Old 06-09-2008, 12:02 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Arrow W.O.W July 4th Smackdown to Fat Freedom ~ Week 2!

How's everyone doing?

It's been a bad week for me, that's why I haven't been around. Hoping it will get better soon, but doubt it will (my pessimistic side screams it!)
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

JL, it will get better, my optomistic side demands it! Hang in there.

I had a good OP week, a little of yesterday for my B'day, but other than that, right OP.

W 4l
E walk at lunch and a TJ dvd tonight, too hot here for much else. Supposed to be 96 today.
E OP
D Just ordered insulated drapes for my whole upstairs last night, 4 rooms. Tonight, when I get home, I want to wash all the windows so they are ready to hang the new curtains, will help our pocketbook alot by keeping the cool in now and the warm in for the winter! I also am going to stay focused at work. With the car pooling, I am getting out of there earlier, need to stay focused in order to be caught up. I work with nothing but deadlines, so need to pay attention to what is on my desk and the piles get overwhelming some days.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #3  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning Girls!

MMavis - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Jlea - I understand the frustration of bad week and just for some good coffee reading and a moment to flush my mind here's a recap of my weekend
  • Considered going to Disneyland with kids and axed the idea because it would be too expensive (5 of us would have been about $450 just to walk thru the gates.)
  • Instead decided to by new BBQ - $300 plus spent another $150 on plants and crap. Friend brought his truck to transport BBQ and it promptly fell out of his truck 1 block from Home Depot. Destroyed. Home Depot was kind enough to let us return it and buy another.
  • Got home with new BBQ, and DS immediately informed us that while we were gone the washer died. 4 stores and $1100 later, I have a new washer - MMAVIS - got a front load as I am on the energy saving kick myself. Already have the drapes!
  • Bought $60 blow up pool for kids. Got home, filled it up, full of holes.
  • Wanted cold soda, none in fridge, put 2 in freezer... forgot about them. Thought someone got shot when they blew up in the freezer last night.
  • Shoulda gone to Disneyland... would have been much cheaper than this weekend!
  • Overslept this morning and missed my super kickoff to week 2....
BUT, I AM WITH MMAVIS AND SECONDING THE OPTIMISTIC SIDE THAT THIS WEEK WILL ROCK!

WEED for me -
W - 64oz
E - TONIGHT Crunchesless Abs DVD and 40 minutes on treadmill
E - Portion awareness and cooking tonight to get back on structured food plan
D - Taking my day 15 minutes at a time. No more, no less. I will get there!

Have a great day ladies.... Week two you know!

Last edited by Nixmom; 06-09-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I don't really know how i did this weekend. I stayed OFF of the scales this weekend. I need to try to eat better and maybe be surprized on this friday. I'm sure i didn't lose any last week. Eating was not as good as i would have like to have. Today...not much better. Started out okay but then had half of a sticky bun at work. Not that it will kill me but i know i am having spagettie for lunch. Not going to stress though. Just going to eat a light dinner and try to get my water in today. Not sure about the gym. Need to work over because i sure didn't do that this weekend. I'm such a slacker on the weekends. I hate coming to work when i could be hanging with the honey instead. Gotta try to start getting up in the morning for some am runs. Maybe that will help.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Nixmom...we posted at the same time. lol. What a terrible weekend you were having. I would have broke down in tears with all that going on. I think the bbq and pool is a great idea. Get many more days use out of those two as opposed to one day at disney. Although, i want to take my kids to disney sooooo bad. one day!! I'm glad you came out of it okay though. Good job staying optomistic!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Back to Monday weigh-ins. Last week was terrible after the girls weekend. Stepped on this AM, and was down 2 pounds from ticker, after 4 pound gain last week (mostly salt and TOM, I think), so actually down 6 pounds from last Monday. Walking is great - I'm keeping up with 4 miles most days, up to a total of 30 toward my 100 miles goal for June.

Great weekend, took 2 buses of students to see Wicked in Rochester. Great show, if you get a chance to see it. Saw it in NYC a couple of years ago, and was pleasantly surprised that the tour isn't as pared down as most.

Shari - Sorry you're having bad times. Good news is that is can't be much worse than Nixmom!

Mmavis - A little late, but it still counts! Everyone deserves a treat on their birthday!

Nixmom - Holy cow - You know how to have a dramatic weekend! Things simply have to settle down now.

Lumi - You have such a calm, steady way of dealing with things. You don't seem to let anything bother you too much, just jump back on the wagon. I wanna be like you when I grow up.

W - going for 4 bottles
E - 2 mile walk done, 2 more tonight
E - strictly on plan
D - Looking 100 pounds straight in the eye!!!!
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #7  
nothing can stop me.

S/C/G: 260/249/160

Height: 6.00

JasonsLea love your quoto.
smyrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #8  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Hiya ladies.

JasonsLea - It'll be a better week this week, I agree with the others. Expect good things

mothermavis - Happy birthday!

Nix - Your story about not going to Disneyland and then all that stuff...cracks me up. But a BBQ and pool probably will serve you better in the long run, as lumi said. Hang in there

lumi - I slack on the weekends too. But y'know, I guess I don't really have a problem with that. I enjoy slacking off. I mean, I gave up sugar and coffee and junk food and being a couch potato...let a woman have her last little vice!

musictchr - Congrats on the loss!

Me -

Got on my old trusty bicycle again yesterday. (First time in a year or maybe two I've been on it at all, and I haven't ridden regularly in 15 years.) She was covered in cobwebs and really needs more air in her tires, but I went out for a spin anyways. I did a whole 1.5 miles and what a workout--took me 15 minutes just to do that and not die. And I wanted to make sure my legs and knees would be OK with that amount. Today I've got a bit of soreness but it really feels mostly OK, so, woot! I may go again this evening (have to try getting up to 20 minutes, @ self!), but again, depends on how my knees are feelings.

Things are otherwise good, though I'm currently at (boring) work.

W - 80 oz
E - Core work / stretching / maybe some bike time
E - South Beach / Superfoods
D - I'm feeling so healthy and full of life lately. I just want to keep this goin' on.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #9  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Wow it looks like pretty much the whole gang has been here already this morning. Yesterday I didn't do squat so I got up early today and headed outside to battle the weeds. With all the storms we have been having, everything is about a foot tall. I need to stay motivated if I am going to make my goal by Sat.

War- I should get out my bike too. Good for you.

Music- you are doing great on getting those miles in. Keep it up. I am jeolous of you going to see "Wicked". I want to see it badly. We did see "Avenue Q" this spring. That was great.

Lumi- Hang in there and keep working at it. You have done so well that anything more is icing on the cake.

Nix- All I can say is Oh My Goodness. Talk about wanting to stick your head in a hole and not coming out. That's where I would be. Just goes to show how very strong you are.

MM- We are so close. My BD is Sat. Hope you had fun.

Shari- Grab those boot straps and pull yourself up. I know you can do it.

Well just came in for a water and potty break. Better get back outside. I hear the weeds growing.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Hey! Looks like the weekend was . . . interesting . . . for many of y'all. Nixmom, there are no words for a weekend like that! In the South we would just say, "Bless your little heart."

Just a quick chek-in before my Tuesday starts. It's only 6:20 in the morning and it looks like it's going to be super busy.

Today's WEED -
W - DRINK IT! 3L
E - Both lunch and dinner will be out, but I can watch my portions and eat fewer carbs.
E - Do a video later today - some strength training would be good, too.
D - Think about everything I eat before I put it in my mouth.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #11  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Nixmom, I LOVE Disneyland. In fact I'll be back there Aug 22-24, just DH and I for our aniversary. I would have gone there over anything.

This really has to be quick since i should be doing the dishes but don't want to. My food intake is getting pretty bad. I have been eating breakfast before work and so I am hungry throughout the day I just eat. I don't take much with me just so you know, but I eat EVERYTHING I can get my hands on. Its mostly protein bars, protein shakes, yogurt, and stuff but Man I cant eat like this since I wont have a real workout in 2 weeks. I thought about going for a quick run today but I don't think my knees would take it. 4 days left of this craziness. Then I have 3 glorious days off. then I work one, then I have 2 more wonderful days off (real ones lessons end next week for 2 entire weeks!!!!!!)
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

JL- Hang in there.

MM- Happy Belated! I need new drapes too but I seem to always find a way to avoid shopping for them.

Nix- Oh my...what else can I say other than I would have had 10 meltdowns by now.

MusicT- WTG on the walking and the loss!

Lumi- I always relax on weekends. I figure if I eat mostly healthy 5 days out of 7 I'm doin' okay.

War- I enjoyed your "D". Isn't it a great feeling? Still thinkin' about the bike I haven't owned in years.

MTig- How'd the weeding go?

JenM- Happy Tuesday!!

Today I met all my WEED and I feel great. There's nothin' like feeling healthy. Gotta keep'er goin!

W- keep it up
E- Mindful
E- Walk or Pilates
D- Healthy
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:57 AM   #13  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Thanks for all the good vibes, yall.

Nix ~ As crazy as your weekend was, I would take it over mine simply because you had the money to do it and came out with a new BBQ and washer.

My friend Louie gave me a little hope today so for the first time in several days, I'm feeling okay. Realized that I've eaten rather well this week, since I was so stressed I had to force myself to eat so no bingeing and no emotional eating because I have next to nothing in the kitchen.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:58 AM   #14  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Thank the Lord for coffee!

Morning girls! Didn't do so well WEEDing yesterday, but am up early this morning and as much as I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to crawl back into bed, I know I have to get some exercise in. I'm dreading it.

Jlea - I know the lean times all too well girlie. Spent many years as a single mom battling a mortgage, car payment, and trying to keep my extra tall extra hungry son fed. We ate a lot of spaghetti (goes for days) a lot of top ramen and a truck load of green beans. Even made a Christmas tree out of an old tri pod for a camera some one threw out by stringing and old set of lights around it. Things will get better, I promise. And believe me, I didn't have the money, but the plastic was on fire this weekend. I have effectively spent my future earnings by charging all the stuff this weekend. It actually makes me a little sick. Hang in there, and get creative, you'd be surprised how ingenious us women can be!

Grazer - Good girl on being spot on with the WEED. Here's to a repeat performance today!

Jcat - I love D-land too. My son's prom was there a year ago and that's the last time we went. I am aching to go back. We only live an hour and a half away but still only seem to get there once every couple years.

Mtiger - WEEDing and WEEDing! Nice double whammy! I plan on working outside tonight when I get home too!

JenMusic - I'm gonna follow your lead and watch what and how much I eat this morning. Going to breakfast for a coworkers birthday.

WarMaiden - I soooo want to go bike riding. Scared to death that I don't have the coordination for it anymore! We have a great trail around a very nearby lake that I have been wanting to ride. Maybe I'll try to convince BF to blow the cobwebs off our bikes too!

Music - Putting Wicked on my list of things I wanna do. Saw an ad on TV and will have to check in to when it might be nearby. Maybe put it on my reward list!

Lumi - Ahh... glorious slacker weekends.... and fully understand the want to ditch all things productive to just hang out with the one I love as well. Sounds like we are headed to Havasu this weekend. Potential for slacking and hanging is very high!

So I didn't drink a sip of water yesterday. Ate like it was going out of style (TOM you know). No exercise and fairly unproductive at work. Today our City Council is supposed to approve the new budget which includes our 9/80 work schedule! Fingers crossed... I have already planned out my first few fridays off.

Watched Semi-Pro last night. Stupid movie - BUT I flashed to Aud and Nchelle for some reason when Will Ferrell was singing "Get da funk out my face" as he drove down the street in the movie. You WEEDies are ingrained in my head! Where are Aud and Nchelle anyway?

Okay... long post (sorry) but I can only seem to get in time occasionally and love to catch up with you all. Here's the hit for the day...

W-64 oz - One at a time Kris, come on
E- Abs DVD and 1/2 hr fit tv 5:46am update DONE!
E- Just try to keep it under 1600
D- Every other friday off, every other friday off!

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by Nixmom; 06-10-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #15  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies!
i did some moving over the weekend. took yesterday off to do more moving, tonight i have a graduation to go to, and then probably move more stuff...easier when it's cooler outside. I'll eventually get on the scale again when I've got everything moved over.

School really bites right now, this class i'll be lucky if i manage a B.

Just wanted to touch base with you all.....talk to you later
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote