Support Groups - Floozies...a fresh start! #34

View Full Version : Floozies...a fresh start! #34

SuzyMc
06-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh no! There was a major server crash and our recent posts (2 whole weeks worth) have been lost forever! Never fear, Floozies. This is just what we have been needing...a fresh start! Find your positive attitude, dust off your journal, stock up on lettuce and fat free dressings, grab your water bottle and prepare to exercise...we are going to get serious and get those pounds off!

In the last couple of posts that were lost we were discussing stress eating and beginning a list of things that could be done when we are stressed instead of reaching into the cookie jar. Let's continue from there...

1. Go for a 10 minute walk
2. Call a friend
3. Clean the bathroom
4. Knit
5. Post at 3FC

Next poster add five more things to the list.

gdeann
06-06-2008, 07:35 PM
1. Read a magazine or book
2. Check in with friends on the net
3. Vaccuum
4. Send a fake pic of daughters wedding to net friends :-)
5. Write a list of 10 things to be thankful for

SuzyMc
06-07-2008, 08:39 AM
The new motivation must be working! I am down a whole pound already! :carrot:

6. Brush your teeth
7. Dance to a song on the radio
8. Paint your toenails
9. Drink a big glass of water with lots of crunchy ice
10. Do a crossword or sudoku

Deelite
06-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the new motivation Suzy. I am back journaling. Feels better to be back in control.

Last night we went over to Jay and Ash to have a christening of their new hot tub. they bought a beautiful 7 man tub. It was with ash's mom and dad too. We are all good friends. It was lots of fun.

We are heading off on another T@Bventure. We will be going to a new beach, no not nude Gayle, new beach. It is where we had a cottage when I grew up. It isn't hat far from here. It is fun trying out all these different campgrounds. We have lots around us.

I better get going Larry is waiting and thinks that I am just shutting down the PC.

Love you all.

gdeann
06-07-2008, 04:10 PM
GREAT JOB SUZY! I am getting serious Monday after all the festivities this weekend.

Dee, have fun at the nude beach!!! LOL!

1. Invision yourself thinner
2. Read dieting advice on the net
3. Revise a favorite recipe so it is healthy/lower calorie
4. Try some new flavors of tea *hot or iced
5. Go play in the sprinkler like you did as a kid

SuzyMc
06-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Gayle, the girls and I ran through the sprinkler here on Friday...it is unbelievably hot here! It was 97 here today!

Dee, nude beach huh? I hope you're having a great weekend!

Five more things to do instead of stress eating...
1. Reorganize a closet or junk drawer
2. Write in your journal
3. Play the piano
4. Wash the car
5. Pull weeds from the flowerbeds

ShelleyM
06-08-2008, 08:01 PM
1. Surf the Net
2. Move around furniture in your living room
3. Ride a bike
4. Take the dog for a walk
5. Clean your closet of fat clothes

I'm still doing great with journaling. I try to stay off the scale, since it doesn't seem to move.

SuzyMc
06-09-2008, 09:12 AM
It looks like we're going to be moved again. Make sure that you read this thread, http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143362 , so that you will know where to find us after the move takes place!

Everyone has come up with some great ideas of things to do instead of eating (when you aren't really hungry). I think I'm going to put them all together in one big list and post it on my refrigerator door!

I'm going shopping for baby things with DIL#2 today. She has been home for her sister's graduation. Travis couldn't come because he had to work this weekend, but it's been nice having DIL#2 here!

Deelite
06-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Suzy I am glad that you get to spend some special time with your daughter in law. It is always fun shopping for baby things. It is so exciting. How are your DIL 's feeling?
Thanks for giving us a kick start. I feel like I am in control again. I ate a few more sweets things camping this weekend than I would have if I was at home but I did pretty good.

We were predicted to have rain all weekend. On friday we got 2 inches. Saturday and Sunday it was sunny and warm. The temps were forcasted to be lower so for clothes all we broght were jeans and turtlenecks and sweat shirts. It could have easily have been a nude weekend. It was in the 80's.
We had a wonderful time. We hadn't been to this beach since the kids were little. We had a seasonal site there, and mom and dad built our family cottage there. We went by our cottage that had been sold years ago and the lady that bought it from us was outside. She let us in and we toured around and took pictures. On the way home we stopped off at mom and dad's and they really enjoyed them.

It is rainning again here this morning. Lots of it too. We are lucky we didn't get this til today. Everything is green and wet now. I don't think I will have to water for a week.

Time to do laundry and journal. ;-)

coles
06-10-2008, 06:57 AM
1. Go to prevention and use the tool to enter a current picture, then adjust to your goal weight - picture will be adjusted to how you will look.
2. Make a low calorie treat.
3. Get outside, away from the fridge and cupboards.
4. Get a new hairdo.
5. Go shopping.
Number five is my personal favorite. I am keeping track of everything that goes in my mouth. Drink your water ladies - be strong, drink up, be happy.

SuzyMc
06-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Going shopping is my personal favorite too, Janice! We had a great time shopping yesterday. It is nice having them close enough to come home more often, but I do wish they were even closer! I guess I'm never satisfied... :^:

Sounds like you had a nice weekend Dee! I'm glad that you are enjoying your new camper.

gdeann
06-10-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm back on plan today after the fun filled weekend of cake, cake, ice cream and more cake! I feel like a fat, frumpy lump of lard, back to journaling and making healthy choices. I found this on another site and it seemed fitting to use here right now.

Not everyone can stay motivated 100% of the time. At some point, everyone needs to recommit themselves to their goals. If now is your time, please don't put this off.

How are you doing? Are you accomplishing your fitness goals? How about your food goals? Are you meeting your faith goals? Why or why not? Learn from your successes and failures.

Remind yourself why you joined this group. Convince yourself that you deserve success. You are worth it. You have one life to live. This is it! The time is now!

Be proud of yourself and give thanks for whatever you've accomplished.

1. Suck on a hard candy or chew a piece of gum
2. Go through old photographs
3. Watch a weightloss program on TV
4. Buy yourself a new piece of jewelry
5. Go lift a #5 or #10 pound bag of potatoes, enough said :-)

Deelite
06-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey Gayle I am glad that you are back at it. All that hard work to lose the weight you did would be a shame to gain all of it back.
You are right about not being committed and amotivated 100 % of the time. I am happy to see that you got it back though.
Do it for yourself.
How are you doing with Liz gone? How is our little Alli doing?

Time to make Larry lunch.

It finally stopped rainning. I want to out after lunch and finish planting. I have all the flower pots to do. I have some of the flowers but will need to pick up more.
Slowly but surely and hopefully before it frosts.....

4myloves
06-10-2008, 04:10 PM
All I want to do is play with Jake!

I discovered (the hard way) that I can no longer eat ice cream. Jake was puke-y for three days straight until I figured out what was up. Poor little lactose intolerant baby. I totally blame Stewart for that, since I personally LOVE milk and all milk-made products.

I'm starting a new way of eating after I go to the doctor on Thursday. I bought Stephen Pratt's Superfoods Rx and I'm going to try to incorporate more whole foods into my life.

I'm getting excited about going to the doctor--not because I think I'll be pleased with the numbers I'll hear, but because it'll give me a baseline and a goal. I'll report all of my bloodwork findings here and then, hopefully, I'll be able to report an improvement in 12 weeks!

I'm going to use part of my economic stimulus money (IF we ever get it!) to start going to a personal trainer. I want to try to get some of my strength back--my legs are still weak from being pregnant and having Jake!

gdeann
06-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Liz calls about every other day, so reality hasn't really set in yet. I Thank God she is a responsible young adult with morals and values. It helps so much when they leave the nest to know HOPEFULLY you raised them the best you could. Ali is doing well. She ended up on the A honor roll all school year and is set for 4th grade. She is in the summer reading program, so it is nothing to find a book in every room of the house. I don't know how she keeps her stories straight reading so many books at a time. We also have ducks this year and it is her job to help take care of them. We had a death of one earlier in the week so Ali decorated his grave with a note and flowers.
I'm really trying and praying to get my eating under control. We have had so many emotional things happen and I am a emotional eater. My family is driving me nuts too. I swear the good lord gave me siblings to test my patience. Have fun planting your flowers! We have marigolds and sunflowers almost ready to transplant.

1. Plant a flower
2. Learn a hobby such as decorative painting
3. Put a puzzle together
4. Update your Christmas card list
5. Clean a window or two

gdeann
06-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Cheryl, we posted at the same time!

gdeann
06-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Hmmmm....uncle Steve will not be happy to hear baby Stew can't handle the ice cream. Poor little guy! I'm glad you found the problem though! Our check went toward paying off two credit cards! I wanted to put it into savings, but knew logically it would be better to get rid of some of the high interest we're paying. I REALLY just wanted to blow it!!!

Deelite
06-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Gayle Ali dod not just end up on the honour roll! She earned it. It is ok to brag she is doing awesome. Our little book worm.

Cheryl oh no, no more ice cream. Guess you will have to eat popcycles instead.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about with getting money back. I haven't been sent any. ;-)
Is it an annual check or is it a one time thing?

Shelley where are you?

How about you Allison.....you haven't been around for a long time.

Janice it is roll call time? Did that lake or pool swallow you up?

gdeann
06-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks Dee, she really is a good kid. She takes after her father with the book smarts. Her mother had more interest in school socializing instead of studying, imagine that...
We all ended up with a check from our goverment! It was to increase economic spending but most people I know are using it for bills etc.

4myloves
06-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Gayle--I KNOW! I want ice cream something awful! BUT as long as I'm breastfeeding I can live without it! Anything for Baby Stew, er um, Jake. Actually, it's good for my "diet" that I can't eat it :)

Dee, the checks we're talking about are something dreamed up by our wonderful man in charge to stimulate the American economy. If I lived close enough I'd come to Canada and use my economic stimulus check to buy some cheap prescription drugs. :lol:

Gayle (again), we're getting $1,200. We're putting half in savings for a house/land someday and then we're splitting the other $600. I SHOULD use my $300 to pay credit card bills, but I want to spend some it!

gdeann
06-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Cheryl, Allison takes a script which averages $150-$170 every 15 days! OUCH! just checked with Steve, no non-dairy products available from Blue Bunny. Have you ever tried freezing a banana? Peel and halve, wrap in foil and freeze. The texture changes to a frozen ice cream like state. Not really ice cream, but better then nothing. Also, frozen blueberries with milk poured over the top. Sweeten with spenda or sugar. Let sit awhile, it will slush up and you will swear your eating a frozen fruit ice milk. Dieters CAN get creative!! LOL!
We ended up with 1500 and used it ALL for bills. I would of LOVED to have taken a shopping trip!!! LOL!

Deelite
06-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Hey guys it could be a cheap trip, I would put have you stay here in the beach hut! it would be like you are at the tropics in my little paradise.

Gee I wish the goverment would give me money.

hey about that frozen banana in Vallarta we buy a frozen banana dipped in hot chocolate and toasted coconut or nuts. Yummy.
There isn't that many calories to it but you sure feel like a Princess when you eat it.

Wow Gayle that is an expensive perscription. Do you have to pay the whole thing? At the end of the year do you get money back for that on taxes?

Time to get back out doors. Just check in on you gals.

ShelleyM
06-11-2008, 06:32 AM
Gayle-I can't believe Alison is going to 4th grade already! It seems she just started kindergarten. Gosh, the time goes by quickly. Good for you on journaling again. I have found it is for sure the only way to stay OP for me. I keep a journal on another site. You can see it on my page there.

