Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2008, 10:45 PM   #1  
Vates

S/C/G: 268/243/150

Height: 5"6

Default I need help with discipline

i have gone totally of my diet. It all started last week with drink after class followed by a bout a weakness. I need help with discipline

I have not been to the gym in a week. the only exercise i have gotten has been a 4 mile walk last Tuesday and an 8mile walk on Saturday.

So for the last week i have been casual about what i eat and not exercising much. Of course i gained back the 5lbs it took me a month to loose, in a week
Vates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:56 PM   #2  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

This is going to sound harsh. I am going to say to you the same thing I say to my daughter.

We get out of things what we put into them. Making our body's healthy doesn't come without hard work and dedication. Losing weight doesn't come without commitment any more than getting a good education happens by staring at a book.

I have a to do list for myself each day. Exercise is on that list just as washing dishes and doing laundry is on the list. These are things that have to be done before I go to bed, NO excuses. Of course from time to time something will come up like being sick or having to sit at the emergency from for 9 hours with your daughter after a car accident. Those are good excuses all others are not. I find I do not eat as well as I should unless I set up my tomorrow meals tonight using Fit day.

For me it isn't just dedication, nor commitment nor hard work. PLANNING is the key for me. We all fall by the way side from time to time. We are human, I am sure far from perfect BUT if we want to achieve anything we have to keep keeping on.

It doesn't matter what you did yesterday. If you learn from it then it is a good lesson. The only bad mistakes are those that we don't learn from. Maybe sit down at night and make out your to do list. Make out a menu of what you are going to eat tomorrow. If you have things planned out it is harder to slip from the course you have set for yourself.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hey Vates,
I gotta say that most of the people on this board have been in your situation and if they haven't already, they most likely will at some point in this weight loss journey. Just pick yourself up and get back on track. You know what works. You know what doesn't. You have both paths in front of you right now, so choose wisely because if you choose the one that doesn't work, it'll get you further and further away from the path that does.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:29 PM   #4  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

So here's what I did to keep me motivated!

Google has a homepage you can edit yourself if you have a gmail account, and it's called iGoogle, and you can load lots of widgets on to it that tracks lots of stuff. So I've got motivational quote ones, and I've got one that keeps track of how much water I drink every day, and another that counts calories when I tell it what I've had to eat today - and every time I pull up a new browser, or go to google something - up pops my page that forces me to be accountable, and it really works. I can't myspace without being reminded to have another bottle of water.

At home (I'm visiting family for the summer, so the iGoogle is keeping me due until I get back) I have one of those huge desk calendars on my bathroom wall right next to my mirror - and I keep track of EVERYTHING on it. Exams, homework, date nights, tv shows, calories, gym plans - my entire life is on my bathroom wall (which could be a little weird - I admit) it's all organized and color coded and filled with flower doodles and cute notes my SO leaves me for encouragement - so every time I go to the bathroom, or I get out of the shower, or I'm getting ready for the day - it's right there staring me in the face.

I've found that huge reminders like that are the only thing that keeps me going. To have a set plan that I can't say no to without being reminded of the consequences of those actions is (consequence being absence of change, really)

I dont know if this helps any - but good luck all the same!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:00 AM   #5  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I agree with luckymommy: A little over a month ago I fell off the wagon for a week, just like you. Regained some of the weight I had worked for 5 weeks to take off. Just like you. Felt pretty sh***y about it, again, just like you.

But I picked myself up by my bootstraps, dusted myself off, and continued on. It took two weeks, but I lost the weight I had regained, and have continued to drop more.

Yeah, I could have sat around and wallowed in my feelings. But that's how I got into this mess in the first place: it's easier to sit around and stuff my feelings down with food and berate myself for it than it is to do something about it. It wasn't super easy to get back on track, but the alternative is no longer acceptable to me.

So, even though you don't feel like it, just try to put yourself on auto-pilot and get going. You can lose what you regained, and you can keep going. Don't think about it: just do it.

Most of us have had similiar experiences with getting derailed, but you gotta just put the train back on the tracks and keep going!
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:47 AM   #6  
Vates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskinomad View Post
So here's what I did to keep me motivated!

Google has a homepage you can edit yourself if you have a gmail account, and it's called iGoogle, and you can load lots of widgets on to it that tracks lots of stuff. So I've got motivational quote ones, and I've got one that keeps track of how much water I drink every day, and another that counts calories when I tell it what I've had to eat today - and every time I pull up a new browser, or go to google something - up pops my page that forces me to be accountable, and it really works. I can't myspace without being reminded to have another bottle of water.

I dont know if this helps any - but good luck all the same!
hmmm really awesome suggestions thanks alot
Old 05-20-2008, 06:51 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Vates,

If you get back on your program NOW, before those five pounds invite a few friends over, then you'll be back down faster than the initial loss. But it has to be now! Don't put it off until tomorrow or next week or June 1--because it won't be any easier then.

I've lost and gained back a few times--I think lots of 3FC members have--but I just learned to deal with it and keep going, not give up.

You can get with it again! C'mon now, you know you can! What better time? Just going back to the gym would be a good start--make a deal with yourself that you'll go there, even if all you do is look at the machine for ten minutes!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:01 AM   #8  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskinomad View Post
Google has a homepage you can edit yourself if you have a gmail account, and it's called iGoogle, and you can load lots of widgets on to it that tracks lots of stuff.
You can do this even without a Gmail account. All you have to do is set up an iGoogle account and you're on your way. It is an awesome (and totally free!) service with tons to offer. And you know you can create a Google calendar to put all your appointments on, right? So you can bring that motivational bathroom calendar with you when you travel.

Last edited by thistoo; 05-20-2008 at 07:06 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:43 AM   #9  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

ive been in a similar situation....
except i dint eat anything....
i bought new scales....
whos readings are gutting in comparison to the others....

now uve fallen off the wagon, so to speak....
you will be able to tell the triggers that set you off....
avoid the riggers and ull say on the wagon....
yer i know, easier said than done!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #10  
Vates

thanks everyone, i am back on today doing well feeling better. crawling out of my rut
Old 05-20-2008, 05:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 299/187.8/150

Height: 5'8"

cool thanks for the igoogle info, im checking that out now!!
gabbnteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Wow I def. needed the lecture from shy moment...I did my list for the day today and I never added excercise and never even think about it until I get on here and check the pages then I am like hmmm I need to go excercise...makes sense to put it on the list just like dishes and the other stuff..wow...We make sure we feed ourselves guess we can make sure we excercise..thanks
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote