Old 05-22-2008, 04:09 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Default back to calorie counting.

Hi, I'm introducing myself. I use to count calories all the time when I lost weight before. But I realized that what I was eating wasn't exactly healthy even though i met my caloric goals for the day so I went on a different plan.

But I'm back to calorie counting now and I like it a lot more than any other diet I've tried because it fits in with my life. With the advice on this board, im eating more veggies, more protein, and carbohydrates. I put in my information on myfitnesspal.com and it said I can eat 1200 calories a day but when I add exercise, it pulls my calories up. I try to estimate the lowest amount I burned in that day. Like if I exercised for 60 minutes, I put 40-45 so I don't overeat.

oh and for nutrition, it says I should meet these goals;

Your Daily Goal: cals: 1,200 C: 165 F: 40 P: 45

Anyway I ate around 1500 calories yesterday and I didn't have time to exercise so I was suppose to eat 1200. Is it okay if I eat 900 today so it averages up to 1200? I'm so full from lunch today (i have a lot of celery, lettuce in my sandwich and that fills me up a lot) so I think I only want a snack for dinner, or maybe just a dessert or something.

Basically I'm introducing myself to this board. I hope I can stick to this, though I really don't consider calorie counting a diet, it's more of an eating healthy thing so I think I can be on here for a while. I've been good for about 4 days now and it's been very painless.
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:23 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Sweetlovin -

Going low on your calories today to make up for going over yesterday is a bad idea. You really don't want to go below 1200 calories often...it's too hard to get all of the macro and micronutrients you need into that few calories.

Just move on...today is another day, so focus on hitting your target and let yesterday go. No need to be exactly at that 1200 level every day.

on getting in more veggies and healthy foods. It'll make a big difference not only in your weight loss, but also in how you feel!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:38 PM   #3  

I agree--don't "borrow from Peter to pay Paul"--you'll start wobbling on your diet and next thing you know, you'll wobble off. LOL

Just try to be consistent in whatever way you have chosen to lose and it WILL come off! and Welcome here! It can be a bit confusing--find a group you really like and fit into and they'll suport you and you can support them!

I'm in the Calorie counters Chat if you'd like to join us!
gaia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #4  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I agree...stay as consistent as you can...and WELCOME! We are happy you are here.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote