100 lb. Club - Newbie needing to lose 100 .. or maybe more!

gothik butterfly
05-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi all! just wanted to stop and get acquainted since this is one subforum I will most likely be in and about for a long while. I posted a pretty long introduction in the intro forum so I won't redo that all here. Hope you stop by my intro and find out a bit about me and say hi!

shyla2001
05-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Hello. I'm new (sort of) too. Been here on & off for years. Hoping to stick around this time! Nice to "meet" you!

chubbypenguin
05-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi I am pretty new here too. I have about 100+ lbs to lose too. It can seem daunting. One thing I read somewhere around here was to take it 10 lbs at a time. Anyone can lose 10lbs. So that is what I am doing. I am halfway to my first ten lbs!

fiberlover
05-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Welcome! This is a great board to be a part of!
I look forward to getting to know all of you better!

Pandora123a
05-19-2008, 03:14 AM
I'm new to this forum too. I'd love to lose 100 pounds, but will settle right now for 25. I look forward to getting to know you all, and providing and receiving support in our daily battle.

Pandora

GirlyGirlSebas
05-19-2008, 07:53 AM
:welcome2: I'm so glad that you decided to join with us on this journey.

barbygirl43
05-19-2008, 11:12 AM
:welcome2: you've come to a great place to help support you on your journey.

gothik butterfly
05-19-2008, 12:54 PM
thanks for the welcome everyone!

So I went grocery shopping last night and I joined the forum, got things set back up on fitday... here I am. Day 1.

So far I haven't eaten. I made my cup of coffee and I'm wondering how soon after waking up I should be eating my breakfast? I typically don't eat breakfast because usually it makes me nauseous. Right now all I plan for breakfast is a cup of coffee, an activia in blueberry and a piece of string cheese to help balance out the sugar in the activia. That will be between 11am and 1 pm (I work 2nd shift).

I have a break at around 3:30-4:30 and dinner 5:30-6:30. A break between 8-9 and then home about 10:30 pm. I would probably eat a little snack on my first break and then my substantial meal at my dinner break. Then try to keep it to small snacks the rest of the night and after I get home. This sound ok? I'm mostly worried about the breakfast part. I AM at home till 1 so I could eat a more substantial meal by 1 and another substantial meal by 6 and save the yogurt and cheese for a dif. snack. Any thoughts?

denialisnthappiness
05-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Hello Hello!:wave: This place is great; a fab source of information and insight from lots of people so hope to see you around a bit :)

NB. As for the breakfast thing gothik I was like that too! Gosh I'd feel so ill eating breakfast at even 8am or so. I actually had to 'train' myself to eat it - Now I can stomach it at half five in the morning if necessary :) (I realise that's extreme but you get my drift). Perhaps others will have some suggestions; I found practice makes perfect (which sounds odd that I'm telling you to practice eating but seriously; a decent breakfast really does make all the difference!)

xGurlyGrlx
05-19-2008, 02:15 PM
:wel3fc:

thistoo
05-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Breakfast used to make me nauseous too, but now it's my favorite meal of all. I try not to eat later than about 7pm (I work a different schedule than you, of course), go to bed between 10 and 11, and by the time I wake up I'm ravenous. I usually don't eat for an hour or so after waking up (longer if I'm working out before work), but when I do eat breakfast my stomach is so empty that I really enjoy it. I think it really is something that you get used to after awhile.

Beverlyjoy
05-19-2008, 06:56 PM
:wave::wel3fc::flow2:

Hi and a BIG welcome to you. This is an awesome place - with wonderful folks and lots of support. So glad you found us!