Support Groups - That 70's Show - Getting Groovy in June!

SunshineRunner
06-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Okay...lame title for the thread - I know...but since nobody else is around to restat the June thread after the great loss we had this week...I had to be lame and come up with a lame title!

How's everyone doing? I'm sunburned! Went to the pool for 2 hours yesterday..but just have a sunburned forehead and nose really.

Eating is on track as well as exercise. I'm a little annoyed with my gym because they cut their hours for the summer...which they didn't do last year...signs of the economy I imagine....but it's annoying. They also reduced the classes available for the summer....another annoyance...especially since I just got into the groove of pilates and yoga. Good news on the gym front though is that I am really craving running....like...I get home after work and am ready to go for a good run. I enjoy it these days...probably will complain about it next week though!

Well...I'm off to work work work!
~Amanda

2Bthinagain
06-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey where did our old June thread go?
Where is everybody????
Sorry about your sunburn, living in Florida I'd think you know better :)
I'm sorry your gym changed their hours, do they lower their prices in the summer?
I'm so glad to hear you crave running, you are the 3rd person I've heard say that in the last few weeks.
Keep up the good work!

SunshineRunner
06-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Our old June thread got wiped with the crash that happened last week...boo hoo!

I'm here - but crazy busy this week. It's making me tired....but more amped to spend time in the gym :)

You'd think I'd know better about sunburn,but I just don't....I'm a pale/freckled girl who grew up close to the beach (and still lives there!) and I just suck at not working on getting some sort of color!

Gym - no lower prices in the summer - I actually found out that another member tried to beat up one of the trainers since the hours changed - crazy gym wackos???!!!!??

How are things going? Getting your goals aligned and sticking to them???

How long til Disney?

2Bthinagain
06-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Disney is about 3 mos out. I'm doing better with some goals ...the soda thing is kicking my ***. I need caffine, I'm dying w/o it. Hopefully in 3 months time I'll be over that.
Still feel fat and huge and gross and disgusting. I want to consider surgery, of any kind. And then I want to slap myself in the face for thinking that way.
I am out of town visiting family at the moment and I'm exhausted from taking care of the kids nonstop and not sleeping in my own bed. I think a decent night sleep might pick me up!
I'm also in search of a girdle of some kind. Have you seen those commercials where they show the before and after ? They make it look good. But I wonder how dang tight they are and how hard to pull up when you need to go pee!!!
Sorry about your sunburn...know all about the fair skin and freckles!
Keep up your good work.
Meanwhile -- we are missing SO many 70s show people -- come out come out where ever you are!

SunshineRunner
06-14-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm ready to kill all other real estate agents. I swear - they are highly incompetent - I am so happy to be taking a full time teaching position in the fall and only doing real estate part time - I don't think people understand that the reason many of their homes are not selling is because of their DIP Sh** realtors!! Argh! Sorry, I'm angry and frustrated with them.

BTW - still holding at 162lbs...feels good, will be great to see the 150's by the end of the month.
Grrr!

SunshineRunner
06-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Excuse my last post - rough weekend of working hard and dealing with not the brightest folks on Earth! :)

Today was a busy day - running errands all morning so I stopped at Subway and had a sub - got the footlong since it was only $5 and ate the whole thing! Yikes! It was soooo filling though - will be light food for the rest of the day and just snacking - no more meals cause that was a big one!

Still on track at 162lbs - can't wait to see myself in the 150's and really really really hope that is before the end of this month....it'll be tough since these last few pounds definitely take the longest - but I honestly think that is because I'm celebrating more and eating out more than I did when I was at the beginning of my weight loss.

I wish some more folks would join us - I feel like we were really going for a good time there - and now I feel very quiet here. So - anyone looking to lose 70'ish pounds - or 60 or 50 - we'll take you - just come up and chat it up!!! :)

2Bthinagain
06-17-2008, 05:49 PM
I did not remember that you worked in a real estate office. That's interesting! We've moved a lot and have had a lot of new houses, I always thought once our kids are in school full time that I should get a realtor license. I think I would be good at it. Right now we are thinking of buying some foreclosure property but the first house we really wanted the other realtor refused to submit our bid. That's a conversation for a whole other thread I think!
Anyway, I'm glad you are holding at 162, and I'm sure you'll be doing the happy dance in the 150's.
I am still inspired...remember the friend I told you about who lost 75 pounds? Today she sent me pictures, and I just can't believe it. I never met someone in real life who had such an amazing story. It's just a struggle for me. I have zero will power. I don't know how people do it.
Meanwhile Disney will be here in the blink of an eye.
Keep up the good work !
P.S. - what can we do to recruit some people? You are right, for a while we had a lot of folks checking in, I am thinking they left because they aren't losing much yet -- but heck I'm in that same boat too!
Have a good day!;)

SunshineRunner
06-18-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure what we can do to recruit people - definitely need to come up with something though - if only we were as cool as EZMoney - then we'd have people drooling all around us :)

The thing about people disappearing is they are very likely to not be losing weight while away - it's always best to show up here - as much as you can - because you might not be losing ...but at least you aren't gaining! :) I know it's a struggle for you, but you will find your way, I truly believe that it takes time to find your strength to truly begin this journey...and until you are ready..it just won't happen. The good news is that that is okay. Hopefully your friends photos will truly inspire you to get kick started - but if that is not what inspires you, it's okay - something will. I truly don't know what clicked on in my head and got me moving - all I do know is that I was sick and tired of hiding from people that I know, not hanging out with friends, not going to public events in my small town cause I would see people - or they would see me...and my fat arse. I was not a pretty sight....but after spending 5 years of being overweight, I just plain had enough that day in September - headed to Walmart at about midnight, and started with my SlimFast - ONE STEP AT A TIME! It has taken me much learning and time to find the best things that work for me. It's not that my willpower doesn't break at times - or that I don't want to eat junk all day every day...I do...believe me...McDonald's was truly calling out to me today....but I just told myself - you put in all this hard work and plan on working out just so you can eat a meal that will make you sick to your stomach after you are done with it??? Not a good choice - I actually fight with my brain every day to keep on driving past fast food places - it is a true and serious struggle for me - but every time that I do - I feel so much better for it. Now...not that I think that fast food is the worst thing in the world - I do have it on occassion - but maybe once a month...even then...I no longer get a large french fries and large coke - i get a medium and a diet coke. Every calorie counts - but I'm not going to go without junky food for the rest of my life. Yes, I want to be healthy...but I will live my life too!

In any case - here are some photos....I'm not done yet and this isn't my official collage - but maybe this will help you out too!

This first one (March 2004)- probably not at my highest, but over 200lbs....in a friends wedding, fattest of the bunch by far - had to pay extra for a larger dress than anyone else...embarrassing.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/gatoramanda/weightloss%20journey/2004marthawedding.jpg

June 2006 - visiting my sister in DC - ugh. I'm not sure where one bit of fat ends and the other begins...Definitely in the 220's here.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/gatoramanda/weightloss%20journey/June2006_2.jpg

This is the before me - before the fat, before the boyfriend...before I was unhealthy - and the me that I know and missed...2001
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/gatoramanda/weightloss%20journey/scan.jpg

December 25, 2007 - I'm finally starting to see the losses - 189lbs.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/gatoramanda/weightloss%20journey/december2007.jpg

February 10, 2008 - 177lbs
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/gatoramanda/weightloss%20journey/100_0166.jpg

April 25, 2008 - 167lbs - yep, new bikini - I don't care if I still have the fat, I think I look pretty good. :)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/gatoramanda/weightloss%20journey/100_0367.jpg

No new photos, plus, I'm only down to 162lbs - so not much of a difference....I hope this helps - Gosh...that's a ton of photos I just posted!!!
~Amanda

2Bthinagain
06-19-2008, 08:16 AM
I love your photos ! Thanks for posting!! You ROCK girl !!! :carrot:
Pictures are really motivational that's for sure.
My head is just spinning - I feel all the same things you feel - tired of hiding from friends, tired of the fat -- I hate when I'm invited to something and I'm always the biggest one there. I hate it. And my husband is HANDSOME, I know people think "Dang what's he doing with her?". for some reason I make the excuses -- right now, my house is not nearly as organized as I'd like it to be, yet anyone that comes here would tell you our house is immaculate. I'm one of those anal people that the inside of cabinets and closests must be in Martha Stewart order. I am way behind on a few projects - mostly the photographs and stuff.
I am starting to think I need a schedule...like on certain days I will work on my own projects -- but every day at this time I feed the kids breakfast - at this time I work out -- at this time we go to the park -- at this time it's lunch -- at that time I go for a walk --- , rather than dragging around for 4 hours in the morning before I really wake up.
I know once I can break 210 or 200, then I will feel that "push", like 'yes I can do this".
You are right -- I may not be losing, but least I'm coming here and checking in and I do find support -- anyone out there reading our thread -- please come join us...we have all been there -- look at Amanda - she rocks -- she looks FAB and she is still posting and checking in.
have a great day Gator ! (and everyone else!):)

SunshineRunner
06-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the support with my photos - maybe I'll get the courage to post them on the main goal boards one day - where the world that is 3FC can see them....but definitely not until I reach goal....

The photos are encouraging - especially if you notice how sad I look in my fat photos - I'm just not that happy to have my photo taken like I am nowadays....

I hope you break 210 and 200 soon - I know you can do this cause you certainly hang around here and that was definitely one of the keys for me. There is probably just one simple thing that will need to be changed to get you moving along...you just haven't found it yet....but I'm certain you will!

As far as scheduling goes - I'm a big fan - I schedule everything that I can - I use a really good daily planner that is from the Sierra Club every year for the past 3 years - I love it - can't wait to order my next one (they come out in July) so that I can start filling in some important dates for 2009!!! I'm a freak - what can I say!

Well, I'm off to the gym, I'll be back tomorrow!
~Amanda :)

2Bthinagain
06-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Do you know, each time I come here now I have to find your PM to click on the link? I still have a hard time finding it on my own. Then again it's 8am and I'm still trying to wake up -- again - one of my problems.
I have 2 little boys -- and that interferes with my own schedule. Because I live for them -- I basically have no schedule. I take them to the dentist, or to a play-date - or put them in the pool out back (not a huge one mind you)...I help them with their baseball - take them to practice for baseball, take them to swim lessons - obviously cook 3 meals a day for them, and clean up after those meals. Help them get dressed - do their laundry. Keep an eye on them all day - no matter what I'm doing.
I am not using them as an excuse -- but with their needs and their schedules - it's hard for me to focus on myself, even though I understand that is "key". I think I need to get back to waking up BEFORE them. And get my work out in that way. Here it is 8:16 in the morning, I have not yet fed them breakfast. They were up around 6:45am, and I let them watch DISNEY channel until now. So I had better feed them breakfast then get all 3 of us dressed.
I will say one thing that I know will help - I am going to give up scrapbooking. Organizing our photos takes a lot of time, then I got into scrapbooking. I am so far behind on it -- I'm going to finish what I have printed - and then stop. It monopolizes too much of my time. I'm going to stick with the old fashion "photo album" from now on! Sounds silly - but I think when I am caught up on it -- it really will free up time for me!
Have a good day!

SunshineRunner
06-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Ok - I slacked in responding this weekend! Grrr! Been very busy with work...

Very exciting news though - I bought a pair of size 8 pants from The Gap that fit - they are a little tighter than I prefer - but in 3-5lbs will be the perfect fit for me! I had tried on a size 10 (I've been hanging on to size 12 for a bit now, but purchased a skirt at size 10 a few weeks ago) that just seemed like if I lost a pound of two more - would just be too big. So I ventured back out of the dressing room, picked out the size 8 - and amazingly they fit...like I didn't even have to suck in. I do have a little bit of muffin top, but like I said...a couple more pounds and that will definitely be gone...will be a perfect pair of pants for my new teaching gig for the fall.

2bthin - I agree with the giving up of scrapbooking - I really think it is cool - but if you just file the photos away until you have enough time (after you have lost the weight and are just maintaining) - you'll find you will have tons of time left for yourself - which is what you need right now. Focus on yourself - yes, family and young children do come first -but scrapbooking should not - your health and happiness should! Have you tried writing down a daily or weekly schedule? To-Do lists? I do all of these and sometimes I miss things and don't get things done - but it feels good to accomplish those things on the lists and it keeps me on track....I just think it makes life easier. If you find the right tools for you - it will be easy - I keep a simple date planner and a yellow notepad for when I want to write a list of to-do's. I know - sounds easier than it is - but is worthwhile in the long run if you can do it.

Okay - I'm off to my busy day - I promise to check in more often this week...

oh - to find our thread:
_from the main board go to - "Support Groups" click on the main header, then we float between pages 1-2....it's kinda sucky being in there - but they decided there was no difference between "Support Groups" and "Misc. Clubs"...

2Bthinagain
06-24-2008, 08:59 PM
A size 8??
:bravo:
Excuse my while I day dream!!! What is it with sizes these days? I remember when I was a size 8 thinking I was fat, and some things needed to be a 10, even though I was so tiny....(thinking I was fat)...I remember being in the limited once and not finding anything to fit just right, then I ended up getting an 8 petite! And I'm 5'6.
Now days when I'm in the Gap and I hold up an 8 or a 10 -- they look SOOO tiny. Do they truly make them smaller these days???
I have a new friend who works for the gap and said she'd extend her friends and family discount to me. Too bad I don't feel like going in to buy a 16 or 18:yikes:

Anyway - keep up the excellent work, and please please don't go away now that you are "one of THEM" ;)
Right now I'm doing "okay".
I am torn between the Slim Fast at times, doing WW at times and now "You on a Diet". I saw Dr. Oz on Discovery TV the other night - 4 shows back to back. Made me rethink where I'm at.
Then I was thinking of this board and how the rest of our gang just left us :(
But there you are, several miles away - never have met me -- yet you are pulling me through. I keep checking in here..because I'm accountable to YOU.
Thanks so much for being on the other end of this thread.
I may be stuck in a rut but I think I'm "yet again" on the right path. I'm wearing a pedomiter and working toward that "10,000" steps per day. Ha!
Right now I'm not getting over 3,500. Granted there are usually 2 hrs where it's not on me for some reason, but still, it is making me more aware of "keep moving" type stuff, and I'm proud to say my soda intake has decreased a LOT.
Have a great week !!!!
:)

2Bthinagain
06-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Bumpin' for ya Gator !

SunshineRunner
06-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the Congrats - I know what you mean about sizing and how you feel. I definitely remember being a size 6 or an 8 and feeling like I was fat back then. I honestly just think it was my younger body and my younger mentality. I seriously remember thinking what a fat cow I was when I was in college and wearing size 8-12....now I am just completly happy wearing an 8 (shoot, I was happy in the 12!)...but it was definitely an issue that I recall dealing with...I guess us women will just never be happy with ourselves ,huh?

I know a lot of people say sizes have changed -mostly what I hear is that today's size 8 jeans are yesterdays size 10 jeans - so most people think they are making them bigger aka vanity sizing - I know what you mean about them looking so tiny - I honestly am not sure how my big hips,arse, and thighs are fitting into a size 8 these days, bu they are- I have pants that are size 12's from over 6 years ago - and they fit just the same as the new size 12's that I had bought - unfortunately, they weren't in style (oh, but they were the same brand of jeans!)...so I'm not so sure I truly believe the whole vanity sizing thing. Maybe some companies are doing it - but I shop Express, Gap, American Eagle, Banana Republic, Target, Old Navy - and find that the clothes generally fit well across the board and in the same sizes....and since I had managed to keep clothes that were over 6 years old for comparison sake - well, I just don't believe it.

So...DBF and I have worked things out for the mean time - we are both trying and things are getting better...he however is complaining of being the fattest he has ever been - he is fluctuating between 185-190lbs and is 5'10"....he's mostly carrying it in his belly - so I've been helping him make smarter eating decisions....of course, he's probably one of the pickiest and unhealthiest eaters around....so....it's a tough road ahead - he just wants to get down to about 170lbs though...so not a lot of work - just have to keep him away from junk food.

Haha - I am still not one of "them"!!! I'm not sure when I will be either - these last few pounds are really difficult - mainly because I keep eating out with friends - when I previously wouldn't because I honestly didn't want to be seen out in public. I remember putting off a business lunch with someone I went to high school with and hadn't seen in 8 years because I was so nervous about how I looked - but I ended up caving and she saw me at my highest weight - but I still work with her and see her every month or so - so she has been able to watch my progress - which is kinda cool. Moral of that story is that the last few pounds are the hardest because it's easier to be a slacker with them - I'm not recording my food at the daily plate and if I want to go out to lunch a few times a week, I do - I just choose healthier options and eat healthier those days.....it's still annoying to know a bit of my willpower has been extinguished - but the exciting news is that I don't go to drive thrus for these lunches - it is always sit down and the worst it gets is subway or quiznos.

As far as your diet goes - I have no clue what Dr. Oz's diet is about - but I know about both WW and SF - and I personally think that all WW is - is a modified form of calorie counting along with tracking fat and fiber - so I feel like I understand WW people even though I don't do it - I count calories and use SF products - so basically I think you can do a combo of WW and SF and get along just fine.

Now - I'm going to get on your case - why were you watching 4 FOUR 4 shows back to back on tv??? I sure home they were only 30 minute shows!!! See - that is time that you could have been moving around, whether you are in or outside of the house - no need for all of this tv watching!!! I say that because I haven't had cable in my home for over a year now - and I find that not having it has given me a lot more time and a lot fewer excuses for getting my butt in gear. Now I realize this probably isn't an option in your home with the kiddies - but, I also think sure - watch 30 minutes or an hour in the evening - but why not carve out time once hubby gets home for you to go to the gym for an hour - or do a work out video or go for a long walk - when he can watch the kids and you can focus on you time? My "me time" starts at 7:30pm each night and ends by about 9:30pm - this is when I go to the gym and then a few nights a week go to the grocery store to take my time finding healthy options. I'm a major label reader (and I'm always on the hunt for something new...waiting for it to turn up on my stores shelves!) so I like to take my time with grocery shopping. Needless to say, I enjoy it - where many folks don't....but hey, I finally found those damn La Tortilla Factory High Fiber 100 calorie wraps - and they are darn good (and 14 grams of fiber- yum!) I've been looking for those suckers for months!!!!

Okay - I know I ended up rambling through this post, but hey - it's what I do!

Now - get off the couch - no more excessive tv watching - even if it is Dr. Oz...he wouldn't want you watching that much tv either! :)

Have you written down any lists, organized at all yet? Or are we still just talking about it??? :)

Catch ya soon - try and get in an additional 500 steps today!
~A
P.S. thanks for the bump!

SunshineRunner
06-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Where are you????

I chopped my hair off last night and love it. I also love that my face is finally thin enough that it can handle a sweet bob again!

Check it out! :)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/gatoramanda/crop.jpg

2Bthinagain
06-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Interesting about your old sizes....I have some old jeans too, but I know they will never be in style again.
I was shopping for my neice over Christmas - she is 13 and loves this store called Hollister? I think that is the name of it...anyway, my neice is TINY TINY TINY, and the XS and the S in the shirts looked too small for a barbie! The clerk admitted their sizes ran small -- I have no idea why a store would want to make you feel FAT...
I guess I don't care what sizes I am, so long as that darn number on the scale changes.

Nice about DBF are things still going well? My husband is the same with a diet, it's not much effort or work, and he's never been more than 10 pounds over weight the entire time I've known him! Yet he eats anything he wants most of the time. But when he does diet - he has will power like crazy.

Yes you ARE one of "THEM"! :)
Sorry the last few pounds are hard - but gosh you've come such a LONG way.
I know exactly what you mean about going out in public because of how we look. If I looked like you though -- I'd be struttin' around town in a bikini every where I went ;)
I'm still the fattest mom every place I go , and I don't know why people feel the need to share their "wisdom" with me, I almost find it offensive. "When you eat out, immediately take half your portion and put it in the doggie bag". "Never eat the last bite of anything", and "always chew very slowly".
Okay morons - I've tried all those things -- it's like they don't believe I'm trying.
Yet sadly - I still have a horrible mentality when I see over weight people - I don't see myself in them -- as far as health - I think "oh you must eat awful all the time". How DARE I think that way?
I was at a neighbors recently - she is 2 inches taller than I am -- I could have sworn she was heavier..when she told me her weight -- I found out I am actually 20 pounds heavier than her! :(
Anyway - I'm glad you have a friend who has seen your progress.

I doubt your will power has extinguished - I think you are just giving yourself a little more wiggle room - as well you should. Besides you work out like a crazy woman!!!

Speaking of diets - I briefly found you on the SF threads..I didn't have time to post. Dr Oz is interesting to talk too, he opens people up and shows you fat around the heart and how hard the liver works to keep up with the fat.
like I understand WW people even though I don't do it - I count calories and use SF products - so basically I think you can do a combo of WW and SF and get along just fine.

The reason I watched 4 (30 minute shows) back to back - is because they started around 11:30 - everyone was sleeping and I could not sleep.
We must have a TV in our house - I don't know what we'd do without one. First of all the kids use it to play the Wii and Xbox and Playstation, but also cartoons, and DH and I like DVDS and we like watching CNN about the election. And obviously late at night - I will watch it.

I have been walking. Yesterday of course I did not wear my pedometer, but I know I had to have taken over 10,000 steps...just cleaning our house..then I went on a 4 mile walk late last night. So there! :D

I need to become a label reader - teach me - teach me!
Where do I find the wraps you are talking about? We do our grocery shopping at Wal-mart.

It's 8am now - guess it's time to get on that scale and feed the kiddos some breakfast - I will most likely go to the park with them today....the one that has a track where I can walk in circles yet not take my eyes off them. Happy now? Hee hee.

I have worked a LITTLE on my grocery list. The other night for dinner I fixed pork tenderloin, corn on the cob, baked potato and breadsticks. I didn't eat the corn, only half the potato - no butter - and half of one breadstick, no butter. It was a meal for the whole family and everyone loved it.

I'm still working on how many "points" are in things for the WW stuff - guess it would be easier to stick with SF for breakfast and low cal for lunch and dinner huh? That is what it all boils down too right?

P.S. - saw the pic of your hair ! you look so cute!! I would like to get my cut too, but think I need to lose the doulbe chin. My hair doesn't look good no matter what though , I guess you could say it's long and stringy. When I get hot I pull it up in a knot. I did get a lot cut a few months ago but it's still past my shoulders.

Fat in Hong Kong
07-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Hello 2Bthinagain & Gatoramanda ~ I posted a couple of days ago on the thread about still being in the same place as when you started, and saw your invite to join 'That 70's Show'. I'm aiming to lose around 60lbs ... although 70wouldn't do me any harm! I joined 3FC many, many, years ago, and as you can see, I'm still in the same position that I was back in 2001 ... except heavier!! I've yo-yo'd up and down for as long as I can remember, getting down to a certain weight, and then just giving up!

I'm so sick and tired of looking and feeling the way that I do. My husband and teenaged kids have tried to encourage me in the past, and my mother (who for the first time ever is now slimmer than me!). My friends have also embarked on weight loss plans and tried to encourage me join them, but I never seemed to be in the right frame of mind.

I work in a school, and just before the long summer holidays last year, a couple of my friends at school, who were both larger than me, started to lose weight. One returned to the UK and the other to the US, for the summer break, and both continued with their weight loss throughout the summer. When the new school term commenced I was astounded at how much weight they had lost. Both have now lost about 60-70lbs each and they look fabulous. These are ladies who have never been able to lose weight before, and have never had any interest in exercise ... until now. One of them was much heavier than me to begin with, and still has quite a way to go to get to her goal, but she is still about 10-15lbs lighter than me. The other, who is my inspiration, has slimmed down from around a size US20, to around a size US8-10. The difference is amazing. She is so confident and happy compared to before when she was self conscious and miserable.

We all attended our end of school year social event last week ... something which I was dreading. I spent ages trying to find something in my closet that would fit me. I even went shopping to find something new ... but without success ... everything I tried looked awful! My friends, on the other hand, both looked stunning in their new outfits. One in particular who wore skinny white pants and a fitted black strappy top. I honestly felt like crying.

I feel really angry with myself for being so weak and never being able to acheive what I really want. I feel like I've wasted the past few years of my life, hating myself and the way that I look, always being miserable. I often reminisce about the way I used to be ... slim, confident, attractive, loving social occasions ... feeling SEXY (what is that?!)!!

I want that to be the last social occasion that I ever attend where I am the fattest person there!! It's not the real me, and I want to do something about it ... I want to find that person that I used to be ... who I know is inside me somewhere just waiting to burst out!!

I'm really serious about this and I need as much support and encouragement that I can get ... and I'm willing to offer likewise to anyone else who wants it as much as I do.

I look forward to getting to know you both!:)

2Bthinagain
07-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Fat in Hong Kong -- :welcome:
I'm so happy you jumped on board with us!
It does sound like we're in the same boat.
I know what you mean about the nice outfits and feeling good..that's where I want to go as well.
I also have a friend who just lost 70 pounds - but she lost it before I knew her. She showed me her pics and I couldn't believe it.
As I type this it is 8am, and I'm very very groggy - I need caffine- I can't "wake up" without it...and I get stuck -- but I'm going to find a way to exercise today -- not sure what or how ...but I'll take a small step and I'm also working on my journal.
Meanwhile I'm going to go over some recipes from 3FC - I keep seeing one on the main board for an apple and spinach salad that sounds good.
Anyway - welcome - please keep us posted on your progress! We will support each other !

Fat in Hong Kong
07-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi 2Bthinagain! Thanks for the welcome! I'm ready to get serious about this and I promise to stick around. I'm guessing there must be something like a 12 hour time difference between us, so if you wonder why I don't get back to you the same day it's because I'm sleeping! It's 9.30 pm here right now and I thought I'd check-in again before bedtime.

Just a suggestion ... I don't know what kind of plan you are embarking on, but with regards to you needing caffeine in the mornings to help you wake up ... do you eat a decent breakfast? I didn't eat breakfast for years and always felt tired and lethargic ... always claimed it made me feel sick in the mornings, but I don't think it was the breakfast that made me feel sick, it was just the thought of food early in the morning. I now force myself to eat something relatively healthy, such as oatmeal porridge with a chopped up banana and teaspoon of honey ... foods that are known to give us energy ... and surprisingly they helped;) It may not be your 'cup of tea' so to speak, but it's worth a try and there are plenty of other enery giving foods out there ... obviously a day or two won't make any difference, but give it a week or two to get into your system and you might notice a change. Just a suggestion anyway ... I hope you work it out.:)

I'm off to bed shortly, but I'll be back again tomorrow!:wave:

SunshineRunner
07-02-2008, 10:11 AM
2bthin - I am soooo sorry I didn't get to get here yesterday - I kept trying and my time kept getting taken away from me.....

1) Regarding soda - make the switch to either Diet Coke or Coke Zero (it even comes in Cherry Coke Zero)...you can still have the caffeine and none of the calories - I still have about 2/day. I very much enjoy soda...but you really do need to make the switch on this product. In a day or two's time you won't notice the difference in taste.

2) You do need to be more positive about your attitude...although I think you have already figured this out... YOU can do this. WE are just here to help you on your path....yes, your path to find how this will work for you. Not one single person on this message board does the same exact thing as someone else. We all formulate our own plans that work for us. That is the only reason they work for us. Because we tailor them to meet our needs.

3) Sit down with a sheet of paper and pen and write down your true goals. Also post them here and let's update on them once a week...or heck even daily. YOu need a list that you are accountable to. You admit you need accountability...so make it for yourself. I (and hopefully everyone else around here) will come back and check your progress - but you have to do it to. Check in with daily updates on your progress...what goals you have hit, what you have missed. For example, if your goal is to have 4 Diet sodas a day and you end up having 5 diet sodas and one real soda - you need to come here and post about it. Tell us (and yourself) how you feel about this. Also figure out how you can fix this. For me, to lose the weight, I had to be 100% accountable to my plan the entire time. Only now, that most of the weight is gone, can I splurge. Yes, it took me 5 months to lose the first 50lbs, and some days just sucked....but today it was all worth it. I generally am more happy every single day since losing the weight than I ever was in the years before. YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU & YOUR DH & YOUR KIDS DESERVE THIS!!!

3) Post your ticker and your height. I'm not sure why you don't do this. I've always wondered...but you know what - for me it has been part of the accountability. Yes, I still weigh myself every single day. This helps me monitor the ups and downs. I can almost tell you how much I will weigh each day and I also can tell when the scale is going to go down a pound. I require for a pound to be lost 2 days in a row before I post it to my ticker. I also never put my ticker up if my scale goes up for a day or two or three...the reason? Because I know working out, water weight, TOM, eating one high sodium meal - can all effect what the scale says for a couple of days. I just then eat cleaner for a couple of days and all that water weight (that is really all an increase in the scale every is for me) is gone in a day or so and the scale is back to reading how it should and I'm back on the losing track. Basically - you can get down because of the fluctuations - you just have to learn how they work!

4) Set up a profile at www.thedailyplate.com and track your actual food intake. Be honest about it. It's the only way that you will truly be able to account for all of your calories, fat, sodium, protein, and fiber intake. Keeping sodium low and fiber high was key for me - it might be able to work for you too! I prefer thedailyplate.com to fitday....just personal preference, but I believe TDP has more name brand products.

5) I don't do a lot of fruits and veggies either. I try - but have failed miserably at it. I try to eat at least one a day...it just doesn't happen most days for me. I love salads - but really only love them when I get them at restaurants. I love bananas and apples and grapes and pineapple - but tend to favor other items like fiber one bars over them. Part of it is me just being too lazy to cut up melons - other is that those fiber one bars just taste sooo much better. Then again, some days I eat a couple of apples. It's all in putting forth the effort to do this - it is not easy for me, so I know how difficult it seems. Yes - eating cleaner would be better - but honestly - just getting the weight off is the goal....I eat a lot better than I ever did - so I'm fairly happy with all that and figure that over time, I will figure out the whole fruit and vegetable thing - when I'm ready!

6) Below is a copy of an email I sent a friend who asked me about how I lost the weight. These are all my tricks. They have all changed over the time of my weight loss. I've changed what I once thought to be healthy habits and made them even healthier over time. I hope this can help you. :)

Diet - I basically eat about 1400 calories/day, I don't track fat grams, but I do track sodium and try to keep it below 2400mg, i keep my protein at about 50 grams, and my fiber between 40-80 grams/day. I suggest starting at around 25 grams with the fiber and working your way up over a couple of weeks...it can be tough on the digestive system and send you to the bathroom with cramps....

I eat something about every 2 hours and log all my intake on www.thedailyplate.com - i also use www.3fatchicks.com/forums as they have tons of good info that you can find and advice/support, etc...especially for people like you who are having tough times....that website is where I have found most of my ideas/thoughts on weightloss and exercise...it is something I use every single day. I love it.

Here are some of the things I eat regularly:
*Gnu Flavor & Fiber bars (130-150 calories, 12 grams fiber, all natural, flavored with fruit and fruit juices, can be found online at www.gnufoods.com or at Vitamin Shoppe in Jensen or Vero)
*Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bars (they also come in caramel and peanut butter, and apple cinnamon is on its way onto store shelves this month) - they are sweet and more like a candy bar if you ask me....but they have 140 calories and 9 grams of fiber....basically, if something is high in fiber, I'll eat it :)
*Cereals - Kashi Vive, Good Friends, Oats and Honey - they are like cheerios, Fiber One Cereals and All Bran Cereals - as long as they have more than 5 grams of fiber!
*Eggs and Egg Beaters - I use the egg beaters usually to be cautious of cholesterol - but love to have real eggs every once in awhile....they are a great source of protein - but I think you said you don't like them.
*Cheeses - another good source of protein, but I stick to Laughing Cow Light spreadable cheese wedges (only 35 calories and I have them on Melba toasts), Mini Babybel light - they are round and come wrapped in wax and only 50 calories, or any of the light cheeses available - except no american cause it is really high in sodium - swiss is generally lowest in this category, but provolone, muenster, cheddar, can all be found in light and lower sodium varieties (low sodium for cheese is generally less than 150mg/serving)
*I use slim fast shakes for breakfast - but you could probably come up with something similar and more natural if you thought about it - they are 190 calories, 5 grams fiber, 5 grams protein.
*I love pasta - but only eat high fiber pasta that I buy online at www.fibergourmet.com - they are really great, come in flavors, and if you get the nests, they are made so that 2 nests are one serving...so no need to worry about measuring - this pasta is great tasting, has 18-21 grams of fiber per 2 oz. serving, and I think about 150 calories - which is far less than regular white pasta or wheat pasta. I use either a tomato sauce that is low in sodium (here about 450mg sodium) or a light alfredo.....although I prefer a good tomato sauce :)
*Turkey and Swiss sandwiches - I use Double Fiber breads - Natures Own makes 2 different ones, one with 50 calories/slice and 5 grams of fiber/slice, one with 100 calories/slice and 7 grams of fiber/slice....the 100 calorie bread is much heartier.....be cautious on lunch meats and look for lower sodium ones - I like Boars Head Honey Maple Turkey...you can also have peanut butter and jelly - but I use natural pb and jellies.
If you are in the mood for pizza, I don't normally recommend frozen foods cause they are high in sodium, but *South Beach Diet has a line of pizzas that aren't bad and are very high in fiber, low in calories and about 600mg sodium...I like them once in awhile.
*Alternative Bagels from www.westernbagel.com - sometimes you can find these in Publix Bakery - rarely though - I pair them with Weight Watchers Cream Cheese which comes in individual serving sizes and has 3 or 4 grams of fiber in it.
*Fiber One Yogurt - haha - fiber + low cal yogurt = yum!
*South Beach Diet Pudding cups - basically 60 calories sugar free pudding cups with fiber in them.

Okay - I seriously eat a ton of different stuff...but these are my basics.....haha :)

*****Okay - get back with me - :hug: we are all here for you, but me especially - I want to see you do this!!!**********

P.S. Get on that going to the doctor thing - I saw that you posted about it and just do what you have to do to get on track!

SunshineRunner
07-02-2008, 10:23 AM
:welcome: Fatinhongkong! Congrats on starting your journey here with us and thank you very much for joining our support group. We may have a goal of losing 70'ish pounds - but we'll take anyone who wants to lose something, is supportive, and hangs around. We all look for support every day. That is why we are here. I hope we can all both give and receive support in this forum. 2bthin likes to make it out like I'm excellent at losing weight - but she can also tell you that I do have my down days and can go for long periods of time without losing any weight. So basically, I hope we can all help each other out!

On another note - I didn't meet my goal of 159lbs by the end of June - which was a tough goal - 5lbs in a month for me now is just a lot. I'm losing much more slowly because I don't always stick to my plan hardcore - but that is mainly cause I'm so happy with my new body that I do enjoy going out with friends for meals nowadays. I did however lose a total of 3lbs for the month of June - and saw 161 on the scale on the 30th. I'm excited to see one more number closer to my goal. Although TOM is due any day now...so I'll be fluctuating upwards for a couple of days and then hopefully be downwards a pound or two post-TOM - which is the norm for me.

Okay - my JULY goals are:

1) Lose 4lbs and be at 157lbs.
2) Continue workout regiment, but add in something for my abs. I was doing Pilates and Yoga - but due to summer scheduling changes, have been unable to make classes right now. I think I'm just going to have to add in some old fashioned crunches or actually get on one of those stupid balls at the gym.
3) Exercise outside at least 2 days a week to help motivate DBF - he wants me to run with him, but I'm not that great of a runner outside - albeit better than he is these days...but I'm fairly certain he shall surpass me on that once he gets back into it. He can do it - he did very well in the past and could run 5 miles outside and do it well...he just got to his highest weight recently and has asked me to help him out since I have been successful, so that is what I'm going to do. I'll try and change it up with him as far as location goes - we have nice beaches and nature preserves in the area that will be nice. I just want to help him out and get outside with him a bit more!

I think that is it for my goals for July - I hope everyone else will join me and post theirs!

:hug:

SunshineRunner
07-02-2008, 11:18 AM
HongKong - I'm catching up on your posts - I know completely how you feel about knowing skinny all your life and then all of a sudden being fat and hating yourself. 2bthin and I are both in the same boat. I was skinny all my life until the past 3-4 years when I just let my eating habits morph into those of my DBF and stopped being as active as I was. I no longer felt sexy, pretty, beautiful, any of it...I could never find clothes to fit and when I did, I still didn't like them. I would turn down invitations to go to events and out with friends because I was embarrassed of what I had become. It happened so rapidly as well that I just kept buying bigger clothes until I became a size 18 - and those were tight some weeks. Clothes were hard to find and I had to limit myself to just a few stores that carried my size (I was far too embarrassed to shop at Lane Bryant and never did)....if you read my post to 2bthin above - regarding what I have done - all that has taken me to a newly acquired goal size of 8 pants - that I can purchase at almost any store - Gap, American Eagle, Old Navy, Target, etc. I can now shop at all the stores I used to - and I love it. It's an absolutely amazing feeling. I remember prior to gaining the weight I always thought I was fat then - when I was a size 8 or even 6....I just never felt thin - but now, that I know what fat truly is - I know how good being just right feels. It's fabulous, and I challenge both you and 2bthin to get here with me.

okay...today is "let's see how many times amanda can post today!" I'm making up for being a slacker yesterday :)

2Bthinagain
07-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Hey Amanda - thanks for all the advice. I promise you I am trying hard on the soda thing. The sugar free kool aid is helping a lot. So I know I'm cutting back. There is no way I'll ever get used to DIET.
Hong Kong had asked me about the caffine in the morning -- see to rewind just a bit -- I take a pill at night to help me sleep (prescription) - because of a health problem I have (intersticial cystitis)....that pill leaves me feeling hung over each morning. I mean seriously hung over...it takes me about 2 hours just to get motivated and get myself and the kids going. That's why I like to grab a McDonalds coke soon as we get in the car to go any place. Some people have their coffee - I have my coke...but I am cutting back, I can't go "cold turkey".

Also Amanda - thanks for the info on the fiber and sodium, I've never thought about those things, I've always thought about counting calories. I will check out thedailyplate and see how that goes....probably when I see things that I eat broken down - it will change my eating in some ways, I know I should look more into the fiber...I meant to buy some fiber one pills but never did.

OKAY -- so the goal from now through the next week --
a) keep cutting back on soda
b) journal all my food each day
c) walk at least 3 days

By the way - it's 5pm now (east coast time) - and I'm still very tired...took the kids with me shopping this morning then let them play in the pool all afternoon. Being in the sun has made me tired. I didn't get in the pool (water is too cold for me even though it's hot out)

Oh - the ticker - Amanda - I'm sure you know why I don't post it !!
Because I'm not making progress. Right now it says 112, and I know I am more like 219. So I haven't gone to change it. It's hard for me to find my way there and change it and stuff but I'll work on it. ACCOUNTABILITY!!!

I get amazed when hear you say things like it just took 5 months to drop the 50 pounds...so HELLOOO, if I started around Valentines day and were serious, I'd be almost to goal !!!! Which means if I start SERIOUSLY today, then means just before Christmas I could weight 170 ! Okay am I dreamin'?

SunshineRunner
07-02-2008, 06:48 PM
2bthin - you are not dreaming at all!!!! You could totally be about 170lbs by Christmas - and just how great would that feel??? Do you all take family Christmas Photos??? I bet you do!! How proud would you be of your accomplishment? What about how amazed others would be by your accomplishment? That would be fabulous and you will be able to help others along and teach them what you have learned. I think you need to evaluate your goal and set a Christmas goal. You can do it!!! You Can You Can You Can!!!!

I understand the sleeping problems and waking up groggy - I take melatonin to help with sleeping problems and it leaves me in a fog for a few hours each morning after I wake up....but my hot shower and a Coke Zero do help out...I've actually gotten to the point where I don't drink Coke Zero first thing anymore - usually not before 11am...and today I didn't have one until about 4pm.

There is no way I'll ever get used to DIET I'm calling BS :) It's amazing what you can get used to if you set yourself in a positive mindset and try. Stop saying no and start saying yes. I'm going to beat you up on this coke thing. :)

Good job posting the ticker - get on the scale in the morning and adjust it properly. That's my advice. You weigh what you weigh today and now you are starting over. You can do this. I promise you, you will find your way!

For your goals - "keep cutting back on soda" I'm going to suggest coming up with an actual figure here. Like...only 5 sodas/day this week, next week only 4....and mix those up with some Coke Zero. I say 5 - but have no clue how many you are having a day :)

When you go to McD's for a coke - do you ever get anything else? That is quite a dangerous place for you right now. I know that during weight loss - I maybe drove thru for some french fries once a month....otherwise it was a complete NO GO.

Okay - that's enough preaching out of me - off to the gym :)
~A

SunshineRunner
07-02-2008, 09:50 PM
P.S. just in from the gym and thinking - let's make this a june/july thread? We've got some really good discussion going on now...what do you think?

Fat in Hong Kong
07-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Hi Amanda, thanks for the welcome, it's nice to meet you!:) You have done amazingly well to lose all that weight. I think it's hard for overweight people to actually comprehend that it really is possible. I've been overweight for so long now that I find it hard to believe that I could ever be slim again. But when I see stories like yours, it gives me hope that one day it will happen to me too.

Just thinking about my long-term and short-term goals ... In the long-term, I would be totally ecstatic if I could be down say, 40lbs by the end of the year, I think that's fairly do-able, don't you? That would put me at my lightest weight for about 8 years! Anything more would be an added bonus!

In the shorter term, I would like to lose about 15-20lbs by the time I return to work when the new school term commences at the beginning of September ... it would be a great boost if someone actually noticed that I'd lost a bit of weight:)

In the even shorter term, for the month of July, I aim to try to lose around 8-10lbs ... not a great deal I know, but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

My goals for this week are to make sure that I write everything down that passes my lips ... the good things AND the bad ... but I don't plan on there being too many bad things of course!! I'm going to eat more fruit and veggies ... I'm not a great fan of those either, but I'm getting better!:carrot: And I also plan to drink more water. I'm not particularly into soda, so I don't have a problem with that, but I don't drink as much water as I should, so I really need to up my intake ... in fact, sometimes I can all day without having ANY (except for in tea/coffee)! I know that's not good for me, so I'm trying to drink more.

On the exercise front ... well, er, that's sort of been a bit of a non-starter!:o I KNOW I need to start moving more, and I WILL get there, I promise! I'm at the stage where I'm actually THINKING about it now, which believe me, if you knew me, you'd realise that it most definitely a step in the right direction!! I have a pedometer which I bought a couple of years ago (and acutally used!!), I need to dig it out from its resting place and get it clipped on again!

Ok, that's all from me for now ... PHEW!! All those goals!! ... But I'm ready to go!!:cb:

beginme
07-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Can I join? I read about this thread over in 2BThin's Weight Loss Support thread.

I need to lose about 70 lbs and desperately need support.

SunshineRunner
07-03-2008, 12:07 AM
:welcome: beginme! We are more than happy to have you join us here - we just ask that you check back often and join us in giving and receiving support. I have found that I am most successful at my weight loss due to the fact that I learn from everyone else here. There is so much to learn here if you just read what everyone else has to say. There is just sooooo much information at 3FC. What does your weight loss plan entail? Fill us in and maybe we can help you get started if you haven't already!

HongKong - I'm about to go to bed (almost midnight here)....I don't think your 40lb goal by the end of the year is too much to ask for. You just have to show your commitment and you will very likely reach your goal...if not surpass it. I also think that if you figure out what is going to work for you - for your weight loss - that you'll be able to lose about 10lbs in July. I didn't lose 10lbs my first month - but my second month I did. It was just getting the hang of what was going on. Early one we lose more than we do later down the road in the WL Journey. But I also am wary of setting too lofty a goal and not surpassing it - I find it more pleasing to set a goal that is definitely attainable..and then if I beat it by a pound or two - the better I feel.

What kind of exercise do you like? Do you have a dog you can walk or would your kids get involved in getting you more active? We all have to start somewhere - this is a lifestyle change and we will be eating healthy and working out for the rest of our lives...hopefully..at least that is my longterm goal. :)

Okay - for real...way past my bedtime....I'll catch you all in the morning!

Fat in Hong Kong
07-03-2008, 12:29 AM
beginme ~ :welcome2: I'm new to this thread too, I came across it a couple of days ago and seems like a good place to be. I'm not new to 3FC, but it's been a long time since I've been around, and right now I feel like it's the right time for me to get started on my weightloss problem. We all need as much support and encouragement that we can get, and hopefully we'll succeed! I look forward to getting to know you.:)

Amanda, thanks for the encouragement. The more I read and the more I post, the more I actually believe it is possible to achieve my goals.:) Yes, I do have a dog and I am guilty of not taking the opportunity to walk her more often ... I tend to get the kids to do it!! ... And the hubby!! Disgraceful I know!! I need to get my act together and get out there more. I do also enjoy swimming (or at least I used to!) ... but the way I look right now, I just can't bring myself to expose my body to the rest of the unsuspecting world!!:yikes: May be in a couple of months ....

Off now to do some shopping with my DD ... she needs some new beachwear for our holiday at the end of July ... she's 16 with an envious figure ... how I wish I could be like that again!! Goodness knows what I'll be wearing ... all my summer clothes are too small ... and it's difficult to find any new ones in the shops that will actually fit me!! Shopping here in HK for clothes is an absolute nightmare for anyone above a size UK12 (US10 I think?), which is classed as 'Large' ... can you believe that??! Anyway, I won't get started on that or I'll be here until tomorrow!!

2Bthinagain
07-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Beginme - WELCOME !!! Thanks for joining ! Amanda is the queen of support, and has a great success story already. She'll keep you on your toes!

Amanda - as for me taking holiday pictures -nope - not since I gained the weight. Just a pic of the kids goes out in the cards. I'm glad you have faith in me. As I type this I'm still trying to wake up. Before we went to bed last night, we saw Jillian from the biggest loser on TV - saying that with her work out program, you can lose 20 pounds in one month, and I laughed out loud, and my husband said 'what? i'm sure if you DID follow her routines you WOULD lose 20 pounds in one month".
Why does each day seem like a struggle, yet when a month goes by you look back like - hey that wasnt' that long, why did I do it each day then in this past month I would have lost 10 pounds.
I'm still waiting for my light bulb to truly go over and to figure out my daily way of life - like Amanda with all her great tips for eating healthy and how she knows the fiber in everything. Still working on that !

I'm off to "wake up" now :) -- oh as for McDonalds - nope I just get the coke, nothing else. And it's just once a day. I will make a conscious effort to avoid all drive thrus for "food" - it's an easy way to feed my kids when we're out and about though ' Hey who wants chicken nuggets for lunch' .

Okay -- today is going to be a good day. ;)

SunshineRunner
07-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Good Morning All! Today's weigh-in was the second day in a row that I have seen 160lbs...so I got to change my ticker 2 times this week!!! That means only 3 more pounds to go to reach my July goal! I worked out really hard last night - ran very hard on the treadmill for 2.5 miles, then lifted weights. The nice thing about my small town gym is that some of the regulars have seen my huge weight loss over the past year and have been really nice and supportive. Last night - one guy - we call him "Country Joe" (I know, haha, but it is true!) showed me some new moves to work on my triceps - an area I am sure we all hate. I don't know what it is for us women - but the under arm flab is always quite difficult. In any case, doing the move I could really feel the burn - it was nice to be taught something new. Also - after that -another guy "Dewayne" who has seen my transformation came over and started talking to me - saying he thinks he knows me from somewhere - but we couldn't figure that out at all - besides the gym - and he still feels he knows me from somewhere else...in any case, we talked a lot and that was nice - you know - just to have men talk to you (hey, I know Country Joe has a crush on me - he's told me for sometime - I'm not interested, but having Dewayne come talk to me was nice too!)...okay - enough of me gloating about the guys that are checking me out...

2bthin - have you checked your weight yet? I know you said yesterday that you knew you were higher than what your ticker states - get the truth out there!!! :) What are your July Goals? Have you set up your food log yet?

HongKong - See - now all you need to do is to instruct your children and hubby to never walk the dog - then you will start getting the exercise. Or - they can only walk the dog if you go with them. :) I've got to go shopping this afternoon as well - DBF's birthday is Monday and I still have a few more items to get him. OF course I'll end up back at The Gap since I have a 15% off coupon and since I went there last weekend and bought a bunch of size 8 stuff (My high size was US 18).

What are you doing for the 4th of July 2bthin? I still haven't made any solid plans - but am going out of town sunday, monday, tuesday - sunday to DBF's mom's home for bday celebre and mon/tues to our old college town (Gainesville, FL - 3 hours north of us) to get away and visit some friends - haven't been back in 4 years!!! Basically I'm hoping to get in some good workouts tonight, tomorrow morning (gym is only open 8-12!), saturday afternoon, and sunday morning - to make up for my lack of working out ability on monday/tuesday - although we may get some hiking in - gainesville has lots of beautiful nature areas.

Well...back to work! It's taken me an hour to type this message already!

beginme
07-03-2008, 04:10 PM
So, a bit more about my plan. I'm calorie counting and aiming to eat between 1,200 and 1,500 calories per day. I'm not exercising yet, but plan to start soon.

Hope everyone has a great 4th!!

Fat in Hong Kong
07-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Morning Ladies! (although I guess it's evening for you!:dizzy:)

Amanda ~ I hope your shopping trip went well. I had a good day out shopping with my DD yesterday ... or rather, she had a good day shopping! ... She came home with loads of stuff!! I, on the other hand, went through my usual anger and desperation in the changing rooms!! I'm totally not happy with what I came home with, but the idea of going on a beach resort holiday and wearing long pants everyday doesn't fill me with glee! I finally managed to find a couple of pairs of shorts that I could squeeze into ... not a pretty sight I can tell you! And it's only because I know there will be no one there who knows me that I would ever consider wearing them! Note to self: This is going to be the last time I take a holiday looking like a beached whale!

2Bthinagain ~ I also rarely have my photograph taken, and when I do I usually try to cover up in some way ... like sitting down with a bag on my lap or sitting behind a table, or standing behind someone else ... still doesn't help to disguise my huge moon shaped face though! Such a contrast compared to how I used to be a few years ago. I also often think back over the past few months, realising that if I had stuck to my weight loss plan all those other times, like I had intended to, I would probably be at my goal weight by now, or at least close to it. I last started a weight loss plan in January I think ... If I had been sensible, I'd be really looking forward to my beach holiday right now ... instead of dreading the moment that I have to reveal my body on the beach or by the pool.:mad:

beginme ~ I'm not exactly a great example to be giving advice about weight loss ... although, I have lost weight successfully in the past by counting calories. Just wanted to say that 1200-1500 calories a day is a little on the low side for someone looking to loose 70+lbs. I know everyone is different, and what works for one person may not suit another, but just be careful that you don't go too low to begin with, because if you get to a plateau and you need to cut calories to help get you over it, you may find it a struggle coping with lower than 1200-1500 cals a day. Where as if you start out slightly higher, say 1500-1700 a day, you can then afford to reduce your intake to around 1400 cals to help you get over a blip, without feeling deprived or hungry. Also, if you do start off too low, you may struggle to maintain it in the long term. Does that make sense? Just a suggestion anyway. Good luck with counting those calories!:)

Ok, off to do the food shopping now! Hope everyone has a great day!

2Bthinagain
07-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Hey girls - I will post more later. Our youngest has asthma and just caught a bad cold - he was up until 3am and I don't think I slept all night...plus now I'm getting a sore throat and getting sick. I'm so glad my husband is home for the holiday today...I'm SO tired.....luckily - not interested in food.
I'll post more later today when I wake up and take a shower (it's 9:30am now), and I'm still tired!

2Bthinagain
07-04-2008, 05:28 PM
It's 5:30 now and I haven't "woken up" all day. Due to the holiday I forced myself to shower - we're having a neighborhood party on our block and I want to take our oldest down for a bit, even though I'm groggy as all ****.
Amanda - so close to goal --- ! Girl, you may as well BE at goal - you have done such hard work and the pay offs must make you feel out of this world. I just hope I can follow your lead and work out as hard as you have and stay as dedicated to the food plan as you have.
I thought I'd posted my July goals -- less soda, work out 3x a week (which means walking actually).... I'm still tired from last night and not thinking clearly. I'll post again in the morning.

Fat in Hong Kong - how did the food shopping go?

beginme - you and I both need to work on our exercise huh? I've been saying I was going to begin soon for 2 years, and I've never made a routine out of it. When I see your posts about your workout plan then that will light a fire under me ! Goodluck with your program !!!

beginme
07-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Hello All. I wound up having a terrible food day today. I'll be traveling tomorrow, so it doesn't look like it will be better. Well, I guess I'll just have to start yet again next week.

Fat in Hong Kong, thanks for the suggestion about the calories. I guess one of my problems is that I don't like a lot of healthy food, so I'm hard pressed to eat 1,500 calories a day of good stuff.

2BThin-Sorry to hear about your night! Hope your son is on the mend and that you catch up on your sleep tonight.

Well, I'm off to bed. I'll check in tomorrow.

P.S. Sorry to be having food troubles right after joining this thread. I really don't want to be the one to pull the group down.

Fat in Hong Kong
07-05-2008, 01:15 AM
2Bthin ~ sorry to hear your son isn't well, hope he's feeling better soon, and hope you've managed to catch up on some sleep! The food shopping went well ... got lots of lovely fresh fruit and salads so I'm well prepared for the coming week. We're having a BBQ this evening and instead of the usual steak and burgers kind of stuff, I've bought some lovely fresh swordfish steaks which I'm marinating in garlic, lemon and oregano and serving with a couple of different salads and corn on the cob. Also got some other stuff for those not having to watch their weight, but I'm pretty content with what I've got on the menu!:T

beginme ~ one terrible food day is just that ... 1 day ... forget about it, put it behind you, and continue the next day with healthier choices.:) Don't worry, you're not alone. I don't find it easy to make good choices every day either ... in fact, I really struggle with it! But unlike in the past when I would just give up after one bad day, thinking what's the point in bothering to carry on, I now realise that 1 day really isn't going to make that much difference in the whole scheme of things. It's so easy to give up and feel like you've already failed after one bad day ... which then leads into 2 or 3 days, and so it goes on. This has been my first week back on plan, and I don't mind confessing that it's not been easy for me. I've made lots of good choices, but I've also made quite a few bad ones too, and in the past I would have simply thought, what the ****, and given up! But I know that each day I carry on, instead of giving up, will eventually help to lead me on to the road of success. This week I've been writing everything down that I've eaten ... EVERYTHING:o from the healthy tuna salad which I had for lunch yesterday, followed by a bowl of strawberries, to curry & rice which I had for dinner on Wednesday (far too much of:o) ... oh, and large amount of wine I had to drink on Thursday evening!!:eek: I don't expect I'll lose much, if anything this week, but I'm carrying on and taking it one step at a time, each day trying to make a few better choices. Don't think you're 'pulling the group down' ... I'm in exactly the same situation that you are and I know I need help and support, that's why I'm going to keep coming here everyday and I'm not going to give up ... and neither are you, are you?:hug:

Have a great weekend everyone!

SunshineRunner
07-05-2008, 01:01 PM
2bthin - sorry about the stressful holiday for you :( Hope you got some sleep last night ;) Must be tough to be tired all day - I know we all have those days - I definitely have trouble sleeping about 4 nights out of each week...no fun! As far as being to goal - I may be close, but I'm not going to claim it until I'm actually there. I know I posted my photos here - but I'm actually very excited to post in the "Goal" thread once that truly happens. I actually saw 159lbs on the scale yesterday - but then had pizza for dinner...so I'm sitting back at 160lbs today - will probably (hopefully) change over the weekend - but am going out of town for 3 days...so you never know! Also - even though I'm so close to goal - I don't have plans to change any of my habits. I have stopped my actual calorie counting - I was recording at thedailyplate.com - but now I'm fairly good at it and don't really feel the need to. It was definitely one of the most helpful tools I had on this journey.

BeginMe - YOU ARE NOT PULLING THIS GROUP DOWN!!! THE ONLY TIME THE GROUP GOES DOWN IS WHEN WE HAVE A MEMBER LEAVE! JUST GETTING HERE IS HALF THE BATTLE. YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS AND DO IT RIGHT AND SUCCESSFULLY!!! IT IS POSSIBLE! As far as exercise goes - yes, it's easy to put it off until the next day - same as your diet - but honestly, if you stop what you are doing and just do it that day - you'll find yourself much more happy with yourself. You say you are going to start back on plan next week - but what is wrong with today? Just because you had some poor food choices today - doesn't mean you can't finish the day out making better ones. Every single bite counts! Stay here - you'll figure it all out, just keep checking in! :)

HongKong - Great job at recording all of your caloric intakes. Are you counting anything besides calories? I watched my fiber and sodium as well as protein when I was counting every day. I'm a fiber addict and can swear that it is 90% of the reason I was so successful with my diet. I'm a fiber whore. Plain and simple :)

Something I was thinking we could all do here every day is actually post what we are eating - so I'll post what I've eaten so far today below and I'll edit this post when I've eaten something else.

If you check out the photos - I think they are on page 1 of this edition of our group - there's a photo of me at a wedding from 2001 - I've been holding onto that dress since that wedding so that I could fit back into it - I always liked the photos from that day - well guess what? yes, I fit back into it the other night - I'll definitely take a new photo with me in it for once I reach goal. I also went shopping at Banana Republic Outlet on Thursday afternoon and the entire store was an additional 40% off - I got a pair of nice work pants for $5.39!!! I of course found a couple of other cute tops - but you those pants started out at $89 (where most BR pants start out at cost wise) - I actually had to ask the clerk if it was tagged wrong!!! Crazy exciting - I just love bargains :)

Well, I may catch a movie with a friend this afternoon...or I may take a nap. I'm leaning towards the nap first - and maybe the movie later....we'll see.

Have a nice Saturday everyone...oooh...I just remembered out nice and sunny (and not rainy!) it is outside...maybe I'll get to the pool for an hour before my nap! :)

Today's Food
*Cup of coffee w/Splenda and French Vanilla Creamer
*Slim Fast
*Kashi Vive Cereal w/1% milk
*Cup of coffee w/Splenda and French Vanilla Creamer
*Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bar
*Cheeseburger fully loaded on onion bun with blue cheese - yum
*Tater tots (I know, not really diet food, but I ate so little today, that there was plenty of space for them!)
*2 Miller Lites.

beginme
07-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, folks!! And, no, I am NOT going to give up. My goal is to be at my goal weight by January 1, 2009. Hopefully, that's realistic.

2BThin, where are ya today? Hope your son is well.

SunshineRunner
07-05-2008, 11:39 PM
BeginMe - your goal is definitely realistic. Just keep up the good and hard work and you'll be there on time! I'm almost to goal and I only started at the end of Sept. 2007...

Speaking of which - we are at 159lbs today! (Even after burger and tots and beers!) I feel lucky! Hopefully my little vacation doesn't screw up this good hard work!

beginme
07-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Congrats on 159. That's really great. You are so inspiring to me. I had another bad day today eating wise, but have packed the house with good stuff for tomorrow. And all the bad stuff is gone.

I think I'm finally ready to finish this up once and for all.

Fat in Hong Kong
07-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a good weekend ... 2Bthin ~ I hope your son is feeling better and you've managed to catch up on some sleep!

Amanda ~ I'm not actually doing a calorie counting plan this time ... it's worked for me in the past, but the problem with me is that I become obsessed with calories, and I end up getting so frustrated having to count every single thing that goes in my mouth, that I eventually give up. I know it's the best way for some people, but I find it too difficult to stick with long term.

This past week I've just basically been writing everything down to give me an overall picture of where I'm going wrong and how I can improve. I've not actually been following any specific plan, but simply tried to make a conscious effort to make better choices. I've still had things which I know I shouldn't really be eating, and I've still had too much of some things, but somewhere along the line there's something switched on in the back of my head that's reminding me each time what I'm supposed to be doing. The outcome of my initial trial week has rewarded me with a 2lbs loss ... not a great deal for a first week I know, as I've lost as much as 4-6lbs in the past, but it's a loss never the less and I'm pleased with that:)

Now that I've spent the first week reminding myself what I should and shouldn't be doing, and getting myself in the right frame of mind to tackle it properly, I'm embarking on my proper plan. It's a plan devised by a slimming club in the UK which I have found easy to follow in the past (but didn't get to goal as I wasn't in the right frame of mind at the time) and which one of my friends at work has been highly successful with. It's basically a no nonsense, no gimmicks, healthy eating plan, and I can honestly say that I never felt hungry because it also has a 'free foods' list that you can fill up on or pile your plate high with, and I never once felt deprived. There's no counting calories, or fat grams, and there's no weighing (except for the odd 'extras' that you are allowed in limited quantities if you feel you need them). It's basically normal healthy eating (no ready prepared foods though unless you count them as extras) that should be able to fit into any normal lifestyle. So, here I go with day 1!

I also think that your idea of posting what we eat each day is great ... it would certainly help to keep me on track and make sure that I'm making the right choices if I'm posting it for everyone else to see! I'll come back later and post what I've eaten today ........

beginme ~ Good girl for getting rid of all the bad stuff and stocking up on the good stuff! I think your goal is very realistic and the fact that you've already lost 29lbs shows that you're well on your way to achieving it!! Keep up the good work:cp:

I'll be back later to post today's food .....

Fat in Hong Kong
07-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Ok Ladies, as promised here's today's food ......

Breakfast
Oatmeal w/Banana, 1 tsp honey

Lunch
Omelette w/Mushrooms, Ham, Cheese (28g grated)
Side Salad
1 tbs low fat Mayo

Dinner
Sirloin Steak
Butternut Squash 'Fries'
Side Salad
1 tbs low fat Mayo

Snacks/Extras
Milk (Daily Allowance)
Strawberries w/99%ff Fromage Frais
Wine (4 Glasses!)

SunshineRunner
07-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Just popping in to say I'm on my way out of town until late Tuesday night. I'll catch up with everyone when I get back - stay on plan and keep your heads up high! :)
~A

beginme
07-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Fat in HK, that looks like a great healthy day's worth of food. I'm having a pretty good day too. It's amazing what having a house full of only the good stuff does for one's plan!

Fat in Hong Kong
07-08-2008, 01:22 AM
beginme ~ Glad to hear that you had a good day ... Try to post your daily food like Amanda suggested, I find it really helps to keep me accountable and makes me want to make good choices instead of bad ones. You will notice that I have edited yesterday's food as I didn't have the planned orange after dinner ... however, I did end up having 4 glasses of wine which were not planned for!! Hubby's fault ... he decided to open a bottle of wine with dinner ... and I drank most of it!!:o Now I'm feeling guilty and I didn't like having to edit my post, but there's no point in trying to kid myself and pretend it didn't happen ... it did, and I'll try not to let it happen again ... at least not until the weekend!;)

Amanda ~ Hope you have a good trip ... see you in a day or two!:)

2Bthin ~ Haven't seen you for a few days ... hope all is well with your son and he's feeling better? Come back soon ... we miss you!:hug:

Hope everyone has a good day! I'll be back later to post today's food .....

beginme
07-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Greetings, all. I've had another good day on program. Suffering from monstrous chocolate cravings, but have kept them at bay thus far.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Fat in Hong Kong
07-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Good Morning!

Didn't get around to coming back yesterday to post my food ... so here it is ... Yesterday's Food .....

Breakfast
2 small slices wholemeal toast w/2 slices Kraft 97%ff Cheese

Lunch
Salad w/Tuna, Cottage Cheese

Dinner
Stir Fry w/Chicken, Black Bean Sauce, Red & Green Bell Peppers, Onion, Chili
Rice

Extras
Strawberries w/99%ff Fromage Frais
Wine (2 Glasses ~ getting better!:o)

Fat in Hong Kong
07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
beginme ~ Glad to hear you had another good day ... keep it up!:) I know all about chocolate cravings ... I'm a real chocoholic!:devil: I simply can't have it in the house at all ... if someone buys me a box of chocolates I can't rest until they've all been eaten ... unlike my daughter who will keep them for weeks!! I don't know how she does it?! I used to buy the little mini chocolate bars for whenever I had a craving ... the only problem was that I didn't stop at one bar ... I'd eat several, so I'd have been better off having a normal sized bar to begin with! Now, I just don't buy it. My biggest problem though is at work ... there is always chocolate/cakes/cookies, etc, in the staff room ... it's always someone's birthday, and I have terrible trouble resisting. Thankfully, I've finished work for the summer holidays so I don't have that temptation at the moment. Hopefully, when the new school term commences in September, I'll be so used to eating more healthily that I'll be able to resist.

Hope you have another good day!:)

SunshineRunner
07-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Good Morning Ladies - I'm back in town and back on track. Amazingly I did not gain a single pound while away and eating tons of food...and a lot of crap but good tasting food - yum! I had the best steak on Sunday night with Crab Meat & Bernaise on top - yum yum yum! My mouth is still watering from it - it was just delish! Of course yesterday morning I had 3 - yes THREE Krispy Kreme Donuts -but I'll stop going into detail about the junk I ate while out of town - it was just way too much!

I'm excited to be home and eating right again - it would be great if I could get these last few pounds off my body over the next couple of weeks - and I'd ultimately like to get down to about 145lbs....my original goal of 155lbs is where I'm still headed - and once there I'll be very happy & can't wait to post some goal photos - but I feel like it won't be quite enough and I'll want to go down a few more - we'll just see where this journey takes me!

In order to eat more clean this week after the junk food fest of the long weekend - I'll be focusing on eating a lot of cereal - it always cleans me out - along with some fruits and veggies - but the higher fiber cereals have always been helpful to me - and I keep a good stock of them at my house because I love so many different ones. I hope I stay on track with that plan.

It will be nice to get back to the gym as well - haven't been since Friday so I may be a little rickety - but I did stay active while out of town with a lot of walking :)

Well, I've got some work to get done...2bthin...where are you????

beginme
07-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Great to see you back! Glad you had a good trip. I had another good day today. Still fighting the cravings, but at the moment, I'm winning! :carrot:

Fat in Hong Kong
07-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Hi Amanada ~ Glad you had a good trip. It's good that you've been able to enjoy some food treats whilst you've been away without it ruining your weightloss, and good that you're able to get straight back on plan now you've returned. Your goal is so close now, you must be so excited!:)

beginme ~ It's great that you had another good day ... Keep it up!!:cb: Keep those cravings under control and it will all be worth it when you get on those scales and see another loss ... just keep thinking of that feeling you get when you see the scales go down ... there's nothing like it!:)

I had a reasonable day yesterday ... a little too much pasta with my spag bol for dinner ... that's another one of my problem areas, pasta! I am trying to cut down, but it's one of those things that I really should try to avoid because I always end up having too much, no matter how good my intentions are.:(

Anyway, here's yesterday's food ....

Breakfast
Oatmeal w/Banana, Passionfruit, 1 tsp honey

Lunch
Sandwich w/Turkey, Salad, wholemeal bread, low fat spread

Dinner
Spaghetti Bol (too much pasta!!:mad:)

Extras
Milk (daily allowance)
Strawberry Smoothie (Strawberries, 99%ff Yogurt, Skimmed Milk)
99%ff Fromage Frais

Hope you all have another good day!:D

2Bthinagain
07-10-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm back...well just for a minute. It's 8am, the kids are eating breakfast and acting up - as usual. I have to change the sheets on some beds, then get the kids dressed, take a shower - run an errand to pick up a piece of furniture - the home again for a play date at 10:30
Whomever posted about the chocolate - me too. I crave it every second of every day.
As for my goal with the soda - not going so well :(
We are going grocery shopping tonight...so feel free to help me with my grocery list!!

I love the idea of posting your daily menus on here! That is great and will give me some ideas.
We leave for DISNEY in TWO MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Now is the time to kick my butt in gear and drop those 20 darn pounds!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Amanda - I know you are looking at my ticker -- I haven't changed it yet!

Fat in Hong Kong
07-10-2008, 08:22 AM
2Bthin ~ Great to have you back on board!:) I think Amanada's idea of posting our daily food is a good idea too ... it's certainly helped me to make better choices for the past few days ... wouldn't like everyone to see what crap I can sometimes shovel away!!:o Two little tips for your shopping list ... cross off the soda ... and don't get any chocolate!:D

SunshineRunner
07-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone! :)

2bthin - 2 months!! You can get off 20lbs in 2 months!!! Am I going to get a chance to meet up with you once you get to Florida??? I agree - for more than just weightloss reasons, you need to cross the soda off the list. Look for lightly flavored waters that are zero calorie (Aquafina, Dasani, Sam's Choice and many more have these available). Also - I know it is easier said than done - but take a moment to relax and breathe. You *sound* stressed out - and that will not help your in your journey. I know you have a lot on your plate (kids!!!) but you can do this!

Beginme - glad you are still on track - I promise you, the cravings go away for the most part once the weight starts coming off in bigger chunks. I rarely crave junk food anymore - I was a major drive thru addict - I just don't do it very often, and when I do - it's because DBF and I are on the road and a little junk at this point in my journey is not that harmful. I actually rarely see it effect the scale.

HongKong - have you checked out www.fibergourmet.com ? I order my pasta online through their website - and it is soooo packed with fiber (18-21 grams per 2 ounce serving...which is not a huge serving at all!) and much lower in calories - I think 110-150 calories/serving - than regular pasta - the deal here is that if you eat way too much of it (I usually eat about 4 ounces) you will have major trouble in the bathroom :) I know - scary, but definitely a good switch - and I know you are overseas - but Ronzoni has a high fiber pasta as well - www.ronzonismarttaste.com - which you could probably order thru amazon.com - it's no where near as high in fiber as the fibergourmet.com stuff - but has a good amount in it and is overall just better for you. I'd highly recommend making the switch to either one of these - it's amazing the difference it will make - and they are both great tasting pastas!

As for the CHOCOLATE CRAVINGS - mine have never gone away either - but I do only eat dark chocolate and buy special bags of them that I keep around the house - I may eat a whole serving size - depending on the brand - 3-6 pieces - but I definitely prefer things like Dove Dark or Hershey's Dark Bliss - nice smooth chocolates that I can have a couple of pieces (dark chocolate is also higher in fiber than milk chocolate) and move on with my cravings - although I've got two bags sitting in the pantry for more than 2 weeks unopened (had a coupon for buy one get one free) - and I've thought about opening them a couple times, but my candy dish currently has a huge stash of starlight mints -soooo...I don't want to put them together or else my once fabulous dark chocolate will become mint chocolate - which I love for ice cream, but don't like it to spoil my nice rich dark chocolates!

Okay - I have to get some work done

Here's what I'm eating today (so far!)
*Coffee with creamer
*Slim Fast
*Couple of apples sliced up
*Fiber One Oats and Chocolate bar

SunshineRunner
07-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Oh - I picked up a new item last night at the grocery store at the suggestion of Hungry Girl - Fig Newton Fruit Crisps in Apple Cinnamon - you get 2 in a pack for 100 calories - not much as far as nutritional content goes (fiber/protein) but they are super duper yummy - I split a pack with DBF last night and there is just something about these things that is great.

2Bthinagain
07-10-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm back again -- 10:30am....apparently furniture store doesn't open until 11, what a waste of gas!
As for my soda issue - yes I can cross it off my list - but what will prevent me from driving thru McDonalds to get my morning coke??
As for the choc, I don't usually buy choc, but sometimes DH gets in these phases where he loads up.
Right now I am working on my grocery list -- new goal here - eat fruit with my Slim Fast in the morning.
Bananas go so bad so fast....and we only shop once every 2 weeks. I think I'll eat bananas one week then apples?

A friend of mine is due shortly - a success story - 70 pounds lost and she looks better than Madonna. She did it with WW and is going to help me with some meal planning. It's funny how we only go to the store every 2 weeks and "stock up" but 2 days after our shopping trip we're like "whats there to eat?"

Amanda - I'd love to see you in Florida -just don't know how it's possible. Any ideas? I have no idea what type of schedule we'll be on. I'd hate to make plans than we'd be late getting to where you are. Our first day there (Sept 17) we think it will be an early day - after the 2pm parade at MK I think we'll head back to the pool and stay at the hotel the rest of the day. Our plane leaves around 7am we arrive in Orlando around 9:30 - and cant check into our room until after 3, so we'll hit the MK have a late lunch at Tonys and watch the parade from there then take the bus back to our hotel.

What have I had so far today?
Large McDonalds Coke. :(

I LOVE This posting your menu thing -- great great great idea!
Are we posting any calories burned too?

SunshineRunner
07-10-2008, 10:48 AM
We could probably post "exercise" rather than calories burned - I don't believe that there is a good and/or accurate way to get an idea of calories burned unless you are hooked up to a heart rate monitor. But it would be a good idea to post what we did for exercise - whether it be how many steps we take or how many miles we run. What weights we lift of what videos we worked out to...it all counts...I just never ever rely on those burned calories to allow myself to increase my total number of calories that I can intake in a day.

2bthin - I just checked it out - maybe this will deter you from grabbing that large coke - it has 310 calories in it - I currently take in about 1400 calories/day (when on plan and not on vacation!) and that would be 22% of my daily calories - on something that is just not filling - not to mention it is chocked full of sugar which are carbs (I don't count carbs, but some people do) 86 grams of carbs - which is 29% of the RDA for the day!!!

SunshineRunner
07-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Here are some photos from my little vacation to Gainesville - the first is a picture of "the french fries" a famous sculpture at UF, the second at Florida Field, and the third in front of the Stadium, the last one is in front of Century Tower - middle of UF's campus.

2Bthinagain
07-10-2008, 03:26 PM
310 Calories? Why do I tell myself "I know it's all sugar", yet I crave it anyway? Empty useless -- like you said "non" filling calories. Good point.

FYI - love the pictures! You look so adorable!

beginme
07-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Great vacation pics! You look great!! I'm having another good day today, but by the skin of my teeth. I want a mini Reese's Cup right now so bad I could scream. Hopefully, that craving will ease up after the first week has past. I'm on day 4.

Glad to see you back 2BThin.

SunshineRunner
07-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Yes! 310 calories of teeth destroying sugar!!! You can get thru this coke addiction and find something that is low-no calorie to replace it. You crave it anyways because it is sugar. I have found that the less sugar that I ate throughout my lifestyle change - the less I craved it - once you get it out of your system, you truly want less of it. And...the less sugary things that you thought were bland before...become much more flavorful....like right now...I'm having a Breakstone's Cottage Doubles - 130 calories, only 16 carbs, 11 grams of tummy filling protein - and I honestly feel like it is one of the sweetest items I eat.

Thanks for the photo comments - can't wait to see y'all up here!!!! :)

Beginme - you will get past the need for the chocolate - a package containing the standard 2 cups - has 230 calories - once again - not very filling (although quite sweet tooth fulfilling!) calories - and 13 grams of fat. For me - just not worth it during weight loss. Once in a blue moon it's okay to have 1 mini cup - but still, not very filling and you know you can't eat just one of those suckers!!! You'll get thru it - they say it takes 21 days to make something habit - so don't stress too much if you still have these cravings next week - you just have to get it out of your system!

I'm going to the gym and will attempt to beat my time of 37:44 for my 5K (3.1 miles)...I participate in the 3FC 5K's that EZMoney has been hosting - and I did 39 minutes for the 4th of July but ran my butt off last night to get to 37:44 - would ideally like to get down to under 36 minutes for the next one - August 1-3rd....I'd love to be considered athletic one day! A girl can dream, right???

Well, off to the gym...I'll let you know what I did once I get back :)
~A

Fat in Hong Kong
07-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Amanda ~ Great photos! I can't wait to see your official 'before' and 'after' photos when you post them, I find it so inspiring to see the difference that weightloss actually makes ... it's often hard to imagine in your mind that it really can make such a difference (to ourselves at least!) without seeing the hard evidence.

I agree that it's absolutely true about getting over the cravings for sugar (although I'm not over the chocolate ... yet!). I always used to have 2 teaspoons of sugar in tea/coffee, but gradually reduced this amount until I was having none at all ... now I can't even take a sip without thinking how sweet and sickly it tastes, and have to throw it away and make another cup. I've been 'sugar-less' in tea/coffee for a few years now:)

Yesterday's Food ......

Breakfast
Fromage Frais 99%ff

Lunch
4 Ryvita Crispbread
low fat spread cheese

Dinner
Chicken w/salad, jacket potato (w/grated cheese), lf mayo

Have another great day everyone!:)

SunshineRunner
07-10-2008, 10:32 PM
HongKong - that doesn't look like very many calories for your day....how the heck did you get through the day????

I use splenda or stevia in my coffee and tea - i like both!

Tonights workout was:
ran 3.25 miles @ 5.5 miles/hour average - time was 38 minutes
lifted weights focusing on arms and legs for 40 minutes.

I worked out hard and have been in the mood to do so lately - it's just feeling really good and i'm trying really hard to get my fatty triceps to not jiggle so much - i pretty much hate that body part right now.

I'm hoping to wake up at 158lbs tomorrow....everyone keep your fingers crossed! :)

Fat in Hong Kong
07-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Amanda ~ Don't worry, I'm not going to wither away (chance would be fine thing!). Yesterday was very much a one off for me ... just had a very busy day and only managed to grab a pot of fromage frais for breakfast ... before I realised it, I'd missed lunch time completely so grabbed a few Ryvita crispbreads to keep me going until dinner. As I said, it was a one off, and on a normal day I don't struggle at all to get in my full quota of food!!:)

I'm really impressed with your workout routine ... I wish that I could become motivated to exercise more ... or rather, I should say, to exercise at all!! I'm hoping that as the scales go down I'll start to feel more like doing something:^:

My fingers are crossed for the scales to show 158 on the scales for you in the morning!!:crossed:

beginme
07-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Well, I didn't do as well today. Managed to eat 2,100 calories. Yikes! Well, I'll be back on track tomorrow. Hope you ladies are having a better day.

SunshineRunner
07-12-2008, 09:06 AM
HongKong - I understand about having off days where actually eating is difficult. I always try to keep something with a higher nutritional value around so I can grab and go -but even that can be difficult on those days. I know that there have been a good handful of days where I have gotten in less than 1000 calories - not good, but I surived!

Beginme - I've easily eaten 2100 plus calories - those are the days when I go out to eat - and I just plain don't bother to count my calories anymore on those days - however I always make up for them by doing a cleansing cycle of eating for myself - focusing on high fiber and lower sodium to get what usually shows up as a couple pounds of water weight out of my system!

Okay - off to get some stuff done. Have a good one :)

2Bthinagain
07-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Amanda - congrats on your weight and your work out - I can't imagine the day when I would enjoy a work out. I do however remember even in my skinny days - I always thought my arms were jiggly.

A little news here - DH wants me to pay for WW. So I guess I will sign up. He said he thinks its a good idea since a friend of mine did it and I showed him her before and after photos - plus he finally met her in person. He said I should want that --I can't see paying the $$$ when I should be able to do it on my own, but apparently I can't.......so this week I'm off to my first WW meeting.

Other than that - slow weekend. We have company this weekend so not a lot getting done. Things will be back on track when they go home tomorrow. :)

beginme
07-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Well, I had a much better day today!! Totally back on track.

Congrats on joining WW. It really is a great program. Glad you girls are doing well!

2Bthinagain
07-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Okay it's Sunday night - I just went to the grocery - I did not buy any soda! I bought lots of water though. It was tough - but I walked right on by the soda.
I am also trying to skip my pill at night that leaves me hung over in the morning - which will prevent my craving for that McDonalds coke.
Tomorrow - will I wake up at 5:30 with my DH to get in an early walk before the kids wake up? I'll post and let you know!
Have a great week everyone!
:wave:
Edit to add my planned menu -
I am doing slim fast for breakfast one day - then special K the next day.
I bought whole wheat bread with sandwich meat
Dinner - well - I'll post as they happen.
Also bought fruit. One apple a day and a banana on the next day / (alternating).
Still need to figure out my WW points.

beginme
07-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Yippee for no soda!!!:carrot:

I also had another good day today! The good ones are definitely outnumbering the bad ones and I'm really starting to feel like it will be good news when I step back on the scales on August 1 (I weigh the 1st of every month so I don't drive myself mad).

SunshineRunner
07-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Beginme - good job on another good day - every single good day in a row will lead to much more and they will just get easier! I weigh every single day - I can't not do it - I may be scale addicted, but I also know what food effects my body and how. It's been very helpful for me!

2bthin - congrats on not buying soda! i know it was hard for you! also, big congrats on planning to get up and go for a walk with DH - I hope he can help you with your journey! I'm going to hope you get lots of good sleep tonight. I know how rough it can be. Can't wait to hear from you in the morning to see how your day has started out. Also - have you tried some of the Kashi line of cereals? I like them better then Special K - flavors are good and they are higher in fiber...which we all know I'm obsessed with :)

Well folks, I'm off to bed, have a good one and I'll see you in the morning :)
~A

Fat in Hong Kong
07-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've not been around for a couple of days. Had a really busy weekend and I'm really annoyed with myself because my eating habits have been bad, bad, bad!!:mad: I don't know why I do it to myself ... I have a good week, then everything goes to pot over the weekend!:mad: Consequently, I've hopped on the scales this morning and there's only been a 1lb loss:( I'd hoped for more this second week, but because of my stupidity over the past few days it was not to be. That'll teach me a lesson!

Anyway, I've given myself a good talking to and I'm well and truly back on track, so hopefully I'll have a better week this week.:crossed:

Well done to the rest of you for having a good week:)

Amanda ~ I told you that having few calories one day was very much a one off for me! I'll try harder this week!

2Bthin ~ Good luck with WW ... when's your first meeting?

beginme ~ Glad your good days are outnumbering the bad ones ... I need to take a lesson from you!!

I'll check-in later to post today's food ... won't bother with the weekends as I had so much I can't remember most of it!!

2Bthinagain
07-14-2008, 08:57 AM
beginme - I'm glad you are having more good days, wish I could say that.

As for me - my plan did not work out so well. Around 8:30 I had plans to get in a little computer time then watch a movie at 9pm...so I could fall asleep okay ...I always need to unwind before bed -- unlike my husband who can do anything then decide he's going to bed and he'll be out fast.

So here I am in my office - then he comes in to chit chat away -- for over an hour! Which was nice -- but it was 9:45 before I got upstairs - which meant no unwind time for me...I missed the start of the movie and ended up taking one of those stupid pills that makes me groggy. Funny that I woke up around 5:40 but of course was too tired to get out of bed. I'm not detered though. I will walk later today and make sure I get it in.

On an unrelated topic:
Extreme Home Makeover is in our town and I'm going over later today to watch!

beginme
07-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Well, I sneaked and got on the scale. I lost 3 lbs. last week!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Hang in there girls, it really does get easier once those good days start outnumbering the bad ones. I can't believe I haven't had ANY candy or sugary treats in an entire week. The cravings aren't as bad as they were at first, but are still there. I'm going to muscle through them and hope that they'll go away in 21 days.

2Bthinagain
07-14-2008, 05:53 PM
beginme - Woo Hoo on the 3 pound loss !!! That's awesome!!!

Amanda - I forgot to post last time - that no I have not tried that cereal but will get some next we're at the store.. You are the fiber expert!! I love all the info you share w/ me!!!

SunshineRunner
07-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Well Ladies - I have some FAB news - I was waiting for the scale to say 158lbs the past couple of days - but it wasn't budging - however, this morning I wake up and it says 157lbs!!! Very Very Exciting. Of course I'm about to go eat mexican food with a friend...so that may be out the window - but we'll keep our fingers crossed!

Ran my 5k last night in 36:23 - so getting close to beating my goal of under 36 minutes. Did some upper body workouts and then felt the need to run another mile - I just couldn't help myself...it was just great fun!

Beginme - congrats on the 3lb loss - don't feel like you are cheating by weighing yourself more than once a month - it is okay to do so!

2bthin - sorry about your bad day yesterday - I am 100% sure that you will figure everything out! How did your walk go?

Well, I gotta jet, I'll catch up later!

SunshineRunner
07-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Where is everyone today? I was absent yesterday so this is payback, right??!!??! :)

Well, the burrito (which by the way, the entire drive the the Mexican restaurant - I was telling myself - get the salad...I failed miserably at doing that) was delicious - as always....but I've already checked out my scale weight this evening (yes, I'm a spastic weigher) and it hasn't effected me - I'm still hanging in at 157lbs. Of course I've been drinking this new tea I bought last week - Caramel Truffle - so I've been peeing all day long - which is great to get the sodium out from the burrito.....

I can't believe I am 2lbs from goal. It's amazing at the gym - honestly - either I'm self absorbed, or there are quite a few guys who check me out every single night. It's fun. Some of them even talk to me - bring up my weightloss, tell me how good I look...heck, one even invited me to run the beach with him one day this weekend...too bad I'm out of town...and too bad I'd be scared to fail miserably at that one!!! Maybe one day soon.

As far as how my weightloss went - there was definitely a pattern - the first few months I lost a bout 10lbs a month. - thru February - so about 5 months. I remember hitting 50lbs lossed because it happened the day I was headed out to go skydiving....after that, the last 20lbs have definitely been here and there. I'd actually (at one point) gone a whole 6 weeks without losing anything...but then the past 4 weeks have been fairly consistent with about 1.5lbs/week. It's just weird how our bodies work. I really wanted to be at least to 155lbs (I may actually readjust my goal down to 145lbs after I hit the first goal I ever set...but seriously...once I hit 155lbs...I'm at goal and another 10lbs can be done as time permits!!!) when my new teaching job starts August 15th and it actually seems like it will happen. :) I don't know if you guys have ever felt this way - but when I was fat, I felt like I lost business and employment due to my looks (I sell real estate right now, but due to slowing market conditions, am picking up the teaching gig)....I remember after having gained the weight, and just graduating college, I'd go to interviews and not get the job...now you just don't know this about me - but if I'm given a challenge...I will 100% of the time win, and do it better than asked of me - so I know I'm a great hire in any field I'd be interested in - but I 100% believe that I lost $$$ from selling real estate and a few of those first job interviews (before real estate) because of my appearance. It's unfortunate but true. This has definitely been one of my motivating factors.

Ahhhh...well just a little rant I decided to go off on.

Due to my burrito laced lunch - I had a Slim Fast for breakfast, hot tea sweetened with Splenda thru the day - a fiber one bar, and will probably keep it light with some high fiber cereal (I have about 5 different kinds to choose from) post gym.....and then maybe something for a treat after that....but who knows....

Hope everyone is well!
~A

beginme
07-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Well, I had a pretty good day today. I'm actually looking for a job right now and it is just TOUGH out there. I've interviewed twice for a position that I really want, but when I spoke to them today, they're still interviewing other candidates.....whatever that means. Part of me still thinks I have a shot, but part of me thinks that if they liked me, they'd just go on and hire me.