Cheryl-I eat frozen bananas all the time. I just peel them and put in the freezer. No need for sweetner or anything. I try to eat at least 1 per day. I am lactose intolerant, so I know how Jake feels. I remember way back when eating a full gallon of ice cream and paying for it during the late night. It was always a good way to clean myself out :)

Dee-We used our check to pay bills.

I went to a CPR class yesterday and there will be a first aid class today. I am still the clinic backup, so I need to take these courses. Ugh!

Hi Janice!

Deelite
06-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Hey Shelley itis good to hear from you.
Where are you posting your journal?

It seems like the gov't isn't going to increase spending but maybe lower debt.

It looks like rain again today. It is a good thing I got my yard work done. Just a few more veggie plants. The plant stand close to home was sold out.

Shelley is it rainning there much?

Well got to get to body sculpt class. This body needs it.

SuzyMc
06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Our incentive check went for a new top for our jeep. It would have been fun to just blow it, but the poor old top was just hanging on by a thread and a prayer...

The weather here today is wonderful. Some strong storms moved through last night and took away the awful humidity and it's about 10 degrees cooler too. It could stay this way for the rest of the summer and I would be perfectly happy!

coles
06-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Sure is busy around here lately, took me a while to get caught up on the posts. I have been busy working, doing yard work, etc. etc. So much to do this time of year.
I am very worried about Doug, he has lost about 20 pounds in the last couple of months, eats next to nothing, has severe muscle pain in his neck and hip, vomitting, and living on pain pills. Not getting any answers at the doctors, just stronger pain pills. I don't know where to turn to next to try to figure out what is going on. He drinks and smokes and I don't think that is helping much.

Deelite
06-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Janice see if you can get him into a ct scan. Maybe they can see what is causing the pain. It doesn't sound very good, I wouldn't leave it any longer.

gdeann
06-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Janice, I didn't realize Doug was ill. Could the pain pills be making him vomit since he has next to nothing on his stomach? This isn't normal to lose so much weight so quickly. Maybe you two should consider coming to the States to seek medical advice if the doctors there can only prescribe stronger meds. I will be saying prayers for his comfort and that the two of you find peace soon in knowing what is causing the problem.

Suzy, it is hot here plus every night we are having funnel clouds flying around the area. Last night a tornado hit a small town a few hours away, wiped out 80% of the town.

Dee, we pay for the script until we meet each individual deductable. After that point we still pay a portion of the script. no, we never get any money back at the end of the year for medical.

ShelleyM
06-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Janice-I agree with Gayle. Get him to the states and to a dr here that can diagnose the problem. 20 lbs is too much to lose in such a short time.

Dee-I post my journal at SP.

coles
06-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I agree Gayle that the stomach upset is probably caused by the pain meds on an empty stomach. He is getting xrays on his spine, hips and neck to see if anything shows up. It is hard to watch him in so much pain and not be able to help.
I am trying very hard to stay focused on my food intake. I gained six pounds from all the stress and worry. I am almost back to what my ticker says. Hopefully by my next weigh-in.
Stay safe from all that bad weather.
Stay strong, drink your water and have a great weekend.
Janice

4myloves
06-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Got his 4-month vaccinations yesterday. Man, I hate those dr's visits!

He's in perfect health. His dr. said he's a very happy baby (again :) ) and that she can tell that we talk to him a lot.

She said that I don't need to be in any hurry to give him baby food (MIL and momma are both pushing HARD) especially since he still reflexively tries to push out anything you put in his mouth. She said at this age he's still too young to work the food to the back of his mouth properly and could choke! I'm so glad mom was with me to hear that.

gdeann
06-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Cheryl, I started slow with my kids, just giving them a little cereal mixed into their milk by bottle. I always cut the nipple hole just a tiny bit bigger. He will let you know on his own when he needs more food. Jake will seem restless and will want to eat more often. If he is happy, I would say leave well enough alone. I knew a girl that from the third day home from the hospital, her mother was trying to feed the baby "people" food!

SuzyMc
06-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Listen to the doctor Cheryl! There's really no need to give a baby any kind solid food until they start getting teeth. I'm glad that Jake is doing so well!

It was a long day here. The girls were here all day. My oldest granddaughter has pneumonia, so required some extra attention. Why is it that when one is sick that everyone else decides that they want to be clingy too? I'm one tired mama tonight!

Deelite
06-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Suzy bless your little one. I hope that she recovers soon. Take care of mama too.

Cheryl I am happy to hear that your visit went well. Your little Jake is a smart guy. Even the doctor noticed.

Gayle I have been hearing about the rough weather you are having. I am glad that you are safe. There was a sighting of a tornado a few minles from here yesterday but it didn't touch down. I can't believe that I turned on the heat for a few hours and we are dealing with tornados. There is something that isn't natural about that.

Today we have a weddingto go to. It is at a very fancy hotel. They are friends of Desiree's. It is close to home so we will cab back tonight. I hope that we won't be dodging rain clouds.

Enjoy your day.

SuzyMc
06-14-2008, 11:29 AM
The weekend that I have been dreading is here. :( This is the first Father's Day without my daddy and I'm missing him so much. I know there are several of us here who are missing our father's this weekend and I'm sending hugs to you all and if you are lucky enough to still have your father here with you make sure to give him a big hug tomorrow!

Deelite
06-14-2008, 06:21 PM
I hear you Suzy, I hear you. Take care and remember the good times.

SuzyMc
06-15-2008, 08:20 AM
It looks like they have changed the forums. It is one click closer, but the forum list is a lot longer now. We are all going to have to post on a regular basis or the Floozies will be lost in the back pages.

Today we are putting a new top on our jeep (the old one has been hanging on by a thread and a prayer) and then going out for a ride and out to dinner. I hope everyone has a great day today!

gdeann
06-15-2008, 03:33 PM
FINALLY found you guys after the move! Have a great weekend.

ShelleyM
06-16-2008, 05:49 AM
Had problems finding this thread. I thought it was going to be on the main support forum. Anyway, thank goodness we are still here.

Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday, either remembering dads, celebrating with dads or just being with hubbys.

coles
06-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Cheryl - I never did get my photo of Little Jake. I wonder what happened.
The weather here this weekend was beautiful, we had a BBQ for fathers day. I have two ducks living in my swimming pool. I thought when the winter cover came off they would move on, but they love that nice clean pool. I named them Quackerjack and Molly.
I have good and bad days trying to stay on program these days. Being an emotional eater says it all.
Hope everyone had a nice weekend and hugged your dads!

SuzyMc
06-16-2008, 08:18 AM
I was thinking about what our "dieting project" should be this week and Janice just gave me an idea. Last week we posted ideas for what we could do instead of stress/emotional eating, so this week let's put it into action! Everytime you do something instead of eating when you are stressed or bored come her and post about and tell us what you did!

4myloves
06-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Janice, that would be my fault this time :o Sorry. You'll get it.....eventually......I promise!

gdeann
06-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Pulling up, we were getting lost in the list.

Suzy, great idea!! I am STARVING now, so guess who is on the computer? Looking for support, motivation and a huge zipper to sew to my mouth. LOL!

Deelite
06-16-2008, 11:57 PM
I am lost..........I just found you through the section recents posts. I don't know where to find you gals. Help!

Cheryl I didn't get my picture either.....:(

Janice aww, that is a cute ducky story!

Gayle good to see you came here instead of eating. Sorry I wasn't here for you, but I am the lost sheep.

Shelley I see that you are inundated with kids today. It kept you out of trouble.

Ok hopefully I will be here tomorrow.

ShelleyM
06-17-2008, 05:37 AM
Dee-I saw you got Elton John tickets! I am envious. Where will he be performing?

I am heading to Tampa tomorrow afternoon for Patty's USF orientation and will return Friday afternoon. I won't have access to a computer. Oh, we just ordered Patty a pink Dell laptop for school.

coles
06-17-2008, 06:00 AM
My worst time for eating is after supper. I work to 7 a lot of nights and Doug goes to bed shortly after I get home because he gets up for work early. I can be on track all day and then totally blow it the last hour before I go to sleep. This has always been my problem time. For me I think one answer is to pop a bag of light popcorn and eat that.
Have a great day everyone!

4myloves
06-17-2008, 09:29 AM
This morning I got up at 4:30 to express milk so I would have time to walk before work. It's my goal to start doing this every day! Wish me luck.

Dee, I'm glad you found us.

Hopefully you and Janice will get y'all's pics of Jake one day next week.

Cheryl

Deelite
06-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Shelley cute.....Patty like's pink. What a lucky girl. Enjoy your time in Tampa. Isn't Facebook great, we can keep tabs on each other ;)
Elton John is coming to Winnipeg in September. I am so excited to see him. When we went to Vegas we had hoped to go to his concert but he was always on a break. So I guess waiting for him to come see me is worth it!

Cheryl you and Shelley could be chatting at that time. I think you are the only two that are up at that ungodly hour. I am anxious to get the pictures.

Gayle thanks for the assist in finding the group. No wonder it is hard to find if we get bumped on to the second page. One thing I did find when I did a search was our posts from way back when. They are there somewhere, if you do a search for them you will come up with posts from last year to around 2003. I am glad that they aren't lost. Occassionally I like to look back at them.

Well today it is going to warm up. Looks like it will be 25 out which is about 78 ( I am guessing). Gayle your warmer weather pushed up to us. Thanks.

Instead of going to the Y I am going to do a Yoga tape today and a bike ride this afternoon. Tonight Larry is golfing so my girlfriend and I will walk. When we walk we go for two hours. I figure I can skip the Y. What do you guys think?

Sunday night, Father's Day I spent the night at the hospital. Of all nights I had an appoitment that I was waiting for for years. It was a sleep study test. Needless to say (after having 20 probes, EKG and tubes up my nose) I am still catching up on my sleep. I slept 10 hours last night.

For Father's Day I bought Larry a hand help GPS. It is for Geocaching. Anyone every hear of it of try it? It is so cool. It is a new adventure everytime. What you do is take your GPS and locate hidden treasures. We went looking for one with the kids in the afternoon and didn't find it. Later again we tried and we found our first one on a foot bridge at a park. It was so exciting to have found it. It isn't really for the prise it is more for the hunt. Larry loved it.
When we go camping we will go on some hunts too. I think we will have lots of fun with it.

Have a good day ladies. I hope that we will be able to keep finding each other.

Wonder if SUZY can find us?

Suzy I was thinking of you on Father's Day.

SuzyMc
06-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Dee ~ I'm here! Thanks for the thoughts. Sunday was a rough day...the whole week was rough actually, but I'm doing better now.

Cheryl ~ Sounds like you are really trying to make a difference! Keep it up girl!

Janice ~ I would think that a bag of lite popcorn would be a good thing to munch on in the evening. I rarely eat anything after dinner, between lunch and dinner is my toughest time.

Shelley ~ Have a safe trip! I hope orientation goes well!

Gayle ~ If you find a way to attach that zipper let me know! :lol:

4myloves
06-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Bump :)

:wave:

gdeann
06-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Suzy, I attached the zipper, but now I need steel bolts to hold it shut! I hope you had a good weekend on your road trip.

Cheryl, I got to give it to you! Keep up the determination and you'll do awesome! I'm like Dee, no way in heck am I getting up that early in the morning. GREAT JOB!

Dee, I heard of the GPS thing, but I don't think too many are involved in it in this area. SOUNDS FUN!

Have fun Shelley! I can't believe the girls are growing up so fast!

Janice, we all have times under stress of turning to food. You have done GREAT with the weightloss! how is Doug feeling?

We were hit by lightening for the second time in two years. Wiped out our big family television plus some other electronics. It happens each time within a few days of Steve's birthday, so I am now calling him Sparky. The guys are golfing this week (for work, rough, huh?) and no one wants to stand close to him with a golf club in hand. LOL!

SuzyMc
06-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Sorry to hear about the lightning strike Gayle! Sounds like you could benefit from a whole house surge protector. We had one put on a few years ago and haven't had any trouble since. Of course, they aren't fool proof and you should still use outlet surge protectors for your computers and such, but they do help!

How's everyone doing this week? Staying OP? I made a big not diet friendly zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting to take to a quilt guild picnic on Monday night and mother nature played a cruel trick with some severe thunderstorms and the picnic was cancelled...leaving me alone in the house with "the cake". Needless to say...I have not had an OP week. :^:

gdeann
06-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Suzy, STEP BACK FROM THE CAKE! At least it has zucchini in it! :-)
We have the surge protectors for electricity, but this time it came in through the cable lines. Anything electrical hooked up to cable, including our computer was affected. Luckily, the computer could be easily repaired. The TV and players bit the big one! BTW: I guess I am really out of it! I didn't realize the newer flat screen TV's that can be wall mounted are so light! Our TV we purchased a couple years ago still weighed a ton, the new ones weigh near to nothing! All plastic!

Deelite
06-18-2008, 02:09 PM
gee I am so lost. I have such a hard time to find you guys.

Gayle does home owners insurance cover the surge? Hey sounds like you got a nice tv out of the deal.
We will go out cashing this weekend when we camp. It is so much fun, I love the adventure.

Suzy I know how much you want to eat that cake but you will feel awful afterwards. Drop that fork. Just eat the icing it will only be half the calories. ;)
Suzy my hardest time of the day is just before supper. I definitely need a snack then. I think that I have programed my body, since the kids were little we always had snack time after school.

Janice when I was heavier and needed to lose weight I would eat popcorn when I got wanted to nebble between meals. I was able to feel satisfied and lost the weight.
Try chewing gum when you are stressed. It is like eatting but food doesn't taste good when sandwiched between the gum.

Shelley are you home yet? How did you make out?

Cheryl thanks for bumping this thread up. It made it easier for me to find.
How is the early mornings going?

4myloves
06-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Mornings are going pretty good--believe it or not, getting up early seems to give me more energy throughout the day? Of course, the baby has decided that since I'm up at 4 he needs to be up at 4. Go figure :)

gdeann
06-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Of course Cheryl! Baby Stew needs his TV time! LOL!

Dee, we found last time it really wasn't worth the hassle to turn into insurance. We had to haul everything in to a repair place and have it inspected. After that cost, time and deductable we decided to just pay full out of pocket this time. OF COURSE I had also spent the goverment check already paying off a couple bills... so I robbed Peter to pay Paul, borrowing money from here and there so I didn't have to take it out of savings.

gdeann
06-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Doing the bump before I head out the door!

Deelite
06-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Gayle where are you heading so early? Are you jogging around the block?

We are having a nice sunny day. The weekend is suppose to be great camping weather. We are going to leave just after noon tomorrow.

Not much new, just got back from a swim and aquafit. I was running behind so I jumped on the bike. Sure got me home sooner.

Time to go and read my cookbooks. I am looking for a summer salad. Anyone got some recipes for me?

have a good one.

Deelite
06-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Hi ladies,

Just checking in. I am so sad......I miss my Sally and Baba and Papa. I am afraid that soon I won't even be able to talk to Sally. Mom said that Sally was pretty weak a few days ago and she thought that I shouldn't call. I haven't talk to her in almost two weeks.
Mom flew out there today to spend a week with her. My brother how lives in Ottawa is flying out to see Sally on Saturday and will come home for a week.

Life is pretty sad sometimes. It is hard losing one person close to you but not two so close together and then have another not doing well. Her spirit is very low. That is not like her at all.

Well maybe now that I had a good cry I will heal and feel a bit better. Thanks girls. I got to go wipe my tears!

I am going to start a new thread as this one is taking longer to load.

xoxox