LA Weight Loss - Losers and Friend for the rest of the week!

Repo girl
06-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Wow, this is weird, huh?

JerseyMadchen
06-06-2008, 06:41 PM
What happened?? Where is everyone??

Repo girl
06-06-2008, 06:55 PM
I guess the server went crazy and wiped some stuff out.

mandalinn82
06-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Please check out the forum-wide announcement:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcement.php?f=202

Debbie24
06-06-2008, 08:41 PM
ok so lets see where i was at that point. LOL.

Glad we're back tho, i missed you guys this morning.

Sige
06-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Argh. I was *this close* to getting a sig line lol.

4princesses
06-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Hope they get things figured out. Have a super POP weekend!;)

gramabear45
06-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Good evening,
Had a nother busy day.DH is doing PT for his neck,so I dropped him off and went to visit a friend. Did our shopping and now home to just relax and chill.

Later
Roma :carrot::carrot:

Debbie24
06-07-2008, 06:19 PM
quick question, are we allowed to type this (A$$) on here? :lol: i dont know how else to do it buy to type it.

amylou7777
06-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi Friends!!

I have been majorly struggling since beginning my bar studies. It is literally insane. I've gained a lot, and my eating is out of control. I'm so disappointed that I have let this stress get the better of me. I KNOW in my head/heart that I will do 10x better if I'm eating POP...but I keep sabotaging.

Sorry for the negativity, but I have to be honest. I have no idea what is going on with you but I do know that...

NICOLE shold be a Grandma by now!?!!!!!! I hope everything went GREAT and that you have a beautiful, healthy grandaughter and daughter!

Miss you all lots!!!

gramabear45
06-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Put on a pair of jeans and they are fitting loose....:carrot: :carrot:
Humm ?? maybe I have lost some more weight.
I guess I better go in to my center and weigh.
I need more bars. They seem to keep me on my program.
I am an evening eater.
Roma

Dan2112
06-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Hey gang.. Just a quick note to let you all know I finished the race and actually did pretty well... Sort of...

Before the race even started, I took a tumble in the parking lot when I shifted my weight in the saddle and couldn't correct myself in time..

No harm done, or so I thought, so I got back on and did the race.. Finished 50 miles in about 3 hours.. Not too bad for my first time doing something like this, especially with a major climb included..

got back, had some chocolate milk with the wife of one of my teammates who finished just before me and got ready to go home. As I was loading up the car, I tried to take off my left glove and it was STUCK... Managed to peel it off and realized that my pre-race fall had somehow left a half-inch gash on my left hand, just below my thumb. The glove, being a "work out" type, had wicked the blood so I never saw any of it.. of course, taking off the glove opened the wound again and it started to bleed a bit.. My teammate's wife suggested I get a couple of stitches (I thought a bandaid would work), so I went to the walk in clinic and got a sewn up... Not sure how the gash happened, especially without tearing the glove, but at least I finished the race.. Had I noticed it before the start, I probably would have had to drop out..

After the race, we had a small party with the team and my buddy Pat presented me with a hastily put together "Fall Down Go Boom" trophy.. Too funny...

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks to all of you for the good vibes and wishes.. A year and a half ago, this wouldn't have been possible for me to do, so all of you deserve credit for the support you've shown me through the weight loss process..

THANKS!!!

ferrarimomof2
06-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Hello everyone,

Dan- I am so happy that you finished your bike ride and sorry that you cut your hand. I hope that it heals soon.

Roma- Congrats on the pants. It feels so good doesn't it.

Amy - Sorry that you are so stressed out over your bar exam. Be good to yourself.

Where is everyone? I have to admit that I was not good yesterday. We went to a mardi gras event. I ate the fried shrimp and some boiled and salad and drank entirely to much. So, I am drinking lemon water today. I had a great time though. And considering the stress here at home now with the job situation my DH and I both needed the time away. I am back on plan today and looking forward to WI tomorrow. I need to find out the effects of last night. I am going to try to get up and go to the gym tomorrow. My hip is hurting (from what a doctor told me about a year ago was the start of Bursitis(sp??)) It has not bothered me at all since I started loosing weight so I don't know what is going on now. I would say it was from to much dancing but it was bothering me before I went last night. Well, I better go figure out what is for supper.

I hope that everyone is having a great weekend and staying POP.

Mama Nicole
06-09-2008, 09:25 AM
This is totally messed up!!!! I will post new pics of my grandbaby later Amylou!!! She is beautiful. I have to get DS ready for his getting ready for kindergarden summer school class............but then I will be back. Man, I hope my ticker factory ticker is still working........I have been kicking butt!!!!
XOXO

Dan2112
06-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Morning all..

Still nursing my wounds, but doing well otherwise...

Decided after last week's carbo-loading before the race that I really need to do an honest to goodness two-day Take Off... It's been a while since I've done this, and I'm really hoping the cravings don't take hold of me..

I've been really good so far today, but then again, it's not even 9 am yet..

4princesses
06-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Dan- Congrats on finishing the race... well done!

Roma- Great to hear about your pants... keep it up!

Amy - Hang in there and try to grab the things you know will help your brain.. lean protein and veggies and fruit and all that good stuff, then crack down on the plan later, you will thank yourself for it.

Dionne- sometimes it is nice to break the plan and then get back at it.. be good to yourself.. no guilt! *hugs*

Nicole- great to hear from you, I hope you are all hanging in there!

Mama Nicole
06-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Wow..........seems like forever since I've been able to post on here :) Life has been a wonderful whirlwind. My aunt and uncle and family friends came down this weekend. My mom was already here, and we had a great time. I even managed to stay OP.......don't ask me how.....but I did it!!! I am in a good frame of mind right now, and it feels SOOOOO good........and so........

I want to say, Amylou........that it is time to get your $hit together. I don't really care if you are studying for the bar or not.........you are done giving in to your inner self defeating fat girl. No guilt (it really serves no positive purpose).......no crying........just get back up and go for round 2. It isn't hard......it's easy..........as soon as you decide to do it.........it feels SOOOOOOO good!!!! Your clothes will feel looser in 2 weeks. You will feel prettier, sexier, more powerful........and even smarter!!! You will do so much better on your bar exam if you are taking good care of yourself........and people who take good care of themselves eat well and exercise. They make time for their physical well being. Noone is too busy. Everyone has time. You, my friend, can do this............so......what are you going to have for lunch? Make it easy...........go out to lunch and have a fabulous salad with grilled chicken. Go with friends..........destroy the water pitcher at the table......and feel good. Let me know how it goes :)

And that goes for all of you...........be good to yourselves!!! Like Lynn used to tell us........"nothing tastes as good as thin feels!" Strawberries are in season.............slice some up with a spoon of splenda.........top it with a dallop of FF coolwhip.......and enjoy. It is sooo yummy, and it fills you up a lot!!!! Cut up an apple and dip it in real PB. It tastes like dessert!!!! Go out and order a salad.........from someplace that makes a killer one..........it feels good to order healthy. It is so easy........just let yourself do it!!!!

I have so many personals I want to catch up on...........and I miss you all........but I have to go eat my energy laden delicious lunch right now. I need the fuel, and I will enjoy the flavor!!!!!

Oh, and here is my grandbaby...just incase you haven't gotten to see her yet :)
http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/40144/2568447320099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2568447320099958805NItDyc)
She was 7 lbs 9 oz and 20 1/4 inches long.......but now she is 8 lbs 14 oz :) My DD is nursing her and doing sooo well!!!
XOXO

jewljz
06-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Dan - AWESOME :)

Dionne - i didn't do so well this weekend either - after about 4 smirnoff ice lites I threw caution to the wind and decided to go for the regular smirnoff ice and had about 3 more - after that I think I ate a RIB! It was my son's birthday party... I had to have a little fun! I did act responsibly in the sense that I waited until after I taxied all the kids home to party with the adults...

Roma - I know what you are saying about the pants! I went shopping this weekend and even though I know these pants that I found must be sized differently than other brands I was excited to get into a size 8!

Debbie - if Nicole can write "$hit", I don't see why you can't write "a$$" - they are from the same family anyway :)

Have a great Monday everyone!

bradleys mom
06-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi everyone... Just wanted to stop in!! I should find out the babys gender this Friday! Think Pink!

Hope everyone is doing well..

Nicole!! Congrats on your grandbaby! She is sooo cute!! I cant wait for mine to get here!!!!

pjbeau
06-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Yeah, Dan...congrats on your race...what a great accomplishment!! :carrot:

Okay, I have done really bad...just can't get my stuff together. Just reading Nicole a$$ kicking to Amylou...I took it to heart...I've got no more excuses not to straighten up and eat right...so I will, thanks Nicole. :hug:

Also, that's a cute pic of Maria...was it taken at the hospital...'cause otherwise what's with the baby house arrest anklet..:D

Mama Nicole
06-09-2008, 03:09 PM
:lol: yes, Paula.....it was taken at the hospital!!! You have had a lot going on......it is way super easy to get off plan.......but it is just as easy to get back on :) How is DH doing? Is he driving you nuts yet?
XOXO

BarbaraB
06-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Paula, Don't forget to take care of yourself too! I have to keep reminding myself of this, and keep getting back to behaving myself.

Amy, Don't be too hard on yourself. You are only human and as human beings we are all weak at times. Just make whatever steps you can make to do better, even if they are baby steps and you have moved from the king sized M&M's to the regular size. Sometimes I find just focusing on eating my veggies helps me. Plus getting some exercise. Whenever I can't exercise somehow my discipline in my eating just slips away and I'm back to just eating horrible. I don't know why that is, so take a baby step, walk around the block and eat a carrot, and you'll feel better.

I was feeling rather depressed on Friday after being in pain for a few days with a bad back and neck and broke into the left over halloween candy! Speaking of us all being human. So I felt so bad about the snickers bar that I ate the bag of M&M's and then we ordered in pizza and split a bottle of wine, and the next day I felt so fat and disgusted with myself. Oh well, I just got back to sane eating and now a few days later it is literally like it never even happened, and my back is finally better. I do have issues with poor eating when I don't feel well, but the good news is that I was relatively on plan for the first couple of days and only had one lapse, not a week long binge that feeling like this used to bring on. So I'm getting better, even if I'm far from perfect. So now there is no halloween candy left in the house (gave my DD the last peice) at least that I know about there might be some tucked away somewhere, but I think it is best that I not go poking around looking for it, as I apparently can not be trusted. At least I didn't have it in the normal food cupboard, or it would have been eaten long ago.

Dan, I'm so glad you finished. That is a great accomplishment! You really must have been focused on the race to not notice your hand was cut. I'm sure that losing the weight made it possible for you to do that. Imagine dragging an extra 105 pounds up that hill! I really noticed when I went backpacking how much easier life is when you are carrying less weight.

Nicole, Good for you for being so good on plan! Maria looks just precious! We all knew that Emily was likely to be a great mom, as how could she not be with such a great example.

Dionne and Julie, I feel your pain.... I guess we are all insane about food in different situations, and alcohol has never been known to improve my decision making either!

Kimberly, How are you feeling sweetie? Take good care of yourself!

Repo girl
06-09-2008, 07:23 PM
What????? You HAD leftover Halloween candy?! I think that having candy in the house from October to June without eating it is pretty dang impressive!

ferrarimomof2
06-09-2008, 07:51 PM
So, I went to WI today and was up another 4/10 a pound. So, I am now officially back in the 160's. I have 13 weeks left to loose 35 pounds. Right now I am just focusing on trying to eat correctly. I didn't get to go to the gym. My hip is still hurting but seems to be getting better after Naproxen and heating pad. I can hopefully get back to the gym at the end of the week. My DH had an interview on Friday and still haven't heard anything. He has had a lot of recruiters call him about different positions but only the one interview. I keep telling myself we will be fine and God has a plan for us. However, I have to admit it is hard when we have a vacation at the end of the month and we have paid for everything up front except the food and gas while there. My DH says we are going on this vacation. We are both just hoping that he gets a job with someone and can start work when we come back off vacation. All of ya'lls prayers would be appreciated. We have been without jobs before and the first time we went two months and the second time it was about 4 1/2 months before he found something. I really don't want to go back to work but come July if nothing for him we have to make the house note somehow.

Sorry, for the rambling. I have been POP today although the chips in the pantry are really calling my name. I hope that everyone is having a great day.

And if you fell off the wagon, just hope right back on and start at it again. I'll talk to ya'll later. I have to go cook some chicken.

Mama Nicole
06-09-2008, 11:21 PM
What????? You HAD leftover Halloween candy?! I think that having candy in the house from October to June without eating it is pretty dang impressive!

I'm with Katie.........candy would never have lasted that long around me, Barbara. I hope you are feeling all better......there is NOTHING worse than back and neck pain.

Dionne..........girl....I feel for you........a man needs to work......for so many reasons. I am glad you will still get to go on your vaca. Hang in there......something will turn up soon :)

Dan..........yes, congrats on finishing your race. I am very envious. I so want to be strong again. A former fat guy riding 50 miles is quite the inspiration.........maybe I can try again :)

Amylou............you out there???

Kmberly.....congrats on the pink news :) How exciting. Do you have any names picked out yet?

Hi Roma and Julz!!!

Ok, time for sleepy for this girl. I picked 16 quarts of strawberries at my farmer friends berry patch today. I am LOVING it!!!! And......I am wiped out..........a lot of outside play for me today :) Hang in there everyone!!!!
XOXO

aguerin
06-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Hello Chickies and Dan! Sorry it has been so long, but I have been traveling and out of the office alot lately.

Nichole - Love the new baby. She is just gorgeous

AmyLou - Congrats on graduation and get focused on the WL.

Dan - Congrats on the race. My butt hurts just thinking about a 50 mile bike ride.

Dionne: God does have a plan for us and He will provide for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Well I am happy to say that I am finally focused on this WL thing again. Traveling is not WL friendly and stress is not either. I did the Stillmans diet over the weekend and dropped 4 lbs so that got me within 3 lbs of my lowest weight. Now I just have to apply the LAWL plan and stick to it. So far it has been good. I hope to reach 140 by July 4th (?) That is 4/5 lbs so surely I can do it.

Log Cabin News! The builder has not started. He was suppose to start the week of Memorial Day, but is running behind. I have logs on the ground but no activity. I am hoping that he can start by the first of next week. This is his plan or so he says (again). I'm not anxious, at least I don't have a bank note to worry about (yet).

Does anybody know what happened to the regulars? Debster, Tina, Lynn, Pearl, etc?

Dan2112
06-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Amy... Four days later and my butt STILL hurts from it, and that's even having worn padded shorts!

You can do it Nicole.. Small steps get you back in the race...

Another busy day for me.. I get to dress up as Smokey Bear for some day care kiddos.. Should be fun!!

Talk to you all soon..

Be one with your POP!!!

Debbie24
06-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Dan - Congrats on finishing. Sorry about the cut, i hope you are feeling better with that.

Amy - so nice to see you. Try to get back on since you know that you will do better when being OP. GL with your studies.

Nicole - Your grandbaby is so adorable! WTG DD for nursing. You're a great mama Nicole and she is also.

Julie - Dont let the weekend get you down, that was the past and you need to look to the future. We are going to have days like that but you just need to get right back on and be strong. :lol: i'm gonng go post my blinkie after i get done with personals. I really do hope its ok to type A$$ on here.

Kimberly - how exciting, let us know how it goes. I cant send you any pink vibes because sadly i dont have any :lol:

Barbara - hope your neck and back is feeling better and i'm glad you were able to get back on track after the candy incident. WTG. Also i remembered that you asked. It feels great being under 140lbs and my clothes is falling off. Everyone is noticing and i'm just so much happier. I was around 140lbs when i met DH 10yrs ago so i'm glad to be back. 140lbs was also my original goal in 2005 when i started LAWL. :)

Dionne - I hope your hip gets better soon. GL to your DH on finding a job. I hope everything works out, i'm sure it will. Try to have some fun on the vacation since it is already paid for but i guess if your DH had a job to come home too it would make the vaca more fun. GL to him again.

:wave: Amy, Katie & everyone else out there

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Mama Nicole
06-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Good day everyone :)

No time to play right now.......just wanted to stop in and read up and say hello :wave:.

Debbie.....love you little pink blinky!

Time to change the laundry.............life is finally starting to get back to normal........seems kind of weird :)
XOXO

BarbaraB
06-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Debbie, You have done great! Even if you don't lose anymore before you go on your trip, everyone is going to be so impressed that you are back down so low after having 3 babies. I love your blinkie. My inner fat girl needs a bit of a$$ kicking from time to time.

Amy, Hope they get those logs started sometime soon! It should be so exciting when they actually do start. 3 lbs from your lowest is really quite the accomplishment after spending so much time traveling and having the stress of construction. Life has it ups and downs, and you are managing to keep the weight off. I know how hard it can be, as stuff happens to get you off track.

Nicole, 16 quarts sounds like a lot. I used to grow strawberries (until they spread wildly all over and the neighbors got upset about that) and made some really great freezer jam. Perhaps I'll buy some local ones and do that again. Although I imagine with the gloomy and cold weather we've been having they may come in late here this year. There has been snow in the upper elevations lately. It is rare in June to

Tomorrow we leave to go down for a couple of days in Napa and then a visit with my in-laws. I arranged a wine tour, where you get taken to several different wineries for tasting. I will have to remember to eat something so I don't have katie's experience with the wine tasting. Today we are having a going away lunch for a coworker who has a 3 month sebatical at PF Changs. I don't know what you can have there that is not horrible, and they tend to order family style, so it is really hard to be good. Last time we went there, I think we ordered every appetiser and every dessert that they had. So hard to resist. I think I'm gong to try to drink all kinds of water now. So I'm full of something before we go, and trying to counter act the salt before it hits my system.

jewljz
06-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Barbara- You've probably already gone to lunch, but Chang's wedge salad with chicken is absolutely DELICIOUS! Although it is teetering between good/bad because of the dressing...

gonnabe
06-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi Everyone!
It is HOT HOT HOT here! At least I am getting the water in! I had an okay weekend - not great, not horrible. I needed some motivation, so this morning I ordered a bunch of stuff from Victoria's Secret -- one size smaller than I am now. They had the cutest shirts on sale. I want to wear them now! So, I have been really good today. I even got on the treadmill and bike this morning! YEAH ME! It was so hard to get started. I just hope I stick with it. When I exercise everyday I tend to stay POP very easily. That is where I want to get back to.

Dan - Congrats on finishing the race! Hope your hand is feeling better! What an inspiration you are!

Nicole - Speaking of inspirational, your post yesterday was awesome! You are so right. It is the best feeling in the world when you are taking care of yourself and sticking to the plan. That is where I want to be!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Debbie24
06-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks ladies about the blinkie. Feel free to snag it.

Here's another one i did also if you want.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/debbi2881/blinky2-1.gif

I make them so if any of you ever want one with your own sayings let me know.

amylou7777
06-11-2008, 01:13 AM
oh.my.gosh. thank you all for the support. seriously, it is such an uplifting feeling to know that people you've never met can care so much. honestly, I think I may have just had my turn around moment. nicole, barbara, everyone-thank you!

Nicole, you are SO right. I'm ready to feel good in 2 weeks. TOM is coming and I know it usually takes every ounce in me to stay OP when he is here, but I HAVE done it before and I can do it again. I have been on this program for YEAR?!?! What the heck. Although it's safe to say I haven't really been on this program for 6 mos. I am ready to be back on it. I spent a lot of money learning how to eat right. It would be like paying for class and then not studying for the test. I know better.

Barbara, the funny thing is that I haven't been binging on sweets etc. I have just been plain overeating everything! When I'm reading I feel the constant need to be popping mixed nuts, trail mix, cereal, peanut butter, berries, even veggies-it's like a manic nervous eating thing. It's pretty crazy when I think about it. I did manage to study very hard for finals in Dec without going off plan. I did not need to be eating the whole time, and guess what, I did the bet I'd ever done on those exams!! I am SO ready to be back.

Nicole, you are so right, and I know I've spouted off those words too, "no one is too busy to take care of themselves". That is the truth!

Nicole, your GD is AMAZING. What a perfect little angel. I want to hear more about her!

I am going to make an honest effort to be checking in on here every morning before my review class. I'm trying t limit my internet, but this is for me!

HUGE hugs to you all! Tomorrow is a new day....

oh, PS-as I think about my menu for tomorrow....I have also become addicted to Fiber One cereal bars. They are seriously so good and full of fiber but they also have a fair amount of sugar. I've been counting them as a "lite" althought it's been kind of a joke bc I haven't been OP at all, but I still kind of write down what I eat...a friend told me they are "1 point" on WW which really means nothing to me. What do you guys think? Can I finish the box as my lite?

Mama Nicole
06-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Good morning everyone :)

Amylou.........glad to see you stopped by :) I think fiber one bars might lack in protein a bit.....but I am not sure. If they are, you could always add a string cheese. They might not be ideal lites.....but I am sure it is fine to finish the box. Your eating reminds me of my smoking habit. Ex smoking habit that is........but that is how I felt about smoking, and eating can get out of hand like that for me too. Sometimes it's like you don't even want to eat the stuff.......but somehow your brain tricks you into thinking you HAVE to finish. Maybe it is from being a lifetime member of the clean your plate club......:lol:. You know, when all else fails........you can always blame your parents. It is the American way you know........just blame someone else! :lol: Seriously though....your skinny girl is being smothered.......help a sister out!!!!! :hug: And we have MISSED you!!!!

My sclae is being a total jerk today..........and I don't even care. Really, I don't. For a second I was kinda down about it........but then I remembered that I have been POP for like 2 weeks now........and some stupid numbers can't really change that...........so...........no more WI until Friday. I am sure the universe will be on my side by then!

Katie......how is the new plan working out?

So where is Jillian? And Kim? and Kim#2? And Kristen???? Joni, Pearl, Cassi...........oh, the list can go on and on............but seriously........Jillian.........you have been here quite reguarily lately........but not all week...........are you ok?

Ok, time to go shave my legs......I think I am going to take the kids to the pool...........OMG......:lol:..........seriously, I am going to take them swimming this afternoon............so I need to get my day started. C'mon everyone..........be a POP star today. It only takes 21 days to make a habit. I am on day 15 or so.......and it is getting easier each day............in the words of Rob Schneider from every Adam Sandler movie ever......"YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!"

Debbie24
06-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Morning everyone, its pretty quiet around here huh?

I am pretty excited today because i'm on my 6th day of being POP and the scale said 136.6 this morning which is so amazing. That means i have 1.4lbs to go to reach goal. I'm not changing anything yet because i usually go my mondays WI and for some reason around wed & thurs i always hit my lowest weight of the week but i'm still happy. I'm also super excited because on the scale it said my BMI was 25. 24.9 is normal BMI and i'm so close, BMI is really more important to me than the lbs.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the day also. I'll check back in later on and see if everyone is awake by then. :)

4princesses
06-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Congrats Debbie! You are doing superb!
Amylou, I would be tempted to count those as a starch and maybe a fat too... I don't have a box to reference but I am sure they are more of a starch.
Nicole, thanks for the encouragement!

I am starting a take off today and my husband has asked to go on plan with me. Now that I have the red info for him, he will be joining me in the journey...YIPPIE! I am happy to have him join in so willingly. He has seen how much and the variety of good foods. I hope he sticks to it! I am busy with the kids this weekend and working 3 evenings so I may not be on much. Wish me luck at work! :) Talk to you all later!

pjbeau
06-11-2008, 12:15 PM
So, I've been doing well for a few days now and today I'm down a pound...woohoo.

Nicole - DH is not driving me crazy yet. Now if I were a stay at home mom, then yeah, we would already be there, but I go off to work everyday and get a break. Really though, he's is doing well...goes to physical therapy three times a week...still walking with his crutches, but hopefully he will move to the cane soon. He says he doesn't have much pain, the obstacle now is more that his muscles are just weak.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

jewljz
06-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Dionne - sorry to hear about your stress - it will work out, just remember, you can't put a price tag on time, count the time together as a blessing and enjoy every moment of it! Go visit some of the landmarks or parks in your area that are free, pack a picnic and head for the hills - when is the next time you guys will get to have a summer off together?! Make it a summer to remember for the good things instead of the stress! And stay on plan so you can get your moneys worth out of your last 13 weeks! I have 7 weight loss weeks left and want to lose 24lbs, my original goal with LA was 135, so I'm on track to meet that, but will probably re-adjust my weeks to lose another 10lbs and borrow from my maintenance weeks. I already plan on signing up for an additional year of maintenance to keep myself on track, I think if I can maintain for a year, I can maintain for a lifetime. Where are you going on vacation?

I'm so envious of everyone taking off for the summer - I could take some time off, but we just haven't planned anything...

ferrarimomof2
06-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Good Morning everyone,

Nicole- Thanks for the encouragement. You are always so funny. Enjoy the pool.

Paula- Congrats on the loss!!

Elizabeth- GL at work this week and on the take off today and tomorrow.

Debbie- I am so excited for you keep up the good work and you will make goal before you know it.

Amylou- I am glad to see that you are getting back in the game.

Gonnabe- Those shirts will fit you before you know it. So, just keep on being POP.

Julie- I am going to weigh in tomorrow and we'll see where I stand with this challenge. You are doing so good keep up the good work. I am watching you. ;)

Dan- I hope that the hand is feeling better.

Katie- Where have you been? I miss your inspiring posts.

To everyone else that I missed- I hope you all have a great POPping day. I will check back in later. Please keep praying my DH finds a job soon.

4princesses
06-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Dionne, I was just thinking of your husband and wondered if he found the right job yet. Please be sure to let us know WHEN he does! Praying for the both of you!

*hugs*

ferrarimomof2
06-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Julie- thanks for the encouraging words. You sound like my husband. He has told me the same thing. It is just hard sometimes. I worry more than he does. We have actually planned a day out at the park downtown for the kids and lunch. Our city does a kids day out once a week during the summer downtown and they have clowns, face painting and other activities and it is all free.

We are actually going to Atlanta. We are going to be there for 8 days. We have plans for Six Flags, Stone Mountain, and Dukesfest. Yes, Dukesfest. It is a reunion type of thing for the stars from the Dukes of Hazzard and they have a stunt show where they jump a General Lee. It is actually pretty cool especially since my DH seems to think that he is a stunt man sometimes and jump cars in our yard. There is a video of him jumping a car on my "Myspace page". No, we are not rednecks my hubby just loves cars and to see how far he can push them.

