South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 06:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Cluckings

Good Morning!

Looks like it's going to be a pretty nice day today. Yesterday was one of those days that if you didn't like the weather, just wait a minute and it would change. I did manage to get out in my garden for a bit, although it was pretty muddy out there.

This morning I'll be running tons of errands for Cindy, and later Maggie and I are meeting friends for lunch and a playdate. That pretty much takes up my day. Nothing exciting to look forward to on TV tonight, I'll have to find a good book to read.

The long weekend's almost here!
Old 05-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there, Chicklets. It's STILL raining here so I won't even think of gardening today. I have clay soil and it could suck me right in!

Hershey and I will do some more quilting today to get ready for my Saturday morning class. After that there'll be one more class to finish the Block A Month sessions. Then I can put the quilt top away in a drawer until I feel like actually quilting it or find someone I can pay to do it! In case you are wondering, Hersh participates by lying across the sewingroom door so I need to step over her to get to the phone in the hall. Good guard dog!

I hope you have a great and productive day. One more day to the weekend!
Old 05-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Of course I brought my own coffee so am happily sipping the xth cup and have extra to share

Cottage - Wish we had your nice weather here but it looks like another new England day - don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change. Hopefully it will be more sun than rain but I do have a rain coat packed. Have a good errandy day. Any plans for the long weekend?
yes, the photos are all Julie's. She's also a really talented musician. She has had a few photos published but digital cameras have really increased the number of people doing good wildlife photography so it's hard to do a lot with it.

I'm still sticking to plan, much better than our winter vacation. I've realized how much I rely on the scale because there isn't one here. Probably good to get away from it for awhile though I admit I'm a little unnerved by not having that morning check of how I'm doing.

Okay, off to enjoy the last full day of our spring vacation. tomorrow we will get out of here ahead of the weekend crowds so making the most of today!
Old 05-22-2008, 06:46 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

good morning Ruth! Here's hoping we all get in the garden this weekend!

Enjoy your quilting day
Old 05-22-2008, 07:18 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Hope the weather holds out so everyone can get their chores and fun stuff done. It is supposed to start raining here later on today and will rain off and on for a couple of days.

Nothing fun on my plate of stuff to do today. Have to start cleaning out my classroom. No more kids coming to classes. So I can take my time and clean out the computers of junk accumulated over the school year and pull down my bullitan boards etc. Actually pretty boring stuff so I made sure I have lots of music cd's to keep me going.

Not sure if my BIL is coming in today or tomorrow...he's on the road though, so I need to be prepared. Not that he even cares what the house looks like, but I do.

Oh, yeah...a bean hint. Yesterday I got home just a few minutes before my husband and had to throw something fast together for dinner at 2. I grilled some lean ham steaks on the grill pan inside along with some eggplant. I decided to also do black beans...I sauted down an onion and some peppers and added a couple of cans of beans to that and a little creole seasoning. But, when we ate them, they needed "something" but we didn't know what. I had put some dijon mustard on the table to use on the ham. I put a dab in my beans and presto..perfect. So if you need to eat canned beans, a dab of dijon mustard works wonders to spice them up a bit so they don't taste like canned beans.

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-22-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:24 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hello good morning my lovelies...

rained last night here but today is crisp and cold. i should NOT be wearing a jacket this time of year.... not a light one either... my NASCAR one... i'm COLD

hurt my ankle last night. i was STRETCHING on the couch... turned it funny and something went POP... NOT good. I'm in the boot... AGAIN....

Cat I'll have to try that with my beans.... i love beans...

hello cyndi, Ruth and Cottage...
Old 05-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/186/145

Height: 5'6"

Happy Thursday all,

I'm continuing on my plan ot get every piece of clothing/laundry clean and put away. It is the first step in my Spring Deep Clean the entire house. I really dislike cleaning, but I love it when it is done.

We are having friends over this weekend, Sunday, and I want to actually feel like welcoming people over!

I'm also attending a party on Saturday and need to figure out some food to take that I can eat, and other people will like. Any suggestions? I was thinking about some sort of stuffed mushrooms and a few other dishes. This weekend will be a big test for me. The no alcohol thing is going to be very hard - starting tonight. Our last PTO meeting at Champs - specifically for having drinks and kicking back.

The weather here is suppose to be nice here - sunny and high of 67.

Hope everyone has a good day.
I really enjoy reading what everyone is up to and getting to know some new friends!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nice to see you posting in here, Vanessa.

I almost always take one of two things to parties - Devilled Eggs or the Taco Bake with veggies and chips for dipping. Of course, I ignore the chips unless I've made them myself out of ww pita! The Taco Bake freezes well, by the way. I must make a note in the recipe.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:51 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i take a veggie tray with hummus for dipping (and other dips too) and/or a fruit tray.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #10  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! All Quiet here on the Cluck....
Cottage - Enjoy your playdate and lunch. Sounds like a really nice way to spend the afternoon. As far as TV goes, you are so right about things not being too good. I am, however, REALLY looking forward to watching the MOLE. I loved it when it was first on, I'm hoping it's as good as those first few seasons!

Ruth - It sounds like you've just got the sweetest dog. Such a good girl! Try to find some enjoyment in quilting and truly have a great day!

Cyndi - Great job with staying on program. I totally understand what you mean about the scale. I'm on it every morning and unfortunately it sometimes affects my mood for the day. However, on the other hand, it also helps me to stay on track. I guess it's one of the love hate things. Enjoy your last night on vacation!

Cat - It's amazing how quiet things get at school when the kids aren't around. It's a little eerie. Keep that music cranked, it should go by faster. Beans w/ mustard sounds interesting...not sure if I'm in, but you usually have such great taste, I just might have to try it.

Nessa - Poor, poor Nessa....you just can't get a break. You seem to have so many things wrong. Take care of yourself!!!!! and feel better.

Vanessa - Welcome to the chat. I'm with you in regards to spring cleaning. Not a fan, and I have to work myself up to do it.....but boy does it feel good when it's clean. The taco bake is a great item to take to the party (Great idea Ruth!). If you like salmon, Schmoodle gave me a great recipe for salmon pate'. It was really good w/ veggies. Let me know if you'd like it.

Me - So happy that David Cook won last night! America got it right! 4 count them 4 meetings today, so I'll be in IEP **** today. It's really no fun, when you're used to be out and with students, to spend the day in a conference room, particularly if it's regarding students you're really not as fond of.....long day ahead! But I'm really pushing towards the weekend. Spring break was so early this year that getting to Memorial Day was quite the push. I'm SO looking forward to the day off. I hope you all have a fantastic Thursday!
ENJOY!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Cottage: Thanks for starting us up today! I'm so glad the long weekend is coming!

Ruth: Taco bake is definitely a big hit at parties...everyone loves it! I didn't know you could freeze it, so I may be employing that when I go out of town for work in July and August. Hope you and Hershey enjoy your time inside.

Cyndi: Congrats on sticking to plan while on vacation! That's one of the things I'm worried about for Myrtle Beach. Seafood and salad, seafood and salad! Enjoy your last day!

nessa: Awwww, bummer about your ankle. I hope that wearing your boot for the day will stabilize it and that you'll be better tomorrow. I'm sending you some of our sunshine to warm you up!

vkbangus: The not-drinking is hard, but you can do it! I'll be starting our deep spring cleaning this weekend with the kitchen. Good luck getting yours done!!

Me: Feeling tired this morning. I really needed Cyndi's extra coffee!! The Spurs lost to the Lakers last night and it was such a gut-wrenching game that neither of us slept well. Too hyper. I tried to read for a bit to slow down my mind, but to no avail. So, we slept late. I did wake up early enough to pack all my snacks and lunch for the day, so it wasn't a total loss. I'll work out tonight and do the housecleaning that I didn't do last night.

Well, off to work. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

hmac: Congrats to you for your Idol choice winning AND the Lakers winning. Sigh for me, though. Have a great day!!

Cat: Goodness! I missed you the first time! Your bean dish sounds like something DH and I would really like. Maybe we'll try it next week. Enjoy your classroom cleaning as much as you can.

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 05-22-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning!

Kim - DH and I are not happy to hear that the Spurs lost

DH and I are going golfing this afternoon - just to get a few holes in. We both have yearly passes at a couple local courses and we need to actually use them. Afterwards, we're going to our nephews baseball game.....unless it rains, and then we'll just go out to eat with everybody

I'm feeling sick sick sick this morning, but I managed to choke down some breakfast. A ww tortilla, egg white scrambles, peppers and onions and morningstar farms sausage crumbles. Mmm.

DS goes down for a nap in a bit and then I think I'm going to do the same.

There are some cute maternity pants on clearance at Target that I think I'm going to go back and get today. a medium brown with a small white pinstripe.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:09 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hello chicks.... it is sunny and warm here today. but I am so tired. I have a to do list that is still a mile long and dd is home with sore ribs today... I can't wait til her appointment on the 30th, I don't want anything to be wrong with her but in a way I hope something shows up so we know what we are dealing with. GRRR. I had dress rehersal last night. That was pretty funny. Did not get to many pics but I will get more tomorrow night which is show night. I hope we do better at the show than the rehersal. Well got to dash and finish the dishes kiddies are all sleeping or enjoying quiet time. And I need to get things ready for the playground and then I have dance practice tonight. Have a great day chicks.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #15  
PinkMermaid-on-SouthBeach

S/C/G: 176/161.5/120 Down 15 lbs!!!

Height: 5'2

Morning all!! It is raining here as well. What better reason to stay inside and pack. I am leaving to go to some graduation parties this weekend. I know that I will be fine this weekend with cravings. I have been doing really well. I just don't want to pack! LOL.
Closed Thread