100 lb. Club - I am so sad

View Full Version : I am so sad

theycallmemom
05-19-2008, 04:21 PM
This is my fur baby Teddy. and today I had to bury him, and I am devastated

ScarlettDrawl
05-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Hugs to you. I am very sorry for your loss.

tkglenn
05-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Trust me, I know how you feel. A couple of weeks ago our puppy died (offspring of our female). He was only three months old but still......I got really attached to him. I was there for his birth and I was the sole care taker. He had parvo and didn't survive. I was depressed for about a week and a half. It's funny how we get so attached to dogs and certain animals. They are family.....like our own children. I don't know what to say to make you feel better but like my hubby said, "He's now in doggy heaven." Good luck to you.

fiberlover
05-19-2008, 04:27 PM
:hug:

barbygirl43
05-19-2008, 04:32 PM
:grouphug: So sorry for your loss

mj5
05-19-2008, 04:35 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

Trazey34
05-19-2008, 04:39 PM
**lump in my throat** I had to say goodbye to my Bourbon not too long ago, I'm barely getting over it now! UGH my heart goes out to you, it's so sad and painful :(

It sounds silly but the best thing I heard was my friend's little girl, about 7, saying "bourbon's in heaven now and it's big fields for him to run around in and never be tied to a leash" it was so sweet and made me feel better.

<<<<hugz>>>>>

xGurlyGrlx
05-19-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss! :hug:

EofAZ
05-19-2008, 04:56 PM
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. This is the hard part of being a pet owner but as hard as today is it does not offset all the wonderful days you got to have with him.

modkittn
05-19-2008, 05:00 PM
:hug: I'm so sorry for your loss

Lovely
05-19-2008, 05:04 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Farseashore
05-19-2008, 05:10 PM
I am sorry for the loss of your beloved Teddy. He looks like a real sweetie. Take care.

SunshineRunner
05-19-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope this helps....

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Ruthxxx
05-19-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm so very sorry. Things will get better but you will mourn your furbaby for a long time and see him out of the corner of your eye. Believe me, I know - I still weep when I think of my dear Lucy who has been gone since last September.

pinkcarnation
05-19-2008, 06:27 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: He was adorable.

PhotoChick
05-19-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm so sorry! *hugs*

Sweetcaroline
05-19-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm so sorry... what a precious face... Its so difficult to lose these pets.. They so easily become part of our families and our daily lives. I have been where you are today and it will be rough for awhile. Hopefully the sad days will gradually become good days filled with wonderful memories. I always try to remember that it is not whom you love or who loves you, its who you are given to love... I think that it absolutely true about our animals.. Take care. and let us know how you are doing... :hug:

Beverlyjoy
05-19-2008, 07:59 PM
I am so, so sorry about your Teddy. He's a cutie! Our doggies and kitties are part of the family. I totally understand the sadness you are feeling. Hugs to you. :hug:

theycallmemom
05-19-2008, 08:21 PM
thank you all so much for your kind words. My husband (God love him) has brought home the goofyest looking huge nosed puppy I have ever seen ! He is a black lab blue healer mix and is absolutly nothing like Teddy!!! I told him Im not sure i want another dog and Im almost positive It is just to soon for me to even think about it - and he told me to bad - this lil guy needs a mom and your it! (not so lil guy the way he is 13 weeks old and weighs 30 pounds - Teddy was 25 pounds full grown) I know his heart is in the right place - maybe this lil guy will grow on me - right now though Im not so sure:(

cathexis2008
05-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Oh... so sad! :hug:

Ookpik
05-19-2008, 10:36 PM
I am sorry for your loss.

PaulaM
05-19-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved family member. I hope in time all your happy memories of Teddy will bring you comfort.

xoxo

GirlyGirlSebas
05-19-2008, 11:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Teddy. I hope your new little guy is a big comfort to you.

I lost my little Cody about 6 weeks ago. We adopted a black lab mix from the pound about 4 weeks ago and he has been a big comfort.

Shy Moment
05-19-2008, 11:57 PM
theycallme
I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is hard when we have to get go of someone so important to us.

BrandNewJen
05-20-2008, 02:13 PM
I hear ya--- we just lost our family dog of 13 years... totally sudden and unexpected. People who don't have pets don't realize how much they truly become part of the family. Sorry to hear of your loss.

I personally would have been extra upset if I was brought a new one RIGHT after!!! I mean, it's a family member who you lost! Like, if my husband died, would I go out and get a new one the next day? Youch... but, that's a man for you. Their HEART is in the right place... they just don't always think it through! :) best of luck to you.