I am thinking of doing an official Take off through the center. They told me Monday that I could still possibly loose down to my goal in 13 weeks. We will see. I had 38 weeks weightloss , 6 weeks stabalization and 8 weeks of maintenance.

ferrarimomof2
06-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks Elizabeth. He had an interview last Friday but nothing come of it. He has been burning up the computer looking and applying. He has had a couple of calls from recruiters but that is about as far as it goes. We would really like to stay here in Mobile. However, a recruiter is calling for a job in Birmingham that would probably be up my DH ally. It is in the automotive industry. However, we will just have to pray about it. There seems to be a lot of jobs in the Birmingham and Houston areas. All of our family is here in Mobile.

jewljz
06-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Dionne - maybe use the purchase of the Takeoff as a bargaining tool - tell them that you would consider purchasing a juice if they would increase your maintenance weeks - someone mentioned that they got some free weeks added to attain their goal... worth a try :) You know they want to sell you something!!!

4princesses
06-12-2008, 02:15 AM
so I did Take off today, I did really good but added an extra glass of pineapple juice (I was at work and needed something to get be charged...) I just got home and am proud I had 11 glasses of water today.. here is hoping SOMETHING kicks my body into gear. One more day and I am back onto plan. Hope you all have a good night!.. off to plan meals for tomorrow and then SLEEP!!

gonnabe
06-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Morning Everyone!
Hope everyone is well! I went strawberry picking yesterday, so there's lots of fresh yummy berries to be eaten! I got on the scale yesterday and was up 1lb, I was so mad. I've been doing so good and even exercising. Maybe it is just an effect from the heat. It has been really, really hot! Maybe I'll try take-off next week. Something to think about.
Well, off to start the day!
Have a good one everyone!

Repo girl
06-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Man, I wish we were getting your heat. We still have snow at higher elevations, and it has been getting into the 30's at night. I am still running my furnace. My poor garden would do anything for some sunshine!

Debbie24
06-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Morning everyone!

Man its hot here in FL. Maybe i'll take the kiddos out for a walk this afternoon, i'm sure they will love that and i'll get some exercise in. we'll see how that goes because its been raining here in the afternoons. I'm still going strong with being POP so i'm really proud of myself.

Just a little reminder for those of you that dont think this already. Think of LAWL as a lifestyle change because if you think of it as a diet in the long run it wont work for you. My 1st round i totally thought of it as a diet and this is the reason i gained about 45lbs when i was preggo, if i thought of it as a lifestyle change i would have applied my eating habits when i was preggo and gained alot less. Lesson learned and you know what i'm so much happier now that i dont think of it as dieting. So what if i eat something not OP one day, the next day or even the next meal i'm going to go right back to eating the way i should. We all have days where you are not perfect but thats a part of life and if we do something wrong in life we dont continue, we learn and we try to do better. Anyway just a reminder.

Elizabeth - Thank you. WTG on DH joining you. Did i tell you that my DH joined me when i started and he lost 30lbs in about 3mo and we're in our 6th month and he's still maintaining and still losing a little. Originally i thought he only needed to lose about 15lbs because he's not a big guy to begin with but he lost 30lbs and he's happy and its the smallest he's ever been, he said he was heavier in HS and that was 16yrs ago. I hope your DH has success also. GL with TO today, you did great yesterday and i hope the darn scale shows it. Let us know how it goes.

Paula - WTG on being down 1lb. Every lb counts!

Dionne - Sounds like a fun trip, have a great time. Try not to think that you wont hit goal, just do the best you can. Thats all you can really do anyway so hang in there. Hope your DH finds something soon.

gonnabe - yum fresh strawberries, i love going fruit picking. Dont let that 1lb get to you, its most likely water.

:wave: Julie and everyone else i missed.

Debbie24
06-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Katie - i would send you some of our sunshine if i could. I cant believe you are still in the 30s. Ugh, that stinks!

Mama Nicole
06-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Good morning :)

Just wanted to share this cute picture of Maria. I crocheted this hat and it has a matching sweater......but she will probably not get to wear it. I kind of figured that when I made it......but you never know, we may have some cool nights. No need to comment on all of these pics I am posting.......I just can't help myself. :)

http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/40305/2320182870099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2320182870099958805fgnoXl)

Wow......Debbie......keep it up, girl. It is soo good to see your positive attitude. It is contagious. :)

Katie.......it is sooo hot here......I wouldn't mind some 30's at night. I so miss my hoodies.........I like to call them my fatty hiders!

Well, I am off to Macy's this a.m. to buy some Lancome foundation. I should not spend the $$$ on such things......but it is the one thing I just LOVE to senslessly (is that a word?), and I have been waiting for many months. I do have a gift card for $25 from Christmas, so that will help a little. I can always tell when I am doing well nutrition wise, cuz I begin to take better care of myself in other ways as well. Sure feels better than fatty moping.

I hope you all have a great day...........and stay OP. Just keep reminding yourself that it is so simple........food is our fuel, not our enemy.....it gives us energy, not comfort.

Oh, and I predict that Debbie will be to her goal by the fourth of July :)
XOXO

Repo girl
06-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Nicole- Oh, how cute. Maria is so darling, I am sure she melts your heart every day. How is your home made life coming? I have learned to make cheese. It is so good, plus it is not really that hard. So far I have made Mozzarella, Cream Cheese, Labneh (yogurt cheese, makes an amazing dip), and ricotta. I have been making them the full fat way, but I would like to try making them with 2% milk and see what happens.

jewljz
06-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Nicole - Maria is adorable - you go girl with the knitting! My mom, sister, and niece all love to knit, my sister was a SAHM (until we convinced her that working at the school was an actual job and she could get paid for it) and a very determined woman and my mother teases her that she looks like a machine when she knits! She says she doesn't even look like she enjoys it! But she makes blankets and stuff - I don't have the time or patience for it. I sew because I can floor it and finish quickly! Kinda the same way I drive...

Katie - let us know how the 2% cheese works out, I would love to give it a try! My grandma used to make cheese and it was delicious! I don't know what my obsession with Riccotta cheese is right now, but I desperately want to find something to make with it before I eat it with a spoon with the fridge open!

OK - here goes, I have posted a BEFORE picture in my profile... UGHHHH! I was searching through my pictures to see if there were any of me in there, I usually avoid the camera at all costs and therefore have a lot of pics of my backside, or me in the corner of the picture, but this is me 2 years ago in Puerto Vallarta (that's the only reason I'm dressed so scandilously! When in Mexico... you know the saying) I was about 175 in this picture. My next project is to post a new picture, but I'm still a little camera shy and so I don't have one yet.

JLem311
06-12-2008, 01:06 PM
hey everyone. sorry for being MIA this week..it has been a pretty rough week for me..emotionally.
so i've pretty much been hiding out and keeping to myself. which is what i tend to do when things aren't going so well for me..and i know it's not good to do that, but it's what i do. it's especially bad since dh isn't here either and he can usually coax me out of my hibernation modes. oh well. i'm sure i'll snap out of it soon. anyways, just thought i'd check in, since i haven't yet this week.
hope everyone is well.

Repo girl
06-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Hey Jillian, I know things get tough sometimes and you just want to hide from the world. I have been there a lot lately too. All I can say is, cut yourself some slack. Be kind to yourself and know that this stuff will pass. It always does.

Debbie24
06-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Nicole - your grandbaby is just precious and her hat is too cute!. You're so sweet also. I hope you're right about me hitting goal by the 4th. Hope you got your makeup, you deserve it.

Julie - You need to post a current pic so we can all see your progress. :)

Jillian - i'm like you, when things are not going as i would like it to i go into hiding also. I hope things get better for you soon.

where is everyone??

cecil
06-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi All! Wow so busy lately, I love the positive energy here today!
I think I have mentally went into Maintenance. I am not losing anymore. And I am not motivated. My dad Suggested that maybe I maintain here and then a little later like after summer try weightloss again? I am not sure what I think about that? I kinda like it since I wouldn't have to be worrying about it. But I also would feel like a failure since I didn't make my goal and for that reason only I think I should continue. If any one has any opinions about this I would love to here them.

Baby is sooo cute Nicole!
Guess what I found out my little brother's GF is pregnant last night. Oh my! I was a little sad at first, but I am trying to be positive about it. He needs that! I just feel like he isn't ready for this, in any way shape or form. But god has a plan and all I can do is support them. I have a felling my mom will be helping them out a lot. I feel stressed about it. I wish I didn't. They have only been together for less then 2 months.

Anyway I hope you all have a great POP day and somebody please give me a kick in the BUTT! I need some reasons to stay motivated! Love all of you! You are all beautiful!

Repo girl
06-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey Cecilia, good to see you!

4princesses
06-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Debbie, that is good for your husband! I was just thinking of the lifestyle comment you made... I really was not looking for a diet, that is why I choose this program. It is so good to live with so far.

JulieZ, congrats on putting up a pic.. I can't wait to see the changes in the next update!

Nicole, I LOVE the pics.. keep posting them.

Jillian, I hope you are feeling better, I am the same as you, I withdraw... hang in there and post when you feel up to it. *hugs*

Cecilia, I would do what you are comfortable with, but just know maintaining is just as much work and you will still be planning your meals and keeping on track. For me summer is the easiest to loose, I drink more water and am more active. Let us know what you decide. :)

jewljz
06-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Cecil - don't fall into that trap, you've got someone telling you its ok not to finish, but you really really want to! Make sure that YOU make the choice and its not by someone else's influence. Just like if someone was telling you to diet - your not going to do it until you are ready, so don't quit (or give it a break, if that's what we're calling it) until you are ready. Sorry to be so blunt, but I would want someone to call it as they see it as well if I was in your shoes...

ferrarimomof2
06-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey everyone,

Just a quick note. I have to go cook dinner. I hope that everyone is doing great. I posted a new thread asking a question about take off/ fast forward please give me some advice. I will try to check back in later.

equinetcan
06-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi Everybody,

Its been awhile again but thats what happens when you are working 7 days a week and its in front of a pc. When I am not working usually the last thing I feel like doing is sitting in front of one anymore. We are ramping up a HUGE project at work and it has meant all hands on deck for our small group of 4 and we are finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully some more downtime in the future.

Jillian - I here ya on the hibernation thing. I do that too.

But here goes for my re-start. Saturday morning bright and early (well when the pooch gets me up so SHE can have her brekkie ;) ) I am starting again. I got out my red 1 book and tomorrow night I am going to flip through the binder again and also the cookbook and come here and get a few recipes to make. Everything has just felt so out of control lately with the work thing and I know its no excuse but I've let it get the best of me. No poor me though. Smarten up is more like it. So saturday morning its back on plan and its back to the gym. I haven't been there in awhile either so by saturday afternoon I'll be in pain - but a good pain!!:carrot:

Nicole - you have such a nice family and you are a great mom and grandma. You must be so proud of all of them!!

Have a good night...must get stuff ready for work tomorrow...

LoisKent
06-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey everyone , sorry I haven't been on much been rather crazy around here lately and I don't have much time now I just wanted to share this with you. Maybe my head has been in the sand but I just heard about this today and thought it would make an awesome tool for us to be sure we are getting our water.

hydracoach dot com this thing won't let post links since the crash darn it

A little pricey but maybe if we look around we can find one cheaper . Anyway back off to the rat race around here . Sure hope everyone is doing well !!

Lois

gramabear45
06-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi there,

Nicole ~~~~~~ You got a keeper there. Cute:)

I weighed in and was up .4 :dizzy: thats ok I was not being a good girl. So now its back to POP.........

Today it was Yogurt,a homeade muffin, grapes,meat caulifllower and later my bars. Thats what really saves me in the evenings.
well need to clean up and settle in for the evening

Got a question??????????????????
How can I get a ticker???????????????????

Help me somone !!

Roma

mazda
06-13-2008, 08:50 AM
I weighed in this morning and I am up .2 from Tuesday but I haven't been cheating at all...why is that? i know its not a lot, but I'de rather be down
.2!!

Debbie24
06-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Morning everyone.

Roma you should be able to get a ticker now, i think its 30 posts. I could be wrong tho. Anyway click on my ticker and it will take you to where you can make your own then when you are done making it copy the url code into the signature space in your user control panel. You click on User CP on the top of this page and then edit signature and then paste the link. Hope you get that to work. .4lbs is not alot at all, i'm betting its water. Hope it goes back done for you once you start being POP.

mazda - .2lbs is nothing, dont let it get to you. My scale has a .2 error frame so if its up or down .2 it could be wrong so maybe yours is the same. hang in there.

Cecilia - i meant to post to you lastnight but darn kiddos :lol:. Anyway i just wanted to tell you that keep doing what you are doing. I stalled for about a month and a half going up and down and would end up at the same weight on my WI day. It was frustrating but then now i'm back to losing again. I know how tough it is to stick with it when you dont see results since i'm a visual person but trust me if you stick with it eventually you will see the results. If you go into a mode where you are just going to not worry about it you will end up gaining and i'm sure you dont want that. Barbara said (and i'm not giving an exact quote) that when we stall or plateau its just our bodies giving the skin time to tighten up so that we dont have loose skin and thats what i try to think about when i stall because honestly i dont want hanging skin everywhere so i believe what she says. If you think about it, it took our skin a while to stretch out to where it is and if we lose quick we will just end up with a bunch of ugly hanging skin so try to hang in there while the skin tightens up and you will be happier in the long run. :hug:

Hope everyone is having a great morning so far. I'll be back later.

aguerin
06-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Hello All. Keep up the good work.

I have been OP for about a week now and haven't really lost any weight. I am bummed about it and I don't really feel good today. So Waaaahhh, waaaahhh, waaahhhh. That gives me excuses for just kicking it to the curb tomorrow for my birthday. Right?

cecil
06-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Ladies! Thank you! I really needed that! I am so happy that I posted. I have really been dropping the ball I even skipped a WI on Thursday. So back on the wagon and going to WI tomorrow even though I will have to WI after eating since I work from 6:30 to 11. I am going to do it! Thanks for all the advice I appreciate it! All of you rock! Have a great POP weekend!

whatazoo
06-13-2008, 11:29 PM
I couldn't believe it, we had snow here on Wednesday. "Officially" 6 inches, up to a foot or more in the mountains. I sure hope it really gets warm (high 70's) this weekend/next week. I'm ready!!

Started maintenance this week. Now I just have to behave. I wanted to try to wean myself from two bars a day, but I don't know if I can or not. Plus, I'm having a hard time keeping my hand out of the nuts that I bought for my 3 fats.

Have a great weekend everyone. Stay POP.

ferrarimomof2
06-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey everybody,

I hope that you all are having a great weekend. My weekend is going great. I am sticking to this TO and I even had a surprise appreciation party given to me today. My son came up with the idea that they should give me an Appreciation party. My poor husband didn't really have any food for the guests except the cookies and chips we had bought the other day for the picnic we went on downtown. He had asked me the other day what I could snack on and I told him and then on Thursday I decided to do a TO on Friday and today. You should have seen his face yesterday, when he realized I couldn't eat anything except protein and green vegetables. It's a good thing the only people my son wanted to invite was my parents, sister, and his parents. So, they all understood. We had a great time just visiting. It was a total surprise to me. I even managed to mess up my DH plans to get me out of the house. I got up late took the kids and went Father's day shopping and didn't get back in enough time to go get my nails done like he had wanted me to do. Oh well, I had told him we didn't have the money for me to do that anyway.

Please continue to pray for us. My husband has an interview on Wed. for a job that sounds really good for him. I just want him to find a job that is God's will and he can stick with.

Thanks for reading my long post but I had to tell ya'll about my son's great idea for me.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

jewljz
06-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Dionne - that is so sweet of your son! How old is he? He can't be 11 because mine just turned 11 and is a total butt! I can't do anything right in his eyes... GL to your hubby on wednesday!

Stephanie - Way to go on the maintenance! I'm so jealous of you right now!

Dan2112
06-16-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm going to start a new Losers and Friends thread, now that the new week has begun...

See ya there!!