Support Groups - The Cowpower is turned back on

View Full Version : The Cowpower is turned back on

Wabby
06-07-2008, 02:50 AM
Somebody must have forgotten to pay the light bill around here......... Oh, if you read above, there was a server crash and we need to reconstruct the last 2 weeks............

SugP
06-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Oh noes! All our scintillatin' posts are GONE! Oh well, we'll just have to start over.

Hi Wabs, how are ya? I'm fine.

Kiwonk
06-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Wow, I lost 3 weeks of my life, what will I do? Seriously, sometimes I think I should be archiving my posts because I can't remember anything from one week to the next. I have been known to search my own posts to try to figure out when I did something. My brain is enslaved to the computer. I am Borg. (obscure Star Trek reference)

My datter is busy packing with the help of her BF. She doesn't need my help, but his is indispensible. This is a good thing, right? It's just hard for me not to meddle.

My step-dad is in the hospital, with a serious abcess that may require surgery. Meanwhile my mom is recovering from hip replacement surgery and was released into the health care center at her retirement complex, for several days of rehab. My sis still has a few days of teaching left and is trying to juggle the kids and the parents. I'm thinking of flying down and giving a hand. I want to and I don't want to. I can't even think of leaving until after DD does, that would break my barely still together brain. So maybe Monday. Oy.

Peachie, did you tell me what program DS is doing? I remember the one he was going to do, but this is different, what?

I'm thinking of taking an online course called "The Keys to Effective Editing" -- I figure that editing is something I'm good at so if I take a course in it, maybe I can actually do something with it. I know, I'm a lame-o. But I've got to do something productive. And sorting my seasonal clothes just isn't cutting it.

Here's what I did during the 3fc crash, should I need to remind myself at a future date: I returned from Los Angeles, and regaled you all with tales of my travels. Oh yeah, and a lovely peecture. See? I'm remembering stuff. Then I went to the state democratic convention, which I also posted about. So basically I finally did something interesting, posted about it and crashed the site. Tada!

How about you?

Kiwi

Bagzz
06-08-2008, 08:50 PM
wowo!!! that was weird!!! i thought you had all gone off and left me in the hudda fields!!! i cannot believe the last three weeks---three graduations and a wedding !!! i am sooooooooo tired---and tired of being tired----i simply cannot stay up late anymore!!! last night i went to a wedding an hour away from home up the moose highway---dd 22 and i went and stayed over night at my friend's place---aunt of the bride----she was in charge of closing up the residence ===it was held at the university---SO we got home around two thirty---and dd had to be to work at the golf course at eight am!!!| so we had a fifty minute drive ----i slept on a pull out couch from about three til SIX and then drove her to work----all day long i have been a zombie---she worked twelve hours and has now gone out with her sisters for dinner and hanging out and partying----GOOD LORD---HOW DO THEY DO THAT!!!---truth be known---i was once able----anyway,enough about ME!!_---glad that wabs started up the cowpower---and i feel your pain kiwi---with dd heading off in all directions----i didn't like it at all---it's hard---you are so happy for them but sad for you----well,i guess if i survived an EIGHT MONTH trip to denmark---we can manage somehow i guess---it's hard to believe that i didn't lay eyes on jo for that long-----the internet really makes you feel closer and you don't realize how great it is until someone is really far away------ahhhhhhhhhhhh igottagotobeeeedddddddddddd===see yassssssss

Cowpernia
06-09-2008, 12:45 AM
I think I remember that Bagz would not fly at one time. Now, she's all over the globe. Denmark, watch out. I think she'll make it one of these days.

DS is in a math internship at the University of West Florida. He got there today. There are 8 students .. 5 boys and 2 girls and 1 girl on the way. He seems happy about it. They went to dinner at a Thai restaurant. For two weeks, they'll be in rigorous sounding classes then spend six weeks doing research with an assigned professor. The study is in a biology area and I think it's breast cancer.

I am so stressed out. I snapped snapped snapped at an annoying woman today. Not a customer, a fellow employee. Two days ago, I was called on my way home from work and told that I had a check missing. Also, I was $100 short. Then they said, "No, you're only $5 off but the check is missing." Did I know where the check is? Well, no, the only place I put checks is into a drawer with a lock and I carry the key. "Did I hand it back to the customer?" Well, that's possible but how could I say "Oh, yes, I did!" Who would do that and remember it? So they "tore the office apart .... put me down $354 short which is the check plus $100." Next day, I looked under the D*****D drawer and there was the check. I did not sleep all that night.

Our new boss wants people trained for more stuff and I just feel like I'm not being trained by most people but partially trained by others and I'm SO confused.

My immediate questions about Kiwiette's summer:
1. Where is she housed?
2. Roommates?
3. They pay transportation?
4. What will she be doing?
5. Did she consider how freaked out we'd all be by this choice of major?

SugP
06-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Reasons why my tiny life sucks right now:

I washed a bunch of whites and a red got in there.
the top shelf and the clothing rod in my closet fell right on my head today - completely ripped out of the wall and everythings's all over the floor.
I think I have an umbilical hernia, you know, like babies get. No joke. I was ripping out bushes on Saturday and now I have a weeeeeeird pain in my belly button and it feels like there's something in there. Eeeew. Making dh go to the doctor with me this afternoon. Not looking forward to diagnosis. If you don't hear from me it means I have gone under the kniferoonie. Ugh.
Am still fatter'n all get out.

SugP
06-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Well, forget all that. The doc says it's only a teeny tiny hernia and will probably go away by itself, no need to operate at the moment. But he said if I start having constant stabbing pain I should get myself to emergency pronto. How helpful. At least now I have an excuse not to carry around those heavy laundry baskets.

Cowpernia
06-09-2008, 03:14 PM
When will it go away? Did he say?

How did Kiwiette get to DC? She's gone, right? Did Kiwi go, too? I feel subhuman because of stressful holdings. Really, I feel that I'm pulled apart. My neighbors has a weinerdog/hound mix that thinks my yard is hers. They don't fence her and we live on a county highway. Anyway, they leave her outside and when she sees me, she barks and growls and approaches running. If I call to her, she yelps and runs home, only to return immediately.

DS just called. There are 4 male/4 female in the program. Very good, I think. Politically correct.

SugP
06-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Politically correct is good. Also good so they can pair up if they go out on the town. Nothing like being the third wheel.

Sounds like you need to introduce that wiener dog to some tasty snacks so he'll love U 4 ever.

Doc didn't say it would go away, only that he hoped it wouldn't get bigger. Hmm. We shall see. I'm trying not to cough or sneeze or make any sudden movements. Weird feeling. Like somene constantly poking you in the belly button. Much like FaceBook.

Here's some jokes I found while googling "umbilical hernia". You may laugh for me because I'm afraid to.

A mushroom walked into a bar and ordered a drink. The bartender harshly replied, "We don't serve you kind here!"

"Why not?" asked the mushroom. "I'm a fungi." :carrot:

Snow White took her camera to Wal-Mart's photo develop center and went shopping for a while. When she came back, the clerk told her, "Sorry Miss White, but we lost your photos." As she began to cry, the clerk panicked and hastily reassured her,

"Please don't cry! Someday your prints will come.":broc:

SOCK!

Cowpernia
06-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Great jokes, I think. Just the thing to heal a hernia, too.

I hear thunder. It's not raining. I'm telling myself, half-heartedly, that I'm going to FWB to the ashram for a class with the swami. But ... I'm so so so blah.

Where is Bagz? I need her counsel. Or PAINTY .. a real counselor. Where or where can they be?

OK: I want to put jokes here, too.:

How do crazy people go through the forest?
They take the psycho path.

How does a spoiled rich girl change a lightbulb?
She says, "Daddy, I want a new apartment."

What has four legs, is big, green, fuzzy, and if it fell out of a tree would kill you?
A pool table.

SugP
06-09-2008, 05:11 PM
LOVE the pool table one. Even chuckled a bit. Hope I don't explode.

Yes, where IS Bagzie? She knows everything.

Kiwonk
06-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Um, hello. Where is my post? I sat in bed last night typing up a long post; I commiserated with Sugar, I blabbed on for several paragraphs. I did. I know I did. It is not here. Please do not tell me I forgot to hit Submit. Perhaps we should request that Suzanne put big red pulsing buttons at the bottom of the post for those of us who are too braindead to hit the send button.

I am in ****'s Underarm. Oh I'm sorry, N. C. I mistook all this beastly heat and humidity for someplace else. I spent the morning looking after my sister's youngest who was too sick to go to school today, then I spent all afternoon moving my parents out of their respective hospital like settings back into their home. At one point I got in a car that had been sitting out in the sun for a few hours and the temperature read 111. It is not fit for human activity, that's for sure.

Hope Sugar is on the mend? Or is that too optimistic?

My sister is singing. With hand gestures. While she does the dishes.

DD is safely in her internship program. She was sworn in as a member of the Executive Branch of the Government yesterday. She loves the program, it seems.

I'm not sure I get the whole concept of the Peachboy's math internship where they do medical research, but I clearly don't have a clue about higher math -- I asked DD's bf what he is taking next fall for classes and I couldn't understand half of what he was saying :lol:

Talk atcha later
kiwi

Bagzz
06-11-2008, 11:59 PM
be careful down there kiwonk---i heard there are tornadoes all over the us-----you too peach and wabs----we even had some tornado warnings in upper nb this past weekend----

Cowpernia
06-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Kiwidd is part of our government?? Is her life sort of like West Wing now?

I still want to know her living arrangements and who else is in the program.

Cowpernia
06-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Why is no one posting? Is there a good excuse?

Kiwonk
06-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Yes, I think DD's summer is going to be exactly like The West Wing. She even has her own cubicle at the FBI. She is staying at and taking classes at George Washington Univ. She has a dining card to cover her whole summer that she can use all over the place. It comes to $20/day. Also she has a metro card for public transportation. It's a sweet deal. What I didn't know until she started the program is that this is the first year that it has run. Although it has been 3 years in the making. So there are a few kinks to work out, like getting all the clearances needed for their work. She actually has Top Secret Clearance :eek: Weird.

It's a little less horribly hot today. My sis and I went to a neighbor's house for her Ladies Bible Class Circle meeting tonight. There was wine, snacks and swimming in a lovely salt-water pool. The only requirement was to bring a favorite bible verse. :chin: I brought Proverbs 27:14. It seemed appropriate.

My parents are doing well. Mom is getting around no problem in spite of the walker. She'll probably be back driving and off the walker in less than a month. My stepdad is somewhat problematic. He seems to be on the mend with what sent him to the hospital, but is still having wide swings in his blood pressure. He says that absolutely everything is very very hard to do. He who did gardening the same afternoon I brought him home from the hospital. :shrug: Not exactly a complainer.

Oh I forgot to answer your other question. Who is in the program. Mostly college students, a few high school students who are completely fluent in Arabic and at least one recent college graduate with previous experience interning for the FBI. 20 in all.

:wave:

Kiwonk
06-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Another thing I forgot to tell you, Peaches, Dooce is vacationing in your neck of the woods. Perhaps you have never been a fan of dooce, but I am. If she was vacationing in my neck of the woods I would go see her. Because I think she's very cool. And her daughter is very photogenic. She is visiting the beach town of D____ and today she went parasailing. The internet is a very strange thing.

Wabby
06-13-2008, 01:47 AM
Peaches, the only excuse I have for not posting is a total snorefest of a life.

What I've been doing lately........ Painting a couple canvasses w/ Vincent and the almost-done-baking-baby's name (Brody)..... kind of like these http://www.shopsmallwords.com/index2.php?v=v1 ..... and shopping for my friend's new baby girl, Ella.... and of course I had to buy something for each of my babies too, and I baked a birthday cake for my nephew and celebrated by eating too much pizza.... and hosting a birthday bbq for my son in law last weekend, and I'm going to my niece's hi skool graduation next Saturday...... oh, and trying to figure out what my plan is for the rest of my life..... and sewing the new baby's crib bed skirt and window valance, plus a bunch more bibs and burp cloths. My son's gf is due any time now. She's a teeny little thing w/ a round little beach ball tummy. DS and she have asked me if I'd babysit one day a week.... I'm considering..... ha - you know I'll say yes.

My niece who is now living w/ me is doing really well. So far, so good, anyway. I went w/ her last week to watch her daughter (my great niece) perform in dance & drill team.... my word, the girls never moved like that when I went to school in the dark ages. :o

Kiwi, DD will make a lovely Mata Hari. So, you're saying she won't tell even her mother all the Top Secrets??? That would be weird.

Bagzie, we don't generally get tornadoes here. We have volcanoes instead. The last eruption was the year DD was born, so I don't spend too many sleepless nights over it.

Kiwonk
06-13-2008, 02:48 AM
Those canvasses are really cool, Wab. I want to see what Vincent's and the new baby's look like!!! I wish I could do something like that. I can letter pretty well, but I just don't have an artistic bent to be able to put together something good looking like those.

ta

Cowpernia
06-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Wow. Exciting summer for Kiwiette. DS's program only pays a little more than $100 per week for food. Maybe food is cheaper here? He seems to have no idea where the four girls live or what they do but the guys went to a jazz festival and parade so far with canoeing in the near future. With a kid like DS, it's always been a goal to get him around people "like him" and this seems to be happening now. By "like him" I mean with similar reasoning abilities and who value things like correct spelling.

Wabbo also is having a good productive summer. I wish I had a sweet niece to come live with me. The canvases look fun.

Never heard of Dooce before but will look for her in the store. She has to shop in our store so I've probably already sold her a lottery ticket. When will she leave?

Cowpernia
06-13-2008, 10:20 AM
DS and his roommates went out yesterday and returned to find their apartment flooded.

Me: What part was flooded?

DS: the bathroom and kitchen. A toilet was stopped up.

Me: What did you do?

DS: Well, we had a mop but no wringer so there wasn't much we could do.

Me: I would suggest throwing down all the towels you all have, wringing them out and throwing them down again til the water is off the floor.Then wash the towels.

DS: The towels are soaking up the water. (Apparently this takes hours or days or something.)

Me: Just throw them down, get them wet and wring the water out in the sink. Then put them back down. Do this over and over.

End of conversation.

Wabby
06-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Peaches! your boy's story gave me a giggle. What would they do without their mothers?

I've finished Brody's canvas except for spraying it w/ a coat of matte sealer. It turned out soooo cute! It didn't take any talent, Kiwi. In fact the lettering was even a cheat. I enlarged the font on my word program to 350 (you go to the highest size, highlight it, then type in 350 manually and it will make it huge if you want) then I used carbon paper to transfer it to the canvas. The colors I used were hijacked from his bedding (I made the crib quilt too) so whoever designed the print in the fabric did that job for me. Now I'm working on Vincent's, but the colors in his bedding are more muted, so I hope it turns out as well.

The good news here is that the sun is finally shining. The bad news is that I don't fit into my summer clothes. It depresses me, so I think I'll go have a little snack to make me feel better.

Cowpernia
06-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Wabby, I don't have any delusion that the towels are not still on the floor sopping wet. He had no interest in my stupid ideas.

You made the crib quilt??? Have we seen it??? I don't think so!!

I don't fit into anything but elastic waists. What to do?

Kiwonk
06-14-2008, 01:54 AM
All my shorts have elastic waists. Well, all the shorts that fit. There's a big surprise. DS's sopping towels made me laugh too. I remember that most boys that age were completely clueless too. And yet somehow appealing.

Speaking of appealing, my nephews and niece are adorable, have I ever mentioned that? The oldest boy had gotten very dark-haired and is quite a strikingly handsome boy; the middle one has this rock hard athlete-type body and is cuter than the day is long with his 2 giant front teeth. Then the little girl who just turned five, with her very cute blonde curls and big brown eyes -- it's a good thing she's cute because she has the most demanding, loudest voice EVER. We all went to the lake today to go swimming and hang out on the beach. It was hot hot hot. Swimming was nice, but the sun was hot hot hot. I'm tahrrrrd.

You make that project sound downright plausible, Wabbit. Did you have to stretch the canvas or did you buy it all mounted?

I have to help my stepfather buy a new TV tomorrow. I think it's going to be a day for patience and teeth grinding.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
06-14-2008, 02:06 AM
here is the blog i was talking about dooce (http://http://www.dooce.com/2008/06/09/you-aint-been-pucked-til-you-been-fud-pucked) I can't really type my puter is on my belly and jiggles a lot. nnight nght

Cowpernia
06-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Yes, I found dooce all by myself just by typing in her name.

Update on DS: the water is off the floor. Maintenance people came and fixed the toilet, made all the burners on the stove work and gave them another shower head so they didn't have to unscrew the one and move it back and forth from bathroom to bathroom. He came home yesterday for a few hours to pick up stuff. He seems to be in nerd heaven.

SugP
06-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Wabby, I don't have any delusion that the towels are not still on the floor sopping wet. He had no interest in my stupid ideas.

But at least he can spell!! Good to know that all is nearly perfect in nerd heaven now. I bet he's going to have the time of his life.

Hey, wait a minute - did they change our category on us? I had trouble getting here from my usual link and found us on page 2. Weird.

Just spent two days packing ds15's stuff for Outward Bound in Austria. I would have let him do it himself, but he is 15, you know? They have a 7 hour train trip in front of him and we're giving him lots of snacks so he doesn't starve.

Cowpernia
06-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Page 2? What is that? I couldn't find the thread, either, without linking to it.

Where is Bagzzzz??? Should I call her? Maybe she can't find us either.

Kiwonk
06-16-2008, 01:26 AM
How about that? I had this thread on my User CP, but it looks like we have been moved to Support Groups. I don't know; I don't feel like a support group, do you?

I only have one more day here in Hotland. I think I got sunburned yesterday; I felt like carp all day today. I've done a lot of little things for my parents, plus hung out with the niece and nephews here at my sister's. They are sooo much work -- I'm not even sure whether I'm talking about my parents or my sister's kids. Sitting around at my parents' house makes me just want to go to sleep, whereas the kids are exhausting in an entirely different way.

DD is having a great time apparently. She left an update on her facebook that says "having a great time working for the Man". She is apparently as much in her element as Peach's DS is.

Outward Bound sounds very exciting. Will he be wearing leather shorts?

I forgot to bring my camera here. Today we had Father's Day dinner at my parents' place -- my sis and I brought everything with us to cook. We made a gorgeous scalloped potato casserole. She put sprigs of fresh rosemary on top before it baked: it really was a piece of art. We "borrowed" my dad's camera and took a picture of it. I'm sure he will be somewhat puzzled when he downloads his photos to his computer and finds potatoes.

Talk atcha soon
Kiwi

Kiwonk
06-16-2008, 01:43 AM
Okay, I guess I get it. I can't remember where Misc. groups was before, hadn't it been right under Support Groups for a while? But anyway they seem to have done away with the Misc. heading and put us all on the Support Group page, but on the bottom half under the large groups. But there are so many miscellaneous threads that we are drifting to the 2nd page until someone posts. Now we are on the first page again. The best way to find it is to subscribe to the thread (under thread tools) and go to your User CP page.

Cowpernia
06-16-2008, 10:24 PM
ok, i found it by searching for my name.

How can I tell if the power was off for hours today? The house was at 82 when I got home. I turned the a/c off and on and technical stuff like that and now it's down to 80 so I guess it's cooling off. But when I got home, the air coming out didn't feel cool. Felt like air when the window is down in the car.

I am so depressed. My new 26-yo boss never smiles or says hello or anything at all. He had told me that everyone in the "office" had to learn the whole office or be removed from the office. I thought that was ok as I'd like to learn . Today. I asked him if I'd be trained and he said "I don't know. Honestly, I don't know how long you'll be up here." I asked why and he cocked his head and repeated "Why?" So .. once again I have a boss who hates me (although this one hates many) and I have no clue why. De Pr Es Se D.

Kiwonk
06-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Oh man, another sucky boss? That....sux. Have DS go in and beat him up for you.

We've been watching old Dharma and Greg episodes here at Chez Sis. Funny.

I'm leaving at 6:45 tomorrow am so I'd better get to bed. Tata See you at the home front, where the dialup is slow, but the house is mucccccccccchhhhh quieter. :(

Oh, and I'll have to restart that healthy diet again :o Eek. We went out to dinner tonight to a place where kids eat free and they had an appetizer special if you bought 2 entrees (we bought 3) -- this is something I've never seen before and probably should never see again -- it was a giant pile of homemade potato chips topped with nacho cheese and salsa. Scary.

Of course it was good. Why do you ask? :lol:

Kiwi

SugP
06-17-2008, 04:45 AM
I love Dharma and Greg! That appetizer sounds wild. I actually saw a Martha Stewart recipe for something called potato nachos where you substitute oven-baked potato wedges for the tortilla chips.

My post from yesterday got eate. There was even a YouTube link to lederhosen-wearing men. Maybe 3fc's deleted it?

Peachy - when our power goes off the digital clocks go all blinky. You got any of those? The new boss sounds AWFUL. Why would he say something like that? You need to find his weak spot or his soft spot or something and poke him good and hard.

I think Bagz is probably busy with her 17 kids and 168 loads of laundry.

Cowpernia
06-17-2008, 07:41 AM
They painted our building "ginger glow" which looks a lot like "nacho cheese."

No. The clock in the bedroom was right. The kitchen one was blinky but usually is. The house cooled down but it's weird. I don't need something else to worry about.

I know. I really hate him. He never smiles. Never greets his employees. I don't know at what point he decided he didn't like me, but I do recall him asking someone else (asst manager) what I was doing when I was standing right there and he could have asked me. Even the people who really really did not like our former boss, wish he were back. He has taken a young man who was a bagger, made him a cashier and two weeks later is making him office staff. To replace me, maybe. It's not like he didn't deserve it because he's worked there a long time and earned it and does a good job but it's just the quickness of the boss' decisions. I am stresssssssssssssed.

I went to the ashram yesterday. I totally like the swami but find myself not liking myself there as I keep thinking some of the other people are pretty dumb and full of themselves. Like the doctor in the expensive shirt with "om" on it. And the woman who couldn't give up long showers.

Ok. Must go to work. Boss is not scheduled to be there. One lovely person has quit largely because of him but I don't know if she said that. She's really young (college age) and has rheumatoid arthritis and the stress is making ti worse.

SugP
06-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Bumping this to the top for easier location!

Kiwonk
06-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Cool. I want to go to an ashram. Can you just walk in and join something? I wouldn't worry about your opinion of the other people -- it's part of the process, right? Learning to detach. Does the lady who likes long showers have to stop liking them? I think I'd be a real mess at an ashram, since I find most new agey things to be complete b.s., even though I can appreciate the real basis for spiritual journeying.

My sis has an in-law who is a religious fundamentalist, complete with controlling husband, home-schooled children and a farm with everything "natural". As in, they have a passel of barn cats and kittens who they can't even let the kids play with because they have worms, but they won't take any of them to the vet OR have any of them neutered to stop the ugly cycle. Most of these cats die very young of disease or are eaten by something bigger. Their explanation of this cruelty is that it's "natural". As in "the lord will provide". This makes me very angry, because religious or not religious, they are responsible for these domesticated animals who live in their barn and their neglect is reprehensible.

Oh well. Lotta good it does for me to rant.

I've been trying all afternoon to update my antivirus, now after hours, it "failed". I hate dialup.

Sugar, 3fc might possibly not have wanted youtube links? Although I've seen them in other posts. Anyway, I went to your blog and saw the dancing liederhosen men while I was at my sis's house. Very funny. Also loved the yodeling -- those photos were so lovely and dated, made we want to visit. In the 60s. :lol:

I don't like the change they made to this forum. I'm going to request a voluntary Miscellaneous group or something.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
06-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Sick animals are natural? In ****, maybe.

I would appreciate a miscellaneous group. What was wrong with it?

And ... you can't call Hindusim new age can you? Isn't it really really old? I think it may be the oldest of the group.

So .. just to bore you (don't read) I am the lowest of a group of people at work and therefore have been made to look stupid many times by having to follow their orders. Today. Person X started making a refund on my terminal then walked to the meat department to get something to exchange for the customer. This left me with no terminal to use. Cashier Y needed change and gave me five $20s. I put them in the lottery drawer and gave her $90 in $5s and $10 PLUS took a roll of quarters out of my locked drawer and gave her that. This made my till $10 short and the lottery $10 over. I called after work, was told I was $10 short and explained all this. Will they fix it for me or will the axe fall? I feel a guillotine is hanging over me.

Wabby
06-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Peach, is there any other stores in town who may want a brilliant person such as yourself to work for them? Have I asked this before and you told me that Dogpatch only has one store? Sometimes it makes sense to beat them to the guillotine.

My old dog is not better. I'm worried that I might have to put him down. This is not a decision that I want to make on my own.

Here's my rant ..... a 16 yr old boy was allowed to die from a urinary infection because his parents belong to this screwy Followers of Christ Church here in town and they don't believe in medical intervention. They prayed over him, with other members of their church until he died. Last month, a couple from this same church were found not guilty of manslaughter when they allowed their 18 month old daughter to die from an antibiotic treatable illness. These ppl are crazy and they just keep getting away with allowing their children to die. It's one thing if you're of legal age and you make your own decision to refuse medical intervention, but these kids have no choice. P*sses me off more than unspayed kitties. Can you believe this is going on?????

I was supposed to pick up Kaydy at 4 pm today, and no one came with her. Apparently something came up and they forgot to call me and let me know. Grrrrr. It's made me cranky. I needed a Kaydy fix.

Kiwonk
06-19-2008, 04:26 AM
And ... you can't call Hindusim new age can you? Isn't it really really old? Absolutely, but aren't some of the people who go there into every single new age thing that comes along?

a 16 yr old boy was allowed to die from a urinary infection because his parents belong to this screwy Followers of Christ Church here in town and they don't believe in medical intervention. That's just so sick, it makes me so angry. I can't understand why they are allowed to get away with obstructing medical treatment for someone else, even it is their own child. If they were beating the child, the courts would step in, why is this not a crime? Sickening.

I have just bought an online course. In Editing. Something productive to do for the summer. It starts today.

kiwi

Cowpernia
06-19-2008, 01:39 PM
So you're taking a class in something you can already do. Very clever. DS always resented the native Spanish speakers in his Spanish classes. Same thing. I protest your grade.

I can't believe anyone outside that religious group could've known about the boy's illness and the law not have gone in and got him. Poor child. Kiwi, do your sis's in-laws think it was natural for all the Indians to die from smallpox? Sometimes people mess with stuff, like keeping unhealthy kitties and not taking care of them, and call it God's will.

I dunwanna go to work.

Kiwonk
06-19-2008, 06:08 PM
So you're taking a class in something you can already do. Very clever. DS always resented the native Spanish speakers in his Spanish classes. Same thing. I protest your grade.Yup, I'm taking it for the easy A. :lol:

I have a feeling it will not be the snap that it appears to be.

So far I have read the first lesson, participated in some online discussion, and begun research for my first assignment.

Maybe later I'll unpack from my trip. :lol3:

k

Cowpernia
06-20-2008, 02:49 AM
Which of the following is true:
A. A Chinese woman told me I look European, not American and "that is good."
B. My boss apologized to me.
C. Mongolian girls are gorgeoius.

All of the above!!

Whereisbagzwhereisbagzwhereisbagz

How much should a garbage can cost? I went to Home Depot and a 32 gallon one with wheels was $22 and I think that's too much.

Kiwonk
06-20-2008, 11:32 PM
I agree!!!

Unfortunately, between the time I read your post and this reply page came up, I forgot what I was going to agree with. But I'm sure I do agree. What I do remember is you said your boss apologized to you!! Wow, are they allowed to do that? :lol:

I have completed my first assignment and quiz. I only got 80% on the quiz, but then again there were only 5 questions. And it doesn't count for anything, just for my own info. Only the final exam will count.

Oh,now I remember. yes, I think 22 is too much for a garbage can, but I would pay it to get one that had a good lid and wheels.

I told the woman at the dump/recycling center all about what DD is doing this summer (she asked), but I felt like I was bragging. I also asked her about her daughter, but I didn't feel like that made up for it.

I have to go to a memorial service tomorrow for a cousin of DH's who drowned recently. He was 42, not married and no kids. I only met him once and I thought he was really nice. I'm so sick of accidental deaths. Sux

ta

Cowpernia
06-21-2008, 08:41 AM
I agree, too! I feel braggy when I talk about DS's summer. He has informed me that it's not an internship, it's a Research Experience for Undergraduates. Anyway, I FEEL braggy but people who know him seem to expect such a thing. And just to increase their view of him as a quiet, thoughtful, nerd, I will add, "School is his thing. Everybody has a thing and school's not a bad one." I see this as a brilliant statement that admits that he's not perfect, just interested in academics.

I HAD a huge garbage can with wheels and a good lid. It was wonderful. It blew in the road and was squashed. My problem is having to leave it by the road. Maybe the round ones are less likely to blow away?

Yes, he used the word "apologize" and said he didn't mean for it to come out that way. Then he talked about what he wants me to do differently. He was nice. I think someone coached him. Anyway, he told me I'd had a couple of big shortages. I remember one and I know full well that other people have had bigger more frequent shortages but not while he was there, I guess.

DS's a/c hasn't worked this year. It's unbearably hot and humid here so when he got some money from the internship-thing, he went to a mechanic and was told the Scharader Valve was not working but they couldn't give an estimate because something else might be wrong. He went a second mechanic was told the Expansion Valve was not working and it would be $280. He brought it home to our own mechanic and was told the Schrader Valve was leaking and the Expansion Valve was stuck. Being dried out has caused it to get stuck. The mechanic has gotten the leak down to almost nothing, he said, but to fix the a/c would cost $800. However .... he had known of people driving with the a/c turned on and the Expansion Valve all-of-a-sudden working again. DS left with the car to think what to do and two block later, the a/c came on. The mechanic had charged him $40. It's a wonderful thing to have a good relationship with a mechanic.

Wabby
06-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Do a search on Wikipedia under Followers of Christ Church, Oregon City, OR .....this tells about this church. They all look strangely alike, since as soon as they're 12 years old, they only associate w/ other church members. Lots of intermarrying going on. The girls usually get married when they're 16 and drop out of high school.

Peach, don't go to work. Stay home with me. I have no motivation......... and the sun is shining today, so I can't blame it on the weather.

Have a loverly day, cowsies.

Wabby
06-21-2008, 01:49 PM
That was strange. I missed a big string of posts, so when I finally did post, it seemed like I was coming from left field. Which is nothing new.

You should be bragging about your children. Believe me, I'd be bragging to anyone who didn't run the other direction if my kids were accomplishing such things. I still brag about my kids and their biggest accomplishments seem to be having sex and making beautiful :yay:babies. If people have a problem with you telling what your kids are doing, then it's their problem, not yours. I tell anyone who will listen how skilled and talented DS is, and what a good Daddy he is, and what an amazing mother DD is. Because they are, and I love them, and I have every right to ring their bell...... the following is one of my favorite quotes by Marianne Williamson.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

....your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so other people won't feel insecure around you. ..... Isn't that so true????

Cherry Cow
06-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Hello! I found you! I'm just popping by to say hi! Just got back from a week of Boy Scout summer camp and before that, a week in Vancouver. I love Vancouver! My feet are so sore, though from all the walking.

I miss checking in here! I miss you all!

Bagzz
06-22-2008, 10:03 AM
OH MY HUDDA HUDDA HUDDA HUDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO FIND THIS CONVOLUTED THREAD!!! I am annoyed that this has happened!! kiwi told me how to get here,but honestly--i was too menopaused to even read the instructions until had some sleep====I MISS YOU COWS!!===AND HI CHERRY ---WE MISS YOU TOO!!!!=====it's true about me ---i do have 175 kids and seven hundred loads of laundry that i refuse to do---and no towels EVER and a washer with loads of clothes that they leave wet until JUST before mildewing------i won't move them to the dryer because then it becomes a never ending cycle of me rescuing everything---EVERYONE says'you have to make those girls do their fair share' hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa------every now and then i holler about something but it's too much----what i usually do ,as i did for many summers before,is stifle it all and complain to dh and then wait for the summer to end------the good part is--the kids are wayyyyyyyyyy more interesting now that they are older--they were cute when they were little,but now we can sit around,have a few drinks and TALK about lots of things-----they are all so smart and cute and funny{ i hear we have removed the moratorium on bragging!! haha}----if you look on facebook pics i have posted you will see that they ALL are here in surf city this summer---first time in many years!!! i took a pic so you can see how big ds is as well!!!-----dd24 is back with her old bf and we all like him so all is well---i loved the little dane but i understand what happened====just too young really====and of course i am thrilled that she will not be residing on another continent!!---sugar,of course you dealt with all of this with your love,but i am sure your parents had a hard time giving you up!!!! your trip must be coming up soon to CA NA DA !!!!! Exciting!!!!=====; let's seeeee--what is going on here----ds 'graduated' from grade 8 so he starts highschool in the fall---he got the math prize and high honours and a golf trophy===i told you all about the other graduations so that was FOUR this season====i am all partyed out!!! we had a birthday party=dinner and grad celebration last week for step dd 22 and ds----i have had one too many VATS of artichoke dip--i am virtually made of cream cheese and have dimpled into a piece of cheese myself!!!!!-----well----i will continue rambling later---my dd whose cat placed at the cat show yesterday has just showed up!!! see yas later---i miss you---thank the heavens i found you--and twenty two is too much for a garbage can---but it may be worth it!!

Cowpernia
06-22-2008, 12:34 PM
I know you are relieved to have the fear of her moving across the wide waters to another culture and time zone. She had a grand adventure and let's put it behind us .. and her. Is this bf the one you chose for her? Didn't you pick out her first bf?

All your kids are brilliant and beautiful. I went to facebook but didn't see your ds. Is he smashed between all the girls somehow?

Wabby, things I brag about concerning ds are his accomplishments and what sets him apart from others but my FAVORITE things about him are when he comes home and he's wearing socks I made for him. And when he makes dinner. Stuff like that.

Bagzz
06-22-2008, 03:29 PM
there is nothing sweeter than your dear ds wearing your sox!!! my dd's wear your sox --- SO I DON'T GET TO===IS THAT SWEET!!! I THINK NOT!!!!----BUT THE making of dinner is fantastic---not to be sneezed at!!!---we all drink here because in liberal canada the drinking age is 19 not TWENTY ONE!!!! -- i just had to add that cause no one has listed 'drinking with the kids' as something to brag about!!haha----{it's 18 in quebec,pei and alberta----16 in Denmark} you americans are SO teetotally!!!----speaking of dd24,the bf she has is older---he is at least 10 maybe 12 years older---he seems young,but anyway---we like him and nothing is written in stone!!ha---i must see if kiwonk's dd will add me on facebook===i think she has a very interesting life up there!! i hope bill clinton is staying away from her and her friends!!!

Cowpernia
06-23-2008, 02:34 AM
older ?? then he's settled in a career and has money to spend~~ I like the word "monies." Kiwi can tell me how to use it but it always sounds funny and amusing to me. He has monies to spend on her! And you. Tell him you need a new watering can and paint set. How old were YOU when YOU started drinking? All of you. Tell me.

Bagzz
06-23-2008, 09:11 AM
i was actually a few months shy of nineteen--i was a prude---dd24 was around 16 and dd22 was 18------------ds13---almost 14 is still pure----his friends--not so much-----the thing i find strange----i think kids drink early in the US as well as here,but TWENTY ONE is really far off from 16------------ that makes it seem more extreme---to me anyway.

SugP
06-24-2008, 03:57 AM
Sheesh - skimming and scanning all these threads to find you cows is taxing my tiny brain. Must subscribe.

I'd pay $11.99 for a garbage can. Tops. And it better be a big one.

Cherryyyyy! You really went to Vancouver??? The one in B.C., not the one in Washington State? Isn't it great? I'll be there in two weeks!

My kids have done nothing bragalicious yet, but I'll let you know. DS15 STILL hasn't called us from Austria and he arrives back Saturday so we'll just assume he is still alive. Ds12 heard rumours at school yesterday about the kids on the trip "drinking alcohol out of buckets" and "doing it". Oh oh. :o

I will come back and read Bagzie's posts later when my eyes are working properly.

SugP
06-24-2008, 04:15 AM
How old were YOU when YOU started drinking? All of you. Tell me.

16, I think. Peer pressure. I was stupid. But I stopped again when I was in my 20's so that must count for something.

I have no monies. My koffers are empty.

Bagzz
06-24-2008, 10:17 PM
what are we gonna do when the thread name changes??? i am confusedddddddddddd

Cowpernia
06-25-2008, 02:35 AM
We will line up single file behind Kiwi and she will take us all there at once.

SugP
06-25-2008, 05:01 AM
Or...we can just let this thread run 4-EVER

Wabby
06-25-2008, 01:44 PM
NEWS FLASH!!!!! DS's son, Brody Allen has arrived. He weighs 7 lbs. 4 oz. and 20 inches long. He has dark hair and is perfection. I'll post photos later. He was born yesterday at 4:10 pm.

SugP
06-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Congratulations to the Wabbit family! I bet Brody's a cutie.

Kiwonk
06-26-2008, 12:42 AM
How wonderful!! A new little boy bunny.! Cute name, Brody! Aw, that's so lovely -- DS has a boy and a girl. How is Kayden taking this exciting event?

I like monies too. I think monies go further than plain ol' money. I can always find monies under the seat of the car or at the bottom of my purse.

:chin: I remember my first beer: my best friend's father gave us each one. We were probably 14 or 15. Didn't have another one until I was in college, I think. But my friend and I occasionally drank cheap wine when we went out with older guys. Also once we met some guys at the beach and went drinking with them -- screwdrivers, I believe. We got back to the beach house so late, that we got busted big time. We were grounded the next day (didn't care, we were both so hungover -- didn't do that again for a long time) When I got to college, the drinking age was 18, I was not quite 18, but I'm afraid I didn't let that bother me. I was never carded until after I turned 18. I was a little smartiepants too -- I used to buy beer at a little package store down the road from college. On my 18th birthday I walked in there, where the owner recognized me, and announced that I was now legal and could I have a bottle of Southern Comfort! He laughed. When I was a teenager at home, my parents occasionally let me have a small glass of wine with a holiday meal. They used to drink that sicky sweet stuff -- concord grape wine. Also when I was nearly 18, my mother decided to find out how much I knew about alcohol and had me smell or taste a number of different samples of liquor. I knew what they all were. I'm sure she was very proud. :no: I guess she thought I should know the tastes so I could tell if someone slipped alcohol into a beverage without my knowing. She should have concentrated on "how much is too much" -- it was a giant drinking culture at college. I suppose it still is, but DD is so incredibly moderate, it doesn't look like she spends much time drinking. Yay for her. Neither do I, by the way, although I do enjoy the occasional cold beer, or tasty mixed drink.

Yes, my little chickadees, should the need arise for a new thread, you may grab my coat-tails and trail along after me. Who knows where we might end up!!

Well, I have homework to do! :D Later gators

Cowpernia
06-26-2008, 02:30 AM
I, too, am proud of Kiwi for knowing her liquor.

AND I'm proud of teensy little Brody Wabbikins!! Mmmm, cute!

SugP
06-26-2008, 02:38 AM
What a sweeeeet baby! Makes me want another one.

Cowpernia
06-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Really? Another Sugarplum? I witnessed a strange incident in the break room at work yesterday. There was just:
1. me
2. a woman I'll call Dottie who has three kids. I've heard her say she hates her son and I pictured a rebellious teenager but .. it turns out he's five and the state has taken him away from her for some reason.
3. a man I'll call Lou who who is partly Phillipino and who has just married a woman from that country and is working to get her over here.

Dottie to Lou: I heard a rumor about your wife.
Lou: What'd you hear?
Dottie: I heard she was pregnant.

None of us were sitting near any of the others. Lou picked up a plastic black knife from the deli, waved in the air and speaking in a voice like from a horror movie (loud, breaking, crazy) said, "This has got to STOP!!"

Dottie: I don't gossip. That's why I came right to you. I forget who told me.

Lou's eyes seemed to roll in his sockets and he brandished the black plastic deli knife in the air.

So ... I say I heard that Sugar may be pregnant, no knives, ok?

SugP
06-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Hee. No knives, no rolling of the eyes. I'm 100% guaranteed not pregnant and if I were, DH would be MIGHTY suprised since he took measures to take care of that a few years ago. I'd be the talk of the town and more. Besides that I'm just too damn old and still recovering from the last kid I had over 12 years ago.

You have very interesting co-workers, Peachy. :o

Bagzz
06-26-2008, 06:25 PM
peachy---how would dottie hear such things when the woman isn't even in the country---do i have my facts ??? i would stay away from plastic knife weirdo!!!---KIWI!!!! YOU ARE VERY LUCKY THAT YOUR BABY DOESN'T DRINK MUCH--- i really feel all the children who are OF AGE drink WAY more than i would prefer---however it's pretty obvious that what i think is of little consequence-----i don't know how they afford it----i drink more in the summer----last night i had two glasses of wine on an outdoor patio----it was beautiful yesterday--even into the evening---we can only sit outside a few evenings a summer---you usually need a jacket or sweater-----it was lovely---i think i should drink more,to improve my mental health=--- I SAW WABBY'S GRANDBABYBOY ON MY EMAIL---HE IS GORRRRRRRRGEOUS!

Cowpernia
06-27-2008, 02:33 AM
Guess what my email doesn't have. :(

Kiwonk
06-28-2008, 01:39 AM
Whaddya mean? No pictures? Why not? Gmail gets pictures.

He's lovely, Wabbit, just as cute as can be. His mom is cute too. So's his grammie. Oh yeah, you weren't in the photos. No matter, I know you're cute.

I got a forward from Schatzi the other day. It was one of those annoying ones that says if you forward it to x number of people something funny will happen on your screen. It's a lie. The only funny thing that happened was that I had to delete it from all my various email address inboxes that I forwarded it to. :p :lol:

Wow, Dottie really is...Dotty.

Glad you're not pregnant, Sug. I can't believe you are leaving in 2 weeks. Or less? That's the same time that we are going to drive down to NC to the beach for hot fun in the summertime. DH has no idea what he is letting himself in for.

Jet started seizuring again last night. We were trying to gradually reduce the amount of medication she's taking, but that backfired. After only a couple of days on 3/4 of the previous dose, she had 2 seizures. I'm exhausted; I couldn't sleep waiting for it to happen again. But fortunately those were the only 2 so far. Of course I put her back on the regular dose. I can't believe she's so sensitive to cutting back. And I feel a little guilty for inflicting more seizures on her.:( Poor puppydog. She got me back today though, when I thought it would be fun to go swimming in the lake. She wouldn't go in the water except to bark at me, wouldn't bring her toy to me to throw, wouldn't stop chasing these poor screaming birds that were trying frantically to keep her away from their babies. She was a pain in the butt, and now I don't feel so guilty anymore. :lol:

Later, gators
kiwi

Cowpernia
06-28-2008, 01:51 AM
I just don't see an email from Wabby AT ALL.

The emails I hate are mean, I think. They say "make a wish and forward this to x friends and your wish will come true. if you don't forward it, the opposite of your wish will happen." I actually got that one recently. Isn't it hateful?

Sad to hear about Jet. Is she a hunter type dog? Is that why birds are so interesting to her?

Cowpernia
06-28-2008, 02:11 PM
The Darling Sugar recognized that Wabby had forgotten to send me the pictures so she forwarded them. He is soooo sweet. I just want to pick him right up and cuddle. Wabby, does he look a bit like his grandpa? That's what I thought of when I saw him.

Kiwonk
06-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Nope, she is a herding type dog. Perhaps the fact that these little birdies run around on the ground a lot as well as fly is especially attractive to Jet. Although in truth, she would try to chase birds into the air if she could. I've seen her jump up on her hind legs as high as she could when she saw a large bird flying. It really was pretty funny yesterday when we walked down near the lake where those birds started squalking like crazy and flying back and forth. I made Jet keep her distance and I watched for moment to see if I could see where they had made their nest and then I saw one fuzzy baby bird running along the waterline. That's what they were trying to protect. I guess they must have nested in the bushes near there. I wish I'd had my camera with me.

DD called home! (This is something novel this summer) She finally finished all the papers assigned by one of her classes and the pressure has eased up. She said she'd been up until 2 or 3 am for 3 nights straight trying to finish the papers which were due today. Apparently everyone in the group has been in the same boat; they have all been posting on each other's facebook pages while trying to finish their papers. The professor apparently was under the misapprehension that he was teaching graduate students. He assigned 12 papers at the beginning of the course (less than 3 weeks ago).

DD was very jealous when I told her I had been in the lake swimming. It's so hot in DC; she would like nothing better than to hop in the lake and cool off. She might not like it so much today: today it is raining and the mosquitoes are out in force.

How's that mountain boy of yours, Sugar? Has he returned yet?

I think this is brilliant http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/highway_engineer_pranks.png

Kiwi

Kiwonk
06-29-2008, 03:11 AM
Boy, I hate having to hunt for our thread, so I'm bumping this up. Maybe we should start posting under a specific support group. Wouldn't that freak them out?

Oh carp. I was watching something on the DVR and paused it to make potato salad (inlaw dinner tomorrow), then I came in here to see if I could find a pool at GWU for DD to swim in, and forgot I had the TV paused. Now it seems to have run out of pausibility ( :s: ) because I just started hearing some roaring sounds and then dialog in foreign language. I was watching a Kurdish movie. Maybe it's still on. Must go see.

kiwi

Cowpernia
06-29-2008, 04:28 AM
I propose the 20-something group. What's the name of the movie? Is it good? Why are we up?

Kiwonk
06-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Yes, I think the 20-somethings would be the most disturbed by our incursion. Good idea. My personal favorite at the moment is the faith based support groups list, which sports a sticky note at the top telling Pagans! where they can go! for support!

It is still rainy and mosquito-ey around here and I am sick of it.

I got an email from my old bf. He's writing a memoir. I hope I'm in it, because I was pretty cute back then. And young.

Well, I have homework to do. :dizzy: ta

Oh yeah, the movie was something about Drunken Horses. I did miss the rest of it, when I went in there the very end was all I could see. It didn't look like a happy ending.

I wonder if they like whey there.

Kiwi

Bagzz
06-29-2008, 10:22 PM
this stupid Canada Day Weekend Sucks!! it's rainy and chilly and grey and borrrrrrrrrrring---i hope the Carnival Cruise comes into the market tomorrow----it's too cold to wander around town---rosie o'donnel is coming to our town with her GayFamilies Cruise----i hope she comes to the shop!!!====i bet she won't get off the boat!

Cowpernia
06-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Don't be silly! If you send her an email telling her that one of your servants is gay, she'll hurry right over. that guy who paints your house .. servant, isn't he? Isn't Canada Day in October though?

Kiwonk
06-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Silly Peaches, Canada Day is the Canadian Fourth of July! The one in October is the Canadian Thanksgiving. Have I offended enough people yet?

I'm starving. Fruit is stupid.

SugP
07-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Ahh, there y'all are.

Silly Peaches, Canada Day is the Canadian Fourth of July! The one in October is the Canadian Thanksgiving. Have I offended enough people yet?

Always charmed,my dear, never offended. Who can keep all these holidays straight anyway? And speaking of straight - how come they have to have cruises for gay people? Can't they just go on any cruise they like?? I think Rosie buying up all Bagzz earrings and mentioning her business on the show would go a long way towards promoting international relations. Or something.

Happy Canada Day from the fatty Canuck! It's about a thousand degrees here and I'm melting.

We leave a week Thursday!!!! Should I start packing? Laundry room is knee-deep with clean and dirty laundry. ds15 got back from Austria in one piece. It was...interesting, he said.

Bagzz
07-02-2008, 10:32 PM
i couldn't find us again==i had us in the user cp like kiki said and it disappeared==this is getting REALLY annoying0---kiiiiiiiii wiiiiiiiiiii can't you makd them give us a group -------COWs or something----i hate not just bookmarking us----it took me five minutes to find this and i had to do it by searching my name

Kiwonk
07-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I agree, this is very difficult to find if no one has posted recently. If we get lost again, look waaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list on Support Group threads. But I have a couple more tricks up my sleeve too. First of all, are you subscribed to the Forum, as well as the thread? If not, you should, it will give you a quick way to get back to the Support Groups page. I think this will take you there (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/subscription.php?do=addsubscription&f=122).

The other thing you can do, if our thread has disappeared from your UserCP is click on "View all subscribed threads" and voila! we are there.

ds15 got back from Austria in one piece. It was...interesting, he said.:lol: That's informative, eh? :lol: Well, I'm glad he got home without mishap.

I'm heading out in the morning for adventures in camping with the dog. DH has been visiting our RV friends all week, and they are having a party tomorrow, plus hopefully some nice fireworks to watch, so I'll want to stay overnight. They have other guests coming, so we are setting up in a tent. And I'm bringing Jet and her own "tent" (crate). I hope she doesn't freak out.

I have to go make pasta salad. I've been putting it off all day. The only pasta I have on hand, other than spaghetti, is penne. Do you think it will be gross?

kiwi

Cowpernia
07-04-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm here. I'm in a funk. Sorry to hear that Sugards doesn't say anymore than the other ds's of the world.

Happy Independence Day to all and pasta it up Kiwi.

Wabby
07-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Happy 4th of July!!!!!Sorry I've been away so long, I've been busy w/ the baby......... and sorry I didn't get the picture sent to you, Peach. I don't know what happened. I sent it to my "cowsies" list and you're on the list.... maybe the mailman delivered it to the wrong address.

I've also been busy getting over the shock of the developer buying my place pulling out of the deal due to the economy and slowing home sales. They paid me the earnest money, but that will only support me for a year. I need to make a living!!!! Arrrghhhh! I'm formulating a plan, I'm just not sure if it's a good plan, but when I'm ready, I'll spring it on you.

Kiwi, I'm sorry to hear that Jet is having problems again. My golden retriever, Lucas, is very sick. I took him back to the vet, and they gave him a steriod injection for the allergies, but the vet seems to think he has multiple things going on and at this point we're just trying to make him comfortable. He's begun to drag one hind leg and has lost bladder control a couple times. It breaks my heart to see him like this, but he still wags his tail and enjoys being petted. I know dogs don't live forever, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier.

Peach, yes, Brody does look like his Grandpa. That's no coincidence, since his Daddy also looks like Grandpa. I'm going to be babysitting him on Thursdays as soon as his mommy goes back to work. He's absolutely beautiful, and Kaydy is so cute with him. She doesn't call him Brody, she calls him "Brother". So far he doesn't do too much so he's not as interesting as her almost step brother, Alek, who's six. (Alek is DS's gf's little boy from a previous marriage.) Does it all make sense?

Yesterday it was one year since DH's burial. It still feels like someone opened up my chest and scooped out my heart. I look at these Grandbabies and wonder how life can be so wonderful and so hard at the same time. Thank you cowsies, for being here for me.

Kiwonk
07-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Happy 4th to you all too! I'm supposed to be on the road. Oh well, I'm already too late to go sailing with the bunch, so I might as well take my time. (don't feel bad for me, I didn't make an effort to get there for sailing)

Sorry to hear about your golden, Wab. It's really hard to see that, I know. My last dog Molly was a bundle of medical problems as she got older. But she was always happy to go outside, so I couldn't give up on her. Jet is back to normal; I'll just have to keep her meds at the same level for now. She's very excited to come with me today -- she hasn't left my side since I got up and started doing "pack-y" things. Until I sat down at the computer, that is, then she went and laid down. Smart dog.

That's too bad about the developer; at least you got something out of him. Maybe things will pick next year. And you'll up the price when they come back! (I can dream, no?)

Later gators Enjoy Independence Day! Maybe next year we will actually have a little more independence to celebrate! We aren't supposed to talk about politics! Tata!

kiwi

Cowpernia
07-05-2008, 11:14 PM
So it's the 5th now and storming. I met with a group of knitters that I found online this morning. We went to Panera's where I found hot chocolate and bagels. Got bored with the knitting and left. Was nice to be with people. Then I drove to Pencilcola to see DS and use the camera. We saw that movie about the robot. Forget the name. Cute.

That's all I have to say. I don't understand about the developer. You get to keep the house and the earnest money? Confused.

Kiwonk
07-06-2008, 12:52 AM
I met with a group of knitters that I found online this morning. You met with people you'd known since this morning?!? I'm shocked!!! Or am I reading that sentence with my new copy editor's eyes?
Then I drove to Pencilcola to see DS and use the camera. We saw that movie about the robot.That is lovely! I will drive for 12+ hours on Friday and maybe see DD. But the weekend after, we will definitely see her. We are going to spend that weekend in DC. I got Name Your Own Price hotel from Priceline -- did way better than I thought I could: got a 4star hotel for $89/night. Cool huh?
I don't understand about the developer. You get to keep the house and the earnest money? Confused.Sure -- it was the developer who wanted to buy the property (hence the earnest money) and the developer who backed out of the deal -- so they don't get back the money they paid to hold the property. Right, Wab?

Did you know that you are not supposed to put 2 spaces after the end of a sentence any more? Apparently I learned to type in the dark ages. I'm not sure I can change.

Man, I'm starving. I had potluck supper at a campground 5 hours ago before I drove home. It would have been better if the baby in line in front of me (well, he was riding on his mother's shoulder) hadn't spit up all over the floor about 5 feet from the buffet table. On the bright side, the dog did well on her first camping trip. She slept outside in her soft sided crate without incident, at least without incident after she rolled it over on its side because I had set it not quite level :lol: DH and I slept in a giant dome tent on an air mattress, which was quite comfortable, but it was very cold! I kept pulling on more clothes and more covers. Crazy weather--it was about 85 this afternoon.

I'm watching Georgia Rules. Lindsay Lohan is annoying. But then, she is supposed to be.

There was a bat in the house earlier which DH killed, and I dread going up to bed. I'd sleep on the couch, but they could just as easily show up here in the living room. Although they are more likely to fly around upstairs. I was hoping somehow this wouldn't happen this summer. ha.

Kiwi, the A-skeered

Cowpernia
07-07-2008, 01:03 AM
It is so annoying to have to searrrrcchhhh for this thread and then what do I find? space space I find Kiwi making fun of me. space space Why doesn't she devote her energies to inventing a place that's easier to find? space space I am engaged to this thread or forum or whatever but it's still a pain in the patootie. space space

A few weeks ago, my a/c quit working so I turned it off and on and off and on and it worked agian. Yesterday, it stopped again. I can tell because I come home and the house is 87 degrees. Turning it off and on didn't help so I called the a/c guy for Dogpatch who said it probably has a lead and thought $200 should do it. But it's working again. I don't know what to do and I know YOU GUYS (staring at Bagz) who know about electricity won't reply before he calls tomrorrow morning to say he's coming.

I just saw the final episode of Monarch of the Glen. Fabuloso.

Just found this headline on Yahoo. Make fun of this: Panda moved after China quake gives birth to twins.

Cowpernia
07-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Hellllloooooo! Hellllloooooo! Helllllooooo! It echoes in here!

The a/c came, fixed and charged me only $70. I feel like I've been given money. I suspect they do that on purpose, say something higher than it probably will be, but it's ok.

Kiwi, I think you should put mosquito/bat webbing around your bed.

Kiwonk
07-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi Peachie. I don't blame the Panda for moving. China sounds very unpredictable.

I'm so glad you got your A/C fixed. Hotness sux.

I still haven't figured out what to do about nephew's piggy bank. Needs decor. I'm not clever enough to do it.

I think I'm having hot flashes again. Can you go through menopause twice?

sweat
sweat
Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-08-2008, 02:43 AM
Show me the piggy bank. Better yet, show Bagz the piggy bank. She knows decor. It's 12:40 am. and I am tarred.

SugP
07-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Heloooooooo!

I am packing, no time to post. Smooches to everyone.

Kiwonk
07-09-2008, 04:32 AM
:lol: I found pictures of the movie that was being filmed on the Santa Monica Pier when DD and I were. It sure enough was Cameron Diaz bald. Although she was wearing a bald wig.http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/celebrities/hollywood/cameron-diaz-bald-and-beautiful-204538/

Have a wonderful trip, Sug! Hope to see you hailing from Canada!

Here 's the piggy bank. (http://www.target.com/Piggy-Bank-Blue/dp/B000VLYKFY/ref=bxgy_cc_img_b_16236791/601-0098296-2773710) Maybe I'll just give him some permanent markers and robot decals along with it. I'm lame.

It is too too hot here. Almost 20 degrees hotter than in NC today. Although it's 70 in both places right now. But 70 is too hot at night. Night is when the house is supposed to cool down. I hate being sweaty when I sleep.

I went swimming at the town pool today. It was lovely -- adult swim hour (which only happens twice a week). They have a brand new L-shaped pool that's huge, nice facilities, diving board, kiddie end with fountains and water curtain, 2 slides. Can't believe they spent the money on this when the town is going broke, but I'm going to take advantage of it while I can (I figure someone will stub their toe on the diving board and everything will be closed down for "security" reasons).

I'm getting devoured by midgies. Must go to bed.

Kiwi

SugP
07-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Have a wonderful trip, Sug! Hope to see you hailing from Canada!

Thanks! I'll try my best. I've actually finished packing now. Usually takes me until midnight. I still have time to go buy some chocolate, not for me, unfortunately.

WABBY - If you're out there somewhere - we're taking our laptop so I'll e mail you when we have more concrete plans and see if we can set something up. I know you have lots of family stuff going on.

Kiwonk
07-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Are you two going to get together? Wow, I'm so jealous!! Hope it happens!

So who's meeting me at the beach? NO ONE? We even have extra sleeping room this year! Sheesh!

I do not plan to pack until tomorrow. But I'd better get going on that laundry, it never seems to end, and I need all of it for the trip. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH

SugP
07-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Laundry sucks. Here's something to take your mind off it:

British Woman Finds Bat in Her Bra (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080709/oddities/britain_animals_offbeat_3) :o

Cowpernia
07-10-2008, 11:23 AM
LOL. That British woman has a somewhat different attitude than Kiwi. But 34FF? What is that?

I want to see a series of pictures of Sugar and Wabby at the beach in their bikinis.

Kiwonk
07-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Aw, how adorable. NOT!!!

I have actually gathered some of the items to pack. Aren't you proud of me? Oh, and the laundry is all done, if you don't count folding, and why should you, after all YOU don't have to do it.

