Old 05-22-2008, 03:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/147/125

Height: 5' 7"

Default I cheated, but not really!

Hey everyone, I am currently on my 2nd week of ww. I've done it in the past when I was in highschool with some success. I think I like this flex plan better than the winning points.. yesterday I was sooo hungry after dinner, but ate all my points for the day already. So I ate a sandwich. I ended up using 5 extra weekly points, but I still didn't blow the plan! That is a weird feeling, eating more points than you're 'supposed' to, but it's not cheating!
Asterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Hey everyone, I am currently on my 2nd week of ww. I've done it in the past when I was in highschool with some success. I think I like this flex plan better than the winning points.. yesterday I was sooo hungry after dinner, but ate all my points for the day already. So I ate a sandwich. I ended up using 5 extra weekly points, but I still didn't blow the plan! That is a weird feeling, eating more points than you're 'supposed' to, but it's not cheating!
I actually use most of my Flex Points every single week.

I'd cautiously avoid saying "more than we're supposed to" only because the FP are built right into the plan. They're our points, let's eat them!

They do come in handy for those situations when we want a little more

You could try planning a few into a couple of days to see the results, too!

Flex Points are great

Last edited by Lovely; 05-22-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I agree with Faerie! If you think of it as "cheating" you may eventually get down on yourself about it. Think of it as part of the plan!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

I do know how you feel. The first couple of weeks I didn't even think of my xtra points.. now, I just work them in if I feel like it. I have noticed that if I add a few every other day, I seem to do better at the weigh ins. But it is hard to add those points!
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 167 / 162 / 135 GOAL

Height: 5'7

They are awesome just for that reason!

I had a similar situation last night! I knew i only had 2 points left for the day and it was late and of course everyone decided to stop at taco bell! I knew everything probably was horrible but i figured i still had a ton of flex points and worked out atleast 3 times already this week so what the heck! I got a chicken grilled stufted burrito! ( YUMM SOOOOO GOOD!) and only ate half because i knew that sucker wasn't only heavy in weight but it was going to be heavy in points too!

Needless to say i ate half of my burrito for 7 points ( the whole one is 14) and it felt so great to know that i could still go out of my day and into flex and with my tuesday weigh in approaching, not even having to worry about that scale!
JoDolce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #6  
Getting back on track...

S/C/G: 195.2/see ticker/167

Height: 5' 8.75"

I love the flex points!! I have been doing WW flex this time around for a year now, and I have found over the months that I am the most successful when stick to the plan 6 days a week, and then have 1 day where all my flex points are up for grabs. I have tried blending my flex points in throughout the week, and for some reason that just really slows down my progress. So now I plan my 6 days' meals carefully, and then I enjoy my one day (currently Saturdays, since my hubby has Saturdays off from his job) of treats. On my "day off" the plan, I tend to eat with points in mind until I find something special...for example, this past saturday hubby and I ate healthy all morning, then found a cute little gelato bar. I had a scoop of gelato and discovered it was not as many points as I thought! Then later one we went out for dinner, and while I thoroughly enjoyed my stuffed manicotti (yumm), I found myself eating only until I was satisfied, and leaving the rest.

Flex points are definitely worth it when you need a treat or a break or when you have something special coming up.
leela0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 154/140/ undecided 129ish ?

Height: 5.6

can someone explain to me about these flex points i have the weightwatchers books and such but i have not found any mention of them i am on the points plan so is this differant to flex or is the book just out of date ?

And i dont go to the meetings so i can not ask my leader

Last edited by makelovenotwarcraft; 06-17-2008 at 11:57 AM.
makelovenotwarcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Points Plan/Flex Plan are the same thing. What year is your material from? It might be that they were called "WPA"s or you have stuff that predate flex points - do you have a daily target or a range you aim for? (the range system is the old one.)

If you have one number you're shooting to meet each day, then you're on the flex plan. In addition to your daily allotted points (which you should try your darndest to eat), you have 35 "extra" points each week to spend however you like. Some of us distribute them relatively evenly throughout the week, others save them for going out on the weekends. But the FPs are there for you to use, and it is generally advised that you try to eat at least some of them from the very beginning so when you have to take points away as you lose, you still have plenty to eat. They are there for a good reason and help many of us stay OP when life throws a curveball.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 154/140/ undecided 129ish ?

Height: 5.6

haha that it something good to know i now have days that i feel much less guilty about thank you for explaining it
makelovenotwarcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Flex Points are a wonderful thing! This week I've been trying to stick to my planned points, but I still find myself hungry for a snack before bed, and those FPs are a blessing. I think it's easier for me to use a few each day, but I'm trying to see how I'd do to save them up, too. We have this family reunion coming up on July 6. It's not that there's a ton to get me way off track, especially since much of the time is spent walking around visiting people. I usually just end up taking a weekend day off anyway, but it would be interesting how I could do to stay OP all 7 days, but use up the bulk of my FPs in one day.

There is this killer family recipe for potato salad, and someone always manages to bring a batch. There's no way it's low in points, and it's like candy to me, lol. No surprise as there's sugar, evaporated milk, real mayo and a LOT of eggs in it. I have no idea how I'd begin to figure out how many points are in a serving.

So, YAY for Flex Points! I don't use all of them, but I always use some.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote