20-Somethings - Yay!

View Full Version : Yay!

rockout
05-20-2008, 03:18 PM
So, I've been working out at the gym at my apartment complex. But its really small, smells funny, and is very hot (especially in the summers). All the equipment is pretty old too. They keep telling us they are upgrading, so far thats meant paininting it and moving the old equipment around. So I've decided to actually shell out the cash and join a gym!

Well, its dead at work right now, so I was looking at this gym close to my house that I went to one time with my mom and it was pretty nice. Not only is it pretty cheap every month, they are currently doing one month free trials! So I get to go try it out for a month for free! Plus I get to meet with a trainer twice and I can take any of the classes I want (which is good, I want to start classes).

Its also 24-hours, which is great for me as I usually work the night shift, so instead of going home and vegging infront of bad TV, I can go to the gym (much more productive). I'm very excited! This deserves a dancing carrot. :carrot::carrot::carrot: Ok, a few dancing carrots.

PrettyPaula
05-20-2008, 03:23 PM
thats awesome!

good for you!!

which classes are ya gonna try?

Meesha80
05-20-2008, 08:43 PM
very very cool more dancing carrots:carrot::carrot::carrot: haha

colaz
05-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Congrats! That is a very exciting step. Do you know anyone there? It always helps to have a motivational working partner :) Have fun!

SavingServo
05-20-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to join a real gym (isn't that silly? :dizzy: ) but I've never had the money or the means to get myself there in a timey fashion (no car. :( ).

taragettingthin
05-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Isn't it quite interesting and nice that one can get so excited about gym? If it wasn't 3FC, people may think we are crazy or something. lol
I'm so happy for you! I used to have a membership to Bally's...not anymore, though. I do go to Curves, and do more workout at home...as I don't really have much "extra" time as a single mom with full time job and school... and no gym at my apartment.

sh3l5
05-21-2008, 03:02 AM
im excited about mine too....
my dads in process of building me a shed....
i already have equipment at home....
in addition ill just need a treadmill and a stereo....
i REALLY cant wait....
should be up in the next few weeks!....

LynseyLikes2Lose
05-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Sounds great!

Mango683
06-08-2008, 08:37 PM
I joined Curves back in the fall. For as much as I've seen positive remarks about it, I've also seen many negative things written about it. For myself, who has never, ever enjoyed or been really active in the "workout" world, it's PERFECT. I don't have to plan my workout, it fits into my schedule, the people are so nice, and I never feel self conscious about all the "Barbies" there working out. If it wasn't for a place like Curves, I probably wouldn't have joined a gym at all, and I can't see anything positive about that alternative!