Old 06-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Flex Talk #11

Well, in the interest of moving forward with our lives, let's just start a new talk thread instead of using the old #10. That'll just be kind of confusing. It's a shame all that was lost... alas... But these things happen!

I wonder what we ought to do about the weigh-in stuff? That was the only thing that was tough to replace. I really wanted to keep the historical count going as long as possible, and I know May got us to 400-something pounds total, but I guess we'll never get the true number back.

I'll repost a challenge thread without instructions for the time being and put up instructions later when I get a chance. I'd like to keep it going so hopefully everyone remembers how they've been doing this week!

Hope everyone has had a good day. It's bloody hot over here, the heat index for the weekend is supposed to hover around 110 I am not impressed, I don't like the heat that much! Anyway, that's it for me for now, been a long day and I don't want to deal with the computer right now! Hope everyone is well!!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #2  
lots of fun!

strange, what happened to everything? haha what a bummer.
ifindhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:47 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

That sucks! I just came to check up on everything, too.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #4  

Oh good, I'm not the only one obsessively checking to see when 3FC came back
Old 06-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #5  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Nope, not the only one Suite! Made me realize HOW MUCH I've come to rely on you guys being there! I'd hate to lose track of you all....

I just made a backup of some stuff I said....(the mental stuff that I had little break-thrus in) probably not a bad idea to keep my own journal on my computer.

We can certainly repost for June Weigh In's I'd think...since its only been 6 days, but as for the other...

Weirdly, I decided to save a bunch of recipes that I'd posted various places on the forum last night into a recipe file here on my computer...so I have those too.

But this, having to take 2 steps back .....just like in our weight loss journey teaches us to let it go...move on and get up and keep on keeping on!!
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Hey, I'm glad we're back, I did not like it at all. Lots to catch up on

Happy Saturday Flexers
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:47 AM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I had not idea that the board was going down and I checked all day yesterday,but I couldn't get in. Glad we're all back posting,as I missed your gals.

I see that we lost all the posts that we previous wrote,on the flex talk#11.
Thats to bad as I asked someone to tell me if the Wendie plan was the same as before.Only difference would be the point range is for all[20-25] and the SHD 35.

Going to try it for 2 weeks and see what happens,I should see some results in two weeks ,right!!. ????As the body need two weeks to adjust to any diet or plan.?????

Have a great one

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I was wondering what happened too!!!! Oh well Actually I've been coming on here so little that it didn't bother me that much which I thought was strange

I need to step things up and get my act in gear. I had that last minute trip for work this week and I was so stressed out and frustrated that I just ended up eating a lot. But I've started off well today and I intend to stay that way!

I also decided to make a goal. I've decided that if I am not pregnant by the time I go to Disney, then I want to be a size 8. Right now I'm a 10. I need a goal to keep me to stick with things, and one that isn't related to weight. I'm excited about this and wonder why I didn't do this earlier!!!

Last edited by modkittn; 06-07-2008 at 10:48 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

*raises hand*

Yep.. another addicted member here!

I, too, didn't really realize how much I loved this place until I couldn't get to it.. lol

For as much as we all chat - I am sure that we will all get back to normal in no time!
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

I've been so busy that I haven't even been on here since May 22. Then I went to check in yesterday (need you guys for that extra motivation!) and couldn't get the board up at all. I'm glad all is back up & running today.

We were away those two weekends in a row. Memorial Day Weekend we were supposed to go up to my parents' house, but plans finally were underway for BiL's bachelor party...it was all taking place the weekend before the wedding! Eek! So rather than the kids & I just staying at home by ourselves, I decided we'd all go down to visit my in-laws, even though dh was gone all of that Saturday (amusement park, movie, then over to sis-in-law's boyfriend's place for poker).

Then we got home Memorial Day night to discover that two birds had pecked their way through one of our drop-ceiling tiles (there's a hole in the eaves outside and there must be a hole between that and our ceiling...gotta tell the landlord), and had made a grand ol' mess in our place. I spent the only two days we were going to be home between Mem. Day and the wedding (the 31st...but we were heading back down on the 29th) scrubbing nasty windows with bleach cleaner!! UGH. Put a damper on things I needed to get done in those two days, but what was I to do?

Then last weekend was the wedding, back down to VA. It was beautiful, and I'm so happy for and proud of my "little" BiL. He's 10 years younger than me, but was my little pal when he was a kid, and grew into a friend over the last few years. The bride was beautiful, the groom was handsome, and it was a wonderful, unique wedding Mass (done in Traditional Latin...very cool).

My hubby was so handsome . He was a groomsman, and looked great in his tux, even though the vest and tie were basically pink, lol. I was really happy for him. He's also been working on losing weight, and is down at least 17 lbs since April. I wasn't thrilled with some of his earlier method (mostly fasting), but I think what has really helped him is all the exercise he's been doing. Especially since his weight is still down, even though he's not really fasting anymore. In early April, he learned his weight, and he got measured for his tux.

When he went to try on his tux at the tux place, the pants were BIG on him! They had to tighten up the little adjusters, and even then the pants were too big. He still had a hard time keeping them up, lol. I can really see the difference, and even though he couldn't see as much of a difference as he was hoping for on the scale, it helped him realize that he really has been losing a lot.

Hmmm... I didn't meet my own goal for the wedding, which was 190 (set before I started WW). But it's all okay. I hope to be closer to that by the family reunion on July 6. Every year we say we want to lose weight by the darn reunion. We both have this time, but I haven't lost as much as I'd like to. Just have to set to it.

Other than that, trying to settle in after a crazy couple weeks. We may be heading out of town again next weekend, but we'll see.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #11  

Manick - like I said in the weigh-in thread, thanks for re-posting that pound of fat... Bleh... I think that should replace one of the 3FC chickies in the logo for a day. Give everyone a little more reason to get up and exercise in the morning

Institches -

beach bum - Boy, I sure don't know what to tell you. I really hope the Wendie Plan works out for you. Faerie had responded with some info and a link to the Wendie Plan info in the main WW forum here, but juding by your post in the menu planning thread you have it under control!

Mod - Making goals is a great way to take charge. Good luck with it and I'll be hoping for your success!

Chey -

luvmyfam - Where in VA was the wedding? There's so much beautiful country down here, though there is a bunch in PA too! Glad to hear you're not being hard on yourself about not making the wedding goal. I know I can't make time-restricted goals like that because I DO beat myself up if I don't make it. WTG to your hubby on his weight loss too! Gotta love a man in a tux!!

Is there a "stuffed" smiley on the forum? I had the best wrap ever for lunch, and just had a big smoothie for a snack. (My wrap came from the WW cookbook I picked up at my meeting last week, it was mango, avocado, and turkey with spicy mayo. Mmmm. DH loved it too.) I have to say I did stick a tsp of EVOO into my smoothie and I couldn't tell it was there at all - I'm still working on getting both those oils in every day and this is a perfectly tolerable way to do it, I think.

WI today was a wash - no loss, no gain. I didn't expect miracles... I know I had a couple major stumbles last week so no surprises there. My goal this week is to be totally OP for the WHOLE 7 days... I've been giving myself too much "wiggle room" and I end up taking advantage of it and going overboard. I know though that if I can stay OP for one week it'll be much easier to stay OP the next week, and the week after, etc.

On the upside we had a wonderful meeting this morning, I'm really enjoying the crowd at this different meeting. No more of those crazy judging, negative ladies who were in the old one. It's pretty much the exact opposite.

Well, have a good weekend everybody, hope all is well wherever you are!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:58 PM   #12  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Suite Your wrap lunch sounds amazing...what is the cookbook again? You said on the last pre-crash thread but I don't recall... and you are describing my week exactly too!

I'm glad I remembered the May totals for the weigh in thread...your guy on the bike pic did it...I remembered that and all I had to do was find him!

My goal is to be OP and really accountable this week...when I was re-posting in the June challenge last night it really struck me that I am only getting 2 points because I am not strictly OP...now that is just sad...I am exercising and getting ALL my water and not being OP really sabotages that! It is a matter of me NOT eating what DH eats basically. I have to make smaller and better choices for myself.

