General chatter - I saw the most horrible thing yesterday!!

sacha
05-18-2008, 07:13 PM
A block away from my house, there were two very overweight women and a toddler (looked like grandma, mom, and daughter) walking down the street carrying their groceries. Some girls were turning the corner in a vehicle and started screaming "fat b*tches!!!" at them!!! It was awful. I was too far to see the expression on their faces but I can't imagine. The mother appeared to be trying to shoo them away. Then they pulled over and looked like they were going to confront them! I went up to my apt to get my boyfriend but when we got down, the vehicle was gone and the family was walking an opposite direction...

Sick SICK!!!!

shyla2001
05-18-2008, 07:17 PM
That is just so wrong!

aerogora
05-18-2008, 07:24 PM
what is wrong with people??!!! That is so very very sad...

Mrs Snark
05-18-2008, 08:00 PM
:( People constantly amaze me with their awfulness.

CrazedLedZepFan
05-18-2008, 09:36 PM
That is disgusting. I feel sorry for those girls (the ones in the car who are too ignorant to keep their mouths shut). What do they think yelling something so cruel going to accomplish?

Halichick
05-18-2008, 09:38 PM
That's terrible!! Makes you wonder what kind of parents those poor girls have. :(

bargoo
05-18-2008, 10:02 PM
I take comfort from rude people by imagiining them 50 pounds or more overweight in 20 years.

momof4under5
05-18-2008, 10:27 PM
I know that they will reap what they sow...they will become fat....most people that do that do that to make themselves better by putting other people down...I know that those people out there that are just rude and cruel will one day get it back to them!!!

KLK
05-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Those girls have no soul to do something like that... they might be young and thin and "pretty", but their lives are empty, and they're empty inside. How terrible.

TJFitnessDiva
05-19-2008, 12:00 AM
That is awful :( Karma will take care of those girls one way or another!

Shopaholic1204
05-19-2008, 03:04 AM
Thats sad..people have no respect for others anymore.

Jasmine31
05-19-2008, 01:41 PM
That is terrible!

preetyladyserenity
05-19-2008, 01:58 PM
I know this is horrible.

When I was in elementary school I was severely bullied by a gang of boys, who used the excuse of me being overweight to bully me (and I don't mean just words here people). Anyways, I run across one of those boys a year ago (after 11 years of being in separate schools and lives) and at first he did not recognize me and when he realized who I was he said pretty much how awful he felt about it and how he had used me as a scapegoat for his frustration over his parents' divorce at the time. He even asked me if he could do anything to make it up to me and I said "No, you can't do anything about it, but if you really want to make sure your children don't end up doing the same thing you did."

It is a cruel world out there.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-hearts/kg/115/90/112/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

StillTryin
05-19-2008, 02:07 PM
That is terrible....I just (insert sarcasm here) how NICE people are to others these days!

tkglenn
05-19-2008, 02:11 PM
preetylady-that is an awesome comeback. He better raise his children well.

That is just an awful story. I used to get teased all the time because of my weight. I remember in high school, this girl got mad at me but can't remember why, I just remember standing there after some sort of confrontation about something and as I was walking away or she was walking away she yelled at the top of her lungs, "YOU ELEPHANT!!!!" It hurt so bad, I left school, even if there were like 2 classes left and went home and cried for the rest of the day. I remember in elementary, people didn't wanna hang out with me because I was overweight. The popular girls didn't want to come to my birthday sleepovers because they thought I was disgustingly over weight. It's a hard thing to handle.

preetyladyserenity
05-19-2008, 06:08 PM
I pretty much consider myself lucky my parents decided to send me to a private school after elementary school (middle school and high school were together). They had found out the same boys were assigned the same public middle school and high school as the one I would go (if I were to go to a public middle school) so they decided enough was enough and they wouldn't let me spent the next 6 years tormented (pretty much in my place, you don't get to transfer unless your parents move to an entirely different area).

Luckily for me I met my best friend there and she really helped me to go out of my shell and stop being scared. Plus the school was small (90 students for each year) so we were all pretty ok and never went through this popularity thing. Also due to my reading a lot of books I developed quite a witty tongue so I could easily reply back to anyone that dared to tease me without any hesitation (not that anyone dared to when they discovered my weird capability)

net knee
05-20-2008, 05:35 AM
When rude people call me fat, if they are close enough I tell them "try not to be an a**hole your whole life" or tell them to get over it b/c I already did. Then I imagine myself sitting my, according to them "fat a**" on their skinny little body and punching their skinny little face to make it just as fat as mine!! You might be skinny but I can give you a fat lip! Although I never have acted on this daydream... not worth any jail time or permanent record...but it sure does make me feel better and makes the jerk feel a bit uncomfortable when the person they just insulted and called fat has a big ol' smile on her face!! :D

GlitteringPink
05-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Oh thats awful for the mum and daughter.. I bet they felt very vulnerable and sad with that happening in front of the toddler let alone happening at all.

At times like this I pray to Karma.

Pixiesue
05-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Kids are so cruel! Here's a story I was reminded of:
when I was in high school my parents owned a little grocery store in the small town we lived in. teen boys hung out there a lot because my dad would give them candy or sodas for doing odd jobs. One day I was in charge of the store. A summer day and I was swatting flies at the window when a little girl came in I had seen this girl and her family and they were all hugely overweight, I don't know why and didn't care at the time I was a skinny mini fifteen year old. Well this little girl comes in to buy something and the boys started making fun of her... horrible things like "Be careful you don't fall in the craters you make you walk" Or "If you fall don't worry we will just roll you home"
Well I turned already seeing red and saw tears in this little girls eyes, I turned the fly swatter on all those boys and left raw bleeding marks on some of them (it was a wire swatter), chased them out of the store and forbid them to come back anytime I was in the store. It made me feel good seeing those big hunking boys run squeling and yelling but I felt really good when the little girl said "thank you"