rest, as I've been really feeling it in my abs since starting.

KLK
07-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Yay! *I* did one of Jillian's other workout DVDs (Cardio Kickbox), which also has a lot of jumping jacks and I stupidly was wearing an older sports bra that, um, was less supportive than my new ones (which were in the washing machine) and OMG all that jumping did a number on my boobage. I didn't feel it at the time, but afterwards I felt sore. It was a dumb move on my part blagh.

Had a 2 day break at the weekend!:o

Done day 4 today though, and my tummy wasn't sore during the jumping jacks at all!:carrot:

Think it might be because my muscles had a wee rest, as I've been really feeling it in my abs since starting.

mamaspank
07-07-2008, 02:37 PM
I have to tell you guys about the huge difference in my stomach and thighs. I haven't been a size 8 since I was 18, no matter how hard I tried. Well, it finally happened! I bought a couple pairs of new CK shorts, which I always had to get in a size 12 before I got prego. I feel like a new woman -- well, not a new woman, but a more compact woman. Keep up those ab exercises. They are now the easiest part of the dvd for me. I can also feel it when I get up off the floor after playing with my son. I don't have to strain at all to sit up.

OnceUponADrive
07-07-2008, 05:21 PM
I can't get over how I still find these videos to be just as difficult every time I do them. If I go off the Cardio Kickbox for even one day, the next time I do it feels like the first time all over again. I wish they were a little longer, though. I don't feel like 20 minutes is quite enough, but it's HARD to get through 2 videos of hers in one day. Too much jumping around.

MelodyLeigh
07-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I have to tell you guys about the huge difference in my stomach and thighs. I haven't been a size 8 since I was 18, no matter how hard I tried. Well, it finally happened! I bought a couple pairs of new CK shorts, which I always had to get in a size 12 before I got prego. I feel like a new woman -- well, not a new woman, but a more compact woman. Keep up those ab exercises. They are now the easiest part of the dvd for me. I can also feel it when I get up off the floor after playing with my son. I don't have to strain at all to sit up.

Awesome, congratulations! :)

I'm having some bad luck finding it.. I tried Walmart and they didn't have it. Where did all of you buy it? Best Buy or something?

mamaspank
07-07-2008, 11:06 PM
MelodyLeigh,

That is exactly where I got it, Best Buy. If you could wait, I would get it on Amazon. I bet it is really cheap if you could get a used copy. I just got The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood for 1.98. I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

ChopperChick355
07-07-2008, 11:24 PM
You can get 30 day Shred on Wal-Mart.com adn have it delivered to your local store. I think online it is also only like $11

Well today was my first day of the Shred and boy was I sweating up a storm and it did kick my butt, my thighs are already feeling sore so I know what tomorrow morning will bring but if it works it will be worth it. I want to really lose like 6 pounds and would also like 2 inches off tummy before Aug 1st.

Question when do you switch from level 1 to level 2?

MelodyLeigh
07-08-2008, 01:52 AM
I found it at Best Buy! Last copy too, phew.

I did it tonight and.. WOW. Either I'm really really out of shape or that workout is HARD.

I had to stop about three times just to catch my breath.. This is going to be so hard for me to get used to. ._.

Anyway, for me, the push-ups were really hard since I never do them and the overall workout was difficult because of my poor endurance.

Does level 1 get any easier after a few days?

RosettaM
07-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Wow! This board got me motivated. I have done her cardio kickbox and I didnt like it as it hurt my knees too much.

I have placed an order and will receive the dvd tonight. I plan to start level 1 tomorrow. I want to do it on alternate days so can anyone recommend any other Biggest Winner/Loser workout to alternate with this one (something other than her cardio kickbox)

I go for RPM classes every week and I hope 30DS doesnt make me too sore!

Thanks for all the wonderful motivation...I promise to update everyone about the pounds and inches lost.

NoVaVTFan
07-08-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm halfway through my 10 days of level 2, and my joints are hurting a little bit from the workout. I have had slight tendinitis in my wrists for years and the Shred is causing it to swell up a bit from all of the pushups and plank moves. I'm not going to let it stop me from completing it though unless it hurts too much to do it, then i'll take a break. Level 2 is still kicking my butt but man I love how much sweat I get coming out of me from it - it makes it feel like a REAL workout compared to some other workout videos I have.

ChopperChick355
07-08-2008, 09:57 AM
NoVaVtFan when did you switch from Level 1 to Level 2? Do you do the DVD daily or take 1 day off per week? Thanks

mtiger
07-08-2008, 10:49 AM
I stumbled on to this thread today, didn't know it existed. I am reading some posts and just snickering. When I first got it I told my workout partner how it was kicking my butt. My best guess is i got it in April and thought I'd never make it through level 1. I took some rests but made it through. I was doing it about every other day. I get bored and need to mix it up. By May I was doing level 2. Thought I WOULD DIE!! I struggled through.

I have not done it now in a while, probably since early June. I should get back to it so that someday I can kill myself with level 3. Hey maybe that's why in June I lost 3.5, gained 3.5, then lost it again. I need Jillian.

ChopperChick355
07-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Mtiger thanks for the info I think I will have to take today off I can barely move my legs they hurt so bad. But I will at least walk my 30 minutes today and then do Shred tomorrow again. I thought maybe you do like week 1 level--week 2 level 2 and so on but I will have to see after this first week how I feel after level 1. Again thanks

MelodyLeigh
07-09-2008, 12:21 AM
I DID ALL OF IT WITHOUT STOPPING!! :carrot:

Sorry, just a little excited. :^:

I'm still having a lot of trouble with the push-ups.. I'm not a push-up kind of girl.. but after I get stronger, they'll get easier.

It probably looks like a small accomplishment, but I'm so happy!

For me, it's just one step at a time. I'll take it day by day and I'll get through all 3 levels!

mamaspank
07-09-2008, 03:17 AM
When Level I starts being a lot easier is when I switched to Level II. I felt like Level I became noticeably easier after six sessions. This is just my experience.

Does anyone here get really sick of listening to the DVD? I don't even need to listen anymore. I have just been putting on my own music or NPR and just glancing up to make sure I am where I am supposed to be. Isn't there a no speaking feature at the beginning. I am about ready for bed and am too lazy tonight to check it out.

ChopperChick355
07-09-2008, 09:36 AM
That is awesome MelodyLeigh!!! Push ups are not my thing either but I did them girlie style though

Mamaspank that is great that is what I am going to shoot for I think but I have to get past this first day as I am still hurting today but will push myself to do the DVD today as I did take yesterday off from it. Since I have only done it once I am not sick of hearing her yet but I can see where that would happen. How long have you been doing the Shred and do you see a diff yet? thanks

chiquitaberlinda
07-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Hey guys, I haven't posted again because I haven't been having such good luck wh this dvd as I was hoping. I am on Day 14 (just finished Day 4 level 2) and I am still up about 3 lbs! I am discouraged, and I want to quit but I'll keep going, I guess.

It's just frustrating when you work so hard and everyone else is eating ice cream and you are eating a carefully planned out granola bar and you are not losing weight. Not only that, gaining!! Well, someone give me a story about how they stuck with it and had success. I need a motivational boost!

ChopperChick355
07-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Chiquitaberlinda-Well I can't give you a success story as today was only my 2nd day doing the shred. Though I had to take yesterday off because I was hurting so bad and today I was still hurting but made myself put the DVD in and do the workout. There are some success stories out there I have seen them but maybe that was in the biggest loser winning challenge.

Keep going with it and I know how you feel when you try so hard and you have those around you that don't even have to worry and always want to go out and eat or go for ice cream and stuff but I just have to keep thinking of all the hard work I have done and don't want to lose that. Just keep plugging away and it will all turn around for you.

mamaspank
07-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Reda355,

I have seen a huge difference. I cut back on the video when I was mid-deep into softball season. Now I have a month-long break. I think I am going to restart it tomorrow. I feel a huge difference in my lower back and stomach. I have so much more strength; I don't let out a huge groan trying to get up off of my back when I lay on the floor. My legs are also smaller than they have been since I was in high school, ten years ago. This may be something that I really need to attribute to walking and now that I am lighter, running.

I have always had a really weak area, my lower back, and I can feel a lot more strength there and I feel that is where I lost the most inches. I really started to drop sizes in pants when I started this dvd. I was a size 12 when I began doing it at 175 pounds. I am now a size 8 at 155 pounds.

More important than numbers though, I feel strong. That is the only part on the dvd I still love to hear, is when she talks about feeling so strong. I think that is a really important message and love the way I feel after I do the dvd. I am hoping to lose another ten pounds by next month. Actually, I will have reached my goal if I can do that.

Sweetmel
07-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Well, I tried in on indemand on comcast this morning and all I can say is that
it had me sweating like my Firm classics workouts(that are one hour long)
I just ordered it on amazon and I can't wait to see what the food plan is like.

dandk0204
07-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey guys I just wanted to stop by. I just ordered my 30 day shred dvd today and expect it sometime next week. Right now I do BL Cardio Max and Power Sculpt and love it. I cannot wait until I get it, I plan to do it for 30 days straight but we'll see. I'll be back when it comes in, good luck everyone.

theresia
07-10-2008, 10:43 PM
I just did my day 15, my 5th of Level 2.. I did the modified version this time because I hurt my toe some days ago, and it still hurts a little..

ChopperChick355
07-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Well did my 3rd day of Level 1 and it is getting a little easier but it is still kicking my butt but I am not sore anymore like I was on Tuesday after my first day, Monday. I do plan on doing it daily and hopefully moving to level 2 the beginning/middle next week.

Welcome sweetmel and dandk0204 it is a great workout and will kick your butt, not sure about others but I was really sore the day after my first day I am talking I could barely walk it hurt so bad but it feels worth it so far and I have only done it 3 days.

Mamaspank I believe I am the same my weakest is stomach and lower back so I am hoping to get them stronger as well along with losing some inches in that area. I am losing in my arms and legs and could tell before starting the DVD so I am hoping this will define them more. I bet you could lose the last 10 pounds easily if you are going to add alittle more workout to your daily routine. :) Thanks for the info it is much helpful.

KLK
07-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Jillian Michaels workouts that I've done have really helped strengthen my back muscles, which I desperately needed. Overall, I've seen basically every part of me has firmed up since I started working out with her. The ONLY ONLY ONLY issue I am having is that my knees have been bothering me, which is actually worrying me a bit and I'm taking a few days off from her workouts to rest my knees.

Mamaspank I believe I am the same my weakest is stomach and lower back so I am hoping to get them stronger as well along with losing some inches in that area.

ChopperChick355
07-11-2008, 09:47 AM
KLK thanks I do believe I am liking the Shred so far and just needed something that doesn't take up alot of time but will still be effective in the long run.

SITIBODY
07-11-2008, 12:13 PM
I'll be honest. I've been on 3fc for like a year now but I haven't posted because I didn't want to change my weight info back to what it really is now that I've gained this weight back.
But I finally got honest and just did it because I wanna talk to you all!
I've been doing 30 day shred for a couple of weeks. I got through the 10 days of level one and I am looking forward to moving on to level two but i've pulled a muscle in my calve and while I hate to be a big baby about it (it doesn't hurt that bad), I don't want it to get worse so I took yesterday off and it still hurts so I think I'm just going to do pilates today and see how it goes.
You all have been inspiring to me and you've been good support while I was stalking this thread. I look forward to participating from now on.

KLK
07-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I think you should rest it, at least for a few days, and not do the Shred. I did something to one of my thigh muscles earlier this week -- I dont know what -- and it was KILLING me for about a day. I rested it and it's better now.

I'll be honest. I've been on 3fc for like a year now but I haven't posted because I didn't want to change my weight info back to what it really is now that I've gained this weight back.
But I finally got honest and just did it because I wanna talk to you all!
I've been doing 30 day shred for a couple of weeks. I got through the 10 days of level one and I am looking forward to moving on to level two but i've pulled a muscle in my calve and while I hate to be a big baby about it (it doesn't hurt that bad), I don't want it to get worse so I took yesterday off and it still hurts so I think I'm just going to do pilates today and see how it goes.
You all have been inspiring to me and you've been good support while I was stalking this thread. I look forward to participating from now on.

ChopperChick355
07-12-2008, 02:43 AM
Welcome aboard SITIBODY- I would also suggest giving it a rest as you know the shred puts your legs through the test and works them good. Well today was day 4 it is getting alittle easier but still kicking my butt. I am getting much better at the push ups (modified version of course) not resting at all now so hopefully 2-3 more days and I will be ready for level 2 as I am really trying to push myself these next few weeks. Keep us informed how it is going for you :)

SITIBODY
07-12-2008, 12:13 PM
I will say, I saw a small difference in my strength through the 10 days of level one but i saw a HUGE difference in my endurance.
Today will be my third day of rest from the shred. My leg was hurting yesterday. So far today it's ok but I think I should wait until tomorrow to begin again. I've been doing pilates in the interim because those are done mostly on your back:)

theresia
07-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I just did Day 17, day 7 of Level 2.. I see a difference, I can now keep up in almost every part of L2, but not the double jump rope, I mix it with singel.. and some of the others I mix with a little of the modified ones.. But at least i can do it without stopping now, the first time I did L2 I had to stop some times and rest my arms and shoulders.. Now I'm looking forward to try out L3, will do L2 3 more times first..
Keep on going everyone, don't give up :)

femmecreole
07-13-2008, 09:29 AM
So happy to find this thread.

I started the shred 6 days ago. Yep, she really kicked my rear but I feel a lot stronger now and can keep up. (but huffing and puffing! I loved jumping jacks when I was a kid, but have come to hate them!) Dreading thinking about level 2 already. But, I am noticing a difference. I reached my weight goal in May (started South Beach 15 months ago) But I'm almost 53 and had 3 c-sections and a hysterectomy (and NOT those nice little bikini cuts) so my tummy was still a concern...along with "bingo wings". I have been doing fluidity for about 6 months and it really tightened up my legs/buns, but the stomach not so much. This really seems to be shrinking my tummy.

ChopperChick355
07-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Welcome Femmecreole yeah I actually have missed doing the shred the last 2 days but will be back on top of it tomorrow. I am so glad to hear the good news that everyone is seeing differences because that is what I want to happen with me. :)

SITIBODY
07-14-2008, 01:25 PM
I started level 2 yesterday with only very mild pain in my leg during the jumping jacks. IT WAS SOOO HARD. I couldn't finish several sets of the strength moves but I did try and modify rather than stop doing them until the set was over. Ha. Thats okay right??
During the last 6min interval, Jillian does say, "I want you to feel like you are going to die" and it gave me the extra push to finish. I'm going for it again today. I am NOT looking forward to it but I am looking forward to a hot bod.

hotnewspirits
07-14-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm a few days in to level 1, and I can already see a huge difference in my endurance!

I have a question for you guys though; How heavy are your weights? She never mentions how heavy they should be. I've been using 2 pound weights.

NoVaVTFan
07-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Spirits - I use 5 lb weights on some of the moves, and 3 pound weights on others. It depends on what muscle group it is working - I find that shoulder raises are harder, so I use the 3 pounds. Stuff like hammer curls are easier so I use the 5 pounds. I've found it's easier to play around with it and see what your muscles can handle. I always try and push myself on the strength moves, although sometimes my shoulders feel like they are about to give out.

I'm almost done with my 10 days of level 2, and I am not looking forward to level 3. Even though I feel exhausted after each session, I am determined to make it through 30 days of it.

ChopperChick355
07-14-2008, 07:58 PM
I also use 3 lb weights for arm raises and 5 lb weights for the rest. I will be starting Level 2 on Wednesday to see how that goes hopefully I will not be in to much pain like I was the day after i started Level 1. Hope all goes well for everyone today. ;)

dandk0204
07-15-2008, 02:12 AM
Hey guys I got my 30 day shred and will start level 1 tomorrow. Wish me luck!

SITIBODY
07-15-2008, 07:53 AM
GOOD LUCK

I used 5 pound weights in level one but now that I've been in level two for two days, I can't do some of the moves with 5 pounders so I moved down to 3. I still feel it big time but I can actually finish the sets. I think I'm going to try and master level two with 3 pounds and then do level three with 3 pounds and then go back and do level two and three again with 5 pounds. The way I see it, it's more bang for my buck.

Have a great day everyone!

theresia
07-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Good morning!
Yesterday I did day 18. Love it :) 2 more of L2 then I'll do L3!

dandk0204
07-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Thank you :)

So I did Day 1 Level 1 today and I LOVE it! I'm excited about these next 29 days. After I finished I did 3 miles walk away the pounds dvd and plan to do another 3-5 miles tonight or one of my BL dvds.

ChopperChick355
07-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Well today was my last day of L1 I will start L2 on Wednesday. I usually walk later with DH after dinner. Glad to see everyone is liking the DVD I am anxious to see the results. I did however have WI (i do weight watchers) tonight and did lose 3 pounds this week. :)

viksmom
07-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi gals,
I am new to 30 day shred I did day 2 of L1 this morning and I feel great (sore but great) I have not had this good a workout since I was teaching martial arts. I cant wait to see what happens by day 30.

OnceUponADrive
07-16-2008, 01:46 PM
I slacked off for a few days and re-started level one last night. It was like the first time all over again. My legs are SO sore!

ChopperChick355
07-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Glad to see you have restarted again Onceaponadrive. It is hard DVD but will hopefully payoff.

theresia
07-16-2008, 11:08 PM
I just finished day 20.. Next time I'll try out Level 3 :)

MelodyLeigh
07-17-2008, 12:21 AM
I stopped.. I feel like a failure. :(

My legs were so sore after the first and second time I did it, I had to have my boyfriend help me down the stairs.

My muscles are wimps. :P

Well... I guess there's just one thing I can do. Get up and try again.

ChopperChick355
07-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Melodyleigh, After the first day I was so sore I could barely move my legs as well so I had to take day 2 off no exercise - I literally could not move. Day 3 I thought well lets give it a try I was still sore and you know once I got going I loosened up and it was fine, then day 4 I was not feeling as sore as I was the day before.

So I would give it another shot it may be all you need is to get right back into it. :)

needtolose4me2
07-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Oh my GOD!! just started level one. Gotta tell ya- A LOT HARDER than it looks. At first I just sat on the couch and watched it. I even thought of just skipping level one and going right on to level two because it looked so easy! Boy was I mistaken. I, too, could hardly make it down the stairs the next day! I took day two off but got right back into it today and did a lot better!
Does anyone know approxiamtely how many calories each of the levels burns.
I can't wait to see what kind of results everyone is goint to have after the 30 days! I don't see myself losing 20 lbs. but even if I lose inches, that will be great!

MelodyLeigh
07-18-2008, 02:19 AM
Melodyleigh, After the first day I was so sore I could barely move my legs as well so I had to take day 2 off no exercise - I literally could not move. Day 3 I thought well lets give it a try I was still sore and you know once I got going I loosened up and it was fine, then day 4 I was not feeling as sore as I was the day before.

So I would give it another shot it may be all you need is to get right back into it. :)

Thanks so much, you're exactly right. :)

If I get sore like that again, I'll take a day off from exercise and then do it again the next day.

I'm willing to give it another shot. I'll start tomorrow!

Again, thanks for the support. :hug:

ChopperChick355
07-18-2008, 01:59 PM
MelodyLeigh you will have to let us know how it goes for you tomorrow when you start again. Hopefully you will not be as sore but I am betting you will be a little sore. Good Luck

You know it doesn't say any where how many calories are being burned, I would be curious to know as well.

L2 is very hard as well I was a little sore but plugging away at it because I will only be doing it 28 days before we leave for vacation plus I will be missing a couple of days that we will be gone all day and I know I will not get the dvd done.

Good Luck to everyone out there doing the Shred!! :)

theresia
07-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Day 21 done, first day with Level 3. I liked it a lot.. Did some of the modified moves. But I think I'll handle it in some days.. we'll see..

jmfan317
07-19-2008, 02:52 AM
Have you all lost a bunch of weight since you have started doing the 30 day shred?

ChopperChick355
07-19-2008, 10:13 AM
I just started like 1 1/2 weeks ago and have lost 3.5 pounds this last week, but I am going more for the inches.

theresia
07-21-2008, 06:08 PM
I did day 23 yesterday, Have a day off today. So far my waist has lost 0.6 inches, my arm 0.4 and my butt 0.8 inches. And I've lost 7 pounds since I did day 1 at June 14. But I haven't been following any diet. Just trying to eat healty, but there's always some cookies and ice cream that's come through my mouth :)

jmfan317
07-21-2008, 07:22 PM
For the ones who have been using this dvd what results have you seen since doing this? Whether you've done 30 days in a row or taken breaks inbetween.

bettyspaghetti23
07-21-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm new to the board...
I found this thread when I was doing research on the 30 day shred video...and well..I just received my video today so thought I would join!

I will start the program tomorrow and I am pretty excited about it, although I know it's going to be really hard but hopefully will be worth it. I am also going to incorporate The Firm's power yoga to get my flexibility back. I am hoping to lose as close to the 20lbs as I possibly can!! I've gained a lot of weight in the last year and am trying to get back into the habit of working out and eating well.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

JENNIEO
07-21-2008, 10:05 PM
It's been about two weeks since I first posted on this thread, and I finally started level one all over again this afternoon. I was able to get through the entire workout, with a few pauses in between, and feel wonderful. I plan on doing this dvd for the next 30 days so please wish me luck!!!

femmecreole
07-22-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm about 3/4 through with level 2. Butt kicker and still huffing and puffing, but definately seeing results. Wish I was seeing more in my tummy, but guess since it's still the "thickest" part of me, it will take a while.

bettyspaghetti23
07-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Wow...i just finished day 1 level 1!! I just finished and I can already hardly move!! It was really hard, but I really like her attitude and the fact that it's not all these crazy dance moves that you can hardly follow along with like a lot of home videos!

Anyway..I officially weighed myself this morning so I could see where I am starting...and definitely got discouraged. So..I am going to stick with it and see the results...wish me luck!

Good luck to everyone else and keep me posted on your progress!!

OnceUponADrive
07-22-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm off the wagon, girls. I had minor surgery to remove a growth on the top of my foot and I can't wear sneaks for at least a week or two until it heals. I'm going to start all over again at level one when I get back into it.

JENNIEO
07-22-2008, 07:31 PM
I almost gave up when I started day two, level one today. I couldn't believe how weak I felt when the workout first started. It was the jumping jacks in the beginning that got me, but was able to hang in there and finish. I really like the burning feeling I get when I do the push ups, and of course the stretching at the end because the workout is finally over!!! I'm not looking forward to tomorrow - my legs feel sooooo weak already....

ChopperChick355
07-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Jennieo and bettyspaghetti- It is worth it you will be sore but just keep plugging away and it does get easier

femmecreole- I hear ya about the tummy I am defiantely seeing some results but not a whole lot in tummy area, even those around me say they can tell..... I am going to keep going at it and will hopefully see something in the next 2 weeks.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

MelodyLeigh
07-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Ok.. so I got back into it and I just finished my Day 2 of the workout.

I hope I stick with it this time..
If I get really sore like last time, I'll just take a break for a day and then keep going the next day. :)

sweetnsassyfied
07-24-2008, 02:31 AM
I am off this wagon as well until September. I have Carpal Tunnel pretty bad in both hands. They operated on the right hand this past Wednesday and the left will be done in two weeks. So that pretty much shelves practically the whole vid for me. :(

But YaY I'm getting my hands back!! :)

I will still read to see how you all are doing. From what I see, your doing great!! I cant wait to become part of this crowd again!! :woohoo:

ChopperChick355
07-24-2008, 11:03 AM
SweetnSassy that is great about the hands you will be happy that you had it done but to bad about not be able to keep going with DVD but once you are healed up good you will be back on track, for the time being are you walking or getting any exercise in at all?

Melodyleigh how is it going this time around did you get as sore as first time?

Have a great day

MelodyLeigh
07-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Reda, I'm not sore at all!!

Today is Day 3 and last time, I was having trouble just getting up and going down stairs because of how sore I was.

I haven't felt ANYTHING this time around!

I'm definitely staying with it this time. :)

theresia
07-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Day 26 is done!, easier every time.. But the last strength part is really killing me,, the one with push ups-- I have to do the modified ones the second time.. When I'm done with the 30 days I'm planning to do them all over again :). Like them a lot. But then mix the levels, L1 - L2 - L3 - L1 - L2 - L3 and so on.. Hopefully I'll be able to do real push ups by the end :)

JENNIEO
07-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Well, I just finished day 3 since I decided to take a break yesterday. I feel I'm able to get through the dvd with less breaks so can't wait to continue.

I want to thank you sweetnsassyfied for starting this thread since it's what got me off my butt to go out and buy the dvd. Good luck with your surgery.

theresia, your an inspiration - day 26 already done and you're going to do the 30 day shred all over again - all I can say is "WOW"!!!!

ChopperChick355
07-24-2008, 08:06 PM
I just want to tell everyone KUDO's to all of us for starting and remaining with the DVD. It is hard but it will pay off, I am already feeling some differences but haven't taken any measurements and not taking any till next Thursday to see what I have lost. I think L2 for a couple more days then onto L3 but I do only have 7 days before leaving for vacation and while on vacation I will get some walking in but probably not much more exercise than that. Have a great night.

MelodyLeigh
07-24-2008, 10:27 PM
I just want to tell everyone KUDO's to all of us for starting and remaining with the DVD. It is hard but it will pay off, I am already feeling some differences but haven't taken any measurements and not taking any till next Thursday to see what I have lost. I think L2 for a couple more days then onto L3 but I do only have 7 days before leaving for vacation and while on vacation I will get some walking in but probably not much more exercise than that. Have a great night.

If you're ok with it, can you please post your measurement results? I would love to see how far you've come and how many inches you've lost doing the 30 Day Shred. :)

ChopperChick355
07-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Oh yeah I will post them it probably won't be till next Thursday I want everyday to count before vacation starts on Friday. Have a great day

MelodyLeigh
07-25-2008, 02:21 PM
I'll definitely post my measurement results too. :)

Keep working hard everyone!

Ambrosia
07-26-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm so happy I found this thread! :)

I started Level 1 last week. After the first two days my poor arms were so sore. I had to take a day off from the DVD because I could barely raise my arms. It even hurt to put a shirt on or to carry a bag. After the first three days my body began to adjust. I still hate the lunges and the last set of crunches. I will admit that the workout kicks my butt! :carrot:I'm a sweaty and panting mess after finishing Level 1.

bettyspaghetti23
07-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Alrighty...just finished day 3. I had to take a day off yesterday because I was feeling like crap...I have some kind of cold/congestion thing going on. But I'm starting to feel better and am going to stick with it daily now.

I've realized after I get through the first circuit (especially the strength) time flies for the next two circuits.

I still have a ways to go but I'm feel better already starting a plan and knowing that results will follow soon!

ChopperChick355
07-26-2008, 11:39 PM
It is great that everyone is still working out with their DVD. I also missed yesterday and today doing the DVD so not helping my inches out by missing but been way to busy so hopefully tomorrow I will be back on track.

txsqlchick
07-27-2008, 11:03 AM
I just ordered the DVD from Amazon; it should arrive middle of next week.

How much floor space do you really need to do it? My living room isn't all that big.

glitterlicious
07-27-2008, 10:22 PM
I just received my copy of 30 day shred in the mail and am looking forward to it...I have 30 days until classes start and I think this is just what I need to fine tune my body and show off all of the progress I have made this summer.

I watched it today and so far I like what I see. I plan on doing it 6 days a week with 1 rest day along with my running schedule. I'm hoping it'll give me the added edge that I need to knock off those last 13.5 pounds and have me looking fit and fabulous. :)

Tomorrow I will be doing my weigh in and taking measurements so I'll be able to accuratly gauge my progress.

Butterfly25
07-28-2008, 01:56 PM
I got the dvd and weights last nite and plan to get a cute little workout mat tonite so I will start tomorrow. I can't wait to get started after reading this thread. I planned on doing it daily but after reading some posts in the thread I won't be discouraged if I miss a day to rest. Hope to keep you all updated and hope I'm not to sore to post lol. Good luck all, looks like you all r doing great.

