100 lb. Club - I am sorry I doubted you..

View Full Version : I am sorry I doubted you..

Sandi
05-19-2008, 04:22 PM
You guys have been raving about laughing cow cheese for a very long time. But I didn't try it. The little wedge, the silver foil, it didn't appeal to me. I even bought it once and let it go bad. I was so lost. I was eating full fat cheddar! Silly me.

Today I made myself try it. WOW!! I like it even better than the full fat cheddar! How could I have not listened earlier!!

I am sorry I doubted you.

OnceUponADrive
05-19-2008, 04:26 PM
mmmm....so delicious! glad you've joined the club!

CandyKisses0204
05-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Yumm so good. I eat it w/ everything. On my bread for burgers. Makes a great alfredo sauce... Laughing cow cheese, milk, garlic, little bit of rf sour cream and whipped cream cheese over wg pasta YUMMY. Glad you are aboard the train and enjoying it

fiberlover
05-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Pretty good stuff, isn't it? I love to spread it on wraps and add my lunch meat to it.

Lyn2007
05-19-2008, 05:00 PM
It is SO GOOD on wasa crisps. My kids even want to eat it all the time. Also good on celery!

FB
05-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Now that you're converted...
Sam's sells them for an awesome price. You get three of the pretty packages for about 6 bucks!

PhotoChick
05-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Ok, on the same confessional note ... Wasa crisps!

I bought a packet of these at the store yesterday ... very sceptical. I brought them home, opened the packet and nibbled at the corner of one.

Holy smokes!!! Why have i not had these earlier? I wound up having one with tuna salad on it as a snack and it's YUMMY!!!

So ... I'll join in the confessions ... I shouldn't have doubted the collective 3FC wisdom! :)

Trazey34
05-19-2008, 05:45 PM
do they have it in canada :(

any low fat cheese (except philly) i've tried is absolute rubbish - so i tend to get the sharpest i can find and only need a smidgen of it ....

but i want a cow that laughs too :(

JayEll
05-19-2008, 05:48 PM
It may be available in Canada... Sometimes it's found under the name BabyBel. But it's the same company, just a different name.

Jay

valpal23
05-19-2008, 07:09 PM
it's available in Canada. so are wasa crackers. I get the cheese at safeway in the dairy isle.. or extra foods/super store in the deli.

pipernoswiper
05-19-2008, 08:10 PM
yes yes yes laughing cow cheese is awesome!!!! but now you guys have to tell me where do i find wasa crackers and what are they?? i have a krogers near here, but that is about it, oh walmart and sams do they have have wasa crackers??

dek6
05-19-2008, 08:23 PM
OOOH I love them on crackers. the garlic one is so yummy. the light swiss doesnt have much taste.

dek6
05-19-2008, 08:25 PM
walmart has wasa crackers. they are in the cracker aisle in my walmart but it is the supercenter.

WebRover
05-19-2008, 08:26 PM
The Babybel/Laughing Cow naming had me confused for awhile. I was loving the Babybels (small round cheeses in wax), but confused about everyone spreading them???? :dizzy: Then I shopped in a different store and discovered the round boxes with the silver wedges. Got a LF French onion flavor. Mmmmm! On Lo-fat triscuits. AND HALF the calories of the Babybels!!

Then I discovered my grocery carries Laughing Cow - on a non-refrigerated shelf!?! Next I found the LF swiss Laughing Cows AND LF Babybels at Sam's. Don't like the swiss flavor as well as the French Onion :mad: but it's at the nice price. :) And now my Sam's discontinued the LF Babybels. The pile of full fat Babybels is shrinking so I think they're discontinuing them all. :mad:

Anyway, I'm glad the process of discovery continued, cause now I have choices: LF Babybel or Laughing Cow.

WebRover
05-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Question - How does a serving of wasa crackers compare to low-fat triscuits which give you 7 crackers (120 calories) for a serving? What kind of surface area do you get for that serving?

PhotoChick
05-19-2008, 08:51 PM
The Wasas are 45 cals each for 1 cracker, but the crackers are big ... 5"x2.5" about. And they're a little thicker than Triscuits. So 3 crackers are quite a bit and would be 135 cals.

lifechange
05-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Laughing Cow also has little snack packs in Canada with breadsticks for dipping in the cheese. 100 cals in total and 9 carbs. I like the light Laughing cow cheese as well. I cut either the regular or light up and put it on salads.

Lyn2007
05-19-2008, 10:02 PM
The wasas vary in calorie count. Mine are 35 calories. I know some have less. They are really big, like a whole graham cracker not broken up. I put a wedge of LC on a wasa and I am a happy camper.

GirlyGirlSebas
05-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Laughing cow cheese and celery....this little delicious snack has saved me from afternoon munchies many many times! :moo:

SwimGirl
05-19-2008, 11:02 PM
I haven't found it very cheap over here in Vancouver, it's 6 bucks for each little round thing. Thats too pricey for my blood! I keep meaning to stock up on it when I'm visiting Seattle!

-Aimee

Tonia
05-19-2008, 11:06 PM
I really like the LC cheese but I thought it was only available in swiss...I see that is not true! So, it is available in swiss, french onion and ?what else?

I guess I will have to go a huntin'!

xGurlyGrlx
05-19-2008, 11:47 PM
I love LC cheese. My fav. is the garlic herb. I make alfredo sauce with the garlic herb one. It is SOO yummy. The recipe is in the South Beach forum. I am also a big fan of the Wasa crackers. My BF loves them also! He takes them in his lunch every single day!

BrandNewJen
05-20-2008, 01:10 PM
I don't know guys--- I caved in and bought a THREE pack of the Garlic Herb flavor at my local BJ's b/c I had a store coupon... and I'm not head over heels crazy.

I'm not even a cheese-guru--- I stick to mozzerella, american, cheddar, and parm, usually...

But I thought this had very little "cheese" flavor to it. Very little flavor at all, really. I kinda thought it was like spreading slightly garlicky thick yogurt on crackers...

I wish they made a spreadable verzion that tasted like cheese whiz or something! Something sharp!

Beverlyjoy
05-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Well...now I am going to have to get some of this cheese!

OnceUponADrive
05-20-2008, 05:21 PM
I like the Swiss flavor, it's very cheesy tasting, unlike the garlic and herb which has a little too much kick for me.

HCA
05-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Mmm Laughing Cow! I haven't tried the Wasa crackers though, I'll have to add that to my list.

Farseashore
05-21-2008, 01:30 PM
do they have it in canada :(

I buy it at SuperStore. It's in the deli section in the store I shop at.

I was there today & they had a coupon dispenser: buy 2 light LC and/or Babybel and save $1. It isn't cheap, that's for sure! About $4 per box here.

I like Laughing Cow with a pack of Thinsations Ritz :)

Lyn2007
05-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I really like the plain Swiss LC light cheese better than the flavored ones. It's more cheesy to me.