Old 06-06-2008, 08:30 PM   #1  

Default Calorie Counters for JUNE!!!

Hi all!! Hopefully there will be no more computer crashes!!! This thread is for anyone who is doing calorie counting, and just wants to come for support and to give support!!! Hope to hear from everyone!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #2  

Shy, I had read your message about the graduation party at Subway, but I didn't get a chance to respond! What a considerate son you have!!! I have heard of those schools. I think it is great. The daughter of a friend attended one like that in Indiana somewhere.

Our AC is fixed. I wouldn't have lasted with Laura Ingalls Wilder. lol
Old 06-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #3  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Tammy
I told them all they can have air or they can eat. They need to make a choice lol. I don't turn the air on until August lol. We have an over head fan in every room of the house except the kitchen and bathrooms. They will live. Heck we didn't even have air until my asthma got so bad a few years ago I couldn't breath. If I can breath, everyone else can breath I am sure lol. My son can be a pretty remarkable kid sometimes.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #4  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

OK I am here....but tired today!!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #5  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hey all! Wow that's sad that our Calories Chat, went missing forever. Well I am still here. I had a great weekend. I went to see my all time favorite chef speak, Anthony Bourdain of the show No Reservations. I can die happy now. LOL!

I am still trucking along with the weight loss. I am down to 166. Hooray! I haven't been this number in ages. LOL!

Tammy- Thanks for starting a new post! How hot is it over where you are? We have rain and we're going to be in the 50's today. It doesn't make me too happy since I really want to do my outdoor walk.

Shy- Ah, I remember those days living in CA, my mom gave us that choice too, I chose to eat. LOL! I also lived in a tank top and shorts when I got home. Cold showers, and sitting in front of the fan aftewards. IT was heaven!

Well I hope everyone has a great day today. I hope that the server on here doesn't crash anymore. Ok...talk to you all later!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #6  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I posted on this thread before but I'm not sure if y'all remember me. I am on my weigh out of chubby town and so excited to be heading out lol I know I still have a ways to go but my mini goal is to lose 25 pounds by July 20th at 2 pounds a week. In order to meet that goal I was to be at 206.5 this morning and I am at 204.5 so I KNOW I can do it
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Tinky ~ See your doing well, that is fantastic. Now, can you throw me a line and start reeling me in? HAHAHA! I finally have had it as of today with the gains. DH now realizes how my system can not continue down the road he is leading me. When your fat pants get snug and you refuse to wear them, its a sign. HAHAHAHA!

This morning I watch the infomercial for the 6WBMO, it was an old one and DH watched it with me. He said “why don’t you buy this program”. I looked at him and said “yah right”, thinking he was joking. He said “no really I think you should try it, they are eating real food and look at the results”. I said “you are serious aren’t you”. He said “yes, go ahead and order it”. I said “It’s the program I already have and I have been trying to follow!” He said “OH, well we need to start following it because it really works”. LOL! I could have chocked him because we have been talking about getting me back on track now for over a month and keeps agreeing not to buy the crap or asking me to go out for treats but he keeps doing it. I do great when he isn’t home but he has been home with his leg for the last month and I have gradually gained 10 lbs. Now he agrees, the treats need to go because he is gaining also and the doc told him his sugar was high the last time he was in and watch the sweets. Yep, we have watched them going in our mouth alright.

Something clicked this morning, probably the squishing my tummy shot some blood up to my brain to get it started again. LOL! So my meals are packed, I am going to take 3 walking breaks and drink all my water. Have to figure out what we are having for dinner before we get home. I have to go to the grocery store to make sure I have enough carb supplies.

Well I better get going and I will talk to you all later.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Tammy ~ I haven't been on in a few days and I had no idea we got lost. Thanks for starting a new thread.

Shy ~ We run the air so our dogs and security reasons. We live in the sticks but to much has happened in the last few years. Last year someone was breaking into homes while people were in bed sleeping and a few vehicles were stolen. No one was hurt but my ODD's girlfriend woke up with the guy watching her sleep. Nope, windows are shut and doors are locked even when I am awake. They still haven't caught the individuals doing this but I haven't heard of anymore lately but I don't take chances.

Well we caught the raccoon that killed our baby chickens. They were going to beautiful chickens, they were bantams. So this weekend on the way home from taking GS to the zoo we found a place that had chicks for sale. So we stopped and got some more but now I am back to square one, newly hatched chicks that just have fuzz instead of feathers. Was only able to get three bantam chicks and the rest are going to be larger. Can't remember the breed but I prefer my bantams. I am determined not to get attached to these babies until they are adults. Thank goodness the raccoon didn't get my adult birds.

Well I better get going. I am doing great so far today food wise, need to drink up however. Talk to you all later.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #9  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. I just went back to calorie counting today. I've been procrastinating for weeks now and have steadily been gaining. I have lost a lot by counting calories a year ago but got bored with it and stopped...then I gained, then I started the South Beach diet, lost 13 pounds in March and since then have gained 16 back over the last 3 months! I am the highest I have been in a long time and I swore I would never let myself go over 150 again. Here I sit at 164.

The only thing that I want to do different this time around at 3FC is to be more active in this forum. Last time, I was here a lot but never posted. I think going it alone is an easy way to give up. Getting to know everyone here might help me to keep coming back and as a result, stay motivated and accountable.

My first mini goal is to drop 6 pounds by July 1st. I hope to set similar mini-goals each month until I get to where I want to be.

anyhow..nice to meet all of you.
valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #10  
Back to make it to goal!

Grammy-OMG about DH, watching the informercial. He finally got it! LOL! My brother was watching it one evening and asked me will I be like one those women who are crying? LOL! I told him maybe.
I am going to reel you in. You know the 60's are a foreign territory to me. I'm getting lonely, so hurry and catch up! LOL! I keep runnning to the bathroom with all this H20 I am drinking!

Valley- Stay focused and you will lose even more than 6lbs. Welcome back!!

DM- I do remember you! Congrats on leaving Chubbytown soon! LOL! Keep at it! And don't be a stranger around here.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:47 PM   #11  

Tinky, I think I skipped past 166 many years ago on my way up. I doubt that I'll ever see it again. I wish it was in the 50's here! Actually, maybe the 70's would be nice. It has been in the 90's, and I don't do well with the heat. It has been storming off and on. Some tornadoes north of us, but nothing here. There is so much flooding in Indiana. Our son's girlfriend lives there. She is in an area where it hasn't been hit as hard.

Dawn, good for you on the loss!!!! I hope you meet your goal!!

Lara, your post about your hubby cracked me up!! He sounds so much like mine!!!!! What is 6WBMO??

Valley, welcome back and glad to hear you'll be posting!! I think it does help us to be accountable. Mini-goals are good!!

I went to my aerobics class this morning. We'll be having our next weigh in on Friday. When I started the class in April, my goal was to lose 15 pounds by the end of June. I have lost nothing. I am toning though, so my clothes are fitting better, and even though I'm large, I feel like I am looking better. We do our final weigh in on June 27. That day she will also check our body fat percentage again. I am praying that at least that will show some improvement even though the scales are showing me nothing. I did have to get smaller pants to wear to the class. It was getting too hard to hold the weights, do the step, and hold my britches up at the same time. lol
Old 06-09-2008, 08:23 PM   #12  
Rennie

valley
Welcome. 6 pounds in three weeks. That is a lot to lose. Sometimes setting that large of a short term goals isn't to good. Think more about eating the required amounts of the four basic food groups. Staying within the ranges of calories and fats and carbs you allow yourself. Exercise, exercise, exercise. The side effect of those things is weight loss and a trim body. You do those things and you will find yourself meeting your ultimate goal in a healthy manner.

grammy
Sorry about your chicks. Glad you could find more. Aren't they so cute with the fluff before they get their feathers.

Dawn
Oh another dawn " Dawn here " . I do remember seeing you around. Where you been? What has been going on in your neck of the woods? Losing weight is great for so many reasons. Eating a healthy diet that has all the required amounts of the four basic food groups more important. You eat right and exercise you are going to have the side effect of losing weight and being on an eating plan that lasts a life time with little effort except opening up a cupboard or fridge in your own home. If you choose to use another plan. Let us know what you are doing and how it is going. I will be right here to cheer you on all the weight to your goals.

Tinky
You are doing great. It isn't what we lose today or tomorrow. It is meeting our long term goals and in a healthy manner. I am teaching the kids the value of a dollar. Even Bella, my little **** Tzu is learning fans are our friends lol. Someday they are going to be out on their own ( the kids not Bella ) and air isn't free unless it comes through a window lol.

Still
How are things going. This heat makes everyone tired I think. It was all I could do to make myself scrub ceilings the other day.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:17 AM   #13  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky009 View Post

Valley- Stay focused and you will lose even more than 6lbs. Welcome back!!
Thanks Tinky. I think I must have a lot of water weighht that is fluctuating right now. I was 164 yesterday and woke up to a 160.7 today. I know thats not fat loss but probably water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Valley, welcome back and glad to hear you'll be posting!! I think it does help us to be accountable. Mini-goals are good!!
Hi Tammy. Thanks for the warm welcome back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
valley
Welcome. 6 pounds in three weeks. That is a lot to lose. Sometimes setting that large of a short term goals isn't to good. Think more about eating the required amounts of the four basic food groups. Staying within the ranges of calories and fats and carbs you allow yourself. Exercise, exercise, exercise. The side effect of those things is weight loss and a trim body. You do those things and you will find yourself meeting your ultimate goal in a healthy manner.
Hi Shy. I thought 2 pounds a week was a reasonable goal. How is that too much for the first month? I expect a good loss at first because thats how it usually goes when I first start eating less...I lose quite a bit at first and then it tapers off to a half pound a week, if i'm lucky. Thats when I usually get frustrated and stop keeping track of my calories (and then blow it completely)

I def need to add in more exercise too! Thanks for the advice.
valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #14  
Back to make it to goal!

Good Morning. Man I have to re-post my post, since it timed out. I hate when that happens.

Tammy- I hope you don't mind me answering the 6WBMO question. I am on it too. It is basically a very structured plan created by Michael Thurmond. It consists of eating foods that is accordance to your body type. You find out your body type by doing a quiz. It is also a low sodium/lowfat plan. As GrammyL will tell you, they don't tell you that it is low calorie as well, but it is. But in defense to them, I feel full all day thanks to eating 5-6 times a day. It's basically portion control. It also recommends you to do about 30 mins of cardio, 5 days a week. It can be walking, or what ever you desire, and also toning 2 days a week. I do cook a lot on this plan, but I cook in bulk so, I have most of my food already to go. I do cook dinner though. GrammyL feel free to add anything, I just basically gave the plan in a nutshell. Way to go on getting into smaller pants. Even if your scale is not moving, atleast your body is melting inches.

Shy- Thanks, I take one day at a time. I do admit to doing this for vanity reasons, but the majority of it all is to be healthier and happy. My Dr. and I agreed to meeting in 6 months to see my progress and hopefully delete some bad stuff off of my medical records.

Valley- Yeah water weight, gotta love it. It has been said that drinking more water will help flush it out. I have noticed that it does work.

Weather- It has certainly been wacky, the mountains are seeing snow, we have rain and blustery conditions. The midwest if raining and flooding. Oy! Crazy!

Well have a great day everyone!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #15  
Rennie

Tinky
Sounds like a good plan. Vanity of course we all do it for vanity. Have to admit that wasn't the first thing that came to mind when I started. I wanted to breath. I had sleep apnia so bad that I was going days without sleep. I can sleep now lol.

valley
It is a very do able goal. I just get worried when people set goals like that for them selfs. Some people, if they don't meet goals don't eat well enough so they can hit those goals. I see no reason you couldn't do that but please please make sure you are eating enough.