Old 05-21-2008, 07:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/268/175

Height: 6'1"

Default Still here.

I haven't been around this week, and I've slipping more and more off my plan.

I know it's important than I find some sort of way to hold on and keep going. I've lost 22 lbs. I only have 100 to go.

In ten days, I've lost 2 people, and am watching another die.

One of my close friends died the Sunday before last (10 days ago). She died on the one year anniversary of another close friends death (by suicide). I hadn't even recovered from that by any means, when I was notified that my mother was in ICU. Before this i haven't spoken to my mother in 6 months at least because of her last drug overdose and then her subsequent theft of all my medications. So. Now, my mother who was fine 7 days ago, is now sick and dying in the hospital. She has cancer. She has at least 9 tumors in her stomach that they can tell, and 3 of them are cancerous. Her kidneys are failing, and she's on oxygen because she is having a hard time taking a full breath due to some of the other tumors. My skinny little mother now looks like she is 9 months pregnant due to all the fluid in her body. They drain 3 liters a day, to no avail. and it's hard for me just to sit here and watch her progressively get worse by the SECOND. It's happening SO fast. My brother called me and told me to come see her before she dies and I don't have a chance, so I made the trip. and it killed me. I held the tub while she vomitted into it and just brushed her hair out of her face, and I am sooo angry right now. I was determined that I was going to maintain my attitude and maintain my health this whole time. Then I got up Monday, and my grandmother (who lives with me, who I take care of), fell . I pulled several muscles in my back trying to pick her up.I got her up and got her to go get xrays. Thankfully she only has a sprained ankle. Currently, I can't move without this overwhelming pain. SO you take ALLLLLLLLLLLL of that and throw it in with balancing my full time job, the mortgage, etc etc.

I can't do this.

So lately (and somehow I still managed to lose 2 lbs last week)... I have been slipping. I am so emotionally distraught that obviously, I run to food.
I'm managing not to binge, with the exception of one day when I made myself sick. But like tonight, I just had some disgusting fried chicken and mashed potatos. It didn't even taste good, but I ate it. and now I feel like crap, figuratively and literally.

I'm just trying to keep my head above water.

I literally just want to die.

But somewhere underneath all that, i'm still trying to count calories.

HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA
Czarria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:05 PM   #2  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

I don't think there are any words that are right. Frankly, I think you are doing amazing. Don't beat yourself up it is nothing more than 1 choice that could have been better. The only thing I can say is to put yourself first- even if it is only with food choices. Tell yourself that you are choosing healthy foods because you deserve it- because in the long run it is going to make you feel better. We're pulling for you!!
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:48 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Im so sorry your having a rough patch, hang in there, try to rest when you can and take one day at a time, one hour, one minute....
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I am sorry you are going through this hard stuff. {{{hugs}}}
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

I don't know what to say. May you have the strength to deal with what you need to, and stay healthy while you are doing it. We're here for you.
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #6  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

to you. What a tough hand to be dealt for you right now. Just know that we are all here for you anytime.

Last edited by fiberlover; 05-21-2008 at 10:10 PM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #7  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I'm so sorry that you're going through all that right now. You've already been through a lot in life, and I can completely understand why you feel like you can't take anymore. But you're a strong girl; even if you can't see it right now, we all can. You WILL make it through this, and you'll get back on track with your weight loss when you can breathe again. Try to be kind to yourself, and let us know how you're doing.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote