South Beach Diet - Phase I Starters/Restarters - May 18 and Onwards

Ruthxxx
05-18-2008, 06:09 PM
If you are starting or redoing Phase I, here's the place to post ideas, questions and support. You can also use this thread to whine! :lol:

Kim_Star060404
05-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Well, that's me. Doing P1 again. :shrug: I started on the 17th, but I'm sure nobody'll hold that against me! ;)

Sticking to my P1 breakfast of 2 slices turkey bacon, 2 eggs scrambled w/ 1/2 cup veggies that are on hand, plus coffee with skim milk and splenda. My favorite snacks are plain yogurt with a calorie/sugar free drink mix packet stirred in and roasted red pepper hummus with red pepper slices. Planned dinners this week are salmon "tacos" (I eat it over salad instead of in a ww tortilla), meatball casserole, enchilada chicken and steak (in honor of MIL coming into town).

I'm doing the workout program in the Super Charged book and really, really like it. It's not the intensity that I'm used to, but it takes at most 30 minutes a day and I'm not sore every time I work out. That has led to much more consistent exercising.

I started P1 two weeks ago yesterday, but flew off the wagon when DH had to go out of town last week (week 2). I went from 211 to 207 the first week and was at 207 when I weighed-in yesterday. Again, not looking for the big whoosh of weight loss associated with P1, more important is the reduced cravings and preparation for when real fat loss comes in P2.

Hope to see some new and maybe returning SB Chicks soon!

~Kim

readyforrealme
05-18-2008, 10:49 PM
I actually started on the 15th myself. I am new to south beach but after reading 8 books on dieting and nutrition it seems to be the one that I could stick with. I do have one problem though, I am SICK. On the second day I seemed to be evening out on the cravings but yesterday I started getting horrible headaches and today it feels like it has turned into what seems like the flu. Now I want every carb in sight. Could this be because of feeling sick or have I eaten something wrong that is causing the cravings? Anyone else run into this?

Also it is the fourth day and the scale hasn't moved a bit. A little discouraging. Shouldn't something have changed!?

mssmackatude
05-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Hello Everyone!

Good luck on your re-do. I am starting tomorrow. We can do this thing together.

Mssmackatude

jabr
05-19-2008, 01:01 AM
I started on May 14th, so I hope that still counts. Today is Day 5 for me and so far so good. I have been on SB before, but still adjusting to everything again. We can do this!!!! Good luck to everyone.

jandaman
05-19-2008, 05:54 AM
hi everybody!

back again! just started-
nothing says tabula rasa like a monday.

hi kimstar! we meet again *grin* i agree, it's not all about the weight loss, but about gettin rid of those evil cravings (i really fell off the wagon this weekend...nuff said) and feeling energetic and healthy again

ready-sounds like you might have sbd-flu. i always get it the first 3-4 days until my body has metabolized and my sugar levels come back down. what helps: a tall glass of lofat milk, plenty of beans and pulses of any kind

:wave: mssmackatude & jabr

cheers

jan

Soon2bJWeave
05-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Good morning everyone!

It was a rough weekend since we had my fiance's birthday party cookout on Saturday. I was mostly good but I had a few slip ups with trying a few rare/belgian beers and a little bit of a brownie. Unfortunately I think that might have hurt me so I may do a few extra days of P1 to make up for it.

I'm back on plan though and I made bacon/egg/veggie breakfast cups (from the SBD cookbook) and the dessert pie from the boards for quick breakfasts this week.

I'm really hoping that by doing SBD I can get 20lbs off before my wedding in September. I just don't want all these wedding pictures with me looking heavy!

Kim_Star060404
05-19-2008, 11:42 AM
hi kimstar! we meet again *grin* i agree, it's not all about the weight loss, but about gettin rid of those evil cravings (i really fell off the wagon this weekend...nuff said) and feeling energetic and healthy again

Amen! I love how great I feel - even by day 3, I'm feeling energized and excited and ready to do this right.

readyforrealme: Welcome to the beach! Maybe you could post a typical days' menu for us to look at. Some of the SB Vets may be able to find some clues as to why you have the SB "flu" and why you're still craving so much. And don't worry about not losing anything yet, whether or not you actually see a change on the scale doesn't really matter on P1. The change needs to be in your blood sugar, cravings, way of eating, etc. The real weight loss happens on P2. Besides, it all depends on how much you have to lose, how you were eating before, whether or not you were retaining water before starting, etc.

:wave:, mssmackatude: How's your first day going so far? I'm sure you're doing great!!

jabr: Hi and we CAN do this! Congrats on making it to day 5 - you're doing great!

Soon2bJWeave: I know that it's rough, but this is what I love so much about SB. It is so forgiving. You messed up a bit, but you were able to move past it and jump right back on. Good for you!

Me: Morning of D3 for me and feeling great. Slept great last night, got up and got a lot done before work and packed some great snacks and a lunch for work today. Tonight will be the Super Charged P1 workout for D3. Here's to another strong P1 day!

~Kim

SeaWave
05-19-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm starting on P1 tomorrow (taking the time to prep some food today, so my lunches are good to take to work). I've had a few health-related adventures that are ongoing, but I'm hoping that I can still do SBD while those other things get resolved.

I ate a great salad from the work caf last week that I'm going to re-create this week - chic peas, snow peas, cauliflower, broccoli in an oil & vinegar dressing. Very yum!

Have a good SBD week everyone!

Soon2bJWeave
05-19-2008, 04:47 PM
For lunches I've actually been doing a salad with lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli and 5 cherry tomatoes topped off with one of those 3 oz pkgs of Salmon and a balsamic vinegar/oil dressing for lunch. I also have a string cheese along with the meal and it's pretty filling. I highly recommend trying to do this for an easy lunch to take to work!

I just scheduled my first dress fitting for June 19th. I'm sure that's going to be when I'd like to have 10-15lbs lost by, but I understand that's going to take hard work on my part. I'm going to try lifting weights and cardio tonight at some point. We've also been walking a lot at night which I need to make sure we keep up with that!

zookeepera949906
05-19-2008, 06:34 PM
I fell off the SB wagon back in March:nono: after a week-long gall bladder attack. I'm going to try to get back on it by the end of this week depending on when I have a chance to make a meal plan and go shopping for it amid all of the end-of-school craziness. I guess I didn't do as horribly as I could have - I only put back on 2 pounds, but it pains me think how much further on my journey to a healthy weight I would be if I hadn't slacked off.

Anyway I look forward to being around here again sometime this week!

Jennifer

Kim_Star060404
05-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Jennifer, don't worry, we've all been there. The first time I did SB was in Mar 2006. I weighed 225 then and am only down to 207 in that 2+ years. I've gotten off track so many times that I have my P1 menu memorized. But, the good thing is that I know this can work and that I just have to stay on track to allow it to work. Great job getting back on track and I look forward to seeing your snail move soon! :)

Marathon Mom
05-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Quick question regarding Atkins Advantage Bars... Would you consider these SB friendly? (I need a quick energy meal/snack to pack with me this weekend for the race...)

Here are the ingredients:

Nutrition Advantage Points: 240 calories, 12g fat, 19g protein, 10g fiber, 1g sugar, 19 vitamins and minerals, including an excellent source of Calcium, 240 calories, 0g sugar alcohols.

INGREDIENTS: PROTEIN BLEND [SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE (MILK), SODIUM CASEINATE], GLYCERINE, POLYDEXTROSE, DRY ROASTED PEANUT, PEANUT FLOUR, PALM KERNEL AND PALM OIL, CELLULOSE, COCONUT OIL, COCOA POWDER (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, OLIVE OIL, BUTTER OIL, SOY LECITHIN, MALTODEXTRIN, SALT, GUAR GUM, CITRIC ACID, SUCRALOSE, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM. NUTRITION BLEND: TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, ASCORBIC ACID, SODIUM ASCORBATE, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, CYANOCOBALAMIN, ALPHA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, NIACINAMIDE, BIOTIN, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, ZINC OXIDE, FOLIC ACID, CHROMIUM CHELATE, PHYTONADIONE, SODIUM SELENITE. CONTAINS: SOY, MILK AND PEANUTS. THIS PRODUCT IS MANUFACTURED IN A FACILITY THAT USES PEANUTS, OTHER NUTS AND SEEDS.

cottagebythesea
05-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Marathon Mom, nope. :no: Look at all those ingredients and additives! One of the things we're trying to get away from on the SBD is processed food, and these are full of ingredients we should avoid. Palm oil, coconut oil, butter oil, and just look at all those chemicals. Sorry. :(

Ruthxxx
05-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Totally agree. Aside from the non-SBD ingredients, my rule is not to eat anything when I have no idea what it is! Could you make some of Nessa's Oatmeal bars for the event?

Soon2bJWeave
05-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Good morning Phase 1!

Last night I worked out some and followed the diet. I didn't go off plan and I've noticed that my clothes are fitting a little better (or maybe wishful thinking?). This morning for breakfast I had a small amount of light soy milk and another bacon & cheese egg cup. I really want this to work and I'm really trying hard to keep to the diet. I find that having a spoonful of natural peanut butter helps me keep going in the afternoon and squashes any cravings I have for bad carbs.

Marathon Mom
05-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Thank you Cottage... I agree...

I'll have to pack something homemade. Maybe a PeanutButter, Protein Powder, Dry milk concoction...

It's not worth eating something quick and then having all those cravings that it will generate...

cottagebythesea
05-20-2008, 10:59 AM
:bravo: Marathon Mom! You could make the Nessa Bars with some peanutbutter, and add a little protein powder to them, too. I bet that'd be good!

readyforrealme
05-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Hey, everyone! I'm back! It defantly was a 24 hour flu. About 4 other family members got it as well who are not on the same diet. I knew it seemed too severe to just be SB. Bright side is i still didn't cheat! I have been following the book to the T on meals so far just to cut down on the margin of error but feel like I've got it down enough to branch out.

Marathon Mom- do a general search for homemade protien bars on the web, there are 1000's out there that will fit. I use several for my son that's in martial arts. No processed ingredients seems to help him through tournaments a lot longer!

iriswhispers
05-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi chicks! I'm here on day one, just ate breakfast a bit ago: omlette w/ green peppers.

I am not used to having specific dietary restrictions, generally i have just been trying to eat "healthy" and exercise. My carb/sugar cravings always kill me though, so I think SB is a good choice. I'm honestly looking forward to fixing my body chemistry a bit as much as I am to losing weight!

kris10dawn
05-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Hey everyone! Today is day 2 of phase 1 for me. I think I'm doing well so far. I've been doing the low-cal thing for the past 7 months and have lost 53 pounds. But, I was starting to stall so I thought I'd switch things up a bit. I think it'll benefit me to eat less grains for now. Making the switch hasn't been that difficult. The only thing that worries me is the amount of calories I'm eating. I'm not used to eating all those good fats everyday, but I know that in moderation they're good for me. Anywho, good luck to everyone. :) I'm still pretty new around 3FC, but it feels good to have found such an encouraging place!

MissKoo
05-20-2008, 07:08 PM
I can't believe how hard it's been for me to stick with a diet plan. It seems like food is my best friend and I don't want to give it up. My doctor said this seems to be the best diet for the problems I have (like carb cravings).

I just treading the line between scared and hopeless. I'm so fat I don't want to go to work. I'm ashamed of how I look. I feel horrid.

I really need to write here. Hope to hear back from anyone who has a good word to share.

jabr
05-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Hey Everyone! Good Afternoon.

I believe that it is Day 7 for me, I do not have a calendar in front of me. So far, so good...except I had a little slip today. I ordered a turkey burger at a local restaurant and didn't even think about the bun. I took one bite and felt the bread in my mouth and spit it out! LOL. My friend started laughing hysterically. Although it was funny, I still swallowed a little bit of the bread and hoping it doesn't make a huge change. I have no problems starting over again though. It was an honest mistake, but no matter what I am ready to do this!!!!

We can do this!!!

iriswhispers
05-20-2008, 10:32 PM
MissKoo, i've been at a point where i felt too ashamed to go out of my house - part of it was depression but i have a bad habit of binge eating and carbs set me off - then i was depressed PLUS bloated and unable to fit into anything semi-flattering. there were times when i felt so lousy that i'd rather just eat than try to deal with seeing or even talking to anyone. this is a major reason i am trying SB - my actual weight is not horrible but my eating patterns are very bad for me.

keep checking in and getting support on here - you're not alone and we can do this!

also as an aside i must mention that i love your avatar! i've seen that little graphic before and it always makes me laugh.

jandaman
05-21-2008, 08:02 AM
hi everybody!

hi everyone!

big welcome *hugs* for everyone i haven't met yet. :)

misskoo-you aren't alone. stress/binge-eating esp. carbs was (and is) a huge problem for me. i even did therapy for it. sbd really helps! within days you'll feel lighter, healthier and more energetic. you can do it!

we all can!--i should really take my own advice,
i have so many classes right now as well as private students..i just end up being too exhausted to cook etc?? or are these just lame excuses? *biggersigh*

Kim_Star060404
05-21-2008, 09:59 AM
MissKoo: :hug: I'm sorry you're feeling this way. There is probably nothing I could say that would make you feel better, but try to remember one thing. Even if you start South Beach, and then fall off the wagon, you can always pick up the peices and get back on the wagon. The rest of us will do our best to reach out a hand and pull you back up if you need it. Take it from me, no matter how hard you fall, Phase 1 is always ready and waiting to whip you back into shape. You may not lose weight as quickly as you like, but you will be improving your health at your pace, which is much more important.

readyforrealme: Glad you're back with us and feeling better!

jabr: I really wouldn't worry about that little bit of bread. I'd just monitor myself for a day to see if I had reintroduced cravings. If I slip up, but don't have cravings, I usually just let it go and move on. (Unless it were something huge like eating an entire cake or pizza. :)) Congrats on getting through 7 days successfully!

:wave:, iriswhispers and kris10dawn! Nice to "meet" you!

Jandaman: Hi again! I know that some may call our reasons for not cooking lame excuses, but if they're valid reasons then we have no cause for feeling ashamed. We just have to stop, take a breath, and figure out a solution. (Of course, I need to take this advice sometimes as well).

Me: Day 4 of Phase 1, Round 2 is over for me and it wasn't great. I did stay on-plan as far as what I was eating and working out, but I don't think I ate enough veggies. I was in a tizzy over my jury duty during vacation drama, so I didn't stop to eat lunch. By the time I felt the hunger pains, I was engrossed in work, so only ate half my lunch which did not include a salad. So I'm really going to watch it today and try to make sure I don't let stress get in the way of my eating right.

Well, if I don't shower now, I'll be late for work, so off I go!

~Kim

Soon2bJWeave
05-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Good morning Phase I!

misskoo - You're also not alone with me, stress and binge eating has really gotten me down during the wedding planning process. "Comfort" carbs were hurting my workout efforts and hindering any progress I hoped to accomplish. Since I've started this I've started noticing a difference with a slimmer stomach. I haven't had too much weight loss yet, but what I have I'm happy with!

Jandaman - I find it helps to plan out my meals at the beginning of the week and snacks the night before. This way I can't mess that up and I don't have to think about it. Plus I can shop at the beginning of the week and not have to run out for everything.

jandaman
05-21-2008, 04:48 PM
soon2: ur so right, u'd think i knew better-this being my third time round and all..i think it has to do with the opening hours over here..at the moment i am teaching almost non-stop from 9:00 til around 9:00 and everything closes at 7:30......(yet more lame excuses??..need better time management, perhaps) tomorrow's a holiday and i will sit down and write that plan! :)

kris10dawn
05-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Well, tonight ends day 3 for me. I did have a lil slip up today. Fogetting that I ate 2 TBS cream cheese as part of a morning snack, I ate 2 more TBS with dinner! It's crazy how such a small mistake makes me want to feel like I ruined the whole day, but I know all is not lost! Oh well, what's done is done. Tomorrow I will be more aware!

Jandaman: Good luck with your planning. It does make such a difference when we are prepared with meal plans and actually cook them! It can be hard to keep up with though, at least for me. Some nights I just don't want to cook, plain and simple! But, it's always those times when I'm not prepared that I will likely mess up.

Kim: Nice to "meet" you, too, and everyone else! Glad you got out of jury duty! And good for you for realizing what areas of your diet need improvement. I love when we get to that place where we recognize our little mess ups and know how to deal with them without giving up or letting them snowball into bigger problems! I used to be a chronic yo-yo dieter and thought that if I ate one bite of something bad, or didn't eat all the right things that I should just quit. Thankfully, that attitude has been changed! I'm sure you're doing great!

Hope everyone else had a great on-plan day!

jabr
05-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Kim-Thanks I actually didn't lose any weight or gain any weight and have been real strict with everything else, so I am hoping it didn't effect my cravings/weightloss. I do not find myself craving sweets, but I do have a few cinnamon candies (sugar free of course) a day and I think that helps.

Jandaman - I work and go to school, so I completely understand. I make turkey or chicken sandwiches on Sunday and Thursday. I wrap active moz. cheese and meat (turkey or chicken breast) and wrap it all into a romaine lettuce leaf. I make about 10 small ones and put them in Tupperware and take two with me everyday for lunch. They keep very well and are very healthy. You can also put pickles, olives, onions, etc. I also carry a SB snack pack everyday that is filled with almonds, string cheese, celery and some more goodies. I hope that helps.

Kris - Glad to see you are doing well. Keep up the good work! It is tricky the first couple of days to figure out what you can have, but you will get the hang of it. There are websites that you can log into that will keep track of favorite foods that you have eaten for the day. Such as fitday and sparkpeople.

Me: Day 8 and haven't lost any more weight, but I am okay with that. I am still bloated and gassy, which I am trying to get used to. I think it is because my body is getting rid of all the diet soda I used to drink. LOL. I have been drinking a lot of water to help with it as well.

Good luck ladies and keep it up!!!

Marathon Mom
05-22-2008, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=kris10dawn;2212305]Well, tonight ends day 3 for me. I did have a lil slip up today. Fogetting that I ate 2 TBS cream cheese as part of a morning snack, I ate 2 more TBS with dinner! It's crazy how such a small mistake makes me want to feel like I ruined the whole day, but I know all is not lost! Oh well, what's done is done. Tomorrow I will be more aware![QUOTE]

Okay.... I didn't know they limited diary/cheese in P1 ?!?! Can someone elaborate? I know it's not wise to eat a whole block of cheese, however I didn't get this "memo".

kris10dawn
05-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Marathon Mom: I don't think regular low fat cheeses are limited, but according to the revised food list for Phase 1 posted on this site, we are only supposed to have 2 TBS of cream cheese per day... at least that is the way I understand it! :dunno: As for other dairy (milk, yogurt), I think we can have somewhere between 1.5 to 2 cups daily.

Ruthxxx
05-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Yes, low fat cream cheese is limited to 2 T per day. It's in the new list under "Foods to Use Sparingly". I take that to mean once in a while, not daily.

Kim_Star060404
05-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey everyone! DH and I were talking last night about how I'm going to handle SB on vacation. I'll be walking and swimming a lot, but I still need to stay in control of my cravings. I've decided that I'll move on to P2 on this Sunday, stick strictly to P2 while on the road, and only allow "cheats" when we're actually in Myrtle Beach. Upon returning, I'll do P1 for a week again to clean me up and transition back into P2. I'm still looking to have a loss for the week we'll be gone. I know that it's possible as long as I limit sweets. Those are my weaknesses!

Well, I'm supposed to be working right now...

Hope everyone has a really good day!!

kris10dawn
05-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Uh-oh! :nono: I've been eating cream cheese daily. I'm definitely going to cut back! Thanks for the clarification Ruth!

Kim: I'm sure you'll be fine on vacation. It sounds like you've got a good plan. Going to the beach... how fun! I love the beach, but really, who doesn't??

spryng
06-06-2008, 11:01 PM
did we lose a bunch of posts?????

Ruthxxx
06-07-2008, 07:00 AM
We sure did! Read the announcement in the yellow band up top!
The good thing is that we didn't gain back the weight! :lol:

spryng
06-07-2008, 09:29 AM
ok day 7! my official weigh in! I lost a total of 3 lbs on the nose! :) :) I'm very pleased :) my clothes are already fitting better and my stomach has visibly shrunk, it's amazing!! Today we are visiting my FIL in the hosp, he's in ICU so hopefully we get some good news there and hosp food is SBD friendly :) I'll check back in tonight :)

spryng
06-08-2008, 09:07 PM
This thread is quiet this weekend

ok I have some good news to share! ok, I have been in kansas city all weekend at the hospital with my father in law. First, hosp food is hard to find much SBD friendly entrees but I did it! I had salads and for breakfast I had custom made omlets and such. I was so proud of myself! Then last night, we left the hosp around 8:30 pm and I was hungry along with my dh and we were downtown where there are nothing but amazing fine dining restaurants. We have been so stressed we decided to treat ourselves to one of those restaurants so we went to one named Houston's. It was the coolest place ever! Anyway, they had a pretty limited menu and downtown I was already tempted with Cold Stone Creamery and Bistro Chinese, etc.. but I held firm so far so I was gonna continue! So I ordered a roasted chicken breast with seasonal veggies, which was jumbo asparagus. There was some sort of sauce on the vegetable but I wiped it off since I wasn't sure if it had sugar in it or not and ate them plain but they were delicious plain too :) but all in all the weekend went awesome OP! Today is day 8 and I'm soooo excited to make it through the weekend! my dh is an over the road driver and he's home on the weekends and they are normally the worst for me to eat junk and fast food with him, but not this weekend, it was 100% OP! :) and my jeans are really fitting better and my shirts are fitting great. I'm starting to feel sexy again! anyway, I wanted to share :) hope everyone is having a great weekend!

murphmitch
06-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Great job Spryng! It feels so good to have your clothes fit looser.

I work at a hospital and I can usually find SB friendly food if I try. We have the custom omelets but only on Wednesdays. But we always have scrambled eggs (egg beaters) and V8 juice. Lunch is always a huge salad with chicken, turkey, cheese or boiled egg. I usually take my lunch but sometimes supplement from the cafeteria.

jandaman
06-09-2008, 04:41 AM
yay spryng! you go grrrrl! good on ya for resisting the temptations offered downtown. boy am i glad they don't have a stone cold creamery over here....:)

me: phase one restart # 4 or 5?? things have been so crazy i just didn't seem able to get stocked and started! so here goes;)

happy monday everyone!

Marathon Mom
06-09-2008, 09:52 AM
A little over indulgence over the past 2 weeks... I'm starting Phase 1 again today. I need to be strict and get that 'lean' feeling back again!

:dust:

Hope everyone is doing well this HOT Monday morning...

spryng
06-09-2008, 10:44 AM
thank you all so much! :)

Anne, yeah we weren't there during hot food hrs (except for breakfast) so I'm sure I could have gotten a grilled chicken or something but salad worked just fine and they had garbonzo and kidney beans too which made it very hearty :)

jandaman, good luck on phase 1 again, how much did you lose the first time you did it?

marathon mom, it's nice to be able to come back to p1 whenever we over indulge some to get us refocused and back on track :) good luck to you as well! I hope both of you lose lots of weight in the next 14 days :)

for me, it's day 9 and I just had some lean roast beef and cheese for breakfast. I'm out of quiches, I'll be making some more for this week for sure :) Today I have the day off so I'm gonna clean the house and relax.

jandaman
06-09-2008, 04:17 PM
hey marathon mom, hand over some of that willpower dust :)

spryng-the first time i lost nada, the second time i lost 10 pounds

hmacneil6
06-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Just wanted to share that I'm jumping back into P1 after a weekend of eatting and drinking debauchary camping with my family. It was something I had planned and I knew that a week of P1 would help get the cravings back under control. I had 2 egg and turkey bacon cups for breakfast and black bean and jicama salad w/ chicken for lunch. Going shopping tonight, menus already to go. Wish me luck!

spryng
06-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey all! hope your tuesday is going well! :) today is day 10 for me and all is well. its really true that the longer you are on this plan the easier it gets. course that is without the weekends, lol.. every weekend I'll battle I'm sure, but as long as I win that is ok, lol...course this weekend I finish up p1 so I get to include some wine! I'm buying a bottle to celebrate, lol..
but the day is going well. I need to get to the grocery store and get some more veggies. Gonna make spaghetti squash spaghetti for dinner tonight, yum! had chili for lunch :) well, back to work I go, I was just taking a quick break :)

jandaman
06-11-2008, 06:07 AM
good morning!

:wave:heather! we can do this-again!:)

hi spryng-have a great run to the finish line! and enjoy that wine

well, i kinda sorta went off course yesterday, last day celebrations w/my students and then expat quiz night at the irish pub. just couldn't resist. had a cider and mojitos:(
of course now my cravings have kicked in full force. sigh. i think i will try the meatball casserole to feed the hangover!

happy humpday everybody!

Natalie'sMom
06-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Spryng -- I see you are from Kansas -- what part? We live in Overland Park!

hmacneil6
06-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Janda - There's something wrong about getting mojitos at an Irish Pub. Were they any good? I totally here you about the end of the year fun. Today we're going kayaking and then to a local burger joint. I MUST stay away from their fries.....SO GOOD!!!

spryng
06-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey all! glad to see this thread moving again :)

natalie's mom, I'm just south of you! I live in ft scott :) small world huh? infact I go to kc quite often, but we just discovered the Plaza by accident last weekend and it was awesome, lol

jandman, just jump right back on and you'll pick it right back up:)

well for me today I've been half working, lol.. I mean Ive been working but my brother gets married in like 3 weeks (july 4th) and I'm doing all the bouquets and such so I thought I'd get started today, they wanted silk flowers so they'd last forever so that is what I got and my hand is tired from cutting wire, lol.. but dinner is stuffed bellpeppers tonight, they smell so good in my crockpot right now :) the kids don't like bell peppers but I figure I'll just pull out the meatloaf mixture inside and they can eat that, not sure about sides yet. maybe some ff cottage cheese and a small salad or something.. but it's day 11 and it's going so awesome! my friend and I decided to try a new entree recipe once a week and make it for our familes and see what sbd recipes are really family friendly and then put them together in our own little cookbooks :) it will be fun anyway to cook and rate the meals and let the kids have a say too :)
well I was just taking a break, so back to the office

jandaman
06-12-2008, 07:14 AM
howdy all!

am back on track..don't know how i made it thru yesterday.:)
so technically on day 3, i guess.

spryng- you really inspire me to get cookin'! i am glad the beach is working so well for you

heather- yeah, mojitos-irish pub=weird. it's a summer special and unfortunately veeerrry yummy. it's cool that you go kayaking and yes, 'ware the fries! :)

happy thorsday everyone

spryng
06-12-2008, 08:56 AM
jandaman, congrats on day 3!! I found each day threw in it's own temptations but after you turn down the big ones it's easy to turn down the little ones. Like for instance, once I turned down all that gourmet food in kansas city it was easy to turn down mcdonalds and stuff like that, even my husband said, if you won't cheat with a icecream from coldstone creamery then there is no way I'd let you cheat with a parfait from mcdonalds, lol.. so even he saw that really nothing was worth cheating for anymore :) but everyday does get easier and I don't even crave sweets now. course I still havent found one sbd dessert that I like, but I'm still looking, lol.

Well yesterday I finished the bridal bouqet. Very pretty, one down so many more to go, lol. but today is just work. Not sure what I'm doing for dinner, something with pork chops. I found all those dump recipes will work for pork chops as well so I bought them instead of chicken. I don't want to get burned out on chicken so new into this plan. Anyhoo, that is the gist of my thursday, hope everyone is having a great OP day! :)

spryng
06-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Morning all! :)
Well I hope we get some more posts today, I'm starting to feel lonely, lol

today is day 13 for me, yipee!! I must confess though yesteday was rough. Not with eating, that is becoming second nature, but I was battling some self doubt in my head. Thinking "could I do this long term" "Do I want to?" "Will I be able to turn down the next temptation?" just a bunch of conversations in me head, lol.. maybe I'm just ready for p2 and some tortillas and bread (ww of course) and some more variety? not sure but today I feel resiliant though :) So maybe it was just one of those days. I was reading ahead in the supercharged book on phase 3 and how you can have full fat icecream and the occasional french fries and I was thinking that would be lovely but if you eat one will that send you spirling back into full craving mode and want to eat more and more until you need to start p1 again? lol.. probably would for me. Course I'll cross that bridge when I get there :)
Well my youngest turns 2 on sunday, I'm excited. I'll go buy her gifts today. I'm sure something to do with Dora or Diego, she loves them both :) We are thinking about taking them all to the zoo but it's gonna be hot so maybe not. Then father's day is sunday as well and I have no idea what to get my dh.. may have to browse a few stores after I get off work today for ideas.
Well anyway, its friday! My official 2 week WI is tomorrow and I can't wait to share! :) I'm getting a bottle of red wine tonight to celebrate the ending of my p1 and I'm super excited! LOL!! I'm proud to say I've done p1 to the letter of the plan with no deviations and I hope it pays off on the scale soon :)
ok, gotta get into my home office to work, I'll check back in later! :)

Marathon Mom
06-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Question: Does anyone know - Is imitation crab meat SBD friendly?? I can't find the nutritional data online.. I love the chunks (not the flaked) and have an awesome thai cucumber salad recipe that includes them...

(Crossing fingers)

Ruthxxx
06-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Sorry but imitation crab (surimi) is NOT allowed. It contains sugar, cornstarch and "crab extract" which I don't want to know about!

Pearlrose
06-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Hello all, I am back on Phase 1, day 6 for me, doing really good. All the cravings and headaches are gone. But I have not lost a single lb this time around, don't know if it is because TOM is around the corner or if my body or the scale is just being difficult. Still waiting for the swoosh or even just a lb or two.

spryng
06-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Marathon Mom, they do sell reg crab meat in the cans now (like tuna) and it's really good and it's 100% crab meat :) you might want to get some there :)

Ruthxxx
06-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Please go to new Phase I Thread here. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143769)