Did that today, I had one egg and one grapefruit for breakfast and made him 2 eggs and rice, salsa and grapefruit. I was fine, he was fine. He is 6'2" and male and all muscle I am 5'5" and female and my muscles are barely emerging...I must KEEP this in my head!

...Yeah, replacing a chick with the little lump of fat...that would make me laugh! I wonder how many people would notice?

Ok 98 minutes of exercise for me today WITH DH...which is a super rare treat! I had so much fun. Then the farmers market after for fresh veggies! Gotta go hit the shower and get ready to go sing.

Have a great weekend everybody!
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:00 AM   #13  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Well I must confess that I have been having horrible weight loss journey ever since we moved because my landlord SCREWED us over in the remodeling of our apartment and we don't have a kitchen sink or ANY running water downstairs! So I have been eating all crap! I can't cook anything because we have no way to wash anything! And on top of all that, I have had no way of really working out since I don't have a gym anymore...and I am not comfortable enough to run outside alone yet...

Funnily enough, I lost 2pounds this week!
don't ask me how...probably muscleloss
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

hi all,
i guess i missed whatever crash happened, but lucky me that the few days i'm unable to get on anyway, the site is down!
it is 2:30 am right now and i am exhausted. been running around nj and ny for the past 3 days, seeing people and shopping, shopping, shopping! i went to an engagement party today, and then to my cousin's. well, at the party, i had a few glasses of wine, but generally stayed pretty good about food. it was so hot out, it was hard to eat! i passed up brownies and went for watermelon, though i did succumb to a fried dumpling. dinner at my cousin's wasn't too bad -- he married a turkish girl who is crazy for hospitality, and cooks so well, but all light mediterranean food, so not too bad. i really don't know how to count the food i ate today, but i know that i didn't go nuts, so i'll just leave it at that. same for yesterday, when i went to a roof party in brooklyn.
i think jaime mentioned how sometimes it just feels easy to make the right choices, foodwise -- this is one of those times for me. i was hungry on my way home from my cousin's, but wasn't at all tempted by the mcdonalds -- just got home and made some toast with half a laughing cow. triyng to unwind now with a cup of tea -- i feel so tired but also so wired. i doubt that being on the computer is going to help with that.
sorry for no personals -- i just spent up all my energy babbling on about myself! i'll catch up later about whatever happened to the site, what was lost, and all that jazz.
s
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #15  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

It looks like we are going to have a scorer ourselves today. The temps are up but the humidity is 89,and thats the killer. Have to get those A/C's filters cleaned so we can put them up soon.

Yesterday I was on the SHD of the Wendie plan and it certainly felt strange being on such a high point target[37=1700 c] today on a low point target 22=1100].They say thats what great about the plan it don't give your bod the time to think or change its energy policy. Hope it works this time around.

Thanks FAERIE= for pasting the new info in the Wendie Plan sticky. Glad I read all the way down where the flex points are I wouldn't have add the extra points to each day.QUESTION:How long can you stay on the Wendie Plan?????Is there a time limit?????

SUITE=I wish I had it in control.I don't know whats making me stall the 9 weeks of being on WW. I tried the Wendie before and it worked,so hopefully it will break the plateau.I think my points target[20] is too low[body going into starvation mode],that the number that came out from my quiz. If I lied on any of the questions I would have had more points.Now that I'm on the WP for 2 day I feel like I'm satisfied. After I off the WP I will use my WPA's even if my leader doesn't want me too.

Sorry about your wash out at the scale yesterday.I know how you feel. Maybe your lacking the same target point syndrome ,and have to change the points around. I like the point range system better than I do the target points plan.

MANICK-Don't beat yourself up,its not worth it.You'll get there now that you have a plan.Wish I could exercise,going to give it a try as my hamstring is not hurting this morning.

VDAY-OMG you are in a bad situation with no sink. Hope every thing works in its place soon.Why didn't your landlord tell you he was remodeling.Its that against the law, not to have running water????? Once thing get back to norm,you'll be OP again. Sending your{{{good luck vibes}}}} your way.

SHRINKING-Look like you had a busy weekend. Don't forget to drink plenty of H2O when the weather is so hot.

Have to go,have a nice one

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote