WW Clubs and Groups - FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #5

View Full Version : FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #5

Zoe
06-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Hi everyone :wave: Just thought I would start a new thread since our #5 disappeared. No biggie, we'll just continue on.....

Zoe
06-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Hello Friends ~

Some of you may know, back in February, I dropped my cell phone into water. Well, really, in the toilet. :(

After it dried out, it's been temperamental, only certain buttons working at certain times - when it feels like it. If it isn't working, I just SLAM it on my desk and it just might start working again – temporarily.

Also, the voice mail option does not work! I have had 10 voice mail messages in there since the "water event" but when I try to go to my voice mail, it says "Verizon wireless – your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again". WHAT? Excuse me? What do you mean, check my number? I'm dialing voice mail for Pete's Sake! So needless to say, I cannot get any of my voice mail messages. (So if you left me a voice mail between February and now, I didn't get it)

That is story #1 :D

Story #2 - I'm driving to work on Wednesday - First of all, I only drive myself to work one day a week – Wednesday, since I go to the Chiropractor after work on Wednesdays. Usually, Greg and I drive together and we (well, HE) listens to ESPN on the radio. I don't have a choice. J Second, I almost never listen to the radio anymore. I used to listen to 94.9, our local Christian Contemporary station but now, I am usually listening to CD's – Casting Crowns is my newest and I cannot get enough of their music. So Wednesday, I'm driving myself to work that morning and for a change, for some strange reason, I have the radio on - listening to 94.9, KLTY. These 2 things in itself – driving myself to work and listening to the radio rather than CD's, is out of the "norm" for me.

I hear them say "register to have your electric bill paid". I listen and hear that KLTY is hosting a contest called "Lighten Your Load".

The winner(s) each week win their electric bill paid for one month during this hot summer season. So I get to work and while on my morning break, I remember what I heard and register. Day closes, the contest is now a distant memory, out of my thoughts.

Thursday, I'm on my break at 9:30 that morning and see that I have a missed call and a voice mail. YIKES! Voice mail?? I can't get my voice mail, remember? I look at the number that I missed and have absolutely no idea who it is. So I get online to MSN and do a reverse look up by phone number. Oh my gosh! The number belongs to KLTY, the radio station! Now what? I can't get my voice mail! So tell me, if I cannot get my voice mail messages, why did I try? I don't know……but guess what? I was able to get in and HEAR the message! "Hi Patti, this is Frank Reed from KLTY. I need you to call my voice mail and leave me a phone number where I can call you on Friday between 9 and 10 am". Wow! I call his number, leave him a message telling him that the phone number he called is a good number and also send him an email saying the same.

Friday morning – 9:20am, my cell phone rings. "Hello – " <heart pounding> "Hi Patti, this is Frank Reed from KLTY, how are you today……"….blah, blah, blah….. Woo Hoo! I won $300 for my electric bill!!!

My Miracle:

#1: I do not usually drive myself to work
#2: I do not usually listen to the radio
#3: My voice mail on my cell phone has not worked since February
#4: My voice mail has since stopped working again! (Thank you Jesus!)

So, this coming Monday, June 9th, at 7:20am, I will be on the radio, having WON this contest! That's right, ME!! I'll be on the radio, talking to the morning DJ, Frank Reed, and probably sounding goofy and silly.

Make sure you tune your radios to 94.9 KLTY this Monday morning, June 9th, before 7:20 am so that you can hear me win 300 bucks!

If you don't live locally, you can still hear it by going to www.klty.com and clicking on "Listen Live" and "Windows Media Player" at the top right.

This is truly a miracle! And now, I can't say that I never win anything!!

short & sassy
06-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Good morning ladies,

Wow, we lost some post, but as Zoe said onward we shall go. Hope everyone is having a great weekend...mine has gotten off to a slow start. I had planned on working out and cleaning, it's almost 11:00 am and all I've managed so far is one load of clothes, one load of dishes and 30 minutes of yoga! I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I think I finally crawled back in back at 7:00 am and slept until my daughter came home around 9:00 am. So as soon as I'm through posting, it will be time for me to get with the program!

Zoe, that is great and just goes to prove that miracles still do exist! All we have to do on our part is pay attention! If you are like me there are a lot of things to use an extra 300.00 for...like new clothes! I hope you have a good weigh in today.

Terri, Essie, Diane, and Jen...how are you guys? Hope to hear from you soon.

Jen, how is the Wii going? I have started losing again, and Ive lost an inch in my waist! Those yoga exercises are terrific...I really give the Wii credit for the recent losses.

short & sassy
06-07-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm back. The computer was so slow earlier, that I just got off the computer.

Since we lost our most recent post, I'll try to fill you in on my week:

Work: Annual evaluations were this week. I received a .50 raise with .50 more in 6 months if I don't blow it. My plans for securing the human resource may have just gone down the drain. I recently started taking classes so that I could get another degree in Human Resource. You see, we are on our 4th human resource administrator since I've been with the company. The current girl is not from Louisiana...her husband is military and I figured that when she eventually left, I might step into the position. Well...she just resigned effective in 10 days!! I doubt that I will be approached, but if history repeats itself I may still get a chance later on!

Weight Loss: Well I'm not sure how much I had posted and how much you read before we lost the post...but I've been walking on the treadmill and using he Wii Fit 4-5 days a week. In the two weeks since I've had it, I have lost aobut 3 lbs. This morning I weighed 166.4 I have also finally droped a few sizes. I have gone from a tight 18 to a comfortable 14-16. I am thrilled and real ly beleive that the Wii Fit is responsible. I invited my stepdaughter Misty over this afternoon. We created herMii and she worked out for 30 minutes. She was so surprised at how tough the exercises where. Now she wants one and we may get it for her birthday..

Well, I'm gonna watch some tv, take a nap...and then walk on the threadmill.

short & sassy
06-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Hey girls, it's so lonely in here...

Hope you all had a good weekend? Ill check in later.

pattygirl63
06-09-2008, 10:30 AM
:wave:Hi Ruth,

I didn't even know this thread was here. Jane told me about it and that you were over here. I didn't know you were a WW gal, guess I missed that or forgot it. I started back on Flex yesterday. Now that DH is past the surgery and recovering it seems that I my attitude has changed about my eating. I think I was really stressing out the last 10 months as we have struggled with this. I've been widowed twice and I think I had a fear of it happening again. Any way, I got up yesterday morning and it all fell in place for me. Which WW plan are you following?

Not a lot going on here since DH can't or doesn't want to go anywhere for the 1st two weeks post surgery. I don't blame him as he is having to where a cathater for 14 days (I wouldn't want to go anywhere either). So the plan is to go to the doctors office "only" for a couple of weeks. I will go to the store a couple of times by myself duing that time which will be good for me but strange because we go just about every where together.

Doesn't seem to be much going on this thread right now, probably because the site was down. I think it is great to find others doing the same thing:) and I look forward to meeting them. Better run.

You have a great day.

:hug:,
Trish

Jane
06-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi, mind if I pop in?

Zoe - wow, that was really magic, you winning the electric bill prize! I wish someone would pay mine for a month or 2, lol. Especially since my home is all electric.

Ruth - a big yay for the raise! I was a HR director for several years, and liked it. Working in that field lets you help lots of people, and is so rewarding. You're doing so great on your weight loss. :cp:

Trish - when Neal was down with his back, I started doing all sorts of things that I don't normally do. Gotta say I was real happy when he was able to get back into the swing of things, lol. I'm so glad you're back OP. Bet you feel better already! :hug:

Well, I'm doing fine OP. I think I'm more active now, too, since I'm babysitting Mary's 3 girls full time. They keep me hopping, lol. Do any of you seem to take better care of yourself in general when you are OP?

Gotta run - have a good day!

Katiecat
06-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Hello...I think I fit the criteria for this group: in my 40's, doing WW, I'm not fit, but I'm FAB!!! :broc: LOL

Well, not feeling super fab right now, but I just love that dancing broccoli :D These guys too: :carrot::cb::dance:

Wow, that looks like some kinda weird exercise DVD...

Anyway, mind if I join in?

(Hi Jane :wave:)

da fat n da furious
06-09-2008, 09:26 PM
just short of 3 months ...ya won't kick me out for not being 40 will ya? lol

Hello all....

Zoe,,,I just love stories like that.

well off to bed,,,
night all

(hi Jane)

short & sassy
06-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi Ladies,

Welcome to our little group. We have all been doing weight watchers for some time. We all started out as 40 somethings and then we began having those darn 50th...I'll turn the big 50 in a little over 3 months...so hence the Fab & Fit 40's and 50's.

Katie, how long have you been doing weight watchers. I've stopped and started several times over the years, but this time I'm changing my life habits for good. And I'm definitely on my way to being fit. My goal is to spend the rest of my life being a more active and healthy 50 ish lady.

Hey Jane, well I may drop a hint to the owner of the company tomorrow that I'm taking the human resource classes. I worked for his wife at the college overseeing a program that allowed students to earn credits for their jobs. I managed the enrollment, kept track of students assignments. So, if he mentions it to his wife she would definitely be in my corner. Secondly, I know that for our company human resource also takes care of all the company functions. I also have experience with that. For two years straight I oversaw the welding suppliers regional meeting. It was my responsibility to figure expenses, registrations fees, send out all registration materials, plan activities...etc, in fact my boss at the time told me if I ever wanted to go into party planning that I'd be good at it. So anyway...maybe I need to drop a little bug in his ears.

Hey Angie, welcome, I don't think we'll kick you out...you will just keep the rest of us young!!

Trish, I'm so glad that your husband is doing well and that now you have a little less stress on you. I can only imagine how scared you were after being widowed twice before.

Well ladies, the rest of my group should be along pretty soon. Summers are always a little slow in here. I believe Terri is visiting her mother and should be back soon. Zoe and I tend to go awol from time to time. Usually when we are off track with our lifestyle changes!!

So, everyone take care...I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Jane
06-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Hello all,

Mary Kate - you ARE fab, for sure. And we're trying to get fit, so that's what matters, right?

Angie - you can be the baby of the group, how's that? We'll have a big cyber party on your 40th birthday.

Ruth - I think you'd be great in HR, for sure, with your personality. That's a very rewarding field, and I still get cards and an occasional phone call from past employees, and that makes me feel good.

We're having lasagna for dinner tonight, so I'll have to be very careful with portion control, and I've planned my lunch accordingly to have enough points for the lasagna. That's one thing I LOVE about WW, the flexibility is awesome! :carrot:

ttfn,

dpadro
06-10-2008, 04:02 PM
HOLY,MOLY! This place is jumping! I thought I was in the wrong place, so many new people :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: everyone!

Ruthie - you are doing great girl - 166!!! That wii thing is really working for you. :bravo: on the sizes lost too - I'm happy for you. Hope things work out as far as the HR job.

ZoeGirl - Congrats on winning free electricity, lol. That's great. :bravo: on your loss too!

Hi Terri, Jen, Es & Sandy - how is everyone?

We are having a Father's Day barbecue with about 25 people and that's just family, lol. It should be fun. What's everyone doing?

Oh....wait....almost forgot..... I REACHED GOAL THIS WEEKEND!!! I didn't even realize it as first, duh! Let's see how long I go this time.

Hope everyone is well.

Talk to you's soon.

Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/fireworks01/lb/160/145/145/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Jane
06-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Dianne - CONGRATS for reaching goal! :carrot:

short & sassy
06-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Hey Diane!

:dancer::dancer::woohoo::woohoo::cheer2::cheer2::c heer3::cheer3::congrat:Wow, you made it!! :bravo::bravo::cp::cp::cp::cp:This time you will stay at goal...because we are gonna make sure you don't backslide! I've come to realize that this is a long term commitment. From now on I will always be exercising and making better choices! It's my new way of life!

No plans for father's day. Misty and I may take her dad and her husband out to eat...we aren't sure yet! We have a grandbabies birthday party on Friday, Lindsey will be 3 on Friday and we are celebrating her birthday at the park...hoping it doesn't rain.

short & sassy
06-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Good morning, instead of getting in the shower, I would love to crawl back into bed. I woke up around 4:00 and the cats and the dogs weren't quiet enought for me to go back to bed. About 5:30 I started my morning on the Wii. So, I need something to wake me up!! Maybe the shower will do the trick.

Hope you are all doing okay. I'll check in this afternoon.

Jenny523
06-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Dianne!!!!! Congratulations, that is fantastic! I'm very proud of you.

A big HELLO to everyone :wave: It's great to see you here!

Have to get ready for work, have a great day.
~Jen

Hi all! Real quick. We are piggy backing someone's wireless and it comes and goes. My mom doesn't even have a computer.
Congrats Dianne. GOAL!!!!!!!!::carrot:
Ruth,
Wonderful losses!!!! I saw the ticker. I don't want to discuss me right now.
I feel bloated. Salty foods are not my friend.
We are leaving Ohio on Saturday. Back to my wireless.
Zoe,
Congrats on your miracle. YAY!!!!

Hi to everyone. I didn't really read I skimmed. I will read better later and reply.
Hi Newbies, Hi Jen & Es!

TTYL,
Terri

short & sassy
06-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Hey Terri, hope you are having a great time with your mom. Will be glad when you're back on a regular basis!! We miss you. Are you missing the gym? I've been walking or using the Wii every day...here's to hoping for a big loss over the next few months.

Katiecat
06-12-2008, 01:32 AM
just short of 3 months ...ya won't kick me out for not being 40 will ya? lol

Hi Angie! Good to see you :hug:

Katie, how long have you been doing weight watchers. I've stopped and started several times over the years, but this time I'm changing my life habits for good. And I'm definitely on my way to being fit. My goal is to spend the rest of my life being a more active and healthy 50 ish lady.

Thank you for the kind welcome :D Welllll...I've been doing WW off and on since my second son was a toddler. Uh, he is 22 now :eek: I know from past experience WW works. You gotta do the program: drink your water, follow the good health guidelines, watch your portions and your points. It ain't rocket science -- but knowing HOW and following through are two different things for me. I've been officially "on program" (going to meetings, tracking my points, etc) at least 5 times over the years. Each time I've seen a good weight loss, but hit a plateau every time and finally gave up. I've finally realized that WW is not a diet, it's not something you go "on" to lose weight and then go "off" when you are done -- it truly is a lifestyle change. And one I could live with. I've had a really rough year, and I'm a chronic stress eater (as if it would actually make me feel better -- it just stresses me out even more when I realize how out of control I am!) I love to cook, and I'm always looking for new WW recipes, or ways to re-vamp old favorites to make them WW friendly.

Mary Kate - you ARE fab, for sure. And we're trying to get fit, so that's what matters, right?

Thanks hon, you are a true gem :hug:

HOLY,MOLY! This place is jumping! I thought I was in the wrong place, so many new people :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: everyone!

Ruthie - you are doing great girl - 166!!! That wii thing is really working for you. :bravo: on the sizes lost too - I'm happy for you. Hope things work out as far as the HR job.

ZoeGirl - Congrats on winning free electricity, lol. That's great. :bravo: on your loss too!

Hi Terri, Jen, Es & Sandy - how is everyone?

We are having a Father's Day barbecue with about 25 people and that's just family, lol. It should be fun. What's everyone doing?

Oh....wait....almost forgot..... I REACHED GOAL THIS WEEKEND!!! I didn't even realize it as first, duh! Let's see how long I go this time.

Hope everyone is well.

Talk to you's soon.

Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/fireworks01/lb/160/145/145/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Thanks to you also for the welcome and WOW -- congrats on reaching goal!!! :bravo: Way to go! "Goal" feels so far away for me right now. I need to concentrate on little mini goals along the way, so I don't get too discouraged.

Hi all! Real quick. We are piggy backing someone's wireless and it comes and goes. My mom doesn't even have a computer.
Congrats Dianne. GOAL!!!!!!!!:carrot:
Ruth,
Wonderful losses!!!! I saw the ticker. I don't want to discuss me right now.
I feel bloated. Salty foods are not my friend.
We are leaving Ohio on Saturday. Back to my wireless.
Zoe,
Congrats on your miracle. YAY!!!!

Hi to everyone. I didn't really read I skimmed. I will read better later and reply.
Hi Newbies, Hi Jen & Es!

TTYL,
Terri

Hi Terri, thank you for the welcome, too :wave: Oh dear...salty foods. DH wanted Chinese food last night...I tried very hard to eat reasonable portions, and went with an entree that was not breaded (boneless teriyaki chicken) but I know I over did it -- and it was so salty my hands are swollen and my wedding ring is tight :( I've been drinking water today, but doesn't feel like it has helped much yet, argh...serves me right, I know that's not a good choice for me. Hope next time I feel like I'll give in to the craving I'll remember how crummy I feel after eating it.

Well, nice meeting y'all, looking forward to getting to know you...

Mary Kate

Jane
06-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Good morning,

Diane - again, a big YAY for reaching goal. I hope to be able to make that announcement for myself some day. For Father's Day, we are having an evening meal here at my house. My girls will help with the meal, and we'll spoil the men as they spoiled us on Mother's Day. Your barbecue sounds like lots of fun.

Ruth - the twins have their birthday on Monday, so we're celebrating that, too. Lots of celebrating going on, right?

Terri - hello. Hope to get to know you better soon.

Mary Kate - I'm a chronic stress eater, too, and a compulsive eater as well. Each day that passes and I'm OP is a big deal to me, so I totally understand where you're coming from. Like you, I am concentrating on small goals that seem doable.

I'm not babysitting today, but have lots to catch up on. Always something to be done, right?

Today's dinner will be sf cooked cinnamon apples, lean barbecue pork, wild rice, and mixed steamed veggies. Staying OP never tasted so good!

ttfn,

dpadro
06-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi everyone and thanks for the good wishes. Of course, this goal is ww's goal for me, I'd still like to lose another 5-6 lbs. I'd love to be 139, just to be in the 130's, lol.

Mary Kate - your story sounds familiar, I'm sure, to quite a few of us here. I've been on and off ww's for about 13 years now and have reached goal a couple of times, only to think "okay, that's it - I did it" and then be so confident to think I don't need ww anymore", NOT SO. All that did was get me back to where I started. So now, hopefully, I will keep in mind that this is not a race and it is a lifestyle change period. As most everyone knows here, I have a motto and its "Life gets in the way sometimes", which means I will do my best, but I will not deprive myself when on vacation, etc. and will just get back on track. That's the only way I can do this.

Ruthie - You're really doing well, that's great. And you seem to be enjoying the exercise too, which is always a plus. You are motivating me woman! lol

Jen - how's it going? Thanks for being proud of me - I am proud of you too and everyone here who has stuck with it and not quit.

Terri - Hope you are enjoying your visit with your mom - thanks for checking in with us.

Es, amiga - Como Estas? Hope you are doing well. Come in and say hi.

ZoeGirl - Are you enjoying your free electricity yet? What are you going to do for yourself with the extra $$$?

Hi Sandy, how are you?

Hi Jane, thanks for the good wishes too! How old are your twins? Boys/Girls/one of each? Your dinner tonight sounds YUM!

Hi Trish - welcome - how is your husband doing?

Hi Angelia - welcome - oh to be 39 again! lol.

Okay, gotta run. Have a great day everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

dpadro
06-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi again, just testing - I always have trouble updating my tracker. Just want to see if it works.

Bye-bye,
Dianne

Can someone let me know if they can read it? Or is it just the symbols? HELP!

Thanks

dpadro
06-12-2008, 11:39 AM
One more time - I think I have it now!

Yay, I always have to delete the last one for some reason.

short & sassy
06-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Real quick, I'll catch up on everyone late, but Diane, I can see your tracker!!

dpadro
06-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks Ruthie!;)

Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
06-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Good morning,

Just a quck hello, TGIF!! Well, I'm maintaining at 166...I want to see 165 on that scale so bad... I didn't do anything last night in the way of exercising...I know that you should let your body have a break, so last night was it. Although, I had 3 pieces of pizza from Dominoes and I probably should have gotten on the treadmill to burn a few extra calories!! Oh well, 165 here I come!! I am going to try to get in 10 miles of walking between tonight and Sunday! Talk to everyone later.

short & sassy
06-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Zoe, where are you? I hope you had a geat weigh in yesterday. Where is everyone......

Hi everyone,
We are home.
I am not weighing in until next Saturday. We walked a lot and actually looked for and walked 3 huge hills. I missed you guys.
We had a great time and got to visit a lot. We went to a wedding. Love those.

Ruth,
Congrats on the 166. I think I gained a couple but hopefully it won't show by next weekend.

Jen,
Enjoying the pool?

Dianne,
Enjoying goal? You are so right. We can never be off our guard.

Es,
How is life? Hope your back feels better.

Hope to meet all you newbies. Will read soon.
Terri

short & sassy
06-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Hey ladies, hope everyone is having a good week. I overate during the weekend, started Monday at 169, weighed 166 this morning, so I'm in a really good mood!

Congrats Ruth. That is fantastic.
Cloud 9 huh?
Terri

short & sassy
06-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Hey Terri, yep Cloud 9 definitely! This morning I was down again, weighed 165.1 on the Wii. I've noticed a pattern...I get to a certain weight, then maintain or somewhat gain then I have a major drop and lose a few more pounds! I'm hoping to get under 165 in the next week....

Are you back at the wellness center?

Yes, we went back Tuesday. That is great that you are losing. We still want to get Wii Fit. I found some hills here. We are taking Tanner for walks on the side. It is 1 mile to get to the top of this 1 hill from our house and back. I will walk a little farther tonight.
Congrats and keep it up.
Terri

short & sassy
06-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Terri, the Wii Fit is so hard to get. Maurice and I decided to get Misty a Wii and Wii Fit for her birthday which is next month...so we started looking early. You aren't going to believe this, we started looking on Saturday and I bought one on Sunday. We went to several stores...asked when shipments would be coming in etc...well, we got lucky...Circuit City told us that they were getting them in on Sunday. Well, I was there, first in line and I was able to obtain the Wii Fit...but at that point we didn't have a system. So I made several phone calls and ended up driving 35 miles to another town to purchase the system. Since then I have continued to call and search for my co-worker (I feel quilty for not calling her Sunday morning) and I can't find it anywhere!!

Glad to hear you are back at the gym, I'm really trying to keep myself motivated. I now have come to know and except the fact that exercise in one form or another should be a part of my life for the rest if my life! I'm slowly incorporating my home gym into the mix and I'm going to start using my dvd's again. The shoulder pain got the best of me and had me sidelined for a while, but I'm ready to add other activities to the Wii Fit and treadmill.

Diane, Jen, Es, Zoe, Jane, Angelia....and anyone else I've missed, I hope you all have had a good week and will have a good weekend.

Ruth,
Your exercise regiman sounds like a great plan. Yep, we will be doing this All the Days of Our Lives. We have the system and we haven't started looking yet but we will probably at the end of summer. Keep up the great work.
Terri

short & sassy
06-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi ladies, hope everyone is okay!!

Jen, has the weather gotten any better, are you enjoying the pool?

Zoe, hope you have a good weigh-in today?

Sandi, are you out there lurking....we miss you.

Es, how is your back...hope you are feeling better...how is your hubby?

Terri, how are your workouts going...I'm sitting here planning my day...I want to get on the treadmill, maybe the home gym and of course...play on the wii...also have laundry...dishwasher and other things to do around here. Also need to run to the grocery store and stock up on fruits and veggies and basically everything.

See you all later.

Ruth,
Sounds so busy. I was going to weigh today but Aunt Flo stopped for a visit Thursday and she was late (perimenopause) and she is heavy. I want to weigh in when it is for real. I did well this week. I went to the gym Tuesday and Thursday and will go today. Try to rest a little today.

We also walked Tanner 4 times this week. Britts and I were walking and Tanner saw movement on someone's grass and we didn't know what it was at first (dark out) and I am eliminating animals in my head (a bunny would run, a small dog would either come to us or run away…) then I saw white outlines
and a fan of a tail form. I pulled Tanner back and yelled to Brittany “It’s a skunk run.” We had to run up this second huge hill that we went down. When we got to the top we laughed and laughed after we caught our breaths.

TTYL,
Terri

short & sassy
06-21-2008, 03:41 PM
How funny! I take it the skunk didn't spray!!! Talk about exercise!! LOL

Ruth,
It should have sprayed and maybe I wouldn't have eaten when I got home. :D
Terri

short & sassy
06-21-2008, 10:20 PM
LOL, yeah, that would have definitely have taken your appetite away.

Well, I have had a decent day...I walked 2 miles on the treadmill, played Wii Sports for 30 minutes or so...and before I go to bed I'm going to get the wii fit out. Oh...I also tried DDR and I suck at it!! LOL I also pulled some of the grass out of the flower bed...still have a ton of it to remove!! I've never been much of an outdoors person when it comes to flowers...so I've definitely learning by doing. next year not only will I till the ground but I will lay down the bearier to get weeds and grass away!!

Also did okay at eating...didn't go out to eat last night or today...yeah us...and I have a crock pot meal cooking for hubby and grandson for tomorrow!!

Maurice will probably work again tomorrow so I'll try to finish up with the house work..still have tons of laundry to do!

"WEIGH" to go Ruth. You are working it. :carrot:

We went to the gym yesterday and then took Tanner on another walk last night. This time with Bruce. Tanner walked 5.5 miles this week.

short & sassy
06-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Tanner should be one healthy litle dog!! LOL

I was up at 6:00 this morning on the wii fit fo r a few minutes. Then I went back to bed...got up at noon, now I'm catching up on the reminder of the things I didn't finish yesterday, namely vacuming and laundry!!!

Well Terri, looks like it's just me and you kiddo!! Hope everyone is okay!

6:00 WOW! You are far better than me. I could never exercise that early. Wish I could. Don't work to hard.
Terri

short & sassy
06-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Good morning ladies,

Well, I got 40 minutes in on the treadmill last night and I was up at 5:30 this morning doing yoga and strength training on the Wii. I've taken my daughter to work already and I'm about to head back out the door to go to work myself.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and I'll check on ya'll later.

Great job Ruth. I took a day off yesterday. Today we are headed for the gym. I will add swimming today.
Take care,
Terri

short & sassy
06-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Terri, you'll be reporting a big old loss before you know it!

You are so sweet! I will NEVER give up. I used to get discouraged but I know I am improving my blood pressure, cholesterol etc... with each work out.
You are doing great!
Terri

short & sassy
06-24-2008, 07:36 AM
Good morning,
Well this morning is one of those mornings, when I'm sluggish and don't want to do anything. Wonder if my body is telling me I need to take a break. I had one of evenings last night where I was stressed and just wanted to eat...I ate a 1 pt bagel...almost half of a small watermelon, then fixed a package of tuna (onion, light miracle whip and dill relish) and fat free wheat thins. Anyway, I was definitely stuffed. I don't have a lot of those instances anymore, but when I do...oh well, today is another day....

Ruth,
Man when you stress eat you do it in a healthy way. That is a good thing.
At least you didn't eat chocolate doughnuts. :lol:
Hope you feel beter.

Last night at 7:00 we went to the gym and I did 15 min. on the step mill and 20 min. on the arc trainer and 10 min. on a bike and then 7 weight machines and some bench work and then we came home and picked up Bruce and Tanner and we went on 1.25 MILE WALK and then went grocery shopping for the week. I was tired.
Terri

short & sassy
06-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Girl, I bet you slept like a baby last night!!!

I sure did. We did the gym today but we didn't do the walk. We will do one tomorrow. Tanner sure does love them.
Terri

Jenny523
06-26-2008, 07:55 AM
Hi everyone :wave:

Terri and Ruth, you're doing great! :cp:

Summer is a bit unsettled here...have only been swimming twice :( due to rains and on dry days it's too cool :shrug:

Joe and I both have the week after the 4th off...plus my work is closed on the 3rd, so I'll have 11 glorious days off!!! Can't wait.

Matthew's 8th birthday is tomorrow; we're having a small party for him here on Saturday. :crossed: it doesn't rain.

I hope all is well with everyone. There's almost too much catching up to do to address everyone's posts.
I read them all daily and you're all in my thoughts...Es, Dianne, Terri, Ruth, Sandy, Zoe, and the newcomers.

later,
Jen

short & sassy
06-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Good morning Jen, glad to hear from you. The weather has really been doing some crazy things this year. Have fun with the birthday party and check in with us when you can!

dpadro
06-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Hello everyone:

Terri & Ruthie - you guys are really on the ball with exercise. :bravo:

Jen - Enjoy your vacation and :hb: to Matthew.

I am on vacation too starting tomorrow. We plan on going to Washington, DC - I want to see the Holocaust Museum and Willie, the Smithsonian. Then the following week we will go upstate camping. Well, if you can call it camping, lol. We stay in a cabin that has a bathroom, shower, kitchen, bedroom, etc. But we do have a campfire at least :p We enjoy it. Lisa and the kids will be up there for about 4 of the same dates we'll be there and Alana and Sal will come up to stay with us for the weekend. Of course, today, I'll probably wind up staying late trying to get everything done, but then, I'm outta here!

Sunday we are going to a party for Lianne's (Lisa's Daughter) 18th birthday, H.S. Graduation and Gianna Rose's (Lianne's baby) dedication. Hope it doesn't rain or Lisa will have tons of people in the house!

Hi to Es, ZoeGirl, Sandy and all the newbies!

Enjoy your weekend everyone,

Hugs,
Dianne

Jen,
8 already? OMG! Have a great time. This is why I miss family. We have to miss those things. Have a great time off of work too.

Dianne,
What fun plans. You have alot of family things too. Busy Busy!
Have fun on vacation. We saw the Holocaust museum. It is awe inspiring.

Hi Ruth,
How is your day going?

Luv ya,
Terri

Jenny523
06-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Terri,
I know, I remember posting when Matty-Matt was born. How in the world can it be 8 years ago!!! :eek:

Dianne,
Your plans sound wonderful. Hope you have a great time.

We are going to veg and take each day of vacation as it comes. We'll have Matt here for 3 days. I'm absolutely more than happy to be at home, stitch, swim and sun! Oh, and get some cooking in...don't do much of that lately, which accounts for the weight gain. I'm so looking forward to grilling and veggies from the garden. It's so much easier to eat right that way.

HI :wave: to all
~Jen

short & sassy
06-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Jen,Sounds like you are going to have a relaxing week at home!! Enjoy Matt and isn't it amazing at how fast these babies are growing up!! My Nicholas turns 15 in less than a month and Caylin will be 10 in December, and of course the rest of them (7 of them) are right behind! LOL

Diane, hey girl. Hope you have a minute to check in with us while on vacation. I always take my laptop with me. Love the free internet access at motels...I hope to plan a trip to the Smithsonian one of these days. In fact I'd love to dsee the buildings and monuments in our Capital.

Terri, well, My weight has been up a little bit lately. I saw 164 twice two weeks ago..but this week I"ve been up a few. This morning I was 166 even. So, I just finished my cereal...after posting I'll "play" on the wii, walk on the treadmill and maybe try my dvd of the biggest loser again!!! Tried it yesterday...I managed about 15 minutes of the 30 minute workout. I've also bought ankle weights and wrist weights for walking and bicycling (as soon as Maurice puts my new seat on the bike.) I will never give up!! I've lost 26 lbs so far, if it takes 6 more months to take off even 10 lbs...it would be better than doing nothing!!!

Well, gotta go, need to get to the exercise!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

short & sassy
06-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi ladies, well, I spent 1 1/2 hrs on the wii fit this morning, and I worked up a sweat. I added ankle weights and wrist weights to the aerobics, then I worked on balance games and then finished off with a few yoga moves. Anyway...later to day I will get on the treadmill..I'm going to do this everyday if I have to...I'm tired of hanging onto 165-166...time to kick it into gear.

Jen....I did the tree pose without putting my foot down...still a little wobbly but better than before.

short & sassy
07-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Okay ladies....I'm slowly inching back up the scale...I was at 165, even saw 164...but for a week now I'm inching back up, I was 166.2....

Terri, you need to report a loss so I can kick it into gear. I think I'm subconciously stalled waiting on you!!! LOL

Jenny523
07-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Ruthie,
You'll be fine...maybe that's why WW says don't weigh every day! There's no way you'll backslide now. Be strong!

Today is DAY 1 of vacation :cool: Went shopping and picked up some more summer clothes. Planning ahead for the cruise next February, I am glad to be finding things now on clearance already!
I hadn't bought any new summer items for quite a while, so I was sorely in need of them.
Then went grocery shopping and OUCH it's becoming painful. What are people going to do? The prices of everything are ridiculous.

Tomorrow we're going to Elgin where Jess, etc., live, for their big 4th of July parade, then out to breakfast. They'll come back here to swim/bbq, and we'll catch the fireworks here in our town.

Have a safe and happy 4th!
love,
Jen

short & sassy
07-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Good afternoon ladies...I hope you all had a wonderful 3 day weekend! I didn't do much of anything...kinda halfway watched what I ate and didn't exercise at all!!! Boy I better get in gear!!

short & sassy
07-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Where is everyone????

HI! I am not getting notices again. When I check in on my own there aren't new messages. It will work and trhen quit.

Ruth,
Great picture. Who is with you?

I have lost 2 pounds total. I was back up to 172 so I am back to 170. You are still doing great!
How do I put a picture of me instead of the chihuahua?
I just took one the other day. I have my fingers like a D for a team I joined on sparkpeople. It means I am DONE! I want to put that picture up.
I will check here everyday.
Luv ya,
Terri

short & sassy
07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey Terri,

That is my youngest daughter Angela. She is 27 and te mother of 3 wonderful kids. Caylin, Aliyah and Elijah. The photo was taken July 4th while we popped fireworks.

To put a photo as your avartar...go to edit photo, scroll down to Custom Avartar and then click on Browse to search your computer for the photo you need.

Talk to you girls later.

Hey It worked. Thanks Ruth. Your daughter is so cute.
How is it going today?
I did great yesterday. I didn't stray at all.
Terri

short & sassy
07-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Terri, love the photo...my day is going good. I walked abt. a mile at morning break and have stayed op for lunch! I'm thinking I'll go home, play some Wii and then get on the treadmill before bedtime!!

BTW, I see you are under 170 now!!! Congrats!!! I've gained a few pounds...I was 169 with clothes on at 3:30 yesterday (drs office). I weighed 166 something this morning on the Wii.

Great job Ruth. You are doing it girl.
I am going to explore sparkpeople for awhile and make dinner and then exercise.
It is raining but if it stops I will take Tanner for a 2 mile walk. He loves those so much. He cries whenever I put on socks.
TTYL,
Terri

short & sassy
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Where you able to take Tanner for a walk. I ate too much this afternoon and for once it wasn't all that healthy, but I got on m treadmill and walked 2.5 miles. So just maybe I did a little damage control!!!

That is great Ruth.
I didn't get to walk Tanner, the rain just would not stop.
I did challenges on my sparkpeople teams instead. Lots of exercises.
I can't believe how late it is. Going to bed.
TTYL,
Terri

short & sassy
07-11-2008, 12:03 PM
It is sunny and miserable here in Louisiana!! I've walked everyday this week. 1 mile at morning break and 1.5 to 2.5 miles at home in the evening.

OH, I had a nsv yesterday....at my yearly gyn visit...my dr. walks in shakes my hand and says "You've lost weight!"...I blushed and said thank you...but I was on cloud nine!!!

CONGRATS to you. I love when the Drs. say that. Way to go!
Terri

Zoe
07-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Hello everyone!

It's been such a busy few weeks and I know that I haven't been checking in. (Ruth, thanks for always pulling me back...LOL)

[b]Terri and Ruth[b/] - it looks like you both have been holding down the fort here. :lol: With a post here and there from some of us, you two have been chatting away without us.....

I know, I just need to MAKE the time to get in here. Today is my WI and I am waiting for Jenna to get here. I have been going up and down 2 lbs - lost 17, then it was only 15, then it was 16.4, then 17.2. This week I think is my "gain" week. So my 17.2 from last week will go back to 15 or so. :(

Jenna, on the other hand, has lost, as of last week, 25.2 lbs!! We'll see what today brings her.

Well, I"m waiting for her to come pick me up - wish her luck to lose some more and wish ME some luck not to have gained too much.

I'll let you's know what happens later today

missed you's guys!

short & sassy
07-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Zoe,

You're welcome!! Good luck on your weigh in, I'll say a prayer and cross my fingers!! Congrats to Jenna on her weight loss. I know you are proud of her. My own girls don't have the weight problem that I do (guess they got their genes from some other limb on the family tree, sure wasn't mine!LOL) But my stepdaughter Misty is trying to lose the baby weight from having 3 babies in 5 years. So I got back on weight watchers to help motivate her. She is so young and I hated seeing her overweight. Now I'm down about 23 lbs since February and almost 30 lbs since the 2007 holidays when I was up around 192. This morning I weighed 164.5, after being up 3 or 4 lbs for the last 2 weeks. I just came from Walmart, needed to stock on food so I'll be eating healthy and not bingeing!!

To keep myself motivated I am now concentrating on being healthy. I'm taking blood pressure meds and can't wait to lose all this weight so I can see if I'm able to get off of them!! Since I didn't have a problem with it until up in my 40's I think it is a good possibility that weight loss will fix it! Especially if I continue ot stay active!

Terri...that was the first time that I've ever had a doctor notice that I'd lost weight. I go to my primary care dr. and he hasn't really said anything. I told him I'd lost and that I was exercising. He asked what I was doing and we preceded to get on the subject of Wii Fit!!LOL Maybe if I"m down significantly by my next appt he will say something. My gyn said at the end of my appt..."Well I'll see you next year 20 pounds lighter!!!" That really made me fell good.

JEN, ES, SANDY, and DIANE...if you girls are lurking, please stop in to say hello. We miss you when you aren't around!!

Talk to you girls later, I"m going to start cooking for next week. Never done that before. So I'm interesting to see if it works for us!!

Good luck Zoe, Congrats to Jenna. I remember when I was that age. I should have taken complete advantage and lost it all then cause I lost weight easier. I am going to lose the rest before I am 50.

Ruth,
Sounds like your gyno has all the confidence in you. What motivation.
You are doing great. How and when did you realize you neede BP meds?
Did it have to be high consistantly? Mine is higher than usual. It was always 110/70 but it hs been elevated slightly lately. I have a machine and I check every few months. That wuld be awesome if you could get off of them.

I had chinese yesterday so I am not weighing in today. I feel bloated. I didn't eat enough to gain actual fat but the sodium was high I am sure. I looked on the website (PF Changs) and they have all the nutrition facts except sodium. I only had 900 cal. by the end of the day I only had 2000 cals. I ate like 1/4 of whatever we got. That was good. My pants that I wore last week are looser today so I will measure tomorrow.
I went to the gym (4 times this week) yesterday and I did med.-high intensity cardio for 75 min. Felt so good. I walked 12,000 steps.

Hi everyone! Hope we can all come back and talk.
Terri

Zoe
07-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Hello again ~

The bad news is, just as I suspected, I gained this week. The good news is that it was only .2! I do believe that is considered "maintaining" :lol: I am now back to my most lost (for THIS try, not over the years) and am really going to get back on track. Next Saturday I will weigh in but then I leave on Tuesday, 7/22 for Honolulu. :yikes: I hope I can be okay while I'm gone.

For my trip:

The good things:
a) I weigh in 3 days before I leave and I get back 6 days before my next weigh in.
b) Hawaii is known for fish and I don't eat fish. Maybe this will help me not eat so much
c) I am planning on bringing my "will power" with me. :D

The bad things:
a) This is a business trip and the company pays for all meals. That means, anything goes.
b) We have 8 or 9 hours of flight time and we are going FIRST CLASS! This means lost of free food and drink
c) I'm hoping that I don't leave my "will power" home. :(

Jenna's weigh in:
Last week, Jenna lost 3.6 lbs! Today, another 3 lbs! This makes her total 28.4 lbs! She is doing so good and she looks SO different. Only 1.6 more for her and she wants to "consider" having another baby. OMG, another Rylea for me!! Woo Hoo! Although, she said this about losing 20 lbs too. She just keeps pushing the time out further and further. :lol: Anyway, she's doing a wonderful job. Oh to be young again.....

We went to Wal-Mart after Weight Watcher's today and I bought some frozen meals. Has anything tried the Smart One's breakfast pockets? I don't like eggs but I remember going to Jenny Craig way back and they had a breakfast pocket that I loved. I bought the Smart One's and wow, it was great!!

Well, time to get myself working around here. Greg will be in any minute and I need to finish up a few things.

Hi to everyone....... :wave:

Congrats to Jenna. That is so cool that she is smart to lose weight between babies. I did that between Britts and Brandon but not between Brandon and Bradley. I got pregnant when he was 14mos. old. SURPRISE!!!!
Good luck to her.
Yes you basically maintained. Have fun in Honolulu. How many days will you be there. I would like to lose 20 pounds before London & Scotland.

TTYL,
Terri

short & sassy
07-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Terri, when are you going to London and Scotland...sounds like fun, and so does Hawaii!!

Zoe, you can do this. Didn't you go on a cruise a few years back without gaining too much if any weight? You can do Honolulu without gaining!! Oh, congrats on the maintain...

Well, talk to you later.

Bruce has a conference to go to in Sept. I hope it is blustery like I see in the movies. My favorite thing was when I went to the Outer Banks in North Carolina in October and the tourists were gone and the house on the beach were locked up and it was gray and the wind was blowing. OOH my favorite. My imagination goes into overdrive. LOL
Terri

short & sassy
07-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Yeah, with the weather we have been having, an gray windy October day would be nice. Oh, I live in Louisiana...guess I'll have to settle for a 90 degree humid afternoon in October...LOL Maybe not quite that bad...but our Octobers aren't that cool anymore!

Zoe
07-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Good Morning Ladies!

It's been a long week but the weekend is finally here. We just got back from our Saturday morning weigh in - I lost 1.6 this week and Jenna lost only .2. She was very disappointed as she wanted to lose 1.4 to make it to 30 lbs lost. I told her that she just has caught up some since she lost 3 last week and 3.6 the week before. So now she's lost 28.8. I think she'll get there next week.

I won't be going to WW next week because we are leaving for Honolulu on Tuesday. :yikes: I am so worried about my eating. We will be there for 6 days so I'll be back next Sunday and have Monday through Friday to get back on track. Maybe my "official" gain (or loss, you never know) won't be so bad.

Where is everyone? Hope you are all doing great.
Talk to you's soon.

Ruth,
The weather last week was beautiful and our humidity was down. It is back
now though. :o(
Zoe,
Congrats on yours and Jenna's weigh-ins. :carrot:
Have a great time in Honolulu. Maybe you will just stay the same. That wouldn't be bad at all.

We have a beautiful new shopping center called Bridge Street. It has high end shops and a lake and the street goes over the lake and we have gondolas with gondoliers and peddle boats. There is a huge carousel by the lake. It has a huge movie complex and a new Westin hotel. The restaurants include PF Changs, Dolche and Ketchup. Anyway they opened a walking trail that goes around the lake (3/4 mile) and you walk past these beautiful waterfalls. We went to the dedication this morning and walked the inaugral walk. We went around twice. It was so hot. We went to Connor's Steakhouse after and I was sweating so bad. I never went into a restaurant sweating before. I had 5 bottles of water there.

Have a great weekend.
Terri

short & sassy
07-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi ladies,

I've been wondering where everyone was. Glad to hear from you girls.

Zoe, Congrats on the weight loss. I've been holding my own, fluctuating a couple of lbs here or there. This morning the scale was at 165.4....tomorrow it may be up a couple of pounds. I've been walking my rear off during the week. I try to get in a minimum of 3 miles, one day I even walked 4 miles total for the day. Since I didn't eat lean today...I will be on the wii and the threadmill tonight!! Have fun in Hawaii, eat thin as often as you can!!

Terri, your new shopping plaza, mall (whatever they call them now)...sounds wonderful, more beautiful than the one we have here. Ours is called Louisiana Boardwalk, check it out on the internet sometime. It is located on the Red River, with great shopping and great eateries. We also have the big theater and a few fountains...no lakes or walking trails though. It sounds like our community should be a modern day boom town in the future. We are sitting on the largest known gas deposit called the Haynesville Schale...this should put billions into the economy here. We also have a large movie industry going on. Movies such as Mad Money with Queen Latiffa, Diane Keaton and Katie Holmes, Premonition with Sandra Bullock, The Guardian with Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Costner, Factory Girl with Sienna Miller, Mr. Brooks with Kevin Costner, William Hurt and Demi Moore, Blonde Ambition with Jessica Simpson and The Cleaner with Samuel L. Jackson were filmed here. Anyway, that is just a few of the movies filmed here in Shreveport since Katrina hit south Louisiana. Our area is also in the running for the governments cyber command center. So...as I said, we should be booming in the next few years.

Well, time to get busy and work off some of my food for the day.
Talk to you later.

Zoe
07-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Good Sunday Morning! :wave:

I am popping in for a moment - I have a million things to do today and tomorrow, then will be out of town for a week. I am going to miss my weigh in next Saturday due to being in Honolulu. I am a little afraid - a 9 hour FIRST CLASS flight - food, wine, snacks.....I am thinking that I should take something to make me sleep some.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in for a minute, say hello and that I will be back at the end of the month.

Good luck to all of you how are fluctuating. I know how THAT is. I was going between 15 and 17 lbs lost for 2 months but now (now that I'll be tempted!!) I finally moved off that number.

Have a great week everyone.

Hi guys.
I know you will have a wonderful time in Honolulu Zoe. Lucky!!!
We might go there next year. We have a Timeshare there. My sister and BIL
used it last year.

Ruth,
Those movies are so cool. I remember you telling us about Steel Magnolias.
How's it going?

Yesterday was our 26th anniversary.
Before I say anything about this years anniversary I'm going to go back to our 24th anniversary.

July 24, 2006
Our 24th anniversary- Brittany and I had tickets to see a Steeler celebration with BonJovi in Pittsburgh . We took a 10 hr. road trip just us 2 girls. We took our camero. I'll never forget it. Bruce (DH) sent me flowers on our day. I took pictures and told my mom to keep them.

July 24,2007
Our 25th anniversary -Bruce took our youngest son, Bradley, to Minnesota and Canada for High Adventure. They drove up from Alabama with some other scouts. They canoed many miles and really bonded. They said it was beautiful.
Bruce said he will never forget it.
Brittany took me out for dinner. We didn't have to bond. We bonded at birth. lol
He ordered flowers before he left.

July 24, 2008
Our 26th anniversary. Bruce left yesterday for N. Carolina to hike the trails. It is about 45 miles in 4 days. I slipped a card into his backpack. Britts and I are going to Bridge Street for dinner. I wonder if I will get my flowers?

We will go out to an incredible dinner next weekend. It is always good.

I am so glad that we know how much we love each other and we don't need to be together on the exact day. He was concerned when he got the dates for this because of last year. He had no reason to worry. I want him to always be happy and I know that is how he feels too. He is a great husband and father.
It really feels great being in a secure relationship. I am so glad I met him 31 years ago and married him 26 years ago on July 24th, 1982.

CLICK ON THIS AND MAKE IT BIGGER!

Terri

P.S. Brittany and I went to PF Changs and then we went to DSW shoes and she bought me a pair of shoes. Bruce lost out. Oh well he should have been here. LOL

Jenny523
07-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Terri,
Happy Anniversary! to you and Bruce. It's always good to hear of long-lasting marriages and the commitment that each person is willing to bring to it.
And you're right, you don't necessarily have to be together on the day itself to be together in heart and mind. Have fun celebrating next week!

Ruth,
It was interesting to read of your town's claim to fame in the movie industry. Very cool!

HI to everyone. Am heading outside for some sun! :beach:

~Jen

dpadro
07-27-2008, 07:30 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TERRI AND BRUCE!! :cheers: :love: Is'nt it so cool to have such a secure relationship? There seem to be quite a few of us in the "old married couples" group. Have a great time when you do get to celebrate. Your new shopping mall sounds great, by the way.

Hi Jen, how are you doing> Are you enjoying the pool?''

Es, amiga, thinking of you lots and lots.

ZoeGirl: Hope you are enjoying your time in Hawaii - sounds wonderful.

Hi Ruthie, how's the exercise coming along? Still using the wii?

Hi Sandy, how are you?

I'm maintaining goal so far, but haven't lost the extra few pounds I wanted to yet. I'll get back on track soon, at least I'm not gaining.

My son, Steven has decided to move from Florida to Philadelphia where his wife (they've been separated for a few years now) and kids are. They never got divorced - maybe there's a reason for that, who knows. Anyway, he misses the kids and is tired of flying back and forth to see them. I'm happy because now he'll only be 1 1/2 hrs. from me by car. He's already telling me that he plans to visit us next weekend.

Let me go, Willie's making me a nice cup of tea and we're gonna snuggle up and watch a movie. By the way, did anyone see The Dark Knight (Batman)? I took my granddaughter Lianne yesterday. I really only wanted to go to see Heath Ledger, I had heard how great his performance was. And it was, he was so good. It was sad to think that such a talented young performer is gone. There's even talk that he may get the academy award posthumously. I think he deserves it.

Okay, enough with this novel. Have a great rest of today everyone. Will talk to you's soon.

Hugs,

Dianne

short & sassy
07-27-2008, 11:53 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TERRI AND BRUCE!!!

Hello ladies, glad to hear from you girls.

Terri, I love the wedding photo!! You haven't aged a bit!!! Did you get your flowers?? Are you still going to the gym?

Jen, sounds like you are finally enjoying the pool. We've had plenty of sunshine here, but the humidy is suffocating!!! How is the Wii going?

Diane, Congrats on maintaining your goal. You'll get those pounds off before you know it. I had a very lazy week last week....no walking, no wii fit....so my plans are to get in gear this week!! I found a 3 month weight watchers journal that I haven't used...I plan to put it in my purse and journal everything....everyday!! I'm hanging in around 166, give or take a pound or two! This morning I was 167.8 with clothes on. Hopefully I'll be reporting losses in the next week or two...I'm still dreaming of 159!! LOL

Zoe, how is Hawaii!!!!

ES, Sandi, I hope you are okay...we miss you!!!

dpadro
07-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Wow, Terri - I totally missed the wedding photo (thanks, Ruthie for mentioning it). What a beautiful couple! And Ruthie's right, you don't look much older!

Hi everyone, have a great Monday!

Hugs,
Dianne

Hi Guys. Thanks for all the Happys. Bruce will be home tonight.
I got my flowers on the day. They can be replanted in our garden. We will do this this week.

Ruth,
I am going to the gym about 3-4 days/week. We went yesterday and I did the Arc Trainer for 50 min. straight. I did it while reading Chicken Soup for the Teachers Soul. It went so fast. I went just as fast as I do with music.
Good luck on the 159. I am stil hanging on to the 169. I am on TOM so I didn't weigh this week. It is humid here too. ugh!

Jen,
How is your sister doing? How is the weather up there. It is humid here again.

Diane,
I am so glad Steven is closer now. That would be hard to go back and forth all the time. I hope it is better for him. My 2 boys saw Dark Knight last night.
They liked it.

Brittany and I saw Mama Mia. It was so entertaining. I loved it.
Meryl Streep's voice was awesome. Her and her 2 friends (Christina Baranki and Molly Weasley from Harry Potter) were hysterical. I am taking Bruce this weekend. Everyone in the theater was singing the ABBA songs.

ttyl,
Terri

Jenny523
08-01-2008, 01:28 PM
I've had an unexpected 2 daus off of work. My right hand has been painful and the index finmger began to swell pretty badly. I ended up going to an immediate care center, it was diagnosed as tendonitis. It's now splinted. Still painful so I stayed home today in order to rest it.

To.orrow is our annual Family Picnic. I'm looking forward to seeing everone but won't be im the water balloon toss!

Hope everyone has a great weekemd.
~Jen

Poor Jen. I'll bet it is painful to type. That happened to my thumb twice in the last 10 years. It is so painful. I know you will stil have fun at the picnic. Is it like a family reunion? We had those when I was younger. People from Lackawana, NY came down and Penn. It was so much fun. Aw Memories.
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

My youngest son, Bradley got his drivers permit today. Man I feel old.
I paid the $5 for his test and then I went into the waiting room and then he came out and said he failed and asked for another $5 to take another test. I gave him a $20 & I waited and waited and then he said he passed and I went in and paid the rest of the fee. I gave the girl the $10 he had left from the $20 and I paid the rest of the fee ($23 altogether). It hit me on the way home (20 min. later), where was the other $5? He should have had $15 toward the final fee.
He said "I forgot you were good at math." :dizzy: I figured it out and I said "Did you fail the 2nd test?" He sheepishly said yes and he had that $5 in his pocket and didn't want to admit to me he failed again so he hurried and paid for another test. :devil: He got 100% on the third one though. :lol:
Empty nest is looking better and better everyday. :lol: J/K
Have a great Weekend.
Terri

Jenny523
08-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Terri, I cannot believe your youngest is driving!! Funny story, and so typical.

My sister Kathie surprised us all and, with the help of one of her 5 daughters, showed up at our family picnic yesterday!!!!! She caught the van service that is offered, so she wouldn't have to drive, and arrived on Friday night, then they came to the picnic, There wasn't a dry eye. It was so good to see her. She is getting along fairly well. Moving a bit slower, but looked much better than I had anticipated.

She'll be here Friday overnight before she leaves to go back home on Saturday,
~Jen

short & sassy
08-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Jen, I know you enjoyed seeing your sister. What a great testiment to how muh family means! She could have easily stayed home and noone would have thought anything about it. But she chose to be with her family,

Terry, wow your baby is driving. Well, just think of all the errands he'll be willing to run (after he gets his license). My grandson will be driving soon...I had planned on taking him out for driving lessions this summer....but time seemed to fly by and we took him home Saturday.

Well, weight loss is the same old thing here....maintaining more or less...holding at 166 with a flutuation of a few bounds...got to get serious again.

I'll check in again later...I've got to get ready for work!!

Oh Jen. I am so happy that Kathie came to your picnic. That is awesome!!!
That would be so emotional. I am sure you and your wonderful family had a great time.

Ruth,
At least you aren't gaining it all back. You will do this. I know you. You are determined.

I was just getting used to Brandon driving. UGH! At least he can't get his license until March. It will go fast.

Have a great day everybody.
Terri

short & sassy
08-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Wow, where is everyone. Of course, you have probably figured out that I'm not on track so I've been avoiding posting. I need a swift kick in the rear!!!!

SEE YA ON #6