Please keep your fingers xxed. Food still pretty good.

SunshineRunner
07-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Good Luck with the job hunt Beginme!

I did really well at the gym - decided I'd do more than my 3.1 miles (5K) and did 4.25 miles in 50:30...less than a 12 minute mile and it definitely felt good to get it out of my system. I'm really getting more and more into my running these days...must be cautious to not over do it! Will be headed to Savannah, GA for Sat/Sun and then to Linville, NC for Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed....so I'll be walking, but not really exercising....

Off to bed....

HongKong - where are you????

Fat in Hong Kong
07-16-2008, 01:16 AM
I'm still here ... just about!:( Glad to hear that everyone else is doing well ... unfortunately, I can't say the same for myself. I'm having real difficulty getting back on track after my over the top weekend. Someone give me a good talking to, please.

2Bthinagain
07-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Amanda - :carrot: woo hoo for being 2 lbs from goal ! I'm not surprised that you ate Mexican and the scale stayed the same. That's great. I don't remember your sky diving story from the past -- you are fearless. I think it's cool that the guys are checking you out in the gym.
:sigh: I remember those days well ! And I also know what you mean about job interviews....when I was a hot chick -- I knew I would get any job I applied for, and I did. Based on my appearance. Yes I was qualified, but I think the appearance sealed the deal. It is sad though isn't it?

Well good news for me -- I woke up at 5:30 and went for a walk. Yes I did !

Now I'm about to shower, get the kids ready and head over to watch Extreme Home Makeover again!

Have a good day girls!

SunshineRunner
07-16-2008, 09:11 AM
2bthin - I went skydiving for a friend's bday in early February - weird thing is that I'm totally afraid of heights, high speeds, roller coasters, etc. It was a great experience - definitely well worth it! I was actually very amazed and woke up early that morning for the 2 hour drive to our drop zone - and when I weighed myself, I was down 50lbs...unexpectedly cause I hadn't been eating too well that week....it sealed the deal for me that I was gonna jump!

Extreme Makeover sounds fun - you should get some pictures of Ty?? I think his name is...he's hot! :) Are the kids enjoying it? Congrats on getting up super duper early and going for your walk. Do you have any clue how long the walk is? Are there any plans to increase distance over time? Or intensity? Either way, I'm just proud that you got up and did it.

I'm crazy exhausted this morning. I ran 4.25 miles (longest ever!) last night and then lifted weights - but I could not for the life of me fall asleep last night. I read a book until about 2am, then tossed and turned for at least another hour. Was up at 6:15am....so you can tell I'm not doing so well right now sleep wise. I'm at work now - then have an appointment at 1pm right after work...but hope to get a nap in before I get to the gym tonight...but we shall see - will probably have to turn off the ringers in order for that to work out in my favor!!!

HongKong - do we need to do some butt kicking around here???? Do you really want to weight what you weigh now a month from now? I don't think so!!! Get back on track, record your calories, focus on the positive and you will get there - it will become second nature - living a healthier lifestyle that is! Plus - you've already lost 3lbs! I just did the math -but you are 5% done with your journey - in just 2 weeks time!! Pretty good if you ask me. Keep your chin up and don't leave us hanging here - or we'll start to talk some crap about you :) j/k!

Okay - I'm going to have a cup of tea and pray for it to wake me up!
~A

beginme
07-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Well, I'm having another good day, girls!! Hong Kong---it just feels SOOOOOOO good to be on track!!! Get back with it, girl!

SunshineRunner
07-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Well Ladies - I'm a little down in the dumps today. I'm hoping it will go away by tomorrow. I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night, no nap later in the day - and am training my replacement at work to no avail (seriously - she's pretty much absent minded)...all this just frustrated me today to the point of my normally calm and collected self (seriously - i get lots of compliments for my positivity in dealing with everyday life - don't get me wrong, i'm no super duper happy girl, but i've learned to deal) well...today I just went over the deep end - I called my friend and our office manager and just went crazy about all the stuff this girl could not do or was not doing in a timely manner or just did wrong. Granted, this is just a part time job in a vet office, it's not difficult, and we are a very small office (5 employees total - including the doc!)...bottom line - this girl has got to be the box of rocks I think she is if I can't handle her. Ugh.

Due to lack of sleep and overstressing today - my workout was difficult. I stuck through it though (even though I kept telling myself I didn't have to!) and did my 3.1 (5K) miles - not a great time, but not awful either....then did weightlifting for the better part of an hour. My jiggly arms are really starting to come together.

Eating was okay today - but I honestly took a melatonin 30 minutes ago and am about to pass out...will check in in the morning.

Good night..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fat in Hong Kong
07-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Hi Ladies - Thanks for the talking to ... you've helped to lift my spirits up!! I know I've been stupid over the past few days ... I'd been really good previously with writing everything down that I'd eaten and posting it everyday, which was a great help ... then the minute I stopped, look what happened! I do feel really, really angry that I've let myself slip and probably undone any progress that I'd already made. Anyway, today is a new day and I'm going to push what's happened out of my mind and just carry on as I should be. I've got a couple of girlfriends coming over for dinner tonight but I've already devised a good healthy calorie counted meal which I intend to stick to!!

Keep up the good work everyone! I'm very impressed with you all ... you seem to be on a roll!! I'm going to try my hardest to join you and not let the side down!!

SunshineRunner
07-17-2008, 12:20 PM
HongKong - glad you are back and getting back in gear. Slip ups happen, this most likely won't be the last. Just don't forget about us - we are here to motivate you - we won't ever judge or frown upon you - although we may kick your butt when necessary :)

2Bthinagain
07-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Amanda - as for my walk - my DH wakes up at 5:30 and leaves the house at 6:30am, so while he is getting dressed and having breakfast -- the kids are still sleeping - that is when I walk...I only have the one hour. Perhaps in time I will try to "jog" -- that's all the more intense I can get.
Did NOT wake up today to do it again though. Why?
Here was my day yesterday:

5:30 am - 6:30am -outside walking
6:30 - 7:30 - getting kids dressed and fed and teeth brushed
7:30 left for Extreme Home Makeover
7:45 get there, park, catch bus (outside)
8am - 9:30 am - outside watching EHM
9:30 - 10 - home for kids to potty and get sunscreen
10 - leave for the pool
10:15 - 11am - swimming lessons (outside)
11AM - home again
11:30 - noon - inhale lunch with kids
Noon - friend with kids arrives
Noon - 4:30 pm - outside with friends and kids
5pm - inhale dinner
6pm - 7pm - baseball practice for one child (outside)
7pm - 8:15 pm - Tball game for another child (outside)
8:30 - home again home again jiggy jig. Kids get bath and in bed by 8:45
9pm - I'm EXHAUSTED !!! - I swear I was outside ALL darn day !!!!

Amanda - sorry about your co-worker - I do not miss those days, that's for sure! Hope it's getting better, especially since you had the chance to vent about it.
Fat in HK - you are NOT stupid !! We're all going thru the same thing. Just look at what Amanda has accomplished! It's not easy -- but we'll all get there!
Beginme -- yippee for another good day!!!

beginme
07-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Well........now it's my turn for a good "talking to". The blasted Reese's Cups won this time. Yikes.

Getting back on program as I type, but I hope I haven't done too much damage.

Hope you ladies are doing better today than I am.

2Bthinagain
07-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Those darn Reeses :devil:

Well tonight I went to my first WW class. Can't see was $39.95 is the fee, seems a bit much ..I'm going to learn as much as I can, figure out my points and we'll see if I keep going to the class or count points on my own.
The interesting thing they said was "never put food in your mouth WHILE you have food in your mouth"...SO many people admitted to not having yet SWALLOWED one bite before they bit into another! Interesting.

Weekend is almost here....company coming in on Friday. Lots of house work to do tomorrow. Have a good weekend everyone!

Fat in Hong Kong
07-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi Ladies,

Had a much better day yesterday ... not great, but much better!! Food-wise I stayed pretty much on track, it was just in the evening when my friends came over for dinner ... and brought wine ... several empty bottles later ... you get the picture!:o Anyway, I'm back in the right frame of mind now, so hopefully no more slip ups ... or at least not for a while anyway!

Amanda ~ You can kick my butt anytime you think I need it!!

2Bthin ~ I feel exhausted just looking at your schedule! Hope all goes well with the WW plan.

beginme ~ Hope you enjoyed the Reese's Cups (whatever they are??) We don't have them in the UK (or HK) but I can imagine it's something nice and naughty!! Hope it was worth it ... a little bit of what you fancy won't hurt. But now, if you've got any left ... get them out of the house!!! ... and don't buy any more!!

Have a good day everyone ... STAY ON TRACK!!;)

TheKel
07-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Just wanted to check in--thanks for the link to the forum, GatorAmanda. I'm on vacation but am heading back home today and plan to start exercising on Monday. (My apartment building has a gym, and I work tomorrow and Sunday.) So until Monday, my workouts are limited to walking my dog, unpacking and doing laundry. (Oh, my glamorous life.)

Anyway, for everyone else, my name's Kelly and I need to lose about 70 pounds, which would put me at 130 pounds. I eat my feelings (food = celebration, consolation and boredom-reliever), which I'm working on. And I'm starting to realize that even if I don't make the absolute healthiest choice, any time I don't make the LEAST healthy choice, that's a victory, too. So I'm excited to start getting back to the gym and getting in better shape. :)

2Bthinagain
07-18-2008, 07:49 PM
TheKel :welcome:

Hong Kong: WHAT? No Reeses over there?? Oh honey your life is not complete! We'll have to mail you some! It's peanut butter covered in chocolate. You can probably see lots of HERSHEY brand goodies at www.hershey.com (I'm guessing that is their website). Yes my schedule is crazy busy - which contributes to not taking the time for myself - the kids keep me on the go-go-go...like tomorrow. One has a baseball game that starts at 11:30 on one side of town, yet the other has a game at noon that starts on the other side of town? Tomorrow I'm sure will be a blast!

Company not coming now until Sunday so I have a little time to finish cleaning.

Not doing so well on my McDonalds coke - but at home I have cut way back on the soda I keep here. Not drinking tons at home anymore. So that is progress.

Where are our daily menus???????

Fat in Hong Kong
07-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Hi Kelly! ~:wel3fc:Looking forward to getting to know you:)

2Bthin ~ Please do not, I repeat, DO NOT under any circumstances mail me any Reeses cups!!!! Actually, now you mention what they are, they do sound kind of familiar ... we get lots of imported stuff from the US/UK, and around Halloween time we have lots of candy goodies from the US, and I do seem to remember some peanut butter chocolate covered thingies from the past ... thank goodness it's only once a year!!

Well done on cutting down on the soda at home ... now all you need to do is take a different route when you're out and avoid Mcdonald's, but I guess that's not so simple!

Sorry about the lack of daily menus, I'll get my act together and start posting mine again ... what about everyone else's??

Have a good weekend everyone!:)

SunshineRunner
07-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Hello Everyone!

:welcome: Kelly - glad you could join us here. You will find lots of support and helpful advice from folks who are going through the same things you are! Just stick around and you will make it!

2bthin - Congrats on cutting back sodas at home - do you think you could reduce the size you get at McD's from a Large to a Medium? That might be a good step in the right direction. I know - there is a huge difference in the size between the two - but it's a habit you are going to have to work at in order to get to where you are going. Just remember - 310 calories!!! Glad that WW is providing you some helpful advice...price sounds steep - but you may find it helpful to have folks in front of you with some of the same issues you are facing. BTW - your schedule is horrendous!!! How the heck do you do it? You definitely need to schedule in some "me time" so you can meditate, exercise, or just take a breather. I know you love your kids - but c'mon.....you aren't showing a lot of love to you!!! You do need to find time for yourself....but I know you will figure that one out!!

HongKong - I definitely won't ship you Reese's Cups - they are so fabulous you just really can't have them around. It's very difficult to stop at one or even at 10. They are fabulous!!!

Beginme - Back to those Reese's - they might just have to be on the "no list" until you've gotten your weightloss down a bit more. I found that when I was heavier and losing more rapidly - that one stupid thing like that would mess up my weight loss - however, now that I'm smaller and losing more slowly - I can eat things like that and they aren't effecting my weight loss.

As for menu's - I can't give y'all one at all cause I'm leaving at 5am for Savannah, GA and then to Linville, NC to visit family. Will be gone until Wednesday when I hope to get home in time to get to the gym. I will have gym access at my Aunt's house in Linville, but who knows how much I'll be able to use it....will be doing a lot of walking and hope to hike in the mountains somewhat.

EVERYONE KEEP IT TOGETHER WHILE I'M GONE!!! I'LL DO SOME SERIOUS BUTT KICKING WHEN I GET BACK IF YOU GUYS AREN'T STAYING ON TRACK!!! I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT I WANT THIS FOR ALL OF YOU JUST AS BAD AS I WANTED IT FOR MYSELF...NOW IF ONLY I COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TO EXERCISE FOR YOU GUYS AS WELL! ;) J/K Have a great time while I'm gone - see you all when I get back...and who knows, maybe we'll have some more newbies when I get back home!

TheKel
07-19-2008, 01:51 PM
I think it's Nabisco but one of those companies has a 100 calorie bag of Reese's snacks. There are some Reese's Pieces and peanut butter chips and a couple crunchy things in there that I don't like as much.

Peanut butter is my heroin, and I was so excited to find a bag of peanut butter snacks that are only 100 calories a pop. And thus far, I've managed to eat one bag at a time.

(This is due more to luck than will power on my part.)

beginme
07-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Well, I haven't done as well the past couple of days, but I'm getting back on track tomorrow.

Hope everyone else had a good day today.

Fat in Hong Kong
07-20-2008, 11:20 PM
I have had a really, really busy weekend. My eating has been all over the place again!! Consequently, I've had a gain:mad:which isn't in the least bit surprising, but all down to my own stupid fault! In a way it's done me a bit of a favour ... it's given me the shock that I need to pull myself back on track properly. I'm not going to alter my ticker as that gain will not be hanging around ... it will be gone by next week!

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Fat in Hong Kong
07-21-2008, 04:59 AM
Ok, I've been giving my eating plan some thought today. Decided that I'm not totally happy with the plan I've been following ... not because of this weeks gain, that was just my fault for overeating and not writing everything down! But basically because I find I have to 'think' too much about the plan ... it's all about food combining, such as if you choose to eat lots of protein one day, you're limited to the amount of carbs you can eat, and vice versa. Which is actually great in the respect that you never really feel hungry, but it is all too easy to overeat on it.

Anyway, I've decided to go back to counting calories, pure & simple. I know I said previously that I can become a bit obsessive about it, but at least I'll be able to keep track more easily with regards to how much I am actually eating.

Who else is doing calorie counting? I've checked out a few websites with regards to how many calories I should be consuming each day, and although they varied slightly, it seems that around 1600 per day is what I should be allowing to start off with. I've bought myself a new note book and I've started tracking again properly today, so we'll see how it goes ......

2Bthinagain
07-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Hey girls - we've had company the last several days and I am about to run off to take kids to swim lessons - I'll catch up on all of your posts later today and write again.
As for me - I'm back in a funk - mental - but I'll get over it. I just need to cheer up and remember Disney is just 2 months away!

SunshineRunner
07-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! I'm back from my vacation to Savannah, GA & Linville, NC - I had a great time and really enjoyed myself. I ate lots of rich foods, but within reason. I also stayed active my entire trip with walking around and hiking mountains. It was a great time.

I was afraid that while away that I may gain a pound or two, cause I wasn't getting in the fiber I normally do, but I actually lost a pound - I woke up this morning at 156lbs! Yay! I certainly didn't know that could happen!

Well, I hope everyone gets back on track and joins me in this journey of a lifetime! Missed you all and thought of you often!

I'll get some photos for everyone later...

beginme
07-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Hey everyone.....I'm still off program and eating like cr@p. Fat in HK, when I am on program, I do calorie counting. It really does work.......if you stick with it. I'm hoping to get back ON program next week. Monday's always a good day isn't it?

SunshineRunner
07-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Good Morning Everyone! It's almost August and I see a few of us aren't checking in as much as we were....I hope you all find yourselves back on track and back in this forum. Believe it or not, the support here is what keeps all of us on track. :)

Beginme - what's wrong with getting back on track today? I know my mother doesn't start anything new unless it's a monday (supersticious -sp???) but since you've already started this - and just fell off a little teensy weensy bit, it's not like you are starting something new, just restarting something old! Each day you wait - is one more day with the WEIGHT! Just a thought that crossed my mind this morning!

2bthin - YOU can do it!!! Gosh - I really don't have a clue how the heck you keep up with your busy life - no wonder focusing on weightloss is so difficult - but you'll find your rhythm one day soon and you'll never look back. And you'll be 70 some odd pounds lighter! Disney - you can lose probably 15-20lbs by then...c'mon - get back in gear and on the wagon. It's one we can never completely fall off of if we plan on being healthy for the rest of our lives!

HongKong - I'm a calorie counter. Although I am at the point now that I don't have to count the actual calories going in because I eat pretty routinely and know what I'm eating - but when I started calorie counting, I did it in conjunction with a Slim Fast shake for breakfast every day - it just made it easier for me. I also started out at 1200 calories per day....but found that I could still lose significantly at around 1400 calories per day. Right now I eat somewhere between 1200-1400 calories per day - but also find myself eating upwards of 2000 calories about once a week and still seeing losses. However, when I was in the height of my weightloss, I was very strict at recording all my meals at www.thedailyplate.com and watching my sodium/fiber/protein intakes to make sure they were all on track - seriously - this is one of the big things that kept me losing - keeping a log at TDP - it was easy enough to do and I always knew that when I went off plan that it would show - and it nearly always did. I love calorie counting and highly recommend it - but find that you have to get good healthy calories and good filling calories into your diet every day in order for it to work as well as it did for me.

TheKel - how are things going for you? I hope you are keeping busy eating on plan and getting in some good exercise.

Speaking of exercise - I know you ladies haven't fully committed to it yet - and I started losing weight by first starting an exercise plan that I could stick to and then changing my eating habits. I don't know - I guess I just did it in reverse of everyone else. When I joined the gym, I was only going 2 nights per week and was barely able to do 5 minutes on the elliptical without huffing and puffing. I used the elliptical because it was easy on my knees, and it kinda feels like running....but over time I strengthened up, lost a bunch of weight, and moved over to the treadmill - where as many of you now know, I run 5 nights a week and do at least a 5k. I'm hoping to work my way up to 10k by the end of the year....that will be difficult, but I want to race competitively. I also lift weights for about 45 minutes/night.....in any case - I guess I lost my train of thought on this here - but what I wanted to say was - get out there and get exercising. Once you've lost the weight - you don't want to be what many consider "skinny fat" - the scale says one thing, but your pant size says another. Toning up the body is key to getting the figure we all so desire...I hope you all get out there and just start walking more or doing a dvd or even join the gym - whatever works for you and your lifestyle!

On another note - I have a crush on a very very nice looking man at the gym. He's native american, 37 years old, divorced father of one child....of course, I was a spy in another life and he didn't tell me this info - but I found it in public records...gosh, I Know, I'm a freak. In any case, he started speaking to me about 3 weeks ago and he waits for me to be done with my workout and walks me out of the gym. He's given me lots of compliments (he's been working out with me since the beginning of my WL) and I find him checking me out in the mirrors all the time...of course I'm doing the same to him. He has a body to die for and is actually working at gaining weight! He's nice and kind and just "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". In any case, he hasn't asked me to go out or anything - albeit when we first started talking, he mentioned that we should run the beach together sometime - and last week when I left for vacation - he told me to be safe quite a few times on my trip and hugged me unexpectedly....I know, I'm probably reading way too far into this...but he even pointed out the moon one night last week and said that it was romantic looking!!!! Gosh, I just don't know what to do....I asked him last night as we were walking out what he was doing for the weekend - thereby giving him ample opportunity to ask me to do something...but he didn't - although he did state "i'll be here tomorrow around 11 or 12" and I said that I worked until noon so I couldn't be there that early - and he said, well maybe 1 or 2 then....so clearly he likes my company...but not enough to ask me to do something...in any case, I'll keep you all posted on this if you are interested. Also - neither of us normally works out on the weekends - but now I have to since he mentioned it!!! Hopefully we both get there at similar times so that we can chitty chat a lot! :)

Ugh! Enough of that - thanks for listening ladies!

Talk to you all soon!
~A

TheKel
07-26-2008, 12:30 PM
So far so good. I lost another pound (down to 197). :) I did realize that I was getting pretty obsessive (not so much here, but on my other blog and with friends) and I was like, "You know, I can't make this diet my whole life." Because I hadn't lost a pound in days and I started feeling awful and discouraged and it's like, ohhhhh, I suck.

So, long story short (too late!), I resolved to continue to make healthy food choices and go to the gym as often as possible, but to stop guilt-tripping myself if I skipped a day or only had two glasses of green tea or whatever. So I'm re-excited about the diet and about (hopefully) not feeling bad about myself anymore. :) Because that's the whole point of this diet, and by the end of last week, I was just feeling worse.

(Also, about your spy days? I do that too. Don't feel bad or freakish.) ;) Good luck with the gym guy! I want to meet someone too--hence part of this weight loss goal. Because right now, the thought of someone seeing me naked? Well. Not a good thought. :)

TheKel
07-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Oh, and I also joined the Daily Plate. I think it'll be really helpful. :) Thank you for the tip.

SunshineRunner
07-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Kel - congrats on the weight loss!!! TDP is a life saver - I swore by it during my weight loss.....also, I do love being a spy....although I do feel a bit of a freak for doing it - but its just a quick search thru public records to see if a man is crazy or a wife beater! Nothing wrong with that, right? :) Sooooo..went to gym today as gym guy stated he'd be there and so I went to workout even though I normally take Saturdays off...well he mentioned going to the beach (we live on the east coast of FL) and I had said - yes, it's gorgeous out today....and he asked me to go with him once he was done with his workout...well...I said, we'll see....went about my workout...then decided that I would go - so I stopped by to see him - told him I'd meet him back at the gym after a quick shower and dog walking - so I was back in about 30 minutes - we headed over in separate cars - I thought that was odd...but whatever...in any case...we just walked, talked, then got in the water - which btw, was a big feat in itself as he is ripped - like seriously and handsome and why the heck would he want to see me in a bikini...wouldn't he be disguisted?? Well, apparently he wasn't...we got in the water, waves crashing - kept our fair distance from each other - but I kept falling from the waves...he grabbed my foot and then grabbed the other and said "here, I'll hold you" and proceeded to wrap both my legs around him (okay...starting to feel like a soap opera here!)...in any case, i laid back and floated while he held my legs...then would sit up and he'd hold me up....then back and forth just chitty chatting the day away for about 2 hours straight without getting out of the water....well...no kiss...which is preferable for me as I'd like to take this slow as I'm just getting out of a 6 year relationship....although I could tell he wanted to...but I think he knew it would be better to drag things like that out.....ok...well...that's about it - but it was extremely fun, romantic, sexy (gosh he's beautiful!) and all the good things - needless to say, I'll be sleeping well and having sweet dreams tonight! Gush.

Okay - enough of my soap opera....

On to weightloss - I've made my goal. I actually surpassed it over night and now weigh in at 154lbs!!!! Soooo...I've got to get photos up in the goal area and what not...I will work on that this week.

Oh - one last bit of soapy goodness - when we were parting ways - he said "i really like the way your body feels in my hands" now, either I'm a sucker or he's really romantical :) Gosh....I'm in trouble now!
~A

TheKel
07-27-2008, 08:50 AM
And to think, in your LAST POST, you thought you were reading too much into it! Wow, though, that sounds so promising. :) And I will be living vicariously through you, I think. ;)

Thanks. :) It's going slower than I'd like, but three pounds in a week is pretty awesome. :) I think I just want to wake up and look like I did when I was 21, which won't happen. (Seriously, though--you'd think someone would invent some sort of magic pill or something.)

SunshineRunner
07-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Can we have a party in this forum? I'd like one. I'm at 154lbs for two days in a row! I've surpassed my goal unexpectedly (isn't that how everything happens?) and I'd like a party. :) Hee hee! Can't wait to get my act together to take some photos and post them in the goal thread!

Kel - glad you are going to enjoy living vicariously through me for this new gym guy thing. I'm so smitten that I'll definitely be yapping about him for quite some time.....we'll just have to see how it goes...aaaaaaahhhhhh!

3lbs in one week is really awesome! My entire weight loss took exactly 10 months and I lost 73lbs during that time....I lost most of it at the begining, and the last 20lbs were definitely stretched out...but heck, 3lbs in one week is beyond excellent!!!

Where is everyone else? Come join my party. We need more than just me and Kel to party. Gosh. :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend, I did!

TheKel
07-28-2008, 10:28 AM
I think we should definitely have a party! Congratulations on losing all the weight (and then some). :) That's fantastic and now that I'm dieting, I know exactly how hard you worked.

beginme
07-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Congrats on making...no wait....beating goal!! You must be so pumped up! I'm doing better. Not perfect, but better.

SunshineRunner
07-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Hello Everyone! I had a great workout tonight! Was at the gym for a little bit over 2 hours and just worked hard at not only my run of 3.5 miles, but also lifted a ton of weights...it felt good...I always lift weights, but now that I'm at goal, I'm planning on lifting more so I can tone it up some more. I mean...don't get me wrong, the working out has definitely helped and I've done it my entire journey...so I've definitely shaped up well, but my underarms and my belly could use some more work...my legs look nice, but I want them to look excellent....so basically I'm in it for the fit look now....but I'm already getting lots of compliments!

Well, I'm off to bed, have a very long day tomorrow!
~A

SunshineRunner
07-29-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure where everyone is....

but I posted my goal story and here is the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147681

I'll be putting it in my signature line shortly....hope everyone is doing well!
~A

TheKel
07-29-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm currently doing my best to stay away from the vending machines, but I've lost four pounds now. :)

beginme
07-29-2008, 10:54 PM
So inspiring to have reached goal!!!!! I'm still struggling, but not giving up!!

SunshineRunner
07-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Kel - just don't bring any cash with you and then you can't get into the vending machines...or bring healthy snacks with you...they really do work! I usually always have available - cut apples and fiber one bars. Especially fiber one bars - they are sooo excellent for you (unless you count sugars) and can be kept at work or in your purse at all times. I love love love them and feel as though they are one of the things that kept me on track when I was starved, driving down the road, and really wanted to pull into a fast food joint!

Beginme - I'm glad I can inspire you - don't give up! I'm still here and still working hard at maintaining and toning....and learning...that's one of the biggest keys to this journey...it's just a helluva learning process! You can do this!

~A

TheKel
07-30-2008, 09:56 AM
I will look for those fiber one bars. I usually don't have cash, but I did yesterday. (I didn't go to the vending machine, by the way.)

SunshineRunner
07-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Good job not going to the vending machine...btw, the chocolate fiber ones are my favorite - they have peanut butter which I don't think is peanut buttery enough and caramel which I hear tastes like butterscotch...they also have apple cinnamon I think and I tried it but the chocolate just kicks its butt!!!

TheKel
07-30-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm going to Chipotle tonight. But according to the Daily Plate, I can do it and not wreck my caloric limits. And I seem to have a cold brewing, so yay for food I can taste.

I'm going to try and save half of my burrito bol for tomorrow's lunch, too. We'll see. :)

SunshineRunner
07-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Kel - thankfully I live 3 hours from Chipotle!!! :) I do love it though. Caloric-wise you should be fine...but make sure you drink lots of water today and tomorrow in order to not have water retention - there is tons of sodium in all the food you eat "out" so that is your best bet!

TheKel
07-30-2008, 07:28 PM
I did a comparison of the fast food places near me--fortunately, I don't like cheese or sour cream and I already get burrito bols, so my Chipotle is (relatively) healthy. It's 613 calories. Compared to 927 from Wendy's, 1000 from McDonalds and 1500 from Burger King. (Granted, those are all with french fries and sodas, but still. Ouch.) I spent a LOT of time that night apologizing to myself. ;)

2Bthinagain
07-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Hey everyone - I know I've been MIA quite a bit...it's just one thing or another. The summer is crazy busy with swim lessons, and baseball, and people coming to visit, just tons and tons of stuff.
I really don't have much new to report other than I tried a new salad yesterday - and I do not like avocados (sp???). YUCK!
As for the weight - still a fat chick - still at the all time high...and yes I'm pathetic.
So glad to see so many new friends on the thread.
And Amanda --- WOO HOO to you girlfriend!!!! I'm really thrilled...you are really an inspiration.:celebrate:

TheKel
08-01-2008, 01:02 PM
I lost another pound (five in total) and I tried on a pair of size sixteen jeans and they fit comfortably. But they were the stretchy, relaxed fit kind. Then I tried on a real pair of size sixteen jeans and they fit too. Not comfortably. At all. But I bet in another few pounds, they will. :)

Okay. I'm really happy to be seeing real signs of progress. :)

2Bthinagain
08-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Okay seriously - where is everyone?

TheKel - congrats on your 5lb loss :carrot: