Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

anybody else hate the side lunges? I loathe them. I get to that part, and I seriously want to turn it off.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:55 AM   #17  

i'm just curious, do you need the ball for this exercise?
Also, i heard that there's not much ab work in this dvd, have you guys seen significant improvement in your abdominal area?
Old 06-18-2008, 02:14 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

No ball is needed. I think it has plenty ab exercises. I don't really feel sore there, but I am glad that it doesn't have primary focus on them. In my experience, I think the only way to tone up in that area is to begin by diet. I stay away from pasta, rice, and white breads. I really don't eat that much bread anymore. My boyfriend told me that my stomach is absolutely flatter. I have really had a hard time with my stomach because I had a C-section one year ago. I have seen a huge change in my waistline, but I credit it more to diet and brisk walking almost every day for an hour.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:27 AM   #19  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Mamaspank - I LOATHE the side lunges with the arm raises. It is my least favorite part of level 1. I almost can't wait to complete my 10 days of level 1 so I don't have to do the side lunges anymore.

I've done level 1 6 times now, and it feels a little easier. I don't really have trouble with the cardio and abs, but the strength parts still aren't easy, but they are getting easier. One thing I've noticed is that my elbows and knees aren't feeling so great from the dips, lunges, and getting up and down, but I'm not letting it stop me.

Let's keep it going ladies!
Old 06-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #20  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I guess I cheated. 1 and 2 were On Demand last month, so I went to do them two days ago and they only have level 3 on there now. So, I did it. It got my heart rate up pretty good and I did sweat, but my right knee was killing me yesterday. It has alot of plyo-jumps in it and I just can't do that anymore.
I like Jillian and I liked the workout, but just too much for my knees. Maybe I'll try it on my rebounder ????????

Best wishes
Old 06-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 146.5/144/125

Height: 5'3"

Is Cardio Kickbox a Biggest Loser workout?

I don't mind the side lunges so much, the squats and lifts aren't real fun for me. I've only done two days worth and even though I can barely walk today I'm looking forward to tonight's workout. I love that it feels like such a great workout and that before I know it - it's done!!!

ddc- you started with #3?! OMG! I can't imagine how hard that is - If #1 is any indication of what's to come.....yikes. Nurse that knee and try level 1 if they have it.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #22  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Yes, Cardio Kickbox is a "Biggest Winner" workout. It's great.

I HATE the side lunges so much. I feel like I don't do them right, it's such an awkward move. And those arm raises KILL me. I can't even do all of them. I have to stop that part and catch my breath.

I taped both 1 and 2 from On Demand just before they disappeared. I plan to tape the 3rd one this week too.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #23  

Thanks!

I was using weights with the side lunges and wasn't able to hold form. Once I put those down, it was much better. I figure for now, form is probably better than weight. I don't want to hurt myself! They're a bear, for sure!
Old 06-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #24  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

The side lunges KILL me. I don't know why, but I can't seem to get the correct movement. It just always feels awkward for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspank View Post
anybody else hate the side lunges? I loathe them. I get to that part, and I seriously want to turn it off.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #25  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

And for some reason, the "jump rope" cardio move also kicks my a$$, though I can do the "butt kicks" without a problem (and I literally kick my own butt when I do them).
Old 06-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #26  
One Pound at a Time

KLK, me too. I find the butt kicks to be the easiest move too, but the jump rope makes my legs and feet ache so bad I feel like I can't get through it.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #27  

Hi everyone,

I was doing Turbo jam for 4 weeks but switch to the 30 day shred Monday. Today was my third time, I'm still sored and having a hard time with the push ups. Yeah also those side lunges are the first thing I think about before even putting the DVD in, urgh!!!

A lot of people mention the calories they lost while doing the exercises and apparently it's not a lot. Well I hope to get good results.

Good luck everybody

What ticks me off is when she stops doing the move and go over her girls to show the moves and all, not fair, she's not doing them as we are and she's like come on push!! grrrrr hahahah!
I guess it just makes me mad cause its hard, which is good.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:13 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Took a day off today, Came home to late.. Will do day five tomorrow.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #29  

Did my 3rd round last night. I'm not as sore today and my endurance seemed better yesterday. I like that!

My least favorite is the jumping jacks....always hated them, still hate them and will continue to hate them. BUT, I will do them.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #30  
One Pound at a Time

Npmg, I LOATHE push-ups and have never been able to do them as long as I can remember. When I started the Shred I thought to myself, maybe I'll just skip this part. But I tried it and kept at it. I went from being able to do a couple of semi-push ups to being able to do 20 FULL push-ups in 2 weeks. It's amazing how fast I was able to build the muscles to do it. I find it almost easy to do now, and a couple of weeks ago I couldn't even fathom being able to do more than a couple.
Closed Thread