General chatter - Things that make you cry

View Full Version : Things that make you cry

Boomcha
05-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Grey's Anatomy season finale.

Still teary :cry:

Although I think the writer stole the childhood trauma story from Dexter lol.

PhotoChick
05-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Everything makes me cry! I have the most overactive tear ducts ever. Hallmark commercials make me cry. :)

Fortunately this TV season hasn't hit me hard ... yet. :)

KateRN
05-22-2008, 11:31 PM
this made me cry! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWNoiVrJDsE

Lovely
05-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Lots more things than you would think possible (if you ever met me) make me cry. Usually sad old men... Loneliness... In that, when I see other people who are lonely. It makes me very sad.

And yeah, PhotoChick, Hallmark commercials make me cry, too!

HarpoChicoGroucho
05-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I cry everytime I see another adult cry -- on tv, in real life, every time. It just gets to me. I'm a big crier -- sad songs (like lost love songs especially). If I happen to flip on of those African children charity infomercials -- I cry. I don't like to see any kind of suffering. ANYTHING on 9/11 -- ball my eyes out. Anything about natural disasters. On a lighter note, Little House on the Prairie -- nearly every episode, lol. Those APSCA commercials on Animal Planet. Cry like a baby. Oh yeah, everytime I look at my ex's facebook.

pipernoswiper
05-23-2008, 12:16 AM
little house on the prarie. every single episode gets me!

SoulBliss
05-23-2008, 12:24 AM
OH! I cry at so many things. Little House on the Prairie too. :o

Optical Goddess
06-06-2008, 08:31 PM
ER, Reader's Digest, some Hallmark commercials. Anything that makes me think of my family, loneliness..today on my lunch hour I was checking out guinea pigs on myspace. A person had a site dedicated to thier recently deceased little animal- I bawled! Lots of tv shows, like "Intervention", stuff on TLC... ****, just thinking about all this makes me misty. I'm the town crier.

Operator265
06-06-2008, 09:59 PM
The 3FC site crashing.:stress:

murphmitch
06-06-2008, 10:03 PM
The commercial for Christian Children's Fund or one of those programs for impoverished kids in foreign countries where the white bearded man shows you the poverty stricken faces of some of those kids. I cry every time I see it. (I have a sponsored child in the Philippines.)

Operator265
06-06-2008, 10:06 PM
We've lost alot of people at work and I've learned I just don't handle sudden death very well, even if I barely know the person. Once I've met them, they are a part of me.

branflake
06-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Becoming Jane. I don't ever cry at movies but I haven't cried that hard in quite sometime and definetaly never over a movie. Thankfully no one was around to see that one. Just me, the couch, my tv and the darkness. lol

GradPhase
06-09-2008, 01:57 AM
Becoming Jane is one of only three movies to make me cry, but honestly that one had me out of shape for several days after seeing it.

Pursuit of Happyness also had me in tears.

LindseyLouWho
06-09-2008, 02:40 AM
Forrest Gump. Oh Gawd. And I've seen the danged movie probably fifty times.

Oh, and another vote here for those Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials. :(

Glory87
06-09-2008, 03:14 PM
I saw a commercial recently - it was a bunch of special olympics kids running a race. One kid is out front, he's winning, his family is cheering. He falls down, the other racers run past. Then, a girl stops goes back and helps him up. All the kids go back, they link hands and cross the finish line together! The cheering parents in the audience are teary. I bawled my eyes out.

I'm an easy crier, though.

I remember one time, I was getting ready for work on a training trip (in a hotel), watching Oprah. She was doing reunions, people that hadn't seen their loved ones in years. Oh god, I cried and cried, red face, snotty nose, I thought for sure I would never pull it together in time to go deliver a training session!

Oh, and the season finale of House. Holy sheesh, that was intense, I cried and cried.

techwife
06-09-2008, 03:21 PM
little house on the prarie. every single episode gets me!

My sister and I used to watch LHOTP with kleenex stuffed under our glasses when we watched. Every single episode, just like you.

I cry watching Marching Bands. I don't know why...it feels like swelling pride or something. I don't even have to know the band or anyone in it...they go by me and I just sob!! :dunno:

EZMONEY
06-09-2008, 03:22 PM
My :p son in law :p

techwife
06-09-2008, 03:24 PM
My :p son in law :p

:lol3: You'll never get over it, will you, Gary. Have you tried the bribe with the car again lately? Maybe bribe the son-in-law with the car to go away?

EZMONEY
06-09-2008, 04:07 PM
:lol3: You'll never get over it, will you, Gary. Have you tried the bribe with the car again lately? Maybe bribe the son-in-law with the car to go away?

:mad: NEVER! :mad:....:p his :p grandparents paid his car off a few months ago....guess I should have had 3 jobs this year!! The way I figure...the way gas keeps going up...since she lives about 35 miles from me...I may never see her again! ....dang :p kidnapper :p....oh wait...she has $$$ and a solid job!

She gave me a book of her wedding for Christmas...had a picture in it of me begging her to accept the car right before we walked down the "outside" asile....beautiful yellow "matchbox" Ferrari!

Hoopla
06-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Has anyone seen P.S. I Love You? SO SAD! :(

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Seems like a common thread here ... we're all a bunch of marshmallows! I've always known that I was a 'TURTLEDOVE' since I was a little girl ~ couldn't stand to see another child alone or sick or sad: had to do something for them for sure. Many of the same as already mentioned -- starving children, sick or hurt animals, bad memories from my childhood, and of course, sad movies or shows. Heck, I cry all the time ~ so yes, I do have a 'heart of glass' ... or is that just a very 'loving heart'?

:hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Operator265
06-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm an miner, not a marshmallow!!! Yeah right!!! I just got to thinking about my pomeranian again and am misted over. I can't think of him for 10 sec. w/o crying again.

Razz44
06-09-2008, 08:35 PM
I cry pretty much anytime I hear stories about sick or dying kids. And any of those animal abuse stories or dogs dying.

As far as TV and movie stuff. I cried at this seasons House finale too, a few episodes of ER have really gotten to me (when Greene died, another one where a baby monkey died, etc).

I watched the movie Brian's Song when the new version came out several years ago, I heard it was really sad and knew I probably shouldnt watch it, but I did and was absolutely bawling. Castaway got to me too, when he loses his "friend" Wilson.

crazycurls
06-09-2008, 08:57 PM
I am a big cry baby! I cry over lots of stuff. My husband tells me I am not allowed to watch Animal Planet when I am home alone cause he will call from work and I will be crying. I can't stand to see dogs hurt, breaks my heart!!! Grey's Anatomy makes me cry alot. I cried like a baby during the season finale!!!

murphmitch
06-09-2008, 09:39 PM
This story made me cry today!

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080609/NEWS/806090319/1001/NEWS

jimaterry
06-10-2008, 01:21 AM
I cry over so many things lol.. if i hear a really awesome singer it gives me goosebumps and can make me cry.. here are a few movies that got to me
1. armageddon- the part where ben aflek was pushed back in the tube by bruce willis.. omg lol
2. independance day - the pres speach lol
3. steel magnolias - sally field at the cemetary
4. forest gump - too many to list
5. an affair to remember- the ending.. each and every time i see it.. i can even be telling someone about it and start balling.
there are so many. .i cry if sometning is sad, sweet, etc.. glad to see there are others like me around lol

luvja
09-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Babies being born, and weddings...ON TV. I'm a nerd. Baby story makes me cry SO MUCH, great show!. :D.

yoyonomoreinvegas
09-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Hallmark commercials make me cry.

Budweiser commercials for me - the ones with dalmations and clydesdales - (not the frogs :lol:) like the recent one with the the theme from Rocky playing? I start getting misty about the time the horse is pulling the boxcar and by the time they "high five" each other, it's all I can do to keep from sobbing out loud. Every freaking time I see it too. I wait for the whole year to see what commercial Bud is going to debut at the Superbowl - even if my team isn't playing.

this made me cry! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWNoiVrJDsE

Awk, I just had to go peek. Thank goodness I'm all alone at the far end of the warehouse where no one can hear me blowing my nose!

Forrest Gump. Oh Gawd. And I've seen the danged movie probably fifty times.

Oh, and another vote here for those Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials. :(

Well, golly, reminding me of the ASPCA commercials just pushed me right over the edge. I'm officially sniveling now........... Don't think I better read any more.

Oh yeah, but I can't forget to add - when I hear the Star Spangled Banner (sung plainly - not all "jazzed up") especially at a sporting event when the Air Force does the flyover.........

just keep swimming
09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
There are a few country songs that make me cry every time I hear them. Why only country music, I do not know. To name a few:

The Good Stuff & There Goes My Life by Kenny Chesney

Don't Take the Girl by Tim McGraw

And oh my gosh, the "hugging lion" anyone?

junebug41
09-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Lots more things than you would think possible (if you ever met me) make me cry. Usually sad old men... Loneliness... In that, when I see other people who are lonely. It makes me very sad.

And yeah, PhotoChick, Hallmark commercials make me cry, too!

Me too! Really old guys who are hunched over and working at the grocery store or the 7-11 when they should be sitting on a porch watching their grandkids. They always seem so incredibly lonely.

Anything having to do with animals. I was watching this special on the rehab of the Michael Vick pit bulls and I was sobbing the entire time.

Don't even get me started on the Sarah McLachlan animal rescue PSA.

shantroy
09-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Just keep swimming, those songs make me cry too! But the one that always gets to me is Who you'd be today by Kenny Chesney. The other one that always gets me as well is George Caynon's I want you to live. Everytime I watch the video to the song I start to bawl. There's just something about country music!

Krazedmom
09-08-2008, 10:26 PM
I cry when I see our military guys coming home. Doesn't matter if it's on tv and I don't know them...

My son went to Iraq and I didn't think I'd ever stop crying the day he left... cried almost as much the day he got home!

Apple Cheeks
09-09-2008, 03:10 AM
Watching anything about 9/11 makes me cry. To this day, and forever, I refuse to watch any of the movies about it no matter how good they are. It's simply too painful, and I didn't even know anyone who died that day. I feel like it's just a big, raw wound that will never go away.

Also, I burst into tears at my brothers wedding. I've never done that before at any other wedding, or even at funerals. Usually I am quite able to contain my emotions (at least until I am in private). But, it was my dear baby brother, there was an empty seat with a bouquet of roses resting on it where my mom should have been sitting (she passed away a few years ago), and for the wedding march they chose a song my mom adored and wanted played at her funeral ("Only Time" by Enya). As soon as the music started I just started bawling (which many people told me later had caused them to cry).

tikanique
09-09-2008, 09:12 AM
I cry every time I watch Steel Magnolias, The Parent Trap (the very end) and Moonstruck. Call me a sap. I can't help it! :lol:

grneyedmustang
09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Anything showing loneliness or isolation.

P.S. I Love You made me bawl my eyes out. I cried through the whole movie!

GONNABE165
09-09-2008, 10:38 AM
I definetly cried alot with ps i love you as it came out just as my dad had passed and my mom kept hoping she would find letters hidden from him

The notebook was another huge tear jerker for me

some many things make me cry i would be here all day listing them. I am a very emotinal caring person.

julie99s
09-09-2008, 11:16 AM
I cry at everything. Songs, tv, people, you name it.

The one that bothers me most, mainly because I'm in a public setting when I do it, is seeing my two daughters teachers from last year (this year's still fresh, I'm sure eventually I'll cry over their new ones too). They both have a slight learning disability, and the youngest (6) is struggling to talk (but ohmigosh soooo smart!), and these teachers went above and beyond for my kids. My oldest was in Kidnergarten and they incorporated her well into the class. She'd work with the resource room teacher I loved in the morning, then go to PM Kidnergarten. She even encouraged my daughter to write, email or call over the summer. My youngest was in preschool, same school, and her teachers had her boosted with confidence and uttering new words. There was also a HUGE change in behavior at home.

It just amazed me how much love these teachers showed them. I didn't want them to move up.

They are both doing so much better this year in school.

Crap, I'm crying again.

FrouFrou
09-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Anything to do with the Troops especially the Toby Keith song American Soldier-gets me everytime
Death of a loved one
Hormones
My son getting married
Being proud of my hubby and kids
A good book with an unhappy ending
A good movie with an unhappy ending
Some songs

yoyonomoreinvegas
09-09-2008, 05:05 PM
You guys reminded me of another one - the movie Beaches.

I had a good friend many years ago who died of Lukemia. She was only 21. The pastor at her service quipped that he had never played to a packed house before. There was every type of person imaginable there - from big tough bikers she knew from her job at a parts store, to elderly people from the retirement home where she volunteered, and every type in between - college students in jeans to business professionals in suits. They played "Wind Beneath my Wings" as her casket left the building and there wasn't a dry eye in the place - even the big tough bikers were sobbing.

piper10
09-09-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm not a huge crier. I'm easily touched, but I don't leak much. :)
Beauty makes me cry, especially the beauty of God's word.

zeffryn
09-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Everything.

Iconised Ghost
09-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Reunions of any kind. Picking people up from the airport is hard because you see so many people being reunited, i always tear up, how embarrassing

aprilcp12344
09-09-2008, 06:45 PM
A new country song... Daddy you can let go now... OhMyGOSH!! I am really close to my father... so this brought tears to my eyes.

Smiling_Sara
09-09-2008, 07:23 PM
when I see other ppl in emotional pain

the fact that i'm not comfortable in my own skin

loneliness - when I feel like I will spend the rest of my life in it.

sad movies ( only if I'm by myself )

sad songs ( only if I'm by myself )

lizziep
09-10-2008, 03:09 AM
you all make me feel like a cyborg. lol.

the only thing that makes me cry is anger and frustration - and that is rare... oh and the occasional hormonal moment that takes over.

A movie that almost made me cry was "Why I Wore Lipstick to my Mastectomy" It was a lifetime movie but I watched it anyway and it was very good.

Caly
09-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Don't even get me started on the Sarah McLachlan animal rescue PSA.

Oh man! I have to change the channel every time that commercial comes on. :( It's so sad.

techwife
09-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Little House on the Prairie. Always. Happy tears, sad tears...there's always tears.

BabsUnit
09-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Seeing elderly people alone.

zenor77
09-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Hormones.

Wifey
09-12-2008, 08:13 AM
I cry everytime I watch the season finale of Dawson's Creek and the ending of the movie "In Her Shoes."
I love that poem by E.E. Cummings...I had it read at my wedding last year. :cry:

:chin: I can't think of them all, but there are at least 2 other movies that I watch and I cry...what can I say...I'm a sucker for a romantic...girlie movie! :shrug:

SunshineCA
09-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Pretty much anything I watch on TV or movies. For example, touching movies, sad news, happy news, inspirational moments, Lifetime, etc. http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/2086.gif

djay
09-13-2008, 10:38 PM
I cry when I am really angry. That just makes me angrier because then I look weak. Then I cry more because I am angrier.

murphmitch
09-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Thinking about my dog passing away almost two years ago.

I work on an OB floor and sometimes the new parents cry when they see their new babies (especially the fathers). It always tears me up.

Beautiful music always makes me cry. Sounds weird, I know.