Other Reduced Carb Diets - June Daily Intake Thread

View Full Version : June Daily Intake Thread

readyfreddy
06-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Friday June 6th

2 eggs (2), espresso and half and half, splenda (2)

snack
string cheese (1), jello (.5)

lunch
salami (2), cheese (1), celery (2), ranch (1)

snack
sausage (1), peanut butter (4) jello (.5)

dinner
shrimp with butter (2) diet coke (1)

snack
tuna with mayo (0)

total 20

petra65
06-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Looks like we all get to start over like the rest of the month never happened.

This was not my best day food wise but the calories came out okay. I can't seem to get the whole thing together in one day.

B: 2 eggs, 3 strips bacon, 1 slice whole wheat bread, sugar free latte with 2% milk
L: chicken tenders and onion rings-YIKES
D: 4 oz. buffalo tenderloin, asparagus, med. sweetpotato with butter

Calories: 1688 28C/24P/48F

RubyJan
06-07-2008, 07:01 AM
Friday, June 6:
bk: prawn salad and coffee with cream;
lunch: chicken salad with mayo and 10 almonds
dinner: coleslaw: cabbage and mayo and carrot
Atkins bar (I know, I know...but its the truth)

RubyJan

RubyJan
06-07-2008, 07:02 AM
p.s. I got so envious of people using Hidden Valley Ranch dressing, that I found a place in UK who imports it and now I have got three bottles roaring towards me!!!
Yum Yum to be.
Ruby

readyfreddy
06-07-2008, 02:22 PM
saturday:

breakfast -

andouille sausage (1), espresso with cream (2)

lunch -
sausage (1), salami (1) with celery (4), string cheese (1)

snack -
diet coke (1), jello (1)

dinner
string cheese (1)

Out -
vodka soda (1), and vodka diet redbull (2)

post dinner, sausage (1), string cheese (1) and salami (1)

it was a weird day :)

petra65
06-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Ruby you are funny.

B: 1 egg, 2 whites scrambled with 2 slices canadian bacon, green onion, and 2 tbsp shredded cheddar in a low carb tortilla; sugar free latte with calorie countdown milk
L: lowfat plain yogurt, frozen strawberries, peaches, strawberry whey protein powder smoothie
S: 2 string cheese
D: 4 oz. buffalo steak, 1/2 cup asparagus, med. sweet potato with butter, glass of red wine.

Calories: 1503 31C/35P/34F That's percent not grams Ruby. Didn't want you to get confused. Also went to yoga this morning and literally had sweat dripping off me, walked the dogs. Been a busy day.

readyfreddy
06-08-2008, 02:39 PM
saturday so far

bfast - 1 egg (1), string cheese (1), coffee with cream and half a splenda packet (2)

???

readyfreddy
06-08-2008, 02:40 PM
petra - looks like you had a great day yesterday! very nutritious eating!

RubyJan
06-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Breakfast: tuna salad with mayo, Coffee with semi=skimmed milk

Lunch: red pepper, cheese slices with butter (sort of sickening)

dinner: lamb cutlets with mustard & cole slaw.

lots of water.

rowed 6,000 meters on erg.

I feel kind of sick in my stomach.

am going to aim for more fish, less meat tomorrow.

Sleep Well, You Guys.

Ruby jan

petra65
06-09-2008, 10:18 AM
I had another good day with food yesterday and thought I might be rewarded on the scale this morning but no luck there. I didn't enter my food yesterday so here is what I ate

B: chocolate protein shake, sugar free latte
L: southwestern chicken salad on low carb tortilla, 3 apricots
D: large salad with olive oil & vinegar dressing, 2 cheese quesidillas made with low carb tortillas and 1 cup fat free refried beans

Calories: 1643 46C/22P/32F I also went to yoga again yesterday. 3 yoga classes in 3 days. I'm pretty sore at this point.

readyfreddy
06-09-2008, 12:16 PM
trying to have a salt free day to get over my bloat from yesterday!

am - coffee with cream and splenda, 2 eggs = 4

snack - string cheese, jello, diet coke = 3

lunch - chicken breast, 3 servings of salami!!! yikes and another string cheese= 4

snack - andouille sausage = 1

dinner - shrimp and asparagus 6 stems = 4.5

dessert - 2 tbs heavy cream and some sf jello =1
total 18.5

petra65
06-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Salt free with string cheese and diet coke?

Once again I got the calories right and the percentages wrong.

B: 1 cup shredded wheat &bran with calorie countdown milk, 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, sugar free latte
L: southwestern chicken salad on a low carb tortilla, 2 red plums
D: porkchop with brown rice, zucchini, butter, and glass of red wine

Calories: 1511 50C/20P/30F

snapless
06-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Total carbs for yesterday: 34 (ouch)

The following is pasted from my blog:

Vitamins:
Multivitamin (Mx)
E
C
B-Complex (Bx)
Met (Metamusil)
Green Tea Complex (GTx)

Breakfast: 1 gram carbs
2 slices bacon
1 snack cheddar cheese
1 cup of coffee with splenda/half & half
16 oz. water

Exercise:
16 oz. water

Lunch: 27 grams carbs
16 oz. iced tea w/splenda
1 fried chicken thigh
1 fried chicken breast
1 side green beans

Snack: 0 grams carbs
16 oz. water
1 serving fried pork skins

Dinner: 4 grams carbs
16 oz. water
2 sausage patties
2 scrambled eggs
small salad w/no dressing
1 thin slice tomato

After dinner: 2 grams carbs
2 cups of coffee w/Splenda & Heavy Cream

Yikes on the total carbs, yikes on the popeye's green beans. The chicken wasn't too bad because I removed all the skin first...and no, I didn't eat the biscuit.

Today so far: 10 grams carbs

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 2 gram carbs
2 cups of coffee with splenda/hvy cream
16 oz. water

Exercise:
16 oz. water

Lunch: 8 grams carbs
Salad w/bacon bits and thousand island dressing
16 oz. water

readyfreddy
06-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Salt free with string cheese and diet coke?

Once again I got the calories right and the percentages wrong.

B: 1 cup shredded wheat &bran with calorie countdown milk, 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, sugar free latte
L: southwestern chicken salad on a low carb tortilla, 2 red plums
D: porkchop with brown rice, zucchini, butter, and glass of red wine

Calories: 1511 50C/20P/30F

hehe

um. yeah. ;)

ok i was trying for lower salt but i gave up and just ate what i wanted anyways! so i had sausage too eek! but to make up for it i drank a butt load of water

hehe.

dang i was hoping no one would notice that. who reads these threads ;)

petra65
06-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Snapless are you trying to do atkins induction or something else?

snapless
06-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Snapless are you trying to do atkins induction or something else?

The Idiot-proof Diet (http://www.pig2twig.co.uk/)

It is a variation of Atkins, but includes the induction period...and no, I'm in my OWL, but my carb intake currently should not be over 25.

I'm also doing way more exercise than they talk about. My motivation is my mirror....that and I want to climb Mt. Fuji before I leave Japan.

petra65
06-10-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm not at all familiar with the diet which says a lot because I read diet books like most people read novels. Is fast food permitted on the induction phase of that diet? I'm honestly curious since I don't know anything about it.

readyfreddy
06-10-2008, 12:06 PM
tuesday:

espresso with cream and splenda (ps i think i like half and half better.) am considering getting some more and then whipping a little bit of my heavy cream to have on my jello? ), 2 eggs = 4

snack - 2 string cheese diet coke (i have to go to the store) = 3

lunch - tuna with a little parm mayo and celery plus stalks on the side=3

snack jello with a little whipped cream with spenda = 1

snack 2 - 5 olives and some parm cheese 1 oz = 2

dnner - shrimp with spinach and some cream cheese= 5

petra65
06-10-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm still doing pretty well with the calories so hopefully I'll see some payoff soon.

B: 2 eggs, 3 strips bacon, 1 slice whole wheat bread, 1/4 cantaloupe, sugar free latte with calorie countdown milk
L: southwestern chicken wrap, 1 nectarine
D: pork chop, brown rice, 1 cup zucchini with butter

Calories: 1529 39C/21P/40F.

readyfreddy
06-10-2008, 11:06 PM
good job petra!

snapless
06-11-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm not at all familiar with the diet which says a lot because I read diet books like most people read novels. Is fast food permitted on the induction phase of that diet? I'm honestly curious since I don't know anything about it.

I was about to say anything is permitted as long as it falls into the 'safe foods' categories and does not put you over your max carbs...but that's not really an explanation, is it?

Yes, fried chicken is acceptable (especially if you remove the gunky skin & batter which completely removes the carbs and significantly reduces the calories and saturated fat.
Popeye's chicken breast with skin & batter (http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/104786.html)
Popeye's chicken breast with skin & batter removed (http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/104791.html)

My mistake was eating the green beans...because while green beans are allowed to me, Popeye's adds all kinds of crud to them which make them far higher in carbs, calories and fat.

The trick with 'fast food' is the same as being invited to a friend's house for dinner and sticking with your WoE, regardless of what others think. Actually the fast food is easier because with your friend, you might be embarrassed about dieting and not want to announce it, or you might feel bad that your friend cooked all this food and you can't eat it...but if your friend knew you were on a diet - shame on them. Anyway, back to the fast food.

Here's an example using Subway. I was very partial to steak and cheese sandwiches (with the gooey worthless american cheese and hot piping fresh carb-rich bread). Instead I now order a leafy salad (lettuce), ask them to put a few olives, a tiny bit of tomato, couple of cucumbers, a few banana peppers and slice up some roast beef, turkey, ham and some provolone cheese to top it with. And I'm odd because I usually prefer no dressing...but hopefully you get the picture here.

There ARE healthy things to eat at fast food establishments, the trick is just to have the willpower to turn down the bad - and I was bad day before yesterday, but I'm trying very hard to be brutally honest with myself and not lose my determination. Also, research your establishment. Ask them what kinds of oils they use, see if the facility is clean, etc. Here in Japan the food establishment standards are set higher than they are in the states so I typically don't have to worry...but I've still been asking.

As for the diet plan, there are a LOT of things that are not allowed. most importantly ANYTHING that says 'DIET' or 'LOW-FAT'. Splenda being the obvious exception (which I only use in my daily coffee and very occasional tea anyway).

And, like I said, I'm doing far more exercise (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2218714&postcount=13)than they said they did or even suggest a new dieter do. I'm also drinking a lot more water than they suggest (wierd).

EDIT: I AM NOT TELLING ANYONE TO EAT FAST FOOD. I'M SIMPLY SAYING THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO DO SO OCCASIONALLY AND STILL EAT HEALTHY - PROVIDED YOU CAN BE BRUTALLY HONEST WITH YOURSELF, ASK THE CLARIFYING QUESTIONS OF <INSERT NAME OF ESTABLISHMENT HERE> AND LIVE WITH THE REDUCED CHOICES THAT LEAVES YOU AFTERWARD.

Okay, here's my eating for yesterday (it's morning here in Japan): Total Net Carbs for day 26 grams

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 2 gram carbs
2 cups of coffee with splenda/hvy cream
16 oz. water

NOTE: I felt a little sick to my stomach this morning and didn't eat breakfast...BAD. My stomach felt like I was STARVING by lunchtime.

Exercise:
16 oz. water

Salad w/bacon bits and thousand island dressing
16 oz. water
1 cup of coffee with splenda/heavy cream

Snack: 4 grams carbs
1 snack cheddar cheese
1 serving mixed nuts
32 oz. water

Dinner: 12 grams carbs
Homemade pizza
16 oz. water

readyfreddy
06-11-2008, 12:59 AM
bfast

espresso with half and half (2), 2 large eggs (2)

snack - diet coke (1), cheese (1), celery (2)

lunch - turkey patty with havarti cheese (1), broccoli (4), jello (1)

snack - pate (1)

dinner - turkey patty with havarti (1) with broccoli (4)

petra65
06-11-2008, 09:36 AM
snapless-I agree. It is possible to find healthy food in a fast food restaurant. I know, personally, if I go into a McDonald's I'm probably not going to be ordering a salad. For me it's just easier not to go into the restaurant. Popeye's fried chicken is actually my favorite fast food. Removing the skin and batter would defeat the purpose. ;)

For many of these plans that have "induction" periods, part of the role is to help you readjust your eating patterns. They may not explicitly prohibit certain foods but they are usually trying to help you learn to eat in more healthful ways.

snapless
06-11-2008, 08:01 PM
snapless-I agree. It is possible to find healthy food in a fast food restaurant. I know, personally, if I go into a McDonald's I'm probably not going to be ordering a salad. For me it's just easier not to go into the restaurant. Popeye's fried chicken is actually my favorite fast food. Removing the skin and batter would defeat the purpose. ;)

For many of these plans that have "induction" periods, part of the role is to help you readjust your eating patterns. They may not explicitly prohibit certain foods but they are usually trying to help you learn to eat in more healthful ways.

I have to agree with the first part. If you are unable to eat the salad or strip the batter from the chicken, it's best to just not step foot in the fast food place (or other restaurant).

As for the induction period, I'm past mine and was VERY strict while I was on it. 21 lbs down from 200, still have 44 to go.

My food for yesterday, Total Net Carbs 23 grams (YAY!):

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 7 gram carbs
2 cups of coffee with splenda/half & half
ham & cheddar omelette
16 oz. water

Exercise:
16 oz. water

Lunch: 7 grams carbs
24 oz. water
Homemade stew

Snack: 2 grams carbs
16 oz. water
roasted pumpkin seeds

Dinner: 7 grams carbs
32 oz. water
Homemade stew

petra65
06-11-2008, 09:29 PM
This morning I learned why it is important to eat protein with breakfast. I was so hungry by lunch I could have eaten my desk.

B: 1.5 cups shredded wheat n bran with 1/2 cup calorie countdown milk, sugar free latte with calorie countdown milk
L: southwestern chicken salad wrap, nectarine
S: Zone perfect bar
D: mixed berry, peach, lowfat yogurt, and strawberry whey protein smoothie.

Calories: 1401 56C/24P/20F. Not even close to Zone perfect. Those calories are actually a little low. It's below my BMR so I may have to eat some toast with peanut butter or something before bed. I am getting better at controlling the calories but I think I may have to give up on the Zone proportions.

readyfreddy
06-12-2008, 01:04 AM
thursday

bfast - coffee with splenda and half and half (2), sausage (1)

snack - diet coke (1), cheese (1), 2 stalks celery (2)

lunch - scallops (2) and broccoli (3), jello (1)

snack - pate (1) and Parmesan (1)

dinner - 2 turkey patties, slice havarti (1) spinach (3) with cream cheese (1)

total - 20

snapless
06-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Hmm...

I may be overstepping here (and I'm sorry if I am!), but after keeping up with this thread for the last few days I have to ask...

1. Petra65 is that a low carb diet you are on and if so, what is it called?
2. Readyfreddy, how much water are you drinking? I know I had to remove all sodas from my home because I'd wind up drinking them instead of water.

I've been trying to keep track of not only the food and net carbs but the water also. I should probably add in the fat and calories but the main reason I chose low carb was so I didn't have to count calories. :headache:

petra65
06-12-2008, 09:45 AM
snap-no it's not. It's sort of a long story. I had a lot of success with protien power in the past and had been doing that again for about 3 months this time and wasn't really losing any weight. I decided to try something a little different. This is really my own low GI hybrid of sugar busters and the zone. those numbers reflecting C,P,F are percentages, not grams. I stayed here because I don't really fit anywhere right now and I already had friends on this forum. They are trying to expand the former sugar busters forum to include more diets like mine and if that is successful and I stick with what I'm doing, I may move over there. this is sort of an experiment to see if I can make the scale move by trying something a little different. Hope that is an adequate explanation.

readyfreddy
06-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Hmm...

I may be overstepping here (and I'm sorry if I am!), but after keeping up with this thread for the last few days I have to ask...

1. Petra65 is that a low carb diet you are on and if so, what is it called?
2. Readyfreddy, how much water are you drinking? I know I had to remove all sodas from my home because I'd wind up drinking them instead of water.

I've been trying to keep track of not only the food and net carbs but the water also. I should probably add in the fat and calories but the main reason I chose low carb was so I didn't have to count calories. :headache:

not at all. part of the reason i post my meal plans is to get feedback.

i am a huge water drinker. i have the one soda a day and then only water.

so far today i have had 2 pint glasses of water, one waterbottle of water and i am just starting in on a 3rd pint with lunch. then i typically drink about 5-4 more throughout the afternoon and evening.

petra65
06-12-2008, 08:10 PM
B: 1 egg, 2 whites scrambled with 1 green onion, 2 slices canadian bacon, and shredded cheese in a low carb tortilla, 1/4 cantaloupe, sugar free latte with calorie countdown milk
L: grilled cheese sandwhich on whole wheat bread, nectarine
D: pork chop, brown rice, zucchini, butter

Calories: 1812 34C/20P/46F. I'm trying to stay below 1700 so I'm a little disappointed with those calories. The grilled cheese was a poor choice.

snapless
06-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Thank you both for your answers, and good luck with your plan petra65! I hope it works out for you. And yes, feedback is why I'm posting here as well.

Okay, I'm up to a 30 net grams carbs allowed now.

Total net grams carbs for yesterday: Exactly 30, woohoo!

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 9 gram carbs
1 cup of coffee with splenda/half & half
chef salad w/1 tblsp buttermilk ranch dressing
16 oz. water

Exercise:
16 oz. water

24 oz. water
homemade stew

Snack: 5 grams carb
pepper snack cheese (japanese brand)
1 serving mixed nuts
16 oz. water

Dinner: 9 grams carbs
small salad w/1 tsp italian dressing
10 oz. tenderloin sirloin
very small side of wild rice (and this is where almost all the flipping carbs came from anyway!)
unsweetened tea
16 oz. water

snapless
06-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Okay spending 4 hours driving today in bad weather...2 hours to the aquarium and 2 hours back (for our 5 yr old daughter) meant I sucked down fast food (again!) for lunch and dinner.

My total net carbs for today: 22

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 8 grams carbs
2 cups of coffee with splenda/half & half
6 cherries
3 slices bacon
2 pieces cheddar snack cheese
16 oz. water

Lunch: 6 grams carbs
16 oz. iced tea w/splenda
2 fried chicken thighs, skin and batter removed
1 fried chicken wing, skin and batter removed

Dinner: 8 grams carbs
16 oz. water
taco bell taco salad without shell or beans

16 oz. water

petra65
06-13-2008, 10:44 PM
snapless-you did great under the circumstances.

B: 2 slices whole wheat french toast made with one egg, sugar free syrup, sugar free latte
L: chef salad with blue cheese dressing
D: 3 small cheese quesadillas made with low carb tortillas with refried beans and reduced fat sour cream
S: 1 slice watermelon

Calories: 1505 35C/24P/41F

snapless
06-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Today's intake total 32 net grams carbs:

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 13 grams carbs
1 cup of coffee w/splenda and heavy cream
16 oz. water
1/2 sandwich w/no sugar added peanut butter and splenda-sweetened raspberry jam

Exercise:
32 oz. water

16 oz. water
2 slices pepper jack cheese (good deli kind, not processed kraft cheese food)
2 slices sara lee roast turkey breast (from deli)
6 cherries

taco bell beef taco without shell
16 oz. water

Dinner: 2 grams carbs
16 oz. water
homemade stir-fry beef and vegetables (no rice or noodles)

After-dinner: 5 grams carbs
2 glasses of red wine

readyfreddy
06-14-2008, 02:00 PM
saturday

2 eggs and cheese (3), coffee with cream and half a splenda (2)

snack - celery (2)

lunch - 2 turkey patty

snack - glass of rose (3)

dinner - were going out to sushi for my roomies bday so i am going to have sliced raw tuna and some white wine. (5)

thats 15 but i will prob have a total of like 4 glasses of wine over the night so i left a little wiggle room.

snapless
06-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Yesterday's meals: 32 total net grams carbs

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 9 grams carbs
2 cups of coffee w/splenda and heavy cream
16 oz. water
6 cherries
1 pkg japanese snack pepper cheese

Lunch: 1 gram carbs
2 slices pepper jack cheese
5 slices deli roast beef
32 oz. water

Dinner: 22 grams carbs
Steak-umms (3 slices) sandwich with mayo on cracked wheat bread
16 oz. water

petra65
06-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Man, I overate yesterday. All "legal" food but way too much. Must have been from being so hungry from Saturday. Hopefully, I'll get back on track today. Having a smoothie for breakfast so I'm off to a good start and I'm packing my lunch for work.

snapless
06-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Today: Total Net Carbs: 18 grams

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 13 grams carbs
16 oz. water
1/2 sandwich w/no sugar added peanut butter and splenda-sweetened raspberry jam

Exercise:
32 oz. water

Lunch: 0 grams
Japanese wasabi snack white cheddar cheese
3 slices roast beef
16 oz. water

12 oz. Diet Coke (the kind with splenda...yes, still bad for me but not -as- bad)
1 serving mixed nuts

Dinner: 3 grams carbs
16 oz. water
1 pkg tyson hot wings
1 serving ranch dip

EDIT: I just deleted the cherries from my dinner because I never actually ate them.

snapless
06-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Yesterday's total carbs: 13 grams

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 4 grams carbs
16 oz. water
6 small strawberries
3 pieces of bacon

Exercise:
16 oz. water

Lunch: 3 grams carbs
16 oz. water
3 slices pepper jack cheese
4 slices roast beef

16 oz. water

Dinner: 6 grams carbs
16 oz. water
8 oz. splenda diet coke
roast beef & provolone wrap with lettuce, dijon mayo and multigrain wrap

Today's total carbs: 14 grams

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 3 grams carbs
16 oz. water
2 cups coffee w/splenda & heavy cream
6 small strawberries
1 piece snack cheddar cheese
3 slices bacon

Exercise:
16 oz. water

Lunch: 0 grams carbs
16 oz. water
3 slices roast beef
2 slices provolone

Dinner: 3 grams carbs
16 oz. water
10 oz. steak
1/2 cup steamed broccoli with butter

Snack: 8 grams carbs
12 oz. splenda diet coke
1 serving jack links (kind of like beef jerky)
1 serving wasabi almonds

snapless
06-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Today's total carbs: 8

Vitamins:
Mx

Breakfast: 0 grams carbs
3 cups coffee w/splenda & heavy cream

Exercise:
None

Lunch: 0 grams carbs
16 oz. water
3 slices ham
3 slices provolone

16 oz. water
1 serving mixed nuts

Dinner: 6 grams carbs
16 oz. water
12 oz. splenda diet coke
roast beef & provolone wrap with lettuce, dijon mayo and multigrain wrap

The following is today's journal entry:

How I feel:
I had a bad day. I forgot to take most of my vitamins. I didn't exercise because my back was hurting too bad from the injury I gave myself yesterday. I forgot to eat breakfast and by the time I felt hungry, it was an hour until lunch...so I just waited. I didn't drink enough water. Overall I feel like doodoo even though I stayed well below my carb limit (30) today. MUST DRINK MORE WATER!

snapless
06-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Yesterday's total carbs: 21 grams

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 7 grams carbs
16 oz. water
1/2 sandwich w/low carb bread, no sugar added peanut butter & splenda raspberry jam

Exercise:
16 oz. water

Lunch: 9 grams carbs
16 oz. water
salisbury steak in mushroom sauce
steamed asparagus

Snack: 3 grams carbs
12 oz. splenda diet coke
raw broccoli

Dinner: 2 grams carbs
16 oz. water
homemade beef stir-fry

Today's total carbs: 28 grams

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 3 grams carbs
16 oz. water
2 scrambled eggs

Lunch: 5 grams carbs
16 oz. water
3 slices roasted turkey breast
2 slices pepper jack
1 large strawberry
1/2 cup raw broccoli florets

16 oz. water
1 serving mixed nuts

Dinner: 17 grams carbs
16 oz. water
6 cherries
2 crab cakes
1 serving steamed spinach
1 fried chicken leg no skin/batter

snapless
06-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Yesterday's intake: 25 net grams carbs

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 1 grams carbs
16 oz. water
4 slices bacon
1 slice pepper jack cheese
2 slices roasted turkey breast

Exercise:
16 oz. water

16 oz. water
roast beef, swiss and lettuce wrap

Snack: 4 grams
12 oz. splenda Diet Coke
1 serving mixed nuts

Dinner: 14 grams
8 oz. club soda w/splenda & splash of lemon juice
roasted turkey breast with gravy
1 serving steamed green beans
1 slice whole wheat toast w/butter

petra65
06-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Snapless-good for you for keeping up your posting even when no one else has been here. I will endeavor to do better.

snapless
06-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Snapless-good for you for keeping up your posting even when no one else has been here. I will endeavor to do better.

I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm just a very blunt person...but I'm doing this for me. If someone else gets something positive out of my experience, I'll be ecstatic for them, but my only goal is me.

I made a decision to take back over my body - and the best way for me to make that decision happen is to keep throwing my daily efforts (or lack of) in that direction in my own face (which is why my journal says, "being blunt and honest with myself"). What better way to do that than advertise it to other people?

Yesterday's total carbs: 16 grams

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 2 grams
16 oz. water
2 sausage patties
2 scrambled eggs cooked in sausage grease

Exercise:
16 oz. water

Lunch: 5 grams carbs
16 oz. water
1/2 serving roasted turkey breast with gravy
1 serving steamed green beans
1 serving steamed spinach

Snack:
None today

Dinner: 6 grams
16 oz. water

After Dinner: 3 grams
3 glasses pinot noir
16 oz. water

How I feel:
I’m in a really rotten mood.
This morning I wanted cereal and milk and instead dutifully ate my eggs and sausage while watching my child eat some cocoa puffs.
This afternoon I wanted a cream cheese & cinnamon raisin bagel afterwards…and instead I did my exercises watching my child enjoy some honey mustard pretzels with her otherwise healthy lunch.
This evening I wanted to bake some fresh, hot and gooey chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies and eat a few with some cold milk, and I watched my husband snacking on cheetohs while I ate my roast beef wrap and drank my water.

I snapped at my husband. I really didn’t mean to…it isn’t -his- fault that I got as large and out of shape as I did…so I apologized, but explained why I was feeling so wretched. I did withstand the temptations though. I can just taste those cookies dangit.

I think I’ll have a glass of red wine or two…maybe that will pull me out of my funk. I swear some days are easier than others.

Next day note: the wine definitely helped my mood. And today? I don't feel any cravings at all. :)

petra65
06-23-2008, 09:37 PM
You are right-the most important thing is to do this for yourself. I know from past experience it gets boring talking to yourself.

There are low carb peanut butter cookie recipes if that is something that interests you. Depends on your ability to get some unusual ingredients and how you feel about sugar alcohols, etc. I could post some if you are interested.

This was certainly not a perfect food day for me but I am going to post what I ate anyway. I did my best with estimating calories-it's probably not perfect but not far off. I think I have also decided that next month I'm going to move to the sugar shakers forum because I'm just too confusing to newcomers here.

B: smoothie made with 1 cup lowfat plain yogurt, 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1 cup mixed frozen berries, 1/2 cup frozen peaches, 1 scoop strawberry whey protein powder and some davinci syrup, sugar free latte with 1% milk

L: 6" italian sub (similar to subway bmt) on whole wheat roll, 1 package potato chips

D: 3 oz. pork roast with bbq sauce, small sweet potato with 1/2 tbsp butter, 1 small tomato with fresh mozzarella (capriese salad).

Calories: 1878

I got some low calorie bbq sauce and couldn't get the bottle open! I had to use some other sauce I had in the house which isn't bad but not as low cal as the one I bought.

The recipe I used for the pork roast is actually a Paula Deen recipe. It worked surprisingly well and had no sugar in it.

snapless
06-24-2008, 03:24 AM
low carb peanut butter cookies? I'd kiss you if I could. :)

And I'm a pretty good cook, I can figure out alternatives if there is something in there I don't want in my body.

Can't sew at all....but at least I learned the cooking part. ;)

snapless
06-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Today's total carb intake: 27 grams

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 1 grams
16 oz. water
1 hard boiled egg

Exercise:
32 oz. water

16 oz. water
Taco Bell fiesta taco salad, no beans, no shell

16 oz. water
1 serving mixed nuts

Dinner: 14 grams
16 oz. water
2 homemade stuffed bell peppers

petra65
06-24-2008, 06:34 PM
These are Dana Carpender recipes. Here you go.

Recipe #1
1/2 cup butter, at room temp
1/2 cup Splenda
2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp Stevai/FOS blend
1 tablespoon blackstrap molases
1 egg
1 cup natural peanutbutter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup soy powder (soy milk powder)
2 tbsp oat bran

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar substitutes and molasses, and beat again until well combined
3. Beat in the egg, peanut butter, salt, baking soda, and vanilla. Beat in the soy powder and oat bran.
4. Butteror spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray. Roll the dough into small balls and place them on the sheets. Use the back of a fork to press the balls of dough flat leaving the traditional crisscross marks.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Makes 4.5 dozen cookies each with 2.3 grams of carbs and 1 gram fiber and 2 g of protein.

Recipe #2

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 cup Brown Sugar Twin
1 cup wheat gluten
1/2 cup whey protein (unflavored)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg

1. Melt butter and mix with the coconut oil. Add peanut butter, stir to combine. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate the dough overnight.
2. Form into walnut-sized balls. Place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Flaten the balls with the back of a fork leaving the traditional criss cross pattern.
3. Bake at 350 oven until edges start to brown (10-15 minutes). Allow to cool.

Makes about 40 cookies each with 77 calories, 5 g fat, 1 g carb, trace fiber, 8 g protein.

Let me know how they turn out.

petra65
06-24-2008, 07:50 PM
I did a little better today but I am really tired tonight. I'm not sure if it is because I didn't eat enough or because I need more sleep. I tried something new for breakfast. It turned out okay.

B: 1 cup steel cut oatmeal with 1 scoop vanilla whey powder mixed in, 2 tbsp walnuts, and cinnamon, sugar free latte with 1% milk
L: 4.5 oz pork roast with 1.5 tbsp bbq sauce, 1/2 cup green beans, 1/2 cup pinto beans
S: 1 slice watermelon
D: tuna sandwich made with a whole can of water packed tuna, 2 tbsp light mayo, 1 slice onion, and 2 slices double fiber wheat bread.

Calories: 1402

snapless
06-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Thank you for the recipes Petra. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

petra65
06-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Good food day again today.

B: 1 egg, 2 whites scrambled with canadian bacon, green onion and 2 tbsp shredded cheddar in a low carb tortilla, sugar free latte with 1% milk
L: fried chicken leg from hospital cafeteria, 1/2 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup carrots
S: 1 tbsp peanut butter
D: 1 cup barilla plus pasta with meat sauce, 1 cup no sugar added chocolate ice cream.

Calories: 1489
I went to pilates tonight too. I hope I can walk tomorrow, LOL.

snapless
06-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Yesterday's total: 26 grams

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 7 grams
12 oz. water
1/2 peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread w/no sugar added raspberry jam

Exercise:
32 oz. water

12 oz. water

Snack: 3 grams
12 oz. water
1 small cup frozen japanese fresh lime ‘ice’
1 serving pork skins

Dinner: 10 grams
2 pork chops (skillet fried, no batter, no oil)
1 serving steamed broccoli
12 oz. water
2 glasses red wine

snapless
06-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Yesterday's total: 31 grams

and...I cheated. :(

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 12 grams
12 oz. water
1 hard boiled egg
1 japanese mr. donut almond donut (yes, I was bad…but better this than a binge…one donut….11 grams carbs (they are japanese which means low in sugar and small in size)

Exercise:
32 oz. water
10 minutes elliptical lowest setting 5.0 average speed
30 minutes treadmill no hill 4.0 speed
20 minutes treadmill random hill (1.5 - 7.8 elevation) 3.5 speed
10 minutes stair-stepper lowest setting

Lunch: 9 grams carbs
12 oz. water
South Beach frozen entra: savory pork with pecans & green beans

12 oz. water
1 serving mixed nuts

Dinner: 4 grams
salad w/bacon & thousand island dressing
boiled shrimp w/homemade cocktail sauce
2 glasses red wine

How I feel:
A mix of emotions really…
Really mad at myself for justifying the donut to myself as a rare treat because I don’t go to the mall often and because it was japanese. It didn’t even taste that good. Yeah I only went 1 over my allotted 30 carbs but still…I wouldn’t have known that if I hadn’t had the nutritional info translated for me - afterwards.
Excited because I found a home food analyzer:
http://www.scale-it.com/17-990.htm
Now I just need to get reviews on it.
Frustrated with the people on 3FC who keep attacking low carb without even reading about what it really is, based on media reports (and we all know how full of %$#* the media is about stuff) or their own misinformed ideas.
Happy I got in a good exercise.
Tomorrow will be a better day.

snapless
06-28-2008, 05:52 AM
June 27th intake: 22 grams

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 4 grams
24 oz. water
1 hard boiled egg
2 sausage patties
6 sour red-yellow cherries

Exercise:
16 oz. water
1 mile on track, fast walking pace (about 3.5 I think)
60 crunches
40 squats (no weights)
40 lunges each leg (no weights)

12 oz. water

12 oz. water
1 serving mixed nuts

Dinner: 8 grams
24 oz. water
homemade pork stir-fry
6 red (sweet) cherries

How I feel:
Excellent! I just realized that with my weight at 175, my BMI is now 29.1, which means I’m no longer considered obese! I’ve moved down into the overweight category. Woohoo!

snapless
06-28-2008, 12:42 PM
June 28th total: 19 grams

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 5 grams
24 oz. water
2 scrambled eggs
2 sausage patties
3 large strawberries

Exercise:
32 oz. water
30 minutes treadmill random hill (1.5-7.8 elev.) 3.5 speed
10 minutes bike level 5 - 2 miles!
10 minutes elliptical lowest setting 4.0 speed

12 oz. water
homemade beef stew

Snack: None today

Dinner: 7 grams carbs
24 oz. water
homemade beef stew

How I feel: Awesome. Had an incredible workout today and even got the bike in without my feet falling asleep! Going to add more to the bike Monday. Still can't stand the elliptical...still puts my feet to sleep and it's even causing blisters on the balls of my feet. Also uploaded my before and current pics and wow...the difference 25 lbs makes! I still look fat but not AS fat. And those pictures, aside from being cropped, are untouched and unedited.

Think I'm going to quit keeping track of my water because it's pretty obvious I'm drinking more than enough and have been. Just have to continue to stay away from sodas which I will do. NO MORE DEMONSPAWNED MOUNTAIN DEWS EVER!!!!

snapless
06-30-2008, 08:11 AM
June 29th intake: 22 grams carbs

Reminder: I am no longer keeping track of water as that part is a habit now.

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 8 grams
Subway salad w/tuna, pepper jack, cucumbers, black olives and banana pepper rings

Exercise:
Nothing (day off)

Lunch: 7 grams
homemade beef stew

Snack:
None

Dinner: 7 grams
homemade beef stew

How I feel: Pretty good. Stayed up a little late watching Beowulf but it was a good day.

snapless
06-30-2008, 09:43 PM
June 30th net carbs: 19 grams

Vitamins:
Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 3 grams
3 large strawberries

Exercise:
15 minutes bike level 5 - 5 miles!
30 minutes treadmill random hill (1.5-7.8 elev.) 3.5 speed

chef salad with buttermilk ranch dressing

1 serving peanuts

Dinner: 4 grams carbs
2 slices pepper jack cheese
salad w/bacon and blue cheese dressing
boiled shrimp w/ homemade cocktail sauce

How I feel: Really achy, almost pre-flu. Tired, headache. I think I’m about to have Aunt Flo come visit so that’s probably why. Will see how I feel tomorrow.