General chatter - WE'RE TALKIN' BASEBALL ~ 2nd INNING!

Pages : [1] 2

EZMONEY
06-06-2008, 09:03 PM
OK ~ so we crashed...just like my DODGERS have been doing the last two weeks!

Let's start fresh from here..........

PLAY BALL!

Clydegirl
06-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Good idea Go Cards.

Clydegirl
06-06-2008, 10:16 PM
:( This is like deja-vu. We're down 5-0 at the Astros.

Mind you they did great last night being down 7-0 at the Nationals to come back and tie it. Went to extra innings.

Sweetcaroline
06-06-2008, 10:47 PM
We just lost to Seattle... 8/zip...... LOL....

Razz44
06-07-2008, 12:27 AM
I hate baseball sometimes. Phils were losing to the Braves 2-1 with 2 outs in the 9th. Then the Braves pitcher walks 2 in a row, then gets an easy pop up to 2b, looks like the game is over, but nooooo the Braves 2b drops the ball and the tying run scores. Fast forward to the 10th, Phils get 2 in the top of the inning, Braves have 2 on, 2 out, the batter gets a single, one run scores, but the tying run is gunned down at the plate to end the game :mad:.

EZMONEY
06-07-2008, 12:59 AM
are you sure you aren't watching my Dodgers RAZZ?

Razz44
06-07-2008, 01:35 AM
I wish I was watch your Dodgers Gary.

Nope it really was Phils/Braves and now I am watching my team in the process of losing another game to the awful Padres 2-1 now bot 8. Another awful display by our offense.

junebug41
06-07-2008, 02:10 AM
Does this mean that the Rox get a fresh start this season, too? :p

Razz44
06-07-2008, 02:49 AM
Does this mean that the Rox get a fresh start this season, too? :p

Sounds like a good idea to me! The season needs a do-over

crazynette826
06-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Hey I'm all for it!!! Can we write to Selig and see if he'll start the season over?!?

Slashnl
06-07-2008, 10:56 AM
I hate baseball sometimes. :mad:.

I think this is so funny. Have any of us NOT said this so far this season??? ha!
The Rockies came back in the 9th last night to beat the Brewers. I have to admit that I had already given up and didn't see it happen. I'm not a good fan, I guess!!

EZMONEY
06-07-2008, 08:10 PM
A BIG WIN at the same time of a BIG UPSET...

after a BIG LOSS :(....Jim McKay....a true legend!

Sweetcaroline
06-07-2008, 08:17 PM
BIG LOSS ....Jim McKay....a true legend!
Oh I agree, I used to watch Wide World of Sports every Saturday with my dad, we loved it... The image of that skier wiping out in the intro will be in my brain forever....

EZMONEY
06-07-2008, 08:20 PM
yep!

Razz44
06-08-2008, 12:48 AM
This is so not a good season. Phillies win again, and Mets offense can't do anything again. Tied 1-1 going into the bot of the 6th.

Clydegirl
06-08-2008, 01:00 AM
A nice win tonight against the Astros.

Razz44
06-08-2008, 02:16 AM
Ughhhhhhhh. Mets lose 2-1 to the lousy Padres for the THIRD consecutive game. Its like the same game keeps replaying over and over. Now 6.5 big ones behind the Phils. This is awful

Slashnl
06-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Dare I say it? Rockies make it 4 wins in a row! Thankfully we're getting some of our injured players back. They are no longer the team with the worst record in baseball!!!! Thank you Marlins!

Clydegirl
06-08-2008, 11:57 PM
:carrot: woo hoo another win against the Astros.

Next game on Tuesday and we have a rookie pitching his first major league start :crossed:

Next Sunday I'm going to my first major league baseball game to see my Cardinals :carrot::carrot: I'm so excited and can't wait. They're playing the Phillies, who are playing really well at the minute.

I will take my camera and maybe get some pics up.

We got the tickets through my hub's work. They had a drawing for every home game this season. We were lucky to get them as there were a ton of people wanting tickets. I think we're over by the third base line, not sure exactly. We will get the tickets Thursday.

:D :dizzy:

EZMONEY
06-09-2008, 12:29 AM
suicidal

Razz44
06-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Ok, so my team finally managed to score some runs today 6 in fact (thats double what they had in the first 3 games put together). It had all the makings of a nice win, until Billy Wagner decides to serve up 4 runs, including a 3 run bomb to Tony Clark in the 8th, and the Mets lose another rough one 8-6 to the Padres.

A four game sweep at the hands of the freakin Padres!!!! Who does that??? Oh yeah and the Phillies won again too. Ughhh

Clydegirl
06-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Ken Griffey Jr hit his 600th home run tonight against the Marlins.

EZMONEY
06-09-2008, 11:17 PM
My son has probably 10 Ken Griffey rookie cards...5 still in unopened boxes. Just happened to be the few years he was collecting and everyone "gifted" him that for Christmas and birthday. Too bad EVERYONE else was collecting them too!

CLYDEGIRL....Is this your first ever Big league game?...How awesome!! I will never forget the first time I stepped into DODGER STADIUM as a kid of 9 or 10...WHOA!!! or the first time I took my son there when he was 9...although he had been going with me to see the Padres play (in the old Jack Murphy...now Quallcom...not PETCO) our DODGERS since he was born....he even was with me when they beat those Cubs in the National League play-off 5th game in '84...of course he was only 3 and got sick eating "junk"...so we left in about the third inning!!....man I love baseball/DODGER memories!!

Razz44
06-09-2008, 11:44 PM
:carrot: woo hoo another win against the Astros.

Next game on Tuesday and we have a rookie pitching his first major league start :crossed:

Next Sunday I'm going to my first major league baseball game to see my Cardinals :carrot::carrot: I'm so excited and can't wait. They're playing the Phillies, who are playing really well at the minute.

I will take my camera and maybe get some pics up.

We got the tickets through my hub's work. They had a drawing for every home game this season. We were lucky to get them as there were a ton of people wanting tickets. I think we're over by the third base line, not sure exactly. We will get the tickets Thursday.

:D :dizzy:

Your first game!! Thats so exciting! I've been lucky enough to a couple games each year for awhile, but I still remember my first one!

I hope the Cards smash the Philities to pieces!! Loser Phillies-->:boxing:<---Cardinals

I am actually going to the Mets game on Sunday, a nice way to spend Fathers Day with my dad :).

EZMONEY
06-09-2008, 11:52 PM
I am actually going to the Mets game on Sunday, a nice way to spend Fathers Day with my dad :).

Spent a few the same way...as a son...and a dad!....

just love baseball/DODGER memories.....

BillBlueEyes
06-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Had six tickets to Fenway Park for Sunday's game with my two adult kids and SO's all. We were in right field where Drew caught two flies deep into the warning track. Nice!! On TV you can't hear the thunk of the ball hitting the gloves as the right fielder warms up with the bull pen catcher. Loved the emotional playing of Dirty Water at the end of a winning home game.

Thought I'd broken the bank with the price of tickets until I faced the price of concessions, LOL. Was a little surprised to be out $150 for modest snacks for six. Are all ball parks rather pricey these days or I am I just old fashioned? Water, for example, was $3.75.

Clydegirl
06-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Yes it will be my first ever major league baseball game :D

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to baseball. Growing up in Scotland we watched football. It's only since moving here,4 years ago, that I've become addicted to the game. Hubs is amazed I know more about it than him. I never miss a game.

We're playing Cincinnati today. It would have been nice if Griffey had got his 600th at home.

EZMONEY
06-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Yep BILL it is insane...the cost! I just don't bother to go much anymore because of it, something just bugs me about paying $8.00 for a warm beer in a plastic bottle!

As far as the sound....oh yeah! I remember one game against my DODGERS and the Padres in Jack Murphy/Quallcom stadium, we had seats down the right field line, first row. A ball was hit down the line to Tony Gwynn, he fielded it on the line about 15 feet up from me....when he threw the ball in you could hear the "woooosh"....sweet!

Or sitting near the bullpen at DODGER Stadium and hearing the smack of the ball hitting the catcher's mitt from the starting pitcher warming up.

I saw a game once in Seattle with the Mariners at the old park...weired hearing the sounds "inside"....the "thud" of a ball hit off the wall just isn't the same...

or the "ping" of an aluminum bat!

Glad you had a good time.

CLYDEGIRL you are going to LOVE IT!!...but that wasn't "football" you saw in Scotland...that would be soccer....;)

Sweetcaroline
06-10-2008, 07:30 PM
BILL... Nice to meet another Sox fan, even an AL fan LOL ... Yes, indeed prices are outrageous at Fenway.... but l love going to games... It is 'one' place I stay OP.. LOL... A little warm there on Sunday eh' ? Tonight Sox and Celts... can't wait !!
Clyde....... Have a GREAT time, nothing like your first major league game !
EZ... what do you think LA or Celts ? LOL...
I have a feeling we'll be coming back here for 2 !

BillBlueEyes
06-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Sweetcaroline - Tip of my hat to another Red Sox fan. You must specially love it when they play Sweet Caroline at Fenway and the fans go nuts. Sweet caroline [Fans: Um! Um! Um! ]
Good times never seemed so good
Ive been inclined [Fans: Um! Um! Um! ]
To believe they never would Don't hold your breath waiting for Gary to acknowledge the possibility of a Celtics championship, LOL.

Sweetcaroline
06-10-2008, 09:01 PM
SO GOOD, SO GOOD, SO GOOD... Thank you for the song Bill.... Yes, I do go nuts when they play it at the park... actually any time I hear it... LOL... still trying to get tix for Neil at Fenway.

Clydegirl
06-10-2008, 10:22 PM
They just carried Albert Pujols off the field in Cincinnati :(

Stepping Out
06-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Do you know what might have happened Clydegirl? I checked all the sports lines (ESPN, Fox, SI), and there's no news.

I've been a Red Sox fan for a LONG time ;), but I've been stuck here in the sunny South since 1990. What's the story with 'Sweet Caroline' (the song) and the Sox? Inquiring minds want to know! :dizzy:

EZMONEY
06-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey you guys!....this is a baseball thread...off my LAKERS! ;)

watching right now of course....up...in the second quarter but you just never ever know. We need all 3 here in L.A. obviously or it may as well be over!...but ya just never know!

Love Sweet Caroline...NEIL is KING!!

CLYDEGIRL....missing Albert's news...watching basketball...........

EZMONEY
06-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Well gee look who peeked in...Hi JOANNE!

EZMONEY
06-11-2008, 12:58 AM
a little life left....back to baseball....down to those pesky Pads right now 2-1

Razz44
06-11-2008, 01:25 AM
My team sucks. Blow a 5-1 lead and lose 9-5. Yuck

Sweetcaroline
06-11-2008, 01:28 AM
What's the story with 'Sweet Caroline' (the song) and the Sox? Inquiring minds want to know!

Awhile back, ? early 90's someone played Sweet Caroline (N. Diamond) ... People started to sing back and a whole crowd participation thing started. Now it is a regular occurance in the 8th inning... along with Dirty Water at the end of the games and I love that dirty water.... ooooh Boston, thats my Home... I could really use some audio here... anyway, we sing at Fenway a lot now... Its so much fun...

EZMONEY
06-11-2008, 01:43 AM
Made the Standells famous all over again....

I will see NEIL in October...oh yeah!!....for about the 10th time since '71!

EZMONEY
06-11-2008, 02:05 AM
QUESTION ~ What uniform is your favorite....NOT YOUR FAVORITE TEAM!!...

I have always like the Chicago White Sox uniforms....clean and classy....

EZMONEY
06-11-2008, 02:24 AM
ME ~ DODGERS ~ 7....Son in law ~ Padres ~ 2....

DODGERS WIN!.......LAKERS WIN....need I say more?

heck no!!

Clydegirl
06-11-2008, 02:10 PM
No word yet on Pujols. He re-injured his calf and he's coming back to St.Louis today to see the docs. So he's on the DL and what do they do :censored: They brought Chris Duncan back up from the minors to play first base. He's playing terrible at the moment and his at bats are terrible!!

Good news hubs picked up our tickets for the game and we're in the first base field box row 4 :carrot: Bad news I won't be able to see Albert play :(

EZMONEY
06-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Sorry about Albert girl...but those sound like AWESOME seats!! good for you and DH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razz44
06-11-2008, 10:50 PM
MY goodness the nightmare continues and it gets worse every night.

Mets 5th starter Mike Pelfrey was battling Brandon Webb, pitched the game of his life and the Mets were up 3-0 in the 9th. Pelfrey gives up a soft single to the leadoff guy and they take him out and bring in Wagner. Wagner gives up a double and then gets 2 outs before giving up a game tying 3 run HR.

EZMONEY
06-12-2008, 12:15 AM
feel better RAZZ?...now if my guys can get back in it.........

Clydegirl
06-12-2008, 12:54 AM
10-0 tonight against the Reds.

Albert will be out for at least 3 weeks.

Slashnl
06-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Wow, what a defensive struggle tonight with the Rockies and the Giants. It came down to the end and the Rockies finally scored, winning 1-0. Whew! Good game!

EZMONEY
06-12-2008, 10:15 AM
if only we could score...Jake Peavy today...dang DODGER killer....dang

go LAKERS!

EZMONEY
06-13-2008, 01:02 AM
LAKERS up by 24...loose

DODGERS 0...padres 9...

basket weaving anyone?

my life is over......

Razz44
06-13-2008, 02:13 AM
And it happened again!!!:o

Mets were winning 4-0 going into the 8th, they give up 2 in the 8th, and then Wagner comes in and coughs it up for the third straight outing letting the Dbacks tie it 4-4. Then in the bottom of the 9th the DBacks make 2 diving plays to stop the Mets from scoring what would have been the winning run, and then those Snakes score one on a sac fly in the 10th to win it 5-4.

Slashnl
06-13-2008, 09:56 AM
EZ: I thought you might be a little depressed today. That was an unbelievable basketball game last night.

The Rockies lost yesterday. I was hoping for a sweep, but it wasn't meant to be. I hope they're coming out of their slump.

Sweetcaroline
06-13-2008, 09:47 PM
:sssh: EZ... I'm not going to say a word...

Clydegirl
06-13-2008, 10:44 PM
:( :cry: :faint: :censored: :faint:

First game against the Phillies. 4th inning and we're down 13-1.

Clydegirl
06-13-2008, 11:55 PM
This is the longest game.

It's now 17-2.

Clydegirl
06-14-2008, 12:12 AM
I don't believe this game. It's going from bad to worse.

Russ Springer just got ejected from the game for hitting Howard in the thigh. Not intentionally. Tony LaRussa went berserk at the umpire and got thrown out.

Score 19-2.

Clydegirl
06-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Oquendo 3rd base coach has now been ejected from the game after arguing why the Phillies pitcher was not thrown out. The pitch went around the back of Brendan Ryan.

The big question who will pitch the 9th inning.

Stay tuned.

Newsflash Aaron Miles who normally plays 2nd base is pitching the 9th.

You couldn't make this stuff up!!!!!!!

Clydegirl
06-14-2008, 12:45 AM
:carrot: It's over :carrot: 20-2 :(

Aaron Miles did good. 3 up 3 down. A few of his pitches didn't even register.

What a nightmare of a game. It was so bad it was funny.

Wait it's Friday 13th.

crazynette826
06-14-2008, 01:02 AM
I love Aaron Miles. He was one of my favorites that would come to Children's Hospital to visit the kids when he was with the Rockies. He was always very sweet with the kids. He's a good guy! I was sad to see him go. Kind of funny that they had him pitch. I think it's fun to watch position players pitch now and then. Sorry about your team though.

Rox didn't do much better. Up 4-2, end up losing 4-5. Wierd game though. Lot's of solo HRs. Must be Friday 13th.

EZMONEY
06-14-2008, 10:03 AM
:sssh: EZ... I'm not going to say a word...

Thank-you ;)....I had PLENTY to say after that fiasco!!

Now back to baseball...can somebody....any body score a few freakin' runs?

Enjoy your games this week-end ladies!

Slashnl
06-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Clyde! That was funny!! Thanks for the laugh. I know it wasn't funny for you, but thanks for the laugh for me. Might help me get over the Rockies blues.

EZ: You must be proud of how eloquent Kobe is in his press conferences. You know, they wet the bed... and can't cover it with a towel. Nice, Kobe.

Sweetcaroline
06-14-2008, 03:42 PM
CLYDE... That was hysterical... you should do a 'play-by play' blog... :comp: LOL.. LOL
We play the Phillies soon... I'm afraid !

Clydegirl
06-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Woo-hoo they won today. A much better game.

I'm all set for the game tomorrow. Got my new Ankiel shirt and I bought my very first baseball cap. I never wear anything on my head but decided as we're going to be sitting out in the hot sun I should get something.

Caroline those Phillies are good this year.

EZMONEY
06-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Not speaking about those guys....Angie hates it when I cuss!

HAVE A GREAT TIME CLYDEGIRL!...sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, cash for re-hydrating fuels, ball glove for foul balls, $$ for souvenirs...enjoy the game.

Clydegirl
06-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Check to all of the above except I don't have a glove.

Full report when I get back :D

Happy father's day Gary.

EZMONEY
06-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Check to all of the above except I don't have a glove.

Then you better DUCK fasssst!

Full report when I get back :D

Happy father's day Gary.

Thank-you :hug:...kids spent most of the day with me yesterday because of the race...and will all be here going out for Mexican food tonight...a great day ahead!

EZMONEY
06-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Pretty exciting game for your first one CLYDEGIRl...my guys scored 4 in the ninth!!! YIPEE....too bad they needed 5 to tie....dang!

Clydegirl
06-15-2008, 10:06 PM
:cp: :carrot: :woohoo: :cheer2:

What a wonderful day. They won in the 10th inning 7-6.

It was so much fun. I loved it. 2 home runs as well.

My first impression of the field was that it looks so much bigger on TV.

The only bad thing was Molina getting hurt in the 9th inning and being taken off the field on a backboard with a neck brace on. He had a bad collision at home plate. The place was deathly quiet while he was being examined. It looks like it was a concussion. Haven't heard anything else.

It was a hot day. We got 2 vouchers for a free ticket as they had a special ceremony for a Cardinal employee who died earlier this year and gave every adult a voucher. So I will get to go again :D

I really enjoyed it.

Sweetcaroline
06-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Clydegirl... so happy to hear you had a good time, boy, you certainly had the 'full' experience... and vouchers for another one !! yeah !

EZMONEY
06-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Awesome CLYDEGIRL...I was wondering what happened...I was "watching" on ESPN gamecast and there was a long delay, I couldn't figure out what was going on....hope Molina isn't hurt too badly.

Family and I saw the end of the US OPEN....while at dinner...we all were watching at our homes before we headed over. My son in law gets to go to the play-off tomorrow since Tiger sunk that putt!

LAKERS up by 18...seen that before....

Razz44
06-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Well the Mets finally fired manager Willie Randolph last night. Its been rumored for a long time, essentially since the end of last season, and hadn't happened, so I didnt think it would until the end of this season. Ironically enough they've actually won 3 of the last 4 games and won last night hours before he was fired.

The media has been screaming about the Mets needing to make a decision on this, and now that they finally did, they are all ripping the Mets for mishandling it; probably they are all just crabby that they were ready for bed when the new broke.

EZMONEY
06-17-2008, 08:51 PM
so typical RAZZ....now if they only would take all of my guys that can't hit...no...wait...I wouldn't have a team....humm...maybe that's a win-win.....

BillBlueEyes
06-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Gary - I've gotta go to bed (still working). Would you mind handling the second half of the Boston LA basketball game?

XXXXXXX 7 XXXXXXX 14 XXXXXXX 21 XXXXXXX 28 XXXXXXX 35 XXXXXXX 42

EZMONEY
06-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Bill...I think that "I" can do a better job than those dang Lakers....thanks for the ....poke!...have a great night!

Sweetcaroline
06-18-2008, 12:14 AM
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Clydegirl
06-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Where did the offence go?

EZMONEY
06-18-2008, 01:24 AM
maybe next year...not this year though!

Operator265
06-18-2008, 03:43 AM
Well, it's official EZ. http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers18-2008jun18,1,6436241.column Your Lakers SUCK!!!!:p And they're still overpaid babies.

(Damn, I'm such a brat!!!!:censored:):D

Operator265
06-18-2008, 04:27 AM
Announcement-Would the mom who left her 5 children at Staples Center please come pick them up. They are beating the Lakers --- 131 to 92!!!!

Slashnl
06-18-2008, 09:33 AM
OUCH! You are brutal, Operator! Gave me a chuckle, though.

I'm sorry, Gary! That had to be tough on you.

Operator265
06-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Oh, if you think I'm brutal now, you ought to see me when I go back to work on Saturday and begin the collection process.:hat: At least 4 so called men will be laying in the fetal position crying while they give me their money.:devil::devil::devil:

EZMONEY
06-18-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm sorry, Gary! That had to be tough on you.

Not half as tough as OPERATOR! ;)

back to baseball.....back to back over cincy! :carrot:

Clydegirl
06-18-2008, 11:45 PM
I can't stand this. 2 losses against the Royals.

Operator265
06-19-2008, 03:00 AM
:wizard:So I tease you about your whiney baby Lakers and you put a hex out on me leaving me too sick to get out of bed all day, Gary.;)

Besides, you're in construction, so I know you're big enough to take it.:jig:

BTW, if I can get transferred to the Sampling dept. so I can work a straight day shift, I am very seriously considering joining a baseball team next year. I understand that they are the most all around fit sports players. Besides, I need to get a life that isn't just about work and kids, and busting EZ's B***s.:s:

Slashnl
06-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Gary, your Dodgers are having some good games lately. The Rockies have taken two now against the Indians. We are happy!

Razz44
06-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Mets win! And a great win! They tie the game against K-Rod with 2 out in the 9th, and then take the lead and go onto win it on a HR in the 10th!

Thats only the third loss those Angels have had in 3 yrs where they were winning after 8, something like 201-3. I think the Mets have lost 3 games like that just this past week :dizzy:

Clydegirl
06-19-2008, 05:48 PM
:mad: Swept by the Royals.

Now it's on to Boston:yikes:

Sweetcaroline
06-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Now it's on to Boston :yikes:

And we are HOT.... They should be good games...

Sweetcaroline
06-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Can I just say that I think it really very sad the way they fired the Mets manager... Mr. Randolph is it ? Even if he needed to go... Just my .02

Clydegirl
06-19-2008, 06:34 PM
And we are HOT.... They should be good games...

I'm looking forward to watching the games.

We miss Pujols. Our ace pitcher is out as well.

Hopefully Yadi will get to play.

EZMONEY
06-19-2008, 07:31 PM
back to back to back....yipee for the Reds!....bring on those Indians!

Slashnl
06-20-2008, 09:42 AM
We crushed the Indians, so we'll send them to you, EZ. I hope the Mets are good guests while they're here playing our Rockies! We finally moved out of last place in our division, so life is better!!

EZMONEY
06-20-2008, 10:16 AM
life is always better DIANE when the giants or padres are in last.....

Clydegirl
06-21-2008, 12:42 AM
A nice win against the Red Sox.

We needed that after losing to the Royals.

Slashnl
06-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Darn. The Mets came to town and won. Well, maybe we can get back at them in the next 2 games!

Sweetcaroline
06-21-2008, 02:12 PM
A nice win against the Red Sox.

It absolutely was Clydegirl... That one play with four guys falling down cracked me up... We weren't so coordinated out there either.. LOL... I won't see the game tonight.. good luck...

Clydegirl
06-21-2008, 03:00 PM
2 day games Caroline.

I'm not so sure about our starting pitcher today. He was brought up because of all the injuries. Only had 2 starts.

Now Izturis is on the DL. So many injuries.

Clydegirl
06-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Wow 9-3 against the Red Sox :)

Razz44
06-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Darn. The Mets came to town and won. Well, maybe we can get back at them in the next 2 games!

Well you got back one. Pedro started out so good and then just lost it, and the Mets offense was awful. Typical Mets to beat the guy who was 10-3 and lose to the one who is 1-7 :shrug:

EZMONEY
06-22-2008, 12:04 AM
2 back to back losses in extra innings...painful to watch....going to Vegas for a few days...am not putting any $$$$ down on those low scoring guys.... 0 wins and 27 losses this year when they have scored 2 runs or less...not going to post season like that....

Slashnl
06-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Razz, I wondered if it was a different team out there than the previous one! I can't say too much because the Rockies have been all over the board in their games. We've lost so many in the late innings! So, we'll see who shows up today!!

Sweetcaroline
06-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Wow 9-3 against the Red Sox

Congrats Clydegirl... I didn't see 'any' of the game (dance recital) but have to say your guys are on a roll... Here ya on the injuries.. Our pitching is really bumming me out... Dice K really needs to get his act together... I'm waiting for the game now... rain out so far.... Good Luck....

So sorry EZ... that cannot be easy to watch... Boston's lost back to back this weekend...one more today... but CLYDEGIRL is very happy.........

Clydegirl
06-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Caroline what a good game.

13 innings and we lose it 5-3.

Can't complain we won the series.

Sweetcaroline
06-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Caroline what a good game.

13 innings and we lose it 5-3.

Can't complain we won the series.

They were good games... Congrats on the 2 wins... Thank Goodness we got the last one.... I love walk-off's....Tomorrow's bullpen should be interesting... we used 'everybody'........ Arizona in tomorrow...

Nikki2476
06-22-2008, 08:40 PM
I just found this thread and I may get booed out of here, but all I can say is.....CUBS WIN CUBS WIN

What an awesome 4th inning yesterday against the white sox...multiple hr's and 2 by jim edmonds. I can honestly say that Ithink after all the years of heartache, this could be are year...if we don't blow it in August like always...

Clydegirl
06-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi Nikki.

I'm still mad that the Cardinals let Jim Edmonds go. I loved watching him out in centerfield.

Cubs will be here for 4th of July. A big series for both teams.

Slashnl
06-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Nikki, you can be a Cubs fan! You have lots to cheer about!

Pity the fool who is a Rockies fan....
Razz, your Mets came back to life!

Razz44
06-24-2008, 12:51 AM
Yes slash my team has come back to life a little bit. Though you wouldn't know it by they way they played tonight. Johan Santana gives up a grand slam to the Mariners PITCHER and the Mets lose 5-2.

Still, overall they have been playing a lot better lately, and the Phils have definitely cooled off. Its a lot nicer to be 4 GB than 7.5 GB thats for sure.

Slashnl
06-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Razz: Ouch! That's not so good. I guess little by little, if they can improve, it's a good thing.
We're playing the Royals and lost last night.

Slashnl
06-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Well, Rockies lose again.
Razz, I saw the Mets/Mariners score. I'm just hoping you're ok!

Razz44
06-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Haha yes I am ok.

Last night was pathetic. The Mets have been absolutely brutal against last place teams this yr. They've already been swept by the Padres, lost a series to the Rockies when the Rocks were really slumping, lost a bunch of games to the Nationals, and now the Mariners. Hopefully they can avoid an embarrassing sweep tonight.

Thankfully the rest of the division has been bumbling along as well, so the Mets haven't lost any ground. They need to get their act together quickly though

EZMONEY
06-26-2008, 01:06 AM
NIKKI ~ No one gets booed here! Welcome...if we don't have anything nice to say...we shut up until we do!

MY boys might find a way to win tonight....up 5-0 against the White Sox. Boy I love the White Sox uniforms.

My son and daughter in law are going to friday night's game in Los Angeles...DODGERS vs. ANGELS....lucky kids!

Loved the College World Series...Fresno was awesome!

Slashnl
06-26-2008, 09:32 AM
EZ, that's what we watched last night, the college world series. Fun to see such an underdog win! I had a feeling when they came back and won the 2nd game, that they would win it all.
Besides, better to watch that than to watch the Rockies get swept at Kansas City. Those Royals are tough! On to Detroit tomorrow.

Clydegirl
06-26-2008, 05:48 PM
:mad: It really annoys me when they walk 2 people intentionally in an inning to load the bases, then the next person up walks because the pitcher can't throw 3 strikes, winning the game.

I'd much rather see them pitch to the batter giving up hits, than giving up walks for them to win a game.

Tigers, they're all yours Diane.

Rant over.

Razz44
06-26-2008, 06:07 PM
:mad: It really annoys me when they walk 2 people intentionally in an inning to load the bases, then the next person up walks because the pitcher can't throw 3 strikes, winning the game.

I'd much rather see them pitch to the batter giving up hits, than giving up walks for them to win a game.

Tigers, they're all yours Diane.

Rant over.

Yeah Clydegirl, thats one of the worst ways to lose. The Mets actually lost the NLCS to the Braves on a "walk off walk" several years ago. It was horrible.

Back to the current situation. The Mets did manage to salvage a game from the Mariners last night. They are off tomorrow and then the have 4 against the Yanks, 4 against those Cards, and 4 against the Phils....should be interesting.

Clydegirl
06-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Razz, yip 4 against the Mets. How good are they just now ;) My daughter is going to the game on Monday. I still haven't talked her into taking her mum.

First we're off to Kansas City.

Albert was back today as the DH and his bat was hot.

Nikki2476
06-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Heres what I don't understand...why in the bottom of the ninth inning with the bases loaded and no outs, would you pinch hit for the two players who have hit the best that day? I really don't understand that.

Not a very good series for the cubs...1 out of three, but I guess you can't win them all

EZMONEY
06-27-2008, 11:25 PM
My DODGERS vs. My ANGELS...if my guys don't win I will be blue. Son and daughter in law at the game...hope they go home happy!

Clydegirl
06-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Who are these people and what did they they do with the team who took 2 of 3 from the Red sox last weekend?

Razz44
06-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Up and down day for the Mets. They won the first game of the double header 15-6 at Yankee Staidum, with 9 RBI from Carlos Delgado, the most ever by a Met in one game. :woohoo:

Then they go over to Shea for the night game, Pedro gets bombed, the Mets can't hit Yankee scrub Sidney Ponson and they lose 9-0 :club: Go figure

EZMONEY
06-28-2008, 02:11 AM
Son and daughter in law getting their $$$ worth!...oh wait...their tickets were comped!...son texting me through-out the game...a whole new world from when I was his age....

EZMONEY
06-28-2008, 02:12 AM
RAZZ...way cool...double header at both parks...my DODGERS and my ANGELS could do that too!

Slashnl
06-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Another loss for the Rockies. Whatever.

I heard on the radio that 7 of the worst 8 teams in the MLB are from the national league and 7 of the best 8 teams are in the american league. Just a little trivia from a fan of one of the 7 worst teams!!

Razz44
06-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Yeah, EZ. Its pretty cool, its actually the third time they've done it, so not as much hoopla as the first time, but its still interesting, and its funny to see the players getting on and off the buses in uniform like a bunch of little leaguers.

I don't think your guys need it out in LA :sunny: though. What do you have like 1 rainout every 10 years?

EZMONEY
06-29-2008, 01:52 AM
OMGoodness a NO HITTER pitched against my DODGERS!

bummer...right?...nope...

WE WON!!!!

WiLD!

Clydegirl
06-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Won the series against the Royals :carrot:

Now it's time for those Mets ;) Razz are you ready?

Gary I checked that out on MLB.com. Another close one today.

Razz44
06-29-2008, 09:27 PM
I saw that Gary. Get no-hit and win!! Crazy! My Mets have still never thrown a no-hitter, though I bet when they do, something like that will happen, and they'll lose :lol:

I am ready Clydegirl!! Should be a good series.

EZMONEY
06-29-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't know why we didn't win or score today...after all we had 3 hits....gosh we won yesterday with 0 hits...you'd think we would have killed 'em today with 3!

This no hitting is getting real old! The pitching has been pretty good...by the time the hitting comes around....the next millennium...our pitchers will have tired arms!

Have a great week of games LADIES!

Slashnl
06-30-2008, 09:40 AM
I don't even know what to say about my Rockies. The were swept by Detroit. At least they're coming home to play the Padres. Maybe we can sneak in a win.

Razz44
06-30-2008, 09:38 PM
So much for a good competitive game. My team stinks. And to make it even more enjoyable ESPN continues to show replays from the 2006 NLCS. What a fun game :dz:

EZMONEY
06-30-2008, 10:35 PM
My DODGERS are making the Astros look like the '27 Yankees!

Clydegirl
06-30-2008, 11:35 PM
3 more games Razz.

Nice to see Mark Mulder pitch the 9th.

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 12:00 AM
stunk again...but we did get 11 hits!

watching the ROCKIES and padres...ROCKIES are up 8-3 right now....

oops...8-8....I feel for ya BABES!

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Placing my ROCKY BABES on suicide watch!

Slashnl
07-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Keep all sharp instruments away from me.
How in the h... do you blow a lead and then get blown out of the park 15-8??????????
If you are the Rockies... playing at HOME... against the Padres... that's how you do it.

When does football start?

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Yesterday...those dang Padres scored 2!

LA TIMES says we have 66+ MILLION on the DL right now...that is for 1 year!

Slashnl
07-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Tune in tonight!!! Watch the Rockies and the Padres duke it out for last place! Who will reign supreme in the cellar????

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Tune in tonight!!! Watch the Rockies and the Padres duke it out for last place! Who will reign supreme in the cellar????

:rofl:

can't laugh...I have the saddest :( 2nd place team!

EZMONEY
07-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Congrats ROCKY BABES!

My DODGERS are up 6-1...should be easy...

oops...6-4...no problem....

oops...6-6......thinkin' of taking up drinking....oh wait....been there done that

EDIT ~ 7-6 DODGERS in 11! Yay...yawn...yay

Slashnl
07-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Whew! We got one! I'm so excited.
EZ, kind of a scary game for you! I'm glad it worked out.

Clydegirl
07-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Razz they got one. Didn't see any of the game.

2 more to go.

Sweetcaroline
07-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Second place ??? to the RAYS ??? I guess they are not going away like we thought they would.... they are GOOD !!!! Strong pitching, good bullpen, some of their outfield plays are 'adventures'... but....... whoa... :?:
OK Boston lets go...... !!

EZMONEY
07-03-2008, 12:52 AM
tough one CAROLINE

me and my ROCKY BABES got a win tonight...hahaha to the :p son in law :p

BIG BIRD and RAZZ have a good one going tonight

Razz44
07-03-2008, 02:36 AM
Ugh my damn team. They actually score some runs and come back from several runs behind which the never do... and then they go and blow it anyway. I hate that Duncan guy.

Its been that kind of season...

Slashnl
07-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Sorry Razz, I know how you feel!
The Rockies won last night and it was a good game. Not exciting, but good! I was noticing the "2007 National League Champs" banner they have on the dugout. Boy, what a difference a year makes.

EZ, if I heard right, the Padres are headed your way. That should be fun for you!!

Clydegirl
07-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Razz good game last night.

Those are always hard ones to lose.

Clydegirl
07-03-2008, 10:37 PM
I don't think I can watch much more of this :mad:

Down 9-0 3rd inning. Pitcher pretty awful and it looks like he will be there for a while. They're not going to the bullpen.

EZMONEY
07-03-2008, 10:59 PM
OUCH! BIG BIRD!...last I saw it was 0-0...sorry you "ran" home for the game....wink.

My DODGERS won again!! Amazing....would have been half a game behind the poison if they hadn't score 6 in the 9th to win 6-5....

HAVE A GREAT 4th Of JULY!

Sweetcaroline
07-03-2008, 11:42 PM
:smoking: That was great...

GO RED SOX

EZMONEY
07-03-2008, 11:45 PM
anytime those yankees lose it is good CAROLINE!

Clydegirl
07-04-2008, 12:10 AM
What is it with all of these broken bats!!

One of these days someone is going to be seriously injured with one of these projectiles.

I'm glad to say we're now in the 9th and it's 11-1.

The Cubs are coming to town tomorrow.

EZMONEY
07-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Watch the Padres games and of course my guys...the last few weeks that bat issue just keeps coming up! Dangerous!

Razz44
07-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Wow the offense actually showed up for 3 straight games!! That hasn't happened in a long time.

Huge 4 games series coming up with the Philties. Would be nice to win this series and pick up a couple games, but really with the way this season has gone, I am just thinking split, and hoping that they don't fall on their face and get themselves buried.

Clydegirl
07-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Happy 4th everyone.

Well we lost the first to the Cubs 2-1 :(

Albert got his 300th home run, Jim Edmonds got a standing ovation his first time at the plate and there were 2 really bad calls from the umpire in the bottom of the 9th inning. Grrr. Oh well there's always tomorrow.

Hey Diane what a game for the Rockies to win 18-17. I bet that put a smile on your face.

Slashnl
07-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Clyde, it was a great game. I was starting to pout ... a little... when they were down 13-4, but I also knew that if they got hot at the bats, they could come back.
Fun to see that many homeruns.

Razz44
07-05-2008, 12:07 PM
That Rockies game was crazy. I saw part of it, must have been a fun day to be a Rockies fan.

To be a Mets fan, not so good. Again the offense stunk, they had a 2-0 lead by the Phils ended up tying it, and then winning it in the bot of the 9th.

EZMONEY
07-05-2008, 12:58 PM
That was a WILD one...only in Colorado!

4 in a row for my guys...only .5 out!

Enjoying baseball again!!

Have a great day Ladies!

Clydegirl
07-05-2008, 11:50 PM
A great game in St.Louis.

Ankiel got a 2 run single to win the game :carrot:

Razz44
07-06-2008, 12:25 AM
The Ankiel story really is amazing.

The Mets won today too :woohoo:.

They had been winning 3-0, and fell behind 4-3 in the 7th, but rallied to get 3 in the 8th and 3 in the 9th and won 9-4 :carrot::carrot:. They really needed that one against those evil Philites!!

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 12:36 AM
The knucklehead teen-agers paused the UFC fights to go get ice cream....gave me a chance to run downstairs here and check the score of my guys...winning when I quit watching on the computer...losing by 3 now...dang....still time...at least the D'backs lost!

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 10:45 AM
What's with those ROCKIES...BABES?

WE could have used those 3 run 9th innings you both had yesterday gals!

Just realized we are 6 games past our 1/2 way point of the schedule...going fast this year.

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 10:51 AM
I may miss the finish...but I am watching Nadal and Federer right now...what a match last year!

Clydegirl
07-06-2008, 12:12 PM
I may miss the finish...but I am watching Nadal and Federer right now...what a match last year!

Wow Nadal is up 2 sets.

Wonder if he can hold on and win his first Wimbledon.

Clydegirl
07-06-2008, 09:13 PM
What a difference a day makes :(

Onto Philadelphia.

Razz44
07-06-2008, 09:24 PM
I think I need a new sport to watch. Mets up 2-0, 2 down, 2 strikes in the bot of the 9th and Billy Wagner our lovely closer serves up a 2 run bomb. Extra innings now, can't say I am confident in my team

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Good to see you got that one RAZZ..

2 of 3 for us over those dreaded giants...still half a game out....not bad for being a crummy team right now!

Sweetcaroline
07-07-2008, 08:30 PM
WOW.. Sabathia to the Brewers huh ?? I love all the buzz before the trade deadlines...

Razz44
07-08-2008, 12:14 AM
My team is crazy. Up 10-1 in the 6th, and I am thinking maybe just maybe there is some hope we'd get an easy win instead of the heart pounding finishes of the last few days. What in the world was I thinking? It goes from 10-1 to 10-9 with the tying run on 2nd and winning run at the plate, until the Mets finally get that final out and win 10-9.

All in all a good series Mets take 3 of 4 from the Phils, finally get back over .500 and 2.5 gms out of 1st, but I think I've had several heart attacks this weekend.

Clydegirl
07-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Razz they won that's the main thing.

We're playing the Phillies tomorrow.

Mark Mulder is getting his first start on Wednesday since coming off the DL. Not good. I don't know what they're thinking. Proof me wrong please.

Sabathia going to the Brewers :( We need some good pitching. Those Brewers are sneaking up the central division.

When is Chris Carpenter coming back?

EZMONEY
07-08-2008, 12:39 AM
we are up 2-0 over the Braves...bet it won't last!

EDIT ~ I was right, it didn't last...we won 3-0...tied for 1st YAY!!!!

Slashnl
07-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Beat the Brewers. Maybe they were distracted by all of the Sabathia talk!

Glad to see the Dodgers giving the D-Backs a challenge!! We're trying to sneak up on the Giants!

Clydegirl
07-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Got the first one against the Phillies :carrot:

EZMONEY
07-09-2008, 12:29 AM
0-0 for us right now...oh by the way that was ALMOST a perfect game last night...a lousy double ruined it!

Razz44
07-09-2008, 01:56 AM
Got the first one against the Phillies :carrot:

Keep up the good work ;)

Slashnl
07-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Well, that Sabathia guy is pretty good. ;) They could have waited to put him in the game until after the Rockies were out of town! Darn!
EZ, get those Dodgers to win! I want to see someone else in first place! Since it can't be the Rockies, the Dodgers need to be the one!

Razz44
07-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Mark Mulder is getting his first start on Wednesday since coming off the DL. Not good. I don't know what they're thinking. Proof me wrong please.
\

Looks like you were right :(. I saw he left hurt in the 1st. Hopefully he'll be ok

Clydegirl
07-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Unfortunately Razz I think he's done.

I don't see him pitching again.

Sweetcaroline
07-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Wow... half way through the season.... hard to believe... it went fast.
All-Star Game looks like fun... I love the home run derby, no Big Papi this year though :cry:
I never thought I would be 'happy' to see Yanks win, but they beat the first place Tampa Rays twice... Love em' for that, that puts us back within 2...

:sssh: Go Dodgers... EZ....anyone.... Did they trade Nomar Garciapara ??????

GO RED SOX.......

EZMONEY
07-09-2008, 10:45 PM
..........EZ, get those Dodgers to win! I want to see someone else in first place! Since it can't be the Rockies, the Dodgers need to be the one!

I like your style DIANE :)

EZMONEY
07-09-2008, 10:47 PM

:sssh: Go Dodgers... EZ....anyone.... Did they trade Nomar Garciapara ??????

[SIZE="1"]GO RED SOX.......

CAROLINE not unless they did it today. He has been on the DL...just came back this past week-end.

The poison lost...we may get back into that tie for first!

Slashnl
07-10-2008, 09:53 AM
I checked and you're in a tie, Gary. We won last night and Giants lost, so we are 1/2 a game back from them. Maybe we can pull into 3rd place! Go Rockies!

Clydegirl
07-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Dear Cardinals Management,

you are going to have to spend some of that ticket money you charge us fans and get a left handed pitcher and someone who can hit the ball,

Sincerely

A fan.

It's time they need to do something.

Razz44
07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
6 in a row!! Longest win streak since sometime in 2006 when we were actually good!! :carrot: Hopefully they can keep it going against those Rockies, be nice to get some revenge for Hurdle gypping us in the All-Star selection process :lol:. Still a chance to take Wright or Reyes to replace Soriano, Clint... hint, hint.

EZMONEY
07-11-2008, 12:30 AM
I checked and you're in a tie, Gary. We won last night and Giants lost, so we are 1/2 a game back from them. Maybe we can pull into 3rd place! Go Rockies!

PLEASE pass those hated giants...PLEASE!

Dear Cardinals Management,

you are going to have to spend some of that ticket money you charge us fans and get a left handed pitcher and someone who can hit the ball,

Sincerely

A fan.

It's time they need to do something.

Dear DODGER Management...see above!

6 in a row!! Longest win streak since sometime in 2006 when we were actually good!! :carrot: Hopefully they can keep it going against those Rockies, be nice to get some revenge for Hurdle gypping us in the All-Star selection process :lol:. Still a chance to take Wright or Reyes to replace Soriano, Clint... hint, hint.

EZ now RAZZ ;)

Down 3-4 right now to the Marlins....we aren't good at coming from behind.....crossing fingers here!

Slashnl
07-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Razz, you've lost my sympathy! Holliday's the man!

Darn EZ, one game behind for both of our teams.

Razz44
07-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Razz, you've lost my sympathy! Holliday's the man!

Darn EZ, one game behind for both of our teams.

Oh Holliday definitely deserves it, but he was already on the team wasn't he? Just named starter instead of reserve? So there is technically still one spot left.

Mets fans are just not too happy with Billy Wagner and his 6 blown saves of all people being selected as our lone rep, especially with the game being in NY.

Slashnl
07-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Razz, I was kidding. I still feel your pain, at least until we play you guys! Maybe Hurdle is trying to hold on to Holliday. There have been trade rumors here regarding him. Not liking that!!

EZMONEY
07-11-2008, 07:47 PM
tough one last night

Razz44
07-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Razz, I was kidding. I still feel your pain, at least until we play you guys! Maybe Hurdle is trying to hold on to Holliday. There have been trade rumors here regarding him. Not liking that!!

Hurdle actually did select Wright after all :carrot:

There have actually been rumors here of Holliday coming to the Mets who really need a corner OFer. :cool:. Their LFer is out for the season, and RFer has had on and off post-concussion issues for the past couple months so nobody knows if/when he is going to be well again. But the Mets don't really have much of a farm system at all, so I don't see it happening. Besides, the Rockies really have no need whatsoever to trade Holliday. Teams just don't go out and trade their best player for the **** of it. Its probably just the media trying to create some drama. I don't think the Rockies would trade him.

Clydegirl
07-12-2008, 12:02 AM
There's been talk about Holliday coming here as well. I don't think the Cards would give up Rasmus to get him. Rasmus is one of their best prospects in the farm system.

A win against the Pirates tonight, 2 more please.

Razz44
07-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Mets win a pitchers duel 2-1. A whole week of competent baseball by my guys :dizzy:. Is this real or make believe?

Clydegirls Cards had a pretty impressive win I see.

EZ's guys have had a rough 1st inning. Hopefully they can put together a nice comeback against those Fish!

EZMONEY
07-12-2008, 03:23 AM
Well RAZZ we just ended up smelling like fish! Glad I spent the evening with my wife, daughter and sil at a play!

Slashnl
07-12-2008, 10:27 AM
You were kind, Razz. Thanks! I can't believe you can leave the bases loaded so many times! Crazy. Oh well, maybe today will be their day. I think you're right about Holliday. The Rockies would want something pretty spectacular in trade for him, so I think it is just media trying to stir things up. Give the fans more heartburn.

EZMONEY
07-12-2008, 01:44 PM
willing to give up a few of our so called "hitters"!

Clydegirl
07-12-2008, 11:49 PM
I don't believe it :mad: :censored: :censored:

They just lost that game to the Pirates.

Went to extra innings and they must have used every pitcher in the bullpen.

They were winning until the bottom of the 9th and Isringhausen blew it.

Boy do they need to spend some money on the bullpen!!!

I hate losing games like that.

Mind you it's nice to win games like that.

EZMONEY
07-13-2008, 01:59 AM
3-3 in the ninth...2 on 2 out...if we go to extra innings again I am going to bed!

EDIT ~ off to bed

Razz44
07-13-2008, 02:22 AM
I saw the highlights of the Cards/Pirates, what a crazy game

I am pulling for those guys in Dodger Blue tonight. Beat those Fish

EZMONEY
07-13-2008, 09:59 AM
So I wake up to see we lost the game and maybe our closer, Saito, to an elbow problem...I thought it was bad when he walked off after 2 outs...arm limp at side...dang!

Hope your games go well today gals!

EZMONEY
07-13-2008, 10:02 AM
:bday2you:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BIRD! ;)

I hope your day is incredible! :celebrate:

Clydegirl
07-13-2008, 11:20 AM
:) thank you Gary.

Maybe my Redbirds can get a win today to make up for last night.

Slashnl
07-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Razz, you continue to be nice in your comments. I appreciate it. Your Mets are beating up on my Rox. Maybe today....
At least the Giants keep losing, too. We're still a half game behind them.

Clydegirl
07-13-2008, 01:35 PM
No, no, no Diane.

We need the Giants to beat the Cubs ;)

Razz44
07-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Razz, you continue to be nice in your comments. I appreciate it. Your Mets are beating up on my Rox. Maybe today....
At least the Giants keep losing, too. We're still a half game behind them.

Being a Mets fan is generally a very humbling/depressing experience, so I know not to talk trash during the rare times things are going well lol ;)

And I wouldn't say the Mets have really been beating up the Rockies. Both games have been close, the Mets pitching has just been red hot right now. Hopefully for me they can keep it up.

Unfortunately those damn Snakes couldn't help the Mets out, so the Phils won, and secured themselves of going into the break in 1st place. After this crazy start to the season, it would have been nice to see the Mets sneak into the break in 1st, but hopefully they can win tonight and stay 0.5 gms out.

Clydegirl
07-13-2008, 05:56 PM
:carrot: What a great day ;)

A good win against the Pirates 11-6.

Aaron miles you've got to love him. 5 RBI's, a home run and a triple.

A good win after last night's loss.

Sweetcaroline
07-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Tampa has lost 7 in a row and Boston is back in 1st place :D we were down by 5 games a week ago.
There are no Red Sox in Homerun Derby this year... What about you guys ?
Happy Birthday Clydegirl

Clydegirl
07-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks Caroline.

No Cardinals in the homerun derby.

EZMONEY
07-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Not sad at all about those snakes losing here RAZZ!

My DODGERS finally had an easy one...going to the break 1 game out....feeling decent about that.

WE really need to win the division...no wild card for us....thanks to the your CARDINALS your Mets and a few others right now.

Enjoy the game tonight GALLS....

Enjoy the break too! It's been a frustrating year for most of us but we all are in the hunt...assuming those Rockies will win another 17 in a row!

Good luck LADIES! And thanks for keeping this thread going! :hug:

Clydegirl
07-13-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm watching "The Babe" just now with John Goodman.

Razz44
07-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Another Win!! Thats 9 wins in a row, and 4 shutouts in the last 6 gms! Is this really the Mets I am watching? Hopefully the break doesn't kill the good mojo.

And thanks to the Dodgers today, the Mets are finally able to jump in front of those Stinky Fish

Slashnl
07-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Razz, really impressive winning streak, I have to say.
Gary, do you think the Rockies can win 17 in a row? I think they can! I think they can! I think they can!

Maybe next year.

So, what about the All Star game. Can the NL win one?

Clydegirl
07-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Anyone going to be watching the all star game?

I see they announced the starting line-ups.

Sweetcaroline
07-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Here we go............
AL Starting Lineup
1: Ichiro Suzuki, RF, Mariners
2: Derek Jeter, SS, Yankees
3: Josh Hamilton, CF, Rangers
4: Alex Rodriguez, 3B, Yankees
5: Manny Ramirez, LF, Red Sox
6: Milton Bradley, DH, Rangers
7: Kevin Youkilis, 1B, Red Sox
8: Joe Mauer, C, Twins
9: Dustin Pedroia, 2B, Red Sox
SP: Cliff Lee, Indians

NL starting lineup:

1: Hanley Ramirez, SS, Marlins
2: Chase Utley, 2B, Phillies
3: Lance Berkman, 1B, Astros
4: Albert Pujols, DH, Cardinals
5: Chipper Jones, 3B, Braves
6: Matt Holliday, RF, Rockies
7: Ryan Braun, LF, Brewers
8: Kosuke Fukudome, CF, Cubs
9: Geovany Soto, C, Cubs
SP: Ben Sheets, Brewers

Clydegirl
07-14-2008, 11:41 PM
There's some big bats there for the National League.

They just might do it this year.

I don't know how Fukudome was selected. Well I do thousands of fans voting. There are better centerfielders out there. When you look at his stats there are much better players that did not get picked.

I will watch some of the game tomorrow, don't know if I will see all of it.

EZMONEY
07-15-2008, 12:26 AM
Looks like all my guys need a break from...NOT HITTING!!!!

Russell Martin our catcher is there... a good guy!

Sweetcaroline
07-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Boy, I loved that Homerun Derby last night... Josh Hamilton, what a story ! I believe there was a bit of divine intervention a Yankee Stadium last night. I almost turned it off, but I entered a contest and wanted to see 'my guy'... I'm so glad I saw it in real time... I'm hoping his story inspires others dealing with addiction.
Time to make popcorn for the game... no salt or butter of course.. ;)

EZMONEY
07-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Only the end of the first inning...seen enough yankee stuff...

why don't they just go play with themselves.

Sweetcaroline
07-15-2008, 10:08 PM
why don't they just go play with themselves.
Why Gary... whatever do you mean ???

I agree... enough Yankee ... I think Boston got boo'd... not Youkilis, we yell YOUK, which sounds like Boo.... but I think the rest of Boston was boo'd... < snif > NY hates us :dunno:...... whatever..........

EZMONEY
07-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Why Gary... whatever do you mean ???

;)...nutin' ;)

But ya know what SWEET-C...those yankees played into a lot of my DODGER memories...I should give 'em a break!

EZMONEY
07-15-2008, 10:32 PM
It's just that I have hated them since 1964 when I was 10 years old. I wanted them in the World Series...my dad wanted the CLYDEGIRL CARDINALS...great series...he won the 7th game...oh those players...some of the greats!

Sweetcaroline
07-15-2008, 10:47 PM
I know what you mean Gary... Nights like this are bound to turn up some memories... I think of my dad a lot when I'm watching the games... That was our bond... I do hate the Yankees as a whole. I did/do however think the world of Joe Torre. We have to get thru them to get to the WS, but we will never get to BEAT them in one... damn............ I have a funny feeling your Dodgers are going to be on top by OCT... I'm going to bet you are in first by 2.5 games. !!

Darby1
07-16-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm a Yankees fan and I'm irritated by the fans at the stadium tonight. This isn't a Yankees vs. Redsox game. This is the AL working together. I thought all the booing was rude.

Unfortunately, sports was not encouraged when I was growing up, so I only discovered baseball 5 years ago, and I don't have a ton of memories, but I was really touched by all the old timers. We went to Yankees stadium 2 years ago, knowing it would be our last time. I had hoped to go to the new stadium next year, but it's not looking likely.

Sweetcaroline
07-16-2008, 12:27 AM
It really angers me that NY some how had the idea that Papelbon would 'close' if they had the lead and not Rivieira... The fact it would not be Papelbon was discussed last week, Francona said it, Pap said it. Somehow page 6 and other NY newspapers got it wrong, again... Now they are boo-ing the kid.......... Sorry Darby, but I hope they slip right down the charts and the sooner the better.... Perhaps you should consider rooting for the Mets ??? LOL

Darby1
07-16-2008, 12:36 AM
NY newspapers, especially the Post, are all about stirring things up!

Did you guys see George Steinbrenner? He looks awful!

Jeter looks great though ;)!!

EZMONEY
07-16-2008, 12:41 AM
The whole Papelbon thing is being blown up...as usual...out of proportion! All the guy said was he felt he should close...what's wrong with that...he should feel he should as so Rivera and ALL the other closers there!

Sorry SWEET-C but drew hitting that home run made me mad...my son even called me..."Dang dad...jd....why couldn't he do that for us?

Clydegirl
07-16-2008, 01:06 AM
That was close in the 10th.

Come on guys we need a National League win.

EZMONEY
07-16-2008, 01:07 AM
that was uggla

Razz44
07-16-2008, 01:24 AM
Not a good night for my team's stars. Though Wagner blowing hte lead was pretty predictable ;)

EZMONEY
07-16-2008, 01:38 AM
I really need to get to bed...how do you midwest...east coasters do it?

Clydegirl
07-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Is this game ever going to end?

Diane that Rockies guy kept his cool and got out of those 3 innings.

I'm giving them until midnight then I'm gone!!

Razz44
07-16-2008, 02:02 AM
I am grad student so I am used to staying up pretty late and luckily don't have to wake up too early tomorrow. Still this is a never ending game, and I don't want to be up all night. Ugh Uggla again with an error....I don't want the game to end right this second either

Slashnl
07-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Well, I made it to the 13th inning. Yawn! That's 11:00 here. What a game! Too bad it ended poorly!!
Good night for the Rockies, Holliday with a homer and Cook didn't blow it too badly. Whew.
I had to feel sorry for Uggla. What a bad night for him. I thought maybe my 12 year old son could give him some pointers. :)

Sweetcaroline
07-16-2008, 08:55 PM
I managed to see 99.9% of the game. Because I had consumed some extra liquid ;) I was in another room :mad: when Young got that hit... I thought it was a pretty boring game, but couldn't shut it off.... I was happy for JD Drew, but what the heck is he going to do with yet another new automobile ? I suppose he'll park it next to the Red Volvo Convertible they got for winning the WS... I could really use a new car... (94 Honda here).
Anyone else little ansy w/out their games ??? I am...... Boston's games start at 10pm this week...

EZMONEY
07-16-2008, 09:08 PM
I just turned on the minor league all-star game on espn to see a friend of my son's pitching the 3rd inning...Brian Mazone...he got the side out in order...I only saw the last out...glad I DVR'd it! Not sure if he will pitch the 4th.

be back later

EDIT ~that is espn2 and no Brian isn't pitching the 4th...dang!

Sweetcaroline
07-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Was he the starter Gary... ? That's really cool...

EZMONEY
07-16-2008, 11:15 PM
No SWEET-C he pitched the 3rd inning only.

Clydegirl
07-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Luckily our games start tomorrow. I've missed not seeing any baseball since Sunday.

4 against the Padres. We'll do our best Gary to beat them ;)

EZMONEY
07-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Was he the starter Gary... ? That's really cool...

SWEET-C, Brian has been AAA with the Phillies for the last 3 years. He gets close but just never quite to the bigs....maybe this year. He worked with my son for a few years at a sporting goods store when he was off-season and my son worked there during college. They became friends and keep in touch. There are other local boys that my son knows that have been in the majors for a bit but are back in the minors...but Brian is his only friend.

Luckily our games start tomorrow. I've missed not seeing any baseball since Sunday.

4 against the Padres. We'll do our best Gary to beat them ;)

:p SIL :p Will be so happy to be swept! ;)

Razz44
07-17-2008, 12:35 AM
I am going thru major baseball withdrawal lol. Thankfully the Mets are also one of the teams playing tomorrow starting a 4 game series in Cinncinnati. Hopefully they can keep that win streak going!

EZMONEY
07-17-2008, 12:40 AM
of course YOU are RAZZ...what is it? nine in a row?...good for you!

Slashnl
07-17-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm with all of you. Let's get back to our games!
Don't you head to Arizona, EZ? That should be a good series to watch!

EZMONEY
07-17-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm with all of you. Let's get back to our games!
Don't you head to Arizona, EZ? That should be a good series to watch!

WE are...without our closer SAITO now, looks like he may be out for the year/career...dang!

A local boy from mine and my kids/nephew's High School Alma Mater made the Olympic baseball team, a pitcher, Trevor Cahill :carrot: He was a first round pick of the A's in 2006...now pitches for their AA team.

PLAY BALL :)

Razz44
07-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Thats a bummer on Saito EZ, he seemed to be a real good pitcher (better than my teams closer). Is Broxton going to close now?

Back and forth game for my guys tonight. Mets were up 2-0, then Santana pitched terrible and they fell behind 5-2, then they rallied to take a 6-5 lead, but with 3 in the 7th, the Reds took a 8-6 lead. Hopefully my boys have another rally left in them!!

EZMONEY
07-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Yep RAZZ ~ Broxton will do most of the closing now...youg yet but he should do OK, Good luck in the rest of your game!

Watching the padres vs. CARDINALS right now BIG BIRD.... getting to Peavy is a good thing...he is a great pitcher.

Clydegirl
07-17-2008, 11:27 PM
9th inning now Gary.

Let's hope they can hold on to the lead :crossed:

EZMONEY
07-17-2008, 11:42 PM
that was close BB

Clydegirl
07-18-2008, 12:03 AM
that was close BB

You're telling me.

The bullpen worries me in close games.

Razz44
07-18-2008, 12:12 AM
4 runs in the 9th and my guys win it 10-8!!

10 IN A ROW!!! :carrot::carrot:

Tied for 1st place :o!!! I hope they can keep this up!!

Slashnl
07-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Razz, those Mets are really rolling now. They are the lead story on ESPN.com.
Rockies won and now we're only one game back of the Giants. Keep plugging away!!

Sweetcaroline
07-18-2008, 07:46 PM
:cheer:Red Sox Game tonight Thank goodness, I'm starting to shake :cheer3:

Sweetcaroline
07-18-2008, 07:49 PM
10 IN A ROW!!!
Wow... WTG... You know what they say about it being "A new season" after the break...
~Caroline~

EZMONEY
07-18-2008, 08:04 PM
OUR chance to "go big" against the poison starting tonight for 3 in the hot desert!

HAVE A GREAT SECOND HALF LADIES! It's been fun!