Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 11:38 AM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default Question of the Day 3/12

IS there anything you feel you are not ever going to be able to eat again due to a control issue, or a trigger?
Old 03-12-2002, 11:40 AM   #2  
Losin It For GOOD!

Yes... probably choclate candies. I just can't help myself!! the 2 worst are M&Ms and Reeses Pieces. I ate 46 points worth of M&Ms yesterday.

Arrgggh.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:49 AM   #3  

Default Pitfalls

Yes, donuts and Reese's candy will never again be able to cross these lips. My doctor joked I shouldn't really miss them-have eaten enough to last a lifetime.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:03 PM   #4  
EbonyAngel

I dont. I am just (trying) to eat small portions of what I like. My problem is I like things that are high in fat! I ma going to have to find a cookbook for low fat foods. Have any ideas?
Old 03-12-2002, 03:48 PM   #5  
Losin It For GOOD!

I LOVE the Light and Tasty magazine.. I'll find out where you can get it. It has GREAT recipies in it, and I think they have come out with a cookbook of all their first years-worth of recipies!!
will post more when I find it. Best part is they do "recipie makeovers" where they take your favorite recipies and convert them to lower-fat, lower-cal recipies!
Old 03-12-2002, 04:03 PM   #6  
Losin It For GOOD!

here's the link
http://www.bettermagazines.net/food-...-magazine.html
Old 03-12-2002, 04:49 PM   #7  

Default reply:Trigger foods

I think my trigger food is Vanilla Ice Cream, I just don't buy it anymore at the grocery store and if for some reason I can't get it out of my head, then I go to the ice cream store and get a small cone. Usually by the time I get there I have talked myself out of it.

Jumping Jello!
5 lbs. by Easter
Old 03-12-2002, 05:37 PM   #8  

Default ~

I allow myself to eat anything I want -- as long as I account for it in my food diary. If I get a craving for it, I plan for it.

I also give myself one day per week (after weigh-in??) in which I am allowed to eat whatever I want. I don't worry about calories or fat grams. So far it is working beautifully. I realize that some people are not able to do this and then go right back to their regular WOE, but Im lucky enough that it's working for me now. My best friend lost 130 lbs a couple of years ago and she did this the whole time. For me, it keeps me from bingeing.

Good luck to everyone.

Gayle {:~D))
Old 03-12-2002, 09:38 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

ANYTHING greasy and salty!! (ESPECIALLY french fries).
Old 03-12-2002, 11:34 PM   #10  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Trigger food?? Just ONE??? lol, EVERYTHING can be a trigger food for me, but what's worse for me is if I'm craving something, and don't get it... I'll eat everything in sight until I get what I want... so, I allow myself my cravings...
Old 03-13-2002, 12:32 AM   #11  
gbo

Bread, fresh baked hot from the oven, wafting throughout the house
delicatable bread , lathered with butter! This can bring on a binge quicker than anyhing I know. Plus I love to make pita bread and dipp it in tahanni. Egyptian style with 8 cloves of garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. AHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh. Moderation, moderation , moderation
it is not the food I will have to avoid but the addictive reactions to it I have to break.
Pam
Closed Thread