Fitness Videos - Turbo Jam Challenge Week #1

View Full Version : Turbo Jam Challenge Week #1

cassangelidy
05-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Howdy guys,

I decided to start a new thread. The old one was 28 pages long. So each Sunday I'll start a new one (unless someone else gets online first and they start one.)

Remember guys, 4 Turbo Jam workouts of your choice between Sunday and Saturday. Put a smiley face in your signature...our goal is at least 4 smilies!!!

Get shaking people! :)

Cassidy

yobi new mom 2007
05-19-2008, 11:29 PM
hi :wave:
I did my first work out today! entirely!!!!!!!!!!!( after 2 weeks of not doing or doing half timeLOL) dear daughter didn't wake up during my work out, so that helped :D;however, we didn't go for the everyday walk because it was raining! I sooo want to try the w/out with the exercise balls, but it is a nightmare to inflate them! oh well :dizzy: .
I also want to try to go to my mom's house once or twice a week, so we can do TJ together (she has the whole selection as well)

Good luck with your workouts! Which is your fav dvd ?;)

cassangelidy
05-20-2008, 12:46 AM
I worked out today for the first time ENTIRELY too!! Yeah US! I had been stopping at about the 20 min mark each time I did it, but not today...I did the whole thing! I guess my favorite is the Cardio Party Remix Live. It has two turbos but it is short (only 33 mins). It totally kicks my butt!! So I like it. :)

Way to go on the workout! :)

RockiLake
05-20-2008, 03:20 AM
Hey Cassangelidy and Yobi new mom :flow2:,

I have not tried turbo jam set yet, but I have really been thinking about adding to my workout regimen once I get Hip Hop Abs down. I just started working out today (it's been a looonnnggg time) :o!! I have read on another forum that the two together does work well.

Have either of you tried HHA? I think it will work for now, but I am interested in getting TJ. Any suggestions?

May you both succeed in your quests and goals....:D:

Npmg
05-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Did my first one yesterday: Learn & Burn. As said before, I can't wait to get the moves right especially with the tuck position

babytil06
05-20-2008, 11:19 AM
hey ya'll
thank yobi and cassangelidy for your reply
i jumped right into the 40 min cardio party yesterday and i feel great! i got the videos from my sister and she lost the calender.
i have a question how do you get those weight loss scales on your messages?

cassangelidy
05-20-2008, 02:41 PM
RockiLake: I haven't tried HHA yet, I was going to make it my reward for getting to my first goal of losting 20 pounds! I have seen a lot of people who do TJ also do HHA. So I think I would really like HHA. TJ is awesome and I definitely recommend you get a dvd and try it out. You can get them on ebay SUPER cheap!!! Check it out! It is totally worth the $$!

Npmg: Nice action!! Keep up the good work and remember to stick with Learn and Burn until you get the moves down and feel comfortable! You will see better results when you do the moves correctly!!

Way to go Babytil06!! Glad you jumped right in and did your workout!! I think you have to post 30 times in order for the "edit signature" to show up. See at the top where is says User CP. If you click there on the left side there will be a link that says "edit signature". So when that pops up, ask again and I'll get you the link.

babytil06
05-20-2008, 03:03 PM
yeah its not there yet :(
oh well today is turbo sculpt day! bum bum bahhhh
so scared !!!! oh well

cassangelidy
05-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Hey Babytil how was your turbo sculpt??

I did Ab Jam today, I know is short (only 20 mins) but man my abs were burning!! Also I eat dinner not that long ago, so I didn't think doing cardio today would be a good idea. Hopefully tomorrow I can do Cardio Party right when I get home. Don't forget to weigh yourselves ladies...I wanna see some numbers drop!!! I am down one pound since Sunday.

Becky RN
05-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Hey guys!

Mind if I join you? I started Turbo Jam last week and LOVE it. I currently weigh 199 and my goal by August 15 is 175. Not sure if that's realistic but that's what I'm hoping for!

I did the Punch, Kick, & Jam tonight and according to my heart rate monitor I burned 715 calories. Yay!

Becky
:smug::D

babytil06
05-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Turbo Sculpt was great i've have the videos for a while but i've never done that one! it wasnt that bad!!! i feel great today not reallly that sore cause i made sure i streached really good i'm doing cardio party 1 today after work got to burn that fat so the muscles can break through !

Becky:
with turbo jam anything is possible!!! and even if you dont make that goal by august if you eat right i promise you will loose something! your confedence will soar and your body will thank you! keep it up your so worth it

Crawford
05-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Yobi,

Have you gotten the Fat Burn Elite set? I was able to get it off Amazon. It came in on Friday. Did CP #2 today. LOVE IT!!! I know I will love all of them in this set. I have been absent lately. Been helping DH with hay. I have still been doing TJ even though I haven't had time to be online.

Sounds like everybody is doing good. Keep up the good work!

yobi new mom 2007
05-21-2008, 12:27 PM
hi crawford: =) :wave:
yes! I got the fat burn elite..i actually have all of the dvd's, including the ones with the ball! The only problem is that they sent me the small ball instead of the large one :dizzy:.. i actually kinda dissappeared from the forum for a while, but now I am back and hopefully I will be able to stay :carrot:. I also couldn't do TJ for like 2 weeks (or if I did TJ it was half way) because I had bad things happening to me one day after the other. DH had to go to emergency 1 day (7 hours wait.,..YES 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) the other day I had to go to emergency! :dizzy:....then something happened to my neck and couldn't move it...doc told me it was called stiff neck and had to wait for it to go on its own.. then a muscle from my leg hurted LOL!. I had soo bad luck ! oh plus baby got constipated and was crying/screaming! :dizzy: Now I don't have any excuse for not doing TJ. :D everything is in place! I'm glad to see you back :dancer:

cassangelidy: I also enjoy Cardio Party Remix because it's short, but I am also working really hard ( and SWEATING LOL). But another fav is fat blaster :carrot: gosh..i actually love that one :o

GOod luck everyone and hope you are enjoying TJ :cool:

cassangelidy
05-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Welcome Becky and Crawford!

Anyone can join!! Goal is 4 workouts a week!!! I don't have the Fat Blaster YET! I bid on a couple DVD's last night on ebay...AND hip hop abs...cross your fingers ladies!! I hope I win! :)

babytil06
05-21-2008, 02:55 PM
I cant wait to get some money for the other workouts, i know that sooner or later i will get tired of the workouts and will need to switch it up
i want the workout with the ball

turbo jam workouts this week: :carrot::carrot:

cassangelidy
05-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Does anyone else have the Taebo workouts?? I only have a few Turbo Jam DVD's:

Cardio Party
Cardio Party Remix
Turbo Abs
Turbo Sculpt
Boot Sculpt

So I was kinda thinking about dusting off the old Taebo tapes and mix those in to the mix. I am afraid I'm going to get bored of my Turbo Jam workouts if I don't mix it up a little.

I remember when I was like 19 and I started doing taebo...it worked SO well. I loved the workouts and they slimmed me down tons. Just like Turbo Jam!! I don't know...any thoughts?

I'm haven't decided if I'm doing Turbo Jam tonight. The last two nights I've had a really hard time getting to sleep and I wonder if it because I am to amped after my workouts. I'm going to try like the dickens to get up early enough to work out in the morning. Cross my finger. :)

yobi new mom 2007
05-22-2008, 05:27 AM
hi babytill06: I did the work out with the ball " Total body blast" and it was super hard, so I ended it half way because I really felt like I couldn't fdo it anymore (yep...I got REALLY tired :o) IT was good though! For me though 60 min aws A LOT! LOL! =). I actually got every TJ dvd because I get *bored of the routine pretty easily-don't get me wrong I LOVE TJ and it has worked 100% for me, but I always need to mix things up. :smug: In my case I am going to go with the power90 program...(not P90X LoL). and I started walking ALOT...so that is pretty good and it makes me happy! :D

cassangelidy: Hi :D sandly...I have no idea about the Tae bo exercises, BUT I do know that mixing things up is always good because your body doesn't get use to it. :carrot: and if I do TJ at night it really affects my sleep (see now is 1:30AM and I am not sleeping LOL!) I really prefer to wake up early and do them first thing in the morning =). Hope everything goes well for you!and the otherSS! :cool:

Giovanna

CurvyBabe
05-22-2008, 10:20 AM
hi everyone:)

mind if i too join in with your turbo jam challenge........i really enjoy turbo jam also,but i haven't been consistent with it.so i decided i'm gonna start using them instead of leaving them collect dust:o

so this morning i did punch,kick & jam which was lodes of fun but hard work,i also used my new weighted hand gloves that i ordered from ebay.they really do make the workouts that much harder.i felt quite unfit during those 50mins of pkj but i stuck it out and i'm glad i did:D

i'm trying to eat more healthier,today i've had so far-
breakfast-scrambled egg on wholemeal toast with salsa.
lunch-baked potato with tuna mixed with salad cream,and tomatos,cucumber.

so far so good:dizzy:
i won't do another turbo jam dvd now till saturday coz whenever i rush in too quickly i always get burned out and i give up.and i don't wanna keep messing around coz i just seem to get fatter:(

i've got back on track today but i haven't weighed myself so idon't know how much i weigh,however i know it'll be more than i've put in my stats.i think i'm gonna weigh on monday and take it from there!

good luck everyone and keep up the good work.

Crawford
05-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Cass,
I have alot of Taebo dvd's. That's where I started several years ago. I felt like I was at a stand still though. That's when I ordered TJ. I have completely quit Taebo and am now only doing TJ. I don't get bored easily with TJ so it's easy for me to keep doing the same ole dvd's. I am adding in the new Fat Burn Elite workouts. Today will be the ab jam and 20 min cardio.

CurvyBabe
05-22-2008, 10:32 AM
hi cass,

i think it is really good to mix up all kinds of workouts as it does stop the body from getting too use to the same thing.the more different workouts you throw at it the more it'll keep changing and the better the results!

i have a few tae bo dvds,i use to use the tae bo original set many moons ago lol
i have built up a little collection of turbo jam also i have:-

learn&burn
20 minute
turbo sculpt
cardio party,cardio party3,cardio party remix
ab jam
punch,kick,jam
booty sculpt& abs
3T
Fat blaster

no more for me lol as i've hardly used them,but thats all in the past as i'm gonna be a regular turbo jammer just like all of you at 3fc !

i think its great to have lots of options of workouts coz otherwise you just get bored.good luck.

babytil06
05-22-2008, 11:07 AM
YOBI: You know what! I've herd that the workout with the ball was hard from some other friends of mine! that scares me ! LOL i do want to up my collection of turbo jam workouts though as soon as i get some money though.

i did cardio party last night, and i was impressed to find that i wasnt as tired to do that last combination like i usually am! yay me!!!

Cassi:I do find it hard to sleep to when i work out at night i watch a little tv afterwards to give my heart some time to calm down then i take a cooling shower and that usuall works so mybe that will help some one

Today is turbo Sculpt day! I'm going for six days a week

Turbo jam workouts this week::carrot::carrot::carrot:

cassangelidy
05-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Yep I have the old school Taebos too...But hey they still play and they still work! Turbo Jam will definitely be my main DVD's, but I think I may throw in a Taebo once a week or something! :)

I also joined the 500 Miles by Christmas thread. So I'll be walking/eventually running AND doing my Turbo Jams!! YEAH BABY!! I'm SO gonna lose this 19 pounds by August 3rd!!!

I just found out that we are having this HUGE family get together in September as well...one the beach and everything...so after I hit 162, I'm gonna try to hit 155 by the reunion! Man WORK WORK WORK!!!

amaxis88
05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Hey!!!

New Member here! And i started the turbo jam today! I did the learn and burn for 20mins then the 20mins workout right after. It felt great i was sweating sooooooo much! My starting weight is 215 hoping to get to 160 by the fall *crossing my fingers*

I'm very excited to be taking charge of my life! Goodluck guys! It won't be easy but we can definitely do it! :-)

Npmg
05-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Ok, after two days of learn & burn, I finally did the 20 minute work out. Wow she was hard to follow at times, arms and feet going in every directions!! haha

Can't wait to get it down. I ordered the taebo today and also a few yoga DVDs so I can alternate.

How long are you guys waiting to measure yourself? I guess Im just impatient to see results, but I know it takes time and lot of work.

Pump it!!

stacysreadytolose
07-30-2008, 04:40 AM
Hey, are you guys still doing the challenge. My TJ is supposed to be here in 1 or 2 days, and I can't wait to start!

Arokka
09-15-2008, 07:44 AM
I ordered turbo Jam yesterday. I need something to spice up my weight loss. In one month I loss 10 pounds or so. I need to lose 30 or more pounds in 3.5 months. I will be going home after 3 years. I was wondering anyone interested in being a weight lose buddy with me. Share recipes, work out advice and what not??

shawnee66
09-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Is this challenge still going on. I just joined this site over the weekend. I've be using the Turbo Jam DVDs for about 6 weeks now. My progress is slow but steady. I love Turbo Jam. Right now I'm alternating my workouts- between the Cardio Party 1 and the 20 min workout. On Wednesday I do the Turbo Sculpt with 3 lbs. weight. I also walk 30 min. on my lunch break.