LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers May 19-25th

View Full Version : Friends and Losers May 19-25th

Kimphin
05-19-2008, 09:40 AM
OK, the world has gone crazy - if I'm the first person to post this week!! Where are all of you????

Had a great weekend - the golf tournament was fun. It rained just as the leaders were coming up the 18th hole, so we did not get too terribly wet. When we arrived at our hotel (I won't name it, but it rhymes with Chariot) they had GIVEN AWAY one of our credit-card held rooms, that we had confirmed the reservation on THAT morning. Needless to say, not a lot of available rooms near the Meadowlands at 11pm during prom/graduation/golf tournament/all other sports season. Our friends were given a room at another hotel for the night, but the clerk told us the hotel was 5 miles away- NOT!. Well, the private driver picked them up, and by the time they got to the hotel it was 2 am. Ugh.

SO, I feel all bloaty and yucky. I think I am going to do a TO tomorrow and Wednesday - just too much eating out this weekend.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Debbie24
05-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Morning Everyone!!

Just thought i'd stop in and say :wave: really quick. I havent been around much but i'm still trying to stick with it. Almost to goal so i'm motivated. I hope everyone is doing great. I'm going to try to keep up with week. When i come back sometimes and this post is like 4 pages long i just cant catch up. :lol:

Kim - GL on TO, sounds like you had a good weekend except for the hotel mixup, how horrible!

Have a great day everyone, off to change the ticker!

Repo girl
05-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Morning everyone! Lets have a perfect week, shall we? I want to get back into all of those cute summer clothes calling my name in my dresser!

pjbeau
05-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Good Morning!

I'm trying to get back on track today. Boy do I need to drink a ton of lemon water...so puffy. DH is being transferred to the rehab center today...finally. Hopefully, he will only be there about a week. So, I know I won't be able to be POP, but I'm going to put forth a better effort at staying OP.

Have a great day!

Repo girl
05-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Thats good news about DH Paula. Just do the best you can.

Okay, where the heck is Nicole? She has not been here in 2 days. I am starting to wonder if we are cyber aunts yet.

MomOfThreeTeens
05-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Nicole!!!!! Thank you for missing me!
Eating has been terrible. I need to check in here more often. I tend to eat better when I "hang out" with you guys!
We got new appliances so our kitchen was torn all apart so no cooking for a few days. Needless to say we didn’t make the greatest choices. But my kitchen looks amazing! And DH has really stuck to the new way of eating. He's lost 9 pounds.
Me and my sister and 6 of our cousins went out Friday night to a Japanese place where they fix the food at the table. It was yummy and we had a blast. The salt about killed me! My fingers were so swollen Saturday morning that my rings hurt! From there we went to a karaoke bar and listened to some music, haven’t done anything like that in a LONG time!
Today is a new day! I packed my lunch last night so no excuses for poor eating at work today. 2 more days of school then off for the summer, ahhhh! LOL
This time last year I was anxiously awaiting for my TT surgery. I can’t believe it’s been a year! Thursday will be my 1-year Tummyversary!
Nicole-I had 3 c-sections and the two planned ones were SO easy compared to labor. I know you don’t want her to have to have surgery but whatever is safest for her and the baby and her scar will be hidden.

Congrats to Amy on your engagement, your ring is gorgeous!
Congrats to other Amy on your graduation, you looked amazing in your cap and gown!

Paula-Glad DH is on the mend.

Michelle-I have a son that age, I can’t even begin to imagine how scared you were. Glad things are looking up!

Julie-Hang in there girl, you’ve done so amazingly well, keep up the good work!

Stephanie-I got more excited about another dairy than I did about another starch. All the counselors laughed at me!

Good morning Katie and Debbie and Numba One Kim, and Dionne and Dan and Jillian and Cecilia and Tracy and everybody else I cant remember without going back a page, forgive me! LOL

Here’s to an amazing week!

Kimphin
05-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Grammie Nicole.... Yoo Hooo?? We need an update!

Kim#2 - Oooh - new kitchen! New inspiration to make OP food. Happy anniversary for you and your new belly button, LOL.

Debbie - I guess in the long run, I saved a couple hundred dollars for the trouble, so it's all good!

Paula - That's great news - I hope the rehab goes smoothly and DH is home by the long weekend. Take care of yourself, too, remember.

Katie - cute new summer clothes? ****, I can't wait until my tired old clothes fit better. But hey, they already are!

OK - checking in here to go search some recipes.... see ya'll later.

Dan2112
05-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Hey gang..

Hope you're all off to a great week...

You know, it's amazing.. You know I've often alluded to the good feeling I get when I shop and see what other people have in their carts and boy was that ever evident this weekend during the weekly "me time" trip to Wal-Mart...

As I was in the check out line with my numerous bags of veggies, fruits, skim milk, low fat yogurt and fiber rich foods, I spied the people behind me..

Now, for reference sake, neither of the couple was visibly overweight.. Quite the opposite for the guy, in fact.. He obviously works out.. But their cart was full of several kinds of chips, different kinds of cookies, 4 or 5 loaves of plain white bread, at least a half dozen cans of vienna sausages, and all kinds of other stuff that shouldn't be eaten on a regular basis.. My thought is that they must have a bunch of kids at home to nessesitate that many loaves of bread. But even so, to be feeding your kids all that junk..

It honestly made me kind of sick to my stomach.. Now truth be told, I missing having chips and crackers around the house, but I know better now.. Those kinds of trigger foods do nothing but want to make me eat more, so we don't keep them around.

It's seeing things like that which make me feel really good about the choices we make.. We're not sacrificing ANYTHING in order to make ourselves healthier except fat and calories.

Kimphin
05-19-2008, 12:57 PM
6 cans of vienna sausages????

I can feel the nitrates from here.

JLem311
05-19-2008, 03:12 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd stop by and say hi.
my walk on saturday was great! :)

ferrarimomof2
05-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Hey everyone,

Just got back from WI and was up a 1.5 lbs. I hope it is from the extra starch and salt on my chicken Saturday night and deer meat twice yesterday. My counselor also told me it could be because I had just came from the tanning bed. I thought the tanning bed took water out of you. Oh well, it will be gone hopefully with at least one friend when I go WI on Friday. I have to pick an outfit for my picture for the paper. I have no idea what to wear.

I can't wait for school to get out. I am so excited about my DS being home for the summer. My DH says he thinks I am more excited than my son. I love having the kids at home and spending time with them. I plan on spending some one on one time with DS this summer. He is starting to develop a weight problem and I need to get him to exercise more. Any suggestions would be great. He eats pretty healthy and always has. However, he has started to eat when he is bored or unhappy and it has packed on about an extra 20 lbs he doesn't need. He will be 7 in July and I need to help him slim back down. I don't want to cause a complex for him. However, I know that kids at school can be mean and I don't want him to go through in school what I did. So, we will be exercising together.

I hope everyone has a POP day. So, no personals right now. I have to go finish a scrapbook for the teacher. Oh, me and my bright ideas at the last minute.

Have a great day.

bradleys mom
05-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi, just wanted to stop in and say I am still here! The baby is growing and so is my belly... (Okay maybe not from the baby... I am out of control with my eating!!!)

Hope everyone is doing good!

Mama Nicole
05-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Hi friends :)
No baby.......no labor.......I have just been super d duper busy these last couple of days. DH is in sunny florida.......and that's all I have to say about that. :)

Katie..congrats on getting to move that ticker. It feels soooo good, doesn't it?

I don't have time for personals.......I have a bit more laundry to put away, and then have to help DD organize and tidy up her room. I also found out that not only my sis is comming on friday, but so is my nephew, mom, and dad. I know emily will be happy.....and I will be happy to have them here too..........it's just that with numbers there is always more chaos......and I was so looking forward to a few days of quite. :lol: :lol: :lol:. Who the **** am I kidding.........it is NEVER quiet here.......:lol:.

Dionne.......I am with you......I am very anxious for the kids to get out of school. Mine have like a week left :) As far as your boy goes.........I would try to engage him in as much playing outdoors as possible. Unplug that TV and computer. Give him water......and I don't mean to drink..........to play in..........whether it is in a pool, a sprinkler, a slip and slide....or just the hose. My kids will stay outside as long as the water is on, :lol:. Yeah, the water bill goes up........but it is a small price to pay for the endless entertainment and exercise it provides the kids. Also......plant a small garden with him. It is so exciting to see how things change on a daily basis. Another good idea is to google all the the parks in your area (and beyond if you like) and make a plan of how you can visit a whole bunch of them before school starts again. Let him decide where to start and go from there. I really think the art of playing is dying in our society. We tend to over entertain our kids. Giving them a few simple things.....like water, sand, a bat and ball, basketball hoop.....chalk.....bike.......bubbles.....etc can help them be creative and develop of sense of self. Interacting with neighborhood kids is also soo important. It gives our kids a sense of community. It makes them better citizens...........Oh......listen to me........the teacher wanna be in me is going crazy right now...:lol:. Anyway......you get my drift.......simple, uncomplicated outdoor fun always seems to be the least stressful, most enjoyable way for my kids to stay moving :)

Ok, time to make the doughnuts..........I WISH........:lol:. Time to change the laundry........ :)
XOXO

tje4481
05-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi Everyone!

It was a good weekend for me. Worked on Saturday, but that's normal for me. Yesterday, I just relaxed...amazing how good that felt!

Sounds like everyone was busy. Most of you, more so than I.

My oldest nephew had his Senior Ball this weekend. We all converged on him and his girlfriend to take pics! What a riot that was...lol! Besides his parents (my Brother and SIL), 2 of his other Aunts, myself and a Gramma, her parents and her Dad's fiance' were there. Luckily, the rain stopped and the sun came out for the rest of the evening. Apparently, they had a good time and he didn't get home until 9:30 yesterday after the party they had for rollerskating afterwards. Having no kids of my own, my nephews are always great about keeping me in the loop!

Dan - always good insight into our challenges and it's effects! Keen observation is always a plus! I should try that too at the store!

Paula - Glad things are looking up!

Nicole - Jeesh! You have so much company! How do you do it? As far as the assesment of kids playtime, I agree! The 'artist' in me says that children don't use their imagination as much as we did when we were kids. Too much is already done for them! What is going to happen to this world when there aren't any dreamers left?? I can imagne that when I was a kid, I probably built enough 'Barbie houses' out of cardboard boxes to fill a city! Always looking for 'stuff' to make furniture and cool wrapping paper to wallpaper them etc, etc.! Ahhh....those were the days! :-)
BTW...my fingers are crossed for a smooth delivery of that new grandchild of yours!

Always, Tami

BarbaraB
05-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Dionne, You are noticeably thinner in your profile picture. No wonder your COD wants to put you in an ad.

Nicole, it sounds like you are likely to have lots of help if the baby can just hold off until Friday to arrive. Your family is there to help you. Really that is great that they all want to be there... although it does seem rather like a bit of chaos.

I am doing a TO today. My DH is having a colonoscopy tomorrow so he can't really eat until tomorrow night, so I thought.. good time to do a TO. Plus I have need to get more focused. I never should have bought that costco thing of cashews. I can't seem to limit myself to the proper portions when there is a big jar right there in my kitchen. I seem to get weak and pop an extra little bit into my mouth before I've even really registered that I should not be doing that. Often times, just putting things out of easy reach is enough to keep me from eating it.. I still have the impulse, but I can get it back under controll before I've consumed the contra-band.

Dan2112
05-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Morning ladies...

Dionne.. I know what you're going through with your DS... Luckily, kids being who they are, if the problem is recognized early on, their bodies can respond a lot faster than ours..

I think first you have to make sure that you do for him, what you've done for yourself.. Remove the offending foods from the home that, while you might not like, he loves... It's hard not to have some chips and cookies laying around for the kiddos but you've got to really cut them back. If it's not food he's getting at home, where is he getting it? Do you make his lunch every day, or does he eat cafeteria food at school..

I've found that the food at school, while perhaps meeting minimum nutrient standards, is so process and full of other junk, that it can be a detriment.

Also, activity is a big issue.. The summer months can be full of outdoor running around or indoors, beating the heat.. You've gotta get him outside and running around.. Just make sure that when he's done, he doesn't load up on carby foods and sodas...

My DD is having the same issues.. She's getting a belly and so this summer will be spent working on getting rid of it..

Jillibean1
05-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi! I've been away for awhile, but I'm back in the game doing this on my own. I went through the two day fast forward with the oranges and went down 5 pounds. I readjusted all of my stats...depressing to have to have a new high starting weight. At least it wasn't quite as high as the last time I was on this diet. So, today's the first day on the blue plan. I will try this with my best resolve. Everybody have a good day. Jill

ferrarimomof2
05-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Dan- Thanks for the advice. I definitely agree with you on getting the yuck food out of the house. I have sadly been slacking on that. He doesn't eat a lot of junk food however it is here for the rest of the family. Although, I am definitely getting it out of the house, I had a really bad night last night and found myself eating stuff I shouldnít have. He did eat lunch at school and I agree that a lot of that is junk food in itself. I have already told him that I think he will be taking his lunch next year. I think his main problem is exercise. We plan on doing a lot of exercise outdoors in this Alabama heat and humidity.
I meant to tell you yesterday that I tend to do the same thing at the grocery store. It is funny how things change when you start taking care of yourself. I have noticed that I only shop the outside of the store for the most part. So, if I need something from the middle it better be on a list or I donít pick it up. This sometimes makes for extra trips to the store over stuff I forgot.

Nicole- I agree with you that we as a society tend to over entertain our kids. And I am sad to say that I have fallen into that trap. I intend on getting out of it this summer. Thanks for the advice. I hope that things are going great for you and your family.

Barbara-Thanks for the compliment I hope that things go good for DH and you on TO. I know the feeling about buying stuff and having trouble controlling impulse.

I hope that everyone has a great day. I am going to be POP today. I have had trouble doing that the past couple of days. I just made my grocery list and I am off to go shopping for DSís end of year party and teachers gifts along with grocery shopping and I still have to finish that scrapbook. So, I guess I better get off here.

Have a great day.

ferrarimomof2
05-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Welcome back Jill

Repo girl
05-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Morning everyone! Lets have a perfect day, okay!

Nicole- I hope that all is well on the home front! Are you planting a garden this year? I am planting a huge one. We converted our flower beds in front of our house into a big garden. That way I have time to work on it during the day, like at naptime.

loserjulie
05-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Good Morning everyone. Just wanted to check in. I can't tell you how nice it is to come here and read what everyone is up to. I'm getting ready to move and I'm dreading it. My kitchen will be packed up and I know it will be tough to be POP. Planning on keeping a cooler nearby with veggies and other healthy things. Nicole, I'm so excited for you, I love babies. Have a perfect day everyone!!

Mama Nicole
05-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Good morning :) No baby yet :( Actually, I am glad for that.....I am still hoping the little stinker turns around!!! We go to the doc tomorrow....and that will be the decider.

I so agree with you, Dan.......about removing the junk. You will flip when you hear this, but my 17 yo. DD actually told me a couple of days ago that she is so glad that I never kept much junk in the house for them to eat on a regular basis. The naughtiest treats the kids normally get is home baked goods (my downfall).....but that is quite sporatic. And, this has not necessarily always been a consious thing..........it is due to the simple fact that we purchase groceries for 7. I rarely use prepared foods. We make just about everything around here. Anyway, DD told me that all of her friends that always have, "the good food, soda and juice," are all soft. :lol:. But she is right.....they are not necessarily large children.........but they are soft. I am happy to report that I have 4 out of 5 very lean children. So, I am thankful that our budget has helped determine our grocery order. I am also thankful that I participated in the Child and Adult Food Program when I did daycare. I learned a lot about portion size and nutrient packed foods and how to provide them on a budget. I still remember that for breakfast the kids had to have at least 1 whole grain, one fruit, and one dairy......lunch was one protein, one whole grain, two of either veggies or fruit, and one dairy. Each snack had to contain one whole grain and one fruit or veggie. Seems so simple when you look at it in print......but this can be very time consuming to try to find fun ways to get the kids to actually eat it. I always found in season fruit was always golden. Now, all that being said........DH makes a bit more money now.......and I have to consciously avoid many prepared foods.....and it royally sucks. I love cooking......and I make time for it most days......but it is sooo tempting to fall into the frozen section....:lol:.

Katie.......we planted romaine lettuce, sweet onions, yellow onions, peas, tomatos, and jalepeno peppers so far. Everything is right along my front bed, which has also been converted from a flower garden and for the exact same reason.:lol:. We have a small tomato patch in the back corner of the yard. We have not decided if we are going to plant the farmer's garden or not yet......with the baby on the way and a bit more travel planned this year......it might not be worth it. Here in St. Louis.....you have to water at least once a day. I don't know if I want to be tied down to that.....but I so want to plant some pickling cucumbers.....they are sooo delish. We have to decide pretty soon.......I just don't know if I want to dedicate 1-2 hours a day to gardening............

Welcome back, Jill.

Julie......I am sooo excited too.......I can hardly stand it!!! There hasn't been a baby in the family since Andrew.....and he will be 4 in October.

At least this baby appears that she is going to wait for her Grandpa to get home :) DH flies in at 4:45 this afternoon! WHOOOOOHHOOOO!!!!

Ok, time for me to get in the shower.....my day is so off already.......:lol:........hi to everyone I didn't mention yet!!! I hope you are all having a great POP day. I had a couple of oopsies here.....but I think I am one with my POP today ;)
XOXO

Kimphin
05-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Good morning everyone!

Well, I decided against doing a TO. I've been pretty good about being OP, so I am continuing with it. On TO I just think about food contantly, so I want to aviod that.

I sent away to Luna for 2 boxes of bars (chai and choc raspberry) they came really quickly, and much cheaper than retail. I love the chai ones and read that they may be discontinuing them, so I jumped! (not discontinued yet - yay)

School budget vote statewide today, so I have to go "volunteer" to work the polls later - ie - sit around for a few hours bored to death in the HS gym. Our budget should pass - the community is very supportive.

Time for a veggie! Bye all!

Mama Nicole
05-20-2008, 12:32 PM
and Katie......I see your ticker is moving along nicely :) WTG!!!
XOXO

Repo girl
05-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Yep, it is going really well!

gonnabe
05-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi Everyone!
Hope everyone is doing well! It has been crazy around here lately, so I haven't gotten a chance to check in here.

Dan - Thanks for the info. on the cheese last week!

Have a great day!

BarbaraB
05-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi All, Second day of TO. Gee whiz, no wonder I haven't done this in awhile. already ate my "lunch" by 11. Still have an orange left for the rest of the work day and it is 11:22. I better save it for later.

I just realized that it has been a whole year since I hit stabilization. Somehow a year ago I had a fantasy that I would be effortlessly thin by this point in time, but I'm not. I still have to keep fighting to get my weight back down over and over again, but I know if I didn't fight it, that I'd find myself back close to where I was when I started.

Mama Nicole
05-20-2008, 05:43 PM
man.......your inner fat girl is one tough cookie :) No match for you though :) Hang in there, Barbara.....the day is almost done......and you can have a big a$$ salad when you get home :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
05-20-2008, 05:44 PM
5 days till DD's due date :)

BarbaraB
05-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Nicole, Thanks.... My inner fat girl get rather mouthy when I'm hungry. I will go here soon and pick my DH up from his colonoscopy and go and feed him, and I plan on having a rather large and probably not totally in line with the whole TO thing salad... I'm not concentrating well at work knowing what he is going through anyway... well that and the no food... that last orange is now long gone.

5 Days! wow... that is soon. Is your DD nervous about the birth at all?

aguerin
05-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Hello all -

I'm in Tampa this week. I don't like traveling anymore. I'm staying on a street with nothing but Italian Restaurants. Seriously, pasta is not on th plan, but not much I can do about it for now. My inner fat girl is going to take over if I don't do something quick.

I hope everyone has great plans for Memorial Day weekend. I will probably be trying to recover from pasta week.

Nichole - Can't wait for the new baby, please don't make us wait when she/he arrives. I know you will be busy, but we will be anxiously awaiting also.

Good Luck all for the rest of the week. I am going to try to do some better planning for tomorrow. Does it count as a TO if you just skip eating the whole day? I honestly can't say I can remember a place around here that would have salad. The conference center I am at only has bar type food so that is no good. Oh Well, theres always tomorrow, and then tomorrow, and then tomorrow......

tje4481
05-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Hello all you great people!

It's been a busy day, but I'm about ready to hang it up and hit the sack. Not a bad day, just busy dealing with freaded auditors. Why must they always want to bug me and ask questions just before I take a few days off for vacation??? ;)

I'm taking next week off and going to work the flower gardens and then just my a$$ on the porch and read a book or two! Well, that's probably not all I'll do, but at the moment, that sounds rather ideal!

Well, just a quick check in to see if there's any new babys around here...:-)

Have a good day tomorrow everybody, Tami

gramabear45
05-21-2008, 01:34 AM
I have been AOL.
Things going on here that I am not able to talk about now.
Lets just say teenagers are not my fav right now. the GS. :mad:
I did loose 2 pounds as of last thurs. I should have gaines 50. I am an emotional eater.
Well just a short check in for now.
Roma

Repo girl
05-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Roma- Sorry things are so tough right now.

Kimphin
05-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Hi all -Happy day here, our budget passed. A lot of other school districts around us did not. Whew!:yay:

I really need to get back on the exercise wagon. I feel like a total schlump. DH has been keeping to a schedule of working out 3 days a week - I'm very proud of him (in a really jealous of his thin-ness, never had a weight problem way). Sigh. We are supposed to golf this afternoon - but they are forecasting showers.

Roma - sorry things are still difficult with GS. One can only hope that someday he will recognize how much you love him.

Tami - Ugh- auditors. Please, this place is lousy with them! Internal auditors this week - external auditors next week! MAKE IT STOP!!!!! I hope you can exterminate them soon. (oh - I used to be an auditor ;) )

Nicole - You know me well - laughed my butt off this morning! I fully expect you to make fun of me when I do something stupid! Today's the day for the Dr, right? good luck - hope she's scooted around.

Barbara - Wow, one year of maintenance! congrats!

Back to work. I'm sure all of the teachers want to spend next years budget already.

Mama Nicole
05-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Good morning :)
Before I forget, here is a picture of my DD, Emily.......
http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/29776/2764625470099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2764625470099958805QLUxtS)
Doesn't she look adorable.
I will try super hard to let you all know when the baby comes asap. I cannot think of anything else right now....:lol:.

Laurie......how are your grandbabies?

Ok, sorry, I am a bit distracted........and I have to get a few things done before the doctor..........so I will check in in a bit :)

Have a great day everyone........and BE GOOD!!!!
XOXO

dawn78
05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Nicole - I only wished I looked that cute when I was preggers! I wouldn't even allow DH to take my picture from about the 7th month on. Only 4 days until her due date, how exciting!

BarbaraB
05-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Nicole, She does look adorable. Hope your granddaughter has straightened out and is ready to enter this world head first.

Roma, Teenagers are so hard. My DD definitely had her moments.

Kim, I also need to get back on the exercise wagon. I gave myself a pass for a few days due to massive yard work and cleaning and staining the deck. Plus I had a cold that held on for a about 2-3 weeks, but is finally gone and I skipped a few classes when I was sick. Now I'm better and it is time to get back to working out regularly.

Tami, A little gardening and a good book.... Sounds like heaven. I planted a tiny garden and some new flowers this last weekend. I suspect that I'm just feeding the deer, although I've had luck with tomato plants, as apparently deer don't like them. I just didn't even bother trying to plant lettuce this year... Maybe that will keep them from noticing the green beans and eating them too.

Amy, Gee all that italian food sounds hard to resist. Just find the closest thing to plan, and try to eat it slowly so you can stop as soon as you are the slightest amount full. I've taken to throwing my napkin over the plate so I will stop eating the huge servings that they bring, since if it is still there, even if I'm full I tend to pick at it until they take it away, and they take it away a lot faster if you throw the napkin on it. Of course that works best if they are paper napkins. I eat way too fast and I keep trying to make myself eat slower, since I'm convinced that if I eat slower, I will want less.

pjbeau
05-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi, All - Just a quick check in with my buddies.

DH is at rehab center...will probably be there until mid next week. I have been spending all my free time with him and am exhausted. Is it bad that I'm looking forward to having Monday off by myself?...visiting hours at the center don't start until 4pm on weekdays, so I can't go see DH 'til then anyways.

Anyways....Nicole, DD is beautiful...looking forward to baby news.

Roma - Sorry you're having tough times...hang in there.

Hugs to everyone!

Repo girl
05-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Paula- Nope, not wrong at all. We all need a little free time.

Nicole- She is so dang cute. I don't ever look like that when I am prego either. I hope things sound good at the doctor today. She is probably really feeling ready to get that kid out, huh?

Barb- Oh, I wish I had deer in my yard, how cool.

I am still doing really well on my diet, losing like crazy. We are having flash flooding here due to it going from snow to 80 eighty degrees in one week. The rivers can't hold it all. Luckily we are a mile away from any river, so we should be just fine. This has really screwed up our camping plans however. We are now planning on camping in my mom's backyard. It will be fun, though. We are gonna go see Indiana Jones on Saturday. That will be great.

BarbaraB
05-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Katie, The deer were cool until they levelled my garden and ate almost every single one of the costco quantity of tulip bulbs that I planted last fall. Did you say what you were doing that was different yet? It seems to be working for you. Are there crystals that help aid weight loss or energy level?

Paula, You are only human, so give yourself a break. You need a time to recenter yourself and destress. We all try to do too much and don't give ourselves time just to be.

tje4481
05-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey All!

Quick hello...I have to watch American Idol in a bit! I know, I know...but this year the show is really good...lol. My 8 yr old niece thinks that David A. just HAS to win, and he's soooo cute! Gosh, I think I remember feeling that way about Donny Osmond! LOL..

Anyway, I got a new 'do' today...just a little shorter than usual, but it feels good!

Kim, you are so right about those auditors...they are a pain in the you know what! Not that we get written up or anything, usually we do pretty good. They just get in my way...lol. I work for a g'ment agency as I think you do. If I understand, you work for a school district. So...we understand each other pretty well...:-)

Nicole...your daughter is absolutely be-a-u-ti-ful! She's so radiant and her face is lit up in the pic! I'm sure that your grandbaby will be just as gorgeous as your daughter!

Barb...I have deer, wild turkeys, rabbits. You name the wild critter and it's in or near my yard. LOL...and if I see just one more squirrel or chipmunk...I don't know what I'm gonna do! They have eaten a few hundred dollars worth of bulbs I have planted over the years. I finally learned my lesson...lol... I love my flowers though...they just make me smile inside! I tore up the front garden in the fall and now have to replant it. Can't wait to dig my hands in the dirt!

Roma...keep the faith...sometimes the 'upside' of things comes quicker than we think. I'm thinking of you!

Ok...have a great night! Tami

Mama Nicole
05-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks all for your compliments on DD. She is going to have a C-section on Friday morning at 10:30. The baby didn't turn.......and so the story goes. They will give her one last ultrasound just before surgery......and if the baby has miraculously turned, then they will cancel the surgery. Her cervix is already dialated to 2 cm. My mom always says........."you can plan, but God decides." So, we'll see what he has in store for these girls. She is wearing the lovely labor bracelet that Katie made for her, so that should help :)

Ok, more later......I must go :)
XOXO

aguerin
05-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Nicole - have you done a google search on techniques for getting the baby to turn. Somebody out there has to know something that will work.

I'm exhausted - conferences, on feet all day equal back and foot pain, but I still walked for 15 min tonight.

I also did better today with the food plan. Not good, but better. I had 2 lemon bars, 6 bite size candy bars and then salad and tilapia at Rudy Tuesdays for dinner. Much better than the past loaded dinners from the past two nights. My hands were tied on the lemon and candy bars. It was those snacks to tie me over until dinner or pizza, hamburger, etc. from the conference. So I thought nibbling was better than grazing on bad food.

I am headed home tomorrow so maybe it will get better. I am taking Friday off for a 4 day weekend. Hope everone has a safe holiday. See you next Tuesday.

Repo girl
05-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Nicole- Well, dammit, I know that you were trying to avoid the C Section. Of course, may she will still cooperate at the last minute. How is DD doing with the news of the C section?

Repo girl
05-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Amy- Well, at least you are trying!

Mama Nicole
05-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Nicole- Well, dammit, I know that you were trying to avoid the C Section. Of course, may she will still cooperate at the last minute. How is DD doing with the news of the C section?
She is ok with it. Last week, she was almost excited about the thought of not having to go through labor. She did ask the doctor about possibly turning the baby.....but since DD is just a few days short of 40 weeks, the doc says it would be doubtful and it poses it's own risks......such as pulling the placenta away or cord issues. She is a pretty conservative doc........and Emily trusts her, as do I. After hearing the doctor talk about all the risks, such as bleeding, hysterectomy, bladder damage, infection, etc.....she got a little more scared. I am bummed out cuz I can't be there to hold her hand, as they only allow one person in the operating room.......but I am going to try to talk them into it on friday. You never know :) Anywhooo, as long as DD and baby are safe.........everything else will be fine :)
XOXO

Repo girl
05-22-2008, 12:40 AM
She is a minor. I would think that if you pushed it, they would let you.

Kimphin
05-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Nicole - Sorry the baby didn't turn, but I will be thinking about you and Emily tomorrow. I am going to have to make a point of checking in here during the weekend for news!

Deer - Never had deer until this year. He can go away now! I opened my front door to find a HUGE one (well, he looked huge) standing next to my porch sampling my rhododendrons. I swear both the deer and I had this expression...:yikes: We also have turkeys, who like to circle the house, gobbling and bashing their heads into my cellar windows,or shiny car wheels (it's always the males.... hmmm...). DH calls me Marlon Perkins because he tried to run them off and I yell at him.

Down 2 lbs this week so far! We did end up walking 9 holes yesterday, so there's 2.5 miles. No workout tonight - it's my 15th anniversary and I think we are going to the movies.

Have a great weekend! (I'm off tomorrow)

Mama Nicole
05-22-2008, 10:59 AM
WTG, Kim...........I noticed your ticker on the other thread this morning......keep up the good work!!! So you have turkeys......and I have guinea hens. They too enjoy a nice shiny bumper or wheel. They live at the farm at the end of our street, and they wander all over my block. It is hysterical. Enjoy your day off :)

MY NECK.............I woke up this a.m. and there is a huge knot just below my shoulder blade and it is giving me crank neck!!!!!!!!! I haven't had it in a long time...........but it happens every now and then........I just wake up with it out of the blue!!!! It is usually associated with stress..........and it sucks so bad, cuz nothing can make it go away. It is a sharp, hindering pain, and I have no clue how I am going to get everything done that I need to get done today. I took two naporxins.......so keeps your fingers crossed for me. The only time it doesn't hurt is if I am lying flat on my back with pillows just the right way.............:(

Where is everyone lately? I am thinking of Amylou and Jillian and Elizabeth.........and a lot of people. Come out come out wherever you are.........

Ok, time to pretend it doesn't hurt and get my butt to work. I am so excited for tomorrow. I cried all afternoon about DD's surgery, and I hope I am over it so I don't have to cry again today. It is really inconvenient to be such a sap. :)
XOXO
How do you like David Cook?

Repo girl
05-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Barbara- Labradorite is a good stone for weight loss. Also, if you feel like your emotions drive your hunger and weight, some chakra stones are really helpful. Your heart chakra balances with a pink crystal, like rose quartz. Your solar plexus, which has a lot to do with your self esteem balances with a yellow stone like citrine or golden calcite. For energy, I really like clear quartz points. They are a high vibrating stone, so they hold (and share) a lot of energy.

We had a baby moose in our yard once, but my tiny chihuahau chased it away. Go figure, huh?

Repo girl
05-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Nicole- Do you have any lavender oil? If so, take a hot bath with a little in the water or make a hot compress with a wash rag and several drops of lavender to hold on the knot. That should really help you relax and the knot to go away. Sorry you are hurting! I hear you on the crying. I have done a lot of it lately too. It just comes out of the blue, like when I am cooking dinner or something random.

Mama Nicole
05-22-2008, 11:24 AM
I hear you on the crying. I have done a lot of it lately too. It just comes out of the blue, like when I am cooking dinner or something random.

Ok......so I have to be honest....and since we are real friends.....this made me laugh :lol:!!!! a lot!!!! I feel your pain!!! :lol:

Repo girl
05-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Haha, thanks friend! We should start a wuss club. We can be co-presidents.

loserjulie
05-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Morning gang, I seem to be stuck in one spot. Not losing, but not gaining, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm going to try switching up my variety again. Some yummy fruits and veggies are coming back into season. I just dread buying too much since we are moving soon, I've kinda been trying to clear out my frozen veggies.

Nicole, how exciting! I realized I keep checking here for updates on the baby, I was even thinking about while I was mowing the lawn last night. Keep us posted.

Dan2112
05-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Geez.. Is it football season yet?

Babies? Crying? Lavendar Oil?:frypan::dizzy:

Just kidding of course, but still... Guess that's what I get for being on a site called "3 Fat CHICKS", right? :lol:

Repo girl
05-22-2008, 05:46 PM
:kickbutt:All right Dan, bend over!!!:kickbutt:

I tried a yummy way to eat an apple today. I shredded it in a bowl, chopped some fresh mint to stir into it, added a few drops of Stevia, and squeezed a lime over it. Mojito Apple Slaw. It was fantastic. I ate it with a grilled chicken breast. It was a delicious combo.

JLem311
05-22-2008, 06:47 PM
hey everyone. haven't posted all week..been pretty stressful, overwhelmed and overall not doing so great. i guess everything is just getting to me lately. most days/weeks i'm ok, but it's all just getting to be too much and i'm really emotionally exhausted. :( anyways..that's about it.
gotta go. the kids are 'bout to kill each other!

BarbaraB
05-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Katie, You have great danes and the chihuahua is the one chasing the moose? Perhaps he just mistook it for another great dane? I'll have to look into the crystals for weight loss and energy. That apple recipe sounds really good.

Dan, Sorry football is still months away. Has New Mexico stopped burning for awhile? It seemed like there were a lot of early fires this year. Has Liz started her new job yet?

Nicole, Tomorrow for the birth. How exciting! I imagine everything will go relatively smoothly, as she is young and relatively healthy. Hopefully she will bounce back quickly from the birth, and not be distressed about the scar or the shape of her body post partum. I could see teenage angst on top of post partum hormones being a bit of a trial though. So she is going to need a lot of love and support for awhile, but it sounds like she has it in spades.

Repo girl
05-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Barbara- Yeah, go figure. My mini weiner dog was in on that on too. The danes are big chickens. You should see the way they cower and hide in thunder storms. It's almost embarassing!

gramabear45
05-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Hi, Though I better at least check in.:D
My life is a wreck at the moment. It will get better someday.):dizzy::dizzy:
Going to the beach ,that should help. I hope .:cool:
Just to get away will be nice. Last week down two,but who knows this week. I think I will wait until I get back from our trip to weigh. I am taking all I need so I should be okay.
see ya:carrot:
Roma

gramabear45
05-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Quick question?????:?:
How do you get the cute things at the bottom of the posts???
Roma

4princesses
05-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey all.. still going strong but so, so busy. I am off to a weekend trip this weekend and have all my meals planned so I stay POPping... Hope you guys enjoy your weekend! :)

*hugs*

tje4481
05-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi all....just a quick check in.

Nicole, I need to tell you that I'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow. Fingers crossed for an easy delivery and a speedy recovery for your daughter. :-)

Katie...your story about the moose cracked me up! I could picture it as I read it. lol...oh and Katie...come on give it up girl...spill the beans...how are you making that ticker move??? ;-)

To all of you taking off for the weekend...have a great time...forget real life and enjoy! You can think of me sweatin' off the pounds with a shovel in one hand and a couple of shrubs and a couple flats of flowers on the other hand. LOL...seriously, I wish you awesome weather and pleasant relaxing days (what you do with your nights is your business...lol).

Nite, Tami

Kimphin
05-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Hi all - just got back from seeing "Iron Man" - AWESOME! I am in love with Robert Downey Jr (as long as he's off the crack). If you go see it - stay all the way until the end of the credits!

Roma - found this in the newbie sticky:
To add a weight loss ticker:

Go to User CP (in the upper left corner of the page)...you can add a ticker under "Edit Signature" or add an avatar (picture) here. The tickers from www.tickerfactory.com track your weight in tenths.

You can add smileys or any other words at the bottom of your posts the same way.

Repo girl
05-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Nicole- I will be sending my best thoughts and prayers to Emily, the baby, and you tomorrow. I can't wait for all the details!