General chatter - So I made two French Cranberry Apple Pies

Tomato
05-22-2008, 09:55 PM
One is for my next door neighbour and the second one is for a neighour two houses up the street - they kindly helped cleared my sidewalk of snow a few times this past winter. Yeah, I know, the pies are bit late in coming, but I am the queen of procrastination. I started on Tuesday - frozen pie shells were in the freezer. I had the apples, the cranberries and all the streusel ready. I prebaked the pie shells and as I was taking them out from the oven, I dropped one. :dizzy:
Wednesday - got another pie shells from the grocery store. In all the rush and excitement, didn't I forget to pierce them with fork? Both puffed up very nicely and performed some miniature landslide. Off to the garbage they went.
Thursday - attempt # 3. Both pies turned out good (as far as I can tell) - and neither neighbour is at home. Arrrrgh!!!!!:(
No I am sitting here with two fresh pies smelling deliciously on the counter. I have to stay strong!

mandalinn82
05-22-2008, 10:04 PM
If you cut open the pie, you'll have to make them AGAIN. You've already made them three times. That's plenty!

Stay strong. Those pies don't belong to you just because they are in your house. They belong to your neighbors. Eating them would be stealing, yes?

Clydegirl
05-22-2008, 10:15 PM
That sounds good. Stay strong they are not for you.

Is there a low calorie version?