ChopperChick355
07-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Butterfly and Glitter yes please don't get discouraged if you are sore and can't do the second day right away but just make sure that the third day you get right back into it and you will be fine. :)

bettyspaghetti23
07-29-2008, 02:16 PM
So...I've been doing it every other day for the last week...I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it everyday, and it's only my first week...but since last Tuesday when I started i have lost 3lbs...so I can't really complain!

How is everyone else doing?

Butterfly25
07-30-2008, 02:42 PM
OMG!!! Jillian kicked my a**, lol. Today was my 1st day with the 30 Day Shred and my arms and legs feel like spaghetti, its even hard to raise my arms to type or drink my water. I had a couple interruptions with my 23 month old trying the jumping jacks and then spilling my water bottle but other than that I stuck with it. I think I cussed her a time or 2 but still worked through it. Had trouble with the girlie push ups and had to take a 5 second breather lol. Dunno how well I will feel tomorrow but as for today even though I'm wore out i feel great and feel like I really accomplished something. I am so glad i started reading this thread. Hope I can make it to level 2 soon, too scared to even watch it yet lol. Keep up the good work everyone!

ChopperChick355
07-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Butterfly you will probably be sore tomorrow and if needed take the day off but then the next day get right back to it and it totally loosenes you back up and you will be good to go. Good luck I am going to try to remember to post some measurements tomorrow but I have not done the DVD this week been so busy trying to get everything together for vacation on Friday as we keep get more and more people going. Talk to everyone tomorrow

NoVaVTFan
07-31-2008, 08:56 AM
Has anyone else done Level 3 and felt that it wasn't quite as hard as level 2? I have been doing level 3 for 5 days now, and I don't really feel that it's as hard as level 2 was. There's less weight work involved and I think that's why it feels easier to me. I definitely don't think level 3 is easy by any means, but it doesn't feel any harder than level 2, and even is a tiny bit easier as far as strenth moves goes.

SkinnyDean
07-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Quick question, for those of you doing the workouts and dieting, are you really noticing a difference, compared to other workouts?? Is it that much more efficient?? Thanks!!

theresia
07-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Today I'll do my last day!!!
Level 3 is still killing me, but I can do it so much better now than the first time.. The hardest part is the "moving push ups", the ones where you go from side to side.. The second time they do it I have to do it on my knees..
I'll keep on doing the workout 30 days more but only 4 times/week.. :) I am going to add some more cardio into my workout routines now.

Butterfly25
07-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Reda-I am taking today off, I realized this when my 23 month old woke me up wanting out of bed and when I stood up I nearly fell in the floor from being so sore. Its painful but so worth the it in the long run. I'm gonna get some rest today and get right back on it tomorrow. Even the muscles in my lower belly r sore! Good luck everyone!

txsqlchick
07-31-2008, 11:56 AM
I have the DVD but haven't taken the shrink wrap off yet. I'm scared of it.

Butterfly25
07-31-2008, 01:51 PM
I had it for about 3 days before i took off the shrink wrap lol, I was scared too lol. I finally did it for the 1st time yesterday and by the end i was moaning and groaning but i was proud that I finished it, too sore to do it today but gonna do it again tomorrow. I wasn't sure if i would ever do it again but even being sore today I am excited to do it again tomorrow. I even cussed Jillian a little lol, kinda made it easier to get through the 1st time. Also I did the modified since I've never worked out that hard. It's tough but very worth the pain to get to my goal weight. Good luck!

viksmom
07-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Hi girls I am jumping on the band wagon I am starting level one today. I did it for a few days a while back just to see if i saw any results and i did it was amazing so i am going to follow level 1 with on-demand and i ordered the dvd today I really want to stick with it cause i have a big trip to vegas for my birthday in 62 days. I also cant wait to get to know you all better =)

theresia
07-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Day 30 Done!!!
Finally :), took 45 days to complete..
I haven't lost so much, but I've gained a lot of strength, and been motivated to do more workouts! Will post my measurements tomorrow.

dandk0204
07-31-2008, 11:22 PM
Okay so today was Day 1 Level 1! So far so good, if I can keep my food under control I believe I can make it through all 30 days!

ChopperChick355
08-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Wow it sounds like everyone is doing a Great Job!

Butterfly I wish when I started that someone would have let me know how sore I was going to be the next day but the third day I was still feeling somewhat sore but did the DVD anyways and it helped me feel much better emotionally and physically.

I am going to take measurement tomorrow to see what kind of results I have gotten but I to do feel alot stronger and have way more energy. I do leave for vacation tomorrow will be gone for 8 days. Going to Sturgis and riding my bike out can't wait to get on the road :)

Ambrosia
08-01-2008, 01:02 AM
On Tuesday I started level 2. Today I repeated level 2 again and put on the Walk Away The Pounds dvd after taking a short break. My poor calves are sore.
I'm starting to get used to working out daily even if its for twenty minutes. Now if I could only watch my calorie, sodium, and carb intake..

Butterfly25
08-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Ok y'all I need my butt kicked, lol. I am feeling rough today and really don't wanna put in that DVD! I had a bad nite with our power going out from 3am til around 6am cause my 23 month old got terrified and wouldn't go back to sleep. I am still sore from day 1 and my get up and go got up and left me early this morning, lol. Its my b-day today for crying out loud I should feel better than this:tired::sorry:So break out the the bats and knock me out....please?! i really don't need to miss another day of exercise, but i just don't know how to get motivated.

theresia
08-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Hello. Took my measurements today. Didn't lose so much. 8 pounds, 0,6 inch of waist, 0,6 inch of butt, and 0,4 inch of my arm. I will not complain. I didn't follow any diet, so I'm happy with it!

dandk0204
08-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Day 2 Level 1 complete and I feel great! Good job everyone!

Npmg
08-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I even cussed Jillian a little lol, kinda made it easier to get through the 1st time.

Seriously, I have to cuss her out everytime. Especially when she's not doing the exercise, but showing how to do it with the other girls, and she goes "pull, pull" with a serious face on...I have to every time!!

viksmom
08-02-2008, 01:54 AM
day 2 week one and i am having a rough time cause it is that time of the month so i cant stop munching or get my jeans on i am so depressed =( the work was ok though i hope i see results ={

JellyBean32882
08-02-2008, 05:58 AM
day 2 week one and i am having a rough time cause it is that time of the month so i cant stop munching or get my jeans on i am so depressed =( the work was ok though i hope i see results ={

That's ok, I think it's my TOM as well, I'm crampy and bloated feeling ehh

I got the 30 Day Shred.. I tried it once and just doing the arm work tires my arms out, LOL. I haven't exercised in years, only cleaning the house, cooking, doing laundry which probably isn't considered exercise.. this dvd is gonna be a killer for me but can probably get through it.

Butterfly25
08-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Well I did day 2 yesterday and am still sore, still had to cuss her out lol. I actually stuck with it more this time but still having trouble with the girlie push ups. By the end I was moaning and groaning again and ready to throw away the dvd! BUT if I wanna lose the weight I have to keep going! I've noticed a couple of small changes already, got a little bit of a curve in my sides and when I make a muscle its not all flab! Go me! My only problem right now is my back is hurting pretty bad, dunno if its the workout or the way I slept. Gonna try for day 3 later today if i get my back to quit hurting. Good luck all!

JellyBean32882
08-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Well I did day 2 yesterday and am still sore, still had to cuss her out lol. I actually stuck with it more this time but still having trouble with the girlie push ups. By the end I was moaning and groaning again and ready to throw away the dvd! BUT if I wanna lose the weight I have to keep going! I've noticed a couple of small changes already, got a little bit of a curve in my sides and when I make a muscle its not all flab! Go me! My only problem right now is my back is hurting pretty bad, dunno if its the workout or the way I slept. Gonna try for day 3 later today if i get my back to quit hurting. Good luck all!

Ya, I got flab all over, but I notice is most under my arms.. i'd like to get rid of that and flab everywhere else. How long does it take to see changes?

Butterfly25
08-02-2008, 12:38 PM
I've been doing random DVDs for a little over 2 weeks but nothing kept my attention like 30 day shred. I've only done it 2 days but already feel a difference. I'll weigh and measure again next Friday and post my results.

Update: Dunno how its gonna go over the next week just got my monthly monster, prolly gonna need my butt kicked everyday, so get the paddles and bats ready y'all lol!

JellyBean32882
08-02-2008, 01:37 PM
LOL, monthly's suck, I wish I never had em..

Butterfly25
08-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Day 3 was Saturday and just got through with day 4, still sweating from it actually lol. Had to take yesterday off, hubby was getting worried that I was overdoing it and made me take a day off. He's scared I'll lose too fast and make myself sick, which is sweet but annoying as well since i know my body better than he does. Anyways, I was able to stick with Jillian better today only had to take a 5 second breather 2 times lol. Still doing girlie push ups but did most of them today. I can tell a big difference in my endurance and my body feels slightly tighter, my tummy has gone down alot now I'm starting to get an "apron" lol. Legs and arms feel like spaghetti and will prolly b sore tomorrow but it's so worth the pain. Good Luck everyone!

bunny43
08-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Hello....
I am curious what all the excitement is about 30 day shred?? Is it a quick fix exercise program? How long is the exercise program?? Like 30 minutes?? I see a lot of happy posters, so please share with me about this DVD! Do you need any exercise equipment to use the DVD such as hand weights etc?

Do tell!

thanks....gail

JellyBean32882
08-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I tell ya this DVD is a killer.. I can't even get through level 1, but I figure if I keep doing it I'll get farther and farther and eventually finish the level for once. I kept getting out of breath..

lunabella
08-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Hey ladies!! I got the DVD a few days ago and completed level 1 day 2 this morning before work. . .but my problem is the fact that I live in an apartment on the second floor of the building, meaning that the poor people who live in the room below me are most likely rudely awakened at 6am by my jumping!

I'm not sure what to do b/c I love the workout and don't want to slack on my fitness because of people I don't even know, but I feel too guilty jumping around wondering if they're upset. Any ideas?

Hope everyone's having a great day! Good luck with the shredding :)

gtech2mit10
08-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Lunabella -- any safe park-type area or lounge-type areas in your building complex (playground outdoor pool) that would be unoccupied early in the morning? That you could lug a dvd player/laptop to...I guess you could even memorize all the moves and do them if there's no lugging possibility? I'm worried about the same thing for when school starts again and I go back to my crappy, creaky apartment.

So I completed my first day of Level 1 yesterday...I thought I was going to die partway through the first round of cardio and had to take a 30 sec break, and I was sweat-drenched, but today I'm totally fine with no pain.

Given that I'm quite heavy and in unspectacular shape, does anyone think this lack of pain means I'm not pushing hard enough on the strength traning part of the program (for example, not getting low enough in the squat-type exercises or punching exercise) or not using enough weight (I'm using 5 lbs)?

mamaspank
08-05-2008, 04:50 PM
G-tech,

Your avatar is heeeelarious! I didn't have pain either the first day afterward. It took until the next day to hit me. I'll admit I had the same fears as you and started the video when I was about 178 pounds. Stay with it. I credit my shoulders and the flattest stomach I have had in years to this video. I jog every night as well, so I credit jogging to my legs. If you are able to squat lower, go for it! I couldn't believe how exhausted I was after the first couple times I did this dvd. My boyfriend isn't allowed in the room when I do it anymore, because he thinks it is the most comical thing to see me talking myself through it and red as a beet.

taben07
08-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Hey everyone...Just bought this dvd and I will be doing my 4th day today after I get home from work. Yes, this is a tough workout. Especially for me the side lunges with the weights in which I can do a little with the 5 pounds but if I want to do them all, do them with the 3#. LOL

So, tell me your progress....I have noticed after using my stationary bike and biking for 10 miles and using a mid level resistance (out of 8, a 4) I am gaining muscle and my jeans are much tighter and I am now 130!!! :?::( This is NOT the results I wanted to see and I am trying to achieve. Is this going to stop??? :?: I bought the bike before my dvd and have been using it for about 3 weeks and then noticed the difference in my jeans. So, now I cut the resistance down to 2 and pedal harder and then use my 30 day dvd and bike 5 miles instead of 10 so I can get a little more cardio than just the 20 min.

WILL I KEEP ON GAINING WEIGHT/MUSCLE???? PLEASE HELP! I am hoping to see results in my jeans with this dvd by the end of the month. I want them to fit looser-VACATION in early Sept.

PLEASE HELP!

Tammy

Butterfly25
08-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Day 5 done! :cheer:So far so good, eating pretty good and the soreness has gone away. My arms and legs still feel like spaghetti after the workout but that's getting a bit better. I'm actually looking forward to Friday to measure and weigh. Monthly monster is still rearing it's ugly head but I've been munching Advil like candy and just pushing myself through workouts. Luckily it will be gone in a couple more days. Hope everyone is doing well.

Ambrosia
08-07-2008, 03:00 AM
I finally hit day 5 for level 2 yesterday.:carrot: I'm at the point where I am sick of Level 2 lol but I have to stick it out for five more days.

Butterfly25
08-08-2008, 09:30 AM
:?:I know I didn't workout everyday but I am disappointed that I actually had a 2 pound gain this week! I also gained an inch here and there! Maybe it's the monthly monster? I dunno but my motivation is just about gone. UGH!:shrug:I'm kinda feeling like whats the freakin point!:nono:I am gonna keep my head up and stick with it! I can't let 1 weigh in day ruin my chance of having my goal weight! I will keep doing the 30 Day Shred and eat right! I haven't been eating much this week, nowhere near enough, monthly makes me not wanna eat. Hopefully next week will be better. Sorry for the rant.

gtech2mit10
08-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Butterfly, a lot of people seem to report gaining a bit the first week of 30-day Shred (muscles retaining water, I guess?). Stay with it, the gains in strength alone are worth it. I just started on Monday and I'm amazed at how many more pushups I can do.

Enygirl
08-08-2008, 08:51 PM
I want to join in the chat :) I just got my DVD on Wednesday, and did level 1 for the first time yesterday. It was an awesomely good hard. I never realized that 20 minutes could kick my butt so much!

I'm one that gets bored very easily, but I'm going to do my best to do this for 30 days. I'm going to stay on level one until I notice that I need to push more. I have injured myself in the past - and don't want to do that again!

I really need to keep going with this. my eating's ont rack, but my body is at it's breaking point. For some reason I haven't been able to push past the #180s in over 10+ years! I'm hoping Jillian along with your motiviation will help me see the #170's at the end of August!

amyliz35
08-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Ok, I've got the workout outfit on and my hair up, now I just have to get up and do it!!
Day one of the 30 day shred begins now! Cruise clothes here I come...
I've heard ten days per level, I've done level one a couple of times before, not in a row, so for the next 30 days I'll stick to it and see how it goes!
I do hate the jumping jacks and the push ups, but enough procrastination;) here I go...

amyliz35
08-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Ok, day one COMPLETE!!! Only 29 more days of this living **** left!!
As hard as this was it MUST be working, RIGHT? :)

Enygirl
08-09-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm with you Amy. i've only made it 2 days (gearing up to do day 3 now.) and my gluts are STILL yelling at me! :eek: I decided to put my starting weight in my signature for this challenge too - so that I can wee the difference it's making. I'm hoping to get back down to ticker weight by Monday! I had a REALLY rough couple of weeks - So JILLIAN - I'm Yours to Shred! :lifter:
*Edit - 10:00 - finished day 3! :) only 27 more to go! :whoo:

Enygirl
08-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Day 4 complete. Level 1 is still kicking my butt! :kickbutt: - but I am noticing that I'm not quite as tired right now as I was even yesterday. What's annoying to me is that I've been on plan eating wise completely the last 5 days and I'm seeing an actual GAIN since last Monday! :eek: I'm hoping that tomorrows weigh in is AT LEAST back down to last week's!!!! I know that some is water retention.. I do that everytime I start a new regime... but SERIOUSLY!!!

Enygirl
08-11-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm mad :mad: I know that some is water retention - and gaining muscle - but I'm up #2.4 this week! It's the first gain I've had in a LONG time! Oh well - I'm going to keep shredding - and Jillian will kick my butt! Tonight is day 5, and 1/2 way through level 1. :) It feels good. I'm going to start doing an additional work out on my "at home" days - Wed, Fri, Sat & Sun. I'll mix those up a bit in the morning and still shred at night.

So my question is - those of you that are further along them me - how much weight have you lost? What other activities are you doing in addition to 30 day shred. AND Did you gain some your first week on it? (I've seen a few posts that mention a first week gain). Ok - so really it was 3 questions... I never was one for counting :D

BY THE WAY - WHERE IS EVERYONE!! I CAN'T BE SHREDDING ALONE HERE!!!

Enygirl
08-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Starting Day 5 right now... maybe i am in this alone! :cry:

amyliz35
08-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Nope Enygirl, you're not in this alone. I just got done with day 2 of the butt kicking, I'm crossing my fingers and everything else that this will work! I did day one, skipped a day because I kinda hurt myself, and now I'm back on track!
I did this dvd off and on for a couple of weeks in June and I did notice a BIG difference. Not always on the scale, but in my clothes. My theory is that the strength training maybe slows down the beginning weight loss, but because of the added muscle mass you start to burn more calories 24/7 so in the end you end up with a greater loss then had it been just cardio.
I'm no expert, but this sounded good to me. LOL!
Stick with it and don't get discouraged! I'll bet the little bit of weight you're up will come off along with a couple more lbs. before you know it! :)

ChopperChick355
08-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Well I am back from vacation and need to get started back on the Shred right away I have my next week long vacation planned in January and we are going to Cancun so I have to have bathing suit body by then. :)

Enygirl
08-12-2008, 09:26 AM
It's good to see that I'm not alone! I was getting SCARED! :lol:

I'm also happy to report that the water weight form this weekend is gone, and I'm down to #186.4 this morning... it's still a small (#.4) gain from last week - but not NEARLY as bad as yesterday!!!

Amy - I like your theroy- I know that the strength and muscle that I'm building is working! I did 8 "real" pushups yesterday - and I've NEVER been able to do even 1 before! I know it's working.. and I have 25 more days to SHRED! :D

Ambrosia
08-12-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm still on Level 2 and it killing me. lol I can get through the first 2 circuits but I have to force myself to finish the last. I watched level 3 last weekend and I am scared.

Enygirl
08-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Am - how long have you been doing level 2? how long were you on level 1?

I'm NOT going to watch it first - because I don't want to scare myself away! ;)

Off to do day 6 of level 1 right now! :lifter:

Ambrosia
08-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Am - how long have you been doing level 2? how long were you on level 1?

For about seven days. I was on Level one for seven (yeah I know I was suppose to do ten :o.) I've noticed some changes: a pair of pants that was too tight for me to wear now fits, my pants do not fit as snug around the thigh area (which is one of my problem areas), and my bras have extra space in them (sorry if this is TMI). I usually lose weight in the chest and butt first then the rest of the body follows.

After I finish the 30 day shred I follow up with Walk Away the Pounds (5 mile DVD).

amyliz35
08-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Man! At the rate I'm going it's gonna be the 60day shred!!!
I seem to be an every other day person. I should be better now, had to by a knee brace. So lesson learned for me...Don't work out without shoes on! Barefoot kinda was a mistake.
Ambrosia...We're about the same height. About how many lbs are you finding it takes for you to drop a pant size? I know where the weight is coming off will make the biggest difference, but I'd love just a general idea so I can set a couple of small goals.

taben07
08-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey there...I started level 2 one day early and those plank exercises bite!!!:( This is definitely a more challenging level. GEEZ! Can imagine what level 3 brings. LOL Can't tell anything in my clothes yet but it hasn't been a full two week either. May take until the end of the dvd to see any changes on the measuring tape.

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR YOU TO SEE INCHES LOST? I don't care so much about the scale because I seem to always stay around 130. last time I weighed I was 128, granted I would love to be 115-120 but at 40, don't think it will happen!:^:

Please reply and tell me this really works!!! :woohoo:

Enygirl
08-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Taben - Now I'm scared! :eek: I'm doing the 10-10-10 plan... tonight is level 1 - day 7. It is getting easier for me, and I can DEFINATELY feel a difference! I'm not nearly as tired afterwards, but it's still :kickbutt:

As for inches - I don't know yet! I know that my clothes feel better - but I haven't lost a significant amount of inches yet. Oh to be #130 - that's my goal!!! :D Keep up the good work!!!

Ambrosia
08-13-2008, 11:58 PM
I seem to be an every other day person. I should be better now, had to by a knee brace. So lesson learned for me...Don't work out without shoes on! Barefoot kinda was a mistake.
Ambrosia...We're about the same height. About how many lbs are you finding it takes for you to drop a pant size? I know where the weight is coming off will make the biggest difference, but I'd love just a general idea so I can set a couple of small goals.

I drop a pants size after losing 10 or 15 pounds.

Yeah don't do it without shoes. I started the first seven days without shoes and ended up with a blister.:( Don't do it without a bra either or you will be sore for days. LOL

ChopperChick355
08-14-2008, 12:10 AM
You ladies are tooo funny. Well I didn't get started today but tomorrow will be day 1 level 1 again since coming back from vacation. Hopefully I will not have to do the full 10 day at level 1 since this is my second go around. :)
sounds like everyone is seeing some results even if the scale doesn't show much

bettyspaghetti23
08-14-2008, 04:55 PM
ok ladies...I fell off the wagon a while ago and it's time to get back on track!!! last time I didnt even make it past 5 workouts doing them every other day...but I'm not sure if it was because I got bored or because i was battling being sick. But...I do know this works...because I lost 3 and half pounds just in those 5 workouts! I think that if people lose weight or not really depends on if their own physical level and whether they have it to lose or not or if they need the toning up...

has anyone lost a significant amount of weight during this program?

Anyway, wish me luck ladies and I hope everyone else is doing awesome!

ChopperChick355
08-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Well beattyspaghetti good luck goes out to you, I also need the same luck because here another day went and instead of exercising I took my new motorcycle out for a ride :) but also :( should be exercising.....

Butterfly25
08-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Well I have fallen off the wagon as well. I haven't worked out more than once this whole week, not sleeping enough at all has took its toll on me and I just can't seem to do it. Also I have hurt my knee somehow, it hurts when I walk or bend my knee at all, dunno whats going on but kinda scared to work out with it hurting like this. Gonna continue my break through the weekend and start all over monday. Way too much going on this weekend to squeeze in a workout. Glad to see everyone is getting results.

Enygirl
08-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Well - I did day 8 of level one yesterday, and so far I'm down #2.2. :D So I'm thinking it is working. I'm going to stay at level one today and tomorrow and then move on to the scary level 2! :eek:

So betty - yes I think this works! I definately feel more toned from the inside, and the fat layer is shrinking on the outside! :) I'm not sure if #2 is significant, but I'll keep you posted through out the month.

ChopperChick355
08-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Enygirl I believe it works to- it is weird how you may not actually see scale wise a big diff but you sure can feel it inside.

Hope eveyone else is doing ok

Butterfly you should give your knee a rest because this program really uses your legs alot.

Enygirl
08-15-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm SO tired! :yawn: I've been shopping with DD for the last 3 hours! Who knew a 6 year old could be so into fashion?!??!!!

I'm gearing up to do day 9.. but let me tell you - tonight I'm just NOT feeling it! I HATE doing any workout when DBF has friends over, because they're in the basement and I'm upstairs... I feel like they're down there thinking I'm going to come through the floor!!! Only 2 more days of level 1! :eek:

Ok - i just finished day 9 of level one, and I have to say.. I'm pretty sure I'm ready to move on! I still feel very worked (in a good way) but It's DEFINATELY easier then last week!!! :yay: I'm still going to do level one tomorrow evening - along with a good long yoga workout :yoga: in the morning. and then Sunday BRING ON LEVEL 2!! :lifter: I'm READY!!! :)

Enygirl
08-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Where ar emy Shredders this weekend? I'm doing Level 1 day 10 in a coupole of minutes. That'll be it for me and level one! PHEW! See you on level two tomorrow!!! :) (I'll pose level 2 start weight in signature in the morning :))

Melonys
08-18-2008, 11:56 AM
The Cardio Kickbox and front/back workouts by Jillian Michaels are also GREAT! I alternate them with the 30 day shred every morning. They are all about 30 minutes long.

ChopperChick355
08-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Well I finally got back on track today - started Level 1 Day 1 and again it kicked my butt, so hopefully I will not be as sore as I was the first time I started.

How is everyone else doing?

dsamy
08-20-2008, 04:12 AM
hello to all,

will be starting shred soon doing it 3-4x/wk still depating whether to do them in a row or on alternate days. any help?

has any of you guys had MAJOR weight/inch loss with shred?

Darby1
08-20-2008, 10:47 AM
I started Level 1 yesterday. I'm not usually so dramatic, but I think Jillian was trying to kill me!

What a workout! I'm in so much pain right now! Must mean it's working, right?

ChopperChick355
08-20-2008, 04:27 PM
I thought maybe since this was my second time around with about a 3 week break that I would not be as sore but my legs are killing me today but I sucked it up and did Level 1 day 2 and boy do I hurt so I am going to take myself a nap before everyone gets home and I have to cook supper. Have a great night :)

dsamy
08-21-2008, 04:04 AM
I started level 1 yesterday with (2) 4kg dumbbels. I may have not finished all the reps but I am having huge difficulty doing the side lunges with the arm movement. my arms seemed to be glued to my front thighs:(

The cardio part is even worse.

overall, today I feel like I worked out but am not worked.

Reda : do you plan to do it daily ? are you taking rests? how much weight you are using?

darby: Yes, it seems to be working.

Engygirl: how are you holding up?

Enygirl
08-21-2008, 09:24 AM
I've been SLACKIN! I haven't done 30DS since SATURDAY (almost a week!) I WILL start level 2 tonight though! It's time I stop feeling sorry for myself, and get back into the groove of things! AHH!!!

ChopperChick355
08-21-2008, 06:33 PM
dsamy I do try to do daily M-F it is harder on weekends because everybody is home and around so I usually just end of walking and golfing without a cart on the weekends. I just really need to get my butt in gear and stay on track this time. I do only limit myself to usually 30-40 minutes of exercise a day because I think down the road when I am maintaining and living life that I do not want to give up more time than that on a daily basis so I only exercise the amount of time I am willing to give up in the future. I know it probably sounds stupid but I just have better things to do I guess. :)

Enygirl
08-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Ok girls - I just finished day 1 of Level 2 - OMG I THINK I'M GOING TO DIE!!! I now HATE - LOATHE - WANT TO CAUSE DEATH UPON PLANKS!! Only 9 more days of this level - right??? :p

I'm beat.. and sweaty and going to take a shower and go to bed! :yawn: :tired:

bettyspaghetti23
08-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Theresia...

I saw that we have similar weight loss goals, did you lose all that from 30 day shred?! If not, what else did you do? You'll you have to excuse me..I'm inspired!

I'm trying to stick with the program, but I am getting a little bored and lacking any motivation!

Good luck losing the rest of the weight you want to lose!!

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

Enygirl
08-23-2008, 10:53 PM
I've been slacking again girls.. I haven't done 30DS in 2 days! I NEED TO STOP THIS! Why is it SO hard for me to get into a routine and STICK WITH IT!!!

Tomorrow I'm doing it! No questions, no excuses... I HAVE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

bettyspaghetti23
08-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Don't worry enygirl, I have been slacking too..way worse than you, it's been two weeks for me! I plan to start Monday again and actually stick to it. Not only do I need to lose weight, I need to gain energy in my everyday life that working out gives you!

Good luck to you!

KLK
08-24-2008, 12:19 AM
I have only been doing the shred occasionally, mixed in with other stuff, so while I have been doing it, I haven't been following the 30 Day Program. But I think I will pick that up in September and actualy try to do the entire program. I think it will be good for me, as I will be back at work AND my in-laws are coming at the end of September, so I will hopefully be able to get in at least these 20 mins a day.

dsamy
08-24-2008, 04:29 AM
hello to you all,

my original plan was to due shred 4-5x/wk on a row. but I guess I have to do it 2-4x/wk now because I have noticed sleeplessness which I guess indicates overtraining. I guess I haven't estimated how totally out of shape I have become.

I am using 2 dumbbels each is 2kgs = 4.4 Lbs. How much you guys are using?