Jetski is safely at the vetski :(

We are leaving just after the arsecrack of dawn tomorrow. When is that, anyway? I'm thinking maybe 7 am is early enough. I'm sure I will get at least 2 hours of sleep that way.

Tata Until we type again.

kiwi

Wabby
07-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Sugar, I have all the time in the world for a fellow cow.

My dog continues to deteriorate. Sometimes he can't walk and it breaks my heart. Yesterday he couldn't get up when it was bedtime and I left him on the deck with the door open (sometimes he just needs a little time to rest before he can get up). He started whining and crying, so I slid him onto a blanket and drug it into the house. The next morning he got up and was walking again, so he managed to live another day. I thought for sure it was time to take him to be euthanized, but as long as he doesn't seem to be in pain, I'm keeping him going.

I seem to be in a manic mode of cleaning gutters, windows and moss off the roof. I'm also whacking and trimming my way through my flower beds that have been neglected for over a year. Rick would be so proud of me. I'm being ruthless with my pruners.

OK. Here's my new economic plan, and yes, Kiwi is right about how the earnest money thing works. They waste my time for 3 years, I keep their money. My new plan on making a living sounds crazy considering the housing market, but I'm getting my real estate license again and going back to selling real estate. I'm giving it a year, then if I'm starving, I'll consider a regular 8 to 5 job......... but I really don't want to go back to that. I want to be able to have Thursdays free to babysit Brody and Wednesday afternoons free so I can pick up Kayden. I want to run my own business and not have a "boss". Please do not tell me I'm crazy. Tell me how wonderful I'll do and what a brilliant idea this is.

Kiwonk
07-11-2008, 02:23 AM
You're crazy! Just kidding!!! I think it's a great idea. I didn't know you'd done that before. I don't want you to miss out on time with your sweet grandbabies -- so that could work out well.

Sorry to hear that doggy is still having so much trouble. I think you are doing the right thing. You'll know when he can't go on.

I had to put down one of my cats years ago. He'd been sick, but it didn't seem like the end to me. Then one day it was like a light switched off, and I didn't waste any time getting him to the vet.

Well, I'm impressed with all your industriousness! Are you impressed with my shrinking signature line? I honestly don't see any difference in my weight (expect the number) but some of my in-laws tell me they can tell I've lost weight. Yay! I love my in-laws. :D

Hey look, I'm still hanging around here when I should be in bed. Something new... :lol3:

I called DD earlier tonight, and she returned my call around 12:30 -- they had been at Quantico since 6:45 am this morning, until 5 or 6 this evening. "Headquarters" :lol: Then they had to go to a movie for one of their classes, and she still had homework to do. What a summer she's having! Can't wait to see her tomorrow or the next day (depending on when we get to DC).

Bye kids! I really am leaving this time.

Kiwi

Wabby
07-12-2008, 12:20 AM
Oh no!!!! Kiwi don't go! I just got here!!!!!

I am duly impressed w/ your shrinking numbers. I'm on the losing cycle again too. I've been walking almost every morning for at least 3 weeks now. 1/2 hour every morning. I'm starting to not dread it. I don't know if I'll ever love it.

Today was another day of pruning and weeding and watering. Plus today was mow day. I'm bushed.... and I'm not talking about George W. ........ do you find it interesting that I'm doing all this work instead of cleaning out part of the barn so I can rent it and working on getting my real estate license?? ...... and yes, Kiwi, I used to sell real estate in my former life. There were things about it I liked ... and things I didn't like, but the freedom to set my own schedule is winning out. Besides, I don't know how employable I am. I think it would be really hard to work for someone after all the years of running our own business. Plus I am a woman of a certain age now.

Have I mentioned I'm being overrun by squirrels? They chewed through the heavy plastic tub that the dog food is in... .... the expensive $40 a bag special diet dog food. Cuter than bats, but basically the same rodent with a furry tail.

Kiwonk
07-13-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm baaaaaaccckkkk! I'm at the beach and have found wireless. yay. We stayed in DC area last night, saw DD briefly, then had breakfast with her this morning. She's doing so well, so busy, totally enjoying it. She hit us with some news that is going to take some getting used to though -- she broke up with the bf. Typical of her, she didn't tell us for more than a month. She has basically moved on, don't know if he has. I would expect that he's pretty devastated but maybe it was inevitable. I feel like I've lost a family member :( At the moment I am self-medicating with my family and Miller Lite at the beach.

Boo. Life is so sucky sometimes.

On the bright side I'm at the beach!!!! :cool::beach::drool:

Don't ask me why I put the drooler in there.

Glad to hear you are walking. I have got to get doing something myself. This trip has not begun very well for the ol' weight tracker -- lots of unhealthy food, not enough sleep, no exercise. And now I'm popping the Millers open. I will be a whale by next week if I don't watch it.

Later, cowsies
kiwi

Kiwonk
07-13-2008, 01:33 PM
It's hot here! and sandy! and sticky!

SugP
07-13-2008, 04:20 PM
NO bikinis!

Boy am I jetlagged! Bleh. The flight was wonderful but the food was soooo awful. Worst I've ever had.

Must got and have lunch with people who invited themselves over. Haven't seen any of them for 20 years.

More later.

Kiwonk
07-14-2008, 03:09 AM
20 years? Eek!

or How exciting! depending on your mood.

Right now that would completely freak me out. I think it has something to do with the fact that DH took a bunch of video today and I saw it. And I'm in it. Wearing a bathing suit and a pair of shorts. I don't know about you all, but that is not a flattering combination on me. 'Specially side view. Just not good. It's funny how the me in my head looks so much better than the me in videos.

Blah. Too much family togetherness around here. I need some space.

I mean, yay beach!

Kiwi

Cherry Cow
07-14-2008, 01:01 PM
My dog continues to deteriorate. Sometimes he can't walk and it breaks my heart. Yesterday he couldn't get up when it was bedtime and I left him on the deck with the door open (sometimes he just needs a little time to rest before he can get up). He started whining and crying, so I slid him onto a blanket and drug it into the house. The next morning he got up and was walking again, so he managed to live another day. I thought for sure it was time to take him to be euthanized, but as long as he doesn't seem to be in pain, I'm keeping him going.

I seem to be in a manic mode of cleaning gutters, windows and moss off the roof. I'm also whacking and trimming my way through my flower beds that have been neglected for over a year. Rick would be so proud of me. I'm being ruthless with my pruners.

OK. Here's my new economic plan, and yes, Kiwi is right about how the earnest money thing works. They waste my time for 3 years, I keep their money. My new plan on making a living sounds crazy considering the housing market, but I'm getting my real estate license again and going back to selling real estate.

I think it's a great idea! Some people will still want to buy houses. We're buying next year after I finish my degree and get a permanent job. I'm sick of renting. I want a garden!!!

Y'all would be so proud of me! I've been cleaning like a maniac. I've been ruthless with the clutter. I think it has finally gotten to me. We've taken four or five Jeep-loads of stuff to Goodwill and thrown away even more stuff.

On the sadder front, I'm also dealing with an older dog. Julietta, whom I've had since 1993, is declining. She's a pointer and she has lost a lot of weight. She can still go up and down stairs, she can still get on the bed, and she seems happy, but she has gotten leaky and she has a bit of trouble breathing. Our other old dog, Zippy (three months younger) seems fine, except she's pretty much deaf and blind. I thought they would be young and crazy forever, like me!

Kiwi, I know what you mean about the video. I keep thinking I'm doing great, then I see a picture someone has taken of me from the side and I realize I don't quite look the way I think I look. Sigh.

SugP
07-14-2008, 11:39 PM
LOL. That British woman has a somewhat different attitude than Kiwi. But 34FF? What is that?

I believe those are what are known as "Big Uns".

I had lunch (not yesterday's lunch, today's which was a different one. I wonder how long it will take me to get all lunched out?) with my bestest friend today and two other "girls" I know from high school. It was lovely. Found out that my kids are not that bad after all. :dizzy:

Have already made a large dent in a package of chocolate chunk cookies. Bad, bad Sugar.

Yes, yes, the side view is the worst. I tried on the three bathing suits in my drawer before we left and chose the least terrifying one. NOT a pretty sight.

Hugz to everyone, especiall those with ailing doggies.

Kiwonk
07-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Sounds like fun, Sug! And of course your kids are not that bad!! I think they're lovely.

Cherry -- Yay on the decluttering! I wish I could get motivated like that.

:wave: from the beach.

Cowpernia
07-15-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't like that Kiwidd and bf broke up. I still miss lcp. But Kiwidd and bf were so involved in all those music shows and stuff ... how could it end? Remember when we called our kids things like Kiwiette? Now that they're adults, it won't do.

Cherry, I am impressed. How'd you do it? How did you decide what to keep? DS handed me a bunch of plastic trophies from his elementary and middle school years. Science fair and such. Asked if I wanted them. Well, I don't and I do.

This thread is so hard to find that it's depressing. I know there are ways to find it but why do we have to wiggle around instead of just going straight there? Is there another place to post like Cybermom? Really, I hate it.

Cowpernia
07-16-2008, 07:39 AM
It used to be that you could click on your weight change graph and it would take you to the place where it can be updated. Not now. I get ads and essays.

ellis
07-16-2008, 10:49 AM
This thread is so hard to find that it's depressing. I know there are ways to find it but why do we have to wiggle around instead of just going straight there? Is there another place to post like Cybermom? Really, I hate it.
I'm afraid that's just the way it is, Cowpernia. :shrug: Unfortunately we're not able to accommodate everyone in all ways. That would be a dream come true. :lol:
As for your signature, just go to your User CP and click on Edit Signature.

Continued best wishes to all of you! :grouphug:

Bagzz
07-16-2008, 04:36 PM
aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww kiwidd and bf broke up!!! THAT MAKES ME SAAAAAAAAADDDDD!!!--- I KNOW HOW THAT FEELS AND I HATE IT!!!when dd24 and the Dane broke up i had trouble sleeping for days===you know it's the way things go,but it's the end of a mini-era and we mothers get attached to these sweet boys!!!----i just felt so bad for the Dane but of course i want my daughter to be happy---let's hope they find someone to stay married to---i think having a divorce would be even worse----my mother really liked my ex so that was hard by times---Dad----not so much---Dad's are usually less emotional. Rosie O'Donnell was in town yesterday with her gay cruise ship!!! Everyone loved her---i didn't see her but my aunt did---i have to go up to work now and let my poor girl go---i didn't give her a lunch break today!!!---see yasssssssssss hi cherry! hi all!

Kiwonk
07-18-2008, 03:26 AM
Dang, didn't I just post a message here? Where is it? I think I'm getting forgetful and not hitting the Submit button. Pitiful.

Yes, I am sad about DD and the bf too. You hit the nail right on the head. I also had trouble sleeping for several days -- it's hard to deal with because you of course have to be in your dd's corner and support her decision, but you like the boy so much and it feels like losing a member of the family. Life is too complicated for me. I feel sad for his family too, because they seemed to be all ready for the kids to get married.

I can't believe it but we only have one more day here at the beach, then we head to DC to spend the weekend with DD, assuming she isn't too busy for her mom and dad. I can't wait to stay at the Capitol Hilton. Ha! For the price of the Comfort Inn! Yeehaw! And just think of the shampoos!

Later kiddies.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
07-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Hey, what am I doing in this house when I should be enjoying my last day at the beach????

Peaches -- Do this: Go to your User CP. If there is nothing under New Subscribed Threads, click the underlined link "View all Subscribed Threads". If you are subscribed to this thread (you are subscribed, right?), it is the very first one listed. Now, no more complaints or I'll have to come down there and fuss at you. :cool:

Yesterday was my stepdad's 92nd birthday. We had a lovely little party. Steak, asparagus, oven fries, some lovely hot fudge cake my sis whipped up. And then we (dh, my parents and I) played progressive rummy, one of his favorites.

Ta

Kiwonk
07-19-2008, 02:22 AM
Well, I should be in bed. Had a lovely last day at the beach, swam a bit, sat in the sun for a bit, enjoyed the fabulous open air showers, went to a seafood store and bought shrimp and scallops for dinner, rinsed the salt off the car and the beach chairs, squashed the air out of the float, had an incredible dinner, watched a video while niece(5) fell asleep in my lap, played cards with the parents again. Time to go!

Y'all have a great weekend, y'hear?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
07-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Yes, I'm subscribed. So this means we never start a new thread? Go ahead and fuss at me. I will throw pie at you.

SugP
07-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Mmmm...pie.

The weather is lovely. I have a stomach ache. Wish yous were here.

Bagzz
07-21-2008, 02:21 AM
can we keep this thread going forever???----i liked it when we were somewhere where you could change thread names,but really who cares???? i just had a bad dream and decided to check the computer before i went back to bed---i was in a summer camp and i went to the bathroom --- i heard a vacuum coming so i looked out of the stall and saw a man---i thought 'he is an old guy ,he won't bother me' --NEXT THING HE REACHED OVER THE STALL AND PULLED ME UP BY THE COLLAR---THEN HE CAME TO THE FRONT OF THE STALL---OPENED THE DOOR AND I WAS STRANDED ON THE FLUSH--HE WAS JUST ABOUT TO PUNCH ME IN THE FACE TO KNOCK ME OUT,when i shook myself awake---i was quite disturbed,so i got up so as not to return to the dream---i usually don't have creepy dreams like that----i remember thinking---he is going to knock me out and there is nothing i can do about it----grossssssssssssssss----so ,how was your weekend???? mine was okay but my dd22 was upset because someone told her that they thought her bf was 'gay'----like really gay--not just 'seeming to be' by his looks or whatever----she was crying to me and i felt really bad for her ,as the person is a good friend of the family and feels that she is looking out for dd etc----SOMETIMES IT'S HARD TO BE A MOTHER !!!!!---- for the record,he is very 'metro' but is that hard to read these days or what??????

Cowpernia
07-21-2008, 09:25 AM
The dream is creepy and the bf statement is creepy. Has that person seen him with a guy or what? What is their basis of their belief?

My new boss, the 20-something one, never makes eye contact, never says hello, good morning, how're you or anything. If I say it first, he says very shortly hi. Just like ds would. I expect more of a boss. He's really bugging me.

Have you ever been so tired that you were punchy and were saying things you shouldn't say? Things that didn't make sense or things you just should not say because you could get in trouble? I have. Recently. For example, a lot of the young women where I work have the same shapes and in their uniforms they look alike. Kind of short and wideish. I notice this when they stand around together as they tend to do. Yesterday, three of them were gathered and when two left, I said to other, "why were they all looking at you?" She asked what drug I was on as they were just talking and not looking at her and it made no sense but I guess, I was the one looking at her and them. So have you ever?

Kiwonk
07-22-2008, 01:01 PM
I say dumb things all the time when I'm tired. While we were in DC, I helped get us lost several times insisting I was right about where to go when I was really too hot and dog-tired to know my right from my left. :o

I am glad to be home where it is unseasonably cool. DC is unbearable if you have to be outside. Like living in a furnace. We had a very nice visit with DD though. She is doing great. It seems like she has grown up some more since we last saw her. I thought she was independent enough, but apparently she had more independenting to do. Perhaps it's just the difference of her not making "we" decisions any more :( In any case, the breakup was probably the best thing for her, much as I hate to say it.

Bagz, that woman is unfortunately meddling in a very destructive way. It's no better than suggesting to DD22 that her bf is cheating on her with no more evidence than that she saw him somewhere without DD. Very bad. "Help" like that nobody needs. Assure DD that she is talking out of her a**!!! (Believe me, I've been there -- one of my exes was "metro" before there was such a word, and I've heard "is he gay?" more than once)

Speaking of exes, is yours in Africa? I went to your facebook page and saw that blurb. What's that about?

Facebook is weird, isn't it? I always feel like I went to visit someone and looked through the windows instead of knocking on the door. :lol:

I don't know about keeping this thread forever. I'm going to get sick of the title one of these days. What kind of pie are you going to throw at me, Peach? I like apple, but chocolate cream sticks better.

We could come up with a permanent name if ya want.

Gotta go get my sweetie doggie. I miss her.

I wonder how much weight I gained while I was gone :p I don't want to weigh myself. Maybe I loosed some! I can dream.

Cowpernia
07-22-2008, 04:30 PM
key lime. I don't like it and won't miss it.

I like this title but we don't post as much. I was just thinking that Cherry comes in and speaks and you answer her and there's silence. No conversation. Maybe we should all talk on facebook or something else. I don't know. This is just user-unfriendly feeling.

What is about dd that makes her seem grownupish? Less giggly? Not that I know she was giggly. More filled out? More focused on a career? DS seems more grownupy a little but no so much. I don't even feel grownup. Watching Penelope right now and eating Jordan almonds.

Kiwonk
07-22-2008, 05:17 PM
What is about dd that makes her seem grownupish? Less giggly? Not that I know she was giggly. More filled out? More focused on a career? Well, she used to be giggly, but that seems to have passed a while back. Definitely not more filled out -- thin as a rail as usual. I'd say more self-assured maybe.

I don't really like Jordan almonds, so don't throw those at me, but I'll take the key lime pie.

Got my pupppydog. She's pretty glad to see me. Actually, she won't leave me alone.

I have to do something with a boneless pork roast for dinner, but DH doesn't want to do it on the outdoor fireplace (don't think it would work anyway, take too long) and I don't want to turn on the oven. Got any recipes for raw pork? Haha Just kidding.

k

Cowpernia
07-22-2008, 05:44 PM
crockpot

I am whiny. I joined this knitting swap thing where 12 women knit afghan squares and send them to one another on a schedule. They alternate plain, multi-colored and you end up with 12. I sent out the first, time passed and I haven't received one. My first sender posted that her dh didn't want her to knit while the kids are awake but now she says she's doing the second square first then catching up on the first while doing the third at the same time. I have been overlooked and feel like dumping the whole group. Hard to stay enthusiastic if it's not a give-and-get thing.

Bagzz
07-22-2008, 09:55 PM
i agree with you peach--this place feels deserted-==weird---we could start a group on facebook and post that way if we like----like on the 'wall'=-==i really don't understand how we disappeared???? WHERE ARE ALL THE THREADS THAT USED TO BE WITH OURS??? what did those people do????can kiwi explain this---i think that's why our 'sort of' regulars are not posting---it's hard enough for our 'regular' regulars to post!!!!-----
i am glad you said what you did regarding the remarks about dd bf ------get this---THE PERSON WAS MAKING THESE JUDGEMENTS BASED ON PHOTOS!!!!!---she has never met nor seen the bf----and he lives in another province----let me also mention that she is beyond opinionated-----she gets herself in hot water on a regular basis with her yap {remember when people called it a YAP---like ' shut your big YAP"---or is that Canadian???}---
i can also identify with crazy speak----i say dumb nonsensical things all the time---and stop myself before i say alot that occur to me====not as bad as my friend however!!!!----
on another topic completely---i was reading in MacLeans magazine {canadian mag sort of like newsweek} about how young men my son's age are accessing porn on the internet---it was about how there are so many regulations on tv and movies and magazines and virtually NONE on internet porn----it really upset me -----we try to keep track of what he is accessing but the kids know so much more about 'hiding' stuff---he had a computer in his room but he voluntarily moved it out of there,so that is good---he knows we are concerned and he is really good about listening to us,but HE IS A MALE AND I AM SURE THIS IS ALL VERY TEMPTING!!!--- needless to say,we only have a few years of control left---i mean just imagine all the stuff these poor kids can look at compared to what our generation could access---playboy magazine seems like a joke by comparison----AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I AM TOO OLD FOR THIS!!!!----
BACK ON TRACK HERE---- i am so happy your daughter is having a grand time in Washington,ki,that is wonderful for her---even though you miss having her around,isn't it cool to think of all the neat things she is learning and the cool people she gets to hang with!!! it really is better for them to have all kinds of experiences and as hard as it is on us,we don't want them to end up with the first person they meet!!!---all of the guys my girls have dated have been sweethearts,so it's not so bad-----
peach,your boss sounds like a bit of an introvert---he sounds too young for the job as well--you should have the job and be bossing him around---are you still interested in teaching jobs ====still scouting for possible job changes???? you should be happier at work---this is not good enough for you!!!!
okay,i am tired now---where is WABBY and is SUGAR still in CAnada????

Cowpernia
07-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Someone please start the facebook group and tell me what to do. No, I am not looking for a teaching job. I looked at every single job last summer and would be crazy crazy crazy to keep trying to put the same key in the same lock even I can see it won't fit. I don't think he's an introvert really. Between us, I think he has asperger's maybe. It's like he has no idea how to relate to people. He's really nice to customers in a rote sort of way that allows no personal interest in them.

Re computers, all I can say is I was quite shocked on day when I was looking for a picture I'd stored somewhere.

I heard that in Bagzville, a couple of million bees escaped from a truck and professional bee trainers had to be called in. The bees had been hired to pollinate the blueberries. They didn't want to leave.

Kiwonk
07-23-2008, 02:30 PM
A facebook group is not a bad idea, but it will be different from 3fc: either we would have to make it entirely private, or open it up to everyone on all our friends lists. Because of what we talk about, I think we'd want it to be private. But that means that nobody else would ever join us, even briefly. The other drawback is that Wabbit doesn't have a facebook account. What do you think, Wab? Wanna move?

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what is all that different around here -- I know what you mean that it feels a bit deserted, but really the only difference is that the list of miscellaneous clubs (threads) is down lower on the page. There do seem to be more of them and we're always at the bottom or on the second page until someone posts, but we're still there, same as always. Maybe I'm missing something about the way you are looking at it. Below is what it looks like on my computer. The first pic is the top of the page and the second is the same page but scrolled down to the bottom of it.

Did anyone see Suzanne's sticky about 500 message threads? Apparently threads are closed when they hit that magic number, so we will have to have a new thread eventually.

Another solution, quite seriously, would be to "invade" one of the permanent support groups listed at the top -- could be entertaining at the very least :s:. And maybe would give us a more stable place to return to?

k

Suzanne 3FC
07-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Ah, summer time. The cows are out to pasture, or at least on vacation perhaps? Our traffic generally slows in the summer, so maybe that's why the group isn't around as much? Though looking back, the cow traffic looks about the same :?: But honestly, if it's due to changes we've made and you are considering leaving us because of them, then we'd like to try to work with you to encourage you to stay. We're listening :)

Wabby
07-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi Suzanne! Nice that you dropped by.... I'll leave it up to the rest of the herd to tell you what would make things easier for us.

I've been at the coast for a few days. Sorry I didn't check out before I left. My brother's ex gf has a house there and though I don't advertise it to my brother, she's still a good friend of mine. The weather was perfect and I had such a relaxing time I hated to come home to reality. My dog has continued to decline and I'm going to take him for his final vet visit today. He can no longer stand, and at this point, it's cruel for me just to have him here because I can't bear to lose him. He's been such a sweet companion.

I'll be back later to chat... I have a hard day ahead of me.

Kiwonk
07-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Oh Wab, so sorry you have to do that. I'll hoist a cool drink to the sweet old guy and salute a life well lived. Hugs to you.:hug:

Kiwonk
07-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Hey, Wab, hope you are bearing up okay?

Today is my anniversary! I'm going to make fresh baked bread (I would say homemade, but let's be honest here, it was frozen) and a big steak for DH. He got me a complete car detailing at an auction the other night :lol: I'm excited to use it. Means I can avoid washing my car for another month or so.... :dizzy:

I heard from DD's exbf yesterday (he's been mostly out of town lately, working with his brother); it makes my heart hurt to read what he had to say about the breakup. Parenting, oy, doesn't get easier, does it?

Y'all have a good weekend, y'hear?

Peachie, Bagz, didja like the CNN thing? Anyone else want it?

SugP
07-27-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm still here! FaceBook kind of creeps me out for some reason. I sort of like the semi-anonymity here, but if yous cows want to go somewhere else, I will gladly follow. :D

Well, I've been busy getting a tan, feeding the squirrels and trying not to croak from this stupid hernia thing. Good days and bad days. Today was a bad, bad day and tomorrow we leave on the U.S. road trip. The only concrete plan we have is to drop in on a fellow blogger in Seattle area on Tuesday and after than anything goes. A bit of WA, maybe a bit of OR. We aren't taking the lap top with us so internet connection will be more miss than hit along the way so I'll be AWOL for about a week.

So sorry about your pooch, Wabs, and Happy Anniversary Kiweenie! Isn't it amazing how we just keep keeping on? I blame it on inertia.

Talk to y'all later! Big smooches. :hug:

Kiwonk
07-28-2008, 02:19 AM
Inertia is certainly useful in preserving the status quo, isn't it? Goodness, Sug, I hope you are feeling okay on your road trip.

Well, it's nearly August and the bats are attacking me again. Today DH decided to go to the big city for a couple of days, to hang out with our RV friends and go to a dr. appt. No sooner did he leave than a bat decided to swoop through the living room (well, it did wait until 10 pm). I of course screamed bloody murder and tripped over myself trying to get out of the room, or I tripped over something anyway, because while I was cowering in the bathroom, I realized that I'd hurt myself quite a bit - I have a big knot on my knee and a bigger one on my arm where I scraped myself badly in 2 places. Youch. When I got the nerve up to open the door enough to grab the phone, I called DH and blathered hysterically to him, and he promptly got in the car came home. Well, an hour and a half later. Anyway, bat has been dispatched and I've been icing my knee and arm. I'm really not enjoying this summer.

kiwi

Wabby
07-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Kiwi!!! Bats in the belfry again? I can so sympathize w/ you because I've been invaded by squirrels. At first I thought they were kind of cute, but they've moved into my house and started to take over the world. They chewed through the heavy plastic tub that I keep the dog food in. Then I caught a couple of them under the couch in my living room (they escaped somehow) then, as I was sitting in the family room, one was watching me from a high ledge/shelf thingie. I decided they were no better than bushy tailed rats, so I put some rat poison behind my washer in the laundry room. Now they've obviously died in the wall because my house stinks so bad I can bearly stand to be inside. I guess they had the last laugh.

Then there is the mole tearing up my yard. I filled in the pond that I was so proud of a couple years ago (Before I had grandbabies I worried about falling in). I pulled up the liner and there was a squinty eyed mole staring back at me. I actually considered whacking him w/ a shovel, but by the time I had one, he had dug himself back into the ground.

And don't get me started about Bambi eating my hostas and roses.

My poor Luke doggie is no longer suffering. He will be cremated and I'll spread his ashes here at home, where he was such a good and faithful companion for so many years. Now it's just me and my sweet Dotty dog. I keep wondering how much I can bear, and ppl say God only gives you what you can bear, but really, it's just gotten to be a bit much.

Bagzz
07-28-2008, 12:53 PM
i think God has taken a nap and we are fending for ourselves here----wabby darling---i am glad his ashes are there by you---sometimes i look out in the yard and think about the three kitties that are buried there and i smile thinking of them----Dovie,Ashes and Boffo-----these little sweeties are here for awhile to make us happy,what more can we expect i guess.....i just got back from Nova Scotia---it was beautiful ----we always meet there every summer and this year was the first year after Heather ---she was my friend with Breast Cancer and it was her cottage----it's so strange to be a group of friends with TWO widow/ers in the group-------=of five women and three men,only two are married----two women are divorced,one widow ,one single---we are all around 50-----seems weird that we ended up this way---however,between us we have TONS of kids!!! i have to go to work now but when i get back i am going to watch kiwonker's cnn piece---how cool~~~~---hope all are feeling better---will comment more later----and kiwonk---tell suzanne how she can help us---can we have our own group somehow???

Cowpernia
07-29-2008, 01:06 PM
I am still trying to see the cnn thingie. I saw the beginning and want to see it all!!! Maybe ds can download it while he has non-dialup.

So this is silly to say because I don't know what I'm talking about but it's bragging anyhow. DS is studying graph theory and it's complex and he can't explain it to me. Graphs can have lots of axis I've learned and it's sort of about that maybe. Anyhow, something looked a certain way to him and he presented his theory to the teacher who said no, that wasn't true so he prepared a presentation on it (they have weekly presentations) and now the teacher thinks he's right. So, he's trying to prove his theory and this is good.

I suppose that maybe if I had a fast computer connection, the new 3fc format would be ok with me. But as slow as this is, finding the page, scrolling around on it, maybe going to a second page is just wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, groan, wait, get tense, wait, wait, wait, omg where is it?, wait, wait for me. It used to take fewer steps and went smoother.

Kiwonk
07-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Now they've obviously died in the wall because my house stinks so bad I can bearly stand to be inside. I guess they had the last laugh. Oh yuck. We've had that lovely smell more than I want to think about. Mice, mostly. One time we had a squirrel in the walls and we got a humane trap and set it up in the garage (because we knew it came from there and could probably find its way back there). It only took a day or so till we caught it. I was afraid it would die in the wall if we poisoned it. The last time we had a squirrel, it was in the mudroom and DH chased it outside and SHOT it. Nice, huh? The tail is on his workbench :(

But as slow as this is, finding the page, scrolling around on it, maybe going to a second page is just wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, groan, wait, get tense, wait, wait, wait, omg where is it?, wait, wait for me. NO NO NO don't try to do that! Don't go through the Support Group page, you'll just get frustrated!

Let me ask you this: what page do you have bookmarked? There are 2 good ways to get to the thread: Bookmark your User CP, then click on the subscribed thread, OR bookmark the thread itself. The first is more versatile, you'll always see the latest post (if the thread is not visible, click on "View All Subscribed Threads"), but it still involves loading 1 or 2 pages before you get to the messages. The 2nd lets you go directly to the thread, no other page to load -- the drawback is that it will not update as we add more messages, so I'm not sure if you would have to click on the latest page (or course you could update the bookmark yourself).

I use Firefox, so I went and looked at it in Internet Explorer to see how different that would be -- and I think it works the same, just that they are favorites, not bookmarks. Internet Explorer is much slower than Firefox though, at least on my computer.

Cowpernia
07-29-2008, 05:52 PM
I looked in the User CP and found I was subscribed to this thread so I bookmarked the User CP. Later, I used the bookmark and my User CP said I was subscribed to no threads. I found my way here, again, through the support group and find that I have the option of UNsubscribing to this thread. I use Firefox. Nothing works.

There's a great site for knitters called Ravelry and on there is a group for people who love bats. I think there's about 30 members there now. They like their little ears and their little wings.

Kiwonk
07-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Later, I used the bookmark and my User CP said I was subscribed to no threads.
if the thread is not visible, click on "View All Subscribed Threads"it's an underlined link all the way to the right side of the page and it's purple.

There's a great site for knitters called Ravelry and on there is a group for people who love bats. I think there's about 30 members there now. They like their little ears and their little wings.Maybe they'd like some (thousands of) bats to knit little sweaters and hats for. I will send them FedEx. What's the address?

I think that's really cool about the math problem that DS is solving. He's a genius. All our children are geniuses, as we know, but he's PROVING it! haha good pun, eh?

Cowpernia
07-29-2008, 06:35 PM
This morning he proved the conjecture wrong. Still, it's good.

The CP user thingie now shows the link again. It's not that I couldn't find it. It's that it's not always present.

I really wish I had chocolate cake. Maybe I should go the Dogpatch General STore and get a Ding Dong.

Kiwonk
07-31-2008, 03:38 PM
The CP user thingie now shows the link again. It's not that I couldn't find it. It's that it's not always present.That's true, it comes and goes. Sometimes I can't figure out why -- when I logged in, the thread was there. I went to look at something else and when I came back, it was gone. My point was that when it is gone this is what you do to find it quickly without all that scrolling:if the thread is not visible, click on "View All Subscribed Threads"--it's an underlined link all the way to the right side of the page and it's purple.

Cool about DS, even if he did disprove it. Does he write math formulas on windows?

DD called yesterday on her way to the GWU clinic -- she thought she might have fractured her arm when she fell in the shower. Fortunately it's not broken, just well-bruised and needs lot of ice. Here's how she did it: She had her foot up on the shower wall, shaving her leg, when her other foot started to slip. Heck, she's lucky she didn't slice off a toe or whack herself unconscious.

Have to go have fun swimming and visiting with out of town friends at their camp up on The Other Lake. What I really should be doing is taking my final exam for my editing course, but hey, it's not due for another week. Why rush into these things, eh? :shrug:

ta

Kiwonk
08-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey! All you people out there having fun in the summertime! :cool:

All we get is rain rain rain, but I am optimistic -- maybe there will be swimming tomorrow. Tomorrow Tomorrow

Obviously I have nothing to say and no particular reason to post.

ta

Cowpernia
08-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Tomorrow is here. Are you swimming? I ran out of Fancy Feast and my kitty is sad.

Going to work. Now.

Kiwonk
08-03-2008, 03:22 PM
It's tomorrow. It's damp and gloomy again. Oh well, we are going to stay over at friends' camp with jovial group of visiting friends. Even Jet gets to come for a sleepover. I think I am mildewing.

k

P.S. I have 9-Lives in my pantry. Come and help yourself. My kitties are happy with dry food.

Cowpernia
08-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Who's taking of the bats while you're away?

Wabby, how's your wall smell? Please come talk.

My boy is home and it's so nice. The class was offered tuition waiver if they'd go to grad school there AND the program included paid travel to one of several undergrad research symposiums or whatever they're called. He's thinking about Indiana. Don't know why. The list includes NY and Cal.

Kiwonk
08-04-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm sure the kitties have been looking after the bats, although I have to admit I don't see any sign of wings or anything.

I can't even bring myself to describe this, but did anyone else read about the horror that happened on a Canadian bus the other day?

We are home. It rained on and off for the past 24 hours, much as it has for days or weeks or I don't know how long. I feel clammy. Jet would not settle down at our friends' camp and spent the whole time pacing around and around and back and forth and finally had a seizure, much to my surprise and dismay. And then another one today, although I had confined her in a room with me all night and she slept well, and then I made sure she stayed calm this morning. I feel so bad, not sure if this is because she stressed out so much yesterday. She doesn't relax at other people's houses, and usually I let her go back in the car after a while, but it was pouring rain all afternoon and I didn't want her out there in that. It never occurred to me that it could be so stressful for her that she would start seizuring again. Now I don't know if she is getting enough medication or whether we will have to bump it up. And the only way to find out is to wait and see if she has another :( , now that she's home and under no stress. This is such a bummer. She loves other people and dogs, loved wandering through the water by the edge of the lake, and everyone loves to pet her because she's so silky; I would hate to have to keep her home all the time to lower her stress level. Blah.

Well, woe is me and all, good grief I go on and on. :rolleyes:

Fantastic that DS is home, Peach! When you say Indiana, are you talking about graduate school plans? Or symposia?

DD will be home Saturday, can't wait. She has big stuff going on from this summer internship too; may be able to work part time at alphabetsoup field office in Collegetown when she returns from Oman (I don't think I should be specific in case of googling activity).

Must go make comfort food dinner. Too much partying lately.

kiwi

Cowpernia
08-05-2008, 03:33 AM
No, I didn't read about the bus.

Amazing about the alphabet job prospect. Just last weekend, she was doing high school singing performances in Dogpatch, New England and seemingly quite content.

Wabby
08-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Hi Cowsies. The squirrel smell is getting better, but I think the survivors have morphed into super squirrels. I can hear them in the attic above the family room having races back and forth. My next plan of attack is rat traps. I can't handle anymore rotting carcuses in the wall.

I've been busy w/ babies and building my new fountain where the pond used to be. Did I mention that I single handedly removed the pond? I should have arms of steel after moving all the rock one by one.

DD's good friend died last week from uterine cancer. Only 28 years old and she leaves a 4 year old daughter. I can't believe that sassy girl is gone. She was so full of life. Her sister died of the same type of cancer at 17. How would you live through losing your only 2 children? Her mother is of course, devastated and I feel so helpless to comfort her.

I'm so sorry about your Jet, Kiwi. I hope he settles down and starts to do better now that he's home.

Cowpernia
08-07-2008, 11:15 AM
did someone start a new thread and not tell me? I have nothing to say as all my thoughts are b*tching about work, knitting, hanging out with ds, going to work and feeling very tired. I did read about the bus incident, finally. Unbelievable.

You know my Dogpatch is a suburb of a bigger Dogpatch. We have one gas station at the general store and a satellite post office in the same store. There's a bbq place and a drive-through store where I've bought super glue, sodas, and needles. We also have the highest rated water system for small towns in the state. A few weeks ago, I got a call from the water company saying they noticed I hadn't used any water and wondered if I were still here and did I need any help. Turned out the water meter was broken and they said "everything's ok. You just got some free water." Sweet of them.

How's Jet doing? Life is so complicated.

Bagzz
08-07-2008, 11:27 PM
LIFE IS INDEED COMPLICATED---- mostly because there are too many people living in my house this summer and for some reason--maybe menopause,i have not dealt with it very well---i have decided to live in denial---or rather,over at my sisters----every evening i go over there,have a few MIKES and whine and bit@# about things and then go home-----it works for now----the best part of the last few days was taking a limo ride with my friends from the seventies to see the EAGLES---they were fantastic---it was an outdoor concert with 55,000 people=---all well behaved---it was almost magical---these old friends and i used to spend night after night perfecting eagle's tunes---we sang them over and over and over--so to be on this adventure with them---it was wonderful====there are a few pics on facebook of the gathering in the limo----one of our friends who does very well as a corporate lawyer paid for the limo for all of us-----sweet!!! other than that great event i have been a hag and a whinebag all summer long---not much of a summer either-----rain or fog mostly!!

Kiwonk
08-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I think they deserve a medal for giving a ****. I suppose it's more in the way it was phrased than in the motivation, but it was nice.

Jet has stopped seizuring since we came home. I really think that stress caused it. The meds must be keeping her just above the threshold to prevent them. So, I will need to be a little more careful about letting her pace for hours (duh)

That excursion sounds FANTASTIC, Bagz!

I went to see the old bf from ny yesterday. He and his new wife of 2 years were vacationing on the coast, and we had lunch. It was actually very enjoyable, not even awkward. She was great. It's nice to meet people that you actually like. I keep forgetting that in other parts of the world there are people who have functioning brains and can carry on a conversation that you might actually want to participate in.

Did I say that?

It is still raining here. Has been since I got back from the beach 2?3? weeks ago. atrearggggggggggggehaeiraopfja;sldfja; :censored:

I want someone to drink mike's with.

k

Kiwonk
08-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh my god, I can't tell you how much life sucks. Just when I am happy happy happy that my sweet DD is home and even the rain has stopped and the sun has come out, I get smacked down hard for having the temerity to show up at a public performance. We got home from the airport in time to go to a concert in the park that some of DD's friends from h.s. were in, including the exbf. This was the first time I'd seen any of his family since we found out about the breakup and I went to say hello to his mother who was sitting in her car, only to have her turn and make a phone call as I approached. I went around the other side of the car to say hello to the grandmother, so as not to disturb the phone call and she did not even look up. So I gave that up and walked (I had the dog with me) back across the street into the park and said hello to his brother and father and got barely any better treatment from them. I have to admit I was thoroughly shocked. I kind of expected that they'd be very protective of him, but I didn't think I was going to be a pariah in my own town. DD claims that she was expecting that, but she felt really bad sitting there listening to the concert, almost no one talking to her. How can people be that immature that they can't even be civil to someone like that? A week ago, the ex invited us to this, and another, event. He, by the way, was civil to us, but understandably "busy" with the concert and so on. I can only thank my lucky stars we decided not to go to the other event, which would have been all family: apparently we would have frozen the place up solid.

And those were my last, count 'em, last friends in this place. I'm done. If it weren't for DD, I'd just walk away right now.

So, how was your day?

Cowpernia
08-10-2008, 02:51 AM
Sorry Kiwi. Sounds very lonely and a hard situation. I wouldn't have expected them to blame YOU. I'm sure they have no reason to think that you put dd up to breaking up with him.

I really want a new job in the same store. I just don't know what job. But I"m sure I want another job and there are lots of things to do there. I think. But not all for women and stuff. Sleepy. Must go.

You're welcome to move here, Kiwi. Houses are cheap, DD can come visit here as easily as there. You can buy acres for Jet to sniff around on.

Cowpernia
08-10-2008, 11:04 AM
DS told me that yesterday he stopped at a burger joint on the way home and was almost run over. Another young person pulled into the parking lot and DS had to jump out of the way to avoid being hit. He was hit on the leg but not injured and his hand hit the car. The young person pulled into their spot and asked if he were ok. I thought of you, Kiwi, because I felt like the bf's family. If DS were hurt, I would want to go after his whole family. What idiots raised this kid? They need to have me, personally, smack their faces. I know it's not reasonable but it's the emotion that came up.

SugP
08-10-2008, 05:24 PM
I had chocolate cake yesterday and a Ding Dong last week and even opened up a couple cans of Fancy Feast for the cats around here. One is black and white, one is white and black and they despise each other. Stevie Wonder would not be pleased.

Also, bears are everywhere. Paw prints on the windows in the morning after they take down the hummingbird feeders and drink the sugar water and one knocked over the compost bin the other night. :o

We had an interesting time camping in the U.S. The people were soooo nice and so polite and so customer service oriented. What a difference. Convenience and choice, that's what it's all about. And the shopping is fabulous compared to Dullsville. I should have bought more, but I thought the nice young man at the Canadian border would actually care what we were bringing in. He just waved us on through after a few steely-eyed questions.

Now, in our last week here, we're swamped with lunches and dinners with old people who are apparently just dying (not literally) to see us after totally ignoring us for the past two decades. Family friends and such. You know how it is. I am stressed. I do NOT, NOT, NOT want to go back. Ugh. Only 6 more years until ds12 graduates. I hope I make it.

SugP
08-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Oh yeah, that bus incident was all over the papers here and I am just appalled. How absolutely horrible. Can you imagine being there?? There's a bit outcry over the lack of help for people with mental illness in Canada so hopefully something good will come out of it. :?:

SugP
08-10-2008, 05:29 PM
P.S. For the first time in history my weight ticker actually shows my real weight because I have been loosing since we go there. Yay! I know I'll get back home, get all depressed and start stuffing again, but it's been nice while it lasted.

P.P.S. EVERYONE wears crocks here.

Bagzz
08-11-2008, 04:28 PM
oh my goodness sugar--your trip and visit sounds eventful= stay away from those crazy bears----|
----i was shocked out to find out that the nut on the bus had just emigrated from China---didn't they check his background---obviously he must have had some 'issues'====and then in China some nut murdered and almost murdered and American Tourist and his wife--they were relatives of a coach for one of the olympic teams----HELLO!!!! no offence to China,but calm down you people!!!! {totally racist comments i am sure,but one get's pissed now and again,and lately i am a ***** most of the time}
Miss PEachbat--when i worked at Sobeys---- grocery store,i liked working at the 'canteen' as they once called it----i got to make doughnuts,sandwiches and hotdogs-----and sometimes i even got meager tips!!! do they have a section for a sitdown and a cuppa????
and last but not least KIWI!!! THAT IS ONE AMAZING STORY---THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME IN ALLLLLLLLLLLLL THE BREAKUPS IN THIS CRAZY HOUSE----how rude of those people!!! unbelievable---esp since you have all been so nice to each other---were they supposed to marry????that is the only answer to this???? ridiculous!!! unbelievable. Even the poor mother of the Dane was sweet to me and dd and i fully expected her to hate us after what her son went through. They are the ones missing out.

Kiwonk
08-12-2008, 07:54 PM
If DS were hurt, I would want to go after his whole family. What idiots raised this kid? They need to have me, personally, smack their faces. I know it's not reasonable but it's the emotion that came up.I know the feeling. It's that completely innate protectiveness every mother must have. So, it's not that I don't understand the bf's parents' feelings, but they loved DD too and they ought to be more grownup than to still (after 2 months) be so upset/angry that they can't talk to us. I guess they were more invested in the idea of the kids getting married. But no, there was no engagement at all, there never was.

In reality, I feel like as parents we are all in the same boat -- we're sad about it too; it feels like losing a member of the family. Funny thing, though, I've gone through the exact same thing when I did lose a member of the family: when my dad died, my stepmother clearly stopped giving a crap about us. It was uncanny. She was always fairly polite about it though.

Bagzz
08-13-2008, 03:09 PM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa CANADA HASN'T WON A SINGLE MEDAL AT THE OLYMPICS----COUNTRIES I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF HAVE WON MEDALS!!! WE SUCK!!!!----THIS IS SO EMBARASSING!!! i have been staying up too late watching the gymnastics---isn't it funny how the boys can be so thrilled to win a bronze and the girls can be so sad to win a silver???? i guess they say you don't win the silver -'you lose the gold'-----oh well---i am really enjoying michael phelps amazing run--cross your fingers that he isn't on any dope---that would totally suck---i was so sad about the JONES runner who ended up in jail!!! and that stupid canadian Ben Johnson started it all back in the eighties!!!------------the sun came out after two weeks---they said people up here were suffering from SAD----in the summer for lards sake!!!! pathetic!! END OF MEANINGLESS RANTING!~

Cowpernia
08-14-2008, 01:12 AM
Oh I can't get enough of ranting. Rant RANT RANTTT ON! Sister!! I am just off work. I have whined to all the bosses about how I want another job in the store and then I learned the liquor store woman is moving to a different store. So I think maybe I could be happy there. Thennnn (I am boring myself) this woman bought some stuff from me and asked for cigarettes. I had no bagger and was far from the cigarette place so I rushed off to get them. The woman BEHIND HER yelled that she wanted ciggys too. So off I go, get the ciggys, rush back, ring them up and the woman in front says, "Sorry ma'am. This was a liquor check. I'm underage." She will be OF AGE in FIVE 5 FIVE days. Five days. So I failed and got all yelled at (quietly) and written up and I don't know if I would be trusted in the liquor store or not. But, the person up at the counter selling lottery tickets also failed and she's still there selling them so who knows.

CAnadians are only good at skiing and fishing through little holes in the ice. We all know that. They are cute, though.

Kiwonk
08-14-2008, 08:09 PM
-isn't it funny how the boys can be so thrilled to win a bronze and the girls can be so sad to win a silver???? I thought exactly the same thing. Doesn't say much for the girls' sportsmanship that they couldn't buck up and be happy. Good grief. We started watching the women's gymnastics with DD and the first thing she said when saw the USA team was "oo--b****y girls". :lol:

the woman in front says, "Sorry ma'am. This was a liquor check. I'm underage." That is so mean: you were set up! I'll bet it was on purpose so someone less qualified could get the liquor counter job. Sorry, I'm a born pessimist.

Today I got this in a newsletter:
Silly or Snappy? You be the judge!
Nothing is more personal than your own name. It is a part of you; it defines who you are. Besides, it’s stuck with you for life- unless you are willing to sort through the mountain of paperwork required to change it. But what’s behind a name?
Is it as simple as choosing your favorite relative and passing their name on to your son or daughter? Or can it come from something that has sentimental value to you? In some cases, people decide to take it a step further and choose very unusual names; just to be unique.

Celebrity parents have played a big part in this trend, and this month Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban turned heads when they settled on Sunday Rose as their daughter’s name.
With such a stir over the Hollywood couple’s name choice, we decided to look at some of the most popular baby names over time and see whether we could find anything as unique as ‘Sunday!’ Livescience.com has a complete listing of all the top baby names over time (according to the U.S. Social Security Administration) including the top five from both 1950, and 2007! Although we did not find anything quite as unique as Sunday, we did notice that the most popular names have changed quite a bit when compared to those in the fifties. Take a peek at the top five baby names from 1950 and 2007, and see if your name made the cut!
I thought that was so stupid I wrote them a letter pointing out that "popular" and "unique" are mutually exclusive and offering my services as a copyeditor. :lol: That's my rant for today.

DD got her wisdom teeth out today. She had general anesthetic, and she was a riot. She told me as we were waiting to be able to leave that her "nole is ton". She meant her tongue was numb. We had a hilarious conversation. She's been sleeping pretty much ever since.

Oh, by the way, Michael Phelps is on this new program of Super Drug testing that some of the best athletes are doing, to prove they're clean.

DD's up. Gotta go.

Kiwonk
08-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm not yard-saling with my mil and sil.
I'm not taking a ride with my fil.
I'm not sleeping on the porch with my chin on the floor.
I'm not depositing cat hair on dd's bed.

No indeed, those are things that other members of my household are doing.

I am surfing the internet in my pajamas and stressing about how soon dd is leaving for a lifetime abroad.

k

Cowpernia
08-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Of all those, I choose sleeping with chin on floor.

I am stressed about many things. DS leaving in a week and not being a bit sorry about it is one. But it's only one.

Kiwonk
08-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Your DO (Darling Offspring) is driving you slowly insane too? I'm sure it's their way of sparing us any pain in their leaving. I was looking for a smily to put at the end of that sentence, but the only one that seemed right was :barf: . DD is doing her stubborn stop-helping-me-you-annoying-old-woman act (she didn't actually say that, that's just what it feels like). What is DS doing for his "farewell" performance?

Aren't they adorable? Fortunately, DD has a friend who's home for the weekend and is hanging out with her quite a bit. It distracts her from the exbf family neglect stress. Although it is also distracting her from coming up with a packing list or any other preparations for her trip to the other side of the world. Maybe she figures if she forgets anything, she can come home on the weekend. :lol3: It is going to be a mucho stressful final week before leaving. Of course she won't want me to help, so perhaps I should just leave her to it? :tired:

Bagz has been gallavanting all over the place, playing golf, riding in limos to fancy concerts. She posts photos on phacebook to make me jealous.

I am still trying to get back on track eating-wise after too much vacationing/visiting/bbqs. It's hard to eat right when you hate going to the store so much. I could just eat blueberries out of the yard :shrug:

Bagzz
08-17-2008, 10:40 PM
haha--gallivanting indeed!! i am trying to escape my life!!!--the past weekend was spent in margueritaville---i was at sissy's cottage ---remember kiwi--you and peach were there before sissy made it into a monster of a place----the gang from the Eagle's Concert was there and we stayed up til past three each evening {well,i did crash at two last night.and a few of them stayed up til FIVE!!}---around the fire,playing guitar etc----i was into the pre-mixed Margies from Shmirnoff----tequila based with grand marnier---do i have any after effects???? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh indeed!!!---the orphanage is beginning to empty out---one has left for Colorado College,another leaves for Nova Scotia tomorrow----one is leaving for Vet School at the end of the week----the place is still a dump,but it will be quieter soon=---i think i know what you all mean by the good-bye behaviour----it does help to have them acting all adult like-----this nest leaving thing is endless---how many times do we have to go through it!!!-----well,must get some advil and retire----i think i may need to start a 12 step program tomorrow===ohh---and i guess Canada finally got a few medals thank heavens---at least i have Michael Phelps!!!

Wabby
08-18-2008, 08:31 PM
I want Bagzie's life. At least the Margaritaville part. I could rant, but I'll save it for later. Sugar was within 1 1/2 hours of my house and she didn't stop in. I really don't blame her, it's a nuthouse lately........ and I'm not talking about squirrels. I let the sweet stepgrandson6 stay the night. He was afraid to sleep in the guest room upstairs, so I let him sleep in my bed. He wet it, and he's not a bedwetter. Geez. It could have something to do with all the watermelon he ate right before bedtime.

Kiwonk
08-19-2008, 03:52 PM
:lol: Oh dear! Wabby, you must not know whether to laugh or cry! I'd feel sorry for the little fellow if it wasn't in your bed!

I want to go to margueritaville too! Did you know that ibuprofin after an evening of overindulging can make you really sick to your stomach? Take Tylenol instead.

It's only 64 degrees here, isn't that weird? A couple of days ago it was hot. I have to go change my weather thingamajigs so I can see the temp in Oman. Damn, only 9 days to go. We were going to make a little trip of this, take DH's mother and stay with in-law relatives in Connecticut, then take DD to the airport (she is flying out of NY), then take the MIL visiting for a day or 2, then home. Found out yesterday all her relatives are coming up here to visit her 3 days before we were going to go there. Totally blew our plans; now it will cost us a fortune in hotels, food, as well as the gas of course, and all just to drop the little darling off at the airport. My life is so ******ed.

If I were an hour and a half from Wabbit, I would definitely stop by. Let's go beat Sugar up. (Just kidding, dear...)

There is a tennis ball at my feet. I wonder what that means.

Bagzz
08-20-2008, 11:20 PM
okay i hate the way this works---can we start a thread on some other site,like the fiftysomethings or what ever the ****--i hate that we hardly talk anymore cause it's too much trouble to find us----i am sure we can get in somewhere-=---help me someone---I MISS YOU GUYS---THIS IS BORING!!!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP'~~~~@@@~!~!~

Kiwonk
08-22-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm okay with that. Don't we still have a couple of babies that are <50? Let's take a poll. I figure we could put a thread under 50+ or Alternachicks, any other possibilities? We can ask their moderator once we decide which.

Of course you know it's August and we don't move very fast in this heat...

Only 6 days before the dd shoves off for distant shores. She has homework already. And of course she won't let me help with her anything. Not to worry, I will impose myself on her anyway, probably tick her off, but get a few things in motion.

Hey, guess what I'm doing next weekend after we get back from NYC? I'm going to work on a voter registration drive! Doesn't that sound like fun? Rah?

Olympic report:

Alexander Despatie: still cute.

American, Canadian, Jamaican runners: very hot.
Except Jeremy Warinner, who strikes me as a jerk.

Russian runners: Not hot.

The E.T. Race: hilarious (BMX racing, where they actually pedal off into the sky)

Cowpernia
08-22-2008, 08:13 PM
We have Fay the Storm creeping up on us. DS is supposed to start classes Monday. He has no time to buy books as the storm will prevent him from going til Sunday, I think. Maybe it'll be good enough by Sunday. He has no homework. The Olympics is weird. Beach volleyball? Little bikey things that go over bumps? Silly willy.

Bagzz
08-24-2008, 02:05 AM
oKAY!!KIWI---FIND US ANOTHER HOME ON THIS SITE!!! i know we don't talk much in the summer but i am going back to work and i need posting to entertain me---good luck with your baby ----getting her off and on her way---believe me---it ain't easy----i won't bore you with the details but suffice it to say,getting dd22 to her university was a disaster----the fully packed van broke down--FOR GOOD!!--- IT CANNOT BE REVIVED!!===and we had to have it towed to the island!!!!----the total cost after having the van 'fixed' for travel and the towing---THIRTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!like my dh said--we could have had chartered a helicopter to move her for that price--the university is only three hours away!!

Bagzz
08-24-2008, 02:06 AM
peach babe---take care in that stupid storm--i heard it keeps leaving and coming back---CRAZY!!!

Cowpernia
08-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Who is Ellis? What political discussion? No freedom of speech? I am so confused by our lack of privacy. Kiwi, get to it.

Sad about the van Stressful. DS is in the shower and should be driving away soon. I hope he goes soon so he can get there and settle in. He is a procrastinator of divine extremes.

This morning, the storm had passed. On the map, the eye was beyond us and all the rain north. But, it spirals and the rain is west now. It's probably come back around and hit us. So far, though, it's just been lovely sideways rain.

ellis
08-24-2008, 12:11 PM
I am Ellis.

The forum rules are here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50973
including rule number 12:
12. Do NOT fight with the mods and admins. This is a large website and it's a big job for us to keep it running smoothly. If we ask you to stop doing something or change something, please just do it. We do not have the time to debate this with you. If your post or thread is deleted or locked, accept it and understand that we do not have time to send you a detailed explanation. Re-read the rules to refresh your memory as to why it happened. There will be no discussion on these matters. If you become a nuisance, you will lose your posting privileges.

and the rule against political discussion is here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcement.php?f=40

Bagzz
08-24-2008, 04:17 PM
oops!!!! i guess calling Edwards unsexy is not acceptable.I am not fighting with you Ellis---i just could care less about politics,and was making a comment on his manliness. I will re-read the rules and see what i did wrong.

ellis
08-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Don't worry about it, Bagzz. ;) And I know you weren't fighting with me. I figured while I was on cleaning duty, I'd throw in the forum rules link for anyone who was planning on fighting me in the future. :lol:
I love your new profile pic, btw ... what a perfect action shot!

Cowpernia
08-25-2008, 10:40 AM
My gawwwd, ellis, if you're on cleaning duty, get your arse down here and start on my kitchen. And how come bagz gets to say EDWARDS and I don't? Hmmm. Canadians. I smell a conspiracy.

DS is having problems and I am distressed that he hands them to me. Can anyone relate? I can't fix his problems. I can't even give decent advice. I just want to handle my own life and have him handle his. Really, it's upsetting. I hate that he closes off all the good parts of his life and just gives me the crap.

Bagzz
08-25-2008, 11:32 AM
my mother used to say that---we only called her from university when something was going WRONG!!!!----true ---i guess nothing changes much through the generations!!!----my kids do it too!!
regarding Ellis being Canadian like MEEEE--hahaha---we don't have any sexy politicians since Pierre Elliot Trudeau passed on---all we are stuck with are dweebs like Stéphane Dion and men who look like Siberian Huskies with cold ,cold icy blue eyes---men who shake hands with their little children instead of hugging them---[insert Prime Minister Stephen Harper}here is my question Ellis---can we critique the politicians on their looks and physiques?????and their morals?????---also the pm of France has a great story going--------------------

ellis
08-25-2008, 11:40 AM
can we critique the politicians on their looks and physiques?????and their morals?????
I doubt it, but I'll check with Suzanne before you start. :lol:
I'm with you on Pierre Elliot, though. What a charmer. :love:

Kiwonk
08-25-2008, 02:22 PM
--we don't have any sexy politicians since Pierre Elliot Trudeau passed on--Well, we are trying to remedy that very situation here in the states, as you know. Both our candidates are very sexy, don't you think? ;)

--men who shake hands with their little children instead of hugging them--:brr: Wow, that's chilly.

Miss World Traveler is almost all packed, and she was gone for the day when I got up -- went to help a friend "paint her room". :dunno: I hadn't been aware that she was going anywhere today, so I promptly burst into tears. This is going to be a long long week. :stress:

Sorry to hear DS is dumping his problems on you Peach. Hope he figures it out on his own. I don't usually hear about DD's problems until she has consulted everyone else she knows.

I'm going to go set up a facebook group. CU later.
k

SugP
08-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Yes, Stephen Harper is very, very scary. You should see my mother shout at him when she's watching the news.:D

I'm going to go set up a facebook group. CU later.
k

Our hero! :hug:

Kiwonk
08-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Yes, Stephen Harper is very, very scary. You should see my mother shout at him when she's watching the news.:DI think I'd like your mother!