100 lb. Club - JUNE NSV's

View Full Version : JUNE NSV's

LindseyLouWho
06-07-2008, 02:52 PM
I didn't see a June NSV thread post-server crash of '08, so I thought I'd start one! I'm using Sandi's usual intro:

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

LindseyLouWho
06-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Okay, my NSV for the day is that I went to the gym! On a Saturday! And I used free weights for the first time today instead of defaulting to the weight machines, even though my former vice principal from high school and former principal from middle school were working out there (doubt he remembers or recognizes me anyway!).

Lyn2007
06-07-2008, 03:46 PM
When I was at the farmer's market this morning I saw my hairdresser that I had for years! She is my age with kids but her shop closed and I didnt know what happened to her. Anyway she saw me and said WOW you have lost weight huh? You look great! That felt really good especially since she never saw me at my high weight. She always saw me at 240-250 pounds.

xGurlyGrlx
06-08-2008, 02:04 AM
My NSV for today is when I went dress shopping. I found the most fantastic, fabulous, perfect dress. I am excited...can you tell?!?!
Anyway... it is a 1x!! Not a 3x!! The funny thing is I grabbed a 2x (because they didn't have a 3x) and also a 1x just to see. Well I tried on the 2x first and my friend was like...umm...NO that doesn't fit! Too big! I was SO excited.

Beverlyjoy
06-08-2008, 05:26 AM
I went to a 60th birthday party last night and made all healthy choices! I had the very tiniest sliver of cake and one tiny taste of homemade ice cream and stayed on my plan.

lala229
06-08-2008, 11:10 AM
I went back to my gym for the first time since March 2007. AND, I signed up for a personal trainer. I should hear back from them this week. I'm nervous, but excited!!!

TJFitnessDiva
06-08-2008, 12:05 PM
My first NSV of the month was yesterday lol I actually exercised while my husband was home. I know it's silly but I was kind of embarrassed to do it. He's this fit, healthy guy.....he's nothing but supportive so I don't know why I felt that way.

He tried doing the elliptical after me and he got his butt kicked on the program I do! lol Made me feel good :)

enchantedonyx
06-08-2008, 06:49 PM
I used to have a collection of tshirts that I only wore to bed or around the house because they were too small to wear in public. I realized today that all of them have been moved to the "weekend wear" drawer now because they all fit!

thistoo
06-09-2008, 07:26 PM
This is sort of gross if you are a visual thinker (like me), but here goes:

Someone made fudge and brought it into our office, and tonight after my dinner I relented and cut a small piece. I took a bite and thought to myself, "this is not worth it". Then I spit it out and threw it away. Me, throwing out chocolate! That's unheard of. ;)

Lyn2007
06-09-2008, 09:51 PM
I took a bite and thought to myself, "this is not worth it". Then I spit it out and threw it away.

Wow I thought I was the only one who does this. I have recently been doing this more. If I am in the kitchen and take a mindless bite of something, I catch myself and spit it in the trash. And if I take a bite and something is not that good I do the same thing. Of course, I only do it when I am alone!! :)

thistoo
06-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Of course, I only do it when I am alone!! :)

I know, I wasn't alone at the time and I had to be careful no one saw me spit into a paper towel. Mostly because I would have gotten yelled at for wasting perfectly good fudge. ;)

Totally not worth the calories, though. It wasn't even good, I don't know what they were all raving about. Now the fudge *I* make...that's worth the calories!

Schmoodle
06-10-2008, 08:25 AM
The fudge NSV is great! I've done that too, taken a bite of something I shouldn't and while chewing my brain is screaming at me to stop, so I spit! Only at home, alone though of course. And when DS does this, he gets yelled at!

I've had a couple little NSVs this week, but it's the little things that keep us going right?
The pool opened and I notice such a difference from last year. I can walk around in my bathing suit without feeling like a total freak show. Last year, I used to take off my cover up and make a mad dash for the water! Also DH kept commenting last night how "frisky" I was. I realized I was jumping around and playing with the kids much more than years past. I kept eying the water slide and I think I may go down that thing one day soon...
And I pulled out a pair of last year's shorts to wear. I don't know why I thought I'd be able to wear them this year, but they were my faves and they had gotten soooo tight. Anyway, way too big, falling down, into the goodwill pile!
Finally, I had quit wearing my hair up because I thought it made me look like a pinhead - you know, tiny head, huge body. Yesterday was too hot, so I put it up and caught a glance of myself in the mirror, and ya know what? I looked fairly normal! Hooray, ponytail for me today!

Merksie
06-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Congratulations on the fudge NSV - I've done that too. Seeing the consequences of eating certain things/amounts in time to make a decision whether or not it is worth it is surely an important step on this journey . . .

thistoo
06-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Finally, I had quit wearing my hair up because I thought it made me look like a pinhead - you know, tiny head, huge body. Yesterday was too hot, so I put it up and caught a glance of myself in the mirror, and ya know what? I looked fairly normal! Hooray, ponytail for me today!

LOL! I have been walking around all these years with a tiny head, I'm sure. ;)

Those are all fantastic NSVs; nothing small about them!

WebRover
06-14-2008, 05:15 AM
Even though I'm losing weight very slowly, I'm not giving up. I know I need to eat well to stay healthy. I'm staying on plan.

LisaF
06-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I threw away half a loaf of bakery bread yesterday. Throwing away perfectly good food is really difficult for me, because it's such a waste. But I realized that I was eating far more than a single serving, and was eating much more bread a day than I normally do. It just had to go.

Next time I want bakery-fresh bread, I'm getting a roll instead of a loaf.

Lisa

Schmoodle
06-14-2008, 01:27 PM
I found a leftover box of Lemon Chalet Cremes Girl Scout Cookies in the cabinet. These are my favorites and I made myself crumble them up and put them in the trash. It killed me and I admit I did suck the creme off of one before I was done, but they are gone now and that's such a relief!

TJFitnessDiva
06-15-2008, 12:00 PM
I spent the whole day traveling for parties yesterday and instead of stopping at McDonald's etc, I packed a small cooler with a healthy easy lunch to eat while driving and some easy snacks :) Plus a few frozen water bottles (it got up to 92 degrees here) I was so afraid that I would go off my plan yesterday but I'm happy to say that I stuck to it!!!

KateRN
06-17-2008, 03:13 PM
not only did i get my "skinny" jeans up over my butt but i actually got them buttoned! still obviously too tight to wear out but they certainly buttoned and i didnt even have to lay down on the bed to make it happen!!

crazycurls
06-19-2008, 03:00 PM
My pants have been getting looser and looser so I tried on a pair that were too tight three weeks ago and THEY FIT WONDERFULLY! I was thrilled!!!

Lyn2007
06-19-2008, 03:08 PM
I went out last week and bought 3 pairs of jeans and denim capris to "shrink into." I am wearing 20s now. I bought 18s. And guess what, one of them fits me perfectly! Not even tight. The other two I am gonna have to work a bit to get into, but wow, I can wear ONE pair of size 18 denim capris! Oh and I bought a new swimsuit in a size 18 thinking it would fit by August, and it fits NOW.

Darkblue
06-19-2008, 04:13 PM
I can wear the capris now that I haven't been able to wear for two years!

JustSharing83
06-20-2008, 05:01 AM
This is kinda silly, but I am having my period, lol. They are probably annoying to most women, but not much depresses me more than the fact my weight causes me to not menstruate. It's the first time in about a year. I even embrace the discomfort, which is really bad this time.

gr8smyl99
06-20-2008, 07:46 AM
You go Lyn - celebrate that success - and feel gooooood!!!!

As for me - I put on a shirt today that I have not worn, ever! It was given to me by the company I work for - and its never fit - so its been sitting in my closet! And today I'm wearing it :)

The other good thing - is that its still a bit tight - which is good to remind me that I still have work to be done!!

2fat2jump
06-20-2008, 08:34 AM
About a year ago I bought two pairs of jeans, both the same size. When I got home and tried them on. I was sad to find out that only one pair fit. I couldn't even button them! Turned out they were a "low rise" cut I had unintentionally grabbed. Until this past week they've been sitting in the back of my closet. They finally fit! And not only do they fit, but they're actually a tiny bit loose now.

2fat2jump
06-20-2008, 08:39 AM
This is kinda silly, but I am having my period, lol. They are probably annoying to most women, but not much depresses me more than the fact my weight causes me to not menstruate. It's the first time in about a year. I even embrace the discomfort, which is really bad this time.

I completely understand this! I'll be excited when my period starts to regulate itself. I didn't get my period for a long time too. Then when I did get it I had it for a long time. I'm slowly getting closer to having normal 28-day cycles. Enjoy your period!

Hope1974
06-20-2008, 02:18 PM
I finally got up the courage to take "before" photos. It took losing 60 lbs first, but I did it!

Pandora123a
06-20-2008, 04:18 PM
I was at a meeting and went into the kitchen to the snack buffet. There were two pieces of Hershey's chocolate left in the bowl. I wanted one...only one I thought, that isn't so bad.

THEN I DIDN'T TAKE IT!!! I decided that I was just as happy without it, and actually, in the long run happier since I felt so proud.

H8cake
06-24-2008, 02:46 PM
My waist is back! I had to buy some smaller skirts and blouses. I went to JC Penney and they had a bunch of cute tops that actually have a waist instead of the style that makes me look pregnant and they fit!!! I haven't seen my waist in quite a few years and it's back.

Pandora123a
06-25-2008, 07:07 AM
At our block party my neighbor (who I haven't seen in a year) asked me if I was losing weight...and then suggested we walk together.

I walked with her.

The next day I walked by myself even though I didn't want to do it. (We are walking together again today if it doesn't rain.)

Two consecutive days of exercise! A first for this year!

djay
06-25-2008, 07:37 AM
My neighbor asked me last night if I had lost weight. First person to notice!!!!!

Lyn2007
06-30-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't have a NSV, but I had to search 3 pages to find this thread!! Surely someone has a good NSV to post! :)